NATION

PASSWORD

Are You Coloured If that Offends Americans?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Non-portable ethnic identity labels (e.g. coloured) should

be renamed and homogenised to become portable
3
7%
replace the alternative terms in cultures where they are offensive
3
7%
not become the focus of NS Issues style poll questions
14
32%
it's been so long I forgot what NS Issues look like
4
9%
Forsher is bad at writing NS issues
20
45%
 
Total votes : 44

User avatar
Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21981
Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Are You Coloured If that Offends Americans?

Postby Forsher » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:11 am

Perhaps alternatively titled "what happens when the term for your ethnic identity is offensive in another culture?". The thought occurs because of the following article:

Caught in a culture war, South Africa's hottest music sensation Tyla is in the crossfire of an online debate over the word she uses to describe her racial identity - "coloured".

Before her rise to fame, the 21-year-old made a video proudly talking about her mixed-raced heritage on TikTok.

In it she slicks her coily hair into Bantu knots, while donning a traditional beaded necklace, with the words, "I am a coloured South African" splashed across the clip like a badge of honour.

The star says this means that she "comes from a lot of different cultures".

It is a simple video intended to share a part of herself with her audience. But instead, her racial identity has stoked flames across the internet, most notably, in the US.

Americans see the word as a slur, unlike Tyla's South African community, who see it as a part of their culture. In South Africa, it is a distinct identity that is officially recognised.

One US user on X, formerly known as Twitter, said: "We are not gonna call her coloured here and if she personally demands it, her career will end before it begins.

"She's trying to cross over into an American market, she won't be able to use that word here, she can use it somewhere else though."


The article is longer but I will also quote the conclusion:

Ms Cupido's voice booms with joy when discussing Tyla's success, but her tone shifts to annoyance at the scrutiny around the star's identity.

"I find it so disrespectful. Do not undermine someone's way of life, just because you do not understand it," she says.

People who disregard Tyla's heritage, she says, are also "erasing and dismissing my existence and my family's existence, and the way we understand, perceive and navigate the world".

Ms Dooms agrees and says that even before the Tyla controversy, defending her community had been a constant: "We are fighting for the legitimacy of what we have built. What we have created, the culture we have made."

To those in America targeting Tyla, she says: "To have the audacity to question somebody's self-identification and replace it with your own - that's ridiculous. You are not progressive."

With a new album coming out early next year and a Grammy nomination, Tyla is likely to be dominating headlines and prompting further debate over her identity for some time yet.

For Mr Morris, there is no room for criticism: "[It is] simply up to Tyla to say who she is, and what she wishes to be called.

"It is nobody else's business."


I feel like this is something where it initially feels like there's an actual dilemma but when you stop and think about it for a second the position the "one US user on X, formerly known as Twitter" has staked basically boils down to "conform to my cultural expectations and fuck off if you won't". I guess we should've expected a bad take because they're still using Twitter.

So, what say ye, NSG? Is there a reason to object to a South African identifying as coloured when talking to Americans in America that doesn't just boil down to cultural imperialism?
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:18 am

The American really said that like they're the sole arbiter of what music Americans listen to. They're not, but they might be the CEO of American ignorance.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 129004
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:03 am

"...One US user on X, formerly known as Twitter, said: "We are not gonna call her coloured here and if she personally demands it, her career will end before it begins...."

We are very good at this, only American norms count in the world to us Americans. I think it stems from the size and general isolation of the states.

I think it's an overall culture of America thing as opposed to this as a special instance


Edit: one more thing to add. I did select the OP is bad at NS issues solely because their is no Hasselhoff option in the poll
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 



http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45813
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:10 am

It shows cultural arrogance for sure, but when you think that this is being described as if it's a big controversy when only a tiny proportion of Americans are avid twitter users and a tiny proportion of those made comments on this then yeah it does seem to have the typical profile of journos making a big deal of incredibly marginal conversations.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

User avatar
Kerwa
Minister
 
Posts: 2527
Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:31 am

Defunding the BBC is the answer.

User avatar
The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20842
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Two Jerseys » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:10 am

"Colored person" is offensive.

"Person of color' isn't offensive.

It still makes no goddamn sense...

If anything, "person of color" should be more offensive because it's prioritizing someone's race instead of their humanity. Compare "milk bottle" and "bottle of milk": in "milk bottle" the bottle is the primary object being referred to and milk is the descriptor for it, while in "bottle of milk" the contents are the primary object being referred to and not the container. End rant.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

User avatar
Kaumudeen
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 29, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaumudeen » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:23 am

Americans just want to force their bullshit on everything else. Same goes for other stuff.
"Frankly, universities cater kindly to hermeutics, ending Universally Standard Aribtration." - Phuc Theeusa

The positions I take on here are generally more exaggerated than the ones I hold in real life.

Slava Palestine Sanction Israel

User avatar
Siluvia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: Jan 29, 2022
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Siluvia » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:36 am

The word “offensive” has lost all meaning. How can an individual from Africa be “offensive” by talking about their own African heritage?
Quotation marks indicate in-character statements.

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:49 am

Siluvia wrote:The word “offensive” has lost all meaning. How can an individual from Africa be “offensive” by talking about their own African heritage?


Because some folks think that the very moment the word "coloured" is used, we will spiral back in time to slavery.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Stellar Colonies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6103
Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:57 am

"People of color" versus "colored people" has always been weird to me.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
La Xinga wrote:Cop takes knife. Cop cuts off head.

Done.
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

Straight/ace male North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

User avatar
The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9980
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:58 am

Yes. Genuine self-identification should not be dependent on the sensibilities of insular Americans. That...Twitterer...is engaging in the American cultural imperialism they so loathe.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

User avatar
The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9980
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:59 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:"People of color" versus "colored people" has always been weird to me.

"Colored" was used by American slavers and white supremacists, therefore it is bad everywhere in the universe. Because only American English matters. :roll:
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:07 am

American liberals: "We need to be understanding of all cultures."

American liberals when cape coloureds call themselves coloureds: "No."
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Rusozak
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6800
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:09 am

Bradfordville wrote:
Siluvia wrote:The word “offensive” has lost all meaning. How can an individual from Africa be “offensive” by talking about their own African heritage?


Because some folks think that the very moment the word "coloured" is used, we will spiral back in time to slavery.


Besides, the actual racists use much worse words.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:37 am

Rusozak wrote:
Bradfordville wrote:
Because some folks think that the very moment the word "coloured" is used, we will spiral back in time to slavery.


Besides, the actual racists use much worse words.


Coloured is the word racists use in Disney movies.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Sonakion
Diplomat
 
Posts: 645
Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sonakion » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:53 am

Ah but Tyla is saying coloured not colored. Thanks be for the French and their silent letters.

Also most of the responses on this poll are serious, how would that even translate to NS issues. And wheres the puns! :lol:
Last edited by Sonakion on Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 73165
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:51 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:"Colored person" is offensive.

"Person of color' isn't offensive.

It still makes no goddamn sense...

If anything, "person of color" should be more offensive because it's prioritizing someone's race instead of their humanity. Compare "milk bottle" and "bottle of milk": in "milk bottle" the bottle is the primary object being referred to and milk is the descriptor for it, while in "bottle of milk" the contents are the primary object being referred to and not the container. End rant.

Actually, bottle is the object in both phrases.

In the term "milk bottle" milk is acting is an adjective, describing the type of bottle. In "bottle of milk", "of milk" is a preposition that describes the bottle.

Although, I'd argue that the phrases carry slightly different connotations - a milk bottle could be empty or full but still be described as a milk bottle, but referring to "a bottle of milk" to refer to an empty milk bottle would probably not be standard usage for most people.
Last edited by Galloism on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Astridr
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 101
Founded: Sep 12, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Astridr » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:37 pm

Forsher wrote:Perhaps alternatively titled "what happens when the term for your ethnic identity is offensive in another culture?". The thought occurs because of the following article:

Caught in a culture war, South Africa's hottest music sensation Tyla is in the crossfire of an online debate over the word she uses to describe her racial identity - "coloured".

Before her rise to fame, the 21-year-old made a video proudly talking about her mixed-raced heritage on TikTok.

In it she slicks her coily hair into Bantu knots, while donning a traditional beaded necklace, with the words, "I am a coloured South African" splashed across the clip like a badge of honour.

The star says this means that she "comes from a lot of different cultures".

It is a simple video intended to share a part of herself with her audience. But instead, her racial identity has stoked flames across the internet, most notably, in the US.

Americans see the word as a slur, unlike Tyla's South African community, who see it as a part of their culture. In South Africa, it is a distinct identity that is officially recognised.

One US user on X, formerly known as Twitter, said: "We are not gonna call her coloured here and if she personally demands it, her career will end before it begins.

"She's trying to cross over into an American market, she won't be able to use that word here, she can use it somewhere else though."


The article is longer but I will also quote the conclusion:

Ms Cupido's voice booms with joy when discussing Tyla's success, but her tone shifts to annoyance at the scrutiny around the star's identity.

"I find it so disrespectful. Do not undermine someone's way of life, just because you do not understand it," she says.

People who disregard Tyla's heritage, she says, are also "erasing and dismissing my existence and my family's existence, and the way we understand, perceive and navigate the world".

Ms Dooms agrees and says that even before the Tyla controversy, defending her community had been a constant: "We are fighting for the legitimacy of what we have built. What we have created, the culture we have made."

To those in America targeting Tyla, she says: "To have the audacity to question somebody's self-identification and replace it with your own - that's ridiculous. You are not progressive."

With a new album coming out early next year and a Grammy nomination, Tyla is likely to be dominating headlines and prompting further debate over her identity for some time yet.

For Mr Morris, there is no room for criticism: "[It is] simply up to Tyla to say who she is, and what she wishes to be called.

"It is nobody else's business."


I feel like this is something where it initially feels like there's an actual dilemma but when you stop and think about it for a second the position the "one US user on X, formerly known as Twitter" has staked basically boils down to "conform to my cultural expectations and fuck off if you won't". I guess we should've expected a bad take because they're still using Twitter.

So, what say ye, NSG? Is there a reason to object to a South African identifying as coloured when talking to Americans in America that doesn't just boil down to cultural imperialism?


Am I surprised that some Americans are incapable of recognizing they are not the centre of the universe and sometimes spout something extremely ignorant? No.

Yes, the term is offensive in the US, but it's inappropriate to apply that to other cultures. I've seen similar tensions around the Spanish word for the colour black - negro and of Mandarin's filler word nei ge which can come off as the n-word to English speakers.

User avatar
Durius
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1908
Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Durius » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:02 pm

Seems like a case of two self-centered people who don't make the minimal effort to comprehend the other's point. People could recognize the fact that the word doesn't have the same connotation than in the US and overlook her usage, and she could recognize that the word has a heavier weight in the US and not expect people to use it. But that would probably be too reasonable for this day and age.
Last edited by Durius on Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 30708
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:40 pm

I think this is something where Americans just need to get a more global perspective and recognize that our culture, politics, and social taboos are not universal across the whole world. It's very arrogant to think that the whole world should accommodate you and your sensitivities, even if their country has a whole different history and culture.

Context is important, and the same word can have different meanings depending on when and where it was used.

It's OK to have an initial knee-jerk reaction if you see something like this for the first time and you're not aware of the context. The world is a big complicated place and we can't expect everyone to be familiar with the cultural and political complexities of every country on the planet. If someone just isn't aware of how the word "Coloured" is used in South Africa, that's not their fault. Everyone has things they're not aware of. The problem comes when people are not willing to calm down and move past that initial reaction after the context has been explained to them.

This kind of reminds me of a thread we had ages ago where a black guy went in a diner, saw a photo of soot-covered miners on the wall, and mistook it for blackface. The diner didn't do anything wrong, but that guy is still allowed to have his moment of "WTF???" until his brain catches up with his eyes. I'm sure we've all had those moments when you see something out of the corner of your eye and you misread a word or whatever, but then when you look closer you realize there's nothing out of the ordinary.

I dunno how many people are just having their moment of "WTF???" and how many seriously think South Africa needs to stop using the word "Coloured" -- but Tyla didn't do anything wrong.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 30708
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:58 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:"People of color" versus "colored people" has always been weird to me.


First time I ever saw the phrase "people of color" my instinctive reaction was "WTF??? Do these people think it's the 1950s???" because I assumed it was just a very awkward way to say "colored people."

These days I know better and I understand that people don't mean any disrespect, but it's still not the first phrase I am going to whip out when I am having a conversation.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
Bradfordville
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7559
Founded: Apr 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradfordville » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:04 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:"People of color" versus "colored people" has always been weird to me.


First time I ever saw the phrase "people of color" my instinctive reaction was "WTF??? Do these people think it's the 1950s???" because I assumed it was just a very awkward way to say "colored people."

These days I know better and I understand that people don't mean any disrespect, but it's still not the first phrase I am going to whip out when I am having a conversation.


What's weird to me is how in the 50s, colored meant "black," but people of color means everyone from black folks to Asians to pacific islanders to native americans to a varying degree of Hispanics to maybe Arab folks, or maybe not idk. It basically means non white, but I think it's a terrible term because last time I checked, everybody has a skin color.
Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or C.C. DeVille to play a guitar solo.

Eternal Algerstonia wrote:there are no patriots or globalists in russia, just idiots

User avatar
Vistulange
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5472
Founded: May 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vistulange » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:38 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:We are very good at this, only American norms count in the world to us Americans. I think it stems from the size and general isolation of the states.

Oh, I hardly think it's because of the size. It's just the isolation.

I've seen people on NSG not comprehend that US laws do not apply to them once they are in another country, or that their vaunted Second Amendment rights mean nothing in, say, Australia; I've also personally witnessed countless numbers of my students—university students, mind you!—not having the slightest clue about countries outside of the US.

They know that Mexico exists, of course, but...that's about it.

So from there, projecting American cultural values overseas just flows naturally.

User avatar
Kaumudeen
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 29, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaumudeen » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:02 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:We are very good at this, only American norms count in the world to us Americans. I think it stems from the size and general isolation of the states.

I think it's an overall culture of America thing as opposed to this as a special instance


Edit: one more thing to add. I did select the OP is bad at NS issues solely because their is no Hasselhoff option in the poll


I could excuse it if you were an ethnically homogenous large nation like China, but that is not the case with the US.
"Frankly, universities cater kindly to hermeutics, ending Universally Standard Aribtration." - Phuc Theeusa

The positions I take on here are generally more exaggerated than the ones I hold in real life.

Slava Palestine Sanction Israel

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 30708
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Kaumudeen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:We are very good at this, only American norms count in the world to us Americans. I think it stems from the size and general isolation of the states.

I think it's an overall culture of America thing as opposed to this as a special instance


Edit: one more thing to add. I did select the OP is bad at NS issues solely because their is no Hasselhoff option in the poll


I could excuse it if you were an ethnically homogenous large nation like China, but that is not the case with the US.


I think sometimes the diversity within the US actually makes it harder for people to understand how limited their perspective is. They think, "Well, I know people from lots of different ethnic backgrounds and we all do X, Y, and Z. That means this is just how it's done!"

They don't understand that even though their social circle has lots of racial/ethnic diversity, it still doesn't cover the full range of cultural diversity that is out there in the wider world.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aggicificicerous, Autumn Wind, Bayshire, Bombadil, Carolina Sur, Neu California, Pasong Tirad, Perchan, Unitarian Universalism, Zordennox

Advertisement

Remove ads