NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Buildings Per Capital

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kiddian States
Envoy

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Buildings Per Capital

Postby Kiddian States » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:08 am

After a freak storm destroyed much of the government-controlled infrastructure in @@CAPITAL@@, members of your cabinet have taken the opportunity to propose new infrastructure plans in place of the rubble. Your office is becoming so crowded that you’ve decided to narrow down the field and make them go one at a time.

Option 1
Your Minister of Infrastructure cuts to the front of the line and slips you a 20 @@CURRENCY@@ bill. “@@LEADER@@, the people of our fine @@TYPE@@ don’t deserve more boring office buildings! They deserve spectacle! Landmarks! Something that screams @@NAME@@! I’m talking monuments, statues, you name it! I’ll even let you have the majority of the statues…for being such a great leader, of course…”

The only thing carved in stone is @@LEADER@@‘s face

Option 2
Your Minister of War shoves him out of the way. “No, no, we don’t need more useless pieces of ‘national pride’! We need to make sure our capital will never be taken! We need to fortify the place with some AA guns over there, and walls with 24/7 guarded gates all over the place! Those damn Bigtopians will never invade us now!” He hands you a document titled Fort @@CAPITAL@@

@@DEMONYMPLURALNOUN@@ wishing to travel to @@CAPITAL@@ must first go through 3 background checks, 15 metal detectors, and relinquish all holdings in Bigtopia

Option 3
Your Minister of Business speaks up from behind the Minister of War, who is shaking in delight. “Why do we need this land anyways? It’s going to be so expensive to repair, all at the taxpayers expense. Besides, the economy needs a boost anyways. Imagine, ‘@@CAPITAL@@, the City of Business’. Stores as far as you can see. Isn’t it beautiful?”

In @@CAPITAL@@, minimum wage retail employees outnumber government employees 150-1

Invalid for all nations without free markets

Option 4
The leader of @@RELIGION@@ quiets the room by slamming his cane on the ground. “SILENCE! This storm was a sign from The Great One that our government is not being appreciative enough of Him. We must repay our sins by building churches, temples, and shrines where those government buildings once stood.” He looks you directly in the eye. “Lest He wipe us all out in a great flood.”

@@DEMONYMPLURALNOUN@@ struggle to find the post office among @@RELIGION@@‘s temples

Invalid for all nations without a separation between church and state

Option 5
The Minister of Parks and Rec takes a sip from her water bottle before nudging him out of the way. “Why do we need more buildings at all? How about we plant a forest and have a nice park. It’ll be a good way for @@DEMONYMPLURALNOUN@@ to get outside, and besides, it’d be a great new home for the struggling @@ANIMAL@@ population!”

Bureaucrats aren’t out of the woods yet
Last edited by Kiddian States on Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————
Join Suns Reach! A fun community with quality roleplaying!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:08 pm

Effect for option 3- Um, yea? Why is that special or unique?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:50 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Effect for option 3- Um, yea? Why is that special or unique?

Eh, depends on the city and nation in question
I might bump that number up
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:17 pm

Kiddian States wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Effect for option 3- Um, yea? Why is that special or unique?

Eh, depends on the city and nation in question
I might bump that number up

Even then. In cities such as Athens, or Rome, or London, it could be like 500x more people who work for the private sector rather than government. Or perhaps even more. It could even be like 1500x or more, and which point, any number higher than that becomes irrelevant
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Kiddian States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiddian States » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 am

Bump
-Kiddian
Flag Designer
Pop Culture Connoisseur
————————————————————

Return to Got Issues?