NATION

PASSWORD

Of Wolves and Vixens [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Arakhkhar
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2024
Iron Fist Consumerists

Of Wolves and Vixens [Closed]

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:53 pm

This is a private RP between me (Arakhkhar) and (Volkovograd) regarding the negotiations for a military and economic alliance between our respective nations, and the mishaps involved with the two different societies. Feel free to read along.

Novalira International Airport, Novalira, Principality of Arakhkhar, February 12th, 2024

A private Lockheed jet touches down in the airport. The symbol of the Volkovogradian Kingdom graces its wing, seeming out of place among the numerous jets constructed of black metal. In its wake, a host of Imperial ceremonial guards, the Solkrieli Praetorians, make their way to the terminal built for receiving VIPs. It was not often that Arakhkhar had been visited by a foreign Prince, and the Vicereine Se'vana wanted to make a good first impression. Praetorians, in their armor overlaid with rich royal purple robes, and adorned with silver befitting their status. With them, they carried twin-edged electric-shock staffs - the ceremonial weapon of the Arakhkhar's ruling class. With them, a full entourage arrived - the Vicereine Se'vana, daughter of Vika herself, in all of her regal silken robes held in place with a silver pin encrusted with a large amethyst crystal, as well as the Intendant of International Affairs, Karina, daughter of Ondery, in similar fashion of the Arakhkharan elite. 6 Slave girls - a hallmark of status and wealth in society - adorned with gilded silken outfits, trained to perfection, moved with ethereal grace in front of and behind the distinguished Arakhkharan delegation.

And with all this display, they were greeted with the Volkovogradian delegation. A display of immaculate suits, overlaid with animal pelts of leopards, lions, panthers, wolves - that is what defined the garb of the Volkovogradians, with their strange mix of rich tastes and a culture revolving around the hunt.

Among them stood Vasily Volkov - prince of the Kingdom of Volkovograd, a full-blooded hunter through and through. With him, a delegation of ambassadors, lower nobility, guards in ceremonial dress approached, as the two delegations met on the tarmac, as they stepped onto carpet.

The slave girls now withdrew to the sides, as the Praetorians now bowed, and the slaves knelt - so did the Intendant bow, showing deference unto the Vicereine. All among the Arakhkharan delegation had displayed their deference in some manner to the Vicereine - it was a critical part of their culture to show respect to one's betters.

One of the slaves, the favorite of the Vicereine, now rose as she was bidden to do, displaying a polite curtsy before the Volkovogradian prince.
"It is my finest honor to introduce your grace to her most eminent majesty, Duchess of Novalira, appointed Vicereine of the Arakhkharan people, servant of the Empress of our kind, and the woman whom I most faithfully serve - the lady Se'vana, Daughter of Vika. Long may she reign."
She withdraws, and returns to her kneeling. Another slave girl rises.
"And it is my due honor to introduce his majesty, Prince Vasily Volkov to her eminent servant, the adept Baroness of Imperarakh, servant of the Vicereine and unto the Empress, and appointed Intendant of International Affairs of the Principality of Arakhkhar, the lady Karina, Daughter of Ondery."
She, in turn, returns to her kneeling position.
The Vicereine speaks.
"All may rise. Come - walk with us, Lord Volkov. There is much we should discuss."

Volkovograd
Attaché

Founded: Dec 21, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:09 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
This is a private RP between me (Arakhkhar) and (Volkovograd) regarding the negotiations for a military and economic alliance between our respective nations, and the mishaps involved with the two different societies. Feel free to read along.

(Image)
Novalira International Airport, Novalira, Principality of Arakhkhar, February 12th, 2024

A private Lockheed jet touches down in the airport. The symbol of the Volkovogradian Kingdom graces its wing, seeming out of place among the numerous jets constructed of black metal. In its wake, a host of Imperial ceremonial guards, the Solkrieli Praetorians, make their way to the terminal built for receiving VIPs. It was not often that Arakhkhar had been visited by a foreign Prince, and the Vicereine Se'vana wanted to make a good first impression. Praetorians, in their armor overlaid with rich royal purple robes, and adorned with silver befitting their status. With them, they carried twin-edged electric-shock staffs - the ceremonial weapon of the Arakhkhar's ruling class. With them, a full entourage arrived - the Vicereine Se'vana, daughter of Vika herself, in all of her regal silken robes held in place with a silver pin encrusted with a large amethyst crystal, as well as the Intendant of International Affairs, Karina, daughter of Ondery, in similar fashion of the Arakhkharan elite. 6 Slave girls - a hallmark of status and wealth in society - adorned with gilded silken outfits, trained to perfection, moved with ethereal grace in front of and behind the distinguished Arakhkharan delegation.

And with all this display, they were greeted with the Volkovogradian delegation. A display of immaculate suits, overlaid with animal pelts of leopards, lions, panthers, wolves - that is what defined the garb of the Volkovogradians, with their strange mix of rich tastes and a culture revolving around the hunt.

Among them stood Vasily Volkov - prince of the Kingdom of Volkovograd, a full-blooded hunter through and through. With him, a delegation of ambassadors, lower nobility, guards in ceremonial dress approached, as the two delegations met on the tarmac, as they stepped onto carpet.

The slave girls now withdrew to the sides, as the Praetorians now bowed, and the slaves knelt - so did the Intendant bow, showing deference unto the Vicereine. All among the Arakhkharan delegation had displayed their deference in some manner to the Vicereine - it was a critical part of their culture to show respect to one's betters.

One of the slaves, the favorite of the Vicereine, now rose as she was bidden to do, displaying a polite curtsy before the Volkovogradian prince.
"It is my finest honor to introduce your grace to her most eminent majesty, Duchess of Novalira, appointed Vicereine of the Arakhkharan people, servant of the Empress of our kind, and the woman whom I most faithfully serve - the lady Se'vana, Daughter of Vika. Long may she reign."
"And it is my due honor to introduce his majesty, Prince Vasily Volkov to her eminent servant, the adept Baroness of Imperarakh, servant of the Vicereine and unto the Empress, and appointed Intendant of International Affairs of the Principality of Arakhkhar, the lady Karina, Daughter of Ondery."
The Vicereine speaks.
"All may rise. Come - walk with us, Lord Volkov. There is much we should discuss."

Vasily nodded and smiled, and began following the Vicereine. His Armani suit was accessorized with a lion dueling cape draped over one shoulder. His hair was greying, but he was still in shape and his eyes remained sharp as he studied the Arkhkharan palace. Behind, his guards were an eclectic sort. His own personal retinue, there were Volkovogradian giants in bear fur cloaks over spec ops gear, sicarios with gilded guns and tattooed bodies, and directly behind him was his apprentice and nephew, Dmitri Volkov. The young man had the skin of a wolf draped over his suit, and a nasty clawed scar marred his face. Vasily smiled, pointedly ignoring the slaves. After all, the Volkov Brood was hardly clean. “Thank you for the rich welcome.” Vasily says finally, his voice appreciative. “One of the privileges of being a part of the Volkov Brood is getting to travel to rich and varied places such as this. It is crucial, actually, to our culture to do so. How else will you earn your blood brothers and retinue? Anyways, I don’t mean to bore you with our little islands culture. Shall we get to business?”

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:23 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:One of the slaves, the favorite of the Vicereine, now rose as she was bidden to do, displaying a polite curtsy before the Volkovogradian prince.
The Vicereine speaks.

Vasily nodded and smiled, and began following the Vicereine. His Armani suit was accessorized with a lion dueling cape draped over one shoulder. His hair was greying, but he was still in shape and his eyes remained sharp as he studied the Arkhkharan palace. Behind, his guards were an eclectic sort. His own personal retinue, there were Volkovogradian giants in bear fur cloaks over spec ops gear, sicarios with gilded guns and tattooed bodies, and directly behind him was his apprentice and nephew, Dmitri Volkov. The young man had the skin of a wolf draped over his suit, and a nasty clawed scar marred his face. Vasily smiled, pointedly ignoring the slaves. After all, the Volkov Brood was hardly clean. “Thank you for the rich welcome.” Vasily says finally, his voice appreciative. “One of the privileges of being a part of the Volkov Brood is getting to travel to rich and varied places such as this. It is crucial, actually, to our culture to do so. How else will you earn your blood brothers and retinue? Anyways, I don’t mean to bore you with our little islands culture. Shall we get to business?”

Se'vana speaks candidly.
"Indeed. We should. We will travel to the Palace of the Conquerors. I believe you shall find it well suited to this summit ahead of us."
Two limousines - each designed by Arakhkhar's finest corporation, aDB, with small flags of both states embedded in them respectively. The long, slender black limousines contain within quite impressive luxury, as befitting all cars designed for the affairs of state.
"You have come a great distance, and on quite short notice. This is a matter that, I believe you will find, that we hold of great importance."
A servant opens the limousine door for the estranged Russian prince and his entourage.
"Please."
The convoy is flanked by 6 Armored cars, of the IAC AIM-90 model - the Praetorians enter each armored car.

The insides of each car are quite luxurious - leather seating, a mounted television, an ice cooler filled with fine wines. Silk draped the windows, creating a comfortable atmosphere within.

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:30 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

Se'vana speaks candidly.
"Indeed. We should. We will travel to the Palace of the Conquerors. I believe you shall find it well suited to this summit ahead of us."
Two limousines - each designed by Arakhkhar's finest corporation, aDB, with small flags of both states embedded in them respectively. The long, slender black limousines contain within quite impressive luxury, as befitting all cars designed for the affairs of state.
"You have come a great distance, and on quite short notice. This is a matter that, I believe you will find, that we hold of great importance."
A servant opens the limousine door for the estranged Russian prince and his entourage.
"Please."
The convoy is flanked by 6 Armored cars, of the IAC AIM-90 model - the Praetorians enter each armored car.

The insides of each car are quite luxurious - leather seating, a mounted television, an ice cooler filled with fine wines. Silk draped the windows, creating a comfortable atmosphere within.

The entourage, led by Vasily enters the car and settles into the luxurious interior. Dmitri reaches for a wine bottle, but Vasily grabs it out of his hand and hands it to one of the Sicarios with a hard look towards him. “Remember, never drink anything you haven’t verified.” He says sternly. “Da, Uncle.” Dmitri says, slightly annoyed as the Sicario begins drinking the bottle. “So, I am sure this can be a mutually beneficial to both our countries.” Vasily says to the Viceriene. “And this will be good for my Apprentice to see the state side of being a Volkov.” Dmitri nods obediently. “Da, it is my honor to be here.”

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:51 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:Se'vana speaks candidly.
"Please."

The entourage, led by Vasily enters the car and settles into the luxurious interior. Dmitri reaches for a wine bottle, but Vasily grabs it out of his hand and hands it to one of the Sicarios with a hard look towards him. “Remember, never drink anything you haven’t verified.” He says sternly. “Da, Uncle.” Dmitri says, slightly annoyed as the Sicario begins drinking the bottle. “So, I am sure this can be a mutually beneficial to both our countries.” Vasily says to the Vicereine. “And this will be good for my Apprentice to see the state side of being a Volkov.” Dmitri nods obediently. “Da, it is my honor to be here.”

"Your nephew shows you great obedience. It is a good sign - submission to ones betters is a major part of our culture. But as you have said yourself, intercultural exchange is not our goal. And, may I add, your paranoia befits someone in the ISI. A healthy trait, may I add- but unwarranted, here. Novalira is among the safest cities in the world, due to the protections of the ISI, and my good friend, the Intendant of Compliance, who is not currently present."
She sips from a glass of red-wine decadently. Gothic architecture, towering into the sky with might, exuding power through their image, passes in the window. Pine trees and sprawling forest are seen dotting the lower elevations white-capped mountains in the distance.
"So tell me, Lord Volkov. What do you think of Novalira? I understand it's rather... different, than your homeland."

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:59 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:
The entourage, led by Vasily enters the car and settles into the luxurious interior. Dmitri reaches for a wine bottle, but Vasily grabs it out of his hand and hands it to one of the Sicarios with a hard look towards him. “Remember, never drink anything you haven’t verified.” He says sternly. “Da, Uncle.” Dmitri says, slightly annoyed as the Sicario begins drinking the bottle. “So, I am sure this can be a mutually beneficial to both our countries.” Vasily says to the Vicereine. “And this will be good for my Apprentice to see the state side of being a Volkov.” Dmitri nods obediently. “Da, it is my honor to be here.”

"Your nephew shows you great obedience. It is a good sign - submission to ones betters is a major part of our culture. But as you have said yourself, intercultural exchange is not our goal. And, may I add, your paranoia befits someone in the ISI. A healthy trait, may I add- but unwarranted, here. Novalira is among the safest cities in the world, due to the protections of the ISI, and my good friend, the Intendant of Compliance, who is not currently present."
She sips from a glass of red-wine decadently. Gothic architecture, towering into the sky with might, exuding power through their image, passes in the window. Pine trees and sprawling forest are seen dotting the lower elevations white-capped mountains in the distance.
"So tell me, Lord Volkov. What do you think of Novalira? I understand it's rather... different, than your homeland."

“I am training him to be a Hunter. Paranoia and being aware of one’s surroundings is crucial.” Vasily says. “One day, when he is older I have no doubt he will surpass me. Still, we aren’t there yet.” He says, and looks out the window to the he city. “Reminds me of Petrograd. And it isn’t so different.” He says. “At least, the City of Volkovograd is just that, a city. Once you get out into the country, well, we call it the Gambit it for a reason. Hundreds of bickering factions and houses. Manors, coca fields, hunting reserves. It is excellent. And the forests are most likely good for hunting, presuming they weren’t planned and decorative.”

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:09 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:

“I am training him to be a Hunter. Paranoia and being aware of one’s surroundings is crucial.” Vasily says. “One day, when he is older I have no doubt he will surpass me. Still, we aren’t there yet.” He says, and looks out the window to the he city. “Reminds me of Petrograd. And it isn’t so different.” He says. “At least, the City of Volkovograd is just that, a city. Once you get out into the country, well, we call it the Gambit it for a reason. Hundreds of bickering factions and houses. Manors, coca fields, hunting reserves. It is excellent. And the forests are most likely good for hunting, presuming they weren’t planned and decorative.”

"Hmm." She muttered.
"We do have quite the expansive countryside - private domains of our nobles, you see, with plenty of serfs to work under them. Ah - you should see their estates. Such grandeur. Still - I cannot, for the life of me, understand how a society functions without central order. Perhaps that has simply been my experience as the Vicereine of a newly conquered colony-state, but alas."
"And, are your forests open? My eldest daughter has been known to hunt on occasion. I'm sure you would love swapping stories, someday."

"And what is your impression, young Dimiti?"

The cars pull into a more expressly palatine district - noble estates of several acres, tended to by plenty of servants both native and otherwise - luxurious buildings.
"We draw near to our destination, Lord Volkov."

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

"Hmm." She muttered.
"We do have quite the expansive countryside - private domains of our nobles, you see, with plenty of serfs to work under them. Ah - you should see their estates. Such grandeur. Still - I cannot, for the life of me, understand how a society functions without central order. Perhaps that has simply been my experience as the Vicereine of a newly conquered colony-state, but alas."
"And, are your forests open? My eldest daughter has been known to hunt on occasion. I'm sure you would love swapping stories, someday."

The cars pull into a more expressly palatine district - noble estates of several acres, tended to by plenty of servants both native and otherwise - luxurious buildings.

“It’s simple, really. The Volkov Brood is smarter, bigger, and richer than anyone else in Volkovograd. That’s how we stay in charge. And besides, there is some order. Taxes, and the like. It’s very feudal, although some of the noble houses happen to be cartels and biker gangs.” Vasily shrugs. “Luckily, none of them are worth a blooded Volkov on a good day, and there are plenty of Volkovs.” He says, smiling. “Yes, our forests are open. Stocked with exotic beasts and crazy people. As long as she knows how to fight, it should be fun for her.”

Dmitri seems to think on the question. “The skyscrapers could be used as a vantage point for snipers, on one of the medium floors. The forests and mountains would cover one’s escape as they use explosives to draw attention away from themselves.” He says thoughtfully. “Although the local authorities would complicate matters, which means one would have to be smart about it.” He finishes.

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
"Hmm." She muttered.

“It’s simple, really. The Volkov Brood is smarter, bigger, and richer than anyone else in Volkovograd. That’s how we stay in charge. And besides, there is some order. Taxes, and the like. It’s very feudal, although some of the noble houses happen to be cartels and biker gangs.” Vasily shrugs. “Luckily, none of them are worth a blooded Volkov on a good day, and there are plenty of Volkovs.” He says, smiling. “Yes, our forests are open. Stocked with exotic beasts and crazy people. As long as she knows how to fight, it should be fun for her.”

Dmitri seems to think on the question. “The skyscrapers could be used as a vantage point for snipers, on one of the medium floors. The forests and mountains would cover one’s escape as they use explosives to draw attention away from themselves.” He says thoughtfully. “Although the local authorities would complicate matters, which means one would have to be smart about it.” He finishes.

"Oh?"
She coos.
"Is that your intention coming here, hmmm?"
She chuckles, somewhat sadistically.
"Ah, no matter. The folly of the youth... or perhaps of a capable soldier."
The limousine pulls into the Palace of the Conquerors - the prime location for receiving foreign dignitaries. Praetorians have already lined up, to guard the entourage as they make their entry inside.

The group walks inside, Praetorians marching in step as if clockwork.
"Although it may seem ancient, all of this was constructed in 2 years - the native Arakhkhari people were not nearly as.. productive... as we are. In many ways, our coming improved their lives."
"In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

This message has been communicated by the Department of International Affairs External Outreach Division
Serving the Principality of Arakhkhar, the Vicereine, and the Lirvittian Empress, since 1534 AA
Wherever applicable, factbooks/dispatches take precedence over stats for RP.

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

"Oh?"
She coos.
The limousine pulls into the Palace of the Conquerors - the prime location for receiving foreign dignitaries. Praetorians have already lined up, to guard the entourage as they make their entry inside.

"Although it may seem ancient, all of this was constructed in 2 years - the native Arakhkhari people were not nearly as.. productive... as we are. In many ways, our coming improved their lives."

“I am merely a pragmatist. I have no intention of offense.” Dmitri says mildly. Vasily chuckles. “Apologies, we haven’t yet gotten to the social tact part of his apprenticeship. We have just gotten back from South Africa, specifically a backwater tragedy everyone ignored on the news.” He says as they exit the vehicle. “Impressive palace.” He says, as if he had been to a few. And he likely had.

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:39 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:
"Oh?"
She coos.

“I am merely a pragmatist. I have no intention of offense.” Dmitri says mildly. Vasily chuckles. “Apologies, we haven’t yet gotten to the social tact part of his apprenticeship. We have just gotten back from South Africa, specifically a backwater tragedy everyone ignored on the news.” He says as they exit the vehicle. “Impressive palace.” He says, as if he had been to a few. And he likely had.

"Your apology is accepted, Lord Volkov - and I do understand how we may sometimes seem, especially after being long on campaign."
"And, young Dimitri - I do approve of your stance in such matters. Pragmatism is the soul of diplomacy. Now - normally, I would have my governess give you a tour of the estate, but you strike me as individuals inclined more towards... business first. As such, the conference hall shall suffice."

"We shall take opposite ends of the hall for these proceedings."
"In a civilized society, there are always people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."

This message has been communicated by the Department of International Affairs External Outreach Division
Serving the Principality of Arakhkhar, the Vicereine, and the Lirvittian Empress, since 1534 AA

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

"Your apology is accepted, Lord Volkov - and I do understand how we may sometimes seem, especially after being long on campaign."
"And, young Dimitri - I do approve of your stance in such matters. Pragmatism is the soul of diplomacy. Now - normally, I would have my governess give you a tour of the estate, but you strike me as individuals inclined more towards... business first. As such, the conference hall shall suffice."

“Of course.” Vasily says and takes his seat. Dmitri sits down as well, besides him. “So, what can old Vasily do for our Arakhkharian friends today.” He says cheerfully. It was a quirk that most of the Volkovs were either chronically depressed or very cheerful.

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:54 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:

“Of course.” Vasily says and takes his seat. Dmitri sits down as well, besides him. “So, what can old Vasily do for our Arakhkharian friends today.” He says cheerfully. It was a quirk that most of the Volkovs were either chronically depressed or very cheerful.

"I will use one of the expressions that you people are so fond of - let us cut to the chase."
"In your prior communiques, you had mentioned... immigrant laborers, and service fees for their travel. We both know this is a euphemism, but for your sake, we shall let it remain. You may coordinate with the Ministry of Labor and the good Intendant Karina on that matter. Now - the second matter. A formal military alliance between our two realms - to take the form of mutual defense, non-aggression, and coordination on wars fought for self-interest."
"This would be coordinated through the establishment of embassies - an Arakhkharan enclave in Volkovograd, and we shall permit the construction of an enclave here, in our embassy district."
"The ISI has also forwarded a request to me, personally - the hiring of Volkovogradian 'security specialists' to fill out the ranks of a new organization they're setting up, to take the form of a private company."
"That is what we ask for, in short. Now - a meeting is met through the actions of two parties, and I suspect you have motives of your own for coming here. State them."

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:00 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

"I will use one of the expressions that you people are so fond of - let us cut to the chase."
"In your prior communiques, you had mentioned... immigrant laborers, and service fees for their travel. We both know this is a euphemism, but for your sake, we shall let it remain. You may coordinate with the Ministry of Labor and the good Intendant Karina on that matter. Now - the second matter. A formal military alliance between our two realms - to take the form of mutual defense, non-aggression, and coordination on wars fought for self-interest."
"This would be coordinated through the establishment of embassies - an Arakhkharan enclave in Volkovograd, and we shall permit the construction of an enclave here, in our embassy district."
"The ISI has also forwarded a request to me, personally - the hiring of Volkovogradian 'security specialists' to fill out the ranks of a new organization they're setting up, to take the form of a private company."
"That is what we ask for, in short. Now - a meeting is met through the actions of two parties, and I suspect you have motives of your own for coming here. State them."

“It isn’t a euphemism, actually.” Vasily says genially. “They are freed and get to become sharecroppers.” He says, shrugging. “We agree to a military alliance. While we may be the masters of the land, our naval prowess could be worked upon. Given your navy, it is a logical choice. As for the security specialists, while I cannot guarantee anything, I can forward it to my vast, vast family. I am sure several of them would love to participate it in it. Anyways, for our motives. We have several goods of our own we would like to sell. Organs, and… agricultural products. We can also provide our excellent ‘transport’ services.”

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:"I will use one of the expressions that you people are so fond of - let us cut to the chase."

“It isn’t a euphemism, actually.” Vasily says genially. “They are freed and get to become sharecroppers.” He says, shrugging. “We agree to a military alliance. While we may be the masters of the land, our naval prowess could be worked upon. Given your navy, it is a logical choice. As for the security specialists, while I cannot guarantee anything, I can forward it to my vast, vast family. I am sure several of them would love to participate it in it. Anyways, for our motives. We have several goods of our own we would like to sell. Organs, and… agricultural products. We can also provide our excellent ‘transport’ services.”

"Excellent. And although I disapprove of the practice of emancipation, that works all the same."
"I must note, however, that your sort of agricultural products are forbidden in our country - usually with those who attempt to 'disappearing.'"
"But organs - they would provide an excellent improvement to our healthcare system. So many poor people in need of donors, and so few transplants... as for 'transport' services - that would be quite helpful. The ISI in particular would be keen customers. I trust you have been briefed on the situation in Xofraustan?"
Last edited by Arakhkhar on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:08 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

"Excellent. And although I disapprove of the practice of emancipation, that works all the same."
"I must note, however, that your sort of agricultural products are forbidden in our country - usually with those who attempt to 'disappearing.'"
"But organs - they would provide an excellent improvement to our healthcare system. So many poor people in need of donors, and so few transplants... as for 'transport' services - that would be quite helpful. The ISI in particular would be keen customers. I trust you have been briefed on the situation in Xofraustan?"

“Excellent, excellent. As for Xofrauten…” he chuckles. “I have another nephew there. Apparently raring to bag a white tiger.”

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:27 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Arakhkhar wrote:

“Excellent, excellent. As for Xofrautan…” he chuckles. “I have another nephew there. Apparently raring to bag a white tiger.”

"I need not say more as per Xofrautan - only that I would you like you to discuss things with your 'transport specialists.' Don't worry, the ISI will talk to them about what they should do. The presence of your nephew should... expedite... matters."
"So, the good Intendant Karina has started drawing up a treaty."
Arakhkharan-Volkovogradian Treaty of Mutual Assistance and Cooperation
We, the Principality of Arakhkhar, and the Kingdom of Volkovograd, hold that it is within the best interest of both realms to engage in cooperation in the military, social, and economic spheres. It is our sincere hope that this treaty shall grant prosperity unto our respective realms, and that it would foster closer cooperation, from which we can both only benefit.

1. The Principality of Arakhkhar pledges its armed forces to defend the Kingdom of Volkovograd, and the Kingdom of Volkovograd pledges its armed forces to the defense of the Principality of Arakhkhar.
  2. That the combined arms forces of both respective nations will engage in military cooperation, in such fields as humanitarian aid, interventions, and other wars befitting the necessities of either party, at the discretion of the respective government.
  3. That an Arakhkharan enclave is to be constructed and maintained by the Department of International Affairs within the Kingdom of Volkovograd, and that in turn, an enclave of the Volkov family and its servants and subjects is to be constructed within the embassy district of the city of Novalira.
  4. That to promote mutual prosperity, measures shall be taken on behalf of the ministry of Labor to ensure the equitable and efficient sale of products.
  5. That to encourage free trade, all tariffs between our nations shall be limited to no greater than 1% of the value on any chosen individual good.
  6. That the Ministry of Societal-Well Being shall, in full rights, conduct economic cooperation in matters concerning healthcare.
  7. That the Principality of Arakhkhar and the Kingdom of Volkovograd agree to non-aggression between our two realms, that neither party may engage in hostile acts against the other, overtly or covertly.
  8. That the Principality of Arakhkhar and the Kingdom of Volkovograd agree to a treaty of extradition, wherein which any subject of such nation guilty of a crime in one of the respective realms may be extradited to the other for trial/punishment.
  9. That the Kingdom of Volkovograd would agree to host a small detachment of the ISI, to conduct routine security work in protection of the aforementioned enclave.
  10. That further matters of cooperation can be conducted through our mutual enclaves.

Signed

"The wording may change, as time goes on. This is by no means final."
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Fixing misnested tags.

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:33 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:
“Excellent, excellent. As for Xofrautan…” he chuckles. “I have another nephew there. Apparently raring to bag a white tiger.”

"I need not say more as per Xofrautan - only that I would you like you to discuss things with your 'transport specialists.' Don't worry, the ISI will talk to them about what they should do. The presence of your nephew should... expedite... matters."
"So, the good Intendant Karina has started drawing up a treaty."
We, the Principality of Arakhkhar, and the Kingdom of Volkovograd, hold that it is within the best interest of both realms to engage in cooperation in the military, social, and economic spheres. It is our sincere hope that this treaty shall grant prosperity unto our respective realms, and that it would foster closer cooperation, from which we can both only benefit.

1. The Principality of Arakhkhar pledges its armed forces to defend the Kingdom of Volkovograd, and the Kingdom of Volkovograd pledges its armed forces to the defense of the Principality of Arakhkhar.
  2. That the combined arms forces of both respective nations will engage in military cooperation, in such fields as humanitarian aid, interventions, and other wars befitting the necessities of either party, at the discretion of the respective government.
  3. That an Arakhkharan enclave is to be constructed and maintained by the Department of International Affairs within the Kingdom of Volkovograd, and that in turn, an enclave of the Volkov family and its servants and subjects is to be constructed within the embassy district of the city of Novalira.
  4. That to promote mutual prosperity, measures shall be taken on behalf of the ministry of Labor to ensure the equitable and efficient sale of products.
  5. That to encourage free trade, all tariffs between our nations shall be limited to no greater than 1% of the value on any chosen individual good.
  6. That the Ministry of Societal-Well Being shall, in full rights, conduct economic cooperation in matters concerning healthcare.
  7. That the Principality of Arakhkhar and the Kingdom of Volkovograd agree to non-aggression between our two realms, that neither party may engage in hostile acts against the other, overtly or covertly.
  8. That the Principality of Arakhkhar and the Kingdom of Volkovograd agree to a treaty of extradition, wherein which any subject of such nation guilty of a crime in one of the respective realms may be extradited to the other for trial/punishment.
  9. That the Kingdom of Volkovograd would agree to host a small detachment of the ISI, to conduct routine security work in protection of the aforementioned enclave.
  10. That further matters of cooperation can be conducted through our mutual enclaves.

Signed

“A minor quibble. We would like to also have our security forces in our enclave. It is only fair, given ISI would be in yours.”
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:42 pm

"Alright - here is the amended version."

10. That the Principality of Arakhkhar agrees to host a small detachment of Volkovogradian security personnel at the Volkovogradian enclave.
  11. That further matters of cooperation can be conducted through our mutual enclaves.

Signed
  1. Se'vana, daughter of Vika, Vicereine of the Principality of Arakhkhar
  2. Karina, daughter of Ondery, Intendant of International Affairs of the Principality of Arakhkhar

"Sign your name at the designated location, please. Lord Volkov in the #2 space."
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:"Alright - here is the amended version."

10. That the Principality of Arakhkhar agrees to host a small detachment of Volkovogradian security personnel at the Volkovogradian enclave.
  11. That further matters of cooperation can be conducted through our mutual enclaves.
(Image)

Signed
  1. Se'vana, daughter of Vika, Vicereine of the Principality of Arakhkhar
  2. Prince Vasily Volkov, Third of his name, Blooded of the Volkov Brood.
  3. Karina, daughter of Ondery, Intendant of International Affairs of the Principality of Arakhkhar

"Sign your name at the designated location, please. Lord Volkov in the #2 space."

“Done.” He says, signing
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arakhkhar
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Arakhkhar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 pm

Volkovograd wrote:“Done.” He says, signing

"It is done, then - I'll have copies sent to Volkovograd, and one posted to the Ministry of Information. We are now allies."
She bows her head slightly - enough to convey respect as an equal.
"Well - our servants in all their stations can attend to those details, such as establishing the enclaves, or the specifics of military cooperation. Now - I am a good host, and would be rather unkind if I did not offer you rooms to stay for the night. There are plenty of servants, at your leisure. I am also hosting a feast, later this evening. I do hope you will attend."

(ooc: can you make your post, and then we'll call it off for the night. It was fun :D)

Volkovograd
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 pm

Arakhkhar wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:“Done.” He says, signing

"It is done, then - I'll have copies sent to Volkovograd, and one posted to the Ministry of Information. We are now allies."
She bows her head slightly - enough to convey respect as an equal.
"Well - our servants in all their stations can attend to those details, such as establishing the enclaves, or the specifics of military cooperation. Now - I am a good host, and would be rather unkind if I did not offer you rooms to stay for the night. There are plenty of servants, at your leisure. I am also hosting a feast, later this evening. I do hope you will attend."

(ooc: can you make your post, and then we'll call it off for the night. It was fun :D)

“Of course we will.” Vasily says diplomatically. Dmitri nods, as if he understood this. “Guest rights are very important. They are the sign of a civilized people.” He observes, his scar highlighting his observant eyes. Vasily side eyes his nephew. “You are becoming quite the philosopher. As long as you don’t become like Alexander, it is alright.”

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates