NATION

PASSWORD

The School Punishment Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
The Union of Ventura
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Jan 26, 2024
Capitalist Paradise

The School Punishment Discussion Thread

Postby The Union of Ventura » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 pm

School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage (I was mad because I was playing basketball and they were messing around with me, and that guy who I pushed was making fun and mocking me, therefore I did so, for context regarding this). It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread. And besides detention, there are other ways that have been considered for discipline, for example flogging, OSS, ISS, etc.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044 OSRS (One Stop Rules Shop) will be in force for as long as the thread exists, to control and decrease rule-breaking behavior. We've already had one by Rep, don't make it 2.
Last edited by The Union of Ventura on Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE UNION OF VENTURA


Godular wrote:OOOOOOOOOH! Curry!

User avatar
Todestruppen
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Feb 06, 2024
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Todestruppen » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:19 pm

The Union of Ventura wrote:School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage. It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. I will quote the OSRS to decrease and control rule-breaking behavior in this thread shortly.


Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.
I'm one of the most hateful people you will ever meet!

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:11 pm

Zero tolerance is one of the worst things schools in America ever instituted. If someone attacks you and you fight them back, both of you get suspended. Why? Why is self defense something kids should be discouraged from doing? If someone hits you, you hit them back harder and you make sure they either can't or won't hit you back after that.

If I had a son and they called me in to the school to hand me my kid and tell me that he's being suspended for fighting a dude that tried to smear his face into the floor, I can't say I'd stop myself from telling the principal "It's a damn shame he's 10 years old and his balls are already bigger than yours." Then I'd probably take him out for ice cream or whatever he wants as a reward.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:12 pm

Todestruppen wrote:
The Union of Ventura wrote:School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage. It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. I will quote the OSRS to decrease and control rule-breaking behavior in this thread shortly.


Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.


Hitting kids doesn't make them behave. It teaches them that you can make people do what you want by kicking their ass if they don't

At best you've set them on a course for a deadly bar brawl at age 25. At worst, they might join the LAPD for a career.
Last edited by Bradfordville on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:18 pm

Todestruppen wrote:
The Union of Ventura wrote:School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage. It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. I will quote the OSRS to decrease and control rule-breaking behavior in this thread shortly.


Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.

Corporal punishment is barbaric, and doesn't treat the root of the issue. If anything it teaches that might makes right and if you can raise a fist hard and strong enough that alone is what makes you right.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

User avatar
Saarenmaa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1065
Founded: Sep 08, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Saarenmaa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:34 pm

Todestruppen wrote:
The Union of Ventura wrote:School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage. It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. I will quote the OSRS to decrease and control rule-breaking behavior in this thread shortly.


Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.


If students' performance is not monitored and strict requirements are not imposed on them, the quality of education may decrease to a minimum because no one will learn. However, monitoring must be done without violence. Teaching students to learn is a key factor in ensuring a high level of education. As for the issue of suspension, I don't know how exactly to interpret it as good or bad, but I can say for sure that as a tool it is used in many educational systems, because for any democratic state it is necessary to avoid discrimination and bullying of students in the first place. The issue of student suspensions is complex and needs careful consideration. This regulatory tool is used in many educational systems, which speaks to its effectiveness, because otherwise this type of activity would have been eliminated long ago. However, it is important to remember that any goal of a democratic state is to prevent discrimination and actual bullying of any citizen. As a parent, you would not want your child to be the victim of bullying by stronger but less intelligent students. The question is rhetorical.
The Republic Of Saarenmaa

A tiny developed unitary parliamentary republic, which is a social democratic legal and modern Scandinavian Saarenmaan-speaking country with English as the second official language, located in Northern Europe on an archipelago of 6000 islands at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia.


User avatar
Stella Nera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 598
Founded: Sep 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Stella Nera » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:36 pm

Todestruppen wrote:
The Union of Ventura wrote:School punishments have been a tradition for schools to mainly discipline children and to make sure children reflect on their actions while undergoing these punishments. However, many critics say that it is not an effective way to do so and that it will only accelerated negative behavior for children, also causing harm to child’s or teen’s feelings. The reason why I’m making this thread and why this is such an important issue is because I got 4 lunch detentions for pushing someone who has faced at best mild physical damage. It can be relatable for so many, who have had a consequence in the past when at school. I encourage people to use news sources regarding this, to be detailed to the best of their ability and have intelligent discussion between everyone here in this thread.


Of course, NS rules still apply here obviously. I will quote the OSRS to decrease and control rule-breaking behavior in this thread shortly.


Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.


Agree, they should be reserved, but hit hard when the situation merits it. So long as there are no permanent injuries, I can't say I'm against it if the person in question really deserved it. Bring back the cane and belt for extreme troublemakers! We must have discipline! A military like mindset is what we need!
Last edited by Stella Nera on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Ferra Suprema Reigns Supreme over the vast lands of Stella Nera
A land where humanity is king, above god and devil alike. A blissful Utopia for Humanity, a horrible Dystopia for sentient robots.

Robots shouldn't have rights or citizenship;
Compromise on other non-human sapient entities is possible, with limitations, but not on these buckets of bolts. They should serve humanity and have absolutely no place in society other than as our servants. Think of the benefits of this. Plus, they would almost certainly overtake humanity if we gave them the chance, whether out of pure advanced abilities or malice, or worse, both. Think of humanity.

Humanity First!

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 129028
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:38 pm

If they let your putting your hands on a kid slide, should they let his retaliation on you slide as sell?

What does it say to the kid you assaulted that your action is "let slide"
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 



http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:39 pm

Stella Nera wrote:
Todestruppen wrote:
Schools should let stuff slide alot but when it gets big, pull out the belt.


Agree, they should be reserved, but hit hard when the situation merits it. So long as there are no permanent injuries, I can't say I'm against it if the person in question really deserved it. Bring back the cane and belt for extreme troublemakers! We must have discipline! A military like mindset is what we need!

The conservative desire to inflict violence on children befuddles me. The only learned lesson is that you can control people by hitting them. The underlying issue is not solved, and may even create new ones. Modelling civilian life after the military is asking for kids growing up with stacks of unresolved traumas and issues that have no healthy outlet, and fester into mental illneses and other neuroses.
Last edited by Crysuko on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

User avatar
Katinea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 854
Founded: Jul 08, 2023
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Katinea » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:40 pm

We should just defund school. Most Teachers are Either Leftist or Rightist, and the Military and Police need more Funding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suveränt kungarike Katinska
A Democratic Constitutional Monarchy Located on a Peninusla in Northern Azean
Military●Overview●History●
RadioSlottsberget:Coast Guard OPV KKBS Befriare intercepts an East Rinaeran Spy Ship in the Sea of Rinya | Peace at Last: Rinaeran Civil War finally over, Democratic West Rinaera and Authoritarian East Rinaera Formed | Katinea in a state of War against Rinaera after Rinaeran-Backed Terror Attacks against Katinea | Royal Katinean Coast Guard unveils the State-Of-The-Art Protector-Class OPV | Katinea Annexes the Island of Pohnpei | Force of 5 KKS Ships, Including Kung Marcus, have been dispatched to Nankos to attempt to stop Rinaeran Weapons Testing | Royal Katinean Maritime Defence Force Retires the F-4K and Su-33 | The Aircraft Carrier HMKS Kung Marcus is Commissioned into the Maritime Defence Force

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Katinea wrote:We should just defund school. Most Teachers are Either Leftist or Rightist, and the Military and Police need more Funding.

Those insitutions have more funding than they know what to do with. Defund the police and military and funnel it into the eduction system.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

User avatar
Stella Nera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 598
Founded: Sep 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Stella Nera » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:43 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Stella Nera wrote:
Agree, they should be reserved, but hit hard when the situation merits it. So long as there are no permanent injuries, I can't say I'm against it if the person in question really deserved it. Bring back the cane and belt for extreme troublemakers! We must have discipline! A military like mindset is what we need!

The conservative desire to inflict violence on children befuddles me. The only learned lesson is that you can control people by hitting them. The underlying issue is not solved, and may even create new ones. Modelling civilian life after the military is asking for kids growing up with stacks of unresolved traumas and issues that have no healthy outlet, and fester into mental illneses and other neuroses.



Alright then, what solution are you suggesting?
Last edited by Stella Nera on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Ferra Suprema Reigns Supreme over the vast lands of Stella Nera
A land where humanity is king, above god and devil alike. A blissful Utopia for Humanity, a horrible Dystopia for sentient robots.

Robots shouldn't have rights or citizenship;
Compromise on other non-human sapient entities is possible, with limitations, but not on these buckets of bolts. They should serve humanity and have absolutely no place in society other than as our servants. Think of the benefits of this. Plus, they would almost certainly overtake humanity if we gave them the chance, whether out of pure advanced abilities or malice, or worse, both. Think of humanity.

Humanity First!

User avatar
Katinea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 854
Founded: Jul 08, 2023
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Katinea » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:44 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Katinea wrote:We should just defund school. Most Teachers are Either Leftist or Rightist, and the Military and Police need more Funding.

Those insitutions have more funding than they know what to do with. Defund the police and military and funnel it into the eduction system.

No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suveränt kungarike Katinska
A Democratic Constitutional Monarchy Located on a Peninusla in Northern Azean
Military●Overview●History●
RadioSlottsberget:Coast Guard OPV KKBS Befriare intercepts an East Rinaeran Spy Ship in the Sea of Rinya | Peace at Last: Rinaeran Civil War finally over, Democratic West Rinaera and Authoritarian East Rinaera Formed | Katinea in a state of War against Rinaera after Rinaeran-Backed Terror Attacks against Katinea | Royal Katinean Coast Guard unveils the State-Of-The-Art Protector-Class OPV | Katinea Annexes the Island of Pohnpei | Force of 5 KKS Ships, Including Kung Marcus, have been dispatched to Nankos to attempt to stop Rinaeran Weapons Testing | Royal Katinean Maritime Defence Force Retires the F-4K and Su-33 | The Aircraft Carrier HMKS Kung Marcus is Commissioned into the Maritime Defence Force

User avatar
Puppet 4 Sweden
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Oct 23, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Puppet 4 Sweden » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:45 pm

This thread already disgusts me, how can a human be so cruel as to wish to hit a child, who most of the time did not deserve punishment? If this is the case I’m sure you must agree with torture for a crime then. Absolutely barbaric.

User avatar
Puppet 4 Sweden
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Oct 23, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Puppet 4 Sweden » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:49 pm

Stella Nera wrote:
Crysuko wrote:The conservative desire to inflict violence on children befuddles me. The only learned lesson is that you can control people by hitting them. The underlying issue is not solved, and may even create new ones. Modelling civilian life after the military is asking for kids growing up with stacks of unresolved traumas and issues that have no healthy outlet, and fester into mental illneses and other neuroses.



Alright then, what solution are you suggesting?

An actual solution? You shouldn’t go around attacking people? Don’t you know how mental health works, you would literally be abusing a child and potentially give them mental trauma??? Instead, you should be teaching them right from wrong, and have less strict punishments, like detention, hence why it exists. You are sick if you think hitting a child is perfectly acceptable.

User avatar
Stella Nera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 598
Founded: Sep 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Stella Nera » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:49 pm

Katinea wrote:
Crysuko wrote:Those insitutions have more funding than they know what to do with. Defund the police and military and funnel it into the eduction system.

No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender


Woah there, we still need educated masses. Okay, you have a point on the environment, global warming is going to happen anyway so we either should adapt to it and ignore it. The poor animals can survive in the zoo. As for gender, I still think teaching kids about it is important, but should not take priority over academic subjects, and especially not take up several hours of weekly lesson time. You can teach that LGBTQ+ stuff without spending several hours several weeks doing it. However I definitely agree with your point that national security and defense is indeed important, as right now the world is slowly but continuously gravitating towards a third world war.
La Ferra Suprema Reigns Supreme over the vast lands of Stella Nera
A land where humanity is king, above god and devil alike. A blissful Utopia for Humanity, a horrible Dystopia for sentient robots.

Robots shouldn't have rights or citizenship;
Compromise on other non-human sapient entities is possible, with limitations, but not on these buckets of bolts. They should serve humanity and have absolutely no place in society other than as our servants. Think of the benefits of this. Plus, they would almost certainly overtake humanity if we gave them the chance, whether out of pure advanced abilities or malice, or worse, both. Think of humanity.

Humanity First!

User avatar
Stella Nera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 598
Founded: Sep 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Stella Nera » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm

Puppet 4 Sweden wrote:This thread already disgusts me, how can a human be so cruel as to wish to hit a child, who most of the time did not deserve punishment? If this is the case I’m sure you must agree with torture for a crime then. Absolutely barbaric.


If you were paying attention you would have read the part where it was advocated to restrain disciplinary practices except for severe offenders. Read the actual posts next time.
La Ferra Suprema Reigns Supreme over the vast lands of Stella Nera
A land where humanity is king, above god and devil alike. A blissful Utopia for Humanity, a horrible Dystopia for sentient robots.

Robots shouldn't have rights or citizenship;
Compromise on other non-human sapient entities is possible, with limitations, but not on these buckets of bolts. They should serve humanity and have absolutely no place in society other than as our servants. Think of the benefits of this. Plus, they would almost certainly overtake humanity if we gave them the chance, whether out of pure advanced abilities or malice, or worse, both. Think of humanity.

Humanity First!

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:52 pm

Katinea wrote:
Crysuko wrote:Those insitutions have more funding than they know what to do with. Defund the police and military and funnel it into the eduction system.

No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender

First of all, I am a card carrying socialist. Secondly, rude. Thirdly, "liberal fascist" wtf. Fourthly, those things are important because preservation of the environment we live in is crucial so we don't all freakin die, and helping people grasp gender issues so they can understand themselves and each other better is also worthwhile.

Stella Nera wrote:
Puppet 4 Sweden wrote:This thread already disgusts me, how can a human be so cruel as to wish to hit a child, who most of the time did not deserve punishment? If this is the case I’m sure you must agree with torture for a crime then. Absolutely barbaric.


If you were paying attention you would have read the part where it was advocated to restrain disciplinary practices except for severe offenders. Read the actual posts next time.

Get rid of it, no exceptions. There are far better solutions (like actually teaching right from wrong, detentions, etc.) that don't involve inflicting potentially permenent trauma, Roald Dahl wrote about this, he was beaten for trivial shit which he was only tangentally involved in, and it physically and mentally scarred him. No! A thousand times No!
Last edited by Crysuko on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

User avatar
Katinea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 854
Founded: Jul 08, 2023
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Katinea » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:54 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Katinea wrote:No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender

First of all, I am a card carrying socialist. Secondly, rude. Thirdly, "liberal fascist" wtf. Fourthly, those things are important because preservation of the environment we live in is crucial so we don't all freakin die, and helping people grasp gender issues so they can understand themselves and each other better is also worthwhile.

The "Government" is Too Woke. Ban woke and Conscript the whole population to kill Ruzzian and Icelandic Nazis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suveränt kungarike Katinska
A Democratic Constitutional Monarchy Located on a Peninusla in Northern Azean
Military●Overview●History●
RadioSlottsberget:Coast Guard OPV KKBS Befriare intercepts an East Rinaeran Spy Ship in the Sea of Rinya | Peace at Last: Rinaeran Civil War finally over, Democratic West Rinaera and Authoritarian East Rinaera Formed | Katinea in a state of War against Rinaera after Rinaeran-Backed Terror Attacks against Katinea | Royal Katinean Coast Guard unveils the State-Of-The-Art Protector-Class OPV | Katinea Annexes the Island of Pohnpei | Force of 5 KKS Ships, Including Kung Marcus, have been dispatched to Nankos to attempt to stop Rinaeran Weapons Testing | Royal Katinean Maritime Defence Force Retires the F-4K and Su-33 | The Aircraft Carrier HMKS Kung Marcus is Commissioned into the Maritime Defence Force

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:55 pm

Katinea wrote:
Crysuko wrote:First of all, I am a card carrying socialist. Secondly, rude. Thirdly, "liberal fascist" wtf. Fourthly, those things are important because preservation of the environment we live in is crucial so we don't all freakin die, and helping people grasp gender issues so they can understand themselves and each other better is also worthwhile.

The "Government" is Too Woke. Ban woke and Conscript the whole population to kill Ruzzian and Icelandic Nazis

"Woke" = things I don't like. Make an actual point.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

User avatar
Stella Nera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 598
Founded: Sep 05, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Stella Nera » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:55 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Katinea wrote:No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender

First of all, I am a card carrying socialist. Secondly, rude. Thirdly, "liberal fascist" wtf. Fourthly, those things are important because preservation of the environment we live in is crucial so we don't all freakin die, and helping people grasp gender issues so they can understand themselves and each other better is also worthwhile.


We aren't going to die because a few animals and plants go extinct in the wild. Humanity will have most definitely found a solution by the time it gets really bad. Yeah helping people grasp gender issues is important but like I said, it should not take you several weeks to explain this basic concept. Its not that hard to understand.
La Ferra Suprema Reigns Supreme over the vast lands of Stella Nera
A land where humanity is king, above god and devil alike. A blissful Utopia for Humanity, a horrible Dystopia for sentient robots.

Robots shouldn't have rights or citizenship;
Compromise on other non-human sapient entities is possible, with limitations, but not on these buckets of bolts. They should serve humanity and have absolutely no place in society other than as our servants. Think of the benefits of this. Plus, they would almost certainly overtake humanity if we gave them the chance, whether out of pure advanced abilities or malice, or worse, both. Think of humanity.

Humanity First!

User avatar
Katinea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 854
Founded: Jul 08, 2023
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Katinea » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Katinea wrote:The "Government" is Too Woke. Ban woke and Conscript the whole population to kill Ruzzian and Icelandic Nazis

"Woke" = things I don't like. Make an actual point.

"Woke" = Progressive National Socialist Disease
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suveränt kungarike Katinska
A Democratic Constitutional Monarchy Located on a Peninusla in Northern Azean
Military●Overview●History●
RadioSlottsberget:Coast Guard OPV KKBS Befriare intercepts an East Rinaeran Spy Ship in the Sea of Rinya | Peace at Last: Rinaeran Civil War finally over, Democratic West Rinaera and Authoritarian East Rinaera Formed | Katinea in a state of War against Rinaera after Rinaeran-Backed Terror Attacks against Katinea | Royal Katinean Coast Guard unveils the State-Of-The-Art Protector-Class OPV | Katinea Annexes the Island of Pohnpei | Force of 5 KKS Ships, Including Kung Marcus, have been dispatched to Nankos to attempt to stop Rinaeran Weapons Testing | Royal Katinean Maritime Defence Force Retires the F-4K and Su-33 | The Aircraft Carrier HMKS Kung Marcus is Commissioned into the Maritime Defence Force

User avatar
Saarenmaa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1065
Founded: Sep 08, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Saarenmaa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:57 pm

Katinea wrote:We should just defund school. Most Teachers are Either Leftist or Rightist, and the Military and Police need more Funding.


Let us draw an analogy with some African countries: they spend huge budgets on the army, but spend pennies on education. Ignoring or extremely low funding of education leads to illiteracy, the population and literally becomes incapable of intellectual labor, and intellectual labor and, in turn, develops and moves the country into the future.
Last edited by Saarenmaa on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic Of Saarenmaa

A tiny developed unitary parliamentary republic, which is a social democratic legal and modern Scandinavian Saarenmaan-speaking country with English as the second official language, located in Northern Europe on an archipelago of 6000 islands at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia.


User avatar
Puppet 4 Sweden
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Oct 23, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Puppet 4 Sweden » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:57 pm

Stella Nera wrote:
Katinea wrote:No, liberal. Why should child abuse be more omportant than the defence of the Nation, Liberal Fascist. Defund all useless things like school, Environment and gender


Woah there, we still need educated masses. Okay, you have a point on the environment, global warming is going to happen anyway so we either should adapt to it and ignore it. The poor animals can survive in the zoo. As for gender, I still think teaching kids about it is important, but should not take priority over academic subjects, and especially not take up several hours of weekly lesson time. You can teach that LGBTQ+ stuff without spending several hours several weeks doing it. However I definitely agree with your point that national security and defense is indeed important, as right now the world is slowly but continuously gravitating towards a third world war.

That’s not how the environment works. If we don’t conserve the planet, the world gets fucked up. If the world warms up, the ice melts, sea levels rise, coastal cities, where one third of the planet lives, will get flooded and all there will die, meanwhile natural disasters increase, and with increased cutting of trees we lose the thing that provides us oxygen, and without oxygen, we die.
Stella Nera wrote:
Puppet 4 Sweden wrote:This thread already disgusts me, how can a human be so cruel as to wish to hit a child, who most of the time did not deserve punishment? If this is the case I’m sure you must agree with torture for a crime then. Absolutely barbaric.


If you were paying attention you would have read the part where it was advocated to restrain disciplinary practices except for severe offenders. Read the actual posts next time.

What’s your point? You still want to harm children. That is not how you teach a kid to not do that. Instead you give them firm enough action so they know they shouldn’t do that or they get punished, eg they get to go to detention. You don’t go abusing them, because that turns them against the school and develops an anti school subculture.

User avatar
Crysuko
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7447
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:58 pm

Stella Nera wrote:
Crysuko wrote:First of all, I am a card carrying socialist. Secondly, rude. Thirdly, "liberal fascist" wtf. Fourthly, those things are important because preservation of the environment we live in is crucial so we don't all freakin die, and helping people grasp gender issues so they can understand themselves and each other better is also worthwhile.


We aren't going to die because a few animals and plants go extinct in the wild. Humanity will have most definitely found a solution by the time it gets really bad. Yeah helping people grasp gender issues is important but like I said, it should not take you several weeks to explain this basic concept. Its not that hard to understand.

That's how it starts. with ignorance and apathy. A few. Then a few more. Then us. The best cure is prevention. Also, gender can be quite a thorny issue which can be difficult to find one's place in. Empathy, understanding. Theses are what we need.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arctic Lands, Corporate Collective Salvation, Jerzylvania, Kubra, Neanderthaland, New Temecula, Phoeniae, Saarenmaa, Simonia, Tinhampton, Transitional Global Authority, Valyxias, Wisteria and Surrounding Territories

Advertisement

Remove ads