NATION

PASSWORD

Proposals for a Princess (TG to Enter)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Proposals for a Princess (TG to Enter)

Postby Liegalla » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:33 pm

Royal Search for a Suitor for Princess Zieda

With the recent ascension of King Juozas II of Liegalla to the Dragonfire Throne, the question of succession has reared its head. The King and his queen, Guoda Ojeras have but two daughters and at 46 and 52 are not like to produce a son, and with the eldest of the two, Princess Julita, taking holy vows to join the faith, it falls on their younger daughter, the twenty year old Princess Zieda to serve as her father’s heir.

This unprecedented decision to name Princess Zieda Ojeras comes as a shock to many in Liegalla, as she becomes the first daughter of a king acknowledged and referred to as his heir, as well as some assert the claims of the missing Queen Dowager Brigita’s child, the bastard born child claimed of the late bastard born King Vytautas IV, or the long lost Prince Dovydas, the King’s nephew not seen in eight years. And rumors spread of Zieda’s own role in the death of the late King Vytautas IV.

These claims are of course baseless and rumors without truth.

With no suitable candidates amongst House Ojeras or in Liegalla, Queen Guoda, in tandem with the new king’s more interconnecting and open foreign policy, has for the first time looked beyond the borders of the small kingdom of flatlands for a suitor to tie themselves in Union to Princess Zieda.

The Princess

Her Royal Highness, Princess Zieda Ojeras of Liegalla

Princess Zieda is the second and youngest daughter of King Juozas II ‘the Hammar’ of Liegalla by his wife, Queen Guoda. Considered a pure Ojeras, coming from two royal branches of Liegallan kings, the princess has fair skin, silvery blonde hair and amethyst colored eyes. At twenty, she is considered the most beautiful woman in Liegalla, though since the ascension of her father, there has been a cold darkness in her eyes. Though once noted for her sweet and meek nature, she has since been said to swing in temperament from placid calm to fiery arrogance and strong willed.

The princess has been thus far been educated by royal tutors in arithmetic, history, and philosophy while being taught traditional feminine arts of sewing, embroidery, hosting, social work and dancing. Her political views as of yet remain unclear, considered thus far to be a centrist in the belief of the monarchy and management of the nation. She is said to have the diplomatic mannerism of her father and the fiery blood of her mother.

She is a member of House Ojeras which as ruled Liegalla for over a hundred years, since the reign of Vytautas the Great. She was born in the penultimate year of her grandfather, King Juozas I’s reign, born to then Prince Juozas and Princess Guoda. . During the reign of her uncle, Vytautas III, she was raised alongside her older sister in the north wing of Tvirtore Palace and her father was made General of the Royal Forces. She and her sister left the palace left the palace with their parents following the ascension of her bastard born cousin Vytautas IV when she was twelve. When she was eighteen she was represented at a ball at the palace before the King and his queen. When she was twenty, amidst the Rzhev Crisis, she and her sister were ordered to the palace as honored guests of King Vytautas IV. While she and her sister dined with the king, reported a pair of assassins attacked and killed the king, though rumors swirl that she herself played a hand in the king’s death. Three days after Vytautas’s death, the princess’ father was proclaimed King of Liegalla as Juozas II. Two weeks later, after her older sister took the veil, the princess Zieda became the new heir of the Dragonfire Throne. She has taken to the matter of her marriage as one of duty rather than that of love.

The Suitors: Requirements

In service of the longevity and prestige of House Ojeras, King Juozas II and Queen Guoda have set a list of requirements for potential suitors for their daughter:

1. Must be an unmarried or widower royal and not in direct line of succession to a foreign throne
2. Must hold the style or equivalent of “His Royal Highness”, “His Highness” “His Serene Highness” or “His Grace”
3. Must be a dynast of an active monarchy
4. Must be a younger son or grandson of a sovereign monarch
5. Must hold the title of prince and/or duke
6. Must be no younger than 18 at time of engagement
7. Must be no older than 26 at time of engagement
8. Must be Catholic or willing to convert
9. Must be willing to reside in Liegalla and become a Liegallan citizen
10. Must be willing to quarter his arms with that of House Ojeras

Other Matters not required

1. Suitors with secondary titles, peerages and/or appanages are not required, but are welcomed
2. Suitors with castles, estates and/or other personal held lands or fiefs are not required, but are welcomed
3. Suitors who can speak English or Liegallan are not required, but welcomed

The Suitors: Application

Suitors for the hand of the princess, or their respective monarchs or governments shall fill out the following application, thus opening up negotiations for a dynastic marriage:

The Suitors: Application

Nation:
Government:
Monarch:

Suitor’s Name:
Suitor’s Style:
Suitor’s Full Title:
Secondary titles (optional):
Peerages/Appanages (optional):
House (Dynasty) Name:
Father’s Name:
Mother’s Name:
Position in line of succession (if applicable):
Relation to Monarch:
Pedigree:
Suitor’s Age:
Languages Spoken:
Education:
Coat of Arms (image or description):
Appearance (image or description):
Personality:
Biography:

OOC: Suitors must be Human, and adhere to Modern or Pre-Modern Tech.
Last edited by Liegalla on Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nishikaigan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:15 pm

Kinda want to do this but I'm not sure if a younger sibling of a sovereign Monarch counts?
FYI, my nation is based on a Japanese Pacific States, not Uruguay or something along those lines
Also, curly fries are delicious and yes I will fight you on that
83.7 on the International Development Index
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█<RJ>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥███████████████████████████████◤
Boat

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:41 pm

Nishikaigan wrote:Kinda want to do this but I'm not sure if a younger sibling of a sovereign Monarch counts?

After some consideration, Queen Guoda has determined that yes, a sibling of a sovereign monarch, does count as long as either:

1. They also the son of grandson of a previous monarch (which also applies to other candidates who are not the siblings of a current monarch)

Or

2. If they hold the title and rank of prince, and otherwise satisfies the requirements.

Union Hispanica de Naciones
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Union Hispanica de Naciones » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:14 pm

The Union and the king Carlos VIII offers his cousin Hansel II from Habsburg-Hohenzollern, Viceroy of the Viceroyalty of Peru.
Nation: Union Hispanica de Naciones.
Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
Monarch: Carlos VIII

Suitor’s Name: Hansel II of Habsburg-Hohenzollern
Suitor’s Style: His Viceroyal Majesty.
Suitor’s Full Title: His Viceroyal Majesty of Hansel II of Habsburg-Hohenzollern.
Secondary titles (optional): none.
Peerages/Appanages (optional): 19 million reales.
House (Dynasty) Name: Habsburg-Hohenzollern.
Father’s Name: Hansel I of Habsburg.
Mother’s Name: Maria V of Hohenzollern.
Position in line of succession (if applicable): Not right now as he is already governating the Viceroyalty of Peru.
Relation to Monarch: positive.
Pedigree: I don't know what that means.
Suitor’s Age: 22
Languages Spoken: Spanish, German, English.
Education: National University of San Marcos.

Appearance (image or description): A more or less skinny man, he almost always wears black, has a Caucasian face, brown eyes, black hair and a small nose.
Personality: positive (mostly of the time) but not so funny with making jokes.
Biography: Hansel I of Habsburg-Hohenzollern get borned in 2005, in the middle of the Second Spanish Civil War, but this didn't affected him (not like his cousin Carlos VIII) because he get borned in Austria, where he lived 9 years, after that, he moved with his family to Germany, where there lived until he gained 18 years old, after that occurred, he moved to the Union Hispanica de Naciones because his cousin wanted him to be Viceroy of Peru, in there, he was very loved by the country, he maked large reforms to make the economy grow being him a great bureucrat, now, in 2027, he governs Peru in one of the times of more economic grow in the history of the Viceroyalty.
Solamente un descendiente del Imperio Español después de una guerra civil, no mucho más.

La Unión Hispanica de Naciones es una nación descendiente del Imperio Español, la nación gobernada por Su Majestad esta abierta a debates, reuniones diplomaticas y tratados de comercio o diplomaticos, si nos atacan, nos defenderemos con uñas y dientes por la Unión.
¡Contactenos ahora y forgemos una nueva alianza!

Si, si se lo preguntaban, esta nación representa mis visiones politicas OOC casi que al completo, hay algunas excepciones como la sustracción de organos pero por la mayoría esto es canon en mi mente.

Aviso: Englishmen, USE TRANSLATE!
LAS STATS EN SU MAYORÍA NO SON CANON, Hay excepciones como la población, pero la mayoría NO LO SON.

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Postby Nishikaigan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Liegalla wrote:
Nishikaigan wrote:Kinda want to do this but I'm not sure if a younger sibling of a sovereign Monarch counts?

After some consideration, Queen Guoda has determined that yes, a sibling of a sovereign monarch, does count as long as either:

1. They also the son of grandson of a previous monarch (which also applies to other candidates who are not the siblings of a current monarch)

Or

2. If they hold the title and rank of prince, and otherwise satisfies the requirements.

Alright cool I'll get an app up in a bit
FYI, my nation is based on a Japanese Pacific States, not Uruguay or something along those lines
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
Boat

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Postby Nishikaigan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:47 pm

Nation: Constitutional Empire of Nishikaigan
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Monarch: Celestial Protector-Empress Mitsuni Yoshikari

Suitor’s Name: Matsu Akihara Yoshikari
Suitor’s Style: His Royal Majesty
Suitor’s Full Title: His Royal Majesty Duke Matsu Akihara of Montana
Secondary titles (optional): [N/A]
Peerages/Appanages (optional): Goldleaf Estate (Located just north of Missoula), Pearl City (Hawai Prefecture)
House (Dynasty) Name: House Yoshikari
Father’s Name: Iwai Yoshikari
Mother’s Name: Kimiko Otsahura
Position in line of succession (if applicable): [N/A]
Relation to Monarch: Younger Brother
Pedigree: Fully Royal, decending from a union of 2 of the most prominent noble houses in Nishikaigan
Suitor’s Age: 23
Languages Spoken: Nishi (Basically a modified version of Japanese) and English
Education: Gakushuin University, Tokyo
Personality: Matsu's often described as being quite outspoken, formal, and kind. He's also determined, reliable, affectionate, and very resourceful, but this is slightly countered by his near constant wisecracks, jokes, and hopeless romantic nature.
Biography: Being the youngest of 3 siblings, Matsu was almost always overshadowed by his older brother and sister. This only fueled his resourceful nature and determination to stand out from the rest of his family. Once Mitsuni became Empress, he would be appointed as the Royal Duke of Montana, a rather cushy job all things considered, but this simply wasn't enough to satisfy the ambitious young Duke.

Matsu would then turn his focus to finding someone he could truly love and start a family with. So he would also start his own search for a suitable partner. Upon hearing of Princess Zieda's search for a suitor, he'd set his sights on being someone she could rely on and truly love.
Last edited by Nishikaigan on Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
Boat

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Nation: Kingdom of the Meyarines
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Monarch: King Jayas I

Suitor’s Name: Dariano of the Meyarines
Suitor’s Style: His Royal Highness
Suitor’s Full Title: Prince of the Meyarines
Secondary titles (optional): Duke of Tuaras
Peerages/Appanages (optional): Tuaras Castle and the Duchy of Tuaras
House (Dynasty) Name: Gunapadi
Father’s Name: King Jayas I of the Meyarines
Mother’s Name: Queen Kamalika Nripendra (deceased)
Position in line of succession (if applicable): 2nd
Relation to Monarch: Second son of King Jayas
Pedigree: Descendant from the kings of Meyarina, Alvarenga and Narkovia
Suitor’s Age: 21
Languages Spoken: Meyarino, Deritain, English
Education: King’s University at Kela, the Meyarines
(A crowned winged lion rampant on a azure field with argent stripes)
(Prince Dariano is a well built young man, muscular and fit, standing at 6’1”. His cleanly shaven visage considered quite handsome. He has the strong jaw and sharp features of his father and dark eyes, hair, and skin of his late mother. His tends to wear his hair cut shortly with curls. A faint horizontal scar slashes its way under his right eye.)
Personality: Prince Dariano is noted for his flirtatious attitude as well as his outsized ambitions, being charming and well spoken, able to talk and joke with people with ease, or use his height as an imposing presence. Despite this, he is often considered short sighted, reckless and even malicious against his rivals.
Biography: The second born son of King Jayas and Queen Kamalika, Dariano was from birth regarded as the spare heir behind his older brother Prince Jayas. A large and healthy child, as he grew older and taller, he grew more and more jealous of his soft spoken and gentle and scholarly brother, and in turn became loud, rough and athletic. As a teenager he became increasingly rebellious and while given the best education, Dariano was a below average student . He was greatly saddened when his mother died when he was sixteen. With her death he inherited the Duchy of Tuaras when he was seventeen, but was prevented from establishing his own separate household by his father. He gained a reputation of being a womanizer, particularly once he was eighteen. He courted Queen Oiyora of Turanda, and while become one of her many lovers, did not succeed in winning a marriage-alliance.

Possessing a high rank and good looks, the young prince hopes to parley these inherited gifts into winning the hand of a queen (or future queen) in order to keep up his royal life style and gain a kingdom where he’ll finally be free of being second place. And with his own father having six sons, (and rumors of the prince fathering a few illegitimate children of his own) his genetics and fertility can give the Liegallan Royal Famili many heirs.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:31 pm

Queen Guoda, looking over the candidacy of Viceroy Hansel II of Habsburg-Hohenzollern, and that of Duke Matsu Akihara of Montana and Prince Dariano of the Meyarines finds in each good causes in their persons in favor of a potential marriage between one of them and her daughter.

In the opinion of the Queen, Hansel’s wealth and his experience as governing officer of the Viceroyalty of Peru over a period of economic growth is well thought of. As Liegalla’s national finances have not been well managed in the reign of the previous king, the arrival of someone experienced with handling and making money would greatly serve the King’s plans for economic reform.

In regards to Matsu, Queen Guoda is pleased to see that one candidate seems most likely to focus on her daughter’s happiness, a given the harshships the royal family has faced in loss, a bridegroom focused on romance and love could revitalized the vibrancy of the royal court. Though the recent events of tensions between Liegalla and Nishikagan could mean such a union would strengthen ties between our nations, but also risk making Matsu unpopular bin the north.

In turning to Dariano, the princess’ mother is most intrigued and uneased by the Prince’s candidacy, finding his pedigree and familial fertility desirable in hopes of providing her with many grandchildren as to expand the Liegallan line of succession. A potentially unfaithful consort for the future first queen of Liegalla however would be a source of great distress given the crown’s close relationship with the Faith and recent crops of royal bastards in the house.

No decision has yet been made, and the candidates are free to further make their cases as he queen and the royal family consider their eligibility and potential.

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:23 am

To: Queen Guoda of Liegalla,

To the good Queen Guoda, it is with great humility that I pursue the hand of your most gracious daughter, the beautiful Princess Zieda. The sight of her portrait as fired Cupid’s arrow and pierced my tender heart and her eyes remain the ever wanting if my heart and ever present in my dreams.

I am well of aware of the reputation that has been attached to my name, and I admit the blood of the men of my family runs hot with our passions, blessed in vitality and strength as we are by the good graces of God. But I assure you in our passions when have never left our partners wanting, and does not the good book of the Faith speak of forgiveness and repentance of their sins? I assure you, any rumors of my producing of illegitimate offspring is as true as the black rumors regarding the lovely Zieda.

While I put my thoughts into words, I find that I can not truly articulate the emotion and honest belief that lay behind them, and seek to be able to present my self before Your Majesty so that you may see my dedication and sincerity.

Prince Dariano had however not prepared a single message but know, understanding—admittedly after his younger more astute brother had pointed out that he was wooing not a single woman but a nation. So, with his younger brother’s aid in crafting the elegance of words had prepared two, one for Queen Guoda that would expound on his good standing, pedigree and adherence to the Catholic Faith, while to Princess Zieda he sent a letter in which he sought to romance her in a manner more akin to himself.

In both his brother took the liberty of editing as to obfuscate the more direct mannerisms of her brother and smooth out his rougher edges, turning his more crass words or innuendos into poetic lines of sincere sentiment.

To: Princess Zieda of Liegalla

Oh, Most Beautiful One of all the Worlds, I have heard of all your qualities and yet still, knowing there is more to you I have found myself consumed in my my mind in my very body. My blood pounds ever like fire and the drums of war, the steady pounding crying out but the name of you most beautiful of princesses, Zieda! Zieda! Zieda!

All catch sight of you are left with nothing but the wish to never see anything more for it shall forever more pale in its comparison, better to pluck them free for your beauty constitutes the complete fulfillment of their their life’s purpose. Therefore I fear not of my many rivals and without any shame devoted my self to you, Zieda!

If only you were as near to me in this world to touch as you are to my heart in spirit is now, that I may show you the great breadth of my passions and devotion to you in an alter of fine silk and linens. It would take but a single sermon and sacrament of this kind to fill you with the same overflowing rapturous cries of the gospel. If only I were there, may then we’ve as Pysche and Cupid were in their devotion, sans the hot wax of candles lest you desire.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:26 am

Queen Guoda crumbled the letter from Prince Dariano, a concern look in her eyes. She and her mother had taken lead of the matter of her daughter’s marriage, as was Gouda’s right as Zieda’s mother and Queen of Liegalla. The let had been polite enough until he had brought up the ‘black rumors’ about her daughter.

Did the prince know something? Had a loose lip servant spread these outrageous rumors about her daughter? She had seen to it that those accused of murdering Vytautas IV executed, but she knew both her mother and daughter had been careless in speaking of those events, of which only the princess and her sister were living witnesses to. If Dariano suspected the truth, was he taunting her? Or was the prince simply as aghast as such rumors as a believer would be?

Princess Zieda herself found herself amused by the letter from Prince Dariano of the Meyarines. She found the former part a tad dramatic, but cuting through the innuendo of the later part, she found herself both flattered and intrigued about the prince, a welcomed boost to her ego given the recent events that had taken place within the walls of the palace.

That being said, Zieda knew she would have to tread carefully. Neither did she wish to swept up by a handsome face or charming words and be lead to disaster. Her uncle, Vytautas III had planted the seeds of disaster and revolt with his handsome face and charms to multiple women. Inviting a new such troublemaker, whether by accident or purpose would not do. Nor did she wish ti be accused of being improper. She had seen her sister take the veil and holy vows. She had no intention of following.

The princess locked the letter away as she prepared her response.

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Postby Nishikaigan » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:30 pm

To: Queen Guoda of Liegalla,

It is with true sincerity and humility that I pursue the hand of your beautiful daughter, Princess Zieda. I am well aware that I would be regarded as unpopular in the northern regions of Liegalla due to my older sister's hot-headedness regarding the crisis in Rzhev, but I am more than ready and willing to work to improve my standing amongst the Liegallan people.

However I do not just seek to repair the broken bridges between our two nations with this pursuit of a romantic engagement with your daughter, I aim to be someone your daughter can rely on, trust, and genuinely feel comfortable being herself with.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Much like Prince Dariano, Matsu had also prepared a more personal letter for Princess Zieda herself, spending a considerable amount of time trying to put his thoughts into words without those words turning into a somewhat nonsensical ramble about random and unrelated things, such as his self proclaimed cooking prowess for example. After a considerable amount of time, he'd finally send out something that he'd regard as being a somewhat good encapsulation of his feelings toward her, having decided to add a small golden flower hairpin at the figurative last second before sending it out.

To: Princess Zieda of Liegalla,

Let me first start this letter by saying that while I may not have one specific outstanding quality that I excell at in comparison to my rivals, what I do have is my genuine kindness and deep feelings for you. While I can't perfectly and completely lay out the myriad of reasons why I truly love you, as love is indeed a very confusing thing, I can assure you of the fact that I will try to be the best possible person I can be for you.

I personally know that life as a royal can be quite stressful and feel like a drain some days, but I promise that I can be the person you can rely on being there for you at the end of every day and to be your safe harbor in the whirlwind storm that is life.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
Boat

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:56 pm

Mediaman Ministry of Foreign Affairs

From: Madeline Brooks, Mediaman Minister of Foreign Affairs
To: Liegalla Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Your Royal Majesty,

While the nebulous nature of the Mediaman monarchy disqualifies us from offering a suitor for Princess Zieda, on behalf of her Royal Highness Queen Williams III, we wish you the best in your efforts to find a suitable suitor. Regardless of the outcome, Mediama will continue to support Liegalla and maintain the status quo on current political, social, and economic ties.

Signed,

Madeline Brooks

Madeline Brooks, Mediaman Minister of Foreign Affairs

Queen Williams III could only sigh in empathy as she looked into the ongoing news regarding Queen Gouda's difficulties in finding a suitable suitor for her daughter. Although the structure of both of their monarchies ran different from each other, one could empathize a mother's worries of whether or not their children would choose the right one to spend the rest of their lives with, evenmore so with the added pressures of political rammifications. She could only hope the stress wasn't putting too much of a strain on the royal family.

Officially, Mediama has remained neutral on the outcomes of such courtship, and has stated that regardless of who Princess Zieda married, Mediama would continue relations as they were prior to the change in monarchy.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for Queen Williams III to offer her own words of encouragement and her hand in assistance to Queen Gouda and to an extent Princess Zieda the regent thought, and so Queen Williams III took a piece of stationary and began to write her letter for the Liegallian Royal Family.

Mediaman Royal Family
Illustrantia

Your Majesty,

As your Ministry of Foreign Affairs may have recieved previously, I cannot provide a suitor for Princess Zieda given that our monarchy is more electoral than heredical. However, from one mother to another, I understand the serious strain you and your family must be going through at the moment. I, too have had to face the worries of whether or not my daughter would know what she needs to know to find her own happiness in life, and I hope that yours may find her own happiness as well, despite the looming pressures her courtship entails.

Know that despite all the politiking and the weighing of benefits and detractors, at the end of the day it is all dependent on the happiness of your daughter. One could forge political alliances with other nations and states easily through diplomatic means, and though such forging may benifit from a political marriange, one should not sacrifice one's relationship with one's own daughter to attain such goals. She has just as much right of a say to who she wants to be with for the rest of her days, just as the suitor on whether or not he or she wants to also pursue such courtship. Just as you, your Majesty, have just as much of a say into who she is betrothed to.

I am aware you may have advisors for matters such as this, but if you or your daughter need any further advice, I am open to recieving such correspondance if one so requests. Regardless, I wish you and your daughter well in her courtship pursuits.

Signed, Queen Jessica Williams III.
Last edited by Mediama on Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:10 pm

To: Prince Dariano of the Meyarines

Your Highness,

Your words have found me and provided me with much good feeling in a time that has been a difficult transition. Your words are certainly passionate, but how can I help but consider that a journey across the sea would not cool the hot blood of the Gunapadi as you put it? I have lost my sister to one church, what makes you so certain of your appeal to be a new one for me, when zi am told your congregation already holds record of a great congregation?

Princess Zieda grinned at her written words. While she had enjoyed Dariano’s words, she wouldn’t let herself be swept up in them less they be sweet nothings that turned to ash in her mouth. She hoped her words would come across as inquisitive, perhaps even playful rather than accusatory, though the questions she posed, wrapped in the same allegory that the prince had written her, were true.

No sooner had Zieda sent the message to Prince Dariano that she received one from Duke Matsu, younger brother of the Empress of Nishikaigan. The Nishi prince was a complicated figure, for there would be many in the north, where Nishi forces had launched attacks during the high point of tensions of the Rzhev Crisis.

Despite this, where she had been amused by Prince Dariano, from Duke Matsu the princess found herself touched by the duke’s humility and understanding in regards to the life and pressure of being a royal. She admired the golden flower hair pin that had come with the letter and observed it delicately in her hands. She set it down on her desk— as Vytautas IV had preferred her with her hair up, she disliked wearing it that way, but nonetheless found the gift beautiful— and began on a letter to the Duke.

To: Duke Matsu of Montana

Your Royal Majesty,

It is rare I think to find a prince who begins a dialogue with the level of humility that you have displayed. You must think quite highly of me, I hope you may find me worthy of such lofty thoughts. Your kindness is sweet, though I wonder how so quickly you can believe in love, confusing as it may be when you have so little to know me of. Do I truly have the depth and mystery of a puddle that princes throw their hearts into it?

That being said, your gift is most kind and greatly appreciated. I find myself often alone these days, and the palace corridors and walls are cold and not made for the comfort of a lone woman. A reliable companion is something I believe any good queen should seek out. I hope that should it prove true, your harbor indeed proves safe from the storms of life. Though I wonder what is the respite for those who support others?
Last edited by Liegalla on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ellese
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ellese » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:14 pm

Does it have to be someone from your nation (Ellese in my case?)
It's back to being Ellese again...steppe country, bordering Russia, Georgia and Ukraine, ruled by an authoritarian monarch.

This news is like months old, just saying
News: Fer's mother has passed away, Tourous Gealer becomes first Ellesean billionaire, report finds that Ellese has been getting warmer over the last twenty years

She/Her

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:20 pm

Ellese wrote:Does it have to be someone from your nation (Ellese in my case?)

What would be the alternative? (Not saying no, just wish to understand further before I make a decision)
Last edited by Liegalla on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ellese
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ellese » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:21 pm

Liegalla wrote:
Ellese wrote:Does it have to be someone from your nation (Ellese in my case?)

What would be the alternative? (Not saying no, just wish bro understand further before I make a decision)

I have a nation not on NS with a royal family, I just write all the information about it on a notes website here: https://onlinenotepad.org/app
It's back to being Ellese again...steppe country, bordering Russia, Georgia and Ukraine, ruled by an authoritarian monarch.

This news is like months old, just saying
News: Fer's mother has passed away, Tourous Gealer becomes first Ellesean billionaire, report finds that Ellese has been getting warmer over the last twenty years

She/Her

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 pm

Ellese wrote:
Liegalla wrote:
What would be the alternative? (Not saying no, just wish bro understand further before I make a decision)

I have a nation not on NS with a royal family, I just write all the information about it on a notes website here: https://onlinenotepad.org/app

I see. Then yes, I will say it has to be someone from your nation.

Union Hispanica de Naciones
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Union Hispanica de Naciones » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:35 pm

Viceroyal Hansel II sends a gift to Princess Zieda, a car with a little card that says:
"To my beloved"

in the car, there are 3 kilograms of gold and 5 of silver, there's also a packet with form of heart that contains peruvian chocolate.
Solamente un descendiente del Imperio Español después de una guerra civil, no mucho más.

La Unión Hispanica de Naciones es una nación descendiente del Imperio Español, la nación gobernada por Su Majestad esta abierta a debates, reuniones diplomaticas y tratados de comercio o diplomaticos, si nos atacan, nos defenderemos con uñas y dientes por la Unión.
¡Contactenos ahora y forgemos una nueva alianza!

Si, si se lo preguntaban, esta nación representa mis visiones politicas OOC casi que al completo, hay algunas excepciones como la sustracción de organos pero por la mayoría esto es canon en mi mente.

Aviso: Englishmen, USE TRANSLATE!
LAS STATS EN SU MAYORÍA NO SON CANON, Hay excepciones como la población, pero la mayoría NO LO SON.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Queen Guoda, who had not yet responded to either Prince Dariano or Duke Matsu, not quite sure of what to say to either of them, took up and read the missive from Queen Jessica Williams III—the queen having nearly an aneurysm at the confusion of the elected monarch’s name and title before realizing its odd structure. She frowned after reading it, thinking of her daughter.

Queen Williams’ words were measured and seemed left open ended, though this only made Queen Guoda think more on the matter.

That is until her own mother snatched the letter from her and read it. Queen Dowager Gintare scoffed and crumpled it up. “A fool’s endeavor, the pursuit of happiness in such matters.”

Queen Gouda’s eyes widened, shocked by the bluntness of her mother’s words. It seemed free of the Widow’s Cloister, the Queen dowager felt no need to hold her tongue. “How can you say that?”

“Because it is true my dear,” Gintare said matter of factly, looking to her daughter. “Do you believe in all your life, these last five decades, I thought only of your happiness?” She cut her off as her daughter started to open her mouth. “Never once.” Queen Guoda looked at her mother dumbfounded and speechless. The elderly woman pressed on. “I thought your survival and did what was necessary for you to survive. And look at you now. You are the queen. Your daughter shall be Liegalla’s first ever queen in her own right. Happiness has nothing to do with it.”

“But—“

“Are you not happy? Do you not love Juozas?” Asked the queen dowager.

“Of course,” said Queen Guoda. “I have always loved my husband.”

“And yet that fact never once held any bearing on if you would marry him. It was marriage that forged an alliance. If we were to have the peace Juozas the First is so famed for now, it required the marriage of my daughter to his son.”

“So my happiness is not to matter?” Asked Princess Zieda from the doorway where neither queen had noticed her arrival. Queen Guoda stood, hoping to reassure her daughter.

“Of course it matters,” her mother said.

“It simply can never be paramount, not when the matter is the Dragonfire Throne,” said her grandmother. “You wear crown on your head, not your heart.”

It was at this moment that the three royal women, the three most powerful people in the capital at the moment given the absence of the king, were informed of the arrival of Viceroy Hansel’s gift for the Princess. Princess Zieda expressed some confusion as she was lead outside to the driveway courtyard of the palace and presented with the car and the precious metals and chocolate. The princess raised an eyebrow as she was handed the short little missive.

Laughter erupted from Princess Zieda as she read the short three worded message over and over again. She held her stomach and giggled as she looked to the car. More laughter followed. She walked around the length of the vehicle, positively delighted. After receiving the long and playful letter of Dariano, the sincere one of Mastu, there was something delightful about Hansel’s gift and simple words.

“Well I believe that makes it clear,” said the Queen dowager. “Pick the viceroy.”

“Why?” Asked Queen Guoda.

“He is rich.” It was a comment worthy of the viceroy himself, even if the Queen dowager skinmmed over the realities of Liegalla and its economic situation. A wealthy consort for the queen to be would be a boon.

That you say, a decision couldn’t do easily be made, at least in the opinion of Queen Guoda, for while the Queen dowager had made up her mind on who she supported and would push for, the same could not be said of her daughter or granddaughter.

To: Queen Jessica Williams III of Mediama

Thank you for your kind words. It is an unprecedented matter this marriage business here in Liegalla. I wish to do what is best for my dynasty, my daughter and my country. While our ways may differ, if in this matter we can share understanding, and improve further relations between Liegalla and Mediama, a friendly correspondence with you is most welcomed.

To: Duke Matsu of Nishikaigan

It means a great deal to me, more than you may know, for you to express your concern and dedication to the happiness of my daughter. As too is your commitment to repair the relations so badly damaged between our two nations. In that pursuit I believe this match can be of great service, and intend take this under deep consideration.

Meanwhile the Princess chuckled to herself as she sent a letter to Viceroy Hansel, one even shorter than his own but written in a delighted hand:

Well done!

“I do not even know how to drive,” the princess said out loud as her grandmother looked on. The queen dowager batted the concern aside, putting her hands on her grandchild’s shoulders.

“That is the beauty my child, you can learn.”

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:21 pm

To: Princess Zieda Ojeras

Alas, I admit, my charms have never been in short supply nor have they been met without a steady line of those who seek them, and yet here I find my heart pointing like a compass to true north, directed to you, the Liegallan Star that shines so bright and joyous, brighter than all the others that dazzle in the night sky. What honor would there be if you were but my first and alone in my experience of affections? The man who knows only wheat shall never complain of it, and never think much of it. But he who had tasted the greatest variety of foods learns which bread is the sweetest.

You, oh most Beautiful one in the world, are the sweetest, though I’ve not yet had such honor to taste in the flesh.

An ocean away, the waves separate us as my father welcomes the birth of two new sons. As all here fond over my baby twin brothers, all I can think of is you, my distant star. Should I sail across the waves that so imped these passions that burn through my body in nightly occurrences so that we may at last see if the sea cools them? Or do you seek to see me smolder at the thought of you so far from tender embrace, lest our union prove too great of a blaze that we cast the sun green in envy?

Simply remember, should I embark, it but a single glittering purple Liegallan star that I shall follow to you.

Aurivala
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurivala » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:47 pm

Aboard the Royal Train
Kingdom of Aurivala

Ding-dong! A bell rang in the private study compartment of Queen Anabel's royal train carriage, to let her know that somebody wanted to come in and speak with her. Anabel, who was having lunch, turned around and got up from her seat, though this wouldn't be seen from the corridor as there weren't any windows facing that way. The young queen hated being interrupted while she was eating, and everybody in her court was well aware of that, so whatever this was about, had to be really important to justify getting her immediate attention, right there and now.

"What is it?" she asked through the closed door. "I'm eating."

"Sorry to disturb your meal, Anabel," a familiar man answered. It was Crisanto Flores, Captain of the Aurivalan Royal Guard ‒ a specially trained regiment of soldiers dedicated to guarding the queen with their lives, who traveled with her wherever she went. Crisanto and his guards had been entrusted with Anabel's protection since she was only a little princess, and the two of them had developed an extremely close friendship (although it was purely platonic in nature, nothing intimate). Anabel smiled upon hearing Crisanto's voice. As much as she wanted to eat her lunch in peace, she was always willing to make an exception for the Captain.

"Oh it's you, Crisanto. Well then, come in!" Anabel unlocked and opened the door to her study compartment. Crisanto obliged, taking a seat in the plush armchair next to Anabel's.

"So, what's this about?" Anabel asked.

Crisanto gave her the complete rundown, about this faraway kingdom called Liegalla, and how the king was murdered by his own servants (at least, that was the official account spun by the Liegallan royal household, and echoed by the foreign presses). With the king's uncle now in charge, Liegalla was now looking to arrange a marriage for its crown princess, Zieda, and was searching far and wide for a worthy suitor to whom she'd be betrothed.

"What's this, the stone age?" Anabel laughed, as she found the idea of arranged marriages ridiculous and backward ‒ the practice had died out more than a millennium ago in Aurivala. However, she was also concerned for the young princess, who didn't seem to have any say in the matter, and wasn't that much younger than herself (20). She had to do something about it, fast. As the queen didn't have a good command of languages other than her own, she asked Crisanto to translate and write down her message, sentence by sentence, on royal letterhead using a quill dipped in enchanted ink. She made two different letters, one for the Liegallan queen and one for the princess.

"Wait, shouldn't we get Federigo to say something about this as well?" Crisanto suggested as the letters were about to be sent out. Federigo Torres was the Grand Chancellor of State ‒ the Aurivalan equivalent of a foreign minister. His job was to act as the PR mouthpiece of the Kingdom, issuing polished statements and maintaining a carefully curated image. Anabel shook her head no. "This isn't a matter between our kingdoms," she replied. "This is a private conversation between friends."

Anabel folded each letter into a paper airplane and released both of them into the air, from the open deck at the back of the train. The letters floated away toward their destination. Thanks to the ink's magical properties, the paper airplanes would be able to fly directly to their targets, no matter where they were. In addition, each letter would only be visible to its intended recipient ‒ anybody else who picked it up would see nothing but a blank page. So it wouldn't be possible for Guoda to read the letter for Zieda, or vice-versa.

To Queen Guoda of Liegalla

Greetings!

On behalf of the Kingdom of Aurivala and my people, I would like to congratulate you on the coronation of your new King, Juozas II. May the Goddess bless him and his reign.

It has also come to my attention that your Kingdom is seeking potential marriage candidates for your royal heir, Princess Zieda of Ojeras. As a ruler of a fellow Kingdom, I understand that you only want the best for your daughter and your subjects, which is commendable. However, my concern is that if such a union is made solely based on wealth or lineage, rather than true love, then the relationship might not be a happy one. In addition, marriage should be a voluntary endeavor, and nobody should be pressured into it just because it's tradition. Of course, if the Princess herself has agreed to it, then I fully respect that decision ‒ but it's important that she agrees in the first place.

My Kingdom also unfortunately cannot provide a consort that satisfies all your criteria, particularly the faith requirement. However, I would like to propose an alternative destiny for Princess Zieda, as a full-fledged member of the Aurivalan royal court, with all the titles, styles and privileges thereof, should she choose to reject marriage and relinquish her place on the Liegallan throne. Should that be the case, I'd be more than happy to take your daughter under my wing as one of my own subjects, and you can rest assured that she'll be protected and in good hands. And should the Princess choose Aurivala as her home, my servants and I will do everything we can to ease her transition into her new life, including a new identity if necessary.

I hope you'll give this idea some serious thought, and know that I am willing to support your daughter no matter which road she takes.

By the Grace of the Goddess Flora,

Anabel I de Cisneros
Queen of Aurivala

Signed on the XXII of Prairial, Year of our Goddess MMMXLIX

To Princess Zieda of Liegalla

Hello Zieda!

Don't worry, this isn't another marriage proposal, I promise!

My name is Anabel, and I'm the queen of a kingdom far away called Aurivala. I heard that you're getting married soon ‒ congratulations!

But please remember that marriage is a huge commitment, so you should only do it if you're absolutely sure and ready. Don't force yourself into it just because of what others think. If the only thing that interests you about a guy (or girl, no problem with that) is his riches or family name, then you might want to think again, as such marriages rarely end happily ever after. Only marry somebody if your heart says yes, and never somebody you've just met or only know through letters. Take the time to really get to know him (or her) first. And if you decide that you don't want to get married at all, that's fine too. Only you can be the master of your own destiny, no matter what others tell you.

Anyway, that's my little piece of girl-to-girl advice. But I'll be proud and happy for you either way. If there's anything you need, I'm here to help, and I won't tell your parents, I promise. Just write on this paper and fold it, and it'll fly back to me by itself. And you're welcome to visit me and my Kingdom any time ‒ we can use my flying ship.

Nice talking to you, Zieda! And good luck!

Until we meet,
Anabel

By the Grace of the Goddess Flora,

Anabel I de Cisneros
Queen of Aurivala

Signed on the XXII of Prairial, Year of our Goddess MMMXLIX

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 am

Queen Guoda scowled as she tore Queen Anabel’s letter with a fury as she shredded the paper with her own hands. How dare this child, the same age as her own daughter insult her with such arrogance. It might not have annoyed Queen Guoda the matter of ensuring that this marriage was in fact of Zieda’s choosing, indeed that remained a debate in her own mind and that of the princess, even while the queen dowager’s position was clear and unwavering.

It was instead however the suggestion of Zieda abandoning the throne that Guoda could not forgive. After all the heavens and earth that had been moved to place her in such a position, the idea of a foreign monarch would dare to suggest Zieda may prefer to be some trinket of a guest at their court was beyond the pale. Not to mention impossible. The great urgency in the marriage of the princess was precisely because she could not step away.

There were no more heirs left. At least none suitable. Julita had taken vows. Little Juozas, Brigita son was a child and son of the hated bastard king, lost to the shadows and in the wind. There might have been those who would rally around Prince Dovydas, long ago exiled, but he had not been in Liegalla for nearly a decade. And his return would at best mean the overthrow of Gouda’s own husband, and at worst civil war and death.

Queen Anabel’s words could not have been more insulting than if she had told the queen to climb the palace walls and hurl herself into the harbor. The Queen angrily shot back a letter.

To: Queen Anabel of Aurivala

You need not write again.

Princess Zieda found the queen’s letter to her notably less offensive. She lay in bed as she read it, running her fingers over the artfulness of letting of Aurivala. It was the first letter she had received that had any sense of congratulatory sentiment to it, though she found herself stopping on the next when the foreign queen spoke of interest of a guy or girl.

Though she had been sheltered for much of her life, Princess Zieda was not unaware in all matters. The concept of romance between the same sex was not unheard of, though it was to her rather foreign, something foreigners did in far away places like Genes. It was not even a topic of discussion in Liegalla, where the patriarchy and the Faith were loathed to bend to you eyes. Yes, the Archbishop of Voersk was considered quite the liberal, though then again such a stand was considered easy when the alternative is wholesale torture on those who speak out against the king. Zieda wasn’t even sure if such a thing was legal in Liegalla.

The princess pressed on, finding Anabel’s advice to be the exact opposite of that of her grandmother’s. Why was it that these foreign queens, rulers in their own right seemed so against her from following the path modeled by her forebearers of Ojeras women? She knew her mother and father loved each other, but it seemed that perhaps that was more a matter of chance rather than correlation to their marriage. She thought of the marriages of Queen Dziuginta and Queen Brigita, both her aunts (maternally and paternally respectively)

She had been but a little girl when her aunt Dziuginta had been queen, consort of Vytautas III. All had spoke of however they were the most beautiful couple. He had been called the Handsome King his looks were so alluring. Of course such looks had made it all the easier to for him to seduce others and he had forced his wife to live with his bastard son right there before her eyes. A bastard who had maimed her own child. Had Dziuginta loved Vytautas III? If she had, how could she stand to see him break her heart over and over again?

And Brigita. Married to a monster. And yet he had given her everything, wealth and power and fine things. Had she not stood by when her own two nieces were made his prisoners? Had she ever wavered in her support of her husband as he had reigned terror down on their country, safe within the confines of the palaces as Vytautas abused and tortured those around him? Was that love that stayed her hand?

These weee the thoughts in the princess’s mind as she drifted off to sleep, the letter still in her hand.

It was early morning, the sun not yet risen, when Zieda woke again, screaming. Her heart pounded in her chest as if it were about to explode, terror choking her as she scrambled out of bed, her nightmares still clawing at her like the talon of beast tearing at her night gown. She stumbled, sending the letters from Anabel and Dariano scattering to the floor as she held her chest and tried—and failed—to calm herself.

She had dreamt of her sister. Of Julita screaming and crying, begging her for help. She had not seen him in her dreams. Vytautas IV. Her cousin. That bastard. That monster. But she had felt his presence in her mind, like a pitch black shadow that sought to swallow her. She heard Julita’s screams, her sobs. The same screams and sobs that she had heard that day. It had not been the same scene in her dream, not Julita pinned against the dining room table, pummeling the king as he forced himself on her.

Instead it had only been Julita, kneeling in her tore white and gold dress looking up at her, begging her to do something. Anything. To stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it—

“Stop it!” Princess Zieda screamed out loud into the darkness, banishing the vision.

She clawed at her chest and throat, where it felt her heart had climbed up to and threaten to burst out of.

“Your Highness!” The princess’ maid burst into the room, concern on her face. Zieda barely noticed. The princess, seeing the open door, bolted, tearing through the opening and running through the dark stone halls of Tvirtore Palace. She ran. And ran. And ran. A pale shade of pale skin and silver blonde hair passing through the darkness of morning twilight. She had to run, run till her heart stopped pounding like the drums of war. She didn’t even know where she was running to.

Until she was there.

The dining room of the guest apartments in the palace. It’s stood darker than the rest. No one had come near here for weeks. This was where Vytautas IV had been murdered, all knew. Servants whispered his ghost still lingered here.

The doors had been chained and locked off, lest there have been any deeper investigation into the crimes that had been committed here. She stared at the chained door for a long time. Unsure of how she felt. Rage. Hate. Sorrow. Shame. Pride.

They all mixed together as she knelt before the door and her heart finally started to calm.

The sun was up when the servants finally found her, still kneeling before the accursed door. She giggled as they helped her back to her feet, though there were tears running down her face. She muttered only a single thing as they escorted her back to her rooms. “How I wish she’d grabbed the knife”.

It was hours later, bathed and dressed that the princess took to her correspondence again.

To: Prince Dariano of the Meyarines

How I wish that it had been your left I read last night instead that of another’s. Perhaps my mind would not have wondered so much. I feel myself in need a star for guidance far more than you. You call sweet, though I think myself more like a kumquat… sweet on the outside till one bites into me.

Congratulations to your father and stepmother on the birth of their sons and your brothers. I have always loved my sister. I shall always love my sister. Do… do take care to protect your brothers, Your Highness. I at times wish I did more to protect my own.

Embarking on journeys are is dangerous. How are you so sure this star shall not lead you off the edge of the world?

To: Queen Anabel of Aurivala

What a scandalous thought, deciding one’s future through the emotion of the heart. Least that seems the sentiment all around me, and yet the concerns for my heart and if it is heard too flood around me. You speak of love of a kind unheard of in Liegalla, or if so, only spoken in hushed terms. I admit it sparks my curiosity.

It makes me wonder. If my destiny is the Dragonfire Throne, is it not because I have made it so? Or is fate the guiding hand that has put so much to putting me here. And if so, whether this be by the hands of God or my own, is my happiness and my choices the cost of destiny? And why then perhaps do I feel it not so great a price?
Last edited by Liegalla on Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:31 pm

For the first time, upon receiving the letter from the princess sent his brother Alakas away and took to pining the letter himself.

To: Princess Zieda Ojeras

Oh, my dear kumquat, if it takes going off the edge of the world to get to you, it will have been worth it. After all, what good is a world without such a beauty? It is such bright lights that make life worth living when there can be so much darkness. Better to engaged in it all in to the fullest than be left wondering in the dark.

Thank you for the congratulations. When you have seen the arrival of six younger brothers, one grows used to the ever growing collection, but I love them all. Though should you speak of that to anyone, I am sure to deny it. They are pesky and annoying, and shall never let anyone hurt them. As I would never let harm come to you, our tore sister if I’m given the chance.

If you are in need of guidance, Iook to those who love you, my dear kumquat.

Caraintos
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caraintos » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:02 pm

Villa di Teranto

Princess Regent Tasa has been closely watching the royal entanglements of Liegalla since before the death of King Vytautas IV and the Rzhev Crisis. The mother of the underage queen of Caraintos she found the recent development interesting. It was rare to find a royal family more tangled and dramatic than that of the Cresseys. The matter of King Juozas II’s daughter’s marriage was interesting and would likely affect, depending on her choice, a great deal in the region for years to come.

The Princess Regent decided to write to the princess of Liegalla.

To Her Highness,
Princess Zieda of Liegalla

In the long history of the world, it remains a rare occasion when a young woman can decide not only her future but also that of a nation. It is one thing to be born to sit a throne. It is quite another to be thrust to it. I speak from experience. There will be many who seek to advise you, I fear I may be one. Though I hope that we may form a friendship. Between both you and I, as our nations.

Sincerely,
Tasa of Safar,
Regent of Caraintos

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:39 pm

RAF Swindon Down
Swindon Down, Mediama

"Mum, I'm not sure if that's a good idea." Princess Catherine Williams, the oldest of three children of Queen Williams III, politely said on the phone over the sounds of helicopters and aircraft outside as they flew by. Some raised eyebrows at that particular fact given how young the current regent of the kingdom looked. With all honesty, she was adopted when she was ten after her original mother, Queen Williams III's cousin, died in a tragic boating accident.

Catherine's memories of 'Aunt Jessie' were of her early years as queen, and they were just as blurry as her memories of her own mother at around the same time, and though the change from being among the upper class to royalty was initially a scary adjustment when she was newly adopted, she grew into the role of being a part of the royal family just as her adopted mother had at becoming sovreign regenent of the land.

That was then, this was now. Since her finishing of both secondary school and university, Catherine had struck it out on her own to become a helicopter pilot of the Mediaman Royal Air Force's Search and Rescue Service, both out of remembrance of her late mother, and of a fascination of flying. Since her commissioning, she had started out as a flying officer and climbed up to flight lieutenant in a matter of two years, becoming a pliot of her own helicopter.

In fact, it was after one of these patrols up and down the Atlantic coast that her adopted mother had called her, regarding a certain menagerie in Liegalla.

Unlike her adopted mother, Catherine had been busy with the duties associated with being an air force pilot to focus to much on international politics, though what she did know of the Liegallan royal family had been mainly from MBC news segments and little snippets from the internet, on top of little snippets from her mother.

And now she wanted her to start correspondence with their youngest daughter.

Granted, they weren't too far off in age, Catherine was four years her senior. Though the question of how in the world would she relate to the princess flew across her mind the moment her mother suggested the idea.

Still from what she has heard, she could only feel sympathy through the stresses she was going through.

The pilot sighed, before she replied, "Alright, I'll give it a shot. Love you, too mum. Bye." She stuffed her cell phone back into one of the many pockets of her jumpsuit.

"Everything alright there Williams?" Her superior, Squadron Leader Higgens, asked.

The Flight Lieutenant nodded, "As right as it could be sir."

"Glad to hear it, you're on break for the time being, we'll call you back to the flightline when your shift starts again."

Catherine nodded, before she gathered her helmet bag, and walked to the lounge. She took a few moments to ponder what her mother had suggested, before she started to take out her phone to look up anything on the Legallian Royal Family.

Mediaman Royal Family
Illustrantia

Your Majesty,

I would be delighted to continue correspondance regarding this matter, and I can only hope that the little tidbit of advice I had been able to give provided at least some modicum of help. Was there anything in particular that you wanted to discuss? I understand that a crossroads as significant as this cannot be taken lightly, and can come with its own list of quandries. Because of that one must also listen to one's own loved ones and the ones close around them to navigate through such struggle.

Nevertheless, in the meantime I have also asked my own daughter to send her own missive to your daughter to at least give her some form of aid, and someone to correspond with aside from countless suitors so that she may have other matters to ponder over. After discussing with her some of the struggles you and your daughter are going through, she wanted to provide whatever help she could give. I can only hope that I am not overstepping any boundaries, even if we are both monarchs and mothers.

Until then, I eagerly await your next missive.

Signed, Queen Jessica Livingston Williams III.

Mediaman Royal Air Force

Your Highness,

Apologies for the stationary, it was what I was able to get on hand at the time given my line of work, I assure you this was not a misshap with the mail. A little about myself, I am Princess Catherine Williams, adoptive daughter to Queen Jessica Williams III (gasp a shock I know!). I do charity work on the side and the occasional socials with my mother whenever I have time, but for the most part, I am a helicopter pilot in the Mediaman Royal Air Force. I haven't been in for too long, even if two years feels like a long time. And just like you, I had to go through the motions of being a member of the royal family. Still do on the occasion, even if I keep insisting to not be treated any differently from any other airman.

I hope you are doing well despite everything that's going on right now. I can understand how stressful everything is right now, especially since the choices we make seem to have such vast effects for so many people. I can't say that it gets any easier, especially in my job, and especially in our stations. The best advice I can give for something like this, and for other times like this, would be to follow whatever you feel like is the best option, and don't look back.

At this point, you might've heard this from so many people. But there's a reason why they keep saying that. The person you choose will be someone you will spend time with for the rest of your life. And if this big, overarching issue of marriage is piling on top of a laundry list's worth of other problems, focus on the more immediate problem, 'closest gator to the boat's' what some of my friends from the American Navy would say. And if anything else, focus on making it to the next day, and if not the next meal.

You've got friends and family that care for you, people who are willing to share the burden with you, and I hope I can be one of those friends. Don't be afraid to reach out to me if you want someone to talk to, I left my card in this letter, as well as some other trinkets that I hope make you feel a bit better.

Best wishes,
Flight Lieutenant Catherine Williams,
Princess of Mediama

True to her word, enclosed in the envelope addressed to Princess Zieda was Princess Williams' RAF business card, with her email and phone number. Additonally, there were a collection of photos.

The first being of the Princess in front of her helicopter, she was tall and slender at a staggering 5'11", with shining chocolate brown hair tied up in a bun, tendrils framing bright hazel eyes. Her overall complexion was pale white, contrasting with the greens of her flight uniform. She held her helmet under her right arm, and smiled a shining toothy smile.

There were some more pictures of the land surrounding the base Williams was stationed at, full of stony beaches and cliffs and downs, with waves crashing against the rocks, some of the picture featured a small coastal town nearby, reminiscent of the quaint, quiet towns of the American New England coast.

The last picture was of Williams and what presumed to be her flight crew, with Williams in the rightmost of the picture, their backs to the camera as they walked to their helicopter.

And on the very back of the envelope, was a challenge coin, a decorated medallion usually gifted to guests of a military installation.

The front was a colored engraving of a yellow helicopter, one that looked just like Williams' helicopter, flying over ocean waves, as it was flanked by what looked to be an aeroplane with a radar dish on its back, and another four propellered aircraft flanking the right of the helicopter. The entire ensemble was framed by a navy blue banner, with 'RAF 214th SAR Squadron' engraved on top with white lettering, and 'RAF Swindon Down' Engraved on the bottom in the same white lettering.

The back simply featured white background and a trifecta of the air base's emblem, the RAF's emblem, and the squadron's emblem: A falcon holding a life ring in its talons with a fouled anchor in the background. The squadron motto framed on a navy blue boarder of the back face of the coin in white lettering: 'No high of a cost, no hard of a task.'
Last edited by Mediama on Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates