NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] @@LEADER@@ Likes Girls Shoes

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
CANDESIA
Attaché

Founded: Apr 04, 2023
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] @@LEADER@@ Likes Girls Shoes

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:11 am

The Issue

During the national fashion show occurred last night, an anonymous recorded a video, that shows @@LEADER@@, gazing at the shoes of the defeated model, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@. This issue now raised all across @@NAME@@.

The Debate

1. "I am disappointed that I lost." sighs loser model @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE1@@, who was still gazed by the leader on @@HIS@@ shoes. "But it's okay. I knew the reason why @@LEADER@@ was gazing at me. The reason is my shoes. It is of mary jane shoes, which is in black color and white socks under the shoes. I was totally impressed. So, if they want that shoes, then pass the legislation that every citizen should wear mary jane shoes with white socks, whether it's male or female. Then, you will see. It will impressed too much.
even @@LEADER@@ wears lovely girly shoes to kiss itself

2. "Wait a minute here!" silence everyone by Opposition Minister, @@RANDOMNAME@@, who is gulping water after drinking. "I have noticed one thing. The leader was staring at the shoes that the wearer had lost in the competition. Does this mean that our leader likes defeating own? Hmm.... I have a solution for this. Ban all the shoe, slippers, boots making company, so that our leader won't ever dare to try to see anyone's naked feet.
almost more than half of the population is roaming around bare feet

3. "That won't work." says the head of the @@DEMONYM@@ Shoes And Slippers Union, @@RANDOMNAME@@, who was busy checking shoes of @@HIM@@. "Banning all the shoe company, producing only one variety of shoes will not help @@NAME@@. Our shoes are famous for its design, comfort and appearance all across @@NAME@@ and @@REGION@@. Impossible to tell, how many shoes are now sold at a second? Only, I want to request that fund some @@CURRENCY@@s to our company and we will open our shoe market all everywhere.
even near the toilets, there is a shoe store

4. "The problem is neither in the losing competition, nor in the shoes." says Head of the Ministry Of Logic, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "The problem is in the recording of footage by unknown. He or she is misusing internet and social media. Was it necessary that they should shoot anything like he is climbing on the ants, talking about the dust which was climbing? I would like to urge that ban social media and internet. They should be satisfied with the records by the official cameraman.
people gone mad after the internet got banned

I hope moderators, especially issue authors would take a look at here. If any error here, I will edit that. My Question :- After submitting issue, how many days or weeks or months, I will receive that issue was approved our editted or deleted?
Last edited by CANDESIA on Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- From The Telegrammer, approved by Tomkins MacJohan, Governor Of Candesia.
Contact The North Pacific, if the telegrammer of Candesia cannot answer about The North Pacific.

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:16 am

Everyone have the right to reply here. No doubt.
Contact The North Pacific, if the telegrammer of Candesia cannot answer about The North Pacific.

Edush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Edush » Wed May 31, 2023 3:24 am

Candesia wrote:I hope moderators, especially issue authors would take a look at here. If any error here, I will edit that. My Question :- After submitting issue, how many days or weeks or months, I will receive that issue was approved our editted or deleted?

If your issue is approved, you will receive a telegram notifying you of that within one month after submitting it. Edit: also, if your issue isn't approved, you won't receive any telegram. So, you can know for sure that your issue will be published only when a mod contacts you.

About the issue: I'm not very experimented with issue writing, but I think you must use better English. In multiple instances the point you are trying to make is pretty hard to understand because of the language. Other than that, I think the issue is okay, but you need to rephrase it heavily in order to make it good enough for submission. Wait for other people's opinions too, like I said, I'm not an expert on the matter.
Last edited by Edush on Wed May 31, 2023 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Cyberstate of Edush
Unity, Discipline, Work
Overview | Map | History | Cats
News: Not much, really...

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:27 am

Edush wrote:About the issue: I'm not very experimented with issue writing, but I think you must use better English. In multiple instances the point you are trying to make is pretty hard to understand because of the language. Other than that, I think the issue is okay, but you need to rephrase it heavily in order to make it good enough for submission. Wait for other people's opinions too, like I said, I'm not an expert on the matter.

Truth is I have some weakness in writing and speaking English. but I hope they would edit it as required.

Edush
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Edush » Wed May 31, 2023 3:30 am

Candesia wrote:
Edush wrote:About the issue: I'm not very experimented with issue writing, but I think you must use better English. In multiple instances the point you are trying to make is pretty hard to understand because of the language. Other than that, I think the issue is okay, but you need to rephrase it heavily in order to make it good enough for submission. Wait for other people's opinions too, like I said, I'm not an expert on the matter.

Truth is I have some weakness in writing and speaking English. but I hope they would edit it as required.

That is an option too, I guess. You should still try to send the best draft you are capable of creating, though.
The Cyberstate of Edush
Unity, Discipline, Work

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:33 am

Edush wrote:
Candesia wrote:Truth is I have some weakness in writing and speaking English. but I hope they would edit it as required.

That is an option too, I guess. You should still try to send the best draft you are capable of creating, though.

Oh yEah. By the way, have you written any issues? I am not talking about approved issue. Have you ever written issue?

Edush
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Edush » Wed May 31, 2023 3:37 am

Candesia wrote:
Edush wrote:That is an option too, I guess. You should still try to send the best draft you are capable of creating, though.

Oh yEah. By the way, have you written any issues? I am not talking about approved issue. Have you ever written issue?

Yes, I wrote this draft, thank you for asking. Unfortunately, there already is an issue very similar to what I wrote, as someone pointed out in that thread. I was unaware of that when I was writing, but that's my mistake.
The Cyberstate of Edush
Unity, Discipline, Work

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:44 am

Edush wrote:Yes, I wrote this draft, thank you for asking. Unfortunately, there already is an issue very similar to what I wrote, as someone pointed out in that thread. I was unaware of that when I was writing, but that's my mistake.

I see.

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Wed May 31, 2023 3:59 am

OK. Please suggest, reply anything here.

Edush
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Edush » Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 am

Candesia wrote:OK. Please suggest, reply anything here.

Be patient, people don't use Got Issues very often, and even when they do so, not everyone accessing this thread will answer. When I published my draft it took a couple of days for someone to respond, in some instances it can take even more.
The Cyberstate of Edush
Unity, Discipline, Work

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 am

Why is the validity what it is?

What would make anyone that isn't actively trying to become or remain a dictatorship want to choose anything but Option 3?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:48 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why is the validity what it is?

What would make anyone that isn't actively trying to become or remain a dictatorship want to choose anything but Option 3?

OK I will remove the validity.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:10 am

This premise raises too many questions.

What's the problem with @@LEADER@@ gazing at shoes?
What is a defeated model?

Remember, issues need to cover noteworthy events of national importance. This doesn't seem to meet that threshold.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:25 am

Electrum wrote:This premise raises too many questions.

What's the problem with @@LEADER@@ gazing at shoes?
What is a defeated model?

Remember, issues need to cover noteworthy events of national importance. This doesn't seem to meet that threshold.

I don't want to argue with you. But, its the issue on the basis of leader's interest, logic of the opposition minister. And beyond this, business and misuse. So, now tell me. I already face such similar issues since this nation was found. Then what is the restriction here?

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 am

Candesia wrote:I don't want to argue with you. But, its the issue on the basis of leader's interest, logic of the opposition minister. And beyond this, business and misuse. So, now tell me. I already face such similar issues since this nation was found. Then what is the restriction here?

And one thing, I have already submitted the issue of this in ISSUE CONTEST.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:23 am

OK, that's way too early to be submitting to the contest. At this point it's too late to ask you to redraft your issue since you only have one entry. Something for next time.

Please read the How to write an issue guide in more detail.

When I mean notability, I mean:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:An issue should be something you'd expect a leader of a nation to deal with. That's not to say that we don't have trivial issues, but those ones are trivial issues that it makes some narrative sense for the Leader to be dealing with.

Furthermore... the issue draft has @@LEADER@@ apparently looking at a model's shoes. We avoid this kind of thing in issues.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Player Autonomy - Essentially this means not telling players about their own characters.

[...]

A common error in issue writing is to disrespect player autonomy.

[...]

2) You the games-master, are not allowed to tell me what my character does or decides.

When you write or edit an issue, don't say what my character's actions or decisions are. The whole point of issues is for me to tell YOU that. You can describe that a meeting has been called, or that advisors have been summoned, but don't tell me that my character has called a meeting, or that my character has summoned my advisors.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:32 am

OK, so. I have already submitted this issue to contest. And players got one chance to submit issue. Moreover, my issue didn't work that was dream to submit it. What to do now?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:03 am

Wait for more feedback.

Why was leader looking at shoes? Foot fetish?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

CANDESIA
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CANDESIA » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:11 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Wait for more feedback.

Why was leader looking at shoes? Foot fetish?

Quite, you can say. I think no issue contains this type of madness leader. Also, it may not be selected as you can see some errors told by the moderator.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?