NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 106 | Buaka, South Batoko | IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am

Killian Philippon: The Fatiman Federation is next in line to receive their points. They get…

23 points.

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:55 am

Killian Philippon: We're following that up with StrayaRoos! StrayaRoos, you've received…

21 points.

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:56 am

Killian Philippon: Norrp's time is here now, and they're getting…

45 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:59 am

Killian Philippon: Pemecutan, you're up next. You are now getting…

57 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:00 pm

Killian Philippon: And finally, at least for me, it's Toluiwa, who are getting…

52 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Killian Philippon: Alright, Mayka, it's your turn now.
Mayka Layaznaka: OK! Let's start off with Illdonya. Illdonya, you are getting from the public vote...

67 points, making you the new leader!

Last edited by South Batoko on Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:06 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Прєвет, Батоко Онци! Let's see how many points you, or rather we, got. South Batoko, you have received…

66 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:08 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Oh, 'brela! You're getting…

74 points, putting you at number 1!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:11 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Next on our list is the Alezian Union, who have been awarded…

84 points, making you our new leader!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:13 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Kalosia's here, and they're getting…

78 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Carrelie was last edition's winner. Can they pull it off again? Anyway, Carrelie, you have been given…

92 points, making you the new leader!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:18 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: We must go on however, and on we go to Aenglide. Aenglide, you have received from the public…

76 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:21 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Waisnor, it's your time to shine. You are now getting…

91 points, putting you on top!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Beepee, Beepee, Beepee, it's so fun to say, but was their entry fun for the public to give points to? Let's Bee-see…

A "ba-dum-tss" sound effect is faintly heard in the background.

Mayka Layaznaka: Beepee, the public has given you...

69 points!

A few faint laughs are audible.

Killian Philippon: Nice.

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:30 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: … Anyway, Uthossia! It's only your second time participating, and you're already doing so well! You should've told us your secrets back when we débuted, sheesh! And now, you're being awarded...

100 points, making you our new leader!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:33 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Next, we're going to Plangainer! At least, metaphorically. Plangainer, the public has given you…

87 points!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: We have two countries left to reveal their televotes. Who will win? The Achaean Republic,... Malta Comino Gozo... or Uthossia?...

A split screen of all three delegations in the green room is shown.

Mayka Layaznaka: The Achaean Republic, you came second with the juries, but will the televote push you over the edge? You have scored...

118 points, making you the new leader!

I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:50 pm

Mayka Layaznaka: Finally, the last set of televotes. Who will it be, the winner of the 106th WorldVision Song Contest? If Malta Comino Gozo scores at least 109 points with the televote, they win. But if they get any amount below that, the Achaean Republic wins. There's only one way to find out. How about you join me, Killian?
Killian Philippon: Sure!
Mayka Layaznaka: Malta Comino Gozo, the public has given you…

A very long split screen between the two delegations left is shown, paired with dramatic music.

Both: 112 POINTS, MAKING YOU THE WINNER OF THE 106TH WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST!

The audience erupts into applause and cheering. The camera focuses on Fakawi, who are beginning to tear up with joy as they thank everyone.

Killian Philippon: Come up on stage!

As Fakawi walk up on stage, the final scoreboard is shown one more time.

As Fakawi finally reach the stage, the camera changes focus to Claire Vandame, holding the trophy. She walks up to them, handing it over. Shortly after being given the trophy, Franġisku holds it up into the air, eliciting more cheering.

Mayka Layaznaka: Congratulations, Fakawi! Now, to celebrate their victory, let's hear their song one more time, shall we?
Last edited by South Batoko on Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:59 pm

As the band held their breath in anticipation so did the whole WorldVision audience. It was Malta Comino Gozo or the Achaean Republic. One of them would win. The hosts milked their chance at revealing the last set of televotes as the MCG delegation sat there, well sat isn't the right word, their legs shook, their arms were crossed behind their heads and even some paced up and down holding their faces.

The announcement came... "112 POINTS, MAKING YOU THE WINNER OF THE 106TH WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST!"

Fakawi leapt into the air with excitement! Hugs and kisses were exchanged and they even kissed the camera! The audience's cheers were deafening. They were the country's seventh winner. Not bad at all for WorldVision's smallest country! As Fakawi finally reached the stage, the camera changes focus to Claire Vandame, holding the trophy. She walks up to them, handing it over. Shortly after being given the trophy, Franġisku holds it up into the air, eliciting more cheering as confetti poured down. Franġisku Ross grabs the mic and the camera focuses on him. "Thank you so so much! This win is everything to us you have made us so happy! I cannot thank you enough!" He begins to cry and laugh as he wipes away a tear and his band swarms him for comfort. "Grazzi, Grazzi! Now get ready for tons of rock next edition! He laughs.

The camera view is from the very back right corner of the arena. The flicker of an old movie-like credit scene completely overlaps the entire stage's LED screens accompanied by the sound. The fast-moving crisp white lights flickered and just briefly illuminated the crowd. The camera cuts away to black.

The quite light-hearted beat kicks in. The camera is suspended above the stage looking downwards. A dirty white lonely spotlight appears and reveals Franġisku lying on the stage floor. Apart from that everything else is in darkness. Cocooned he is sealed in tight a straight jacket, his arms tucked up inside. Scribbled all over it were the words "Patient X" and "I am floating in and out of totally fine and dysfunctional".With a dazed and broad grin, he grins menacingly up at the camera and squirms. His hair is ruffled and gelled into spikes. His rosy red eye shadow glowed against his pale skin and drew the viewers into his earthy brown eyes. In those earthy hues was his soul, not in the way of those cheesy romance novels, so obsessed with lust, but with the kind of beauty that expands a moment into a personal eternity, a heaven you wish to be a part of.

Quite the sticky situation he has got himself into... but how did he get here? He frighteningly rolls his head trying to crack his neck before he begins to sing. Still grinning, finding the whole thing rather amusing, he rolls his eyes and begins to sing his story. He was quite the actor and totally in character portraying those movies of a "crazy person" locked up in some dingy asylum. The camera drops nearer slowly but surely. He shifts his body. His bare feet poked out the straight jacket rubbing against the floor of the stage. Whilst singing the last line he frantically tries to break free.,
Do you try to navigate?
Well let's get something straight
You're adrift from yourself and you just can't seem to clear your mind
Tensions will escalate
And you cannot tolerate
This corruption has decided to make a home in your hollow mind

The suspended camera lowers even more so we have an upper body half view of Franġisku and repeatedly draws ever nearer for each "Oh no no no" His devilish smile is still on show for the viewers. His glance, watched the camera the way a tiger watched its prey. He rolls his body side to side, struggling desperately trying to escape, his legs kicking, his head thrashing. Shuffling around for the last line, he winks to a camera positioned on the floor to his right. The camera suddenly cuts to black for the drumroll.

Oh no no no
In your corrupted mind
Out of time
In your corrupted mind
Oh no no no
Oh no no no

We up the tempo as the chorus begins. A straight-on-camera angle of the entire stage now reveals Franġisku off the floor with his arms free from his straight jacket prison. He's now at the centre edge of the stage gripping a vintage microphone with all his strength. Poignant neon blue lights light up the floor of the stage which is beginning to be flush with dry ice whilst the rest of the stage remains black. Our only glimpses of the rest of the band are their podiums lit with neon blue which lit them in a dull glow and the odd swirl of the strobe lights. Although mostly dark their suited-up figures were visible. Apart from Alwiġi who played the drums with vigour, the rest of the band on electric guitars stood there motionless. Their confident posture was almost menacing amongst the chaos of the lights that swirled around the stage and arena. On our left in the background was Louis in a dappled grey suit with a silky pink neckerchief loose around his tattoed neck. A scruffy strawberry blonde goatee adorned his mouth. Centre back was Alwiġi on drums dressed in a white suit and black formal shirt. With his sleeves rolled up, his half-sleeved tattooed and olive-skinned arms thrashed away at the drums. His wrists adorned with bracelets quivered and danced with each drum hit and on our back right was Andrew also on an electric guitar. His head and ears were hugged by a bushy and messy man bob which aligned with his chin. He is wearing a light grey suit with a white formal shirt. Dark grey eye shadow hid his eyes making his eyes look much larger and scarier amongst the shadows of the stage.

Each LED screen displays a glitching corrupted video file. The camera straight on bursts inward with some force spinning anticlockwise like a rollercoaster through a helix towards the stage for the last line "Close your mind, look away and carry on". He carried on singing with vigour and confidence.

Corruption is the total sign
A sign of the destruction of your lives
Don't act indestructible
Close your mind, look away and carry on

A golden flash and a quick drum roll introduce the next part of the chorus before the neon blue lights return. The camera is now close up to Franġisku giving us an upper body shot as the cameraman rushes left to right in front of him like an annoying wasp. He sang with grit and passion. It was raspy and pained but remained charming. As the camera swings to our right the brightness increases, and as it swings to our left it decreases showcasing the balance between sane and insane. With a crazed expression he watches the camera float around him whilst seizing the microphone and leaning forward, his left leg in front for balance. His beady eyes penetrated the camera lens.

I am floating in and out
Of totally fine and dysfunctional
My minds let loose now

Now floating on the periphery of his left, (our right) with the brightness just off two figures dressed all in black robes their faces masked in black too, grab Franġisku from behind as he finishes the line, locking his arms behind his back swinging him around to the right and the camera fades to black. Another "Just carry on" echoes out into the arena.

So close your mind, look away and carry on
Just carry on

The camera fades back in and Franġisku bent forward is sat in a wooden chair centre stage, still in his straight jacket. The tempo fades down again. The camera stays at an angle just off to his left side so we can see him all in the frame. Twisting and turning around his legs a grey ghostly fog dances. Although it looked ethereal and fragile, it packed a punch far above its weightlessness. It writhed and coiled with delight, its ghostly scarves wrapping the chair in a maze of mist. Disorientated and with a whispering tone he began to sing. Disorientation was part of the magic, part of the fascination of the new and interesting. When all this becomes normal, remember this moment and feel blessed. His head twitched ever so slightly like a malfunctioning robot which resonated well with the lyrics but robots were not what the band was referencing although it seemed like they were. Trapped in his corner the man's spark, despite the insanity inside him, still shines. Almost begging the camera now at this point with a dismal expression he explains he is just like the rest of "I am shiny just like you". The pressure in him builds.

Underneath, this metal skin
Not as tight - as this corner
That I - painted myself in,
I am shiny just like you

He rolls his head backwards and then back to normal. The drums build and the lights begin to flash. With no response and no one to set him free, he begins to get angry. The rational Franġisku was offline and the primitive Franġisku was emerging again. Suddenly his liberal opinions were gone, his ability for nuance and emotional generosity were gone too. He begins to wriggle about in his chair. The camera cuts to a shot of his hand tied behind his back as his hands curled into fists. As the verse progresses the drums build more and the lights begin to flash even more erratically. His sexy tone became more angry and raspy. The last line echoes out into the audience as we have a close-up shot of Alwiġi but only his arms and hands dramatically building up the chorus, which cuts away to Franġisku bursting free again, and back and forth very rapidly between Alwiġi and himself in time with the drum beat. As it does the camera fades into a slight sepia tone.

Just like you
Just like you
Just like you
Yeah
I'm just like you
I am like you
Just like you
Yeah...

We have a strobe of violent dazzling white spotlights whirl around the arena as we have a quick shot from the back of the arena. THE LED screens remain black. The stage lit in a furious golden glow enriched by the sepia effect. The band members sway behind Franġisku as he clunches the microphone whilst jumping up and down. Franġisku does a phenomenal job of amplifying the emotions being conveyed by the lyrics. His beady eyes stared into the cameras and erratic movements and finger-pointing at his head helped add to the vibe. At times his eyes were shut as he screamed the lyrics. The camera work becomes intensely chaotic as it clips from stage shots of the rest of the band and Franġisku interacting with them on their podiums before racing out from the stage over the crowd to shots of the eager crowd jumping, their arms waving above them. We clip between various shots of the crowd and to a shot of Louis from his right, who is now at the front of the stage. He takes no interest in the camera as he concentrates solely on his electric guitar.

A sign and destruction of your lives
Don't act indestructible
Close your mind, look away and carry on

More shots of the screaming crowd cut back to Franġisku as we have a jumble of shots from behind him, his side and then a close-up as he leans into the camera positioned in the audience right below him at the edge of the stage. The whole time he sang menacingly, almost possessed, his immaculate vocals soared.

I am floating in and out
Of totally fine and dysfunctional!

The camera cuts away to Alwiġi on drums as he plays with abandon before it cuts back to a close-up of Franġisku as he actresses the mic seductively his head tilted back, as the fog floats around him eerily. He clasps at his hair while singing "Close your mind". The whole time the lights around him shimmer slowly between off and on while a moody white spotlight remains on him.

My minds let loose now

The lights flash menacingly like lightning as the two hooded and cloaked figures emerge from behind Franġisku again yanking him into the darkness. The beat fades into an explosion of an awesome drum solo from Alwiġi, merged into an electric guitar solo from Andrew which invoked cheers from the crowd. The camera buzzes around him like a bee as he has his moment in the spotlight. An eery and haunting La la la la la la echoes out into the arena. Franġisku's hysterical smiling face in a straight jacket appears on the back LED screen. We have various quick chaotic shots of each band member playing their instruments seriously with none of them looking at the camera floating around them. Franġisku's spoken vocals ring out as the camera cuts to a shot from the back of the hall showing the entire stage amongst the chaos. The lights rush around like helicopter searchlights searching for a criminal. The message was powerful and profound. The figure on the screen struggles and shuffles and finally breaks free of his straight jacket prison as the lights plunge to black.

I am a corrupt transmission
Just a load of damaged information
A slave living under this error

The camera reconvenes as we see Franġisku has reappeared in the middle of the arena in a parting created by the audience, to loud cheers. Franġisku was reckless and always tested the limits with his live performances. A lot of rehearsals had gone into making sure this was timed perfectly. Illuminated in a white spotlight he grins to the camera in front. Out of his straight jacket, we can see he's wearing a formal black and white horizontal-striped suit. His vocals are calm as he gulps for breaths after each line, preparing his vocal cords for the last chorus and run. He takes a few tender steps forward. In his free hand, a Malta Comino Gozoan flag ready to wave. A quick cut to a drum roll cuts back to Franġisku as the camera pans outwards as the crowd rushes inwards enclosing him as he sprints forward his flag waved behind him to cheers.

Try to think however hard you do
This false information begins to screw you
We won't be held responsible for what happens to your kind

The camera amongst the erratic swirling spotlights carries on panning out and up at an angle as he sprints towards the stage. We cut to a shot just below the edge of the stage as he vaults onto the stage to join the rest for the second line. He spins to face the audience. His sensual vocals soared as he gave it his all. The effort he gave was phenomenal, especially after running to the stage. The LED screens violently strobe an off-white. Then came the wind machine with some force which blew against him as he lunged forward. Accompanied by various head bangs he thrashed and wandered around the stage and engaged the audience. For the last line, we switch between him and a frontal shot of Alwiġi on drums rapidly as we build into the next verse.

A sign and destruction of your lives
Don't act indestructible
Close your mind, look away and carry on!

He crumples to his knees as the close-up camera switched to a ghostly black and white. The lights flash violently around him giving him an excessively spooky and frightening appearance, his eyes cast in shadow barely visible, his speaking white teeth shimmering. His head bangs violently again. He jolts back up to his feet and drills his left index finger into the side of his head. With an evil smug smirk, you know, that creepy sinister kinda smile that makes a person look deranged, he glared into the oncoming camera but behind that icy stare was a mountain of pain as he sang from deep within.

I am floating in and out
Of totally fine and dysfunctional!

The camera pulls out from Franġisku as he straightens up and then gets back to his feet and gold confetti strands begin to rain down. The strobe lighting is blinding to the point the entire arena pulses with brilliant and flashing lights. The rest of the band plays their instruments to the extreme. The camera cuts to the middle of the arena and pans forward back to Franġisku whose clutching the vintage microphone violently as he leans it forward. His eyes were ablaze and his face pained as he belched out the last lines. The spotlights convene on him as he sways the microphone stand one last time before a shot of Pyros shoots into the air with a bang, ending the song.

Don't act indestructible

Ecstatic applause erupts immediately as we cut to an upper-body shot of Franġisku. His face dripped with sweat he breathed heavily. His shoulders rose and fell with each breath as he soaked in the cheers, the rest of the band appear behind him and playfully ruffled his hair. Franġisku let out a sweet little smile. The band close in on him jumping about before concealing him a tight hug! The camera cuts to an aerial shot of the audience as "MCG" chants rang out through the e-Hall. Flags waved in every single part of the arena. We cut back to the stage. "Thank you," Franġisku says modestly before bowing and then blowing a kiss. WorldVision win, TICK! They had done it!
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates