NATION

PASSWORD

Glitch Pro. Discussion Thread: Tessa Can't Be Trusted?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Stratonesia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Glitch Pro. Discussion Thread: Tessa Can't Be Trusted?

Postby Stratonesia » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:34 am

Welcome to NationStates' Glitch Productions Discussion Thread (GPDT), a thread famous for talking about Aussie animation studio Glitch Productions, their works and their founders' (Luke & Kevin Lerdwichagul) antics.
It's the perfect little land... if you like that sort of thing.
CURRENT WORKSUPCOMING WORKS
Murder Drones
The Amazing Digital Circus
The Gaslight District

"Everyone can bite me!"
— Uzi Doorman
"SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!"
— Pomni
Previous titles
"When Work Ethics Go South" (page 6–7)
"TADC Fans Say No to MD" (page 7–8)
Last edited by Stratonesia on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
Welcome to the nation of STRATONESIA!
▌ᐳᐸ▜
Where milk and honey are plentiful!
 ╯w╰ 
Ay, ay! (May God of Ultra protect this nation!)

Hail Stratonesia! Praise Be to Ultra!
No, that's not news headlines.
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge, with Ate by his side come hot from hell, shall in these confines with a monarch's voice, cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war; that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Stratonesia » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:55 pm

Starting from the release date of Murder Drones Episode 7 on March 30, 2024, a new spoiler policy is in effect.
SPOILERS MUST BE CONTAINED WITHIN THE [spoiler] TAG.

UNMARKED SPOILERS ARE PROHIBITED UNTIL SEVEN DAYS AFTER THE EPISODE'S RELEASE.

ANY POST WITH 
[spoiler] TAGS SHOULD MAINTAIN A MINIMUM DISTANCE OF THREE POSTS FROM OTHER POSTS WITH [spoiler] TAGS.

POSTS WITH REPLIES TO POSTS WITH
[spoiler] TAGS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THIS MINIMUM DISTANCE REQUIREMENT.
Last edited by Stratonesia on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge, with Ate by his side come hot from hell, shall in these confines with a monarch's voice, cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war; that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

The Amazing Digital Circus — Pilot is out now

Postby Stratonesia » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:20 am

◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

Valles Marineris Mining co
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Honestly it’s nice to see a surge in indie animation.

I’ve seen Lackadaisy, which is great and I especially enjoy because it is hand drawn traditional animation, which is a dying art form and a thoroughly applaud anyone who does traditional animation. I would recommend the Irish animation studio “Cartoon Saloon” for anyone who is interested in traditional animation. Their movies are beautiful and also take forever to make due to them being hand drawn.

Helluva Boss/Hazbin hotel: I am glad they now have an official show on Amazon soon. However personally I never liked either show. The charter design and aesthetic is amazing, but the whole time it’s just “insert sex joke here” it’s just edgy for the purpose of being edgy.

Glitch Productions: I remember watching SMG4 as a kid. Looking at modern SMG4 it really seems like they fell off. I would say SMG4 fell off around 2019, but that’s just my opinion. Glitch productions however, is really nice. I have never seen Metarunners. I am halfway through murder drones. my favorite charter would probably be N, he just wholesome.. I saw the pilot for the amazing digital circus and I love it. Pomni is my favorite charter. Her design is adorable and expressive, also as someone who suffers from anxiety I resonate with her charter a lot. Seems like the plot to TADC is gonna be “I have no mouth and I must scream” but goofy.

Also why tf did Gooseworks reveal Pomni’s age, now ppl are gonna make so much rule 34 of her. :(
Last edited by Valles Marineris Mining co on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
main account, alt is Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing
þ=th
Class 0.66 civilization according to this -> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617
“Free will is a myth, religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes, the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair; all memes, all passed along.” -Monsoon

“In wilds beyond they speak your name with reverence and regret,
For none could tame our savage souls yet you the challenge met,
Under palest watch, you taught, we changed, base instincts were redeemed,
A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.“ -Monomon the Teacher

Neptunian Military Administration
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neptunian Military Administration » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:17 pm

Isn't Glitch Productions the ones behind SMG4?
Oh god, the nostalgia.

Resident of TNP

Long live Neptune!

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Stratonesia » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:22 pm

Neptunian Military Administration wrote:Isn't Glitch Productions the ones behind SMG4?
Oh god, the nostalgia.

Yeah. I remember watching SMG4 in 2014–2015. Oh, the memories.
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neptunian Military Administration » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:24 pm

Stratonesia wrote:
Neptunian Military Administration wrote:Isn't Glitch Productions the ones behind SMG4?
Oh god, the nostalgia.

Yeah. I remember watching SMG4 in 2014–2015. Oh, the memories.

That was definitely around the time I watched, stopped watching pretty much after mainly due to a lost of interest.

Resident of TNP

Long live Neptune!

Orcuo
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:25 pm

“SMG3 Was Better.”
Funnyman: Putting the ‘Ions’ in NationStates since forever.
Proud Subsidiary of the NationStates Official* YouTube Channel
(*Due to a cease and desist letter from Maxcorp, I had to put this asterisk next to "Official")

The Imperial Fatherland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 03, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Fatherland » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:29 pm

Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:Also why tf did Gooseworks reveal Pomni’s age, now ppl are gonna make so much rule 34 of her. :(

She knew the risks and she took it. Also, I saw the art.
Kaiserliche Vaterland
Wir vertrauen auf Gott
A technological juggernaut with elements of steampunk and dieselpunk.
Puppet of the Imperial State of Ateria|I'll be writing factbooks on F&NI next time the game site goes down|

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pm

The Imperial Fatherland wrote:
Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:Also why tf did Gooseworks reveal Pomni’s age, now ppl are gonna make so much rule 34 of her. :(

Out of curiosity, I went onto the forbidden Green website, searched for images.
þ=th
“Free will is a myth, religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes, the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair; all memes, all passed along.” -Monsoon

A world you gave to bug and beast as they had never dreamed.“ -Monomon the Teacher

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Stratonesia » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pm

Oh... the horror.
How's the art?
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

The Imperial Fatherland
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Fatherland » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:38 pm

Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:

Out of curiosity, I went onto the forbidden Green website, searched for images.

You really did not need to do that but you did and now you will never get those images out of your head.

Stratonesia wrote:

Oh... the horror.
How's the art?

Not easy on the eyes but it could be worse. I don’t want to continue this kind of discussion let’s just discuss about the cool, wholesome stuff. Please…
Kaiserliche Vaterland
Wir vertrauen auf Gott
Puppet of the Imperial State of Ateria|I'll be writing factbooks on F&NI next time the game site goes down|

The Imperial Fatherland
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Fatherland » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:58 pm

Kaiserliche Vaterland
Wir vertrauen auf Gott

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:58 pm

So TADC seems to take some inspiration from “I have no mouth and I must scream”

Which in case you guys didn’t know what that is, it’s a short novel written by Harlan Ellison in 1967. During the Cold War the US, Russia, and China each made a hyper intelligent AI to watch over the nukes. The 3 ai went rough and combined together to form the Allied Master-computer or AM. AM then nukes the whole planet and then expands their facility and traps 5 people in his facility for eternity GLADOS style. However unlike GLADOS, AM is powerful enough to keep these 5 people alive indefinitely to fortune them for eternity. Also AM has one of the hardest quotes ever.

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU.”

At the end of the novel, one of the characters manages to distract AM and then kills 4 of the survivors to end their suffering. Unfortunately the main character could not kill himself in time. AM, now furious that 4 out of his 5 playthings are now dead, puts his anger out on the remaking survivor, essentially surgically turning the last survivor into a flesh blob that is constantly injected with drugs that make its perception of time faster so seconds to him are months to us.
þ=th

The Imperial Fatherland
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Fatherland » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:14 pm

Valles Marineris Mining co wrote:So TADC seems to take some inspiration from “I have no mouth and I must scream”

Which in case you guys didn’t know what that is, it’s a short novel written by Harlan Ellison in 1967. During the Cold War the US, Russia, and China each made a hyper intelligent AI to watch over the nukes. The 3 ai went rough and combined together to form the Allied Master-computer or AM. AM then nukes the whole planet and then expands their facility and traps 5 people in his facility for eternity GLADOS style. However unlike GLADOS, AM is powerful enough to keep these 5 people alive indefinitely to fortune them for eternity. Also AM has one of the hardest quotes ever.

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU.”

At the end of the novel, one of the characters manages to distract AM and then kills 4 of the survivors to end their suffering. Unfortunately the main character could not kill himself in time. AM, now furious that 4 out of his 5 playthings are now dead, puts his anger out on the remaking survivor, essentially surgically turning the last survivor into a flesh blob that is constantly injected with drugs that make its perception of time faster so seconds to him are months to us.

Well, damn, I heard of the story, the title at least, but I didn’t expect this. This is some pretty edgy stuff man. I will now indulge myself with these Cold War-era sci-fi novels.
Kaiserliche Vaterland
Wir vertrauen auf Gott

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

They're in distress!

Postby Stratonesia » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:18 am

I drew this
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2023
Corporate Bordello

Postby Phobos Drilling and Manufacturing » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:37 am

Stratonesia wrote:
(Image)
I drew this

Kinger with gun lmao
“Someday, people will say quotes I never said” - Sun Tzu, or something.

Post Irony and Meta Irony must be embraced as the next step

This is my alt, my Main is Valles Marineris Mining co

The Amazing Digital Circus
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Amazing Digital Circus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:33 am

This is The Imperial Fatherland btw
The Amazing Digital Circus!Let's get right into the show!
|Me remembering Mr. Hands|Me still remembering Mr. Hands at dinner|"The Giant Horse Conch-"

M-101
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby M-101 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:07 am

Stratonesia wrote:
(Image)
I drew this

Damn, that's incredible! Nice take with the digital stuff and the implication that they are living in a simulation controlled by Caine
Last edited by M-101 on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ :::: COMPENDIUM :::: ]
COLLECTIVELY CONSTRUCTING COORDINATED CIVILIZATION CORDIALLY CIRCA 2101

Civilization mostly consists of the Comps, sapient ex-construction AI bots resembling cubic CRT monitors centered around the galaxy Messier 101
Member of the Free World Coalition
NS Stats have been dismantled into elementary substances to be of better use
Factbooks fabricator functions failed, fixing for foreseeable future...
R.I.P BUHERS/ECLIPSLAND
[■] [■] [■] [■] [■] [■] [■] [■] [■]

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:47 am

TADC fandom in a nutshell
þ=th

Dairasam
Envoy

Founded: Jun 14, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dairasam » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:01 am

Just watched the TADC pilot recently, kinda good.
THE FEDERATION OF DAIRASAM
A Filipino-Taiwanese spy who decided to ruin his life with politics
Alright, i'll try to be more active this time.
NS stats and policies ain't canon.
Sadly, I'll be retiring the News board, it just started feeling like a chore for me to do (aka im lazy).

Minister

Postby Valles Marineris Mining co » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Theory: Pomni is going to be the villain. Either intentionally or unintentionally she will break something the digital circus, causing some sort of digital corruption that messes up the games code, creating an immanent danger to everyone else and possibly herself.
þ=th

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Daily Fanart — The Amazing Not-so-Digital Circus

Postby Stratonesia » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:28 am

By @rockosedits on X
Pretty much what happens when you don't live in a society.
Get 'em off me!
He can deal with you. He'd just rather not.
If the sight of him doesn't kill ya, his bubble will.
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

Stratonesia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Daily Fanart — Useful Tips from Our Jerky Boi Jax

Postby Stratonesia » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:17 pm

By @GooseworxMusic on X
"Where are the donuts?"
"Huh?"
"You can't have some lead paint without donuts!"
◁⁋ਧ‿◥▷
▌ᐳᐸ▜
 ╯w╰ 

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction