NATION

PASSWORD

{Draft} General Resolution of Civil Aeronautics

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Pacific South
Civilian

Founded: Mar 25, 2023
Ex-Nation

{Draft} General Resolution of Civil Aeronautics

Postby Pacific South » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:02 pm

General Resolution of the Civil Aeronautics.
"A resolution to fly safe"

Resolution establishing basic provisions on air transport, redistributing competences and resources among nations and territorial, governmental and international entities that regulate civil aeronautics.

The National Congress of the Federal Republic of the South Pacific,

Taking into account resolution "GA#34" and the standards set by the ITSC,

It is hereby decreed,

Article 1. On the security of national and international transports. To repeal Article 6, paragraph "a" of "GA#34", according to the aforementioned article, national transports are exempted from the security requirements of the ITSC for an undefined reason, which compromises the international security of civilians and jeopardises international human rights.

Paragraph 1. In order to protect the integrity of each nation's citizens, with respect for each nation's sovereignty, there shall be no exceptions from ITSC security requirements under public transport security laws.

Article 2. Promotion of free trade. Continuing with the principle of free trade, the creation of international and transcontinental airlines shall be permitted in order to promote the economy and tourism of each nation.

Article 3. Promotion of national security of each nation. In order to completely repeal article 7 and its subsections of "GA#34", it is regulated;

Paragraph 1. There will be exceptions for the entry of civilians and/or aircrafts, taking into account the migration and tourism laws that each nation implements through its migration offices and/or authorities, in case of lack of a migration authority, individual control would be allowed taking into account international migration laws.

Paragraph 2. There will be exceptions for the entry of civilians and/or aircraft, taking into account international national security laws, based on the national security problems faced by the USA in 2001, the entry of aircraft that are reported as hijacked, not operated and that do not respond to the calls of the air defence of each nation is prohibited.

Paragraph 3. There shall be exceptions for the entry of civilians and/or aircraft, taking into account national health laws and the prevention of international health emergencies such as those caused by COVID-19.

[Paragraph 4.[/b] Each nation may prohibit the entry of military aircraft, according to its own military agreements, in addition to which each national is directed to refrain from visiting another nation without military entry authorization.

Article 4. Preservation of national security in wars. Taking into account that wars and diplomatic disputes would sometimes enter into non liquet, it regulates the manner in which military aircraft and military aircraft shall comply with each of their corresponding national military laws, without consequence of any ITSC regulations.

Article 5. Miscellaneous provisions. In the event that these regulations do not regulate something specific or have any tax loopholes, provision is made for them to be regulated in full by the ITSC.

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes fixed on the sky, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Bill 001 of the Federal Republic of the Pacific South.
Promoted by the Political Party of the South American Group

Promotes;

Steven Waldrón Atwell
Chancellor
Last edited by Pacific South on Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:54 pm

This proposal violates the rules on:

Real-World References ("the USA;" "Leonardo da Vinci")
Branding ("Bill 001 of the Federal Republic of the Pacific South. Promoted by the Political Party of the South American Group. Promotes; Steven Waldrón Atwell, Chancellor")
Repeals (tries to repeal GA#34 with a resolution in a non-Repeal category; it's not immediately clear which because there's no category which formally uses the description "A resolution to fly safe")
Language (I do not have a clue what Article 1 and its Paragraph are supposed to do other than violate the Repeals rule "for an undefined reason")

I'm pretty confident that there's a rule (other than Branding) against saying that your resolution's by "The National Congress of the Federal Republic of the South Pacific" rather than the World Assembly but I can't quite find it, so you'll have to be content with the above-mentioned infractions for the time being.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:02 am

Tinhampton wrote:This proposal violates the rules on:

Real-World References ("the USA;" "Leonardo da Vinci")
Branding ("Bill 001 of the Federal Republic of the Pacific South. Promoted by the Political Party of the South American Group. Promotes; Steven Waldrón Atwell, Chancellor")
Repeals (tries to repeal GA#34 with a resolution in a non-Repeal category; it's not immediately clear which because there's no category which formally uses the description "A resolution to fly safe")
Language (I do not have a clue what Article 1 and its Paragraph are supposed to do other than violate the Repeals rule "for an undefined reason")

I'm pretty confident that there's a rule (other than Branding) against saying that your resolution's by "The National Congress of the Federal Republic of the South Pacific" rather than the World Assembly but I can't quite find it, so you'll have to be content with the above-mentioned infractions for the time being.

(OOC: The additional rule is “proposal basics”, stating that legislation must be written from the perspective of the GA. I would recommend that the author have a look at some passed resolutions, to get a feel for the format used in this chamber.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Return to General Assembly