NATION

PASSWORD

Sephora kids: What do you think?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Soviet Fighter Plane
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Nov 04, 2023
Ex-Nation

Sephora kids: What do you think?

Postby Soviet Fighter Plane » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:21 am

Hey NSG! I have a topic that I have been wanting to discuss!

What do you think of Sephora kids???

In my opinion, I think that it is a bad thing, cuz retinol and stuff is not good for teen skin. Plus consumerism sucks

BUT.

It’s not their fault

WHY.

It’s the beauty industry, you see tiktok is pushing this stuff onto teens, i am a teen and I swear every 2nd short is about drunk elephant. I don’t think teens and tweens have the judgment to know that that is for adults, and kids have been trying to be adults since forever. I think that we need to ban the selling of stuff with active ingredients to kids, and redirect kids to products that are safe for them(and maybe have TikTok stop pushing beauty influencers on kids feeds?)

But what do you think?
Last edited by Soviet Fighter Plane on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Johodovill
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 170
Founded: Jan 17, 2024
Father Knows Best State

Postby Johodovill » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:25 am

Ohh those. There was a segment about those on the news the other day. Apparently they're bad, especially the really young ones (the pre-teens), well, being that much into skincare is bad for those kids because they use products not meant for them, which can have a negative effect on their skin. Also lets be honest it's kind of a waste of money beyond a certain point.
Last edited by Johodovill on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC: This nation was an African colony of Moreistan, is now independent.
Content, if not exactly proud Reject, she/her preferred, PolComp: -2.0, -1.23 (yes really), not gonna show my RightValues results because it makes me look like a dumbass (and maybe I am), Democratic* Conservative
*Actual democracy, not the oligarchic system in the guise of a democracy most of the West has

Headlines of Daily Jodovill City Times, 3/4/2024: Johodovill has been seized from the grasp of China, is now independent again

*Moreistan Forever!* *Johodovill for Even Longer!*

User avatar
Gaybeans
Diplomat
 
Posts: 555
Founded: Dec 17, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gaybeans » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:38 am

It all stems back to the notion that showing your age is a bad thing. Christ, I was getting YouTube shorts about how you should start getting Botox from age eighteen and to buy special straws to not wrinkle and all manners of toxic shit.

It's honestly really sad but that's part of my own personal beef with the beauty industry, lol.
]|I{•------»CAULK YOUR WAGON, MOUTHFACE«------•}I|[
she/her - godless heathen - gu sprogail
Θώθ

User avatar
Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 479
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:41 am

Fearmongering the idea of becoming an adult specifically to create a market for underage consumers using a social parasite is, decidedly, cringe.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 36897
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:55 am

Their parents need to parent and supervise them, and if ever one of them assaults me, they will regret it deeply.

User avatar
The second Akane Kurokawa
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The second Akane Kurokawa » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:07 pm

Katganistan wrote:Their parents need to parent and supervise them, and if ever one of them assaults me, they will regret it deeply.

This. I agree. Parents need to supervise their kids. Offline and Online

Dear Gen Alpha parents:

You are not doing it right

Giving your 8 yr old unrestricted internet???? Really that place has so much porn and gore, and your kids will be spoiled and bad(no offense to unrestricted internet access kids), also

Don’t let your kids go to Sephora unsupervised, remember you are there to keep them in check, so do your job

-Soviet fighter plane

User avatar
Almighty Biden
Diplomat
 
Posts: 913
Founded: Aug 25, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Almighty Biden » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:37 pm

Katganistan wrote:Their parents need to parent and supervise them, and if ever one of them assaults me, they will regret it deeply.

Agreed. All this mumbo jumbo about "parents rights", but what about parents responsibilties? Sure, throwing a tablet and video games and whatever else they want at them might keep ones kids quite, but it sure is a bad way to raise them.
I'm forklift certified Joe Biden not Trump Almighty's alt.
"For so many years, people have been saying that Elvis and I look alike."—Donald Trump
RIP Alger, who was whacked by La Cosa NStra, aka "the Mod".

User avatar
The second Akane Kurokawa
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The second Akane Kurokawa » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Almighty Biden wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Their parents need to parent and supervise them, and if ever one of them assaults me, they will regret it deeply.

Agreed. All this mumbo jumbo about "parents rights", but what about parents responsibilties? Sure, throwing a tablet and video games and whatever else they want at them might keep ones kids quite, but it sure is a bad way to raise them.

Yup. Don’t let your kids go without you. Just keep an eye on, at least occasionally.

User avatar
Kostane
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1773
Founded: Nov 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kostane » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 pm

It’s an inevitable consequence of the unending consumerism in society that results in constant comparison. Social media is based on comparison, with influencers the one who compare better, and therefore it was inevitable that it would be linked to the beauty industry. As younger people become more internet fluent, it is also inevitable that beauty products reach younger audiences, and that their consumerist natures would make them want to buy it.

It’s sad for sure. This is why I don’t like the comparison that happens on social media — it drives people to do unhealthy things. Pre-teens (and even teens, and probably most adults too) do not need to be using beauty products. There is no need to shower yourself in chemicals to improve your physical appearance. It’s an artificially created standard that is rigidly enforced for the sake of profit.
NS stats are (mostly) canon. A thriving capitalist military autocracy ruled by the bourgeoisie— its a communist’s worst nightmare.
Pronouns: He / Him
Place of Resident: The United States
Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
Political Views: Democratic Socialism
Kostane

Do you like war? I liked war once. Join my war!
Vote Ineva for best NSPlayer April 2024

User avatar
The second Akane Kurokawa
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Nov 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The second Akane Kurokawa » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 pm

Keep the based opinions coming! Love it!
Kostane wrote:It’s an inevitable consequence of the unending consumerism in society that results in constant comparison. Social media is based on comparison, with influencers the one who compare better, and therefore it was inevitable that it would be linked to the beauty industry. As younger people become more internet fluent, it is also inevitable that beauty products reach younger audiences, and that their consumerist natures would make them want to buy it.

It’s sad for sure. This is why I don’t like the comparison that happens on social media — it drives people to do unhealthy things. Pre-teens (and even teens, and probably most adults too) do not need to be using beauty products. There is no need to shower yourself in chemicals to improve your physical appearance. It’s an artificially created standard that is rigidly enforced for the sake of profit.

This is what I was thinking, but I was very tired at the time of writing the OP

User avatar
Daytshland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Sep 27, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daytshland » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 pm

found a girl In NS

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 36897
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:47 am

Daytshland wrote:found a girl In NS

There are many.
The moderation team has a number of them.

User avatar
-Abrahamia-
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 25, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby -Abrahamia- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:01 pm

I think it’s sad, honestly. Sad that their parents do not care. 10 year old girls do not need anti-aging creams or beauty trends. Most are not even going through puberty yet, let alone to already have this awareness about their appearance. I honestly think the vast majority of these beauty trends are toxic and unnecessary, or those ridiculous 10-step skincare products (on already flawless skin)! And don’t even get me started on the amount of MAKEUP (cat eyes and red lipstick) I see girls as young as 12 with their crop tops and micro skirts. This is unnecessary and stems from social media and peer pressure (peer pressure does not have to be a direct, “you are so uncool” it’s more like unconsciously being influenced).

User avatar
Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 479
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:50 pm

-Abrahamia- wrote:I think it’s sad, honestly. Sad that their parents do not care. 10 year old girls do not need anti-aging creams or beauty trends. Most are not even going through puberty yet, let alone to already have this awareness about their appearance. I honestly think the vast majority of these beauty trends are toxic and unnecessary, or those ridiculous 10-step skincare products (on already flawless skin)! And don’t even get me started on the amount of MAKEUP (cat eyes and red lipstick) I see girls as young as 12 with their crop tops and micro skirts. This is unnecessary and stems from social media and peer pressure (peer pressure does not have to be a direct, “you are so uncool” it’s more like unconsciously being influenced).

The parents know. In fact, the parents care quite a bit too. Some, ironically, have made tiktoks showing off the children’s Christmas wish lists with things like genuine Uggs and $500 make up palettes. They just have no idea what to do. It’s kind of baffling these kids need to be talked down from this by all accounts stupid ledge. I (don’t really) hate to be the boomer in the room, but this is exactly what people like me feared would happen. As far as I can tell, this is one facet of a greater issue with allowing children on the internet.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancientania, Deblar, Ifreann, Maximum Imperium Rex, Monolithum, Pale Dawn, Plan Neonie, Port Carverton, Shrillland, Simonia, Tungstan, Vikanias

Advertisement

Remove ads