NATION

PASSWORD

Animated flag not acting like a GIF

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Marnrio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Animated flag not acting like a GIF

Postby Marnrio » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:10 pm

So i changed my flag into an animated one and it is still static, not non-static, like a GIF. Maybe there is a queue? I do not know what's happening, but i do need an answer kindly, please. :?:

Or, maybe it's a different type of problem of the static animated flag, so yeah, this is gonna be a bug report, I will kindly and patiently wait for a reply.

EDIT: I've got the animated GIF flag working, thanks for the solutions.
Last edited by Marnrio on Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARNRIO; THE COLORS OF TECHNOCRACY

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:16 pm

As per expanding the Technical Details on the upload your own flag page:

Animated GIFs are only possible if file size is under 150kB and the image fits within 321x213 pixels; otherwise it will be converted to a static image. Animation is only supported on nation pages, not in small thumbnail images that appear elsewhere on the site.

You may need to make it smaller (both in terms of file size, and the dimensions) using a site like EZ Gif.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:20 am

Hmmm....did you upload a png instead of a gif? Because that is what your image is showing to be
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:26 am

Sadly you do have to make the flag pretty small file size for it to work. I used this site.

Marnrio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marnrio » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:06 am

PotatoFarmers wrote:Hmmm....did you upload a png instead of a gif? Because that is what your image is showing to be

Refer to Valentine Z's reply, also, i got the animated GIF flag working.
MARNRIO; THE COLORS OF TECHNOCRACY

Return to Technical