NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Questions

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:46 am

The Daily Question Magazine Version #29 from the 09.01.2022.
Thanks to the Federation of Vanguard for the question :D

Daily Question #29: Happy Birthday!
Has your nation or leader received gifts?
Was it a simple birthday present? A political present? With what thoughts was the gift given? (with love or with deceit?) Did it have special consequences? (maybe even the death of the leader?) Was it big? Valuable? Unnecessary? How was the gift received? (with joy? with rejection? with distrust?)

Explanations:
For more information: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1772808
Or a short explanation:
How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations, or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the Forum.

And does it count as grave digging? It would be really sad!
Last edited by Lionsroar on Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meow together!
You don't need to know more

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:07 am

Receiving gifts on your birthday is not a usual custom in Tangatarehua and this is even more the case for the Empress, who already one of the wealthiest people in the country.

Generally the opposite happens on her birthday, in that she will instruct a certain (often large) amount of money from her personal finances to be gifted to the poor or given to any charities that she considers (or has been advised) is worthy.

It's rare for her to receive foreign visitors directly and therefore rare to receive diplomatic gifts but usually if they are they are kept somewhere in the palace or else displayed publicly (as usually the only gifts she receives are ones that symbolise friendship with a foreign nation, or medals, etc.)

Other public officials, including the Rangatira, are forbidden from receiving gifts due to the country's extremely strict anti-corruption laws, with some exceptions made for obvious diplomatic gifts or awards.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

1 May 2024
News: Restauranteur fined $100 after serving human meat to customers | Imperial Tangatarehua Health System blasted over "dangerously long" waiting times | Latest financial report shows inflation down, unemployment up | Weather: Tamaki  ☀ 20°C | Whakaara ☁ 15°C | Wharekorana ☁ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ 29°C | Kotiropai ☀ 20°C | Rakipa ☀ 21°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 14°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Jermar James
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2022
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Jermar James » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:22 am

Lionsroar wrote:The Daily Question Magazine Version #29 from the 09.01.2022.

Was it a simple birthday present? A political present? With what thoughts was the gift given? (with love or with deceit?) Did it have special consequences? (maybe even the death of the leader?) Was it big? Valuable? Unnecessary? How was the gift received? (with joy? with rejection? with distrust?)

Explanations:
Or a short explanation:
How does it work? I plan to ask you a different question about your nation every day. You can answer (or not) and learn about other nations, or expand your own nation with the help of these questions (worldbuilding). It's just a little game to get some more variety and fun into the Forum.

(Welcome back, Alex! I was worried you weren't going to have any more questions for us.)

President for Life Jermar James received a gold-plated Mercedes Benz on his birthday.
This nation does not reflect my real-life views.

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:48 pm

Her Unholy Majesty, Amaterasu, receives many gifts on a number of occasions (though quite ironically, not often on her birthday). Running down the calendar, there are quite a few reasons for her to receive gifts:
  • March 14th, White Day — The empress usually receives chocolate as a romantic gesture from his highness, the emperor, among other gifts. This is also a popular time for (usually misguided) love letters to be sent to members of the imperial family. Any chocolate the empress and princesses miraculously can’t handle gets passed around by the staff.
  • April 1st, Amaterasu’s Birthday — The empress hasn’t really celebrated her own birthday since her youngest daughter was born on April 4th, but that hasn’t stopped her family from buying her small gifts on the day of. She’s appreciative, but would still like everyone to focus on Young Princess Kara’s upcoming party.
  • 2nd Sunday of May, Mother’s Day — Amaterasu is the proud mother of four children who love her to varying degrees. She always receives a gift from each child and sometimes her husband, and likewise gets a gift for her own mother. She secretly keeps a note of the best Mother’s Day gifts she’s received from each child. Crown Princess Mayu restored Amaterasu’s classic motorcycle for her (2006). Amaterasu rarely has time to ride it anymore, but it reminds her of when she and her husband were dating. He wishes he had thought of that. Elder Prince Kaku gave her a mug that said “#2,408,917 MOM” (2012). The two haven’t been very close since an argument years ago, but in a nation of >60,000,000, it’s his not-very-endearing way of saying she’s an above average mother. Plus, it’s the highest he’s rated her yet, so they’re getting closer together. Young Prince Ōku gifted her a hand-drawn portrait of the family together after his little sister’s birth (2007). Contrary to the annual portrait made of the family for posterity, this depicts the family all together in the hospital room. Ōku’s exceptional art skills have always been excellent at capturing detail, but the fact it was humbly made with a 128-pack of crayons makes it a little more special to the empress. Young Princess Kara got her a little stuffed animal fox (2011). The empress has a secret soft spot for small, cute things, and it looks like the princess a little.
  • August 8th, Wedding Anniversary — The wedding was based on old fox wedding traditions, but they still celebrate the anniversary like humans do. The emperor usually buys her a nice piece of jewelry, and the empress usually buys him something just as nice, like a back massager. The rest of the day is entirely for them.
  • 3rd Monday of September, Respect for the Elderly Day — Elder Prince Kaku gifts the empress a silver sake cup, a gift for honoring people who have reached and survived their life expectancy (100yrs in humans). The empress is 39 and he just does this to piss her off.
  • November 29th or December 2nd, Coronation Day — The coronation wouldn’t normally be a day anyone receives gifts, but Amaterasu somewhat treats this as her birthday instead of in April. Officially, she receives gifts from leaders of the states of the Yomese Empire in December, when she was actually publicly coronated, but some opt for November, when it was first announced she took the throne. Sometimes they are personal gifts, but they are also sometimes gifts to the nation, such as resources and materiel.
  • December 23rd, Treasuring Day — A legally distinct holiday on the winter solstice in no way connected to the religions of countries the empress may have visited, Treasuring Day is a time to show your appreciation for the people around you by giving gifts. Everyone gets gifts from everyone on this day, including Amaterasu. Gifts to her from the public are checked for safety, sorted through, and whatever she doesn’t keep is donated to an appropriate age group.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:21 am

New question coming probably next week :D

Still open for answers!
Last edited by Lionsroar on Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 am

Reserved for the question #30
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:45 am

It's coming soon :D
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:48 am

Okay, it's gonna be posted this weekend ...

Finally!
Meow together!

The real goddamn Santa Claus
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 24, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The real goddamn Santa Claus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Lionsroar wrote:Daily Question #29: Happy Birthday!

Last year, when Santa was delivering presents on Christmas Eve, a little girl named Trudy Lightstone left him a plate of homemade cookies and a glass of skim milk. Santa was a bit put-off by the milk (he hates skim), but he thought the cookies were delicious and a thoughtful, sweet gesture. Granted, literally millions of households left cookies and milk for him, but this one just felt extra special.
Weihnachtsmann. Julenissen. Shèngdàn Laorén. Babbo Natale, Père Noel, Kris Kringle. Jolly old Saint Nick. People call me a lot of things.

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lionsroar » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:59 am

The Daily Question Magazine Version #30 from the 28.01.2023.
I'm back like promised :D

Daily Question #30: More like a writing prompt?
What technology has greatly impacted daily life in your nation?
Self-explanatory ...

Explanations:

Or a short explanation:
Meow together!

Lionsroar
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

The End!

Postby Lionsroar » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:03 am

Dear worldbuilders,

I am writing to officially announce the end of the Daily Questions project. Although it has not been active for some time now, I feel it's important to bring closure to this chapter. Throughout the project, 30 different questions were posed to inspire and guide your worldbuilding pursuits.

It was a labor of love that consumed a lot of time, creativity, and effort, but unfortunately, it has reached a point where it is no longer possible to continue. However, I encourage all of you to continue asking and answering questions, and there may still be occasional questions in the future.

I want to take a moment to express my gratitude for your support throughout the Daily Questions project. Your participation and engagement made this project what it was and I am deeply appreciative of your contributions.

So, let's bid farewell to the Daily Questions project and move forward to new and exciting worldbuilding adventures. I wish you all the best and continued success in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Lionsroar
Last edited by Lionsroar on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meow together!

Alex the Lion
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alex the Lion » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:23 pm

Lionsroar wrote:Dear worldbuilders,

I am writing to officially announce the end of the Daily Questions project. Although it has not been active for some time now, I feel it's important to bring closure to this chapter. Throughout the project, 30 different questions were posed to inspire and guide your worldbuilding pursuits.

It was a labor of love that consumed a lot of time, creativity, and effort, but unfortunately, it has reached a point where it is no longer possible to continue. However, I encourage all of you to continue asking and answering questions, and there may still be occasional questions in the future.

I want to take a moment to express my gratitude for your support throughout the Daily Questions project. Your participation and engagement made this project what it was and I am deeply appreciative of your contributions.

So, let's bid farewell to the Daily Questions project and move forward to new and exciting worldbuilding adventures. I wish you all the best and continued success in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Lionsroar

Nooooooo! :'(
Mum, give me zebra meat and then I'll stop puking on your things!

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:27 am

Lionsroar wrote:Dear worldbuilders,

Sincerely,

Lionsroar

OOC: I'm terribly sad to hear this, as this was a really wonderful thread. Though I understand how difficult it is to run such a thing.

I'm answer the final question later, once I have more time.

Thank you for a great thread!
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

1 May 2024
News: Restauranteur fined $100 after serving human meat to customers | Imperial Tangatarehua Health System blasted over "dangerously long" waiting times | Latest financial report shows inflation down, unemployment up | Weather: Tamaki  ☀ 20°C | Whakaara ☁ 15°C | Wharekorana ☁ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ 29°C | Kotiropai ☀ 20°C | Rakipa ☀ 21°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 14°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Nigeriao Kingdom
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nigeriao Kingdom » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 am

Explanations:
Or a short explanation:

In Nigeriao ON someones's birthday you give a important bible that people in Nigeriao call Nigopa On ur 12th birthday. Since the presidents 30th birthday is tomorrow she will get the lastest laptop.
P.S. this rule is only for famous people
TIS IS A SIGNATURE

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:54 pm

Rhodevus as a nation has received many gifts, in the form of monuments and structures. I'm assuming in this case, this only counts as gifts if they are given without force. Rhodevus as an empire did receive many 'gifts' but those were more so items which were given to prevent war or something like that, so those don't count.

Queen Diana has received gifts before, but as it's technically illegal to give the monarch a gift (to make sure they aren't beholden to anyone else), there is a whole process where the person needs to give the gift to the government, and have them give it to the monarch. The most valuable gift that the Queen has 'received', was seven cars and SUVs for use in her travel and protection, by an allied government. As her old fleet of vehicles was quite old at that point, she was quite happy to have some new wheels
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information