NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal “Rights and Duties of WA States”

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orifna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Orifna » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:37 pm

Guys, why are we roleplaying in the World Assembly Forum...?
A southern fella who likes talkin’ bout the weather.
Crackheaded sun-loving Floridian super-space-nerd living in the Sunshine State with an immense love for space.

I'm somewhat of a picky eater, but I LOVE eatin.

Avid King Of The Hill enjoyer
Boomhauer all the damn way bro

ISRAEL ALL THE WAY, DOWN WITH HAMAS!!! (I don't wanna anger anyone, this is my opinion.)

Wanna chill with me? Head to my region, Orifnan Interational, at https://www.nationstates.net/region=ori ... ernational

Highly skilled in video games, whether they be sandbox games like GMod, Minecraft, Scrap Mechanic, or shooter games.

"DANG' OL LIZARD ON MY BACK IT'S CRAWLIN UP MA' SHIRT!"
- Probably me

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:40 pm

Orifna wrote:Guys, why are we roleplaying in the World Assembly Forum...?

(OOC: This forum involves quite a lot of roleplay, albeit in the context of debating proposals. Lots of players here represent their nation’s interests through a character such as an ambassador, as whom they roleplay. Although, of course, the focus is on passing good legislation, there is a lot of fun to be had here in snippets of character-based roleplay. It creates a good framework for debate.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:42 pm

This is an RP forum.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:04 am

Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States" was passed 12,307 votes to 5,290.

(OOC: After a delayed vote, finishing at 5:00 PM GMT 30 December, I am pleased to see this pass. Congratulations, LD!)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:10 am

Goobergunchia wrote:

This is an RP forum.

Jeez. I wonder why so many players are losing sight of that? :roll:
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:20 am

"My delegation and I are disappointed to see this pass", Bethany Greer began, "and I am very heartened to see that the majority of the International Democratic Union felt similarly, thereby ensuring we could vote Against this. Sanctaria will oppose any and all attempt to legislate for a WA army, police force, or any other kind of security apparatus in the absence of Rights and Duties."
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:24 am

the robot Dee left behind briefly tilts its ball of a head, before speaking in its mechanical voice

“Passed 12,307 votes to 5,290 makes indicates this has successfully passed. Mistress has directed thanks to be given to her co-author and to a lesser extent the voters. Mistress will return once she finds the original copy of #2 to answer any remaining questions.”

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Ice States » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:31 am

Congratulations to LD and EP, and good riddance.

Last edited by The Ice States on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:41 am

"We would like to congratulate the ambassadors of Lord Dominator and Excidium Planetis for their passage of this proposal. It's about time someone stepped up and pulled this off."

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:29 am

Lord Dominator wrote:“Passed 12,307 votes to 5,290 makes indicates this has successfully passed. Mistress has directed thanks to be given to her co-author and to a lesser extent the voters. Mistress will return once she finds the original copy of #2 to answer any remaining questions.”

"And many thanks to Dee-dee-dee for her cooperation on this effort!" Adelia Meritt replies. "I hope she found the vintage post card I mailed her offices prior to the reality collapse we experienced.

"To the rest of you, as tomorrow shall be End Year's Day, I wish you all a Happy End Year's."
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Goobergunchia wrote:This is an RP forum.

Jeez. I wonder why so many players are losing sight of that? :roll:

They're newbs; they'll learn.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives