NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Tyrannosaurus Wreck

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
RedBrickLand
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Tyrannosaurus Wreck

Postby RedBrickLand » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:10 pm

Yes, I took this idea from Sedg. (Thx Sedg ;) )
I'll admit I'm not really feeling too good about this draft so feedback and suggestions will be much appreciated.
[Title]A Tyrannosaurus Wreck

[Validity]Invalid for nations that don't have dinosaurs and don't have automobiles.

[Desc]Migrating season for dinosaurs is in full swing, which means road collisions and accidents with migrating herds have also been on the rise.

[Option]"Two words. Wildlife crossings." states noted environmentalist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "It'll allow these gentle giants to peacefully migrate while still letting us humans to use our roads for transportation. Not to mention the fact that we'll be able to conserve their habitats and prevent habitat fragmentation. Please, do it for those poor dinos." @@HE@@ shoves a cute dino plush in your face.

[Effect]the nation is crossing new budgets with the amount of wildlife crossings being built

[Option]"If you wanna keep animals out, you gotta learn from us mate." says Ausblic ambassador @@RANDOMNAME@@ while holding a fruit basket. "We built a huge fence to keep dingos out and protect our sheep so you should do the same. Build a massive fence around your roads. If no more dinos can cross, then there'll be no more accidents. It's that simple. Oh and while we're at it, we should discuss a trade deal regarding Ausblic's largest export, fruit baskets."

[Effect]drivers often confuse the heavily reinforced fences near roads with those of border control

[Option]"I have a better idea. Tell people to use their damn eyes." says your down-to-earth and somewhat brash aide @@RANDOMNAME@@. "If people can't see a freaking 50 foot sauropod, then it's their fault. Since people are being stupid, we should launch a public awareness campaign to help educate them on how to prevent collisions with wildlife and dinosaurs alike. Maybe then people will know how to use common sense."

[Effect]running over an animal the size of a thumb outlined will cause people to think you're blind

[Option]"Why don't we just 'remove' dinos from the equation?" says infamous poacher @@RANDOMNAME@@. "With no more dinos... on the road, there'll be no need to worry about accidents and collisions. Just hire me and my boys to do the job for you and we'll make sure to do it cheaply and efficiently. We could even provide you with a souvenir once we... get the job done."

[Effect]T-rex teeth have become a popular pendant on chains and necklaces
Last edited by RedBrickLand on Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One day the great European War will come out of some damned foolish thing in the Balkans.”
- Otto Von Redbrick, Our glorious leader

1. Winner of Issues Contest: Lucky Seven with "Killing In The Name Of Beer"
2. Lost Half of My Bank in 36 hours
3. Defeated Mikeswill in a bidding war
gluten tag

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:13 am

Why is this specific to dinos?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cataleenia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cataleenia » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:17 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why is this specific to dinos?

Sedg brought it up in the Writers block
Sedgistan wrote:
  • Road traffic accidents caused by migrating sauropods.
WARNING! I am bri’ish, do NOT come within a 50m radius without protection.
they/them
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...
[violet] wrote:lol
Hispida wrote:english is a rather tough language. you can learn it through tough thorough thought, though.
Armeattla wrote:You know, watching a personality cult live is pretty fun.
Racoda wrote:
Kuraiva wrote:IS THIS dumpster fire APRIL FOOLS UPDATE or something permanent!?
Nothing is permanent.

East Lankia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lankia » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 am

Like this Idea
NS Stats are NOT CANON

Name: East Lankia
Population: 10.4 Million
Capital City: New Toron
National Language: French
Leader: Jackson Rodgers

National News: - Congress passes new Law, allowing for the Government to spend a now $800 Billion Dollars on Infrastructure - Schools to soon Close for Winter Break, children Excited, parents not so much.

RedBrickLand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RedBrickLand » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:23 am

Good point. I'll change the draft accordingly. Although, now I have two options on what to do:

A. Make the issue more broad and make it about accidents with all wildlife, not just dinos, or

B. Make the issue more specific towards accidents with dinosaurs specifically.

Which course of action do you suggest I implement?

Cataleenia wrote:Sedg brought it up in the Writers block

Good point. Sedg did bring it up in the Writer's Block but I do also understand that the issue could pretty much apply to all wildlife, not just dinos.

Darth Rey wrote:Indeed, it looks like promiscing,

Thanks. :)

East Lankia wrote:Like this Idea

Thanks. Although, I took this idea from Sedg. :p
“One day the great European War will come out of some damned foolish thing in the Balkans.”

gluten tag

Darth rey
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Darth rey » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:25 am

promising, the number of dinnosaurs issues are really low, just like Sedg Said.
Join the Dark side.
Don't call me of Rey!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 am

RedBrickLand wrote:

Good point. I'll change the draft accordingly. Although, now I have two options on what to do:

A. Make the issue more broad and make it about accidents with all wildlife, not just dinos, or

Either approach is fine. Maybe you can do both as seperate issues
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:37 am

Which dinosaurs are involved? Option 3 and Sedgistan's original suggestion mention sauropods, the title and option 4's effect line suggest tyrannosaurs, but the actual initial setup doesn't go into any more detail than "dinosaurs" and "herds".

Which, really, just highlights that this is pretty much just a generic wildlife crossing issue that doesn't particularly consider how the specific species in question would make a difference.

The main reason for considering making an issue about this is that a herd of migrating sauropods would look really cool, so you'll want to go heavy on the visuals.

RedBrickLand wrote:Good point. I'll change the draft accordingly. Although, now I have two options on what to do:

#1290 is an issue about non-dinosaurian wildlife crossings, although it does focus more on the danger to the animals than the danger to the cars (perhaps assuming that the "red-faced @@ANIMAL@@", whatever that is, is closer in size to a raccoon than a moose).

RedBrickLand
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RedBrickLand » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:41 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Which dinosaurs are involved? Option 3 and Sedgistan's original suggestion mention sauropods, the title and option 4's effect line suggest tyrannosaurs, but the actual initial setup doesn't go into any more detail than "dinosaurs" and "herds".

Which, really, just highlights that this is pretty much just a generic wildlife crossing issue that doesn't particularly consider how the specific species in question would make a difference.

The main reason for considering making an issue about this is that a herd of migrating sauropods would look really cool, so you'll want to go heavy on the visuals.

RedBrickLand wrote:<snip>
#1290 is an issue about non-dinosaurian wildlife crossings, although it does focus more on the danger to the animals than the danger to the cars (perhaps assuming that the "red-faced @@ANIMAL@@", whatever that is, is closer in size to a raccoon than a moose).

Good point. I'll try to go heavy on the visuals in the next draft and I guess my best course of action is to make the issue really specific to dinosaurs and make options that would be specific to dinosaur species. Thank you so much for the feedback. :)

gluten tag

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?