NATION

PASSWORD

Ukrainian Dam Explosion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Subi Bumeen
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2023
Ex-Nation

Ukrainian Dam Explosion

Postby Subi Bumeen » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:57 pm

So i seen in the news yesterday that a dam exploded in Ukraine idk who did it but i am pretty sure it was the Russians.

Leave your thoughts below and just talk about it down below.

Thanks and i will see you you in the comments.
Glory To KONINGNOVIPOES AND THE UPR! Guns and War make peace!
He who slays Hitler, controls Hitler
He/Him
and a fan of rock music
And remember Big Brother Is Watching
i am also a big coitus fan even tho i have never had sex before

here is a great song https://youtube.com/watch?v=9gY_SbSIG0U

LFPD Soveriegn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 05, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LFPD Soveriegn » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:00 pm

Subi Bumeen wrote:So i seen in the news yesterday that a dam exploded in Ukraine idk who did it but i am pretty sure it was the Russians.

Leave your thoughts below and just talk about it down below.

Thanks and i will see you you in the comments.

The US don't even know who did it yet, neither does the UN from what I know. don't go pointing fingers...
The Greater Empire Of LFPD Sovereign
“Willst du en totalen krieg!?”
Summary: WHO GAVE THE MONARCHISTS THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO- AND THE ENTIRE SOVIET WAR INDUSTRY!?
Free News.co
Local anti-tax protester suddenly qualifies for 100% tax rate after 'accounting error' | Scensarian insults Regent Clarence, raided by SIRS Battalion. | Local SIRS Anti-Corruption Figure found guilty of corruption
Proud founder of the Imperial Pact/Imperial Trade Accords | I.P Ambassador to FIRE
I post, try and match half my effort, If I 'reserve'/minimum exp. 3-5 desktop lines (1-2 paragraphs) is fine, otherwise You'll get /stillme'd to hell. | Me 'doubleposting' is (not always) my way of saying I'm not happy with your response, probably due to quality/length.
Pro-Russian, Pro Palestine

Rary
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rary » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:03 pm

Both Russia and Ukraine had strategic reasons to destroy the dam.

Fortisbellator
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortisbellator » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:08 pm

Shouldn’t this be in Ukrainian War V?

LFPD Soveriegn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 05, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LFPD Soveriegn » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:11 pm

Fortisbellator wrote:Shouldn’t this be in Ukrainian War V?

The Dam explosions which threatens thousands of people in Kherson Oblasts and Zaporhzhia Oblasts should have it's own threads.
The Greater Empire Of LFPD Sovereign
“Willst du en totalen krieg!?”
Summary: WHO GAVE THE MONARCHISTS THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO- AND THE ENTIRE SOVIET WAR INDUSTRY!?
Free News.co
Local anti-tax protester suddenly qualifies for 100% tax rate after 'accounting error' | Scensarian insults Regent Clarence, raided by SIRS Battalion. | Local SIRS Anti-Corruption Figure found guilty of corruption
Proud founder of the Imperial Pact/Imperial Trade Accords | I.P Ambassador to FIRE
I post, try and match half my effort, If I 'reserve'/minimum exp. 3-5 desktop lines (1-2 paragraphs) is fine, otherwise You'll get /stillme'd to hell. | Me 'doubleposting' is (not always) my way of saying I'm not happy with your response, probably due to quality/length.
Pro-Russian, Pro Palestine

El Lazaro
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby El Lazaro » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:04 pm

Rary wrote:Both Russia and Ukraine had strategic reasons to destroy the dam.

The responsible party is pretty obviously Russia, whether or not it was intentional. Why would Ukraine sabotage its own counter-offensive and bring upon itself massive, costly infrastructural and environmental damages while displacing thousands of internal refugees that it alone will have to care for?

Ukraine wants a country that its people can live in. Russia does not want Ukraine’s people to live.
Last edited by El Lazaro on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rary
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2018

Postby Rary » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:32 pm

El Lazaro wrote:

The responsible party is pretty obviously Russia, whether or not it was intentional. Why would Ukraine sabotage its own counter-offensive and bring upon itself massive, costly infrastructural and environmental damages while displacing thousands of internal refugees that it alone will have to care for?

Ukraine wants a country that its people can live in. Russia does not want Ukraine’s people to live.

As of right now there is no evidence of either side destroying the dam so all we can do is speculate.

Anyway, an offensive across the Dnieper would likely fail, or if it did succeed it would bring heavy casualties. Every square inch of the left bank of that river has been mined and booby trapped. Even crossing the river without being spotted and obliterated by artillery would be hard, let alone actually landing and establishing a position in Russian controlled territory. You’ve also failed to take into account the logistical challenges of transporting supplies over the river. Correct me if I’m wrong but that dam was the last crossing over the river, and now it’s gone.

Regarding the refugees, there’s already a crisis.

Infrastructure and the environment come second to a nation’s sovereignty.

And please explain to me why Ukraine would be using artillery and shelling areas if they wanted a liveable area.

The flooding affects the Russian controlled side more, but it also fortifies Russian positions.

Edit: Stupid autocorrect.
Last edited by Rary on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thellonya
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Thellonya » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:32 pm

I'd like to think that someone as "smart" as Putin would realize how shortsighted (and fucking horrifying) actions like this are, but then again this guy literally took his army's rep from 2nd in the world to...y'know, 2nd or 3rd in Ukraine.

I have a friend of a friend who used to live in Odessa/Odesa, and the stuff she posts on her Instagram is nothing short of horrific.

P.S. It's nice to be back, NS.

Neoncomplexultra
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoncomplexultra » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:02 am

"i am not sure who destroyed hydroelectric infrastructure in a russian ethnic territory which the russian state has controlled for more than a year, but i am pretty sure that it was the russians"

yes. of course. russian strategy must be to destroy infrastructure which they have captured and are at no risk of losing.

it is like sun tzu said: the art of war is blowing up your own stuff.

the last time i was offered to repeat absurd lies in order to participate in social club, there were free crackers and nice music. what do you get from this?
Last edited by Neoncomplexultra on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Viva la Libertad!” cries out the volunteer jackboot as he silences dissent against a dogma he will never understand. they pay him nothing; he does it only to feel a brief moment of power in his powerless life. he earns zero dollars; he does it for free

humans contain finite information; as the number of posts registered to your account approaches infinity, the probability that your latest post contains new information approaches zero

Ambartion
Civilian

Founded: Dec 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambartion » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:04 am

Yeah, but Russia destroyed dam.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:08 am

Typically flooding a region aids defenders. Given that this occured on the onset of the Ukranian offensive, i'd say it was probably Russia. But ultimately it doesn't much matter who it was. We just need to send some aid and prep for rebuilding the dam.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:25 am

Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:47 am

Russian invading terrorists are at work. Putin and his supporters will be defeated. Your invading forces will perish from the territory of Ukraine !
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General