NATION

PASSWORD

1 Billion Lions vs. 1 of Every Pokémon

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Who would win; 1 billion lions or 1 of every Pokémon?

1 billion lions. That's a lot of lions.
20
27%
1 of every Pokémon. They're too strong.
53
73%
 
Total votes : 73

User avatar
Hispida
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5396
Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

1 Billion Lions vs. 1 of Every Pokémon

Postby Hispida » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 am

Please consider the following hypothetical.

A deathmatch between 1 billion lions and 1 of every Pokémon is put together. These numbers are static and do not change, excepting the death of a lion or the death/fainting of a Pokémon.

Rules:

- The battle takes place on a flat grassland.
- Assume that the lions can attack flying and water-based Pokémon, and that Pokémon who live in certain environments have been genetically altered to be able to survive on the battlefield.
- Do not take PokéDex entries into account, as most are just outright illogical (come on, how is Magcargo hotter than the surface of the sun?).
- Assume all Pokémon are level 50 and every lion is in its prime.

Who wins and why?

I used to be on the side of Pokémon. I'll admit it. but hear me out.

There are 905 Pokémon. Each Pokémon can have a maximum of 4 moves, which is a total of around 3260 moves.

If each move has 64 PP, that's only about 238,000 moves, not all of which are damaging. 238,000 is far less than 1 billion.

Also, one billion lions is a lot of lions.
Last edited by Hispida on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
proud servant of the marxist-leninist-columboist revolution
he/they, ace/aro, "gravedigger of the revolution," "worse than fascism"

Victory Day: February 23, 2022

User avatar
Le Enclave Reformas
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Le Enclave Reformas » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:24 am

not really smort, so pokemons.





there's a pokemon named amoongus

User avatar
Lemsrow
Attaché
 
Posts: 83
Founded: Jan 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lemsrow » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:26 am

1 billion Lions.

The Pokémon will be heavily overwhelmed, especially the massive ones. But then again, there are exceptions. Which there aren’t so unfortunately it’s Lion Game.
Lemsrownian Weekly News!

IMS Tech. Inc. discovers new galaxy system, ripe for colonization!
Galactic Council election underway!
12-year-old in the Southern Luzon State graduates into university with a chess scholarship!
Intergalactic Chess Tournament held by the LCF begins next week!
9.1 magnitude earthquake in Chelyabinsk, 12,173 dead and 54,283 injured!

User avatar
Vallahalla
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Jul 30, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vallahalla » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:26 am

Depending on the level of the pokemon, if they're all level one than the lions.

User avatar
Hispida
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5396
Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Hispida » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:27 am

Vallahalla wrote:Depending on the level of the pokemon, if they're all level one than the lions.

good point. i'll add a rule stipulating a reasonable level 50, then
proud servant of the marxist-leninist-columboist revolution
he/they, ace/aro, "gravedigger of the revolution," "worse than fascism"

Victory Day: February 23, 2022

User avatar
Hispida
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5396
Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Hispida » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:27 am

-ignore doublepost-
Last edited by Hispida on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud servant of the marxist-leninist-columboist revolution
he/they, ace/aro, "gravedigger of the revolution," "worse than fascism"

Victory Day: February 23, 2022

User avatar
Nepleslia
Envoy
 
Posts: 214
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nepleslia » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:27 am

That’s such an unfair contest - legendaries, anyone? - it’s not even funny. Pokémon win, easily.

User avatar
Rakhalia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 135
Founded: Jul 27, 2022
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Rakhalia » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 am

dont those games literally let you add Literal God to your team, lions get mogged ez
"Legislation is introduced by Parliament, but we should remember that all our advances, freedom and liberties are due to men and women who, when their conscience compelled them, have been prepared to defy the law." - Arthur Scargill
any/all

it honestly bears noting that those who were hesitant towards radical change during epoch-defining moments have generally come off worse in history
pro silliness, anti sincerity

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 154024
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:33 am

Hispida wrote:I used to be on the side of Pokémon. I'll admit it. but hear me out.

There are 905 Pokémon. Each Pokémon can have a maximum of 4 moves, which is a total of around 3260 moves.

If each move has 64 PP, that's only about 238,000 moves, not all of which are damaging. 238,000 is far less than 1 billion.

Also, one billion lions is a lot of lions.

Lions don't have any moves or PP or stats, and there are Pokémon moves that can target all opponents. The lions would all get one shot.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing

no war but class war
He/Him

User avatar
New England and New Wales
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Oct 15, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New England and New Wales » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:36 am

Pokémon, while PP may run out, Earthquake alone could take out most of the lions.
In my accounts I am: RP mod in the 2070 RP Region, ex-Meta Mod of the Democratic Bloc, 1st (and former) President of the GCN, ex-RP owner of Medieval RP, and only Emperor of DA DA DA DAT DA.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I don’t use NS stats.

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 13559
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:43 am

The Pokemon. What is a pile of lions gonna do? Most of the lions will be smothered by other lions. Those that aren't would probably fight each other.

User avatar
The United Penguin Commonwealth
Minister
 
Posts: 2120
Founded: Feb 01, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Penguin Commonwealth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:44 am

pokemon, eas-

Do not take PokéDex entries into account


oh, uhhhh

perish song.

Gengar, Politoed, Mismagius (Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl), and Cursola all start with perish song, which affects all pokemon on the battlefield. let's be generous and suppose that it applies to lions as well. so the strategy might go something like:

> pokemon create protective circle around trainer, who recalls one pokemon. layers (from outermost to innermost) go high attack, support, and high defense.
> other pokemon are sent out as distractions to avoid the lions dog-piling the trainer. ideally ghost-types, as ghost-types are immune to normal-type (which is what I assume lions are) moves. for the sake of the hypothetical, let's assume that they're just very strong against normal-type moves and not actually immune
> perish song time
> after perish song, trainer sends out recalled pokemon, who is not affected by the perish song
> the pokemon wall just needs to survive 4 turns. (idk what a turn would be irl, but I guess you could define it as like 10 seconds or something)
> all lions faint, as does every pokemon but one
> victory
> purchase several hundred healing potions

Alignment: LibLeft
Ideology: Libertarian Social Democracy
8values: results
LeftValues: results
Compass: results
SapplyValues: results
InfValues: results

Heloin wrote:If your faith is hatred towards other people for being born a way then your faith isn’t worth a whole lot.

Kannap wrote:Gotta deny people are born gay because then you have to wrestle with the idea that if people are born gay then its by God's design and, if such, serves a God-given purpose and that doesn't mesh with God believing its a sin.

User avatar
The United Penguin Commonwealth
Minister
 
Posts: 2120
Founded: Feb 01, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Penguin Commonwealth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:48 am

Rakhalia wrote:dont those games literally let you add Literal God to your team, lions get mogged ez


we're assuming the Pokedex entries don't count. outside the Pokedex, Arceus and the other gods are just Pokemon (albeit strong ones).
Last edited by The United Penguin Commonwealth on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alignment: LibLeft
Ideology: Libertarian Social Democracy
8values: results
LeftValues: results
Compass: results
SapplyValues: results
InfValues: results

Heloin wrote:If your faith is hatred towards other people for being born a way then your faith isn’t worth a whole lot.

Kannap wrote:Gotta deny people are born gay because then you have to wrestle with the idea that if people are born gay then its by God's design and, if such, serves a God-given purpose and that doesn't mesh with God believing its a sin.

User avatar
The United Penguin Commonwealth
Minister
 
Posts: 2120
Founded: Feb 01, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Penguin Commonwealth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 am

Le Enclave Reformas wrote:there's a pokemon named amoongus


it's colored like a pokeball, so I guess you could say it's an imposter.

Alignment: LibLeft
Ideology: Libertarian Social Democracy
8values: results
LeftValues: results
Compass: results
SapplyValues: results
InfValues: results

Heloin wrote:If your faith is hatred towards other people for being born a way then your faith isn’t worth a whole lot.

Kannap wrote:Gotta deny people are born gay because then you have to wrestle with the idea that if people are born gay then its by God's design and, if such, serves a God-given purpose and that doesn't mesh with God believing its a sin.

User avatar
Le Enclave Reformas
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Le Enclave Reformas » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 am

The United Penguin Commonwealth wrote:
Le Enclave Reformas wrote:there's a pokemon named amoongus


it's colored like a pokeball, so I guess you could say it's an imposter.

BOM. DING DING DING DING DING DING DING. DING DING DING. BOM BOM. DING DING DING DING DING DING DING. AHAHAHAHAH

User avatar
Necroghastia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7272
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:02 am

The United Penguin Commonwealth wrote:pokemon, eas-

Do not take PokéDex entries into account


oh, uhhhh

perish song.

Gengar, Politoed, Mismagius (Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl), and Cursola all start with perish song, which affects all pokemon on the battlefield. let's be generous and suppose that it applies to lions as well. so the strategy might go something like:

> pokemon create protective circle around trainer, who recalls one pokemon. layers (from outermost to innermost) go high attack, support, and high defense.
> other pokemon are sent out as distractions to avoid the lions dog-piling the trainer. ideally ghost-types, as ghost-types are immune to normal-type (which is what I assume lions are) moves. for the sake of the hypothetical, let's assume that they're just very strong against normal-type moves and not actually immune
> perish song time
> after perish song, trainer sends out recalled pokemon, who is not affected by the perish song
> the pokemon wall just needs to survive 4 turns. (idk what a turn would be irl, but I guess you could define it as like 10 seconds or something)
> all lions faint, as does every pokemon but one
> victory
> purchase several hundred healing potions

You don't even need a trainer to recall a pokemon, since pokemon with the Soundproof ability are unaffected by PS anyway. There's 17 mons that can have it (including the tank that is Bastiodon) so if even one of those can survive long enough, it's GG.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51671
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:11 am

Ignoring lions tend to fight each other….he didn’t exclude the legendaries.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51671
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:14 am

Luna Amore wrote:The Pokemon. What is a pile of lions gonna do? Most of the lions will be smothered by other lions. Those that aren't would probably fight each other.


Silly boy; that’s a gaming standard. Once in the crappy game known as Game of War: Fire age; I was attacked by an army of 1 trillion…….I soon stopped playing after that for various reasons……
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Kanaka Maol
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Jul 09, 2022
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kanaka Maol » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 am

Unless you have like a level 100…muto? (I’m 100% sure I said it wrong) I’m pretty sure the lions will win
The Kingdom of Kanaka Maol, commonly referred to as Hawaii, is a member and founder of The Pacific Alliance or TPA, and is a fledgling, efficient nation, notable for its Clean Oceans, Capitalist Economy, and High Fishing Industry . The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.7 million live in a country that values equal rights for all citizens, and works on building there high economy.
Join The Kanaka Maolian Embassy Today!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=521415

Join the Pacific Alliance Today! Signups Here! https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=520811

Join the International Eco Treaty Today!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=522314

User avatar
Le Enclave Reformas
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Le Enclave Reformas » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:18 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:The Pokemon. What is a pile of lions gonna do? Most of the lions will be smothered by other lions. Those that aren't would probably fight each other.


Silly boy; that’s a gaming standard. Once in the crappy game known as Game of War: Fire age; I was attacked by an army of 1 trillion…….I soon stopped playing after that for various reasons……

bro imagine the gigachad named b u m i losing a game

User avatar
The United Penguin Commonwealth
Minister
 
Posts: 2120
Founded: Feb 01, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Penguin Commonwealth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:33 am

Necroghastia wrote:You don't even need a trainer to recall a pokemon, since pokemon with the Soundproof ability are unaffected by PS anyway.


oh, I misread this part of bulbapedia:
Pokémon with Soundproof are no longer immune to their own moves; consequently, if a Pokémon uses Perish Song, it will now gain a perish count even if it has Soundproof.

for some reason I read that as "Pokemon with Soundproof are no longer immune to Perish Song".

Alignment: LibLeft
Ideology: Libertarian Social Democracy
8values: results
LeftValues: results
Compass: results
SapplyValues: results
InfValues: results

Heloin wrote:If your faith is hatred towards other people for being born a way then your faith isn’t worth a whole lot.

Kannap wrote:Gotta deny people are born gay because then you have to wrestle with the idea that if people are born gay then its by God's design and, if such, serves a God-given purpose and that doesn't mesh with God believing its a sin.

User avatar
Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24748
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Hispida wrote:Also, one billion lions is a lot of lions.[/spoiler]

The rear of the lion army is likely to collapse into cannibalistic infighting before it ever gets into striking range of the Pokémon lines, and to be disrupted by retreating elements that have been wounded or frightened by various ranged attacks.
currently: being destroyed on the lathe of heaven

User avatar
The Holy Therns
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29842
Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 pm

The ones that throw fire and lightning seem like a decent bet.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51671
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Le Enclave Reformas wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Silly boy; that’s a gaming standard. Once in the crappy game known as Game of War: Fire age; I was attacked by an army of 1 trillion…….I soon stopped playing after that for various reasons……

bro imagine the gigachad named b u m i losing a game


Can I have this as a theme song? You have been warned.

https://youtu.be/ctkmxYkfAsY
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The House of Hamid
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Jun 27, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The House of Hamid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:52 pm

1 billion (WTF) against 150 of whatever? Yeah... my bet is on the numbers here.
-ПТН- -ХЛО-
●▬ஜ☪ 1881 - 193∞ ☪ஜ▬●
Yaşasın Azərbaycan Qəhrəmanları!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Legionaries, Perikuresu, Picairn, Shrillland

Advertisement

Remove ads