NATION

PASSWORD

In what country should I apply for refugee status?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Animeland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Animeland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:32 pm

I am from America so all western countries are eliminated. (They hate refugees and would send me back since America is a white country.) I am thinking of going to North Korea since I know they will let me stay if I pledge allegiance to their country. Or I could go and apply for refugee status in Cambodia. I would like Nepal but they don't have a real refugee process. South Africa seems like a bad option too since treatment is bad. I speak Spanish so maybe Peru, Bolivia, or Mexico are the best options and I can imagine actually getting my request approved in those countries. What do you guys think?

DeMoNiC sAtAn
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby DeMoNiC sAtAn » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:34 pm

Hold up like in real life?
Hello. I live in a place in this world. Or do I?
Read meh factbooks. They contain all meh lore.
Ceremonial Chant: POTATO! CARROT! NUKES! AND A HOUSEPLANT!
Latest Bad Idea: NaNoWrimo + Homestuck binge
Me according to F7: Ted the Satanist ranch-obsessive politics nerd.
Ex-meme nation, lore-making met procrastination
Current Pronouns: they/he
Askyclerollll. All hail askyclerol.
tAsTe tHe DeTeRgeNt.
Potatotatotato. Potota. Niurskirsi! potata. Think of screaming. There is rat. Barin. Brainbrainbrain. Snaisnailsnailsnail. Clooooooooosed captions.
voldemort saying give me harry potter style:
give meeee bobaaa teaaa
giveeee meee brownsugarmilkteawithlessicehalfsugar

Arjunnagar
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arjunnagar » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm

why would you move away from the land of the free?

Terminus Station
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Station » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Animeland wrote:I am from America so all western countries are eliminated. (They hate refugees and would send me back since America is a white country.) I am thinking of going to North Korea since I know they will let me stay if I pledge allegiance to their country. Or I could go and apply for refugee status in Cambodia. I would like Nepal but they don't have a real refugee process. South Africa seems like a bad option too since treatment is bad. I speak Spanish so maybe Peru, Bolivia, or Mexico are the best options and I can imagine actually getting my request approved in those countries. What do you guys think?

cuba, russia and chile are your best bets. but any country without an extradition treaty with america is best if you want to get away from crimes.
Last edited by Terminus Station on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What happens to a Communist when he/she is given the most work "according to their ability" but are given nothing in return "according to their needs?"
Being Trans is ok, gender isn't assigned.

-->BANNED FOR TROLLING NAZIS<--

Animeland
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Animeland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Terminus Station wrote:
Animeland wrote:I am from America so all western countries are eliminated. (They hate refugees and would send me back since America is a white country.) I am thinking of going to North Korea since I know they will let me stay if I pledge allegiance to their country. Or I could go and apply for refugee status in Cambodia. I would like Nepal but they don't have a real refugee process. South Africa seems like a bad option too since treatment is bad. I speak Spanish so maybe Peru, Bolivia, or Mexico are the best options and I can imagine actually getting my request approved in those countries. What do you guys think?

cuba, russia and chile are your best bets.

I know Cuba is a good option for me. Russia is a bit reactionary for me and they don't like LGBT. I will investigate Chile but idk how it is there. For some reason I really desire to go to North Korea specifically. Something about that society seems so nice and draws me to want to live over there. I guess Cuba is really the most realistic option.

Animeland
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Animeland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Demonic Satan wrote:Hold up like in real life?
Yes.

Terminus Station
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Station » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Animeland wrote:
Terminus Station wrote:
cuba, russia and chile are your best bets.

I know Cuba is a good option for me. Russia is a bit reactionary for me and they don't like LGBT. I will investigate Chile but idk how it is there. For some reason I really desire to go to North Korea specifically. Something about that society seems so nice and draws me to want to live over there. I guess Cuba is really the most realistic option.

you could always go to china, find the chinese embassy there and make a case to become a n. korean citizen. they could always use more slaves over there afterall.
"What happens to a Communist when he/she is given the most work "according to their ability" but are given nothing in return "according to their needs?"
Being Trans is ok, gender isn't assigned.

-->BANNED FOR TROLLING NAZIS<--

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Your best bet would probably be to jump through all the hoops to get residency or citizenship in another country if you don't intend to stay in the US. Generally speaking, no- you're not going to be granted "refugee" status because the US is too rich and developed of a country and other countries aren't taking Americans in so easily. There are only so many places which are English speaking but culturally similar.

That would pretty much be Canada, but their government/politics/history is vastly different. You'll be going from a federal government to a parliamentary one. Plus because Canada is liberal by default, they'll be concerned that you're too conservative for Canada's values. Expatriates tend to hang out with other expatriates, because that is what will be practical.

Other choices might be the UK, Australia, or New Zealand, but those places will have their challenges.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nipponkyo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Nipponkyo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Generation Z... I swear...
Last edited by Nipponkyo on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Incel Argentina
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Incel Argentina » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Haiti seems to be the safest bet.
IC:
Argentina was long oppresed by feminism, that was until the incel movement decided to act... (just read my factbooks ffs, I'm too lazy to resume stuff)

OOC:
XVI year old male, antifeminist, MRA and incel. Agnostic-Atheist, but respectful of religious people.
IDRLabs Feminism Test ~ LeftValues ~ CenterValues ~ RightValues ~ IDRLabs Alt-Right Test

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:42 pm

Hi Animeland, welcome to NSG!

I would like to redirect you to the chat thread, as NSG is not a blog nor a place to create whole threads asking for any kind of advice.
With that, I will be locking this thread.

If you need any help getting around feel free to send me a Telegram.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General