NATION

PASSWORD

Sig help

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Neo-Judia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Mar 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Sig help

Postby Neo-Judia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am

I’m trying to make my signature in forums but it won’t let me do so, when I try to it will say General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x8C\x85\xF0\x9F...' for column 'user_sig' at row 1 [1366]
the problem persists, even when I add more stuff, how to fix this?
Read1ng my s1gnature?
"He who has the son has life, he who does not have the son of GOD does not have life" -1 John 5:12
Notice: I am a ret1red featured h10per, and I may n0t c0me back!

User avatar
Comfed
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1832
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:32 pm

Are there emojis in your signature that you're trying to create? Those often cause errors when you submit them to the forums. Forum smilies also don't work in sigs.
TNP EIA
WA (Co-)Authorship: SC#390

10000 Islands Foreign Affairs wrote:~The population of 10000 Islands suffered a huge increase
Ankuran wrote:"Here's Form T-34 for issuing a bribe. Enter the recipient's name here, check reason for bribe here, enter amount here. Now we'll just swipe your card here. Would you like to join our Frequent Briber's Club? Get five percent cash back on your first bribe."
[violet] wrote:lol
Douglas Adams wrote:In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, everybody dies.
Nation reflects RL beliefs, especially bad ones. All stats are canon.

User avatar
Neo-Judia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Mar 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Neo-Judia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:34 pm

Comfed wrote:Are there emojis in your signature that you're trying to create? Those often cause errors when you submit them to the forums. Forum smilies also don't work in sigs.

Okay, thanks.
Read1ng my s1gnature?
"He who has the son has life, he who does not have the son of GOD does not have life" -1 John 5:12
Notice: I am a ret1red featured h10per, and I may n0t c0me back!

User avatar
Neo-Judia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Mar 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Neo-Judia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:40 pm

Somehow I have been seeing nations browsing forums but the nations don’t exist, like for example, Google [bot], why do they pop up and are they really a nation?
Read1ng my s1gnature?
"He who has the son has life, he who does not have the son of GOD does not have life" -1 John 5:12
Notice: I am a ret1red featured h10per, and I may n0t c0me back!

User avatar
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11033
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Neo-Judia wrote:Somehow I have been seeing nations browsing forums but the nations don’t exist, like for example, Google [bot], why do they pop up and are they really a nation?

"Google [bot]" is a web crawler. It reads threads and uploads them to Google, the search engine.

Your sig appears to be work-in-progressy; hopefully you have better luck this time.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; possibly very controversial; *author of the most popular WA resolution ever
Who am I, really? 46yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing much

User avatar
Neo-Judia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Mar 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Neo-Judia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Neo-Judia wrote:Somehow I have been seeing nations browsing forums but the nations don’t exist, like for example, Google [bot], why do they pop up and are they really a nation?

"Google [bot]" is a web crawler. It reads threads and uploads them to Google, the search engine.

Your sig appears to be work-in-progressy; hopefully you have better luck this time.

What about "Baidu [Spider]"?
Read1ng my s1gnature?
"He who has the son has life, he who does not have the son of GOD does not have life" -1 John 5:12
Notice: I am a ret1red featured h10per, and I may n0t c0me back!

User avatar
Comfed
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1832
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 pm

Neo-Judia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:"Google [bot]" is a web crawler. It reads threads and uploads them to Google, the search engine.

Your sig appears to be work-in-progressy; hopefully you have better luck this time.

What about "Baidu [Spider]"?

Also a web crawler. Edit: "spider" is just another word for web crawler.
Last edited by Comfed on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNP EIA
WA (Co-)Authorship: SC#390

10000 Islands Foreign Affairs wrote:~The population of 10000 Islands suffered a huge increase
Ankuran wrote:"Here's Form T-34 for issuing a bribe. Enter the recipient's name here, check reason for bribe here, enter amount here. Now we'll just swipe your card here. Would you like to join our Frequent Briber's Club? Get five percent cash back on your first bribe."
[violet] wrote:lol
Douglas Adams wrote:In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, everybody dies.
Nation reflects RL beliefs, especially bad ones. All stats are canon.

User avatar
United Calanworie
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 364
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:11 am

This is the appropriate venue for signature related help. As such, locking this thread.
Discord: Aav#7564
She/Her/Hers
||||||||||||||||||||
HYPR: TG API software (GitHub) | Spyglass (forum) (GitHub) (Latest Release)
No legality guarantees are attached to software linked here. Just because I wrote it/am a maintainer does not mean that it will be rules compliant 100% of the time.



Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: North Experina

Advertisement

Remove ads