NATION

PASSWORD

Hearts of Gold (And Silver) [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Hearts of Gold (And Silver) [Closed]

Postby Dyste » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:23 pm

(OoC: Co-written with Rohane Alista, Legokiller, Glaristant and Malgrave)

Within the Holy City of Glacius, in the southern area of Silverdale, a celebration was held in the snowy land. However, within the Grand Temple, things were more frantic as setup was happening around in order to prepare for the big day ahead.

Glacia herself sat in the sacred chambers designated for her, taking in a few deep breaths; she didn’t ever expect this actually would’ve happened! Over the last five years, she had slowly fallen for the guest of her realm, but she didn’t expect that he actually felt the same about her. The dragoness felt over her belly, proof of just how much she meant to him, as she looked at the mirror, trying to get her hair right.

Another woman sat to her right, eyes closed as her blonde hair was brushed by someone else. She smiled, trying to look over at Glacia and somewhat missing the mark. "Hey, how're you doing, Glacia? I'm sorry I can't do your makeup myself, but… well, you know, I'm not really sure you would have needed any anyways!"

“Heh, I suppose not, Petra,” Glacia giggled, “I’ve never really needed it, y’know?” she patted Petra’s hand, “I’m just glad you were able to come to this after everything…”

"I wasn't going to miss this for anything, Glacia," Petra replied, lightly grabbing Glacia's hand. "Seriously, I know it's been a rough few years for us both, but you're still almost as close to me as my sisters… and probably closer than Eyvel!" She added with a giggle. "I'm… glad you invited me, honestly, into the bridal party. I know with my condition it's… not ideal."

“I mean, how could I not?” Glacia said, “You deserve to be here as much as anyone else does. After all, you’re part of the reason this all happened; that adventure to find Vlad made me learn more about him, and made me wish to help him out… and you helped us make it that far. Besides, hopefully now we both get a chance to take a little break from all the stress after this?”

"You make a trip five years ago sound like it happened a month ago, Glacia," Petra smiled in the goddesses general direction, squeezing her hand. "I don't recall being all that helpful there, but it was worth it for sure. You and Narris meeting Vlad, sure, but I got probably my two best friends out of it, and I'm just happy you're happy, and… well, honestly, this is a good break for me anyways. It's just nice to hear that little flutter in your voice when you say his name! You really do love him a whole lot, huh?"

“I really do,” the dragoness sighed in contentment. “I’m not sure most people understood why I fell for him so much, but he’s… just so lovable once you get to know him, Petra. He had a hard time getting used to everything, but when he opened up more, he showed just how kind and loving he could be, and also rather fun to be around! I always wanted someone who could just keep up with me and go on fun adventures, and after I woke up from… that ritual,” she still bore the scar from that, “The two of us just spent time traveling a bit and becoming even closer. Not to mention giving me something special,” she put Petra’s hand to feel over her stomach.

Petra slowly ran her hand over Glacia's stomach, her smile growing. "If you're getting this big already, Glacia, you're gonna have quite the little… big one on your hands," she giggled. "I'm glad you've both figured it out, honestly. I'm sure the people who don't understand will come around, and if they don't, well… you'll always have your best friend in Glaristant, alright?"

“Good thing you added that last bit about Glaristant, I don’t think Yuki would be happy about it otherwise,” Glacia giggled. “Not to mention Narris…”

"Yuki will get over it. I mean it's not like Petra here hasn't supplanted her to a degree." Narris joked, putting the finishing touches on Petras's hair, "That aside, ye can always count on me to be present for ye….Glaci."

“Don’t joke like that,” Petra replied before anyone else could. “Last thing I need is for Yuki to decide I’m a menace, thank you very much.”

“You know not to tease a fox when I’m here…” Yuki sniffed. “For a moment, I thought Alvis would fight over Glaci like a crazed dragon but…. She’s gonna get married again.”

“Oh, don’t worry cuddlefox,” Glacia petted the foxkin’s tails, “You know Alv and I have a… pretty special relationship, as it were,” she giggled, “I’m just glad that Nari and I got to spend some time together beforehand too before that became a problem… in fact, well, we might have something special in the future too.”

"I am glad we got to spend a good deal of time together as well, snuggle elf…..or should I say dragon." Narris giggled as she embraced Glacia. The gold dragoness gave a light and at Glacia's remark, "Hehe….Oh I think it will be sooner than you think…."

"What are you two planning?" Petra asked. "C'mon, honor amongst thieves and all, right?"

“We’re not doing another heist if that’s what you’re thinking, Petra,” Glacia winked, “... It’s just, well, if we’re both gonna be married to Vlad, we had to consider what we are to each other, and well, I was thinking about it and Narris just decided that perhaps we should be together ourselves, shouldn’t we?”

“And he was fine with that?” Petra once agains asked, totally missing Glacia’s wink as she was facing slightly to Glacia’s right. “Well, good for the both of you… the all of you? So that means another wedding, right? Should I just stay in Silverdale for awhile this time?” The Alistinian added with a small laugh.

“Well…..we haven’t exactly told him about it yet….but I suppose we might need to do that soon. And yes, we should snuggle dragon.” Narris giggled as she winked, “Well, odds are we might end up having the wedding elsewhere….either in Anfang or perhaps back in Reinvel.”

"... you should probably tell him before you start planning," Petra replied, her tone dropping. "Unless, I guess, he started the relationship with Glacia without getting your approval, Narris, but… I dunno, even then it's a bit…"

“Nonono, we did end up talking about Vlad and I getting together a bit after that moment, but… yeah, you’re right, we should tell him at some point,” Glacia sighed. “I don’t want to upstage this moment though, especially since, well… Vlad might have a special announcement himself,” she giggled.

"Well, yeah, it's his day too!" Petra giggled a little. "They try and hide it, but the guys are just as nervous and excited. Rolvy, during our wedding… actually, he might throw a fit if I told you that story. Let's just say it was a good thing dad was there to stop him from making himself sick…"

“Another wedding?” Yuki sighed. “Glacia, you know this would be overwhelming. At the end of this day: it’d be three alongside the other close lovers. Soon you’d find yourself in a family circle before it’d implode. I know one dragon lover left Brasa because of that reason.”

“Don’t worry, cuddlefox, we’ll sort this whole thing out,” Glacia winked. “But you’re right, we’ll tell him afterwards, let’s not spoil our big day; today’s about Vlad becoming my husband, after all,” she giggled.

“I hope so cuddlebug.” Yuki then giggled. “Otherwise you’d have to compete with Amasal’s big lover implosions, but she isn’t known to be married to anyone. I mean, have you heard of what happened to Shirou? A man who fell for her and made one crude joke that was just worth enough for Amasal to turn him into a pig.”

"A pig?" Petra asked with incredulity. "That's the kind of story most Rohanians used to bat around as to why gods are, y'know… not their favorite…"

“Yes, and I remember the website that one Rohanian blogger created to highlight all the jerkass moments of the gods from urban legends, fables, and even religious books. Oh those were the days.” Yuki mused.

“Well, you know that not all of us are like that, right, Petra?” Glacia said. “Yuki and I, and Shieldy and Alvis, are trying to be more in-tune with mortals and the like, and avoid doing such acts.”

"Glacia," Petra lifted a small necklace with a symbol of Camille on it from under her dress. "You know I don't think like that. I've been a follower of Camille since I was a child! I've had nothing against gods longer than most of my people, and I think you being one of my best friends is proof enough of that!"

“... I’m a silly dragon, aren’t I?” Glacia reached over to hug her, causing her pink-haired elven maid Flocon to meep, “Master, please sit still, so I can get your hair right!”

“Sorry, Flocon,” Glacia sighed, “But… thanks, Petra. Having you and Narris alongside the likes of Yuki and Sis has really helped me in a bad time in my life, too.”

"I don't think I've done that much, but the same to you," Petra leaned forward, disrupting her own haircare, to return the hug. "Really, I know it was a bad time for you, too, but when I lost… well, your support meant a lot. Thanks."

“It was our pleasure for us to help ye how we could during that time, Petra. Honestly, we both owed you that much given how you have stood by the two of us and Vlad over the years.” Narris said, patting Petra’s shoulder as she giggled, “Now would you stop moving, please? You’re messing up your hair, lass.”

"You say no to a hug from the goddess of hugs," Petra complained, leaning back anyways. "I still wish I could have done your makeup, you would have been so stunning… like a goddess in the flesh!" The Alistinian woman giggled at her own joke.

“Aw, don’t worry, Petra, you know even if you can’t we’ll always have you join us for stuff like this,” Glacia went back, “You helped me properly meet Vlad, after all, it’s only right you get to be here for this day! I wonder if Vlad’s nervous, too, though…”

—----------------------

"... I don't know, I'm starting to really like the idea of just running off somewhere," Vlad said, staring into a mirror. Somehow he was once again in a suit, though he had, as usual, refused to wear his tie properly. "I mean… there are way way too many people here…"

“C’mon, Vlad,” Alvis stood behind him, being in a suit in no way concealing his charms, “You’ve done a great job recently of opening up a little more to people. Surely this won’t intimidate the great dragon, will it?”

"Don't be a jackass, Alvis," Vlad groaned, frowning at his hair. "It's been a slow process. And now there's… quite a few people, huh? And some of them definitely don't like me… not as bad as Araya was, I hope…"

“Oh, speaking of that,” Alvis said. “There’s actually someone who insisted on meeting with you… c’mon, you knew this one had to come sooner or later when you decided to marry Glacia. Let’s hope he likes you…”

By the door, a white-haired arctic elven man in fine clothes walked in, “Ah, so this is him… you must be Vladimir, yes? My name is Ledas Invernos.”

"Ah," Vlad tried to smile, though most people might have called it a grimace. "Hello, Mr. Invernos. I suppose you're wanting to make sure I'm, uh… fit to marry your daughter?"

“Well, my daughter is an intelligent and talented enough woman to decide for herself what kind of person she wants to be with,” Ledas replied, “That said, I would like to see for myself what type of person you are. I have heard quite a few things from many people, but I’d rather meet the man himself. I’ll ask you a simple question, why do you wish to marry my daughter, Vlad?”

"Because I love her?" Vlad replied, obviously confused. "Why else? You should be well aware this isn't an arranged marriage…"

“Well, obviously,” Ledas had a small smile, “But what made you fall in love with her? Many people claim to have feelings for her, and I want to hear yours.”

"It's… that's not an easy question to answer," Vlad said, scratching his chin. "Uh… I mean there's the obvious stuff, of course. She's beautiful, she's brilliant, all that. But… well, I think maybe it's just because she's a good person, like a really good person. She treats everyone so well, when I was… in a bad spot, she invited me into her home to help care for me, and you know, I learned a lot from her. And then, even beyond that… she understands me, in a way not many do; some of my struggles, they're reflected in her, and the way she overcomes, it's inspiring, it makes me want to be better, and uh… I can't tell you why or when exactly I fell in love with her, sorry. I can tell you when I realized, or why I love her now…"

“I see… it seems you understand her well,” Ledas nodded, “She’s always trying to help others when she sees someone who needs it, and she’s talked with me over the years about you, you know. About the dragon she knew was a better person than he realized, and how happy she was when you started to open up to her. Even for her, spending so much time dedicated to someone like this, it’s really no surprise to me she had fallen for you. Not to mention, you actually helped her with a childhood dream; did you know she wanted to be a dragon?”

"I did not. You're not upset about that?" Vlad questioned. "I figured, 'cause she's your daughter…"

“She is also a grown woman capable of deciding things for herself,” Ledas admitted. “You’ve noticed that, right? When she wants to do something, she’ll do whatever she can to make it happen, no matter how long it takes. She’s quite driven underneath the surface. And she made that same commitment to helping you. So long as you treat my daughter with the love and care she deserves, I’ll be happy to have you as a son-in-law.”

"Of course I will," Vlad nodded. "I… actually, I'm glad you look at it like that. Even if I have my regrets about how everything went down, I've chosen to respect Glacia's decision was hers to make so… I'm glad we can see eye to eye on that. I prefer to make my promises to those they actually directly concern but I'll still promise you; your daughter will be treated well by me. As well as someone like me can."

“Either way, there’s other members of the family you’ll have to talk to as well,” Ledas chuckled, “My grandmother is certainly interested to meet the dragon who wants to marry her snuggly great-granddaughter, but for now, I’ll let you get ready.”

After Ledas left, Alvis wiped his brow, “Phew… geez, I was worried for a moment, but Glacia’s dad has always been a reasonable man.”

"I'm surprised," Vlad frowned a little, turning back to the mirror and continuing to fail to tame his hair. "Most people here don't seem to like me at first. Probably means I've gotten worse at faking things… but I was genuine there, and he seemed alright with it."

“C’mon, is it so bad to actually have people like you?” Alvis teased. “You’ve been here for nearly six years now, you’ve even made some friends in that time! But not everyone’s as good as Glacia is in bringing out the best in you.”

"I didn't say it was bad," Vlad rolled his eyes and gave up, picking up his necklace and looking at the red stone, touching it to his forehead before slipping it over his head. "Yes, the necklace stays. The necklace always stays. I've never told you why, have I?"

“Hm? No, I don’t think you have,” Alvis said, thinking about it. He didn’t like to pry too much into these sorts of things, generally allowing Vlad to discuss them when they came up. “So why?”

"... it was my mother's. The stone, I mean," Vlad stared at it in the mirror. "Her… I think you call them dragonstones, here, her equivalent of that. It's… the only thing I have left of my parents, now. I think she would have wished she could be here…"

“... I would think so, too,” Alvis said, “Glacia’s been fortunate to have both her parents survive this long, but her mother had been gravely wounded when she was little, apparently she was saving their hometown from a monster attack. It apparently was part of the reason she wanted to be a knight, to protect people like her mom did. Even if both of these happened a long time ago, they really define what we become, don’t they?”

"What happens when you're young just has all that much more time to reverberate," Vlad muttered. "This is a weird time to bring this up, but I trust you a lot, Alvis, so I have a request. Something… I don't think Glacia or Narris should have to deal with."

“Whatever you need, Vlad,” Alvis knew that if Vlad was asking him like this, it must be important.

"If… if anything happens to me, I want you to make absolutely sure this necklace and my sword get to Diana," Vlad didn't look at Alvis, fiddling with his ring from Narris. "I don't just mean today, but… ever."

“... of course, man,” Alvis put his hand on Vlad’s shoulder, “I know it’s too much to ask of either of them, and I know we’ll all try our best to make sure it doesn’t come to pass, but if it does… I will do everything I can to make it happen.”

"Thank you, Alvis," Vlad took a deep breath, holding it a few minutes before letting it out. "Alright, so I'm thinking that if I go out a back window, no one will notice at first…"

Alvis grabbed Vlad’s arm, “Oh no you don’t! You made a promise to Glacia, remember? After all she’s done for you, you owe her this, right? Just go through with it and then you two can go off on whatever honeymoon you’ve planned for her.”

"I made her a dragon! That's got to count for something!" Vlad protested, then grumpily sighed. "Of course I don't actually intend to run off. At least not before the ceremony. Might need to after the speeches, though."

“Oh really?” Alvis said. “What about the reception? Glacia told me you had something in mind for that…”

"I meant after that," Vlad nodded. "No hints for you, buster. You can stand there wondering what the big thing will be just like everyone else… it isn't a cake with people in it, I heard that's a thing."

“I have some theories, but I’ll leave it at that,” Alvis snorted. “I do have one request, though… during that, can you talk with Talva a bit? I know you two have been able to talk over what happened a few months ago, but she’s still nervous about being here. It would mean a lot to Cori, too.”

“I intend to, assuming I don’t get run out of the nation again,” Vlad shook his head. “Actually, I’ve got a surprise for her, too. It’s a bit of a gift to her, a bit of a gift to her mom, if she wants it,” Vlad said, handing a small roll of paper over to Alvis. “Would be nice if you held onto this for me, even.”

“I’m sure she won’t- oh?” Alvis took the paper from Vlad, “Between this announcement and this, you’re up to something here, I just know it. Let’s hope this doesn’t cause too much chaos… then again, this is you we’re talking about, so it’s hard to say how much is too much…”

“Hey, this one shouldn’t be too bad! The other thing… blame Narris and Glacia, they pushed me to make it happen,” Vlad chuckled and grinned. “Is it time, Alvis? Or do I have one last chance to convince you to let me slip out the back?”

“You know this is Glacia’s temple, right?” Alvis smirked, “She’ll know if you do it, and do you really want to know what she’s like when she’s upset?”

“Just keeping you on your toes, Alvis. Let’s go,” Vlad replied, adjusting the tie one more time. “It doesn’t feel all that long ago I was in this exact spot…”

“Yeah, well, don’t make a habit of it,” the red dragon teased him, patting him on the back, “C’mon, let’s get going before we’re late.”

“Right, right,” Vlad nodded. “Wait, I just said that! Come on, Alvis, this is supposed to be my day with Glacia, don’t steal my thunder too much,” he continued, opening the door and exiting the room. Luckily, this time, he knew exactly where to go.

—----------------------

For the second time since he had come to Mystria, Vlad was standing on the left side of an altar, waiting for a woman to walk down the aisle to him. His cast of groomsmen had changed a bit; Alvis was still there as best man, of course, and Lowell was still included too, but now Corrinym was added, then it was Rolven, and an empty spot for Glacia’s father, who he thought should be coming down the aisle with her any minute now, or he was going to fly straight into the sun to get away from what he frankly considered to be the overcrowded temple.

Within the attendance was the grand assortment of all the people that Vladmir and Glacia met, to honorary guests. Needless to say, there was a massive group of people on Glacia’s side. The cuddle knight holy order with Arthurus, Cherche, and Lyclyn in the middle section. There were a number of deities from the adventurous and ‘infamous’ Amasal, the mother Camille with a young elven blonde daughter named Hiela, Brigit with her young elf daughter Rina, Dahlia with her rabbit-ish daughter Barbara, and the winter maiden Avala. Then of course there was the Brasa, who divided themselves as their aspects of Blanca, Marron, Sandy, Shana, Aea and Aoife. Even at the front row was Shield who couldn’t help herself but cry a little, which Amy tried to pat her on the shoulder. Then there was Nelvana who was thankfully at her first wedding to watch Glacia marry another love, and keep Shield’s kids Julia, Silver, and Saber orderly. All the while keep her baby elf Lenna happy with the rest of Glacia’s kids: Lumia, Chera, and Caeda.

In addition, there were the likes of Glacia’s fellow allies in the First Order of Mythic Guardians, like the Orderman Stacey-Lynn Odajima and her Mal neko wife Rosario, the penguin pirate Memphis, and Kyara the guardian of the dead. In the front with Shield and Nelvana was Glacia’s mother Neve, alongside her granddaughter Bubble and a silver-haired dragon elf. In the back, Talva was there, still nervous about being here, with Snow close by with their kids. Vlad’s own side, by comparison, was comparatively smaller, the most notable figure was Queen Tynah Blackfang of Dyste, who had befriended the dragon over the last few months, alongside members of her retinue, like her consort Flora, her Bovinian half-sister Tysteus, the human admiral Tobias, the alchemist Mitako II, and Narris’ old boss the Sarkesh pirate Diega. In the front was Keiko and Ivrea with Vlad’s kids with Narris.

The bridesmaids walked up, with Yuki leading Narris, Petra, Mishera, Flocon, and Neige up to the podium, where Glacia’s high priestess and de facto leader of Glacius, Fridea Chandel, stood, highly anticipating this day; not every day a priestess was able to marry her own goddess to someone!

After some waiting, Glacia entered the room, being walked down the aisle by her father, wearing a gorgeous white dress with a blue flower on her neck and a flower-filled veil, as she moved up to the podium, giving small waves to people as she passed until she reached the front, giving Vlad a longing look and a soft smile.

Vlad swallowed, his smile both nervous and joyous, darting his eyes to his much smaller collection of guests just in time to catch Diana waving at him, the nerves fading a little as he looked back to Glacia. He wanted to speak, but he knew it wasn’t the time, and he could already feel Yuki glaring at his very obviously incorrectly done up tie, making him decide not to risk any further wrath that might ruin the event.

After Glacia walked next to Vlad, and Ledas took his side next to the other groomsmen, Fridea spoke up, “My friends, I have married many people in my lady’s name, blessings be upon her, but today I have the privilege of marrying the Lady of Affection herself, to someone who has touched her heart in a way that few others are capable of. For even someone as loving and kind as Lady Glacia, true love can be hard to come by, which makes it all the more special when you find that person you wish to spend your life with. Now then, in well, your name, my lady,” Fridea winked. “Please state your vows.”

Vlad reached across, taking Glacia’s hands, staring into her eyes, and coming up with absolutely nothing. It seemed he had forgotten his prewritten, checked, and edited vows, so he just started to speak. “I have to admit, I had actually kind of hoped never to be standing in this spot again, five years ago. There’s been a lot of changing of… who I am, what I am, what love means to me since then, and more of it comes down to you, Glacia, than I could ever give credit for. I really sometimes still wonder what you saw in me, no matter how many times you tell me, but I’d be a lot worse off if you had never taken that chance on me, and… uh, I guess I’m trying to say thank you, for everything you’ve done for me since the day we met, but especially for… helping me become a better version of myself. Of course, I’ve said this before, on more than one occasion, but I don’t know that I’ve ever said it to you, so here goes… I swear to grant you all the happiness I can, all the joy and security and the knowledge that not only are you beautiful, and brilliant, and a simply amazing person… but that you’ve made a difference in my life that I will always, always be trying to repay.”

Glacia couldn’t help but grin widely at this; it was just so him, all the awkwardness and yet sincerity that she loved. “Vlad… when I first met you, I knew I wanted to help you, and when I learned more, that only accentuated my desire to make sure you could be happy again. When we got to spend more time with you, I began to admire you, not just for your skill and capabilities, but for your dedication and even all your whims and all the silly moments. I don’t know exactly when I fell in love with you, but I know it’s when you really opened up and showed me the real you, the you I love and want in my life. What’s more, you helped me accept who I am; I’ve been doubting myself for so long, but for the first time in a long while, I feel comfortable with who I am. I vow to you, Vlad, that I will always make sure you can be the best you can be, and have a happy life where you can truly enjoy being who you are, and playing a part in granting you the family you desire,” she lightly pressed her stomach, “And when you ever feel lonely, or sad, or needy, I will make sure that you remember that you are very much loved and wanted, my hero.”

Fridea chuckled seeing the two awkwardly yet lovingly state their vows. “You two are so lovely together… but I suppose we should make this official, right? Do you, Vladimir L’Brises, take Glacia Invernos as your wife?”

"I do," Vlad replied, pulling a small platinum ring out of his pocket and sliding it onto Glacia's left ring finger, small sapphires in the shape of a snowflake set in it, an engraving of a dragon along the band.

“And do you, my Lady,” Fridea looked at Glacia, “Take Vladimir as your husband?”

Glacia took a ring from Yuki, a golden one with a jewel on the top that appeared to be half-gold, half-light blue, a pair of dragons coiled together in the shape of a heart engraved into it, slipping it onto Vlad’s finger, “I do!”

“Well, then,” Fridea chuckled, “I suppose I’m technically doing this in your name, so by the power vested in me… by you, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. In the name of affection, you are united in love and life.”

Vlad leaned forward, kissing Glacia deeply and wrapping his arms around her, heading apart with a smaller than usual, but very sincere, smile. "I wanted to say you were gorgeous walking up, but I thought Yuki might strangle me with my own tie," he whispered.

Glacia kissed him back, hugging him tightly, “You’re so sweet, my love… I still can’t believe it’s finally happening. Between this and what’ll happen soon, this is a day I’ll never forget…”

"No one will ever forget it," Vlad chuckled softly, but before he could speak again, there was a shout from the front row.

"Diana, no!" Keiko's voice rang out, and a moment later, a surprisingly sturdy small child ran into Glacia's leg, either hugging or tugging on it, it was hard to tell.

“Oh, hi, Diana!” Glacia giggled as she reached down to pat Diana on the head. “Having fun?”

Diana pointed at Narris in the line of bridesmaids, exclaiming "Mama!," then pointed at Glacia and paused before adding "Mama TWO!" in a triumphant voice.

“Awwww,” Glacia snuggled her, “That’s right, Diana! I’m part of your family now! And we’ll keep making this family bigger and better, right?” She winked at Vlad.

“I certainly hope so,” Vlad grinned, leaning down and picking up Diana, who reached out for Glacia. “By now you’re well aware I want a big family, Glacia. Admittedly, I didn’t think it would be this big, but… I’m really happy with it, honestly. My people are making a comeback…”

“And I promise I’ll do my part to make that happen,” Glacia hugged Vlad and Diana, “We’ll have the greatest family in Mystria! Now, c’mon, let’s get to the reception before we’re swarmed by everyone. You’ve got your big announcement to share…”

"I'm getting a bit nervous about that, too," Vlad admitted as Diana climbed into Glacia's arms, waving at Narris. "I'm not sure that's a good idea… but you and Narris both think I should, right?"

“Aw, c’mon,” Glacia giggled, “You said you wanted to make a big impact here, and we’ll both support you on the way, like we will in all your life, my love.”

"Well, yeah, I do want to, something positive, too," Vlad agreed, leading Glacia back down the aisle, trying to get to the reception room before the crowds crushed them. "And of course I know you'll both have my back… I mean, I'll do it. I just hope no fights break out at our wedding…"

“Oh, don’t worry, Fridea will make sure that doesn’t happen,” Glacia giggled, “She might look sweet and snuggly, because she is, but she keeps things running here like nobody else could.”
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:24 pm

The pair went to the reception room where food from across Silverdale and beyond was set up for the guests, a table for the bride and groom set up nearby a statue of Glacia and a large cake with a pair of dragons curled up with each other as the decoration on top. “Here’s hoping there’s enough for everyone,” Glacia winked.

"I'm pretty sure I ordered some backups, in case Diana got ahold of it first," Vlad sighed a little, but he was smiling, patting his daughter in Glacia's arms on the head, making her laugh and squirm. "It's a little odd to be having this party next to a statue of yourself, isn't it?"

“That’s what we get for holding it in my temple,” Glacia sighed, sitting down finally as she seemed a little winded, “Phew, good to sit down for a bit! My little wyrmling’s been really full of energy today!”

"Maybe they can tell what an important day it is," Vlad said, helping push in Glacia's chair and taking Diana. "They've gotten really active recently, haven't they? It seems like they're kicking a lot more often?"

“Possibly,” Glacia giggled, “I think they’ll be a strong one! … geez, I hope we can still have a good honeymoon. No doubt you’ve got something for that, though…”

"I've done my best, and for now that's all you get to know! Let me have a little bit of a surprise for you!" Vlad laughed, bouncing Diana in his arms and then setting her down and pointing her towards the people now waking into the room, which included Narris. "Mama would love to see you, Di, so go say hi to her!" He encouraged, and the little one ran off. "She has such a kind heart. I think the realm has been really good for her. I'm not sure I ever said thank you for that."

“Having a safe place where she was surrounded by loving people was helpful, much like it was for you,” Glacia patted Vlad’s hand, “I think seeing all this, it’s something I think maybe all of your dragonkind needs; even when you tried to resist it, you really are happier when in a place with people you care about, isn’t it?”

"Aren't most people?" Vlad replied, sitting himself and smiling at the guests as they entered. "You're right, though. Being in a place with people who care about me, and well I care about, it's made a lot of things easier. The only time I even came close to the madness while fighting Talva was when Ivy got hurt… and even then, it was controllable," he said, flipping his hand and grabbing Glacia's. "That's definitely from being in… such a good place. And with such great people, though a few stand out…"

“And you’ll get to meet a lot more people close to me, as you’ve joined my family too,” Glacia waved as the guests arrived. “You’ll find out you have more people who care about you than you realize!”

"There there, sweetie….mom hasn't forgotten you." Narris said as she patted Diana's shoulder before joining her husband and Glacia. "Oh give it a few months and he will be overwhelmed once he realizes how many people care about him." Narris joked, giving Vlad a grin.

"Hopefully you won't keep too busy meeting those friends of yours, cuddle elf. After all, there are some of us that would like to spend a good deal of time with him," a pink haired woman that towered over the two said, her green dress flowing behind her.

Vlad smiled at Narris before frowning at the other woman. "Not today, Kyara," he sighed.

"Wasn't saying today, Vlad. Besides, I would rather not ruin my dear little elf's special day by besting you again." Kyara said, giving him a wink, "At any rate, congrats you two."

“Try saying that when you don’t have Talva softening him up, Ky,” Glacia teased. “But just try to enjoy yourselves, okay? This is a party, after all!”

“Glacia…” Nelvana approached the elf to embrace her! All to pour out a river of tears. “I am so proud of you!”

“Aww, thanks,” Glacia giggled, hugging the elven-looking woman, “Geez, you’re always so emotional at weddings, aren’t you?”

“It’s your wedding dear.” Nelvana stated. “The first time I attend to see you… I mean I was ashamed that I couldn’t attend the first one with you and Alvis.”

“Hey, that wasn’t your fault,” Glacia sighed, “You were still captured in the south pole at the time… but don’t worry, you’ll be able to attend a lot of the big events now! Like when Talva and Snow got together…”

"We're glad you could be here," Vlad added. "I promise no trees were harmed in the making of this wedding… by me, at least…"

“Oh no worries…” Nelvana chuckled. “But yes… do have a good honeymoon. Have a nice cruise or something out there in the planes. Or mix the two.”

"There's already something planned," Vlad smiled. "I did my best to give Glacia something she'll love. No spoilers for her though!"

“Cuddles! Gruffie!” The gray-blue haired dragon elf in a light blue dress approached the two. Genevieve smiled brightly as she looked at them. “Congratulations! You know this is quite bigger than the last wedding!”

"... Gruffie?" Vlad whispered to Glacia, confusion and horror battling for his expression. "Why… Gruffie?"

“I think it’s because sometimes you talk in a gruff way,” Glacia giggled, “Great-grandma Genny, you came! Vlad, she’s part of the reason I wanted to become a dragon myself, you know; I was really sad as a kid when I found out that I didn’t have enough of that blood to use a dragonstone.”

"Then I suppose I indirectly owe her, and also can blame her for your stubbornness," Vlad smirked. "So you're one of those dragon elves, huh? They're similar to the manakete from home in a lot of ways. Made it a little easier to fit in here, I think."

“Heheh, well I heard the name flung around and we’re quite the same in a sense. Of course, I don’t wanna rub the noise on that part!” Genny grinned. “But yes, I am quite the dragoness.” She then pulled out her silver-blue dragonstone.

"Well, something approaching a dragoness, at least," Vlad chuckled. "Maybe when we're back from the honeymoon, Glacia can show you her true dragon form?"

“Oooh, that’d be fun!” Glacia’s eyes lit up, “Vlad and Narris are both teaching me a little about using it and feeling more like a dragoness. Also, c’mon, Vlad, Alvis was a dragon elf too before his ritual, so you know a little about them I’d hope!”

"I know they're not true dragons," Vlad muttered very softly. "Regardless… if Glacia can't, I would be happy to show you my own dragon form. I'm a rarity even among dragons, aren't I, Glacia?" He smirked.

“I can assure everyone that there’s nobody truly like you,” Glacia teased. “Perhaps one day we’ll show everyone just how great a dragon you are!”

“Pff!” Genny laughed. “WHO CARES! True or not, we’re all still dragons, and the spirit is all that matters! I feel dragon enough as it is, so there we go.”

“You certainly seem more draconic than Glacia used to be,” Vlad snorted, then laughed. “It’s nice to meet you, uh… great-grandma. You’re not secretly an evil overlord, right?”

Genny showed off her draconic fang and then stuck her tongue. “Nah. A good wild dragon who worships Airius. Outside of that… My name is Genevieve Invernos. Dragon magus.””

“Just checking. I’ve only ever known one great-grandma, and she was a mad tyrant,” Vlad said, but stopped before explaining any further as Keiko started to approach the table. “Well, we can talk more later. You seem the type who might find one of our announcements… amusing.”

“Oh, hi, Keiko!” Glacia waved her over. “Sorry about snatching Diana up there, but she really wanted to see us. Are you enjoying yourself?”

“More like I’m sorry I couldn’t stop her in time,” the young adult kitsune shook her head, then smiled slyly. “So, what do you think, mom? Do you make a good dragoness?”

“Well, I’m enjoying it so far,” Glacia nodded, “But I still am trying to figure out if I’m truly a good one. Your father seems to think so, though.”

"I do," Vlad nodded. "Really, Glacia, I'm the biggest expert on being a dragon you know, you can trust my judgment on this!"

Keiko giggled, leaning over to whisper to Glacia, her eyes flashing blue for a mere moment. "I have a gift for you, but I thought it might do to wait until after the shocking announcement you and dad have?"

“Probably for the best you do,” Glacia winked, “He’s nervous enough already without more stuff to deal with beforehand.” She was interested in the gift of course, especially since it was Keiko; she might’ve had some insight into something she needed. “... thanks, Vlad, really. If you say I’m a good dragoness, I must be a good one, right?”

"Obviously," he replied confidently. "Hey, you've already helped me embrace my dragon side more, right? Isn't that evidence enough?"

Keiko leaned back with a smile. "Come on, don't be such a worrywart, mom. I was being rhetorical; I can kinda see the future, remember? I already know you're a good dragon!"

“Congratulations, Glacia! It was a wonderful ceremony, especially, as it was quite different to the coupling ceremonies that I am used to seeing in Malgrave,” Rosario said, the neko having made her way over to give Glacia a hug, “...but I did decide to bring a little tradition over from Malgrave by bringing along a little gift for you and Vladimir.”

Rosario shuffled around for a few moments before bringing out a small box containing a couple of intricate mithril bracelets that integrated designs from both Silverdalean and Malgravean culture.

“I know that you are already quite powerful people on your own accord, however, it is custom in Malgrave to provide a little something extra to new couples so that they are protected by the ancestors during their life as a couple together,” the neko explained while presenting the gift to Glacia.

“Aw, thanks, Rosy!” Glacia hugged her and accepted the bracelets; admittedly perhaps a little dragon greed was slipping in as she appreciated how shiny they were.

"Interesting," Vlad replied, looking at the bracelet for him with a curious eye. "Well, shiny things are always nice," he smiled as he slipped it on. "What's it do?"

“It confers protection on the wearer akin to a ring of protection? It is something that I put together a while ago to protect Stacey,” Rosario said quite happy to explain her work, “I don’t expect that you’ll need it but it is a nice precaution to have and can always be passed along to family members and friends in the future.”

"Actually, that's very useful," Vlad replied, spinning the bracelet on his wrist with a grin, watching it catch the light. "I don't usually use a ring of protection, so… thanks, cool gift."

Glacia giggled as he put hers on the opposite wrist of the bracer that she shared with her sister, “Now I have one for my sister and another for my husband! Thanks a lot, Rosy! Enjoy yourself at the party!”

Rosario bowed in gratitude before chuckling, “I fully intend on doing that Glacia, especially, since I expect it will be the last moment I can freely relax before Stacey and I have a family of ourselves to look after.”

“We’ll be having a family of our own, too,” Glacia patted her stomach, “Of course, we’ve already got a pretty big one, we’ll just be adding more to it, right, my love?”

"I'm happy to add to it with you, love," Vlad smiled at her, reaching over and squeezing her hand. "And I'm really looking forward to raising them with you, for as long as you'll have me!"

“Well, considering I’m eating for two now, and the second one is quite hungry, I think it’s time we eat now, right?” Glacia said, growling a bit.

"I would say yes, after that," Vlad laughed, standing and clinking his fork against a wine glass in front of him, watching the guests slowly settle down as food seemed to float in on its own. Some of it would likely catch the curiosity of most of those in attendance, not being Silverdalean seeming at all, though as she saw it, Keiko's tails almost wagged. Vlad's smile grew even larger at that; he had specially requested some Izumin dishes, from classics like sushi and yakisoba, to more obscure dishes, such as basashi, or kujira, mostly for her and himself, but he hoped regardless that at least some guests might try a taste of his own culture.

In addition to those, some classic Silverdalean dishes were there such as pumpkin spice pie, pasta, and of course Glacia’s own favourite meal, fish and chips. Of course, she herself also got some sushi in addition to this, “Oh, Vlad, remember the first time we had sushi together?”

"You sure were suspicious of it until you actually tried it," Vlad teased, himself having a large array of plates of food of all kinds. "But after that first bite you were hooked, weren't you? Don't worry, love, there will be plenty of it in your future," he chuckled softly, having gotten chopsticks from somewhere, grabbing one of Glacia's pieces of sushi and holding it up for her. "I've always wanted to try this…"

Glacia chomped on it, “Mmmm… I think maybe the dragon love of raw meat’s made it even better for me! I was a total klutz with chopsticks for the first while, I remember Keiko teasing me about it!”

"Don't tell Keiko this, but it took me almost a decade," Vlad whispered to Glacia, giving her a quick kiss and looking at his own food, deciding where to start, as several bottles of wine (and one bottle of firewhiskey) made their way out to the table as well, quickly ending up with Vlad possessing one of each kind of bottle. "I think they're doing a coffee for you, by the way, Glacia. That's what I requested, at least."

“Yay!” Glacia said, she always enjoyed coffee, and wasn’t a heavy drinker. “Granted, I do wonder if becoming a dragoness will change how I feel about some foods and drinks…”

"It made you like raw meat already," Vlad pointed out, offering her some of his basashi. "You're a silver dragon, so I'd say you'll like cold stuff but you already did, didn't you? Too bad, I would have loved to make you a pot of my special jambalaya. It's even spicier than the one you tried before!"

“Is that the one I ended up doing in a daze over?” She tried some of the basashi, “That was so embarrassing, but I still enjoyed that… probably because it was the first time I saw you laugh like that… I wouldn’t be surprised if that really was the moment I fell for you, y’know?”

"Thinking about that moment was what made me realize I was in love too, y'know?" Vlad said, trying now some of the pasta. "I mean, there was exactly one other person I felt so much like my best self around… but also, you were so funny! I really didn't think it was that hot!"

“C’mon, Vlad,” Glacia sighed, “Not everyone is you or Alvis here… good thing my maids can make me all the cold stuff I want, and ice cream too!” In spite of this, she moved her chair to cuddle up to Vlad, “I think it’s about time, don’t you think?”

"I suppose it is, isn't it," Vlad replied, looking a little nervous as he leaned back against Glacia. "Well, this is going to be a speech no one in this room will ever forget… and I've forgotten half of it," he whispered to her with a sheepish smile.

“C’mon, by this point we know spontaneity is one of your strong suits,” Glacia winked. She didn’t mention it was also something that got him into trouble the most. “Go ahead, my love.”

"Before I do, you're sure? This isn't just something I'll be taking on alone, after all," Vlad asked, pouring himself a full glass of the firewhiskey.

“Oh, c’mon Vlad,” Glacia winked. “We - and that includes Narris, of course - all agreed it would be for the best going forward, right?”

"And you're not going to change your mind now, I know, I know," Vlad downed the whole glass of whiskey in one go, then stood, tapping on the now empty glass with a clean utensil, and waiting until he had everyone's attention.

"We wanted to thank you for being here today," he opened the speech, looking around the room. "Uh… it's a very special day, obviously, for the both of us, but maybe even more special than most of you think. For me, for both of us really," he paused here to look at Glacia and smile. "This is more than just getting a spouse; it's expanding our families, and that matters a lot to both of us. In fact, it matters very much to me, as until a few years ago, I thought I was the very last of my kind alive," this time he glanced to Narris, and little Diana. "Not the last dragon, but the last dragon of my race."

"Obviously, I've had a bit of a rocky start with some of you," he looked specifically at Talva here, but also spared glances for Ivrea, Rosario, and Nelvana, "But really, I'm happy all of you could make it. I can be bad at expressing how I feel, so maybe it's not obvious, but if Glacia cares about you, so do I. And if you care about her, or me, then I care about you for that, too. Uh… I wanted to ask that, when our children start their own adventures, a day that might come sooner than I would like, you treat them as well as you would her or I," he faltered, glancing to Glacia and Narris.

Narris gave Vlad a slight nod, her lips forming into a smile as she spoke, “Love it maybe a special day for both you and Glacia, be it on account of the wedding itself or what it represents for our family. Both deserve celebration, but with that being said…I think you are forgetting something….” She gestured for him to go on, all the while she did what she could to give him a reassuring smile.

“Oh, don’t worry, he’s getting to it,” Glacia winked, “Aren’t you? After all, Vlad told us that he wants to leave his mark here in Mystria, and with all of us. And after talking about it, we’ve decided how it’s gonna happen…”

"Has anyone ever met two women quite so eager to push their husband to do his best?" Vlad smiled softly at them both, taking a short breath. "They're correct, of course, as they always are! I do want to make a mark on Mystria, but not just for myself, but for my family current and future as well. I wasn’t very sure how to do that, to be honest, but my wonderful wives helped me decide that perhaps it was time to put my experience back to use… I was once a king, and with their support, I will be again. The Divine Dragon King."

“It only makes sense, right?” Glacia giggled. “After all, you’re going to be the father of the whole race, so who better to be the king of it? Which means, of course, that you’ll need a good queen… or rather, two of them.”

"I can think of two people who would fit that role quite well. Two that are in this very room." Narris giggled as she joined Glacia at Vlad's side, "Jokes aside, you can count on us being by your side from here on out love, be it as your queens or wives."

"I already did," Vlad replied, pulling them both in, squeezing them tightly. "No offense to what seems like half our guests, but you two will be the best dragon queens in history. I'm certain of it."

“In that case, I suppose I need to work hard to show my own prowess as a dragon queen, GHAHAHA!” Tynah roared. “That said, I look forward to this, Vladimir, as one monarch to another!”

“Well….looks like you were right, sis. I guess dad really did have something big planned for today. Damn….just try not to be too harsh with your little favor for our bet.” Ivrea said shaking her head, her mood soon improving as she looked towards Vlad with a smile.

"Oh no you don't," Keiko crowed, grinning at her parents at the front, then sticking her tongue out at Ivrea. "You owe me a full trip to the mall. And if you're lucky, I might even not make you carry it all!"

“Ugh….fine, but I get to pick at least a couple of the stores we stop at!” Ivrea said, rolling her eyes at Keiko. She looked back to Vlad and called out, “Congrats, dad…..well all three of you, really. I know you’ll do great in your new roles!”

“Well, I am sure our three dearies will make a happy family.” Sandy spoke up. “Hopefully the queens can stand out from Brasa. It’s a bit of a shame that Glacia abandoned the elves for this purpose.”

Blanca rolled her eyes. “Sandy, that is far too rude.” She pulled the dragoness lady to her side. “Regardless, I am happy to see the three go out on their new destiny.”

“Sis, that’s a little tactless….don’t you think….” Aoife said, shaking her head, before giving a smile to the three, “Still, that being said…I wish all the best for you three in your new endeavors. Truth be told, I am quite happy for all three of you….Honestly, after all that’s happened you deserve this.”

Marron yawned, “Elf, dragon, c’mon Sandy, we’re both so Glacia can be that too, right? I’m not surprised Narris wanted this either, probably wanted to be a dragon queen too…”

“You know me all too well, Mari.” Narris said, chuckling as she gave marron a wink, “Though that being said, I guess that places us on an even footing now…eh?”

"Oh, I don't know about that," a brown haired man sitting next to Marron laughed. "Haven't you heard that Marron is an empress now?"

“I thought it was her grand daughter that was the empress, Lord Turak.” Kyara giggled, rolling her eyes at Jacobi's comment.

“I suppose.” Sandy let out a hmph. “I am worried that our bewedded might… well… Sold off one’s identity to become something else that people who in this very temple initially worship. I apologize for this… but do be careful alright.”

“I think you’re overestimating the amount of changes that occurred as a result of mom becoming a dragon, Sandy. Though she may have changed somewhat, I assure you that she is still the same loving mother deity she was when she first ascended.” Niviea said, rolling her eyes at Sandy’s comment before looking back to her mother. She gave a wide smile, calling out to the three, “Admittedly, I'm still not entirely sold on the idea of you three doing this….but I hope everything works out for you. That said….just try not to go overboard with your new position, okay mom?”

“Sister, you really do worry too much. I assure you that Glacia still cares just as much about her duties as she does her old identity. Just like we each have our own identity and remain part of Brasa, she too remains the mother of elves while being one of dragons as well.” Aoife said, chuckling at Sandy’s comment.

"Who cares, let the woman be who she wants," Petra called out, slowly standing, cane in hand. "Unless that's someone who doesn't give hugs anymore, then I have to protest! And you know exactly who to ask if you need real advice on being a queen right?" She added with a giggle.

“That is right, me!” Tynah patted Petra’s shoulder, “... oh, and my sister here, of course, GHAHAHA!”

Glacia giggled, “Geez, we have some great friends, huh? And don’t worry, I’m not throwing out all of what I am because of this; I’m still the cuddly Glacia you all know and love! After all, if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be the same person the king here fell in love with, would I?”

"Being called that again is odd," Vlad said to no one in particular. "Honestly, this is going better than expected. I was waiting for someone to try and punch me."

“I mean if you want someone to punch you, I’m sure Talva or I could oblige, Vlad.” Kyara joked as she approached Glacia, “Of course you are, snuggle dragon. Honestly, you haven’t changed at all as a result of all that’s happened….If anything, i’d say becoming a dragon and marrying Vlad have only further reinforced who you are.”

“U-um…” Talva spoke up, having been quiet up until this point throughout the wedding as a whole, “I… wouldn’t want to punch him. Vlad forgave me for what happened, whether I deserve it or not. Anyways, considering how closely tied Mom is to the Silverdalean Royal Family, many people already consider her part of it, so in essence she was a queen in spirit, now she is in title too…”

"You did deserve it," Vlad responded swiftly. "I know you did, because you've shown every effort to not let it happen again. Honestly, Talva, you can give yourself a little more credit! We all have lapses, it's how we handle it that matters. And, well…" Vlad looked at Glacia. "I didn't plan to do it like this, but the moment feels right, doesn't it, my queen?"

“Oh, right!” Glacia smiled, “Talva, we’ve got a special gift just for you here!”

“A… gift?” Talva blinked. “I… think that you’re supposed to give gifts to the married couple, not the guests…”

"I'm a generous king," Vlad laughed, and papers that Alvis had been holding onto suddenly appeared in his hand. "And also very spontaneous, so we're doing this now. Talva," he floated the papers over to her. "If it pleases you, sign those forms? But don't feel like you have to."

Talva looked over the papers, before blinking, “These are… adoption papers? But… I am an adult, and both my parents love me very much…”

“Yes, of course, and we’re not asking you to stop that,” Glacia smiled, “But… well, Vlad felt that this would be the best way to welcome you to his family, right?”

“I did,” Vlad nodded. “And if I’m marrying your mother, I’ll be your father one way or another… I thought it might be nice to make it really official, though. Something to remind you that not only do I hold no ill will, Talva, I care about you, and if you ever need help, I’m a phone call away… to your mother, maybe, I keep losing my phone…”

“He is pretty bad about that,” Alvis remarked. “I’ve tried to help him, but he’s hopeless at times…”

“W-well…” Talva looked at the papers, and after about a minute of deliberation, signed them. “... does this mean I’m now Queen Talva Vladdottr Loveheart-Invernos? Still more reasonable than an Imerian royal…”

“Hrm,” Vlad considered. “Well, I would be honored, of course, but you may as well do it right, right? Talva Vladdottr Loveheart-Invernos-Flesicher, of course! I’m sure I can find a few more names to stack in there for you!”

“I will… consider that,” Talva said, “But…” she reached over to give the old dragon a hug, “... thanks… Dad.”

Vlad hugged her back with a grin, “No problem! Actually, this is a gift to myself anyways… I can’t stop adopting kids, so might as well go with one I was gonna be a dad for anyways, right?”

“Right,” Talva sighed, “I suppose then I should give my gift, too…” she gestured towards an ice sculpture of a dragon modeled after Glacia’s form. “Snow and I crafted it; it is not cold to the touch, and will not melt. I heard you are making a new residence in your realm, and I figured you needed some new treasures to show off for it?”

“New treasure is always appreciated,” Vlad replied, examining the statue, poking it and then putting his palm against it. “It really isn’t cold. I guess it won’t go in my nap room then,” he laughed, pulling Glacia to it gently. “I think the queen should be the one to accept this one, though…”

Glacia looked over it with some interest, before an idea entered her head. “Say, Vlad, why don’t I show everyone how accurate it is? This reception hall should be able to hold me at least, wouldn’t you say?”

“Hmm. Well, it’s your temple, if the roof breaks it’s not that big an issue! Forgive me for not joining you, I think I’d break the entire building,” Vlad grinned. “Come on, at least half these people haven’t seen it anyways, and you’re in a very tight competition for the most beautiful dragoness in the world. They should get to be awed by you…”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want to damage the building like that,” Glacia winked, “But anyways, here we go!” She concentrated, and the elven woman was replaced by a towering dragon with light blue scales with a silvery sheen, graceful yet powerful in her form as she looked down on everyone, “Well now, how’s that? Certainly a good likeness of me my daughter made, wouldn’t you say?” Glacia gave out a laugh stronger than her usual giggles.

Petra frowned a little, the tapping of her cane as she neared Glacia’s foreleg interrupting the talking, until she was resting her left palm against the scales. She reached further up, but found only more leg as she extended her arm. “Glacia, can you bring your head down? Please?”

Oh, sorry Petra!” Glacia had been holding it up in order to get a good look over everyone (something Vlad had told her was good to do as a dragon, especially when on a mountain overlooking somewhere), but she lowered it to near Petra. “Here I am!

The Alistinian woman moved her hand off the leg of the dragon, slowly feeling over the scales of her head, starting from her cheek and running down the length of her face. “Amazing…” she whispered quietly. “I wish I could see it, Glacia… but this is amazing.”

"By Bahamut…That's beyond impressive, Glacia. I daresay it might be your most beautiful form yet." Rolven opined.

“Well darling… you know it isn’t that impressive like your more humanoid dragon self… But it looks so pretty.” Nelvana chuckled.

"Geez mom….Mama Ky wasn't kidding when she said you looked incredible like this….” Niviea said, whistling.

Callum shook his head softly. "I have to wonder what it says about me that this stuff isn't even surprising anymore. Hey, Nivi, what's better, a star or a dragon?"

“Star hands down, Cal. It’s not even a contest there.” Niviea giggled, giving him a playful smile

“You claim that, grand-niece,” Tynah grinned, “But your mother has never beaten me with that form. Or any form, but that is besides the point. Glacia makes for an excellent dragon, I would say!”

Glacia herself nuzzled Petra, “See, I’m still snuggly, right? I’m still me like this.

"Oh, I didn't actually doubt that," Petra giggled a little at the nuzzle. "I just can't see it for myself, but I wanted to know. You're very smooth, and surprisingly cool, you know."

Vlad tells me that cuddling up to me is like resting on the cool side of a pillow!” Glacia smiled, “Dunno if that’s normal for what I am or it’s just part of me specifically, but I’ll take it either way!

"I dunno either," Vlad chipped in. "I don't care, either, the cool side of the pillow is the best side!"

“Mama is a cool pillow?” Chera, the excitable blue haired glacian elf child, spoke up.

Diana had somehow wiggled her way out of Narris’ arms, and with surprising determination, was clambering up Glacia’s rear left leg, heading rapidly for her back. “Mama dwagon!” The eldest of Vlad’s children exclaimed as she continued to make her way upward, while her father just laughed.

"Hey! Get off mama, you crazy dragon!" Elysia, the young Auroran elf child called to Diana.

"Heh, that's our little dragon for you, eh sweetie?" Narris giggled as she rolled her eyes at her daughter.

“Well Glacia is the cuddle dragon and elf goddess!” A laughter came from what appeared to be a clone of Talva herself. Yet she appeared to be less of a giant, but more friendly, with a hint of darker shade of horns on her head. Yet the goat woman had a hint of more muscular structure, and was built for swimming. “That said, Vladimir would love for a cutie like her teacher as a pillow as well.” Aqua said.

“Uh… hi?” Vlad responded to his name, distracted from watching Diana climb all the way onto Glacia’s back and start scrambling up for her head. “Ah, you must be Aqua? It’s Vladimir, by the way… but just call me Vlad. Literally everyone does. Except Tynah…”

“Yes indeed Vlad.” Aqua nodded. “And I’ve brought a present for you and my lovely student.” She then took out a small golden and silver statuette of both a Golden and Silver Dragon. With a small command, the statue grew into a human size statue that played a small imposing tone with trumpets of the prowess of the dragons. The dragons seemed to be animated and did a small dance as they flew from the base in the air. “It can become life size for yourself as well.”

“I feel like making it life size for me would be a problem,” Vlad chuckled, watching the statues. “Oh, these are excellent. I have so many plans forming already…” he trailed off with a grin.

Hi, Master!” Glacia smiled, as she let Diana climb her, making sure to move slightly to keep her safe. “I’m so glad you managed to make it here today!

Diana was soon sitting on Glacia’s head, giggling and waving at Aqua. “Goat!”

“Hi sweetie!” Aqua waved at both Glacia and Diana. “That I had. It was quite wonderful indeed. Oh! I overheard some news on my daughter as well.” She winked at Talva

“O-oh… Mom… erm, goat-mom,” Talva blushed as she walked over to give her a hug. “I’m surprised you made it, but I am happy you’re here!”

Aqua embraced Talva and patted Talva’s back. “Well I did see the whole thing. I had to run over to gather a few things of course.”

“Well, I’m just glad to see you out and about again,” Talva chuckled, “I’m here with Snow and Cori, and the kids of course.”

“Oh that’s great. I’d love to see them once again.” Aqua said. “I do hope you’re quite happy on this special moment as well Talva.”

“Well, you can see them too,” Talva said with a smile, “I am happy; Vlad decided to make me his daughter! … of course, I’m still your daughter too, Mom.”

“You’ll always be my daughter sweetie.” Aqua smiled brightly. “No need to worry. That said, I think Vlad would be quite cute for the family as well. Hopefully he won’t mind too much of your siblings dear.”

“I’d be more worried about Talva’s new siblings than her previous ones,” Corrinym walked out of the crowd, watching Diana play on Glacia’s head with a plushy that had come from somewhere, a small glass of something in his hand as he waved to Aqua. “Hello, mother. You’ve been taking care of yourself?”

“Hello sonny.” Aqua embraced Corrinym with a hug. “How are you doing on this fantastic day?I know this is quite the biggest wedding!”

"Well, Glacia always did know how to draw a crowd," Cori replied, returning the hug with one arm. "I think this is too big for me, though. I'm thinking something smaller, right Talva?"

“Oh, yes,” Talva blushed, “I-i know I’m a queen myself and all, but such large crowds I’m still getting used to…”

"It's fine, I don't want a big wedding that much either," Cori reassured her. "Something more private than this would be good, honestly, so we don't risk interlopers," he added, setting down his drink and catching a falling plushy one handed, then tossing it right back to the top of Glacia's head. "I'll even wear my tie correctly, just for you, Talva," he chuckled.

“Oh my, then I know you’re taking this seriously,” Talva let out a small laugh. “Perhaps mom… goat-mom, I mean, has some good ideas for some more private locations.”

“A private location? If you want a remote and tropical experience, then Pineapple Port within the warmer seas of the Dragon Ocean is the right place. Or one of the secluded islands in the Snow Sea. The south pole, one of the planes, a lovely beach in White Mane. You get the picture. Then again, the Ice Cavern could be a good choice in Corneria too…” Aqua then paused. “Ahem… Where I was… Well then sonny, sweet-pie, just find a place that is right in your heart. Or more importantly, the most intriguing, and set a course for it.”

"I don't really want to fight an interdimensional horror during my wedding, mother," Cori chuckled, releasing the hug. "Some of those do sound like good ideas, though. Thanks!"

I do hope I’m invited too,” Glacia smiled at the pair. “Don’t worry, I’ll come as an elfy, this’ll draw too much attention!

"Of course," Cori nodded. "You're also the mother of the bride, not to mention Alvis' wife, and he is obviously invited. I mean, you want her there, right Talva?"

“Naturally I went elf-mom… dragon-mom… erm… her there!” Talva had to consider that one. “Either way, of course!”

“That’s good, since I think I’d have to punish you or something if Glacia and I couldn’t attend,” Alvis smirked, patting Cori’s shoulder. “About time for this to happen, right?”

"Alvi- where did you sneak up from?" Cori jumped, letting out a breath. "That's supposed to be Mishy's thing, not yours. You're right, though, I've been waiting five years for this."

“I’m not stealthy at all, you were just too preoccupied to notice,” Alvis chuckled. “It’s not like I was doing nothing, I was practicing my bass with the band during this. But I know you’ll do great, man.”

"You wouldn't have picked me if you didn't believe in me, right?" Cori chuckled right back. "But hey, thanks for having us. Talva already gave you her gift, mine is a lot less impressive, but I still thought you'd like it," Cori has turned to Glacia and Vlad at this point, pulling a small book out of somewhere and handing it over. The title read 'One Hundred Romantic Adventures In Western Mystria'. "I figured, based on what I know, neither of you will be content just sitting at home like someone," he smirked at Alvis. "And considering Vlad is still pretty new here, maybe this will help."

Aww, that’s nice,” Glacia looked at her new husband, “We’ve been talking about going around Mystria on little getaways and adventures after the honeymoon, haven’t we?

Vlad took the book with a smile and a nod. "We have! This will be a help in picking some places, at least. Thanks!"

“I hope you two don’t mind, but Aoife and I got you a little something as well.” Kyara said, summoning a silver orb with a rainbow glow to her hands. She handed the orb off to Glacia, all the while Aoife giggled in the background, “I know how much you and Ky enjoyed that little realm I created for your honeymoon….So Ky and I thought it was only appropriate we give you and Vlad a little retreat of your own. It took a while to get the spell right, but the realm should conform to your preferences at any particular moment.”"

"Can I merge it with one I create?" Vlad asked, peering at the orb and then looking at Glacia with a grin. "I have an idea of just how to use it…"

Oh really?” Glacia thought, before a grin appeared on the dragoness’s face, “Ohhhh, I think I know… a lovely idea, my king.

Vlad laughed, patting Glacia on the leg. "It certainly is. Thanks, you too, this will be a fantastic gift… we're gonna get a lot of use out of it I think."

As the adults mingled, Keiko grabbed Ivrea's hand, pulling her along. "Come along, sis, time to deliver your gift… and then mine. I sure hope she likes it…"

“Geez sis, just hold on…” Ivrea said as she was pulled after Keiko. She gave a big smile as she summoned a pair of golden dice and two platinum cards emblazoned with a gold heart to her hands, “Hey….don’t forget us, Dad! It’s not exactly a realm, but I did get you something you should enjoy. Two VIP passes to Ora’s Casino with your own personal villa, access to all of the shows, and unlimited meals. Not to mention, I got you a little something to help you at the tables…”

"I need no help at the tables, young lady," Vlad replied, taking the dice and the passes anyways, giving Ivrea a quick wink. "But I'm sure we'll have an excellent time at the casino."

Ooooh, I bet you talked with Pengy about this!” Glacia laughed, “That sounds perfect for us, doesn’t it, my lucky charm?

"It does," Vlad agreed, looking at Glacia with a bemused expression. "Where do you get all these nicknames from?"

“A mix of places, but she mostly just makes them up on the spot….” Kyara giggled

“Aw….it's a cute nickname for a cute dragon, wouldn’t ya say Glaci?” Narris said, stifling a laughh.

Yup! He’s such a cutie dragon, isn’t he?!” Glacia winked.

Vlad groaned and blushed, smacking his hand to his face. "Please, I'm not cute…"

“I’d beg to differ, Vlad. You’re not just cute, but rather you are one of the cutest dragons out there. Perhaps even morseso than Glacia or Narris.” Kyara teased

Aw, c’mon, Ky, I’m still cute,” Glacia pouted.

"Oh gods, I'm being bullied," Vlad muttered, his face positively glowing.

Luckily for him, there was a distraction in the form of Keiko, who cleared her throat to get the attention of those around, and looked at Glacia. "Mom, would you mind turning back?"

Oh, just a sec,” Glacia reached over to pick up Diana gently and hand her to Narris, before returning to her elven form, “Sorry, I was enjoying that a lil’too much, heehee. What’s up, Keiko?”

"Well, my gift doesn't really work if you're in dragon form," Keiko said, smiling softly. "Since it's really for you, specifically…"

“Oh really?” Glacia looked intrigued, “Probably something that’d look a lot better on an elfy me than a dragon me, if I had to take a guess,” she giggled. “So then, what is it?”

Keiko pulled her hands out from behind her back, a folded icy blue garment of some kind in them, which she held out to Glacia. "For you, mom. I made it myself, so it's not that great, but I tried really hard…"

Glacia looked at it for a moment, before whispering in her ear, “Could you help me put it on for everyone to see?”

"We should probably go in the other room," Keiko whispered back. "It's not really meant for other clothes to go underneath, especially not a wedding dress…"

Glacia winked, “Alrighty, everyone, we’ll be back in a moment,” she took Keiko’s hand and teleported out of the room. A few minutes laters, they entered again, Glacia now in a light-blue kimono with a snowflake pattern, with a dark blue sash around her waist. “... how do I look?”

"... amazing," Vlad said softly, walking over and running his hands across the silk of the garment. "It suits you perfectly. You made this, Keiko?"

"Yeah," Keiko smiled, a little shyly, "I didn't just want to give any gift, I wanted something to make Gla- mom… feel like she was really part of the family now. And, well, this isn't just something I think you can get from anyone else."

Glacia gave Keiko a hug, “I love it, Keiko… between this kimono and the gesture behind it, I truly feel like part of your family… and of course, that means you’re also part of mine.”

Keiko returned the hug with a sniffle. "I'm so glad," she admitted. "There was a little while I thought you didn't like me, but I always thought you were amazing…"

“Aww, sorry if I ever made you feel that way, Keiko,” Glacia petted the kitsune’s ears, “You’ve always been a sweet girl, and have grown up into a fine young woman.”

"Thanks mom," Keiko said, her ears twitching as they were patted. "Just let me know if you ever need a new one or anything! I'm already working on one that's a little more, uh… stretchy. Given how many siblings I already have," the kitsune giggled, glancing sidelong at Narris struggling to keep Diana from running off again. "I think it's a good bet you'll need one, isn't it?"

“Oh, no doubt,” Glacia giggled, “Your Dad and I have already been talking about our plans for that. Needless to say, you’ll be having a lot more lil’wyrmlings to look out for!”

"We are trying to revive a whole race," Vlad chuckled, while Keiko groaned.

"I'm going to have to get more adventuring in so I can even afford the materials, aren't I," the white haired kitsune complained. "Well, either way… welcome to the family, mom."

“If you ever need to get some practice in for adventuring, you can always ask me,” Glacia said, before walking over to embrace Vlad. “My love… thank you for giving me this lovely day. I’ll cherish these moments for as long as I live…”

Vlad returned the embrace, kissing Glacia and giving her a gentle smile. “I wanted to say that first, you know. Instead, you’re welcome, and I hope I can keep giving you moments to cherish for a long time yet. If you’re ready to go, I think I know exactly how to start, too.”

“I’ll go anywhere with you,” Glacia held her husband tightly, “We have so much to see and do in our lives from now on… let’s get that started.”
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 pm

Written with Dyste

In a plane outside of the material realm, the land of Auram Nebilir was a desert land throughout most of its area, but in the center was the floating city of Gold Heart, designed in a similar fashion to its mirror in the material plane, the Dystan city of Auram. The entertainment capital of the plane, it had guests from across the various realms. And today, it was host to a pair of newlywed drago royals…

Glacia yawned as she woke up in the suite, looking over at the bustling city below from the windowside; funny to think the last time she had been here, she was there to save this land and its resident goddess from a phony who tried to draw the faith away from her. This time, though, she would have the chance to enjoy herself with her new husband… whatever he was up to now.

She wouldn’t have to wait very long to find out as the bedroom door quietly opened, admitting just the man she was waiting for, a steaming mug in his hands. He raised an eyebrow, walking over to the window and looking out of it alongside Glacia, and handed her the mug. “I expected you to still be in bed when I got this made for you, honestly,” Vladimir said, observing the plane himself. “Always full of little surprises.”

Glacia rubbed her eyes as she took the coffee, “Aw, Vlad, thanks,” she sipped some, leaning on him, “... do you ever get bored, y’know, when you’re up and I’m sleeping? I know your sleep cycle’s a little different than ours…”

“Hmm,” Vlad considered the question as he watched the lights of the city. “I suppose, sometimes, I do. I usually just watch you, or go catch up on things I’ve been putting off, though,” he explained, reaching up and stroking her hair. “And sometimes I don’t have much choice! You can be very insistent on having your dragon pillow while asleep,” he teased with a soft chuckle.

“In fairness, you are quite soft, both like this and when you’re a big dragon,” Glacia giggled, “And can you really blame me for wanting to spend time close to my new husband?”

“I didn’t say I disliked it,” Vlad replied, sticking his tongue out at her for a moment and then smirking. “I take very good care of my scales, actually. Forgive me for keeping a secret or two on how I get them so soft… I want to make sure you keep coming back after all!”

“Aww, but I wanna be soft for you, too,” Glacia said, “Though you always seem happy whenever we cuddle regardless of form, so I suppose I’m doing something right!”

“Like the cool side of a pillow,” Vlad bumped her lightly with his shoulder. “I just like being close to you. It’s calming.”

“And I’m glad,” Glacia took his hand, “I’ve worked hard to make you at ease at our home these past few years. I just didn’t expect, y’know, this to come out of it!”

Vlad squeezed her hand, wrapping his fingers with hers and slowly pulling her from the window. “It’s a good kind of surprised though, isn’t it? Everything went even better than expected, hmm?”

“That’s right, it did!” “Glacia stood up with him, “Seems a little time was all we needed, and now we have all the time to do things! … hmm, I suppose I should pick out something to wear, hm? The queen’s gotta have some style.”

“Well, I don’t intend to dress too fancily,” Vlad said, kissing her on the cheek. “Mostly because, oh my gods, I hate ties. I hate ties,” he shuddered, releasing her hand and heading to the closet, where he had hung much of their clothing while Glacia had slept. “Though, if you want to really grab attention… well, that’s alright! I can dress up a lil’ just to help you look as amazing as you are!”

“Oh, I’m not expecting that level of fanciness, Vlad, I’d rather you be yourself,” Glacia giggled. “After all, you being yourself is the man I fell in love with!” Looking through her own outfits, she saw a few standout choice, “I could always go for the traditional blue battle dress, but that’s a lil’basic, ain’t it?” she showed a black dress, “I could do a lil’more fancy, or wear Keiko’s present,” she showed the kimono, before a bunny outfit, “... or blend in a bit. Got a preference, my lovely dragon?”

Vlad blushed a little at the last option, clearing his throat and looking to his own selection before he replied. “Oh, well, love, I think you’ll look amazing in all of them! Maybe the standard is a little basic, though, yeah…”

“Heh, not helpful in the slightest, love,” Glacia looked over them, “Hm, well, part of me thinks perhaps I should honour Keiko’s efforts here, while another side of me wants to have a little fun with the casino… don’t worry, all of them are sized for, well,” she had Vlad feel over her stomach. “I came prepared, after all.”

Vlad sighed, rubbing her stomach slightly, then patting it as he pulled his hand away. “You knew who you were marrying, Glacia,” he protested, looking through his own, much smaller, selection of clothing. “But, well… I think Keiko will understand if you don’t wear the kimono all of the time. I mean, you wore it until going to bed yesterday, didn’t ya? And I dunno what you two talked about, but I saw her smile when you came back in it. I think she knows you appreciate it, alright?”

“Fair enough, on both,” Glacia blushed, “... yeah, I feel like having a lil’ fun,” she said as she put on the bunny ears. “Because, well, that’s the kind of life I’d like to live, y’know? Enjoying time with loved ones, saving the world when it needs us, then going on fun, silly adventures… more than anything, I want to live a life where I can enjoy being me, and, well, being a super-formal serious queen isn’t who I am. We’re on our honeymoon, let’s have fun with it, right?”

“I hope I don’t strike you as a super formal king type,” Vlad snickered, pulling out a polo shirt and putting it back, pursing his lips as he looked through what he’d brought. “Honestly, I hope the world doesn’t need too much saving anytime soon. The more time I can spend with you being you and having fun doing it, the more fun I will be having,” he concluded, giving her a grin. “And I’ve been glowery and serious enough, doncha think? I’m pretty sure you really fell in love with the less serious side of me!”

“It’s that obvious, isn’t it?” Glacia winked, taking out the rest of the outfit to put it on, “Yes, I love you when you’re at your most fun most of all, and while I’ll always be happy to be heroic together, my favourite moments are just when we get to do stuff like… well, this! It’s the sort of thing I’ve always wanted to do with someone I fell in love with, and now I get to!”

“Gods, you’re so sweet,” Vlad blushed slightly, watching Glacia pull out the outfit as he pulled out a dark blue vest and a black button up. “Ah, packed this in case the casino had a dress code. Some do!... You know, Glacia, you don’t have to pretend for my sake. If I’m being too much, whether it’s grumpy or… free-spirited, I’d rather you tell me, alright?”

“I do like it when you’re free-spirited for the most part, but I get when you mean,” Glacia fit on the top of the suit, fortunately fitted for her current state, “And if you’re grumpy, that just means I gotta make sure to make you happier, y’know? In turn, if I ever get reckless or start doubting myself, please make sure I’m being careful, okay? And you don’t need to worry too much about dressing up, Ora’s never been too picky about that. Arthurus once came in with a suit just like mine! She’s the one that helped me pick out this thing.”

“She’s a bad influence, but admittedly the fun kind,” Vlad teased, changing into the clothes he had picked out anyways, and grabbing a pair of black slacks. “But, yeah, I promise. I have no intention of letting you ever think you’re any less than amazing, Glacia, or throw your life away. And you know you can trust my words, right? Everything I tell you is based on what I myself saw of you, after all.”

“You’re just… so nice to me, y’know that?” Glacia gave him a quick kiss before focusing on getting the stockings on, “I’m so used to being called a great heroine and such, but with you, I just know you mean it when you tell me all those things… and c’mon now, are you saying you’re a good influence, then?”

“Well, I can’t call myself a bad influence, can I?” Vlad chuckled, approaching and kissing Glacia back. “Not going to lie, I know I’ve probably been responsible for some… not so great stuff too, but it all worked out, right? And it partly worked out because you’re an amazing, lovely, wonderful person, with a heart as gold as my scales, y’know?”

“Such a charmer, aren’t you?” Glacia smiled as she finished putting on the bunny suit; even with her current state it was rather comfortable. “... but I know that while there might’ve been some things you regretted, you’ve always tried to do the right thing, to help people. And you certainly helped when I needed you… my hero.”

Vlad blushed a scarlet red, hiding his eyes behind his left hand. “I’m not sure, between that and ‘cute dragon’, which I’m going to take longer to get used to… I mean, come on, I’m not that special, I’m just old…”

“... do you think I’d marry you if I didn’t think you deserved it?” Glacia giggled, enjoying Vlad’s embarrassment, “I really do think you’re a great person, y’know. I knew you were when you started to live with us. And if you feel old… well, lemme help you keep feeling young, still.”

“I meant I have a lot of experiences,” Vlad grumbled, still hiding half of his face. “And I still can’t quite believe you knew even way back then. Our first thing we did together kind of went tits up, didn’t it?... It was fun though. Did you know Yuki is incredibly easy to tease?”

“Oh, for sure, it was fun, in hindsight at least,” Glacia said, that heist didn’t go quite as planned, granted. “... of course she’s easy to tease! Yuki’s got that whole aloof look to her, but get past the first layer and she gets flustered soooo easily!”

“Hey, wanna have more fun?” Vlad finally moved his hand from his eyes, grinning. “I know just the place, and I think it could use an amazingly adorable bunny goddess to visit…”

“Ooooh, sure thing!” Glacia looked excited as she floated off the ground, “I’ll be happy to go anywhere with you! … and I take that comment to mean you like the outfit?”

“I love the outfit,” Vlad replied, nodding seriously. “Of course, I love everything you wear, but this might just be my favorite. Now I just need to think about how to get you to wear it more!” He laughed, taking her hand gently. “Someday I’m going to have to see if I can learn this floating trick of yours. It seems more impressive than my tricks.”

“Maybe if you take me to casinos more, I will wear it more, Vlad,” Glacia winked, “I’ll be more than happy to teach you this, so long as you continue to teach me. After all, learning with you is a big part of how we got closer, right?”

“Well, sure, if I can think of anything to teach you at the rate you’re learning,” Vlad chuckled, squeezing her hand as he led her out of their suite. “Every lesson I create, you’ve crushed it within a month. It’s remarkable, and a little bit worrying! I mean, what am I going to teach you five years from now? Napping etiquette?”

“I think I’ve already mastered that, haven’t we?” Glacia giggled as they exited the room together; the hallway was an ostentatious gold, with scenes from famous Dystan adventures lining the halls towards the lobby, where a statue of a gold dragon could be seen posing at the center. “Well, we could both find new things to learn, and learn them together!”

“True, I am pretty new here after all, in the grand scheme,” Vlad nodded, his eyes honing in on the statue. “Heh. Y’know, something about that being here feels very much like something I take issue with… I don’t have any big statues…”

“I mean, you’re already big and gold,” Glacia giggled, “Not to mention badass and sexy… but I guess we can see about that? I dunno if a statue can show your greatness as well as you can.”

“Oh, I don’t need one, but I want one,” Vlad chuckled, kissing Glacia on the cheek. “For all the silliness of it, I’m the biggest, most badass gold dragon, or so I get told by those I love… so the biggest, most badass statue of one should be mine!”

“Of course, I get the real thing right here,” Glacia snuggled up on Vlad’s side, “Ooooh, imagine if we got one with you, me, and Nari! The Divine Dragon Royalty all in one!”

“That sounds spectacular, love,” Vlad said, looping his arm through Glacia’s and leading her to the gaming hall. “And like a fantastic way to show just how important the both of you are to me! I’ll never have enough of those!”

“And I won’t stop you there,” Glacia said as they entered the area, which appeared to have a pirate theming to it; perhaps as a result of Ora’s right hand man’s influence. “Gonna win big here, love?”

“Depends, do you mind if they kick us out?” Vlad smirked. “If not, want to see just how wild my winnings can get?”

“... c’mon, let’s see how much we get,” Glacia said. “Of course, right now, I feel like the luckiest dragon around, so be careful!”

“Well, why don’t we see if I can give you some of my luck then, huh?” Vlad chuckled, pulling her onto the floor of the gambling hall, his eyes lighting up with nearly manic glee. “Oh I DO love me a casino, though. They smell of treasure, and it’ll all be mine soon enough…”

“Aww,” Glacia cuddled up to Vlad, “Y’know, at this rate you might as well have a casino yourself, they couldn’t kick you out and all the treasure would be yours to begin with! … not to mention I could wear this outfit more often…”

“You know… I might just do that,” Vlad mused. He cuddled up to her right back and began grinning. “Oh, I’m imagining it now… a big thing, a huge thing in the shape of me… a life sized building of my dragon form! Maybe we can use some magic to bring in an island or create on in the bay of Glacius, build it there, then you can wear this there whenever you’d like! And, hells, could make it more than a casino. Shows, food, you name it! A whole district!”

“Ooooh, sounds great!” Glacia giggled, “I’d love to spend time there, and have fun with you and the others there. I just wonder if the building will be even half as cute as you…”

Vlad blushed, again, as Glacia seemed to be able to make him do at will. “And there’s the cute,” he complained, but he was smiling still. “Of course the building won’t be as handsome as me, but I’ll try and make sure it at least looks as impressive!”

“And I look forward to seeing it!” Glacia said, “And if it’s successful enough, ooh, we could try making more! Dyste I hear has a big casino scene, for example. But let’s just see how well this goes… of course, it’ll have the advantage of having a cute bunny around, won’t it?”

“The cutest bunny of all,” Vlad agreed, surveying the games on offer. “So, lovedragon… that’s a little awkward to say, but I’m gonna keep at it until it’s not… anyways, anything in particular you want to try? I think you should have your fun before I get us run out, huh?”

Glacia did enjoy Vlad trying his best with the nickname, he was still getting used to it, but she understood why; not only was he trying to show how much she meant to him, but it was to remind her that she was indeed a dragoness, and a great one at that; she had been so worried that she wasn’t living up to it, but if Vlad thought she was, how could she worry? “Oh, well, maybe we can try some of the slots here? I wanna see if they’re really rigged or not.”

“They totally are,” Vlad rolled his eyes, but his smirk never left his face. “But come on, even at slots I always win more than I spend. And I still wanna see if I can rub some of that luck off on you, yeah?”

Glacia sat at a slot machine that featured a penguin pirate hunting for treasure, “Gee, I wonder how Ora came up with this,” she giggled, before trying a few rounds. In spite of things, she seemed to more or less break even, “Hm, seems I’m mostly neutral on these things. Maybe something with a lil’more active participation, unless you’d like to see how you’d do?”

“Oh, no, I’m enjoying watching you for now quite a lot,” Vlad smiled, helping Glacia stand again. “So who is this… Ora? And where did she get the idea of the slot themes?”

“Oh, Ora is the other name of Gold Heart, the owner and goddess of this place,” Glacia said, going to the roulette table; her bunny outfit made some of the patrons think she was an employee, with one questioning why they would have a pregnant woman working at this time like this, “... heh, seems they got the wrong idea, but at least some people like the outfit? Anyways, she’s the ruler of this land, and she was inspired by Auram in Dyste to make this city. When I worked for the First Order of Mythic Guardians, we helped save her from an imposter trying to take over. And as for the pirate stuff, that’s in part an influence from her champion, one of my old adventuring partners, Pengy-erm, I mean Memphis. A dashing swordfighter inspired by the pirates of Mystria’s past.”

“Well, even if only one person likes it, that’s me,” Vlad nodded along to the explanation, grabbing a shrimp cocktail from the platter of an actual employee walking past, carrying it with him and offering some to Glacia. “Memphis the penguin, I assume, by his nickname. Auram sounds familiar, but I don’t think I’ve been, I’ve mostly been to the castle and a cave… oh, blackjack and roulette. Any preferences?”

“Y’know, I have a special version of this suit to show you later,” she playfully nudged her husband, taking some of the shrimp cocktail. “I think you’d like Auram, love, it’s a big entertainment city in Dyste… there’s lots of places in Mystria for us to visit, y’know, and I’ll be more than happy to take you to them.” she said, before sitting down at the roulette table.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea to me,” Vlad replied, standing behind her, leaning slightly over her shoulder as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “For good luck! Maybe we can go to Auram when we bankrupt this one,” he chuckled mischievously.

“Guess I have my lucky charm here,” Glacia said as she attempted a few rounds at the roulette table, going for some more safer bets, mostly focusing on colours than individual numbers, but still slowly but steadily increasing her earnings, “Hm, think I should try to go for more risky stuff to test my luck?”

“Want my advice?” Vlad grinned, a sharky grin full of teeth that seemed sharper than usual. “For this next one… let’s place it all on twenty-nine. I’ve got a good feeling!”

“Okey-dokies!” Glacia trusted Vlad’s word and put it all on 29, “C’mon then, let’s see it you are my lucky dragon!”

“No pressure, me,” Vlad said, patting Glacia’s hands as she moved the chips, watching the ball roll across the roulette wheel. It bounced a few times, seemed about ready in the 12 slot, hit it funny and bounced one last time… straight into the 29 slot. Vlad’s grin got even wider as he hugged Glacia from behind, food set aside, thankfully. “So, am I your lucky charm now?”

“I think you’ve been it for quite a while now,” Glacia giggled as she collected their earnings, “I’ve felt a whole lot luckier ever since we’ve admitted our feelings for each other. Guess that means I’ve gotta keep you close from now on!”

“Keep me as close as you’d like,” Vlad replied softly, kissing her cheek again. “If it’s quite alright with you, I’ll be doing the same right back. Wherever I go, I want you by my side, or else why would I have married you?”

“To say I’m yours?” Glacia teased, sharing some of the winnings with her husband. “After all, isn’t that what a dragon does, collect things they treasure and value and keep them close?”

Vlad grabbed just a few chips, amounting to maybe a few hundred dollars, his joy irrepressible. "Well, yeah, but you don't think I'd marry you just because I'm a greedy greedy dragon, do you? I mean… actually, I might… but I did do it cause I love you! And if we're talking in terms of treasure, you're worth every good piece of metal I've ever held. And more!"

“I’d say a husband like you is worth your weight in gold, but, well, you are really huge and gold already, so I think maybe I’m a little greedy too,” Glacia kissed him. “But if it means I can be with someone as great as you, lemme be greedy! Now, c’mon, feel like getting into trouble now?”

"Fine, fine, I've been feeling a little left out," Vlad said, spinning the chips between his fingers before grabbing them out of the air. "So, what do you say? Want to see me turn uh," he checked the chips quickly. "Five hundred dollars into so much the casino is going to suspect I'm cheating?"

“Oooh, sure,” Glacia’s eyes lit up, “Let’s make so much money we can make a pile of it to rest on! I wanna have the true dragon honeymoon experience, after all!”

"In our suite?" Vlad clarified, surveying the games on offer. "Well, let's see… no lack of types of bet to make here, are there?"

“Of course, Ora makes sure to have all the games she can here,” Glacia said, patting Vlad’s arm, “And where else but our suite? Unless you want to rest in our dragon forms, that might be a bit small for that.”

"As fun as that sounds, I did actually have a plan for this casino beyond just gambling," Vlad replied, leading Glacia to a low buy-in blackjack table. "So, first I'm going to boost this couple hundred to a couple thousand, and then we get to the fun bits."

"Ooooooh,” Glacia sat next to Vlad, cuddling up next to him, “I look forward to seeing it, love! Show ‘em why you’re the luckiest dragon around!”

"I think you're already doing that, lovedragon," Vlad replied, mumbling a little at the last part before focusing on the game. He went surprisingly quiet, taking hits or passing in mere moments of the turn passing to him, and in just fifteen minutes, his five hundred dollars was approaching a thousand when he glanced to Glacia. "You, missy, are the real lucky charm here. They say the house always wins, so I guess you must be the house!"

“Aw, c’mon,” Glacia blushed, “I’m just supporting my husband and all; you’re the one doing the tough part here…”

"Oh, I don't know, I think being as adorable as you can't be easy, and I know lifting my spirits so high isn't," Vlad grinned at her, no longer watching the deck, just tapping the table at random for cards. Somehow, though, his pile of chips continued to grow.

“I just like seeing you happy, Vlad,” Glacia said, noticing he wasn’t even trying, it just seemed to be natural for him. “When you came to live with us, I promised I would help you feel better about it all, and, well, I think I succeeded!”

"I give you passing marks," he chuckled, kissing her, and then sweeping up his chips. They had grown from a small collection to a small armful now, and as he stood and picked them up, he looked over to a roulette table that seemed mostly abandoned. "Hey, have you ever been in a casino when a big money gambler gets hot?"

“I haven’t,” Glacia said, floating a bit in the air to keep herself from needing to walk, “Mostly I just see people parted with their money when they’re here. So this’ll be a new experience!”

"For Ora too, I bet," Vlad chuckled, heading to the roulette table and immediately putting everything on twelve. "Yeah, I admit, casinos can be pretty bad sometimes. If I ever open one… well, losing some money is fine, as long as it's all for fun, but I wouldn't want to be the kind of owner who happily lets folks blow their whole lives away."

“Right,” Glacia frowned, “I wouldn’t want people to suffer as a result of some compulsion or the like, and while you may like treasure, you wouldn’t want to make others suffer as a result of it, would you? That’s something a bad dragon would do.”

“I feel a little like that was a lecture in disguise,” Vlad pouted, even as the roulette ball fell into the twelve slot and his chips increased by nearly thirty times instantly, whereupon he instantly put them all on seven. “You know I wouldn’t want to do that. I mean, I ended up adopting Ivrea when I felt bad about making her suffer, and it wasn’t really even my fault! But, well… it can be a place to get people help too. After all, the easiest way to spot a problematic gambler is to watch them gamble.”

“C’mon, Vlad, I know you’re a good dragon, I wouldn’t have married you if you weren’t,” Glacia put her arms around his back, “But I think that’s a great idea, too; we can help people in ways like that too, it’s not always about fighting the big monsters and such. That’s why I made those videos with the others, if you remember us talking about that?”

"I remember being in a few, even," Vlad replied as his winnings grew again, a few people starting to notice. "I don't think I'm all that popular, but I don't really know how to check!"

“Oh, they like it when you show up and do something cool,” Glacia giggled. “Or that time I caught you napping in dragon form and I lied under your wing! … you know you’re really cute when you do that, right?”

"Oh come on, why do you and Narris keep calling me cute?" Vlad blushed as he pushed all his chips onto sixteen. "Wait, there's a video of me sleeping on the internet? There's no way anyone wants to watch that…"

“You’d think so, but it’s one of the most popular ones we’ve put out,” Glacia laughed, “I think they like seeing how you have this content look when Nari and I are under your wings, like you’re just so… comfortable.”

"You're kidding," Vlad replied skeptically, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "I have to check this myself… uh, right, Valcafe…"

“... here,” Glacia took the phone for a moment, knowing Vlad would fumble around for quite a while; it was at times like this his age really showed. “There you go, ‘Napping Dragon by the Springs’,” she said as she handed it back.

"I coulda found it!" He insisted, but still he watched it, holding it so they both could see. His eyebrow rose as he watched a video of just him sleeping next to the springs, then a smaller gold dragon pushing under one wing, an even slightly smaller silver one claiming the other wing. It looked like the smaller dragons winked at the camera right as the him in the video snorted a small burst of fire and adjusted his wings. "This is literally just me sleeping and you two squeezing in!"

“I know, isn’t it the cutest thing you’ve ever seen!?” Glacia said in complete sincerity. “Dragons are cool after all, and seeing just a mighty one like you is bound to get views… and also how much you love us here. Even if you’re fully unconscious, you are being protective of us, and you’re content and comfortable. It’s… just a nice sight to see, y’know?”

At this point, Vlad was looking about ready to enter a tomato cosplay contest, even more so as he began to read comments. "'Big Cute Grandpa Dragon is amazing, please do this more'," he read the top comment outloud and looked to Glacia. "I do want to protect you both, but… cute grandpa dragon? Really?..."

“I mean, you are big, cute, and a dragon, but let’s allow you to be a dad for a while longer before you’re grandpa dragon,” Glacia giggled, patting her stomach. “But see, people do like you, Vlad. You’re fun and charming when you wanna be, and a total sweetheart, too! At least, that’s how I feel… so others might think of you like that too.”

Vlad mumbled something about Keiko and grandpa, pushing half his enlarged pile of chips onto twelve and the other half onto eighteen as he tried to control his blush. "I do want to be fun and charming, y’know. It's not as if it's my main focus, but it's nice when people like you. And I… really appreciate all the nice things you say to me. If you say it's true, then I guess… maybe I am those things you call me…"

“If I’m supposed to let you say all those nice things about me, you’re allowed to receive it too,” Glacia nodded, “After all, it’s what a married couple should do, right? Support each other? Well, I wanna help you be the best you can be, too.”

"You already do, love… dragon," Vlad smiled at her, sweeping up a frankly ludicrous pile of chips in front of him. "But I get embarrassed! Though I'm starting to suspect you all just think it's adorable when I get flustered, don't you?"

“That’s only part of it, silly dragon,” Glacia helped him with the chips, as it was getting to the point one person couldn’t hold them all. “More than anything, I just want you to feel happy and content in your life. If I also get to make you flustered, that’s just a lil’bonus for me!”

"Well, you get both," Vlad replied, sticking his tongue out at her, then looking at the chips. "Now… does this look good, or do you want to place one single bet that will either make or break that treasure pile idea?"

“... let’s see the bet,” Glacia felt a bit daring. “We’ll have our treasure pile yet!”

"Very good choice," Vlad snickered, leading Glacia to the race betting, specifically the ponies. Luckily, it seemed there was a live race on from Rohane Alista at the moment, and Vlad looked over the list of race horses. "Man, people give racing horses such silly names. I don't know anything about any of these, so maybe I should just bet based on the funniest name…"

“Whatever you’d like to do, darling,” Glacia giggled as she watched; she didn’t know Ora had such bets on these at her casino, but she figured that after her experiences with her group, she had expanded her options here.

"Uhhh… Alright. I'll put it all on Biodiesel Vehicle. Something about hay being fuel is amusing to me," Vlad said, setting the half of the chips he was carrying on a counter, and taking Glacia's half and adding them to the pile. He grabbed the ticket he was given in return with a grin. "So, lover, are you feeling lucky?"

“With you by my side, love?” Glacia put her hand on his chest, “The luckiest dragoness around.”

"Then we can't lose!" Vlad beamed, placing his hand on hers while the race started on the screens around them. "Luckily these races don't take long," he explained, listening intently as the announcer called the names of horses at a rapid pace. At first, it seemed the racer Vlad had chosen was at best middle of the pack, but as the horses rounded the final curve, the horse made a sudden burst on the inside, quickly catching up. "Come on Biodiesel! You're the smartest one, beat em out!"

“Go, Biodiesel!” Glacia said, snuggling up on Vlad, “Show ‘em what you can do!”

“Gods, that’s such a stupid name, I love it,” Vlad snickered, even as the horse overtook the last of its opponents and was the first across the finish line. “WHOO! Now that’s what I’m talking about! Hey, babe, we’re rich!” Vlad chuckled, almost giggling as he looked at the ticket in his hands. “Bet you never expected that!”

“I mean, we’re already rich, silly dragon,” Glacia giggled, “But now we’ll have our bed of treasure in the suite, right? Oooh, I’m looking forward to resting on that with my beloved lucky charm!”

"Oh we definitely will try," Vlad grinned as he led her to cash in his bet. "Let's see, I put two hundred thousand dollars on a one-fifty to one bet and won… how much do you think I just got, lovedragon? Enough for a good bed of treasure?"

Very much so,” Glacia said, looking giddy, as she realized how much they had won, “After all, what dragon honeymoon is complete without it!?”

"And you worry you're a bad dragon. If anything, you're more of a dragon than me when it comes to treasure," Vlad snorted, turning the ticket in at the counter. He then proceeded to sign a form that was slipped to him, giving Glacia a grin and handing her a single chip. "The rest is going to the room, but I thought you might want one to hold onto?"

Glacia took the chip gladly, “Awww, thanks, love! … your casino needs chips with your profile, y’know,” she winked. “Maybe Narris and mine, too? After all… we’re just as much dragons as you, according to you… you really feel that way?”

"Of course I do," Vlad frowned, picking her up with a grunt, despite her being taller than him and currently larger in general. "I do a lot of things, but lying isn't one of them, alright? Not only do I see the both of you as dragons, I see you both as really good examples for our kids and everyone else of what a good dragoness looks and acts like!"

Glacia purred as she cuddled Vlad, “Aww, then I’ll just hafta show everyone what I feel being a good one is all about then, right? Good thing I have the best dragon here to prove it!”

Vlad blushed as he carried Glacia out of the gaming hall. "You love to say that, don't you?... are you feeling hungry? I'm sure there's somewhere to eat around here."

“Mmm, yes, I think I do need some food,” Glacia growled a little, “I know it’s only one wyrmling, but they’re a hungry one, y’know?”

"I can tell from how big they already are," Vlad nodded, looking around for any attached restaurants. "Anything in particular for you and the future heir, my famished queen?"

“Mmmmm… fish sounds nice,” Glacia was letting her instincts take over, “Some nice raw meats, for sure…” There appeared to be a buffet with a large variety of food at the side of the casino, fitting for the wide variety of clientele. “Lots of it, too; I am getting really hungry…”

"Alright, I got it," Vlad said, finding them an out of the way table and setting Glacia down on a seat. "I'll be right back with as much food as I can carry. Especially fish and such. And I promise to avoid the spicy stuff!"

“Thanks, love,” Glacia said, trying her best to relax. “I think our wyrmling is getting famished!”

"Or our queen is finding out how big a dragon's stomach can be," Vlad teased, walking off before she could respond. Glacia would wait nearly fifteen minutes before he carefully approached the table, balancing at least five fully stacked plates, which he placed down one after another. There was a plate of nothing but fish dishes, and another of various raw or rare meats, one of nothing but sweet desserts, and another of frozen items. The last one he pulled away from her. "That one is mine. It might be too spicy for you or the wyrmling!"

“Awwww,” Glacia kissed Vlad, “You’re so sweet, y’know that, darling? … I’d say more things about how great I think you are, but I need to eat, now.” She said as she grabbed one of the plates and began to chow down on some of the raw meat.

"Oh, wow," Vlad whistled softly. "Always surprises me to see how fast you can eat. Anyways, this is fine, I can just ramble at you, if that's alright?" He asked, taking a seat himself and eating much slower.

“Mphm, sure,” Glacia said, eating some of the fish, having the frozen items in between the meat in order to keep herself cool.”

"Alright, well, I did mention I didn't just pick this casino because it's a great place to show off my luck," Vlad said, slowly eating some kind of chili. "I actually had another reason. I've heard that… there’s a very special amulet being kept in the vaults here…"

Glacia looked up after chowing down on a rare steak, “Mmm? Amulet?”

"A very powerful magical item," Vlad got a bit of a sparkle in his eye. "I hear it has a silver chain and a flawless sapphire in it. I want to get it out of that silly vault…"

“So like a… heist?” Glacia stopped eating as her eyes widened.

"So like a heist," Vlad confirmed with a wide grin, his voice going hushed. "Come on, you know you had fun, and this time we know exactly where what we're after will be… and you know it'll be safer in our hands…"

“Just so long as I don’t get stabbed by a poisoned blade this time, sure, it’ll be fun!” Glacia nodded, before her stomach growled, “... later. Food first, hungry.”

"No poison," Vlad promised. "That would be bad for you and the baby… right, do I need to go get you more food? I think… you're going through that awful fast…"

“... I might need more,” Glacia admitted, “I’m eating for two dragons, and one’s growing fast!”

"Alright, my queen," Vlad stood. "I'll get you more until you're happy and so full you can't move!"

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:17 am

Co-written with Rohane Alista

It had been a few fun days at the casino already, and the growing pile of chips and coins that constituted the “treasure pile” had grown into a large enough pile for both Vlad and Glacia to lay on comfortably. Indeed, Vlad suspected to himself that the casino was going to be rather sad about how much money they would be leaving with, but there was one last thing to do first. Tonight was the night of a big party for… well, Vlad didn’t actually know, but he did know one thing; security hadn’t been beefed up enough, and would be hugely busy with managing drunk patrons and their parties. He also had a handy blueprint of the building, including known security measures. The perfect first piece for a heist.

Vlad fixed his hair as much as he could, in black slacks and a button up white shirt, a black blazer over it. The shirt was open a little deeper than strictly proper, and the blazer completely undone, giving him a significantly casual rich air as he gave up on his hair. “Glacia, dear, are you ready for the party, and our… special party?”

Glacia for her part was wearing her classic blue dress, but as she tapped the side, it changed form and colour, becoming longer and darker with a golden flower pattern. “Oh, you better believe it, darling,” she giggled, her hair done up more fancy than her usual do.

“Neat trick,” Vlad nodded at the transformation of the dress, checking his pockets. He handed Glacia a small black card, which had looping golden lettering on it, a name written across it that wasn’t her own. Instead, it indicated its owner was Sileena Silverscale, and Vlad showed her a black card of his own, with the name Vitaly Kaase on it. “I wasn’t aware of any fake names you use, so I just kinda… made one up. Just in case people start noticing you look an awful lot like a certain goddess.”

“Oh, how considerate, my darling dragon,” Glacia also used some magic to turn her hair bright pink, with red eyes to match, “Of course, I did make sure to go a lil’different here. Whaddya think?”

“I think it’s adorable, of course!” Vlad replied, grinning at her. “Like a strawberry-themed Glacia,” he added with a chuckle, standing on his toes to pat her on the head. “Not that I’ve ever disliked any of your styles, but this is definitely an excellent choice.”

“Aww,” Glacia blushed, using one last trick to make herself notably shorter, actually a little shorter than Vlad himself was, “There we go, now I look like someone who sorta has some resemblance to Glacia rather than being her in a disguise. … I’ll have to remember this one.

“Oh, wow, it’s the first time in a long time I could look down to see the face of my wife without being in dragon form,” Vlad joked, wrapping Glacia up in a quick hug. “The party should be starting any moment now, Gla-Sileena. Gotta get used to using the fake names… anyways, you ready to go?”

“Yup, Mr. Kaase. Or can I call you… Vitaly,” she said in her most seductive voice, before bursting out in a giggle, “This is just too much fun!”
“Oh, ok, so let’s wait to do that until we’re done, hmm?” ‘Vitaly’ replied with a small blush, looking over her and running his own hand across his face. With a ripple of magic, his scars were hidden, smooth skin replacing them, the green in his hair bleaching out as it grew, and he tied it back in a ponytail. “I guess it wouldn’t do for you to disguise yourself while I just go out with the most memorable scarring known to all sentient life, huh?”

“Yeah, understandable,” ‘Sileena’ nodded, “I do like your scars, but we gotta be smart about this, after all; the people here won’t be fooled if we just go as ourselves, after all.”

“I do like hearing you enjoy my scars, though,” ‘Vitaly’ replied, taking her hand and leading her towards the door. “There have been times I wondered if I should get rid of them permanently, but I always circle back to how they make me… me.”

“They’re a part of you, right?” ‘Sileena’ said, moving in a little closer. “It’s like why I still use the sword that had caused me so much issues in the past; we can’t just forget about it or pretend it didn’t happen, but it can help us remind ourselves of what we can do, who we are. And besides, I love all of you, scars and all.”

At this point, Vitaly’s blush was less a brushing of pink and more a solid sunburnt red. “You compliment me too much. I enjoy it, but I’m worth maybe half of the kind words I get from you, y’know.”

“If that’s what you’re so worried about,” Sileena tried to stifle a laugh at the blushing, “Try your best to be the man and the dragon that deserves it. That’s all we can do, right? Be our best for each other.”

“Well, yeah,” the man replied, shaking his head. “Anyways, we have a party to crash and an amulet to abscond with, don’t we, Lady Silverscale?”

“That’s right, Mr. Kasse!” Sileena linked arms with Vitaly and held his hand, “Let’s get going!”

Vitaly opened their door, letting them out of their suite and into the hallway, where they would soon find themselves on an elevator to the ground floor. He brushed a few strands of hair behind his ears before the doors opened again, squeezing Sileena’s hand as they stepped out and into the crowd.

The crowd was, itself, fancy for the occasion; fitting for a high class shindig, Vitaly guessed. He actually didn’t care too much what it was about, but he did like the look of some of the food being carted around by fancily dressed waiters and waitresses of all species. He had also eyed some of the booze, but decided it would be a bit rude to his pregnant wife and discarded the thought. It had given him a good chance to analyze the positioning of security, figuring out who to keep an eye on as the two blended into the crowd. “I suppose we should enjoy some of the food, my love,” he said to Sileena, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

The main floor of the casino played up the pirate ship motif, as even with the staff dressed as fancy as they were, many wore eyepatches or had ties with skulls-and-crossbones on them. At the top of the stairs was Ora herself, tall, dark-skinned with blond hair, wearing a black-and-gold pirate captain’s outfit, looking far more fancy and ostentatious than any real pirate of that age was, “I think she enjoys the idea of pirates more than knowing much about them,” Sileena giggled. Nearby was the penguin pirate Memphis, the champion of Gold Heart, and the red-haired woman Calba, Ora’s assistant, the only one of the three not dressed in the theming. The guests meanwhile were visitors from across the planes. “Right, let’s get some food, I’m starving,” Sileena brought them over to a spot that resembled a ship’s mess hall in style, but the actual food was a wide variety cooked by the finest chefs under the resident deity’s employ.

“Have I ever mentioned I was a pirate, for a bit? That was a pretty interesting time,” Vitaly told Sileena, looking over the food and gravitating towards the meat nearly instantly. “Though, yeah, this place kind of feels like a parody of pirate life. For one thing, there’s not anyone stumbling around drunk before the party even starts!”

“Pretty sure Goldie didn’t want anyone doing that at her fancy gala,” Sileena smiled as she too took some of the meat, “Y’know, I’ve always liked meat, of course, but geez, ever since I’ve become a dragoness I’ve loved it more. But you were a pirate, really?”

“Oh, yeah, totally!” Vitaly chuckled, piling multiple steaks on his plate with a grin. “Depending on how you want to slice ‘pirate’ versus ‘privateer’, twice even. Word of advice, don’t let the blind guy be the ship’s pilot. Nearly steered us straight into a whirlpool, and then there was this kraken, and hoo boy, that was a fight and a half.”

“Geez, I’m glad I didn’t have to deal with all of that… or maybe I would,” Sileena smiled, “It feels like I missed out on so much of your life. That just means we gotta make some adventures ourselves!”

"Well, I'm pretty old, after all," Vitaly replied, grabbing some fried fish for the both of them. "Of course, we'll have plenty of adventures I'm sure, but… hmm. Well, I'll think about it! I want you to know all those things about me too, and some of it I've probably even forgotten myself!"

“Of course, I wanna make sure you know about me, too,” Sileena said, getting some fries to go with the fish, “I know those dreams I told you about makes me seem like some sorta wreck, but there’s a lot of great moments too!”

"Darling," Vitaly said, giving Sileena his most winning smile. "If a series of fever dreams after the largest single change of your life that helped you accept yourself and your feelings make you seem a wreck, I must seem positively like the aftermath of a comet hitting down."

“Aw, c’mon,” Sileena gave Vitaly a hug, “You’re the best thing that’s happened to my life… erm, I mean, you’re a wonderful man, Mr. Kaase,” she winked. “Hopefully this buffet will have enough food to satisfy us!”

"I don't know, Mrs. Silverscale, I think between us we could eat the whole thing. Except for any brussel sprouts, I hate those," Vitaly shuddered.

“Aww, someone doesn’t like their greens?” Sileena smiled, realizing she didn’t even know why they were called that. Maybe after some place in Dornalia? “Well, don’t worry, even hungry dragons need to leave some food for the others.”

"I like some greens just fine," Vitaly made a point by putting some peas and carrots on his plate. "Just not those ones. Hrm, I wonder if they have any hot sauce…"

“Oh no…” Sileena shuddered, “I think I’m even more sensitive to that now than I used to be. Is that just becoming part of a dragon?”

"Maybe cause you're all cold themed?" Vitaly postulated with a shrug. "All I know is that I always loved spicy stuff, and the older I get, the hotter it needs to be!... yeah, it's probably a dragon thing. I bet you could get them to pop your food in a freezer," he chuckled.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Sileena went to the dessert tray and picked up some ice cream, “This’ll help me cool off. You have all the hot sauce you want, gods know you couldn’t be any hotter if you tried…”

Vitaly blushed, clearing his throat as he grabbed multiple bottles of hot sauce from the collection of sauces available. "You sure know exactly what to say, love…dragon."

“Still getting used to it, huh?” Sileena blushed, “Don’t worry, you’ll get there… now c’mon, let’s eat up. Got a big day ahead of ourselves, Mr. Kaase, and we can’t have the dragons getting hungry in the middle of it!”

"A big evening, at least," Vitaly chuckled, joining her as they sought out a table. "You know, I've never been the best at pet name type stuff, but I'm really trying. For Narris and for you; I want you to know that you both mean enough to me for that. So uh… hopefully you like lovedragon…"

“I do, very much,” Sileena winked as she took to his side, making sure that Memphis wouldn’t get a good look at her face, “It’s one of the many ways to show affection, and as you can tell, I really appreciate that. A big strong dragon like you has a big heart, after all!”

"I think it's grown three sizes since Diana was born," Vitaly replied, shielding Sileena from view of those who might recognize her, and taking a table in the crowd where they would be harder to spot. "I don't know if that reference exists in this world, actually. Basically, being here, and having Narris and you, and Diana and the rest of the kids… it's been a long time since I felt like this. I can't believe I ever let myself forget how nice a family is."

“I think I saw it from a story about Avala and why she gives gifts,” Sileena remarked, “Of course, Talva’s heart has always been huge and she’s giving lots of gifts now! … I’m glad that we can be a part of that too. After all, only in a few months, we’ll have a new clan to add to the family…”

"Clan Inv-uh, Silverscale," Vitaly caught himself as he spoke. "I'm excited! I hope they're just like you, full of love and hope and… well, generally goodness," he chuckled, patting her hand as he poured a full bottle of hot sauce on his steaks. "And, if they take after me, I hope it's in the good ways."

“Like how cute and charming you are, and oh-so endearing?” Sileena said, “I want that to; I also wanna make sure they love being dragons instead of being worried about it. After all, who wouldn’t want to be a dragon?”

"Well, yeah, who wouldn't," Vitaly replied wryly, but blushed a bit. "Of course we're going to do everything we can about that. If I can handle Diana, and turn out a kid that happy, I'm sure I can handle anything the new clan might throw at me," he chuckled. "They will love themselves, if I have anything to say about it!"

“I’m sure Lumia, Chera, Kurth and the others will love their lil’dragon siblings,” Sileena giggled, before chowing down on her food, “Mmmm… y’know, I was thinking, Narris is doing a lot of the cooking, but if our family gets bigger, we might need to get a little extra help there. Flocon and Neige are good chefs too, but you know I really can’t cook…”

"I can!" Vitaly replied, then pursed his lips. "But probably not for you. I kind of underestimate how spicy things are… well, alright, so you're proposing we what, hire a chef? We can afford it."

“Well, that’s one thing we can do, certainly,” Sileena nodded, “Would help relieve the pressure off Flocon and Neige for sure. Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if soon enough some of the kids end up having a liking for it. Granted, I think we’ll have to see what type of culture they’ll have.”

"If they dislike Izumin foods, I'm going to be very upset," Vitaly replied, rapidly progressing through hot sauce covered broccoli now. "I mean, that's my main contribution! And, well, I do want them to share at least some of my stuff, y'know?... but yeah, hiring a chef sounds good. We can ask Narris, too?"

“C’mon, I doubt anyone’s gonna say they hate sushi,” Sileena ate some of the fish and chips, her favourite food, “Remember the first time we all as a group had it? I remember lil’Kotone being really happy and wanting more and more of it! And the rest were a big hit too!”

"Well, of course I do! I've never seen Keiko pig out like that before or since, you could tell she was missing home a lot," Vitaly nodded, stealing one of Sileena's chips with a snicker. "... hey, I don't know if I've said this, but thanks for being so good to Keiko. She's had some real struggles getting used to this whole new world thing, even as many years as it's been. I think it means a lot to her that you were so happy with the yukata."

“It’s funny, for a while I thought she didn’t like me,” Sileena said, trying out the minty ice cream, “I guess it’s more Narris was her first mom and Yuki, well, she’s a kitsune like her and can help her with things the rest of us can’t. But I enjoyed the gift so much, it was really the moment I felt fully part of this family… well, that, or the moment Diana called me ‘Mama two’. Of course, you’re also part of mine now, adopting Talva kinda made a difference there!”

"Isn't that the point, Mrs. Silverscale?" Vitaly asked with a grin, his food finished already as he watched his wife eat. "To join our families, to make them stronger and happier, and to grow our own family from our love?"

“Of course it is!” Sileena giggled as she ate up her food, “It’s the greatest feeling in all the realms, to be able to have your family grow and thrive with you! And we’ll do it together!”

"I think I know why you got the particular… roles… you got," Vitaly chuckled. "Almost done eating, love? After all, another reason we're together is to have some fun, and we have quite the fun planned for tonight!"

“Oooh, that we do!” Sileena said, briefly hiding when she saw the shadow of a penguin before realizing it wasn’t Memphis. “Now then, I think I’m a full dragoness and looking for some fun indeed!”

"Well, the cuddling kind of fun can wait," Vitaly teased, standing up and smoothing wrinkles out of his blazer. He offered his hand to Sileena, speaking in a hushed voice, "But the kind where we slowly move closer to a particular door, that kind of fun we can have right now."

“Oooh, of course,” Sileena straightened her dress, though of course there was no hiding her current status, “Let’s get moving before a certain pengy sticks his beak into this…”

"Let's," Vitaly nodded, heading through the crowd, much of which was mingling together, drinks in hand, chatting or otherwise passing the time. "So do you know if the casino owner lady likes to make speeches?"

“Oh, you have no idea,” Sileena rolled her eyes, “She’ll talk your ear off about some adventure or big event she’s done, and then there’s the singing-”

True enough, Ora had gone on stage and was belting out a new song she had made like she was some sort of idol singer! However, she actually appeared to have a great singing voice, as she entranced the crowd with it.

"... I really, really want to go up there and steal that mic," Vitaly mumbled. "You've never heard me sing, have you?"

“I haven’t,” Sileena looked interested. “I’d love to hear that, but… well, I guess now isn’t the right time to be drawing attention to ourselves?”

"Probably not," Her new husband looked disappointed at having to restrain himself, but used the singing as a good distraction to get the two of them near the hallway they would need to take first. Unfortunately, there was still at least one guard in front of it. "Damn… well, we can wait a little. But yeah, I'm actually a really fantastic singer! I discovered a talent for it when I won a karaoke competition with an actual bard… though kind of a bad one, I admit," he snickered. "And after that, I just practiced, and practiced, and kept doing that for a long long time. Turns out over three thousand years is a lot of time to really perfect some skills."

“I can tell that!” the dragoness said with some admiration, “Already you’ve been teaching me a lot of things you know about, all just things you picked up over time. It’s how we really started to bond… y’know, maybe I could do that idol thing sometime, too, and we could play together sometime!”

"Oh, that does sound fun! I can teach Alvis some bass, and I think I heard him say his herald plays guitar… yeah, we could make a band! And you can be an idol and we can totally do collabs!" The old dragon seemed nearly giddy at the idea. "... you should get Narris to try it too. I've seen her dancing, she's got that part down."

“Oooh, totally!” Sileena giggled. “She’s been teaching me some dancing too, and lil’Diana always wants to join in! But I’m sure Alv would be happy to do that with you.”

"Something to look forward to, then," Vitaly grinned, squeezing Sileena’s hand. "You give me some great ideas sometimes, you know that?"

“Only because you’re always so full of great concepts that just need a lil’push in the right direction,” Sileena blushed, “Like this… lil’ excursion we’re doing!”

"Then it's a good thing we're a team," Vitaly told her, kissing her cheek. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a little silver construct that looked like a spider, dropping it on the ground. "I asked Aoife for some constructs to clean up my library… and I decided to repurpose one for this. It should distract the guard soon enough."

“Oooh, I was wondering about this,” Sileena had noticed one in the luggage when they arrived, thinking at first it was going to clean their room. “You’ve been planning, I see!”

“Well, after last time…” Vitaly shuddered, shaking his head as the spider-looking construct scuttled off. “I figured especially with just two of us, better to be prepared, hm?” He gave Sileena a lopsided smile as the construct moved near the guard, delivering him a small and annoying, but not dangerous, sting, then ran in a circle around him and scuttled off in another direction. “Come on, man, take the bait…”

The penguin guard squawked and waddled around, “Geez, Ora might need to hire better security,” Sileena giggled, before using a spell to cause some more noises around the construct to grab the guard’s attention, causing the guard to follow it in that direction.

"I guess you get what you paid for," Vitaly snickered, leading Sileena to the door. He didn't bother producing a fake pass, just waving his hand over it and watching it click open. "If they actually investigate, they'll know we fooled it with magic, but by then we should be long gone."

“Such a clever dragon,” Sileena giggled, moving a little slower than Vitaly was but making it through the door nonetheless, “Be careful though, there’s likely more guards and surveillance inside…”

"And that's why we have the most charming lady in the entire plane, isn't it?" Vitaly grinned, making sure not to leave Sileena behind. "Well, I'm feeling very lucky tonight indeed…"

“You’re always so lucky, so let’s keep it up,” Sileena said, as they entered the back rooms. True enough, the area seemed to be teeming with guards on patrol, though they seemed to have clear patterns, “Okay, I think maybe Ora is taking the videogame theming a lil’ too far here; I’m almost expecting her to have cardboard boxes for us to hide in.”

"Uh… well, yeah, she does," Vitaly pointed to a stack of boxes in a near corner with exclamation marks on them. "That's… I thought this place was pirate themed…"

“I mean, the outside is, but…” Sileena looked over, “... the guards are still wearing pirate outfits,” she sighed, also noticing the place was built like a ship’s cargo hold, “I think they’re mixing up their references here…”

"Even by my standards, this is chaotic," Vitaly frowned. "When making my casino, please remind me not to mix my references like that. It's… very strange."

“... but we’re still allowed to be bunnygirls in your dragon casino, right?” Sillena asked as she grabbed one of the boxes to start sneaking.

"If I said no, you'd just convince me to make it a bunny themed casino anyways. So yes," Vitaly chuckled, grabbing his own box. "We can't just use an invisibility spell?"

“Where’s the fun in that?” Sileena said. “Plus, y’know, there might be some counters against that… wait, I have an idea,” she giggled, whispering it to Vitaly.

"... are we sure you're not evil," Vitaly snorted, then started laughing. "Alright, alright, that does sound more fun. You take the right side, I'll take the left?"

“If I am, I’m worried about you,” Sileena winked, taking a few of the boxes with her. As she went forward, she set up a few boxes along the way, distracting and confusing the guards.

Vitaly copied her, carefully putting a few boxes in absolutely ridiculous places, and then with a snicker, enchanting one to follow a particular guard all on its own. Soon, he glanced over for Sileena, giving her a thumbs up.

Sileena giggled as she caused one of the boxes to float in midair, one of the guards looking at it confused, before it fell on him! She hid in one of the other boxes as another guard came to see the commotion, “C’mon, Fred, stop screwing around, there’s no floating boxes around here…”

Meanwhile, one of the boxes Vitaly had placed started spinning wildly, zooming across the floor and tipping a penguin guard into it. The box didn't stop there, though, doing a repeating track of the floor while another guard scratched his head watching. Vitaly snickered as he hid in his own box, watching a very dizzy penguin go stumbling around once he escaped.

One of the other guards managed to reach the box Sileena was in, but upon tipping it over she had already teleported to another box, making it past the guards as they were distracted by all the chaos, but not before causing the one they inspected to multiply and tumble over the guards. She couldn’t help but enjoy seeing it all!

Vitaly soon joined her, pointing her attention to the box he had been under, which seemed to be gently but insistently chewing on the flapper of one penguin guard, while the rest were chased by moving boxes! He chuckled, watching one guard get caught and spun along again. "This was a fun idea."

Sileena embraced and kissed him, “C’mon, it’s not a real heist unless you have a lil’fun, right? Besides, this seemed like the sorta thing you’d enjoy doing!”

Vitaly returned the kiss, grabbing her hand and pulling her deeper in before the guards recovered. "Generally fun is meant to be after the heist, but you got it right, I did enjoy it!"

“This is part of why I love you, though,” Sileena kept up as best she could given her condition, “I want to do silly fun things like that with you! No lasting harm, but still having a lil’fun with ‘em… even little things like that help a lot.”

"If I'm going too fast, tell me," Vitaly requested, slowing down again. He was quiet for a bit while they proceeded through hallways, occasionally dodging a guard or a security camera. "... I like having fun with you, but what I really fell in love with is who you are during your normal, relaxing times. And who you are when you're struggling… I've watched you go through some really rough things, Gl-Sileena, but I never thought you looked like you were ready to give up, except once."

“... you’re the best, you know that?” Sileena felt her heart skip, “... and the one time I almost gave up, you helped me… my hero.”

"Well, for all my flaws, I'm a helper," Vitaly blushed a little, giving his wife a smile. "And… it wouldn't do for you to think you were alone, would it? Not when you have me, and so many others, to help you. Even if I was just repaying the favors I owe you, you would still deserve all the help I can give."

“You’re such a sweetheart,” Sileena held onto her husband, “Now, lemme help you, since I think we’ve made it to the elevator to the vault,” she gestured to it, and the shaft leading to the lower floors, “No guesses on whether she’s trapped this or not.”

“If it were me, the answer would be yes. And this place is supposed to be pirate themed, it really ought to be,” Vitaly sighed, thinking of the storage room. “Then again, the five video games I’ve ever played never trapped the elevators… what’s your idea?”

“Oh, don’t be too quick to judge, Mr. Ex-Pirate,” Sileena used a spell to let her see magic auras, “They’ve loaded this place with cannon traps if you get in the line of sight.” Sharing it with Vitaly, they appeared like blue lines crossing points, “I know we could outrun them, but it might alert the guards if we trip them.”

“So do you want an exciting heist where we break out by the skin of our teeth, or a stealthy one where we act like those big name thieves in Alvis’ movies?” Vitaly asked, considering the lines of vision. “I figure in your condition, both running and acrobatics might be harder than usual.”

“Granted, I can probably handle it better than most people still,” Sileena sighed, “But I should be careful for our child’s sake.”

Vitaly patted her stomach lightly and nodded. “Exactly. And honestly, I never bothered to learn much in the way of teleporting magic, cause… well, Voidstep. I’d rather not do that around my pregnant wife too much, though, just in case.”

“Perhaps at some point I should teach you,” Sileena said, “But for now,” she took Vitaly’s hand and warped a short distance onto one of the cannon heads, “I can do this if you'd like. I’m still quite capable like this, y’know.”

“Ooh, very impressive,” Vitaly nodded. “This seems like a good idea, especially for you… but I’m quite happy to let you show off a bit,” he laughed, squeezing her hand.

“Okiedokies!” Sileena winked, warping short distances to the cannon’s heads, avoiding the lines of fire as they descended to the bottom. After a minute, they reached the ground, “There we go! Not bad, huh?”

“Very impressive,” Vitaly praised her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Why, if I didn’t know better, I’d think you were one of the best magi in the whole world right about now, with the precision you just displayed!”

“Only the best to be with the greatest dragon in the world, right?” Sileena kissed him back, “... I mean, if you were that right now…”

"We're not very good at that part of this, are we?" Vitaly chuckled, giving her a hug and then checking around the outside of the elevator shaft. "You know, I'm realizing… this is the second time I've taken a wife who was pregnant with our first kid together on a heist…"

“Geez, let’s not make it a habit,” Sileena teased, “But I’m glad for this opportunity, just as long as we get a nice long rest afterwards…”

"Oh, I've got something planned for that too!" Vitaly gave her a lopsided grin. "... what, even I can actually follow through on plans. You don't stay alive that long doing what I did if you can't."

“Oh, I know,” Sileena looked over at the vault’s entrance, having a large ‘X’ as if it was buried treasure, “And given how long you’ve been around, you can plan for quite a while if you want to.”

"Indeed!" Vitaly chuckled. "Now that vault door has gotta be a trap. But I brought something for that, too! Well, more like I made something up for it, but still," he muttered, examining the door and pulling out a small, glowing crystal. "I hope this thing works as advertised."

“If you don’t, ask for a refund,” Sileena giggled, “Get your money back!”

"I will!" Vitaly laughed too, setting the crystal against the wall, where it pulsed. He took Sileena's hand, and stepped right through the wall into the vault. Right in the middle was an amulet, platinum and silver, with an icy blue sapphire set in it. The magical aura it gave off was quite clear, and Vitaly grinned. "There she is…"

“Oh my,” Sileena admired it, “So this is the treasure we’re after then? It looks lovely… but we gotta be careful, there might still be defenses in here.”

"Do we check, or do we test my luck?" Vitaly asked, also admiring the amulet. He looked between it and Sileena, giving her a smile. "As I suspected, it will look perfect on you."

“If you wanna try out your luck, be my guest,” Sileena smiled, “I certainly won’t be maneuverable enough like this.”

"Then I claim this treasure in the name of love and loot!" Vitaly chuckled, grabbing the amulet and putting it on his wife with a grin. "Ta-Da!... probably should have checked for curses first. Whoops."

“Whoopsie,” Sileena giggled, “Well, unless this amulet makes me giggle at certain intervals, I think it’s okay? It isn’t like Ora to use such things anyways…”

"You need no help from curses to be a giggly dragon," Vitaly snickered, lifting her with just a little grunt. "And now, we can cheat to leave. It was fun, but we don't really want to go through and torture the guards again, right?"

“I dunno, it was fun,” Sileena snuggled up in his arms, “But I think the fun I want is with my beloved husband now.”

"To the room, then!" Vitaly grinned, pulling one last magical tool out of his apparently surprisingly deep pocket, a simple scroll. He quickly read the spell off of it, and gave Sileena a kiss as they disappeared from the vault, reappearing all the way back in their suite. "Did you have a good time?"

“Yup, I did,” Sileena, or rather Glacia, said as she kissed him back. “I’m surprised Ora’s security was so flawed, but I loved it! A successful heist, finally!”

"I think we can mark that down to the eccentricities of someone who loves pirates and video games too much," Vitaly, or actually Vlad, replied as his disguise faded away. "... I admit I can see why Ivrea enjoys these so much. When it all goes right, a successful heist is a thrilling thing."

“Guess we’ll have to consider ones in the future,” Glacia said, looking over the amulet, “Hmm, definitely not cursed, but it is magical…”

"It had better be," Vlad chuckled, setting Glacia down finally. "I assume you're going to investigate and figure out what kind, then?"

“Hmm, I can tell it has some sort of teleportation magic on it, a strong one,” Glacia said, resting on the bed, “Seems like it activates on a condition rather than an activation word or phrase. … wait, the location… that’s odd… Vlad, it seems to teleport the user to our realm.”

"Well, that's odd, isn't it?" Vlad hummed softly, removing his fancy clothing and sidling up behind her. "Anything else? Like what the condition is?"

“Well… it appears it’s when the person is hurt significantly, if a certain threshold is reached it’ll teleport them back, likely as a safety measure to keep that person safe…”

"Wow, sounds like a really intricate piece of work. I wonder if it has a maximum range?" Vlad asked, cuddling her.

“If it does, I can’t see it,” Glacia looked it over, “... I think I get it. Vlad… was this made for me? To keep me safe in a really dangerous situation?”

"... it really suits you, don't you think?"

“Vlad…” Glacia’s eyes teared up a bit, “You got this made for me, didn’t you? To make sure I was safe in case something genuinely threatened my life?”

"... close," Vlad admitted. "Jewelry isn't really my forte, so it took a few tries to get it right, but… I made it. Just for you, so that you can always come home."

“... how did I end up meeting someone as wonderful as you?” Glacia embraced Vlad, “And deserved to have you as a husband?”

"You met me by helping to bring me back to Mystria and giving me a place to stay. Funnily, that's also more than enough evidence that you might just be too good for me," Vlad returned the embrace. "... but what you do or don't deserve isn't what matters. We choose what and who we want in life, and I chose you. And that amulet… is a reminder, that I've chosen you now and forever, and absolutely nothing will stand in the way of that."

“My lovely, wonderful dragon…” Glacia kissed him, “I admit I started that because I felt sorry for you, but as we spent more time together, we became closer, and those feelings became ones of love and affection. I want to spend the rest of our days with you, adventuring by your side, raising a family, and just enjoying life together…”

"And we will. That's what I promised you, and I do try to stick to my promises," Vlad kisses her back, rubbing her stomach lightly. "And we're already on our way. But that's enough being sappy! I wanted to make you happy with that!"

“Oh, you’ve made me very happy with this,” Glacia giggled, “And now it’s my turn to make you happy. I promised you some more fun when we got back here, didn’t I?”

"You did!" Vlad nodded. "And I intend to take you up on that…"
Embassy Program

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Written with Dyste

Vlad hummed a tune to himself lightly as he set a cup of coffee on the bedside table for Glacia, and then returns to packing away the last few items in the closet. They had been enjoying the casino for a few weeks already now, and it was time for them to move on; Vlad had no doubt the casino would be overjoyed to hear about this, since he just couldn’t seem to lose here. One of Glacia’s dresses, in fact the one she had worn on the ‘heist’, floated over to him, and he held it up to look at it for a moment, smiling to himself as he carefully put it into her suitcase. He hadn’t been this happy since… well, probably the day Diana was born, or he married Narris, but before that, it had been a very long time indeed.

Glacia yawned as she sniffed the aroma of the morning coffee, “Oh… morning, my king… seems you’ve saved me with some coffee…” she was notoriously not a morning person, and Vlad had thankfully learned that she functioned better with some coffee, as she took a sip, “Ah… you’re so nice, you know that, my hero?” Those were both things she had been getting in the habit of saying.

Vlad, as he always did at the praise, blushed lightly. He closed up Glacia’s suitcase, having left a small selection of outfits out for her, and got changed himself before answering. “You always praise me more than I really deserve, love… dragon,” he was still getting used to using the pet name. “It just seems like, since I’m up anyways, I might as well make your morning as easy as possible…”

“Awww,” Glacia drank up her coffee before looking over her outfits, “Is it so wrong I want to make my husband a happy dragon? It sure seems like you’re working to make me happy.” Looking over the outfits, she chose to put on the kimono Keiko made for her, “So comfy… I’m really getting used to this.”

“I never said it was wrong, just it’s more than I deserve,” Vlad replied, pulling on a loose, short sleeved polo shirt and knee length shorts. Neither did much to hide the extensive scarring on his limbs, but it seemed like he cared less about that than he used to, now. “I’m really glad you like it, honestly, Glacia. It’s a bit silly to say, but Keiko means just as much to me as any of my birth kids, so… it’s good to see you like her gift.”

“It just felt so special, y’know?” Glacia smiled as she put away the other outfits; she had considered her classic blue dress, but she felt this represented her feelings more at this time. “She made it just for me, and it just made me feel like a part of your family. Keiko’s such a bright and talented fox, and as much part of your… our family as any of the others.”

“You’re right on all counts, as you often are,” Vlad said, kissing Glacia on the cheek as he swept up a wallet from his nightstand. “I’m not sure if I got all of your stuff, but I did my best. I also cashed in the treasure pile last night. Wanna guess how much we made in total?”

“Enough that Ora might give us a lifetime ban,” Glacia giggled, kissing him back. “I dunno, a billion?”

“I don’t know if the whole casino has a billion dollars in it at a time,” Vlad chuckled, hugging her. “Halfway there, though, a solid five hundred fifty seven million. A good haul! And a not insignificant part of it was your winnings, too!”

“Ooooh,” Glacia’s eyes sparkled, “More to add to the hoard, then? … geez, I think I really am beginning to think like a dragon…”

“Just imagine what it’ll feel like when we’re laying on it,” Vlad chuckled. “Hey, you wanted to be a dragon, right? Embrace it, then! At least the good stuff, like lying in a pile of treasure or breathing… well, ice, in your case.”

“That’s right, what good is being a dragon if I can’t enjoy it?” Glacia said with some degree of pride. “... and that goes for you, and our kids. I wanna make sure they love being dragons, too, and become good ones. So I better learn to be a good one for them, too!”

“You already are, though,” Vlad said, patting her stomach lightly as he picked up their suitcases. “Would you like to do a last comb of the suite? Make sure you haven’t left any of your valuable treasures behind?” He added the last part with a chuckle.

“Oh, alright then,” Glacia kissed him again, “Of course, my most valuable treasure is right in front of me, but I’ll check the place out, juuuuust in case.” she said, floating around the suite.

Vlad blushed a little more brightly at that, returning the kiss as Glacia went off to do a sweep. He really had done his best to get everything, but he’d also left a single golden coin in the sitting room, a little thing to hopefully make her feel like she had done… a good dragon, or something, he was just making half of it up as he went along too.

“Oooh, Vlad, we’ve got one more gold coin!” Glacia said as she floated back a minute later, “Almost missed this one, love,” she tossed it his way. “We don’t want our hoard to be missing any coins, now, do we?”

Vlad caught the coin, flipping it in the air, and then tossed it back to Glacia. “Why don’t you keep this one? You found it, after all, right?” He smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the cheek just for good measure.

“Yay! It’s my coin!” Glacia admired it, it had an image of Auram Nebilir on the front and Ora’s face in profile on the back, “Yknow, your casino will need to have special tokens too, won’t it? Imagine having the greatest dragon in the world on them!”

"Well, I'm sure I can fit both you and Narris on them, just to make sure of it," Vlad chuckled at the possessive tone Glacia took over the coin. "Now come on, I have somewhere even more special than this to take you next!"

“C’mon, you can be on the tokens too,” Glacia said, “You could even have multiple types so we can each have one!” She flew over to Vlad to hug him, “So it’s time to say farewell to this place; I hope Ora isn’t too upset, but we’ll be taking a good chunk of her gold! … and a more special place, hm?” she said, sounding excited.

"Well, I hope it's more special, at least," Vlad smiled, tossing the keys to the room on a table, wrapping up Glacia in his own hug. He kissed her, and then pulled her with him, out of the plane… and to a warm, sandy, empty beach, light blue water lapping at the shore, white sand underfoot.

“Oh!” Glacia was no stranger to teleportation, her own fighting style used it quite a lot, but that still took her by surprise. “A beach… where are we, love?”

"Well, Silverdale," Vlad smiled. "I can't remember what this place was named before, but it doesn't really matter. Do a little spin for me, tell me what you see?"

Glacia indeed did a spin, “Well, umm… water, sand… can’t say I see much in the way of other people, though…”

"Unsurprising," Vlad nodded, holding Glacia as she faced away from the ocean and pointing into the distance. "Can you see that building over there? Three stories, big bay windows?"

“Oh, of course!” Glacia could see it clearly. “Not exactly much else aside from that, after all.”

"That belongs to us. And so does everything else you can see right now," Vlad told her softly. "I bought it shortly before the wedding."

“Oh…” Glacia gasped, “So it’s a private beach for us? A lil’getaway from it all…” the dragoness sniffed, before hugging Vlad, “You’re the sweetest dragon around, you know that? You’re just so good to me.”

"I don't know if it's nice enough to deserve that," Vlad returned the hug anyways, rubbing Glacia's back. "But I wanted a place we could just have fun, no matter what, and our family too. It's pretty big, we can even fit in the beach in dragon form!"

“And we will have lots of fun, both in dragon form and out of it, won’t we?” Glacia giggled, moving in to give Vlad an easier time rubbing her back, “I know I promised to make you a happy dragon, but you’re doing a great job making me one too!”

"Love is a two way street," Vlad said, releasing Glacia to take her hand and lead her towards the building. "Now, come on, let's get settled in and changed into beach clothes. I figure we can spend a little longer here before we go back to the realm, right?"

“Of course, my king!” Glacia followed behind eagerly, “Lucky for you I always pack a swimsuit just in case…”

"Just in case of what?" Vlad asked with a laugh, using magic to keep sand off the luggage.

“Just in case I feel like wearing it,” Glacia giggled, “It seems that usually when I’m off on a trip it gets worn! And perhaps you’ll get used to seeing me in one if we’re gonna be going here often…”

"I better," Vlad replied teasingly. "If I think I haven't seen you in a cute swimsuit often enough recently, I know exactly where to bring you now!" He added with a laugh.

“Of course, it’s not like it always has to be here, either,” Glacia giggled, “Perhaps when we are traveling to more accommodating places I can show off some of ‘em? I’ve got plenty to show you, after all…”

"Yes please," Vlad nodded. For how large the beach was, it didn't take them long to reach the steps up to the house, which wasn't quite a mansion but was certainly larger than most normal houses. Vlad smiled as he pulled the keys out of a pocket, unlocking a sliding door, pulling it open and waving Glacia through. "Ladies first!"

“Ooooh!” Glacia walked in, the place feeling like a comfy beach house much like the ones that she saw in Dyste, only larger than most of those. “This is so wonderful, Vlad… I think we’re gonna have lots of fun times here!”

"We will," he concurred, sliding the door shut behind him. "I'm glad you like it! Do you want to give the place a name? It doesn't have one yet."

“Hmm, well… ‘Dragon Beach’ or ‘Dragon’s Bay’ or the like is a little too generic, plus no doubt someone’s taken it already,” Glacia considered, “Perhaps something that’s more about us? Like about luck or love… something like Fortune’s Cove, perhaps? Or maybe we should add ‘dragon’ somewhere there after all…”

"Fortune's Cove might get Narris telling pirate stories again," Vlad snickered. "I like it, though. If you want to include dragon in the name, why not Dragon's Fortune Cove?"

“Oooh, that sounds good!” Glacia’s eyes sparkled, “Sounds like a place a dragon would contain their treasures… which when we’re here together, the most valuable ones will be here with us!”

"It does sound good, doesn't it?" Vlad agreed, watching her eyes. The way they sparkled when she was excited was one of his favorite little things. "When the whole family comes here, then this cove will indeed be home to all my most important treasures in the world."

“It’s something I look forward to seeing!” Glacia said, getting to set down some of the luggage, “Now then, this kimono’s nice but I think it’s not suited to the beach as much, and as much as I’d love to be in dragon form with you at the beach, I suppose you’re interested in seeing what I picked out…”

"I enjoy your fashion shows, more than I would enjoy putting on one at least," Vlad chuckled, setting down the rest of the luggage. "There are bedrooms on the first and second floor, if you want to take one, though the biggest one is actually on the third floor, so… maybe that one?"

“I have a feeling the royal chambers in this will be the biggest bedroom,” Glacia teased, “Plus it lets us view the place from above like a dragon would!”

"And you worry if you're going to be a good dragon," Vlad shook his head in bemusement, picking up the luggage and carrying it upstairs. "Well, come on then, my dragon queen! Let's go look at the world from on high, as befitting your station!"

“Yay!” Glacia floated up alongside him to the top floor, “... you really mean it, don’t you? … sorry if I’ve been worrying about that so much, but I’m just so relieved you feel that way. I don’t want to let you down, I’m supposed to be a dragon queen after all.”

"Of course I mean it, Glacia," Vlad told her, letting her float a little bit ahead of him. "Seriously, you do this thing sometimes where you turn that big ol' brain of yours against yourself. You're pretty spectacular, you learn fast and well, you're clever, you've got the whole package, and I only partly say that because I'm very obviously down bad," he added the last part with a snicker. "... but seriously, Glacia. Please have some confidence? I know it's something you have to build to, but you really really do deserve it. You're not going to let me down, you literally couldn't even if you tried, alright?"

Glacia sighed, “... I’m sorry about that, Vlad. I know I have confidence issues, and I really am trying to work on it. I just wanna be the best wife I can be, so… lemme be that for you. If you feel like doing that’s just being me, then… well, I guess I better keep on being me, for both our sakes.”

"I can't think of a single way you could be a better wife, Glacia," Vlad confirmed, giving her a kiss and holding her for a minute. "Seriously, I'm pretty… experienced… and there's very few people in all the many worlds I've visited I would consider as amazing as you… and even less that I think are so perfect for me, or were so exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. That list… that's a list of three people, Glacia, in three and a half thousand years. Surely you understand how special that is?"

Glacia’s eyes watered up a little, “Vlad… I might not’ve been around as long as you, but I can say that you entered my life when I needed you the most. I think I would’ve lost my way if I didn’t meet you when I did. I only regret not having been able to meet you earlier. So… let’s make up that for each other, okay? I’ll give you everything you need, and treat you as you deserve.”

Watching the moisture in Glacia's eyes seemed to have an equal effect on Vlad, as he felt himself tearing up against his will, hugging his wife tighter. "I know you will, Glacia. I think you would've been alright without me, but I don't think the reverse is true… and I don't want to find out. Every effort you give me, I promise, I'll return it, tenfold if I can, alright?... Just like my beautiful and amazing wife and queen deserves."

“You’re the nicest, most sweetest dragon around, you know that?” Glacia smiled, rubbing noses with him, “So why don’t I show you what you deserve with what I promised, hm?” Taking her luggage, she went up to the bedroom in order to change.

"Oh, right, yeah, I'll wait," Vlad replied, trying to control his blush as he watched her go. When he was pretty sure she was out of earshot, he mumbled to himself. "Hate to see you leave, love to watch you go… Narris was right, that is a good expression…"

After a few minutes, Glacia exited wearing a golden bikini, a similar colour to the king’s own scales, shining brightly as she exited, “How do I look, my love?”

Vlad was speechless for a moment, then he walked around Glacia in a small circle. As he came back to standing in front of her, he got a silly grin, wide and happy as he grabbed her shoulders. "You… look… perfect," he told her, looking her over again. "No, wait, even more… you look like you're mine."

“Oh no, I’m caught in the clutches of the dragon king,” Glacia mocked a gasp, but was clearly enjoying every moment of this. “Whatever shall he do to me!?”

Vlad growled softly, playing into the role he had been assigned. "He is a dragon king, and shall do whatever he likes! Have you not heard how greedy a king he is? Or the rumors about his want to have the largest brood in history?... yes, you will surely be part of it!"

“Ooooh, I guess if I’m helping the big bad dragon, I’ll have to do as he wants!” Glacia shuddered, “I’ll just have to make him my husband, then! Then he’ll have to do what I want!”

"What a devious plan by this heroine!" Vlad gasped, then kissed her. "But she had better be careful, or else the big bad dragon might corrupt her!"

“Well, I think I’ll just have to see how much he’ll corrupt me!” Glacia opened up a window, jumping out; as she did, a larger silver dragon appeared outside, “Better see if the dragon king is able to handle his new queen!

"I think that bump in your belly answered that a few months ago," Vlad muttered, jumping out the window after her, a massive golden dragon appearing where he had been. "Well, show me your best, my queen!"

Glacia laughed as the silver dragoness flew along, stepping on a cloud for a moment before doing a loop around the beach, settling down near the water, “I suppose I need to be a little careful now, though… don’t wanna give myself too much strain when I’m like this.

She had little warning before a large, golden mass impacted the water, sending a small wave into her with a deep laugh. "Glacia, my queen, wyrmlings are stronger than you give them credit for! A bit of flying and soaking won't hurt our child."

Oh! S-sorry,” Glacia then jumped into the water, swimming up to the massive dragon, “I know you’ve told me to be safe, but I’m being a little bit of a worrywart about that, aren’t I?

“Just wait a month or two,” Vlad said, sitting in the water and still only just slightly submerged. “Soon enough, you’ll be calling me a worrywart about it, if my experiences with Narris are anything to go by… no adventuring though, unless we absolutely have to…” the golden dragon frowned, bumping his muzzle against hers.

Don’t worry, love, Shieldy and Yuki can have all the adventuring they like right now,” Glacia said, “Right here, I’m here for you and you alone. But I’ll keep that in mind, my king. So for now, let’s just enjoy ourselves, right?

“Right! We have a whole huge beach to enjoy, after all! I feel like I should’ve bought a grill or something…” Vlad mused on that last point, then used his tail to lightly splash Glacia again with a grin.

Oh dear…” Glacia used her wings to heap loads of water in order to splash Vlad, “We might have to get one! Maybe one that works with dragonfire, like your forge… I like it when you work there…” She let out a sound that seemed to be a mix of a giggle and a growl.

“Hey!” Vlad was thoroughly splashed now, getting his revenge by lifting a forearm and slamming it back into the water, making a small wave headed for Glacia with a small growl of his own. “I’ll bet you do! What’s so great about it, anyways? Isn’t it too hot for you?”

Glacia gasped, spewing out a blast of cold air to freeze a part of the waves before the rest of it hit her, “Oooh, wanna play then?” She said as she flapped her wings causing the previously frozen water back Vlad’s way, “Perhaps I just enjoy watching you work? And when you’re done, you like to cool off with your silver dragoness… you know I can’t turn out a chance to cuddle!

Vlad recoiled from the now very cold water, shivering slightly despite his size; the cold really did have an outsized effect on him. “Oi, watch the cold,” he complained, but it was undercut when he used his tail in the same motion to haul Glacia into deeper water with him. “Let’s be honest. It’s cause I do it without a shirt on, isn’t it?”

Glacia was taken off-guard as Vlad pulled her in, “Oooooh, look at how the big bad dragon does his dastardly plan! … and mmmmmmmmmmaybe that’s part of why, she winked.

“Oh, I’m back to being a big bad dragon king, am I?” Vlad laughed deeply as he snaked his neck around hers. “And what does that make you, my queen?”

I’m the big bad dragon queen, clearly!” Glacia let out a louder laugh, “Enjoying her honeymoon with her beloved king she is devoted to!

“Sounds more like a cute dragon queen to me,” Vlad said, tapping his nose against hers lightly. By now he had pulled them a decent way offshore, but he kept her close, quite able to support the both of them if needed. “... but your devotion is appreciated, truly. What a spectacular queen, wife, and lover you are.”

Why is it okay for me to be the cutie dragon but you always complain when we call you one?” Glacia pouted in jest, “But I promise you that I’ll be that way. I told you I wanted to make sure you’d be happy, and… well, you seem pretty happy now, aren’t you?

“Yes, I’m happy, and no, you don’t need to give me a big speech about it,” Vlad laughed deeply, flicking a tiny bit of water on Glacia. “Really, I know what you’ve done and are doing for me. Thank you, lovedragon.”

Even right now, when I’m gonna soak you in so much water!?” Glacia used magic to shape the water into a wave to crash into the giant dragon!

“Thus is the fate of kings, to be betrayed and dep-” Vlad began to monologue, but the wave crashing over his head stopped him from speaking for a brief spell. After a moment, he spluttered. “Oh that’s war, cutie queen,” he declared, dunking her in the water and then flying away with a laugh!

Oooh, I’m gonna get you, my king!” Glacia spat out water and shook off some before taking flight herself, “You’ll never be without me, my love!

“Should I give you a handicap, my queen?” Vlad laughed, continuing to rise as she chased him, a grin that showed his teeth on his face. “Or does my darling lovedragon want to show me just how fast she really is?”

I’ll show you just what I can do!” the silver dragoness rushed forward, increasing her speed, “I want you to see just how much I’ve practiced this!

“Impress me, then,” Vlad replied, and while it was still slightly playful, it was a challenge nonetheless, as he flew backwards and dove to pick up speed, flying low and fast over the water!

Glacia was catching up slowly but surely, able to use the clouds as a spot to jump off and getting over the water, “ Uh-oh, I’m closing in, love!

“I can’t believe you can actually do that thing with the clouds,” Vlad said, letting Glacia get closer before he looked back and grinned at her. “But I can go somewhere you won’t ever catch me, heroine!” He declared, taking a deep breath… and plunging straight down into the sea!

Oh no!” Glacia gasped, before giggling as she teleported straight in front of Vlad’s head and hugged him, a huge grin on her face.

Vlad pouted as he pulled them both out of the water, grumbling as they broke free. “Using magic is cheating! I could have just voidstepped if we were doing that!” He whined, booping her snout with his own.

Glacia giggled, “Awwww, sorry, I just got so excited and all! Seeing you all playful like this… it just makes my day, y’know?

“You’ve certainly let me know,” Vlad replied, doing his best to fly them both back to the land. “It is… nice, just to be able to enjoy myself. With you, or Narris, or both of you, that’s… aw man, I might cry thinking about how nice you are to me…”

Well, then, I suppose I better be prepared if that happens,” Glacia morphed back into her elfy self, hugging the giant dragon’s side, “Because we’re gonna make you enjoy your life.”

With Glacia in her elf form, it was a lot easier to fly them back to shore, where Vlad would shift back himself. He held Glacia tightly, kissing her as they stood on the beach. “You already do. And I really do believe that you always will help me enjoy life. I hope I can do the same for you.”

“And we’ll help all our family do that, too,” Glacia took Vlad’s hands and sat down with him, enjoying the view of their new cove, “They all deserve to enjoy their lives, with us.”

“You bet,” Vlad said. “Hey, can I see that gold coin you found?”

“Oh, this?” Glacia said, taking it out.

“Yeah, that,” Vlad said, taking it gently, and flipping it in the air. He caught it, breathed on it gently, and handed it back. “Little ritual I picked up… a long time ago. I don’t know if it works, but supposedly, that should keep the breath of luck with you. Forever.”

“‘Breath of luck’?” Glacia blinked.

“... right, not a thing here,” Vlad blushed a little. “Uh, in the place I picked that up, luck was considered a Lady, and her breath was said to give one good fortune, if you were fortunate enough to come into contact with it. Well, I’m no Lady Luck, but I am a pretty lucky dragon, so…”

“Geez, you spoil me, don’t you?” Glacia went up close to him, “All these lovely gifts for your new wife. But I already feel like the luckiest dragon around, because I’ve got you.”

“I want to spoil you,” Vlad replied, resting his head against her with a content smile. “I want you to be happy, and feel loved and lucky. I want you to have everything you could ever want or need, and for our family to have the same. And I want to be sure, if I’m ever not around… that you’ll be just fine.”

“Well, good thing we won’t let you be alone anymore,” Glacia rested with him, “As long as you’re with us, you’ll always be loved, and feel wanted and needed. You belong with us now.”

“Oh, no doubts about that,” Vlad agreed. “And if I didn’t, I’m not sure even I can handle being chased by both you and Narris at the same time again,” he laughed, laying back in the sand with her and cuddling. “So instead, I’m just going to do my best to be right next to the both of you forever.”

“Good, because we’re definitely gonna do that if you try!” Glacia laughed as she lied down next to Vlad. “Such a beautiful view, isn’t it?”

“Hrm? Oh, the sea? I suppose,” Vlad replied. “I was busy looking at you.”

“And you’ll have plenty more of that in the future,” Glacia giggled. “As much as you desire, my king.”

“We’re right back to asking if you’ve ever heard how much desire a dragon king has…” Vlad murmured to her. “Just don’t get tired of being admired.”

“And you don’t get tired of getting affection,” Glacia yawned as she snuggled up to him, “If you do, you might’ve married the wrong woman…”

“Wrong women, even,” Vlad joked, mostly to himself, as he yawned in response. “Mmm, a nice nap on the beach… that does sound good. Especially with my always-cool-side-pillow of a cuddly dragon.”

“And I’ll be warmed up by my space heater dragon,” Glacia held on closely to him, “Mine.”

Mine,” Vlad replied, slipping into sleep slowly. “My queen, my dragoness… now and forever…”

“And my king, my love…” Glacia yawned, “I’ll keep you happy and content, I promise…”

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:11 pm

Co-written with Rohane Alista

Vlad stood in the sand, in humanoid form, stretching and feeling the sand crunch between his toes. He watched the sun set with a slightly troubled smile, the purple sea slowly lapping at the shore. He walked forward a few feet, letting the water splash into his feet, taking and releasing a deep breath. The sun continued to slowly slide behind the horizon as he watched it.

From behind, Vlad felt his wife embrace him, “Such a lovely view, isn’t it, my king? I’ve enjoyed this little getaway so much…”

"All the better with you," Vlad placed his hands on Glacia's, feeling her swollen stomach against his back. "I've had an amazing time, and I'm glad I was able to give you one too. It's just about up, though."

“Just about up…?” Glacia sighed, “Right… you wanna make sure I’m back home before, well… I can’t really get up anymore? … yeah, I understand. I just am glad we enjoyed the time we had here.”

"I also need to see Narris and my other kids," Vlad added, patting a hand. "I want to be there for both of you, as you're getting further along. And, well… I admit, I'm a bit worried…"

“A bit worried?” Glacia reached over to kiss her husband, “I kinda figured you needed to see them too, and they’re probably missing us… but is there something else?”

"This one is about you," Vlad admitted. "Well, and our daughter," he clarified, watching the sun truly set. "It would be hard to deny that, even if Diana is an extra special example, all of my children with Narris have been… odd. And, well… I worry about our baby…"

Glacia decided not to bring up that perhaps it was because Vlad himself was odd, “Oh, well… then it’s best we’re all able to relax together and take it easy, hm? The last thing we’ll need to this is stress.”

"Of course," Vlad turned in her arms, giving Glacia a kiss, then patting her stomach. "I hope I'm worrying about nothing, as usual. But I don't know if it's dragons instincts or what… something is telling me you'll need to take it extra easy."

“Oh, I feel you there,” Glacia groaned a little, “I guess you’ve noticed me getting a lil’ slower recently? Even if this isn’t my first child, it’s my first wyrmling, and it’s been a lot…”

"And so soon after the change, too," Vlad clicked his tongue. "We probably rushed this some, to be honest, but I can't help myself," he chuckled softly. The draconic man ran his hands over her stomach adoringly, giving Glacia a small pat. "Wyrmlings are a lot fiercer than an elflet, aren't they? Energetic, and big, and- oh, that was a kick!"

“Yeah, yeah, she’s a tough one I think; honestly might be even for wyrmling standards,” Glacia giggled; she just enjoyed seeing Vlad so happy and affectionate, “I gotta admit that maybe we did go into that pretty quickly after I recovered, but… I couldn’t be happier than with you, my love.”

"You flatter me so much," Vlad blushed a little; one might have thought by now he'd be used to it, but he never seemed to be quite fully comfortable with the compliments. "I think you're right though, she seems fierce. That's another kick!... Wow, I'm sorry our first daughter is apparently a rowdy sort…"

“I suppose if Narris survived having Diana as her first, I can manage this,” Glacia said, but she did wince slightly, “Okay, okay, I get your point, sexy dragon. We should go back so Nari and I can relax with your help…”

"Sexy?" Vlad blinked. "Oh, uh, right! Are you ready to go? I can always come back for luggage later, if it's not important?"

“Well, we should grab the important stuff for sure,” Glacia nodded, “But yeah, if we don’t need to bring it immediately we can wait. And don’t worry, I have the most important piece here,” Glacia was currently wearing one of her swimsuits, so the necklace Vlad had gifted her was easily visible on her neck.

"Good! I hope you'll keep that one on you everywhere, all the time," Vlad said, giving her a soft kiss. "Alright, what's important enough that we should bring it right away?... the kimono, right?"

“Right, Keiko will be upset if I don’t bring that back after all,” Glacia blushing, returning the kiss, “I’d like to say the bunny outfit, but well, I’m probably not wearing that like I am now! Oh, and of course the special coin, too.”

It was Vlad's turn to blush again at the mention of the coin. "That was so embarrassing… but hopefully it works. Though if it doesn't, I'm happy to share my luck with you whenever, since you're clearly one of the sources of it!"

“I’m happy to be your lucky charm, then!” Glacia said, reaching over, “Perhaps you’ll have to keep me close, in that case?”

"As close as I can," Vlad smiled, lifting Glacia with a grunt. It took him a moment of adjusting to start moving in the sand with the extra weight, but he made no protests. "Now come on, nothing can be closer than me carrying you, right?"

“If there is, I haven’t thought of it,” Glacia giggled, cuddling up in his arms, “Now, then, shall we grab what we need to and head home?”

"Yes, let's," Vlad said, trudging across the sand to the beach house, curling Glacia up a little so he could open the door one handed. "Alright, so… kimono, coin, uh… I should probably bring back one suit so Narris doesn't assume I wrecked them all…"

“Oh, fair point,” Glacia waved her hand in order to return the coin to it, and did another to bring the kimono over, “I can still do a lil’magic, after all… oh, what about the money? I guess we’ll still have gold to rest on at home, huh?”

"Oh, yeah, the money," Vlad blinked. "Honestly, it was such a paltry sum I forgot about it. Probably should bring it along, though, every little bit helps!"

“We can see perhaps if there’s some good causes for some of it,” Glacia smiled, “But I’ll leave managing that to you, I think if I try too I’ll become too much of a cranky dragoness at this point…”

"That is best avoided," Vlad said softly, a small briefcase appearing in his hand. He shifted Glacia slightly so she was almost sitting up in his arms, and pecked her on the cheek. "Shall we go home, my dearest lovedragon?"

“Yes, let’s,” Glacia rested her head on his, “I know it’s only been a few months since we left, but I miss our home, and everyone there.”

"Me too, you know," Vlad replied, turning to walk out the door. "Hmm… I know it's a little unneeded, but what do you say I take us straight to the hoard?"

“Oooooh,” Glacia’s eyes shone, “I love it! … geez, I am becoming more of a dragon, aren’t I?”

"In all the best ways!" Vlad laughed, stepping out of the beach house, all the way back to the Divine Springs, and specifically the dragon's hoard hidden within.
Embassy Program

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:18 pm

Written with Dyste and Glaristant

When they reappeared in the great horde within the Divine Springs, Vlad wasted no time in setting Glacia up. She would barely have time to register that she was home before she found herself lounging on gold smoothed over and shaped to give her a good bed, her husband beaming at her as he took it in. “You might be silver… but among the gold like this is definitely where you belong!... Now, forgive me, Glacia, but I should go let Narris know we’re home, too. I’m sure she’ll burst right in after me,” he chuckled. “It’s a good thing you two are such good friends.”

Glacia sprawled on the gold, letting out a tiny cute roar as she made herself comfy in the pile, “Mmm, so nice… I think I’m becoming a better dragon already! … oh, right! Yes, we should get Nari, she’d also like to rest in the gold no doubt!”

"From personal experience… yes, she does," Vlad laughed again, watching Glacia get comfortable. "You're a great dragon already, Glacia. Don't worry about that," he informed her, deciding to head over and give her a peck on the forehead before he left the room. "A cute one, too!"

Glacia blushed, “Aww, you’re so nice…” she could get used to this sort of treatment. She was better understanding what the two of them and Alvis were like over the last few months, she felt, and she wanted to be better, for all their sakes. “Don’t be away for too long…” she said as she relaxed on the bed of gold.

"I won't," Vlad replied, waving to her as he left the room. As the stone door to the room clicked closed behind him, soft torches sprang into life, and Glacia could feel a slight breeze from somewhere. She would know it was artificial, something Vlad had used magic to replicate, to make the room feel like a real cave.

“Oh my…” Glacia looked around, “It does feel like I’m a dragoness sleeping on my treasure in a cavern… why do I like it so much?” She had been feeling quite different ever since the ritual, like a taste for raw meat, but it really seemed to be affecting her mood. Thankfully, it seemed that the calming breeze had helped put her at ease at this time. Such a considerate husband, she thought to herself.

A little while later, not too long, but long enough for Glacia to be well settled in, the door opened again. Vlad entered with a smile on his face, watching his wife relaxing on their treasure, and soon joined her. "Narris will be along in a minute. She was just putting Diana down… I offered to take her, but…"

“Ooh, I hope lil’Diana’s been good,” Glacia cuddled up with Vlad, “She’s such a sweet kid, and Lumia and Chera like her a lot, too. Nari’s really become a great mom, hasn’t she?”

"She is a better mother than I am a father," Vlad looped an arm around Glacia. "I really owe it to her that the kids are turning out so well… and they probably owe their problems to me," he groaned softly.

“C’mon, no…” Glacia pouted, “You can’t think like that, you’re a great dad, too… remember what you did for Talva? Not many people would be willing to do that after how you two met, but it meant a lot to her.”

"Well, I know a lot about losing control of yourself, and screaming inside your own head," Vlad frowned. "It wouldn't be very graceful to ask forgiveness from Narris or you, and not then offer it to someone else, would it? Especially if it's someone important to you."

“I think it’ll help her out, having you to talk to about that,” Glacia said, “But my point stands; you are a lot more empathetic and caring than you give yourself credit for, Vlad. If you don’t believe in it yourself, maybe Narris and I will do that for you.”

"Is this a 'believe in the me who believes in you' speech?" Vlad asked. "I used to know a lady who loved those kinda speeches. Of course, she was about nine and a half feet tall and I once watched her rip a battleship's main gun right off, so it was… persuasive."

“Well, if you’d like, I can become even bigger now,” Glacia giggled, “And I’m not sure I’m that strong even then, but Narris probably is! But here’s my point: whenever you’re not feeling your best, I’ll be there for you. I love you, after all!”

"I know you will, love…dragon," Vlad replied, snuggling up to her. "And you know I'll also be there for you. I know you sometimes have doubts you don't like to talk about… but tell me all about them, alright? I'll tell you how silly they are, and how amazing you are."

“My hero,” Glacia smiled, “Just keep telling me and maybe one day I’ll truly believe them for myself. I’d ask you to bear with me and put up with my silly ways, but you can be a silly dragon yourself I’ve found out…”

"I'll keep telling you forever and ever. And ever. And don't call me silly," Vlad mockingly complained, one of his ears twitching as he looked up. "She'll be here in just a moment."

“Oh, I can tell, silly dragon,” Glacia giggled, “I’ve got good hearing too, and she’s also a giantess compared to us like this!”

"Aye, ye both be adorable little elflets when ye be like this." bellowed the voice of Narris, with it shifting from draconic to human as a pair of thick arms embraced the two dragons. Narris kissed them in turn as one of her hands went to stroke Vlad's ears, "So, I trust you two didn't cause too much trouble on your honeymoon eh?"

"Oi, ears sensitive," Vlad twitched, his eyes closed. He had noticed the kiss for Glacia, but was mulling over how to bring it up as he replied. "Barely any trouble at all. Didn't even get kicked out of the casino."

Glacia kissed Narris back, cuddling up with her as well, “I’m pretty sure if we caused any more trouble, Ora might’ve complained, but she seemed to take it surprisingly well! I hope you weren’t too lonely without us here, Nari?”

"Oh come now, ye know damned well that be one of yer favorite things I do, love.” Narris said, leaning in to kiss her husband as he could hear a faint whisper from her, “You know that you will always be first in my heart, love, no matter how many lifetimes pass or worlds we go through. Don’t let one little kiss for her trouble ye.” The golden dragoness giggled as she released the two, giving a mock sigh as she smirked, “Oh not too much. Between Diana and Orne I haven’t had too much time to dwell on being lonely……That’s not to say I not be happy ye finally be back. Now, what did our silly dragon here do that nearly got ye two kicked out of the casino?”

“We just won a lot of money!” Vlad protested, frowning. He heard what Narris said, but still, he withdrew a little bit, sitting up. “... and we need to talk, apparently.”

“Oh, what about?” Glacia sat up, still embracing the pair.

“... Really?” Vlad raised an eyebrow. “You’re going to make me ask, instead of telling me? Well, fine, I’m a big boy. What’s going on between you two?”

“I mean…..Do ye want to tell him Glaci, or should I?” Narris said, looking to Glacia with a raised eyebrow.

“Well…” Glacia was trying to find the right words here. “Well, I’m your wife, Vlad, and Narris is your wife as well… we are both the Divine Dragon Queens. In that case… what should we be to each other in this case?”

“Why are you asking me? I was monogamous for three thousand years,” he reminded them both. “Friends? You already are that, obviously. But it feels a hell of a lot like you’re a bit more than friends.”

"I would be lying if I said we were just mere friends, Vlad. The truth is, Glacia and I have been involved on occasion…. particularly during my pursuit of you." Narris said, a slight sigh escaping her lips. She gave him a firm scowl as she retorted, "Yet with that being said, none of that changes our love for you or your position in hearts. You will always be our husband and bondmate…."

“And, well…” Glacia sighed, “You know how the two of us took that trip to her family’s after I recovered? Well, we were thinking that… perhaps the two of us should be married as well? So we can be one big couple and all…”

Vlad scowled. "I'm barely even concerned about you two deciding to be together as well, right now, to my surprise," he told them, putting in effort to keep his voice even. "I am very concerned that neither of you told me. About what you did while I was gone," he looked at Narris, disappointed. "Or what you did while you were the ones gone," this time it was a disappointed look for Glacia. "I haven't hid anything from you two. You know things about me I can barely bring myself to speak about, because I trust you. Do you… not trust me?"

“Of course we trust you, Vlad,” Glacia put her arms around her husband, “We just had come to the idea just shortly before the wedding, and didn’t want to overshadow it, but… you’re right. We should share all we can with each other, as spouses should. We chose to all be together for a reason… actually, a few reasons.”

"Vlad, you know I trust you with everything I am, as well as so much more." Narris said, embracing the two as she remarked, "You are right in that we should have told you, wedding or no. It was ..beyond inconsiderate of us to not do so….even if we wished to be together as well…."

Vlad sighed, running his hand through his hair as he thought. "I don't feel like I could say no, even if I wanted to, given how… everything went down," he referred, of course, to the rather abrupt way he and Glacia had gotten together in the first place. "And I want you both to be happy. Obviously. I, just… yeah. I'm hurt that I found out like this. This… I'm not claiming to be perfect, or even good enough, but… I don't think I would've done it like this."

“You are good enough, silly dragon…” Glacia sighed, kissing him, “Do you think I would’ve married you if I didn’t think so? But… I’m sorry. We’re a family now, and we should discuss these things together.”

"You are more than good enough….perhaps even too good for us, love dragon. Honestly, you should know that by now given what lengths Glaci and I have gone to keep you in our lives." Narris said, sighing as she kissed him in turn, "Look we went about it the wrong way, you are right about that. I am sorry for that….Truly…."

Vlad was still frowning, but his shoulders lost their tension as they assured him. "I can't stay upset with either of you. I would be a hypocrite… but please, don't just hide these things from me, in the future? I… I think, if I thought I was losing my family again, I…" he couldn't finish the sentence, instead settling for giving both women tight hugs. "I can't lose you."

“And you won’t, my king,” Glacia purred a little in the embrace. “Because we’re together forever… and you’re mi-... ours.”

"Mine," was the only, rather muffled, response as Vlad squeezed them both tighter.

"And you….are ours....now and forever" Narris purred, holding him tightly as she nuzzled him.

"Good," Vlad replied, pulling them back into the pile of treasure with him. "But no more secrets like this. We all deserve to know…"

“Don’t worry, I’m done with that,” Glacia giggled, “Besides, I think I’ll be a bit too busy lying in bed for the next while to get any new ones…”

"Indeed….I think we'll all be too busy for secrets for a while…." Narris laughed as she snuggled up to her lovers, enjoying the closeness.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates