NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Repeal: Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The United Sts of America
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Repeal: Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy

Postby The United Sts of America » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:17 pm

The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZING that General Assembly Resolution #571 was passed as a resolution to address the fundamental flaws present in General Assembly Resolution #467,

RECOGNIZING that General Assembly Resolution #571 has been successfully voted into the World Assembly as a resolution,

Submits the following stated in General Assembly Resolution #571, hereinafter referred to as GAR #571,
  1. "Recognising, however, that the resolution does not go far enough in ensuring that transgender individuals receive the medication they need, such as through the exclusion of puberty blockers from the definition of "hormone therapy"". As stated in GAR #571, GAR #467 has a lack of comprehensiveness as it contains fundamental flaws in it's resolution
  2. "Totally believing that a supplementary resolution is required to resolve these issues". With the successful passing of GAR #571, GAR #467 is no longer needed and serves as a redundant resolution present in the World Assembly

Based on the above, GAR #467 "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy" is hereby repealed and laid to rest
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:53 am, edited 70 times in total.

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:23 pm

I think this would cause a lot of controversy in the WA, aside from generally being immoral
I do want to see the overwhelming 'against' vote though
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 pm

Crimson Tree wrote:I think this would cause a lot of controversy in the WA, aside from generally being immoral

I don't find this immoral. "Hormone Therapy" is a terrible method known to cause severe side effects. This proposal aims to help out peoples with Gender Dysphoria by addressing the root cause itself(Educating our youths) rather than giving grievous and unproven methods for treatment. One of the leading causes of death is suicide due to depression. Depression rocks our world like crazy. "Hormone Therapy" only contributes to more youths having depression.
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm

Immensely based and redpilled. Full support.
Last edited by Nepleslia on Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:32 pm

The United Sts of America wrote:
Crimson Tree wrote:I think this would cause a lot of controversy in the WA, aside from generally being immoral

I don't find this immoral. "Hormone Therapy" is a terrible method known to cause severe side effects. This proposal aims to help out peoples with Gender Dysphoria by addressing the root cause itself(Educating our youths) rather than giving grievous and unproven methods for treatment. One of the leading causes of death is suicide due to depression. Depression rocks our world like crazy. "Hormone Therapy" only contributes to more youths having depression.

You're also suggesting banning people from identifying as trans or non-binary, which goes against, what like, every nation not living in a civil hellscape?
This is suggesting people vote "For" stripping the rights of LGBTQ+ people further, and erasing years of hard work to get here
The WA shouldn't hold a vote for this. If it passes, I leave the WA, as it is clearly corrupt
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:32 pm

This is an Ooc post.

The United Sts of America wrote:i. The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth.

The target does not argue that people are "transgender and non-binary" at birth. It merely states that "transgender and non-binary people" exist -- which is an objective fact.

Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). As a teen's brain hs not developed fully, succumbing to societal pressures, they begin to believe these claims. However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional. Leading to youths believing they are of the opposite gender due to this reason, known as Gender Dysphoria, with severe implications and consequences such as developing depression.

This is true.

iii. The legalization of "Hormone Therapy as a medical treatment" in General Assembly #467 is deeply shocking. Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Some of these side effects include Swelling in different parts of the body, Mood Swings, Depression, Abdominal and Back Pain, as well as Headaches and Migraines. By encouraging such preposterous treatments, General Assembly #467 is exacerbating the Gender Dysphoria crisis by not addressing the root causes directly but instead encouraging and legalizing treatments with scientifically proven to cause grievous side effects

Punctuation error at the end of this Section. In addition, what is your source for this? Evidence demonstrates that transgender hormone therapy, if managed and administered correctly, is beneficial and safe.

In addition to the repeal, the following solutions shall be used to treat Gender Dysphoria instead of "Hormone Therapy"
[list=][/list] a. Counselling, care, and education for individuals with Gender Dysphoria regarding their biological sex and to educate them to know that there are "Tomboy" Female and "Girly" Male personalities, which has nothing wrong, and that each character boils down to each individual's personality type
[list=][/list] b. A ban on "Transgender" and "non-binary" ideologies and representations, as it leads to more confusion and serves as a disillusion to persons facing Gender Dysphoria. As such, people will now be recognized as either Male or Female
[list=][/list] c. A ban on "Hormone Therapy" procedures and anything related directly or indirectly to the process of gender changing and/or assisting or coercing an individual to become "Transgender" or "non-binary", as the grievous consequences stated above in (1) iii clearly warrants a ban on this dangerous method
[list=][/list] d. As a result of clause c., a closure of all "Hormone Therapy" clinics, consultations, and proponents of this outrageous method of treating persons with Gender Dysphoria
[list=][/list] e. Education in schools that there is only 2 biological sexes, "Male" and "Female", of which one is assigned by birth according to respective sexual organs
[list=][/list] f. Recognition that one's gender is determined by their biological sex assigned at birth according to sexual organs that an individual has, and that there is only "Male" and "Female" sexes and gender, not "non-binary" nor "Transgender" genders.
[list=][/list] g. Recognition that our creator has wonderfully made each one of us, and we should not ridicule or shame others for their differing personalities

Illegal for legislating in a repeal. In addition, denying hormone therapy to transgender individuals has been demonstrated to be harmful to the mental health of transgender individuals, including causing depression and worsening gender dysphoria. Finally, even if this were in a separate resolution (so as to not be illegal for legislating in a repeal), Section e would contradict GA #603, which requires "schools within [member nation] jurisdiction to teach bona fide...that one's gender is determined by their gender identity, rather than their sex assigned at birth".

The [list=][/list] tags are also redundant; here is a rewrite of your proposal with the BBCode fixed (no changes to the text) _

Code: Select all
The World Assembly,

NOTICING that an egregious rise in the number of youths facing Gender Dysphoria is causing social upheavals among communities,

ACKNOWLEDGING that Gender Dysphoria can lead to anxiety and thereafter depression,

DISAPPOINTED that General Assembly Resolution #467 does not adequately address the issue of Gender Dysphoria,

APPALLED that General Assembly Resolution #467 encourages dangerous solutions to Gender Dysphoria,

Hereby presents be it enacted as a resolution as follows,
[list=1][*]General Assembly Resolution #467 is does not help, but instead worsens the Gender Dysphoria crisis among youths
[list=i][*] The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth.
[*]Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). As a teen's brain has not developed fully, succumbing to societal pressures, they begin to believe these claims. However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional. Leading to youths believing they are of the opposite gender due to this reason, known as Gender Dysphoria, with severe implications and consequences such as developing depression.
[*]The legalization of "Hormone Therapy as a medical treatment" in General Assembly #467 is deeply shocking. Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Some of these side effects include Swelling in different parts of the body, Mood Swings, Depression, Abdominal and Back Pain, as well as Headaches and Migraines. By encouraging such preposterous treatments, General Assembly #467 is exacerbating the Gender Dysphoria crisis by not addressing the root causes directly but instead encouraging and legalizing treatments with scientifically proven to cause grievous side effects[/list][/list]

In addition to the repeal, the following solutions shall be used to treat Gender Dysphoria instead of "Hormone Therapy"
[list=a][*] Counselling, care, and education for individuals with Gender Dysphoria regarding their biological sex and to educate them to know that there are "Tomboy" Female and "Girly" Male personalities, which has nothing wrong, and that each character boils down to each individual's personality type
[*] A ban on "Transgender" and "non-binary" ideologies and representations, as it leads to more confusion and serves as a disillusion to persons facing Gender Dysphoria. As such, people will now be recognized as either Male or Female
[*] A ban on "Hormone Therapy" procedures and anything related directly or indirectly to the process of gender changing and/or assisting or coercing an individual to become "Transgender" or "non-binary", as the grievous consequences stated above in (1) iii clearly warrants a ban on this dangerous method
[*] As a result of clause c., a closure of all "Hormone Therapy" clinics, consultations, and proponents of this outrageous method of treating persons with Gender Dysphoria
[*] Education in schools that there is only 2 biological sexes, "Male" and "Female", of which one is assigned by birth according to respective sexual organs
[*] Recognition that one's gender is determined by their biological sex assigned at birth according to sexual organs that an individual has, and that there is only "Male" and "Female" sexes and gender, not "non-binary" nor "Transgender" genders.
[*] Recognition that our creator has wonderfully made each one of us, and we should not ridicule or shame others for their differing personalities[/list]

Based on the above, this resolution hereby REPEALS General Assembly Resolution#467 "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy" and enact the solutions presented above to address and lay rest to the polarizing issue of Gender Dysphoria causing social upheavals in communities globally.

Edit: For the record, opposed to any repeal that attempts to repeal the target based on principle.
Last edited by The Ice States on Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:39 pm

Nepleslia wrote:Immensely based and redpilled. Full support.

Thank you!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 pm

Crimson Tree wrote:

You're also suggesting banning people from identifying as trans or non-binary, which goes against, what like, every nation not living in a civil hellscape?
This is suggesting people vote "For" stripping the rights of LGBTQ+ people further, and erasing years of hard work to get here
The WA shouldn't hold a vote for this. If it passes, I leave the WA, as it is clearly corrupt

Let me clarify some issues here.
This is not an incendiary attack on the LGBTQ community, this is a proposal merely aimed at reducing suicides among youths(which is rising like mad) by addressing one of the key issues they face, Gender dysphoria. Being labelled "Transgender" has a lasting negative impact. People will shun you, people will hate you, and you won't have peace. Being Identified as "trans" or "non-binary" is a result of societal's stereotypes on genders(as stated in the proposal). If we can address this issue by educating youths that varying personalities does not mean they have to be identified as "trans" or "non-binary", then nobody would have to be labelled as "trans" or "non-binary" and that would mean you won't face hate and ostracizing!
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:49 pm

(Questionably In Character)
"Oh no..." Adelia looks on in horror at the proposal before her. "Reality is falling apart again!"

She looks at the narrator, shaking her head furiously. "I swear I w-wasn't trying to break character, but the [list] tags are right there in front of the whole Assembly, how could I not say anything!?

"And on top of that, it's legislating in a repeal!" She frantically spurts out before she can get dragged away for a rewrite. "Author, please, please fix this repeal so we can address the merits, or lack thereof, instead of fixating on the blatant misformatting and illegalitiiiiiiieees..."

Adelia is sucked into a vortex, where her memories of this incident will likely be completely altered. In a painless fashion, of course, these are beloved characters after all.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:58 pm

The Ice States wrote:This is an Ooc post.

The United Sts of America wrote:i. The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth.

The target does not argue that people are "transgender and non-binary" at birth. It merely states that "transgender and non-binary people" exist -- which is an objective fact.

Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). As a teen's brain hs not developed fully, succumbing to societal pressures, they begin to believe these claims. However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional. Leading to youths believing they are of the opposite gender due to this reason, known as Gender Dysphoria, with severe implications and consequences such as developing depression.

This is true.

iii. The legalization of "Hormone Therapy as a medical treatment" in General Assembly #467 is deeply shocking. Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Some of these side effects include Swelling in different parts of the body, Mood Swings, Depression, Abdominal and Back Pain, as well as Headaches and Migraines. By encouraging such preposterous treatments, General Assembly #467 is exacerbating the Gender Dysphoria crisis by not addressing the root causes directly but instead encouraging and legalizing treatments with scientifically proven to cause grievous side effects

Punctuation error at the end of this Section. In addition, what is your source for this? Evidence demonstrates that transgender hormone therapy, if managed and administered correctly, is beneficial and safe.

[list=][/list] a. Counselling, care, and education for individuals with Gender Dysphoria regarding their biological sex and to educate them to know that there are "Tomboy" Female and "Girly" Male personalities, which has nothing wrong, and that each character boils down to each individual's personality type
[list=][/list] b. A ban on "Transgender" and "non-binary" ideologies and representations, as it leads to more confusion and serves as a disillusion to persons facing Gender Dysphoria. As such, people will now be recognized as either Male or Female
[list=][/list] c. A ban on "Hormone Therapy" procedures and anything related directly or indirectly to the process of gender changing and/or assisting or coercing an individual to become "Transgender" or "non-binary", as the grievous consequences stated above in (1) iii clearly warrants a ban on this dangerous method
[list=][/list] d. As a result of clause c., a closure of all "Hormone Therapy" clinics, consultations, and proponents of this outrageous method of treating persons with Gender Dysphoria
[list=][/list] e. Education in schools that there is only 2 biological sexes, "Male" and "Female", of which one is assigned by birth according to respective sexual organs
[list=][/list] f. Recognition that one's gender is determined by their biological sex assigned at birth according to sexual organs that an individual has, and that there is only "Male" and "Female" sexes and gender, not "non-binary" nor "Transgender" genders.
[list=][/list] g. Recognition that our creator has wonderfully made each one of us, and we should not ridicule or shame others for their differing personalities

Illegal for legislating in a repeal. In addition, denying hormone therapy to transgender individuals has been demonstrated to be harmful to the mental health of transgender individuals, including causing depression and worsening gender dysphoria. Finally, even if this were in a separate resolution (so as to not be illegal for legislating in a repeal), Section e would contradict GA #603, which requires "schools within [member nation] jurisdiction to teach bona fide...that one's gender is determined by their gender identity, rather than their sex assigned at birth".

The [list=][/list] tags are also redundant; here is a rewrite of your proposal with the BBCode fixed (no changes to the text) _

Code: Select all
The World Assembly,

NOTICING that an egregious rise in the number of youths facing Gender Dysphoria is causing social upheavals among communities,

ACKNOWLEDGING that Gender Dysphoria can lead to anxiety and thereafter depression,

DISAPPOINTED that General Assembly Resolution #467 does not adequately address the issue of Gender Dysphoria,

APPALLED that General Assembly Resolution #467 encourages dangerous solutions to Gender Dysphoria,

Hereby presents be it enacted as a resolution as follows,
[list=1][*]General Assembly Resolution #467 is does not help, but instead worsens the Gender Dysphoria crisis among youths
[list=i][*] The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth.
[*]Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). As a teen's brain has not developed fully, succumbing to societal pressures, they begin to believe these claims. However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional. Leading to youths believing they are of the opposite gender due to this reason, known as Gender Dysphoria, with severe implications and consequences such as developing depression.
[*]The legalization of "Hormone Therapy as a medical treatment" in General Assembly #467 is deeply shocking. Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Some of these side effects include Swelling in different parts of the body, Mood Swings, Depression, Abdominal and Back Pain, as well as Headaches and Migraines. By encouraging such preposterous treatments, General Assembly #467 is exacerbating the Gender Dysphoria crisis by not addressing the root causes directly but instead encouraging and legalizing treatments with scientifically proven to cause grievous side effects[/list][/list]

[list=a][*] Counselling, care, and education for individuals with Gender Dysphoria regarding their biological sex and to educate them to know that there are "Tomboy" Female and "Girly" Male personalities, which has nothing wrong, and that each character boils down to each individual's personality type
[*] A ban on "Transgender" and "non-binary" ideologies and representations, as it leads to more confusion and serves as a disillusion to persons facing Gender Dysphoria. As such, people will now be recognized as either Male or Female
[*] A ban on "Hormone Therapy" procedures and anything related directly or indirectly to the process of gender changing and/or assisting or coercing an individual to become "Transgender" or "non-binary", as the grievous consequences stated above in (1) iii clearly warrants a ban on this dangerous method
[*] As a result of clause c., a closure of all "Hormone Therapy" clinics, consultations, and proponents of this outrageous method of treating persons with Gender Dysphoria
[*] Education in schools that there is only 2 biological sexes, "Male" and "Female", of which one is assigned by birth according to respective sexual organs
[*] Recognition that one's gender is determined by their biological sex assigned at birth according to sexual organs that an individual has, and that there is only "Male" and "Female" sexes and gender, not "non-binary" nor "Transgender" genders.
[*] Recognition that our creator has wonderfully made each one of us, and we should not ridicule or shame others for their differing personalities[/list]

Based on the above, this resolution hereby REPEALS General Assembly Resolution#467 "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy" and enact the solutions presented above to address and lay rest to the polarizing issue of Gender Dysphoria causing social upheavals in communities globally.

Edit: For the record, opposed to any repeal that attempts to repeal the target based on principle.

OOC: Didn't know suggesting solutions was not allowed. Will remove that part from this repeal. This repeal is just focused on alleviating the gender dysphoria crisis that youths face today, which leads to many of them committing suicide(very tragic and sad).
If you search side effects for Hormone Therapy, you'll find many.
Here are some links:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hormone-r ... e-effects/
https://www.cancer.net/navigating-cance ... ne-therapy
These are just 2 links for side effects of hormone therapy. There are many more which you can read deeper at.

Thank you for the codes as well!
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:52 am

The United Sts of America wrote:OOC: Didn't know suggesting solutions was not allowed. Will remove that part from this repeal. This repeal is just focused on alleviating the gender dysphoria crisis that youths face today, which leads to many of them committing suicide(very tragic and sad).
Here are some links:
These are just 2 links for side effects of hormone therapy. There are many more which you can read deeper at.

While your first source is fair enough, it also says that said effects will "usually pass after a few weeks" -- and, at that point, it seems like the prohibition of hormone therapy wholesale is rather extreme, especially when hormone therapy is already shown by a vast body of evidence to be highly beneficial in curing gender dysphoria. Regarding your second link, that is referring to the use of HRT as a treatment of cancer -- not transgender hormone therapy.

(edited to fix BBCode)
Last edited by The Ice States on Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:29 am

The Ice States wrote:
The United Sts of America wrote:OOC: Didn't know suggesting solutions was not allowed. Will remove that part from this repeal. This repeal is just focused on alleviating the gender dysphoria crisis that youths face today, which leads to many of them committing suicide(very tragic and sad).
Here are some links:

While your first source is fair enough, it also says that said effects will "usually pass after a few weeks" -- and, at that point, it seems like the prohibition of hormone therapy wholesale is rather extreme, especially when hormone therapy is already shown by a vast body of evidence to be highly beneficial in curing gender dysphoria. Regarding your second link, that is referring to the use of HRT as a treatment of cancer -- not transgender hormone therapy.

(edited to fix BBCode)

I'm pretty sure the source means physical side effects will "usually pass after a few weeks" such as swelling etc.
But if you think about it, depression(which is the cornerstone focus of this repeal) doesn't go away in a few weeks.
Plus the psychological and emotional toll on yourself and those around you?

Regarding the cancer part: Hormone therapy only "helps slow down growth of cancer cells" which if you realize it's slow down, not prevent. Chemotherapy wipes out(kinda like nukes) the cancer cells. But of course theres pros and cons to that which will be left for another day to debate. Just for extra info, HRT(Hormone replacement therapy) which is used to slow cancer growth is found to cause cancer (https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about- ... cer%20risk)

Back to Trans Hormone therapy, I think the minor side effects like swelling, migraines etc. will be gone in a couple weeks as you've earlier mentioned. But more serious ones like Blood Clot, Infertility, Weight Gain(not life-or-death kind of serious but people hate this too right?), cardiovascular disease,even stroke. Here's a neutral link from Mayo Clinic which presents 2 sides of the argument. (https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proced ... c-20385096). To me, the risks outweighs the rewards. We're talking about life-and-death related risks for rewards such as "improve sexual satisfaction" which again back to my clause iii. in the proposal, is because of stereotypes that societies put on youths that's why they believe that they'll have "improve(d) sexual satisfaction". Plus let's say you're lucky, nothing serious, you still gotta go for checkups to make sure you didn't get any cancer cells while going through the process, you gotta pay lots of monies to check this and that, screenings for this checkups for that, don't you think it's more productive to do other things and give up your benefit of "improve sexual desire"? Youths don't have fully developed brains like adults, they'll do all sorts of nonsense and getting themselves into this hormone therapy thing is gonna be something many will regret later on. Health implications, wasted money, psychological and emotional toll on those aroudn them(especially parents), and many more.

Not saying there isn't benefits(all things have pros and cons), but I'm saying that the cons outweigh the pros in this case for trans hormone therapy.

The Pacific Northwest
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Pacific Northwest » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:51 am

The United Sts of America wrote:The World Assembly,

wasted money, psychological and emotional toll on those aroudn them(especially parents), and many more

I fail to see how hormone therapy is a waste of money if a person is happier, and who cares about what other people think? It’s their body, it’s their decision. Whatever ‘emotional toll’ it takes on other people, even parents, does not matter if that is what the person wants.

[*]The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth

Intersex people do exist and intersex conditions are actually way more common than you might think considering how many people are currently alive, so no, it’s actually possible to be somewhere in between at birth, which would technically fall under nonbinary I believe. However gender is a purely societal construct and a person’s sex has no bearing on how a person identifies because sex and gender are not the same thing.

[*] Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional.

Yes, gender is a spectrum.You’re not trans just because you’re not a walking stereotype. But you do not know how someone else actually feels, so you’re not the one who gets to decide if they’re trans or not, and trans and nonbinary people do exist.

[*] Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Depression, Blood clots, Headaches and Migraines, Disruption to Menstrual Cycles, Infertility

I cut out a few of these that I’m not going to talk about just to save some space.

I can’t say I’m particularly well versed on hormone therapy being used to transition, but a lot of these (including depression) are common side effects of hormonal birth control. Birth control is used by millions of women not for the purpose of birth control, but as hormone therapy. It is used to treat endometriosis, pcos, menopause symptoms, acne, and other conditions. Millions of women deal with these side effects daily and consider it worth it.

And with trans men, wouldn’t disruption of the menstrual cycle be a good thing since the person is transitioning? I mean men don’t have periods so presumably that could be a source of dysphoria if they continued. Infertility seems like a no brainer as well considering.

I’m not trans but I would assume that hormone therapy, like with any prescription medication or medical procedure, would require side effects and possible negative outcomes to be discussed with the patient and parents beforehand. When I needed chemo as a teen, my mom had to sign a form saying she was fine with me being infertile. I don’t see why they would only do that for chemo and nothing else that could cause infertility.

[*] "Hormone Therapy" only contributes to more youths having depression. As noted in clause iv. above, dire side effects of "Hormone Therapy" includes depression.

Being part of a marginalized group of people that constantly faces discrimination and has to defend its right to exist will do that to you. Especially if your family is unsupportive and the treatment you need for your dysphoria is outlawed. I didn’t look too far into it because scientific papers can take awhile to read and interpret, but I did Google “does hormone therapy affect suicide risk”, and every headline that came up says it decreases it. I suppose the actual studies could say the opposite but I’d need to read them to find out. It seems weird that they’d all say one thing but actually mean the opposite though. I may actually read some studies when I have time.

As I noted above, a lot of those issues you listed are common side effects of hormonal birth control that women are willing to put up with if they need it to treat a condition. This is also a form of hormone therapy. Should birth control be banned too, or are you only proposing a ban on hormone therapy used specifically for the purpose of transitioning?
I don’t roleplay much, so all of my posts will be OOC.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:07 am

The United Sts of America wrote:the costs of this procedure, directly such as the procedure itself and indirectly such as health and cancer screenings and checkups, amounts to the thousands if not hundreds of thousands, which is often paid for by parents of the teen

Have you considered reading the title of the resolution you're trying to repeal again?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:31 am

The Pacific Northwest wrote:
The United Sts of America wrote:The World Assembly,

wasted money, psychological and emotional toll on those aroudn them(especially parents), and many more

I fail to see how hormone therapy is a waste of money if a person is happier, and who cares about what other people think? It’s their body, it’s their decision. Whatever ‘emotional toll’ it takes on other people, even parents, does not matter if that is what the person wants.

[*]The statement "Transgender and non-binary people are real" is false. Nobody is "non-binary" or "Transgender" at birth. People are Male or Female at birth as scientific evidence has conspicuously proven that Males and Females have their distinctive sexual organs and a "non-binary" or "Transgender" biological sex does not exist. Biological sex is binary, either Male or Female at birth

Intersex people do exist and intersex conditions are actually way more common than you might think considering how many people are currently alive, so no, it’s actually possible to be somewhere in between at birth, which would technically fall under nonbinary I believe. However gender is a purely societal construct and a person’s sex has no bearing on how a person identifies because sex and gender are not the same thing.

[*] Gender identity is a result of what society has shaped youths to believe they should be. Males are stereotyped as strong and cannot be weak(i.e. no crying) while Females are stereotyped as weak(i.e. always crying). However, in reality, there are Males who are more emotional and Females who are not as emotional.

Yes, gender is a spectrum.You’re not trans just because you’re not a walking stereotype. But you do not know how someone else actually feels, so you’re not the one who gets to decide if they’re trans or not, and trans and nonbinary people do exist.

[*] Hormone therapy is proven to cause drastic side effects. Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Depression, Blood clots, Headaches and Migraines, Disruption to Menstrual Cycles, Infertility

I cut out a few of these that I’m not going to talk about just to save some space.

I can’t say I’m particularly well versed on hormone therapy being used to transition, but a lot of these (including depression) are common side effects of hormonal birth control. Birth control is used by millions of women not for the purpose of birth control, but as hormone therapy. It is used to treat endometriosis, pcos, menopause symptoms, acne, and other conditions. Millions of women deal with these side effects daily and consider it worth it.

And with trans men, wouldn’t disruption of the menstrual cycle be a good thing since the person is transitioning? I mean men don’t have periods so presumably that could be a source of dysphoria if they continued. Infertility seems like a no brainer as well considering.

I’m not trans but I would assume that hormone therapy, like with any prescription medication or medical procedure, would require side effects and possible negative outcomes to be discussed with the patient and parents beforehand. When I needed chemo as a teen, my mom had to sign a form saying she was fine with me being infertile. I don’t see why they would only do that for chemo and nothing else that could cause infertility.

[*] "Hormone Therapy" only contributes to more youths having depression. As noted in clause iv. above, dire side effects of "Hormone Therapy" includes depression.

Being part of a marginalized group of people that constantly faces discrimination and has to defend its right to exist will do that to you. Especially if your family is unsupportive and the treatment you need for your dysphoria is outlawed. I didn’t look too far into it because scientific papers can take awhile to read and interpret, but I did Google “does hormone therapy affect suicide risk”, and every headline that came up says it decreases it. I suppose the actual studies could say the opposite but I’d need to read them to find out. It seems weird that they’d all say one thing but actually mean the opposite though. I may actually read some studies when I have time.

As I noted above, a lot of those issues you listed are common side effects of hormonal birth control that women are willing to put up with if they need it to treat a condition. This is also a form of hormone therapy. Should birth control be banned too, or are you only proposing a ban on hormone therapy used specifically for the purpose of transitioning?

OOC reply:
Please ignore the first part on that statement there. I was editing and coming up with more points and forget to delete that part. The main clauses don't include "wasted money" as I've noted that it isn't the case to some.
I would like to point out a difference between chemotherapy and trans hormone therapy, they are completely different. Chemotherapy is good for society, especially those with cancer. Why people mock those going through chemo is something I find absurd. But chemo is not a choice, at least not a free choice. Chemo is essential to stop cancer cells from spreading and growing. It isn't the same as hormonal therapy for trans. Chemo is life-and-death situation, where a rejection of the treatment will put your life at risk. A rejection of trans hormonal therapy doesn't put your life at risk. In fact you're better off without trans hormonal therapy. The impacts, fatal and not so fatal, are often overlooked for trans hormone therapy.

Regarding birth control, there's many types of it. There's those that don't regulate hormones(i.e condoms etc.). So I'm assuming you're talking about pills. Women take birth control pills because they don't want to use other methods(i.e condoms, IUDs etc.) and that is perfectly fine. It's up to them. But birth control pills are not serious in terms of side effects. The effects are mild and very short, typically lasting a few days in most cases, maximum few weeks, or even in drastic cases few months although that is extremely rare. Plus let's face it: more people have sexual intercourse and use pills compared to the number of people who under trans therapy. Effects of pills are commonly: Nausea, headaches, sores and aches etc. For hormonal therapy, it's more serious such as blood clots, cancer etc. If birth pills are really that serious in side effects, there wouldn't be so many women using it. It's because the side effects do not outweigh the convenience, and that's why women use pills. for trans therapy, people are undergoing it because of ideologies and stereotypes that societies put on youths! Now, because I'm against things that alter with natural systems, I personally wouldn't advise pills. But I'm not against others using it, because the side effects are not life-and-death kind of serious. Trans therapy on the other hand, is mostly done by youths whose brains have not developed fully(and hence succumb to societal stereotypes of Males and Females behavior etc.) and so they believe that they are of the other gender. Again, that's ideological. Birth pills are not taken because of ideological purposes. They have proven to be effective in preventing births, but trans therapy does not prove to support those who undergo the procedure. It only makes them think so! "Hey, you're a trans now, you can be rest assured nobody will mock you because of your personality!" is a hoax because people will mock them more than ever before. Differing personality has nothing wrong, it's the stereotypes that society imposes on youths that lead some of them to trans therapy, which most will regret later on. Tell me, how many lives has chemotherapy procedure saved? How many births has pills prevented? We're talking about pretty effective methods here. On the other hand, tell me how many people's gender dysphoria has been addressed through trans therapy? It only exacerbates the issue. We're losing a generation because of nonsensical things like that. Not proven to be effective, and extremely dangerous side effects are present. We need to help those with gender dysphoria by educating them that differing personalities are alright, and they don't have to resort to becoming trans to feel alright. They need to know that their personality is uniquely them, natural and nothing wrong. becoming trans and affecting your natural hormones just because you feel your personality is not "cool" or "popular" is not something we should be teaching or endorsing our youths to do! What happens if they face more pressure next time? Turn to using drugs to alleviate their stress? Habits start from young. Giving them trans therapy today, who knows what tomorrow could be?

I'd just like to add this: don't be deceived by the word "therapy" in trans therapy. There is no therapy. It's just a word to hoax and coax the side effects of it. The only therapy youths with Gender Dysphoria need is to know that their personalities differ from others and it is completely fine! They don't need to resort to becoming trans to "feel" alright. Although they probably know deep down that it feels worse. I'd encourage you to read stories about trans people who regretted the procedure they did when they were young(many of them). Here are some links(one of the best stories is from Walt Heyer, first 2 links):
https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-he ... genderism/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 894076002/
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20191 ... ivist.aspx
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:33 am

Tinhampton wrote:
The United Sts of America wrote:the costs of this procedure, directly such as the procedure itself and indirectly such as health and cancer screenings and checkups, amounts to the thousands if not hundreds of thousands, which is often paid for by parents of the teen

Have you considered reading the title of the resolution you're trying to repeal again?

The law that I'm trying to repeal is titled "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy". GAR #467
However, that resolution focuses on the process of hormone therapy alone and does not include other factors such as constant medical checkups and health screenings and consultation fees which can be easily more than the fee of the process itself. And that's excluding any health complications you may face after the procedure. You'll have to pay for treatment if you get any health complications
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:35 am

The United Sts of America wrote:https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-he ... genderism/

Please take care to note that rl references may have little or no bearing on how the World Assembly functions or operates.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
The United Sts of America wrote:https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-he ... genderism/

Please take care to note that rl references may have little or no bearing on how the World Assembly functions or operates.

Yes i am aware. It was an OOC post. just personal reasoning and real-life examples to support my view for my reply, which will not be in the resolution
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Web of Life and Destiny
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Web of Life and Destiny » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 am

Gross.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:39 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Please take care to note that rl references may have little or no bearing on how the World Assembly functions or operates.

Yes i am aware. It was an OOC post. just personal reasoning and real-life examples to support my view for my reply, which will not be in the resolution

This approach has gotten people dinged for posting NSG in here ftr.
Meanwhile in the WA you got sentient and sapient plant-lifeforms that would be seriously confused by your proposal since a sizeable chunk of them can be hermaphrodites.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:43 am

This approach has gotten people dinged for posting NSG in here ftr.
Meanwhile in the WA you got sentient and sapient plant-lifeforms that would be seriously confused by your proposal since a sizeable chunk of them can be hermaphrodites.

A hermaphrodite is not scientifically possible nor proven. People are born as either Male or Female.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:46 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:This approach has gotten people dinged for posting NSG in here ftr.

A hermaphrodite is not scientifically possible nor proven. People are born as either Male or Female.

You are just inviting someone to make a nation of hermaphrodites and coming here to protest your ignorance tbh...

MT/MagicT

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:50 am

You are just inviting someone to make a nation of hermaphrodites and coming here to protest your ignorance tbh...

It's not possible! How can a human born naturally have all sexual organs of a male and all sexual organs of a female naturally?
Honestly, that's pretty gross if you ask me, but it's definitely not scientifically possible. The only way to have all sexual organs of both male and female is if you do some really weird procedures, but that's definitely not natural already(and that's if you're even successful in doing so which I doubt is possible)
Last edited by The United Sts of America on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:You are just inviting someone to make a nation of hermaphrodites and coming here to protest your ignorance tbh...

It's not possible! How can a human born naturally have all sexual organs of a male and all sexual organs of a female naturally?
Honestly, that's pretty gross if you ask me, but it's definitely not scientifically possible. The only way to have all sexual organs of both male and female is if you do some really weird procedures, but that's definitely not natural already.

Comrade, there are intelligent potted plants in this very assembly. Who are you to say what's possible or not?

MT/MagicT

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Sts of America » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:55 am

Honestly, that's pretty gross if you ask me, but it's definitely not scientifically possible. The only way to have all sexual organs of both male and female is if you do some really weird procedures, but that's definitely not natural already.

Comrade, there are intelligent potted plants in this very assembly. Who are you to say what's possible or not?

Well, lmk when they found out how to create one. I doubt even Einstein(one of the smartest, if not the smartest person) can figure a way to do that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly