NATION

PASSWORD

Bakaung-Nandalar War(MT, IC, OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Bakaung
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Bakaung-Nandalar War(MT, IC, OPEN)

Postby Bakaung » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:58 pm

BREAKING NEWS:


Nandalar forces have just rejected the ongoing negotiations led by Bakaung Foreign Minister Myint Pyay to settle the Pindalay dispute, and have ordered 2,000 troops to occupy the region. Nandalar King Thuta Khaing has delivered a speech urging King Myo Sein of Bakaung to allow the territorial conflict to end with this action, to bring peace to the two nations.

Nandalar Artillery has been deployed to the border as a deterrent, with instructions to shoot the neighboring Bakaung troops in the Kyauktaga region on any signs of military response.



King Myo Sein officially rejects the request, calling it "An ultimatum of which Mandalar knows is unacceptable." He orders the troops stationed in the region to "attack if fired upon" and "defend the border at Pindalay."

He decides to order 3,000 troops to move into Pindalay past the mutually agreed upon red line in response, and calls on a condemnation of Nandalar aggression.

The long-simmering Pindalay dispute, abandoned by surrounding powers as hopeless, has just escalated into the closest to war between Nandalar and Bakaung in 13 years, when Bakaung seized the region west of Pindalay for resources and winning that war.

Bakaung forces are ordered to begin mobilization, to prepare for a full scale war.
Last edited by Bakaung on Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nandalar
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Nandalar » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Nandalar begins mobilization of it's forces, and launches artillery at the Bakaung troops, aiming to retake the stolen Pindalay region. Bakaung was told 5 years ago by Tianming to withdraw from the region, but has refused.

Therefore, Nandalay announces it's intent to fully reintegrate the lost territory from the illegitimate rule of the Bakaung Empire. The troops are ordered to provide support to Bakaung citizens trapped in the city to move back to Bakaung or deeper into Nandalar.

Nandalar launches a short series of air strikes on the Bakaung border, aiming to delay their troops through showing willingness to fight.
Taxes are ordered to be frozen on Buddhists in the region for 2 years as compensation for the conflict.
Last edited by Nandalar on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Tianming
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 127
Founded: Feb 25, 2024
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tianming » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:18 pm

Tianming Foreign Minister Mengyun Shi has sent out a statement today, announcing a withdrawal from the Bakaung embassy. It is also leaked that Bakaung tried to sabotage negotiations in exchange for trying to gain Tianming support in the potential conflict.

A single airstrike at the border is carried out, to warn Bakaung. Bakaung assets in Tianming banks are frozen, and the Bakaung ambassador is ordered to leave. The Tianming Jian Emperor, Li Mengxu, announces a new slew of financial aid programs to Bakaung Buddhists feeling unable to return due to the war, and tax credits for Mandalar refugees.

Of the 80,000 troops near the Bakaung border, 10,000 are placed on high alert for needing to move into the conflict at any time to intervene.
MT//PMT/FanT(Depends on RP)
Tianming is ruled by the Jiang Dynasty. Lore WIP.
The son of Heaven cares for all people. Compassionate Imperialism.
(This nation doesn't reflect my IRL views, but it DOES reflect my tastes).
Busy, so if I don't reply that's why. I do this in my spare time.
Tianming in its cultural native languages:
Chinese: Tianming
Vietnamese: Thien Menh
Japanese: Tenmei
Korean:Cheonmyeong
Jurchen: Tien-Meng
Khitan: Chien-Ming(Large script) Tie-Mihn(Small Script)
Manchu: Tenmin
Qiang: Shimmi
Di: Chyenming
Tibetan: Lha'i ming
Multiethnic and have many East Asian cultures within us that are also independent but in a council led by three great monarchs, the Chinese and Japanese style ones, and one not yet determined in the lore.

User avatar
Vorrilium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1023
Founded: Sep 16, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vorrilium » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:28 pm

The Imperium of Vorrilium has been watching these startling events between the Monarchies for a territorial border dispute, they have come to the conclusion to help Bakaung in this trying times, recognizing the fact that the Nandalar Kingdom has attempted to set up an ultimatum against the Bakaung state, would officially guarantee their independence of Bakaung Sovereignty and Independence.

The problem? Bakaung if 4890 miles apart from the Vorrillic Capital, with multiple nations blocking access from Bakaung, Vorrillium has to go through both the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, so they decide to just offer purely material support to the Bakaung Government and declare their full intent on militarily intervening in a declaration of war against Bakaung.

To King Myo Sein
"May our two monarchies prosper as we are willing to give you our latest mass produced infantry equipment and some of our light tanks. Goodluck."
Last edited by Vorrilium on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Autocratic Constitutional Monarchy
An Economic Powerhouse which is Capitalist
The Shining Star of the Mediterranean
Main thread is international incidents
Owns: Italy, Greece, Albania, Macedonia, Cyprus, Kosovo, and the Western half of Turkey
"There is no reality without hope."

Vorrillius Internale News Program: Vorrillium have set foot on the new Continent recently discovered by their Ally, the EFU | Vorrillium continues to expand their Nuclear Program

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18817
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:31 pm

The Marajarbian Federation would condemn the nation of Bakaung for orchestrating an illegal imperialistic campaign against the sovereignty of neighboring Nandalar. Marajarbia would also declare official sanctions on the nation of Bakaung, and would call on the CSL to also sanction Bakaung.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

User avatar
Bakaung
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

First Blood: Artillery Fire

Postby Bakaung » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:49 pm


Communication to: Vorillium Foreign Affairs Department, and Vorillium Leadership
Subject: Nandalar Aggression
Content:
"We are very pleased to see that a distant nation as wise as Vorillium, has seen these unjust demands for what they are, and are able and willing to support our humble cause. We hereby extend an invitation to the Vorillium Monarch to visit Bakaung, to see the magnificence of our temples, and of our gods.

The Nandalar are not just aggressors-but upstart rebels. 160 years ago, they illegally seceded from our kingdom, breaking the contract that bound our two kingdoms together. They are not to be trusted. It is thus, with a heavy heart, that I must inform you of our decision to fight the Nandalar, and the Tianming's ruling dynasty, the Xue. We will give them a single, bloody warning. After that, there is nothing more we can do to prevent conflict.

It's unfortunate, but the time for the Golden Lion to hunt has arrived once more.

Thank you sincerely, and we shall send you many gifts, from some of our precious art to our prized literary work translated for free, as thanks.

Sincerely,
King Myo Sein of Bakaung


On the Nandalar border, a communication is received. General Thu Yunmo, head of the Bakaung defense forces, has sent an order to fire upon the enemy.

Silence.

A few minutes later, thunder roars as the Artillery fire upon the Nandalar positions, like a hip hop beat. Boom, boom, boom. This continues for several minutes, until the order to halt has been given.

The first casualties have been decided. Bakaung will not be on the defense this time.

User avatar
Nandalar
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Nandalar » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:13 pm

News comes of the casualties into Nandalar immediately.

35 dead, 67 wounded.

King Thuta Khaing immediately goes live, to address the nation.


"To all the people of Nandalar. The imperialist Bakaung have just fired upon our troops. Our hope that they would allow our forces to reintegrate the territory peacefully back into our great and noble kingdom have just been dashed, like a paintbrush dipped in blood.

This will not be an easy time for our nation. But, Pindalay is of vital economic importance, and is full of the history of our culture. Many of you may remember the 140 year reign of the Bakaung over much of our nation. That it was Pindalay that was the center of the revolution that restored our nation to its full independent status.

And that is why we must not let the spirit of the revolution falter after the recent war. A just war that was to liberate the Nandalar migrants to the west and south of Pindalay from Bakaung rule after the bloody purge by the now retired Burmese General Praketh Maugu. Which the King of Bakaung did nothing to bother his prized friend and ally. No, more than a friend, perhaps.

Bakaung's victory in the last war, and their false claims of our oppression of their people is as you know, no grounds for the spectacle of bloodshed we have just been subjected to. Their claims of being robbed of land ownership and capital are nothing but farce. They were loaned by the government, and therefore within our rights, especially during the recent depression, which this administration has now reversed.

That is why, I ask you all. Citizens of Nandalar. Servants of our King and Shiva, patron of Mandalar. Give your all for your country in this war, so we can and may rise above the Bakaung Lion-Dogs, and take back what is rightfully ours. Thank you.


Immediately, a full mobilization order is issued.

The troops entering Pindalay are ordered to move directly into the city center to secure the base of control, while capturing surrounding transport locations. They're ordered to fire on any resistance.

In the meanwhile, 20,000 more troops are alerted of needing to make preparations to travel near the Pindalay region to capture the surrounding area, and push west, aiming to cut off Bakaung access to the region.

The mobilization, already in partial progress, is able to be quickly sped up, but it will still take at least two weeks for them to reach the front lines...

User avatar
Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat
 
Posts: 707
Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:26 pm

Image
H.M King Isandros Seeks Peace Talks in Pindalay

Image
The King extended an offer to arbitrate the dispute as shots were fired overnight


PINDALAY - Things got real in the disputed region of Pandalay yesterday, as the rival Kingdoms of Bakaung and Nandalar began to trade artillery fire and airstrikes over claims that Bakaung has illegally occupied the region for the last 13 years.

The outbreak of hostilities, which represents a grim downturn in the already bitter contention over this region, prompted calls for moderation from the Royal Court. King Isandros, amongst other topics discussed with the press Thursday afternoon, extended an offer to both of the competing nations to use Thebes as a diplomatic intermediary for communications, as well as a destination at which to hold peace talks.

"It is my sincere hope that both countries will avail themselves of our friendship," he said, "and take the opportunity to send dignitaries to the City where we will gladly sponsor equitable, respectful discussions about the situation as well as potential avenues of resolution for both parties."

Thebes has otherwise had little involvement in the troubled region, with less than 1% of Theban exports going to both Bakaung and Nandalar combined. It is, however, famously the subject of a romantic poem "O Pandalay" by the 17th Century Theban poet and wanderer Ululastos the Short.
Last edited by Erythrean Thebes on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Factbook | Embassy | Religion | Community
Create a Colony in YN!
ATTN DEMOCRACIES - JOIN THE OCEANIC SECURITY COUNCIL - SAVE DEMOCRACY

User avatar
Ancientania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: May 07, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancientania » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 pm

The foreign minister of The Grand Kingdom of Ancientania opens doors to all refugees with good jobs, affordable and convenient housing, and a bonus per immigrant of 5,000 GFCF to get them started.

Ancientania retains neutrality in the conflict until further notice.
Last edited by Ancientania on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geography nerd, Political especially
10-20 years old, Gen Z
American Jew, He/him Male
Class: 0.86
If you sue me I'll take your kneecaps. Threats count too.
Kneecaps stolen 21(x2)
NS stats have met my little buddy over here *Cocks gun*
Militant... main sig is also IC. High welfare. TGs are for any purpose. Proud delegate of TOH.
[What's this button do?]
[NO DON'T TOUCH THAT]
[What about this one?] [NOT THAT EITHER]
[Ooh shiny] [NO]
{BOOM}
The Centennial Radio: Yes, this is the Tom and Jerry morning show, join us on weekdays from 6-10 on Centennial 100 point O. Wait what? You want more? Well we don't have more. We're new! We were literally just created! Needy little brats...

User avatar
Bakaung
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Bakaung rejects outside interference

Postby Bakaung » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:41 pm

Bakaung issues a public statement.


"With the aggression by Nandalar forces, any hope of peace cannot be attained without the complete removal of Nandalar forces from Pindalay, and Bakaung reintegration of the city into the state. The retention of the city, which thousands of soldiers lost their lives reclaiming from Nandalar colonialists, is paramount to Bakaung strategic interests and national security. From here, we will not budge."


2,000 Bakaung troops are ordered to engage the Nandalar forces, with the others attempting a flanking maneuver. Concerned of Tianming, 30,000 in addition are mobilized for combat, 20,000 against Tianming to the north, 10,000 to Nandalar in the East.

Furthermore, the government announces sanctions on any news station airing "Nandalar Propaganda", but refrains from enacting martial law at this time.
Citizens are urged to spend their money freely on many food products to help the government at this time as well as stock up in case there are supply chain disruptions.

The Bakaung Naval forces, numbering 30,000, are ordered to mobilize and prepare to blockade Nandalar's coast. 2% Tax cuts for the poor are immediately instated as additional compensation during this time, with a 1% tax increase on the wealthy.

All Bakaung foreign aid is declared frozen to be redirected to the war effort. In addition, prominent Nandalar citizens have their assets seized by the Bakaung government, and arrest warrants are issued for several prominent Nandalar activists in Bakaung under suspicion of "abating unrest and cooperating with the enemy."

40,000 ground troops are ordered to mobilize at a slower pace, with the 20,000 strong air force ordered to mobilize for primarily defensive warfare.

User avatar
Ancientania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: May 07, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancientania » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:45 pm

Bakaung wrote:Bakaung issues a public statement.


"With the aggression by Nandalar forces, any hope of peace cannot be attained without the complete removal of Nandalar forces from Pindalay, and Bakaung reintegration of the city into the state. The retention of the city, which thousands of soldiers lost their lives reclaiming from Nandalar colonialists, is paramount to Bakaung strategic interests and national security. From here, we will not budge."


2,000 Bakaung troops are ordered to engage the Nandalar forces, with the others attempting a flanking maneuver. Concerned of Tianming, 30,000 in addition are mobilized for combat, 20,000 against Tianming to the north, 10,000 to Nandalar in the East.

Furthermore, the government announces sanctions on any news station airing "Nandalar Propaganda", but refrains from enacting martial law at this time.
Citizens are urged to spend their money freely on many food products to help the government at this time as well as stock up in case there are supply chain disruptions.

The Bakaung Naval forces, numbering 30,000, are ordered to mobilize and prepare to blockade Nandalar's coast. 2% Tax cuts for the poor are immediately instated as additional compensation during this time, with a 1% tax increase on the wealthy.

All Bakaung foreign aid is declared frozen to be redirected to the war effort. In addition, prominent Nandalar citizens have their assets seized by the Bakaung government, and arrest warrants are issued for several prominent Nandalar activists in Bakaung under suspicion of "abating unrest and cooperating with the enemy."

40,000 ground troops are ordered to mobilize at a slower pace, with the 20,000 strong air force ordered to mobilize for primarily defensive warfare.

In response to the escalation of this conflict, Ancientania prepares but does not launch 100,000 troops, including 30,000 land, 20,000 Naval, 15,000 heavy (tanks, rockets) and 35,000 Air Force
Geography nerd, Political especially
10-20 years old, Gen Z
American Jew, He/him Male
Class: 0.86
If you sue me I'll take your kneecaps. Threats count too.
Kneecaps stolen 21(x2)
NS stats have met my little buddy over here *Cocks gun*
Militant... main sig is also IC. High welfare. TGs are for any purpose. Proud delegate of TOH.
[What's this button do?]
[NO DON'T TOUCH THAT]
[What about this one?] [NOT THAT EITHER]
[Ooh shiny] [NO]
{BOOM}
The Centennial Radio: Yes, this is the Tom and Jerry morning show, join us on weekdays from 6-10 on Centennial 100 point O. Wait what? You want more? Well we don't have more. We're new! We were literally just created! Needy little brats...

User avatar
Kostane
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1722
Founded: Nov 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kostane » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:36 pm

Ancientania wrote:The foreign minister of The Grand Kingdom of Ancientania opens doors to all refugees with good jobs, affordable and convenient housing, and a bonus per immigrant of 5,000 GFCF to get them started.

Ancientania retains neutrality in the conflict until further notice.

Kostane follows suit, but instead offers a bonus of the equivalent of 5,001 GFCF. If there are to be migrants to boost the economy from this war, they shall go to Kostane.
NS stats are (mostly) canon. A thriving capitalist military autocracy ruled by the bourgeoisie— its a communist’s worst nightmare.
Pronouns: He / Him
Place of Resident: The United States
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
Political Views: Democratic Socialism
Kostane

Do you like war? I liked war once. Join my war!
Vote Ineva for best NSPlayer April 2024

User avatar
Ancientania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: May 07, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancientania » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:54 pm

Kostane wrote:
Ancientania wrote:The foreign minister of The Grand Kingdom of Ancientania opens doors to all refugees with good jobs, affordable and convenient housing, and a bonus per immigrant of 5,000 GFCF to get them started.

Ancientania retains neutrality in the conflict until further notice.

Kostane follows suit, but instead offers a bonus of the equivalent of 5,001 GFCF. If there are to be migrants to boost the economy from this war, they shall go to Kostane.

Punk

10,000
Geography nerd, Political especially
10-20 years old, Gen Z
American Jew, He/him Male
Class: 0.86
If you sue me I'll take your kneecaps. Threats count too.
Kneecaps stolen 21(x2)
NS stats have met my little buddy over here *Cocks gun*
Militant... main sig is also IC. High welfare. TGs are for any purpose. Proud delegate of TOH.
[What's this button do?]
[NO DON'T TOUCH THAT]
[What about this one?] [NOT THAT EITHER]
[Ooh shiny] [NO]
{BOOM}
The Centennial Radio: Yes, this is the Tom and Jerry morning show, join us on weekdays from 6-10 on Centennial 100 point O. Wait what? You want more? Well we don't have more. We're new! We were literally just created! Needy little brats...

User avatar
Kostane
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1722
Founded: Nov 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kostane » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 pm

Ancientania wrote:
Kostane wrote:Kostane follows suit, but instead offers a bonus of the equivalent of 5,001 GFCF. If there are to be migrants to boost the economy from this war, they shall go to Kostane.

Punk

10,000

You knew this was coming. Kostane is proud to offer the equivalent of whatever Ancientania offers + 1. Currently this is the equivalent of 10,001 GFCF.

They also pay for the flight to Kostane.

Meabwhile, a small fleet of a little over 250,000 Kostan soldiers prepares for this war if necessary, studying the tactics and weaponry of both sides.
NS stats are (mostly) canon. A thriving capitalist military autocracy ruled by the bourgeoisie— its a communist’s worst nightmare.
Pronouns: He / Him
Place of Resident: The United States
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
Political Views: Democratic Socialism
Kostane

Do you like war? I liked war once. Join my war!
Vote Ineva for best NSPlayer April 2024

User avatar
Ancientania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: May 07, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancientania » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Kostane wrote:
Ancientania wrote:Punk

10,000

You knew this was coming. Kostane is proud to offer the equivalent of whatever Ancientania offers + 1. Currently this is the equivalent of 10,001 GFCF.

They also pay for the flight to Kostane.

Meabwhile, a small fleet of a little over 250,000 Kostan soldiers prepares for this war if necessary, studying the tactics and weaponry of both sides.

Ok look we have the same end goal let's just work together right?
Geography nerd, Political especially
10-20 years old, Gen Z
American Jew, He/him Male
Class: 0.86
If you sue me I'll take your kneecaps. Threats count too.
Kneecaps stolen 21(x2)
NS stats have met my little buddy over here *Cocks gun*
Militant... main sig is also IC. High welfare. TGs are for any purpose. Proud delegate of TOH.
[What's this button do?]
[NO DON'T TOUCH THAT]
[What about this one?] [NOT THAT EITHER]
[Ooh shiny] [NO]
{BOOM}
The Centennial Radio: Yes, this is the Tom and Jerry morning show, join us on weekdays from 6-10 on Centennial 100 point O. Wait what? You want more? Well we don't have more. We're new! We were literally just created! Needy little brats...

User avatar
Kostane
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1722
Founded: Nov 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kostane » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 pm

Ancientania wrote:
Kostane wrote:You knew this was coming. Kostane is proud to offer the equivalent of whatever Ancientania offers + 1. Currently this is the equivalent of 10,001 GFCF.

They also pay for the flight to Kostane.

Meabwhile, a small fleet of a little over 250,000 Kostan soldiers prepares for this war if necessary, studying the tactics and weaponry of both sides.

Ok look we have the same end goal let's just work together right?

There’s only so many immigrants that can be stolen from a country at war.

Though I suppose I’ll just set what I pay to whatever you pay because everyone knows that Kostane is the superior country, regardless of how much they’re paid.

Edit: so yes, I’ll agree to work together with you.
Last edited by Kostane on Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are (mostly) canon. A thriving capitalist military autocracy ruled by the bourgeoisie— its a communist’s worst nightmare.
Pronouns: He / Him
Place of Resident: The United States
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
Political Views: Democratic Socialism
Kostane

Do you like war? I liked war once. Join my war!
Vote Ineva for best NSPlayer April 2024

User avatar
Ancientania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: May 07, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancientania » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:06 pm

Kostane wrote:
Ancientania wrote:Ok look we have the same end goal let's just work together right?

There’s only so many immigrants that can be stolen from a country at war.

Though I suppose I’ll just set what I pay to whatever you pay because everyone knows that Kostane is the superior country, regardless of how much they’re paid.

Edit: so yes, I’ll agree to work together with you.

Ok sure!

Now we wait
Geography nerd, Political especially
10-20 years old, Gen Z
American Jew, He/him Male
Class: 0.86
If you sue me I'll take your kneecaps. Threats count too.
Kneecaps stolen 21(x2)
NS stats have met my little buddy over here *Cocks gun*
Militant... main sig is also IC. High welfare. TGs are for any purpose. Proud delegate of TOH.
[What's this button do?]
[NO DON'T TOUCH THAT]
[What about this one?] [NOT THAT EITHER]
[Ooh shiny] [NO]
{BOOM}
The Centennial Radio: Yes, this is the Tom and Jerry morning show, join us on weekdays from 6-10 on Centennial 100 point O. Wait what? You want more? Well we don't have more. We're new! We were literally just created! Needy little brats...

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18817
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:25 am

Nandalar wrote:News comes of the casualties into Nandalar immediately.

35 dead, 67 wounded.

King Thuta Khaing immediately goes live, to address the nation.


"To all the people of Nandalar. The imperialist Bakaung have just fired upon our troops. Our hope that they would allow our forces to reintegrate the territory peacefully back into our great and noble kingdom have just been dashed, like a paintbrush dipped in blood.

This will not be an easy time for our nation. But, Pindalay is of vital economic importance, and is full of the history of our culture. Many of you may remember the 140 year reign of the Bakaung over much of our nation. That it was Pindalay that was the center of the revolution that restored our nation to its full independent status.

And that is why we must not let the spirit of the revolution falter after the recent war. A just war that was to liberate the Nandalar migrants to the west and south of Pindalay from Bakaung rule after the bloody purge by the now retired Burmese General Praketh Maugu. Which the King of Bakaung did nothing to bother his prized friend and ally. No, more than a friend, perhaps.

Bakaung's victory in the last war, and their false claims of our oppression of their people is as you know, no grounds for the spectacle of bloodshed we have just been subjected to. Their claims of being robbed of land ownership and capital are nothing but farce. They were loaned by the government, and therefore within our rights, especially during the recent depression, which this administration has now reversed.

That is why, I ask you all. Citizens of Nandalar. Servants of our King and Shiva, patron of Mandalar. Give your all for your country in this war, so we can and may rise above the Bakaung Lion-Dogs, and take back what is rightfully ours. Thank you.


Immediately, a full mobilization order is issued.

The troops entering Pindalay are ordered to move directly into the city center to secure the base of control, while capturing surrounding transport locations. They're ordered to fire on any resistance.

In the meanwhile, 20,000 more troops are alerted of needing to make preparations to travel near the Pindalay region to capture the surrounding area, and push west, aiming to cut off Bakaung access to the region.

The mobilization, already in partial progress, is able to be quickly sped up, but it will still take at least two weeks for them to reach the front lines...


Enraged by the attack, Marajarbia officially declares that it will be sending aid in the form of weapons, alongside humanitarian and economic aid, to Nandalar. It is uncertain if Marajarbia will send troops to fight the forces from Bakaung.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

User avatar
Assassins BrotherHoodd
Minister
 
Posts: 3000
Founded: Feb 05, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Federal republic of Luxembourg

Postby Assassins BrotherHoodd » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:36 am

As Luxembourg a member of the CSL has decided to send aid to Nandalar . In the form of medical aid to it’s civilians and troops .weapons to their troops and equipment and maybe will send in some tanks .
“Good soldiers always follow orders.”-Average GAR clone trooper.”that will make another, fine addition to my collection.”-General Grievous.
“Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend.“-Sheev Palpatine.
March song.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")this is mr bunny:3
“The time has come Execute Order 66.”-Sheev Palpatine.
Tactical NUKE INCOMING-Modern Warfare 2 2009.
Proud member of the ASP,CSL,KTO,interCOM,TDC,IMPERIAL PACT! and ANTISOC
NS stats are not cannon.
─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻This is mr gun:3
“Hah! You thought I wouldn’t be back, to take your knee caps? You thought wrong! Time to take those caps.” -charges up knee caps stealer.-

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18817
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:28 pm

Assassins BrotherHoodd wrote:As Luxembourg a member of the CSL has decided to send aid to Nandalar . In the form of medical aid to it’s civilians and troops .weapons to their troops and equipment and maybe will send in some tanks .


Marajarbia would commend the move.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

User avatar
Bakaung
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakaung » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:31 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:-snip-



PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM GOVERNMENT OF BAKAUNG

"The opposition from foreign oppressors of Bakaung's national sovereignty is deeply sickening to all Bakaung citizenry. Bakaung will not be blackmailed into capitulation, will not be threatened into giving up our territory. This is an attack on the home soil of Bakaung, and thus is an existential war of defense. With the Buddha as Bakaung's witness, Bakaung will repel the foreign attack on Bakaung's independence and defeat the colonizers. King Myo Sein issues an immediate immigration ban from and to any countries supporting the Nandalar aggressors. They will be conscripted into the military to defend the capital as punishment. After the war ends, they may go free.

Bakaung will also demand Tianming withdraw from the conflict, or face military retaliation for trampling on Bakaung independence and invading Bakaung territory."


The troops continue to be mobilized, as Bakaung forces fire upon Nandalar forces.
Air strikes are launched against loose Nandalar positions, artillery pummels Nandalar supply lines to Pindalay, and cut off the water supply. They attempt an encircling maneuver against the Nandalar forces, while bombing Nandalar mobile forces. They bomb the dam, causing a massive flood around the Nandalar forces.

A slow trickle of Nandalar forces move east and north, to fight the Nandalar and Tianming militaries. Volunteer militias are allowed to join, resulting in 3,000 extra fighters in the east.

Nandalar will be defeated, river be damned.

User avatar
Nandalar
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Nandalar » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:44 pm

Bakaung wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:-snip-



PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM GOVERNMENT OF BAKAUNG

"The opposition from foreign oppressors of Bakaung's national sovereignty is deeply sickening to all Bakaung citizenry. Bakaung will not be blackmailed into capitulation, will not be threatened into giving up our territory. This is an attack on the home soil of Bakaung, and thus is an existential war of defense. With the Buddha as Bakaung's witness, Bakaung will repel the foreign attack on Bakaung's independence and defeat the colonizers. King Myo Sein issues an immediate immigration ban from and to any countries supporting the Nandalar aggressors. They will be conscripted into the military to defend the capital as punishment. After the war ends, they may go free.

Bakaung will also demand Tianming withdraw from the conflict, or face military retaliation for trampling on Bakaung independence and invading Bakaung territory."


The troops continue to be mobilized, as Bakaung forces fire upon Nandalar forces.
Air strikes are launched against loose Nandalar positions, artillery pummels Nandalar supply lines to Pindalay, and cut off the water supply. They attempt an encircling maneuver against the Nandalar forces, while bombing Nandalar mobile forces. They bomb the dam, causing a massive flood around the Nandalar forces.

A slow trickle of Nandalar forces move east and north, to fight the Nandalar and Tianming militaries. Volunteer militias are allowed to join, resulting in 3,000 extra fighters in the east.

Nandalar will be defeated, river be damned.


Nandalar forces are caught in the flood, surprised by the tactic. Hundreds of military casualties, mount, with the flood quickly becoming christened "Flood of the Battle of Pindalay". Civilian casualties, luckily, number less than a dozen.

As Nandalar forces continue to mobilize and trickle in, they begin to recognize that Nandalar now possesses the geographic advantage. They bunker down in military installations, and keep shooting on the front lines. However, they're slowly being forced on the back foot.

Nevertheless, the Nandalar Navy continues its slow mobilization. 8,000 troops. Not enough to crush the Bakaung Navy even with the extravagant funding designed to modernize the fleet, but it'll do enough.

Nandalar issues a conscription order in some towns and cities, for an additional goal of 5,000, to defend the capital as more experienced troops are sent west. The order is filled within hours.

Due to the Bakaung flanking tactics, Nandalar troops are pinned in some positions, and are forced to stand and fight. The encirclement strategy is working well, as Nandalar forces are too disorganized to respond.

Nandalar is forced to issue a 3% tax increase on Hindu temples to help fund the war. Many agree, though some dissent.

The war has escalated. Nandalar refuses to back down. It seems that the battle has just entered phase 1.

User avatar
Union of Soviet Sovereign Republiks1
Envoy
 
Posts: 282
Founded: Jul 14, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Union of Soviet Sovereign Republiks1 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 pm

Newly elected Soviet President Alexei Navalny issued a warning to the Bakaung government to withdraw immediately or face the full might of the Soviet Armed Forces. An encrypted message was sent to the Nandalar Ministry of the Defense telling that Soviet Special Forces under the codename Tiger are being deployed to Nandalar military in its war against Bakaung as well as ships of the mighty Soviet Navy. 1 Yasen-Class SSGN and 3 Akula-III SSNs were the closest Soviet warships to Nandalar at 320 km away so were the first arrive. The Yasen-class SSGN K-571 Krasnoyarsk launched its complement of 3M14K (SS-N-30A) Kalibr land attack cruise missiles at Bakaung military bases as well as the Bakaung Ministry of Defense from 150 miles out with the Akulas watching out for enemy subs and warships.
Leader: President Alexei Navalny
Member of: NATO, The Indo-Pacific Pact, ASP, CSL
Observer of: KTO
Population: 450 million
Year: 2025
Country: The Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics or the Soviet Union
Territory: All Soviet Territory plus former Iranian provinces of East Azerbaijan, West Azerbaijan and Ardabil.
Tech Level: MT-PMT
Flag: Soviet Flag

User avatar
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18817
Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:26 am

Nandalar wrote:
Bakaung wrote:

PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM GOVERNMENT OF BAKAUNG

"The opposition from foreign oppressors of Bakaung's national sovereignty is deeply sickening to all Bakaung citizenry. Bakaung will not be blackmailed into capitulation, will not be threatened into giving up our territory. This is an attack on the home soil of Bakaung, and thus is an existential war of defense. With the Buddha as Bakaung's witness, Bakaung will repel the foreign attack on Bakaung's independence and defeat the colonizers. King Myo Sein issues an immediate immigration ban from and to any countries supporting the Nandalar aggressors. They will be conscripted into the military to defend the capital as punishment. After the war ends, they may go free.

Bakaung will also demand Tianming withdraw from the conflict, or face military retaliation for trampling on Bakaung independence and invading Bakaung territory."


The troops continue to be mobilized, as Bakaung forces fire upon Nandalar forces.
Air strikes are launched against loose Nandalar positions, artillery pummels Nandalar supply lines to Pindalay, and cut off the water supply. They attempt an encircling maneuver against the Nandalar forces, while bombing Nandalar mobile forces. They bomb the dam, causing a massive flood around the Nandalar forces.

A slow trickle of Nandalar forces move east and north, to fight the Nandalar and Tianming militaries. Volunteer militias are allowed to join, resulting in 3,000 extra fighters in the east.

Nandalar will be defeated, river be damned.


Nandalar forces are caught in the flood, surprised by the tactic. Hundreds of military casualties, mount, with the flood quickly becoming christened "Flood of the Battle of Pindalay". Civilian casualties, luckily, number less than a dozen.

As Nandalar forces continue to mobilize and trickle in, they begin to recognize that Nandalar now possesses the geographic advantage. They bunker down in military installations, and keep shooting on the front lines. However, they're slowly being forced on the back foot.

Nevertheless, the Nandalar Navy continues its slow mobilization. 8,000 troops. Not enough to crush the Bakaung Navy even with the extravagant funding designed to modernize the fleet, but it'll do enough.

Nandalar issues a conscription order in some towns and cities, for an additional goal of 5,000, to defend the capital as more experienced troops are sent west. The order is filled within hours.

Due to the Bakaung flanking tactics, Nandalar troops are pinned in some positions, and are forced to stand and fight. The encirclement strategy is working well, as Nandalar forces are too disorganized to respond.

Nandalar is forced to issue a 3% tax increase on Hindu temples to help fund the war. Many agree, though some dissent.

The war has escalated. Nandalar refuses to back down. It seems that the battle has just entered phase 1.


Marajarbia continues to send aid to Nandalar, stating that Bakaung’s imperialism will come to an end, and if possible, it’s corrupt monarchy will be deposed and shall face justice.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

User avatar
European Federal Union
Senator
 
Posts: 4207
Founded: Sep 25, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby European Federal Union » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:21 am

Bakaung wrote:snip


EFU formally condemns Nadalar, and begins to seak diplomatic relationships with Bakaung


The EFU formally condemned the nation of Nandalar for their illegal invasion of Bakaungian territory and the violation of territorial integrity that this resulted in. The EFU states that the region of Pindalay is part of the EFU recognized territory of Bakaung and that the EFU will not recognize the territory occupied by Nandalar as part of its nation. The EFU also formally commends the government of Bakaung for their strong resstance against the illegal invasion, in disregard of the international view biased against it. The EFU would be interested in building up mutual relationships with Bakaung and invites a reprisentative delegation of Bakaung to visit the EFU and partake in a summit to discuss those relentationships, as well as the possibility of support sent to Bakaung by the EFU. 
IC: United Europe, NS partially cannon policies also partially cannon
OOC: This nation reprisents parts of my irl political views
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Buy my stuff please, I owe Janpia like half of his economy
For off site commuinications Discord: sirvonghost

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daphomir, Drawkland, Eclius, Eusan Federation, Gonswanza, Russia and Collaborative States, The Astovia, The Green Union

Advertisement

Remove ads