NATION

PASSWORD

Gala Metiochidon [IC/Sign-ups]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 am

Seleucid Pergamon wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:When Thomas began explaining the accomplishments of Seleucus Megas, Pimen nodded in affirmation. "That's quite impressive. It's amazing how he managed to accomplish that in a single lifetime." He gestured towards Antioch with his chin as he spoke, before continuing: "You must have seen some remarkable things in your travels around the world, Antioch. Anything you'd like to share?"

Antioch had been listening in the background. He, too, was a lover of history and culture. Unlike Pimen, however, he could be more succinct in his historical accounts. As Thomas finished speaking and Pimen posed his question to him, he took a deep breath before answering: "I have indeed seen many things as I explored the corners of the Metiochid Empire." He looked at Seleucus V's statue once more before continuing: "My duties as Diarcesia's apostle to the Pergamonians has made it possible for me to visit many places where I get to work together with the government and their projects." He turned around to face Pimen. "I have also had the opportunity to meet many wonderful people like yourselves."

Pimen acknowledged the compliment. He understood what he was getting at, but still felt that there was more that he could say. "Antioch," he began, looking into his eyes while putting a hand on his shoulder and staring him in the eye, "no matter where you go or who you meet, I know deep inside of your heart you will always remember us as friends." He kindly replied, hugging and patting the apostle's back with both hands.

"You know me so well," Antioch reacted to the archon's sudden actions. "To think of it now after all these years... I am truly grateful for our friendship!" And turning to Thomas and Zacaharoula, who were watching the scene, he added, "I'm sure that you too have made many friends from Diarcesia, just like me!"

Thomas & Zacharoula Vasocpolou

Standing together, Thomas and Zacharoula let their smiles form. During their time in Diarcesia, the couple managed to befriend contemporaries on their trip with the delegation. Both can recall the moment they first met Pimen and Antioch, and to see this camaraderie displayed between the two again, they hoped to have another unwinding mingling like the last time, except the excessive consumption of wine.

Flashback: The Sirenocastrum
Eucaria, Dieresis of Palaeodiarcesia
Diarcesia

In the 17th century baroque-style building that formerly served as a seaside fortress, the opening address of a maritime convention continued "...The accomplishments of Diarcesia's shipbuilding industry is a long list of marvels of engineering. Our ships are some of the most advanced in all aspects, from speed to weaponry and sea navigation. The Diarcesians can travel anywhere they like without fear of getting lost on the open seas, and the Diarcesian navy is second to none in all of our most satisfied customers. Being a maritime nation, Diarcesia's freedom and prosperity depends on that. By working together with other nations, we can make sure that fruitful cooperation, knowledge sharing, and economic opportunities will continue for centuries to come."

The delegates applauded in response to the speaker's closing remarks. The convention was about to begin in earnest. Though their purposes were all separate, this chance encounter brought together Pimen (representing his dieresis's business owners), Antioch (seeking to connect to other countries looking to buy ships), and the Vascopolou couple (in official company business). As part of a bid for Thanassis Vascopolou & Sons to invest in the various maritime companies, all of them were part of a tour of some of the shipyards and ports of southern Diarcesia.

"Oh, definitely," Thomas replied, "There are several bankers and politicians that we have formed friendships with. Even one of the bankers that calls us frequently and has quite the enthusiasm. Do you remember, Zacharoula?"

Zacharoula laughed and reminisced. The attitude certainly made her relive for a while.

"He was a great entertainer, and hosts some of the most fun parties I have ever witnessed," she answered, "But, of course, they can never beat you two," she chuckled, "Anyways, Mr. Antioch, you said that you have explored corners of the Metiochid Empire. Given the theme of this gala, where in its former territories did you visit? Mesopotamia, Tocharia, Tangut, Oman, Magyaria? Speaking of which, we and our family visited the ruins of Seleucia on the Istros in Magyaria. Probably, one of my favorite ancient Metiochid ruins there."

"Sounds amazing. I haven't visited Seleucia on the Istros yet, but recently, I have been to Oman and the first Seleucia in Mesopotamia. Given the time and resources available to me, I plan on going to Magyaria someday. Also, your fondness for history is admirable."

Camilla interjected with one of her antics: "Ah, it is a difficult but wonderful subject. We have had to learn so much of the history and culture of our partners in trade that sometimes I feel like my head will explode."
Last edited by Diarcesia on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 pm

Seleucid Pergamon wrote:Neofytos Nassakis

The imagination in his mind worked out like clockwork as he processed the synopses of the two book series. Neofytos narrowed his eyes and put his hand shaped in a loose fist on his mouth, as if to prevent any external forces from perturbing the smooth stream of images. He nodded, keeping the same stare like that of nonchalance with a hint of snobbery. Little did she notice that a smile formed, accompanied by hums of acknowledgement. The hums were not one of condemnation, but of keen interest. Once she asked if he was interested, a bigger grin formed.

"I like the sound of them all," Neofytos replied, "A trio of little sorceresses and a band of warriors partaking adventures from their guild? Both make me want to go on an arduous adventure already! You can send me copies of these books at a time of your choosing, little missy. I'll give them a read when I'm back at the office."

He then observed the hall.

"By the way, you're not the only one from your country attending this event, or...?"

I exhaled quietly, I really hope I spaced my words in between my summaries of the stories and asking if he was interested. It was hard to read him, he was keeping his cool. It honestly reminded of my very first pitch meeting with Alden Books, my current publisher. Largely considered a vanity outfit, not as ritzy and steeped in tradition as Regal Publishing, one of the larger outfits in Abetton yet still I was met with skepticism there about my ability and quality. But my fears were relieved when he smiled, that's a good sign right? I smiled back, "I'll be delighted to send you copies then." In one swoop I actually ordered off the shelf retail copies for him. I guess I could have sent a digital copy of my manuscript but somehow my mind didn't connect to those dots but oh well, what's a few Florins when my family is already wealthy? "Terrific. I've got the first two on the way we can hopefully start from there and work our way through more if they do well." I really felt like calling Dani back and telling her the news but I figured I best wait. "Only one here? Well as far as I know, I'm the only one from Abetton here but I don't really know, I came by myself actually." Strange question I thought, could there be someone else here? Maybe even nobility or royalty?

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:57 am

Seleucid Pergamon wrote:
Both chuckled at the witty question put forward by Constantino. The thought of them serving in the tourism industry sounded both amusing and fitting. With their elaborations striking an impression, they could be made into stellar employees in that field of work.

"Here, it's called the Department of Tourism," Ira replied, still chuckling, "But, however, I have a better job. Field archaeologist. That means I get to participate in excavations situated in a far-off country. And that is more adventurous."

"I believe that only the exhibits on this floor are open to the guests at this hour. They deal with artifacts and history regarding ancient Pergamon and the War of the Skyric League. And might I say, the dioramas in the middle of the rooms look absolutely fantastic. You can gaze at them for hours, and you wouldn't notice that much time has already passed," replied Qian Yuhan.

"The Museum has done much to produce them with meticulous detail and historical accuracy. To be honest, I'm really impressed. Maybe I should have this as a project to torture my students," Ira jested.

"Are you both interested in visiting one or both of these exhibits right now? We still have some time before they call us in," Yuhan asked.

“We can?” Constantino smiled. “That sounds like a nice idea.” He felt a pull on his arm.

Margot’s black lips neared his right ear, “You sure you want to do this now? There’s still a lot of people to meet.” her whispers tickled him, he smiled.

Just a quick look around, Dauphine. Then we’ll say hi to whoever you want. Oui?

Margot departed from his gaze and sighed, looking to the other two.

“We will follow you.” Constantino would follow their lead.

The Pinelands
Attaché

Founded: Sep 28, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Pinelands » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:08 am

Saterun wrote:
"Yes, well, it helps to have someone here who knows what they're doing, and who's not just here for entertainment and publicity. That is, after all, the reason Haji is here. Excuse me, I meant my Emir, as his official title is. He seems to be over at the other side of the bar. I'm starting to get rather parched myself, in fact. Hopefully I can something to drink. There also seems to be a few foreign dignitaries that I should probably introduce myself to. Care to come with?"

The Pinelander Resident Representative wasn't very responsive to what the Sultan had to say, in this instance, smiling a mute smile and a few small nods to give some indication that Emilie was at least attempting to listen along... Granted, she perked up somewhat upon Selim mentioning the bar, and she let a mute, polite laugh escape her lips in direct response to her current acquaintance's mention of "introducing (himself) to a few foreign dignitaries".

As for when Sultan Marja offered Emilie to join him in taking oneself towards the bar, she thought to herself in a nonchalant manner; "Sure, why not?" and thus responded with

Emilie Lindahl: "For the time being, since I have nowhere to be in this instant, I can oblige... Shall we?"

Your post, Saterun, as you asked for
My apologies if this seems a bit short, I just don't know how to continue this lest I intrude and force something without your hearsay

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:42 pm

Sergey Mikhailovich Ikemoto
Basileus Seleucus Megas Museum of History and Antiquities

"With your permission, Ambassador," Ikemoto said.
"Granted," Adamson replied. At that, the attaché handed a flash drive containing the known order of battle for New Luzon as it came during the opening days of the War. As it stood, the Visayans know that His Philippine Majesty’s Armed Forces had committed six Army divisions, a Navy Task Force, and the Constabulary's Independent Action Detachment—estimated to be of brigade strength, to the front. Rumors of foreign assistance were rife, but it would not be substantiated at the moment; in addition to intelligence reports and intercepts, the drive contained evaluations of New Luzon's command structure and doctrine.
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Obrela
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Obrela » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:10 am

Princess Seiko

Seiko stood outside the elegant white facade, lit up in shades of azure and red. Her car had just driven off, and she had been left standing outside the grand museum alone. Her dark blue sleeveless dress fell to her ankles and was accented by gold embroidery and mesh. She felt her hands sweat as she looked over at the open doors, hearing the other nobles and visitors milling around inside the hall. Feeling a sick feeling in her stomach, she walked up the white staircase and entered the building.
Rated a 92.2 on the International LGBTQ+ Rights Index.
4th Place in RTC U18 World Cup XVIII

19th at WorldVision 105 (Debut)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Main of Galordia Minun
Pronouns site: https://en.pronouns.page/@Cinderspirit

Katase
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Katase » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:31 am

Seleucid Pergamon wrote:Dimitroula & Nikolas Vasocpolou

"Then, follow me, my young companions," Dimi ordered as she swung her arm to the direction of the exhibits opposite them.

Dimi and Nikolas lead the pair of young princesses to the exhibit on ancient Pergamon, displaying a snippet of the nation's history comprising the first settlements to its status as a city-state. The exhibit cases displayed their artifacts proudly with a clean, fine glass, like servants of a palace welcoming distinguished visitors. Indeed, one can find fondness with their sight fixated. However, another set of cases present a creation that can get adults and children to stay long and stare. The exquisite dioramas of scenes relative to the exhibit's theme amplified the imaginative travel back in time. With its high quality production, one could see the people, weather, smoke and all as if they were actually playing out a excerpt of their story. This was something that would particularly capture the attention of the princesses.

"One of my favorite things about this Museum," Dimi indicated with a smile as she stared at the diorama of pre-Skyric League Pergamon, "So much put into this. The miniature people, the buildings, oxen, carts, everything. Sculpted, painted, and placed with precision and beauty. I could stare at these all day, as if I'm watching them play out their lives from above. It's amazing. Have you girls ever tried to make a diorama of something?"

The young Princesses took to following their new found friends to the first exhibit. An impressive display it was. The Princesses both audibly "oooh" albeit softly but it was within perfect earshot. "Wow it's so amazing looking" Momiji concured

"The quality craftsmanship, the level of detail, it's like some of the model kits Hiro and Kuni like to work on." Yuki agreed, still keeping her eyes firmly on every little detail of the diorama.

"Our younger siblings," Momiji filled in if they were curious then continued to answer their question, "We did try making one for school, it didn't go so well. A lot of glue, paint, glitter and tears later we managed a passing score but ours wasn't so good."

Yuki continued, "Pretty sure to this day, Fujikawa-san and Suenobu-san --"

"Our Maidens" Momiji interjected again and Yuki finished off, "They still find glitter in the bathtub."

"And that's our story of a couple of artistically challenged twin Princesses." Momiji sighed "At least we can please our dear mother by perfecting floral arrangements."

Seleucid Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucid Pergamon » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:46 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Flashback: The Sirenocastrum
Eucaria, Dieresis of Palaeodiarcesia
Diarcesia

In the 17th century baroque-style building that formerly served as a seaside fortress, the opening address of a maritime convention continued "...The accomplishments of Diarcesia's shipbuilding industry is a long list of marvels of engineering. Our ships are some of the most advanced in all aspects, from speed to weaponry and sea navigation. The Diarcesians can travel anywhere they like without fear of getting lost on the open seas, and the Diarcesian navy is second to none in all of our most satisfied customers. Being a maritime nation, Diarcesia's freedom and prosperity depends on that. By working together with other nations, we can make sure that fruitful cooperation, knowledge sharing, and economic opportunities will continue for centuries to come."

The delegates applauded in response to the speaker's closing remarks. The convention was about to begin in earnest. Though their purposes were all separate, this chance encounter brought together Pimen (representing his dieresis's business owners), Antioch (seeking to connect to other countries looking to buy ships), and the Vascopolou couple (in official company business). As part of a bid for Thanassis Vascopolou & Sons to invest in the various maritime companies, all of them were part of a tour of some of the shipyards and ports of southern Diarcesia.

"Sounds amazing. I haven't visited Seleucia on the Istros yet, but recently, I have been to Oman and the first Seleucia in Mesopotamia. Given the time and resources available to me, I plan on going to Magyaria someday. Also, your fondness for history is admirable."

Camilla interjected with one of her antics: "Ah, it is a difficult but wonderful subject. We have had to learn so much of the history and culture of our partners in trade that sometimes I feel like my head will explode."

Thomas & Zacharoula Vasocpolou

"Same here. I feel like my brain's bleeding already," Thomas chuckled.

Zacharoula viewed the time on her smartwatch. It was 6:50.

"We got about five minutes until the main entourage of the gala arrives," she interjected, "What do you all wish we do to kill this small baggage of time?"

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
“We can?” Constantino smiled. “That sounds like a nice idea.” He felt a pull on his arm.

Margot’s black lips neared his right ear, “You sure you want to do this now? There’s still a lot of people to meet.” her whispers tickled him, he smiled.

Just a quick look around, Dauphine. Then we’ll say hi to whoever you want. Oui?

Margot departed from his gaze and sighed, looking to the other two.

“We will follow you.” Constantino would follow their lead.

Qian Yuhan & Ira Calliope Procopiopoulou

"To the ancient Pergamon exhibit, then," Yuhan smiled.

She gestured Ira to lead them forward to their designation. Upon entering, they can picture the reactions of their new companions by just their tone. They both smiled at the sound as they stood.

"What did I tell you," Ira emphasized.

As they were about to walk over to take a closer view, Yuhan spotted a familiar set of siblings accompanying what appears to be twin sisters. Excusing herself, Yuhan sauntered over to the group while Ira coupled herself with Margot and Constantino.

"Dimi and Nick, isn't it? Hadn't expected you two to check the sights out," she greeted as she observed the two sisters, "And who might you two be? And lovely choice of fashion, if I must say!"

New Visayan Islands wrote:Sergey Mikhailovich Ikemoto

"With your permission, Ambassador," Ikemoto said.
"Granted," Adamson replied. At that, the attaché handed a flash drive containing the known order of battle for New Luzon as it came during the opening days of the War. As it stood, the Visayans know that His Philippine Majesty’s Armed Forces had committed six Army divisions, a Navy Task Force, and the Constabulary's Independent Action Detachment—estimated to be of brigade strength, to the front. Rumors of foreign assistance were rife, but it would not be substantiated at the moment; in addition to intelligence reports and intercepts, the drive contained evaluations of New Luzon's command structure and doctrine.

Tilemachos Antonias & Kiriakos Michaelellis

Both the Foreign Affairs Minister and the General observed the flash drive being handed over by Adamson. They eyed each other from the sight, a quiet astonishment filling their minds.

"May I inquire as to what this contains? If it means being assassinated to keep secret, I'll take the risk," Kiriakos jested.

Obrela wrote:Princess Seiko

Seiko stood outside the elegant white facade, lit up in shades of azure and red. Her car had just driven off, and she had been left standing outside the grand museum alone. Her dark blue sleeveless dress fell to her ankles and was accented by gold embroidery and mesh. She felt her hands sweat as she looked over at the open doors, hearing the other nobles and visitors milling around inside the hall. Feeling a sick feeling in her stomach, she walked up the white staircase and entered the building.

Mangjeol Son-ha

Beautiful with an domineering aura, Son-ha is a businessperson whom foolish counterparts would not want to mess with.

The chief operating officer of one of Joyonghea's largest conglomerates, Hamgeup-Dongnan General Industries, excused herself from her siblings to get another appetizer and roam among the crowd. Sauntering from the bar, she spotted another newcomer to the lavish assembly. She redirected herself, and stood before her.

"Fine dress for this evening, miss," she commented, "Mangheol Son-ha, chief operating officer of Hamgeup-Dongnan General Industries. And yourself?"

She put on a stern visage as she continued to observe the guest. Already, she could make out a bout of intimidation.

Katase wrote:The young Princesses took to following their new found friends to the first exhibit. An impressive display it was. The Princesses both audibly "oooh" albeit softly but it was within perfect earshot. "Wow it's so amazing looking" Momiji concured

"The quality craftsmanship, the level of detail, it's like some of the model kits Hiro and Kuni like to work on." Yuki agreed, still keeping her eyes firmly on every little detail of the diorama.

"Our younger siblings," Momiji filled in if they were curious then continued to answer their question, "We did try making one for school, it didn't go so well. A lot of glue, paint, glitter and tears later we managed a passing score but ours wasn't so good."

Yuki continued, "Pretty sure to this day, Fujikawa-san and Suenobu-san --"

"Our Maidens" Momiji interjected again and Yuki finished off, "They still find glitter in the bathtub."

"And that's our story of a couple of artistically challenged twin Princesses." Momiji sighed "At least we can please our dear mother by perfecting floral arrangements."

Dimitroula "Dimi" & Nikolas "Nick" Vasocpolou

Dimi was satisfied with their reactions. Dioramas as perfect as the ones they are currently observing is a perfect tool to attract children like them to explore more of the museum's collection. Certainly, a hobby that she thanked God for, despite the struggles she went through on projects. Absorbing the little tale Yuki and Momiji recounted, she could not help but conceal her chuckle and shake her head, and let out a bout of laughter as they mentioned the bathtub.

"They should appreciate the fact that you're indirectly trying to make the tub fancy," she replied, "And I do love floral arrangements, especially out in the garden when it is nice and warm. How often do you girls partake in the activity?"

As they answered, Yuhan came in like a moving statue, which startled Dimi and grasped the attention of Nick.

"Well, Mrs. Yuhan! And I didn't expect you to arrive here," Dimi nervously chuckled, wondering if she also frightened the twins.

"Greetings, Mrs. Yuhan," Nick replied back, as if coming out of the blue.

As Yuhan eyed the twins, Dimi let the pair introduce themselves.
A modern princedom situated in one of the oldest Greek cities in history
Ruled by the descendants of the ancient Seleucid dynasty

EMBASSY PROGRAM HERE: Link

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:27 am

Hilarion Adamson II

"You will find in that drive what we know of the forces our northern neighbors have brought to bear in this war," Adamson replied. "In addition, there are additional analyses and pieces of information we have been able to piece together from what we already know." That some of the takes were sanitized from VIA sources that had managed to evade compromise was a given, especially when it came to Independent Action Detachment South, the Constabulary unit with nominal jurisdiction over the irridenta—the term used by New Luzon for the territories that would become both the Confederation and the Bangsamoro People’s Republic further south. Common to New Filipino equipment deployed was the use of a stylized two-headed eagle; in late 2019, a similar emblem was first seen in public use on New Luzon’s Royal Guard, its guidons sporting a two-headed eagle that looked like it was derived from the Philippine Eagle.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates