NATION

PASSWORD

DITCHED: The Cars are back

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

DITCHED: The Cars are back

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:00 am

I need a better title

[title] The cars are back

[desc] With the number of back alley mechanics and other unprofessional car repairs on the rise, pundits are worried about the safety and roadworthiness of cars on the nation's roads

[validity] must allow cars, capitalist

[option] "These back alley mechanics are cutting into my busin..." Complains certified mechanic @@RANDOMNAME@@ "I mean, these back alley mechanics are conducting unsafe repairs! Last night, I saw someone drive out of a "car repair" shop in someone's backyard with blue-tac and super glue on the muffler! That's not safe! We need stricter laws ensuring all car repairs and maintenance are carried out by licenced mechanics, and anyone with a car defect must have it cleared by a licenced mechanic!"
[effect] it’s illegal to conduct an oil change unless you're a licenced mechanic

[option] "What's the problem, coz?" asks Bhuk Ali, the owner of a backyard business "Supreme Car Repairs" "I fix cars good, coz! Don't believe me? Just ask my customers coz! I got like 50 five star reviews!" He hands you a gear box. "See coz? Only the best parts!”
[effect] after petrol duct tape is the second largest expense amongst the nation's motorists

[option] "Well if you ask me, cars shouldn't be allowed to have repairs performed on them in the first place." Suggest heiress @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, who's known for being out of touch with reality. "If you ask me, any time an automobile receives any damage, it should be replaced with a new one. After all, any automobile without the original part is not as safe as those with original parts!"
[effect] a burnt-out tail light bulb is enough to write off a car
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm

Why doesn't anybody want to comment on my drafts? :(
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Why doesn't anybody want to comment on my drafts? :(

...its been a day, relax.

Edit: Grammatical error fix:
who's known for being out of touch with reality.
Last edited by Untecna on Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Untecna wrote:

...its been a day, relax.

Edit: Grammatical error fix:
who's known for being out of touch with reality.

Not just this one. Others too. Thanks, I'll fix that error

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:58 am

Honestly, it is tough to allocate my limited time to comments. It is usually easier to comment on an issue which has good writing but has few issues compared to an issue which has a lot of problems.

You've got eighteen published issues and you haven't thought of a title or run your issue through a grammar checker. As for the issue itself:

Description -- Kind of boring. Why not start with an accident caused by these shoddy mechanics instead?

First option -- a lot of redundancy, especially the last sentence, needs characterisation

Second option -- I understand what you're going for but literally everyone outside of Australia won't understand the parody and the effect line requires a comma which as you well know is not allowed in the effect line

Third option -- Usually third options have some kind creative solution which has some kind of logic, even if it's twisted. Here there is no logic. No person in the world buys a new car when their old one receives any damage.

Aussie, you need to focus on quality rather than quantity of issues. You've got to exercise some judgement and really up your writing game. There's no excuses with how many issues you've written.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:01 am

Electrum wrote:

Honestly, it is tough to allocate my limited time to comments. It is usually easier to comment on an issue which has good writing but has few issues compared to an issue which has a lot of problems.

You've got eighteen published issues and you haven't thought of a title or run your issue through a grammar checker. As for the issue itself:

Description -- Kind of boring. Why not start with an accident caused by these shoddy mechanics instead?

First option -- a lot of redundancy, especially the last sentence, needs characterisation

Second option -- I understand what you're going for but literally everyone outside of Australia won't understand the parody and the effect line requires a comma which as you well know is not allowed in the effect line

Third option -- Usually third options have some kind creative solution which has some kind of logic, even if it's twisted. Here there is no logic. No person in the world buys a new car when their old one receives any damage.

Aussie, you need to focus on quality rather than quantity of issues. You've got to exercise some judgement and really up your writing game. There's no excuses with how many issues you've written.

Thanks!!!

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:02 am

For the second option, I'd suggest removing the petrol part and just saying 'duct tape is...'
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?