NATION

PASSWORD

Flamebaiting?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Port Carverton
Minister

Founded: Sep 27, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Flamebaiting?

Postby Port Carverton » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19 am

viewtopic.php?p=41355017#p41355017

Seems to me like Kalaron is trying to get me riled up

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=41355052#p41355052 also this
Last edited by Port Carverton on Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalaron
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kalaron » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:30 am

Port Carverton wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=41355017#p41355017

It's more just rudely saying that you're acting fake when you hype it up as the worst thing that's ever happened on Earth. I'm not trying to like, piss you off or anything, I just don't really respect this grandstanding about how
Port Carverton wrote:[he is] one of the worst persons on the planet.

Port Carverton
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Port Carverton » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:33 am

Kalaron wrote:
Port Carverton wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=41355017#p41355017

It's more just rudely saying that you're acting fake when you hype it up as the worst thing that's ever happened on Earth. I'm not trying to like, piss you off or anything, I just don't really respect this grandstanding about how
Port Carverton wrote:[he is] one of the worst persons on the planet.

I'm not doing any grandstanding. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy since Dimetrodon is very liberal with who he labels fascist, so it seems weird to me he would still have respect for someone who did try to bully someone he knew was disabled and that it was not ethical to do so.

Also I really don't trust you when you say that because you have called me insane in the past

Also you are misreading what I said, I was saying that Dimetrodon would be the one to say that, not me, based on how he already treats people he suspects to be fascist.

Edit: Actually doesn't this count as malicious quote editing, because I'm talking about Dimetrodon calling a hypothetical right-winger (justifiably) horrible, not Dimetrodon himself.
Last edited by Port Carverton on Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kalaron
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kalaron » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am

Port Carverton wrote:
Kalaron wrote:It's more just rudely saying that you're acting fake when you hype it up as the worst thing that's ever happened on Earth. I'm not trying to like, piss you off or anything, I just don't really respect this grandstanding about how

I'm not doing any grandstanding. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy since Dimetrodon is very liberal with who he labels fascist, so it seems weird to me he would still have respect for someone who did try to bully someone he knew was disabled and that it was not ethical to do so.

Yes, you're acting in such a way as to try to play up people's view of supposed hypocrisy here on Dim's part. You're doing this by acting like trying to get someone kicked off the site is the worst thing that's ever happened. You're doing it right now.

Port Carverton wrote:Also I really don't trust you when you say that because you have called me insane in the past

And I was warned for it? That's why I'm not doing it now. Again, it's rude, but it's not flame-baiting for me to say "I think it's dumb that you're grandstanding here"
Last edited by Kalaron on Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Port Carverton
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Port Carverton » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:52 am

Kalaron wrote:
Port Carverton wrote:I'm not doing any grandstanding. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy since Dimetrodon is very liberal with who he labels fascist, so it seems weird to me he would still have respect for someone who did try to bully someone he knew was disabled and that it was not ethical to do so.

Yes, you're acting in such a way as to try to play up people's view of supposed hypocrisy here on Dim's part. You're doing this by acting like trying to get someone kicked off the site is the worst thing that's ever happened. You're doing it right now.

Port Carverton wrote:Also I really don't trust you when you say that because you have called me insane in the past

And I was warned for it? That's why I'm not doing it now.

Check my edits. Nowhere did I say that was one of the worst things that has ever happened, I was pointing out how Dimetrodon has zero patience for people that he suspects to be fascist, but still respects someone who has tried to bully an elderly man to get him to post banneable offenses.

Port Carverton
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Port Carverton » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:51 pm

Mods?

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:59 pm

The post in the OP reads as them criticizing your previous approach to argumentation. ALL of this stuff just reads like y'all are getting increasingly coarse in your criticisms, and while I do not hold it as rulebreaking, it ain't far off for either of ya. I very much suggest that you foe each other and spare yourselves the aggravation. This current trend of behavior does neither of you any good.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation