NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Broken Issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Glorious Wakanda
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

[DRAFT] The Broken Issue

Postby Glorious Wakanda » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Im trying to make my first issue, any advice is welcome!

[Validity] Computers aren't outlawed

[Description] After arriving in your desk in the morning and trying to turn on your computer, the unexpected occurs, it consistently stays off, even before being able to contact the I.T multiple ministers invade your room to express their opinions on the problem.

[Option 1] "It isn't easy to have so many computers with such a minuscule budget", affirms @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, your secretary, "We need a larger budget for the maintenance, if we don't do anything soon enough we will be moving back to the ages of pen and paper!"

[Fallout] IT teams account for half of civil employees.

[Option 2] "What is the problem with using pen and paper?", Asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, Your cousin from the countryside that nobody really knows how entered the room, "When @@NAME@@ limited itself to the good old methods as we did not have the problem of worrying about those dysfunctional machines, ban once and for all those computers and end this headache!"

[Fallout] Scribe is overtaking IT as a job.

[Option 3] "Why should we return to the neolithic when we have to develop better technologies ?", Asks your Minister of Technology, "Those computers use tech made ages ago! Give me a fat budget and you won't suffer from those hindrance ever again."

[Fallout] The bureaucracy definitions have been updated.

[Option 4] "It isn't easy to develop new technologies while we are still isolated from the globe", says your Minister of Market with a melancholic tone, "The computers of the United Federation are fifteen times more powerful than any other from @@NATION@@, please @@LEADER@@, open the commerce and we will substitute those computers in a week."

[Fallout] The @@NATION@@ intelligence agency uses foreign computers.

[Validation] The nation have Autarky policy.

[Option 5] "All of that seems rather pricy", analyzes your Minister of Finance, "Many computers in perfect state are being thrown away into the trash year by year, we could recicle parts and put them into our computers... "

[Fallout] Garbage collectors are now considered important for the national development.

[Option 6] "Spies! Spies everywhere!", Screams your Minister of Intelligence, while enters the room after knocking down the door and throwing two guards into the ground, "That was clearly a cybernetic attack made by Blackacre, with your permission @@LEADER@@, we shall make a counter-attack."

[Fallout] @@NATION@@ performs cyberattacks whenever a computer crashes.
Last edited by Glorious Wakanda on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:04 pm

Computers fail all the time. Unless it's a constant problem, let the IT department deal with it.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Glorious Wakanda
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glorious Wakanda » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:51 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Computers fail all the time. Unless it's a constant problem, let the IT department deal with it.

It's a constant problem that can be noted on option 1, the IT doesnt have enough funding, but maybe its better to be more explicit?

Glorious Wakanda
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glorious Wakanda » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:31 am

Upon arriving at your office in the morning for work and turning on your computer, it fails again for the fourth time in a week, after waiting more than five hours for the IT team, a group of ministers begin to gather in your office.

Is this better?

Return to Got Issues?