NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Slick Move

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Slick Move

Postby Cretox State » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Slick Move

Validity: Autocracy and Devolution.

Description
In a radical departure from established policy, the regional governor of @@LEADER@@'s Rump Province has announced that she'll hold a public vote on whether to open up an area of land for oil drilling.

Option 1
"Thish might sheem like one shmall political shtep for her, 'till it becomes a giant leap in a direction you don't want," slurs United Federation president Jack Finnedy, who just spent the first half of an important call getting drunk and the second half giving you unsolicited political advice. "If people get ushed to the idea of voting on policy deshisions, they'll wannna vote on everything! Ya gotta nip this in the bud an' put that governor in her plashe. Don't ya ever just wanna nuke som- get your hands off me! I-"

Effect: the government offers to chew local leaders' food for them

Option 2
"Relax. I wouldn't give those morons an actual say in running a bird feeder," sneers the governor in question, who's somehow the most popular regional official in the nation. "However, keeping people in line is a lot easier if they think they have a say in how their government's run. You should try it. Hold some referendums on insignificant issues like how to use some small bit of land or what to name your province, with results you've decided ahead of time. I think you'll find that people are going to start liking you even more."

Effect: over 113% of @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ approve of the nation's new voting system

Option 3
"I ain't lettin' dirty black oil keep my daughter warm at night!" rants one of the governor's constituents, who hails from the "Rump" end of @@LEADER@@'s Rump Province. "You take that filth outta our communities and send it back to them disgustin' foreign cities where it belongs! @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ homes should be powered only by clean energy, from solar panels that blind birds and wind turbines that smack the little pests out of the sky!"

Effect: environmentalists aren't sure how to feel about the government's new "death ray" solar panels
Alternative: poison-tipped wind turbines broadcast migratory bird songs
Last edited by Cretox State on Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Reserved.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm

How much power do these regional governors actually have?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?