NATION

PASSWORD

[Attn: Admin] Embassies which refuse to close

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

[Attn: Admin] Embassies which refuse to close

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:14 pm

Every 12 hours since the embassy was closed between my region and plum island, I have received a notification of the closing of the embassy:

Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:24 pm

I'm still getting this same notification every 12 hours.

I have received it a total of 16 times now.

if more information is needed for this to be fixed, if someone could please let me know what that is I would be happy to provide it.

ThePlague
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ThePlague » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:27 pm

I've killed over 75 million people, and if I have to, I'll do it again.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:32 pm

ThePlague wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=subscriptions

That is no help.

I want to receive notifications of embassy openings and closings, however I've gotten the notification of this particular closing at every update since the embassy was closed.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:45 pm

Novia Max Peondtopia wrote:

That is no help.

I want to receive notifications of embassy openings and closings, however I've gotten the notification of this particular closing at every update since the embassy was closed.

Turn off embassy notifications. Wait an update or two to see if the notices stop. If they do, turn embassy notifications back on, and see if the notices start up again.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:19 am

Regardless of their subscription preferences, this is very obviously a bug, and certainly a symptom of a larger issue relating to Plum Island or King of the Hill's data. The screenshots provided should not be possible.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 pm

Phydios wrote:
Novia Max Peondtopia wrote:That is no help.

Turn off embassy notifications. Wait an update or two to see if the notices stop. If they do, turn embassy notifications back on, and see if the notices start up again.

I doubted this would work, but given it's the only advice anyone, staff or otherwise has given, I gave it a try. I turned embassy notifications off for a few updates and then turned them back on.

As I suspected it did nothing. I'm still getting the notifications.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Looks to be a problem on Plum Island's side. A handful of embassies are stuck at 'Closing Imminently'.

I've pinged the admin about it.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Looks to be a problem on Plum Island's side. A handful of embassies are stuck at 'Closing Imminently'.

I've pinged the admin about it.

Thank you!

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:26 am

I am not sure if things in technical require bumps, but given this had fallen a few pages down in the forum, and it's still an issue... bump, I suppose.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:23 pm

It has now been over a month since the embassy between my region and plum island closed; and I am still receiving the notifications of that closure.

So just bumping this back to the top so that it doesn't get forgotten about. :hug:

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:21 am

It has been 46 days since the embassy closed, and 42 days since I reported the issue on this forum, and the issue continues.

It has also been ~2 weeks since this was last bumped, so here I go again, bumping it back to the top so that it does not get lost. :hug:

Ozeanreisende
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozeanreisende » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:25 am

This might not work but does switching to any other site theme then switching back to dark mode or your preffered theme work?
Ozeanreisende embassy program
Ozeanreisende, a quintiple melting pot of German, English, French, Spanish and danish culture | IRL: I'm a Canadian and my favourite country is Australia | A Class 0.857 Civilization according to this index | Buy military equipment here https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oze ... id=1787474
Ozeanreisende News
Ozeanreisende leaves the ODP to pursue armed neutrality (switzerland moment)

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:31 am

Ozeanreisende wrote:This might not work but does switching to any other site theme then switching back to dark mode or your preffered theme work?

It is not an issue on my end, but an issue with the site. There are several other Plum Island embassies that have refused to close in roughly the same way.

Specifically i n g s o c c, whose embassy should have closed 39 days ago, the heart of darkslayer whose embassy should have closed 3 days ago, and hat and mytholandtis both of which no longer exist, but their embassies with plum island remain.

edit: I edited the OP of the thread to provide a more accurate title.
Last edited by Novia Max Peondtopia on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:13 am

Novia Max Peondtopia wrote: I edited the OP of the thread to provide a more accurate title.

I edited it further. We're not ignoring you. Moderators have no ability to alter embassies in any way. This is a job for an admin.

Novia Max Peondtopia
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Novia Max Peondtopia » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:22 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Novia Max Peondtopia wrote: I edited the OP of the thread to provide a more accurate title.

I edited it further. We're not ignoring you. Moderators have no ability to alter embassies in any way. This is a job for an admin.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:15 am

This should resolve itself during the next daily update.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical