NATION

PASSWORD

Military Academy Student Exchange (IC/MT/Invite-only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:18 am

OOC: I recommend patience. I understand you want to focus on instructing cadets and running the show. Again. Patience. For example I need to write the rest of the night, even if I time skip. I will not write a two sentence post and wash away the entire night. Detail rules the day. So instead of writing just to skip to the next thing, I recommend focusing on adding as many details as possible. We agreed to get through at least one day here and then get to the arrival of my cadets. Let me write and we will get to the next step when we do. Don’t just rush to get this done, or especially not just to get up to running the show. I’m already writing fairly terse, less detailed posts than usual because posting doesn’t have to be drawn out for something so simple and informal. But the entire point is still worldbuilding and storytelling.. Not just rushing through writing like some kind of game.

IC:

The sports were just a time for them to interact. Nobody was really keeping track, except for maybe the cadets themselves. They deserved time to relax after a fairly long day. The goal was building teamwork, more than trying to force some kind of tough atmosphere on the cadets. This was not basic training. From what the Blagorussian officers saw, many of the cadets had a lot to learn. They seemed to be here in a rush to compete and win, when they really needed to learn to rely on each other and help their team succeed. One of the major tenants of Blue Soviet soldiership is ‘selfless service’. Units fail when soldiers make their comrades competitors. This would be instructed to the cadets during day two of classes, as the cadre decided in their evening meeting.

As the night wore on and the cadets finished their last formation, the Soviet cadets continued along their flight. Some of them became rowdy, feeling free away from a fairly oppressive government. They shouted to each other and joked. Flying was rare for such young people.

The Bosnian cadets in Blagorgansk went to sleep early, with a shift of firewatch guard rotating between the cadets. Two cadets would be up every hour just to guard the general area. It was also meant to build discipline.

The Soviet flight would not arrive to Trad Bosnia until late in the morning. Yay then their counterparts would have already exercised. When the plane touched down, the Bosnians would be at a machine gun range. The Soviets already had a system of cadet ranks, with senior ones already forming their associates into formation. They stood in rows and columns waiting for the Bosnian cadre.
Glorious Home of the Blue Soviets
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:15 am

Blagorgansk wrote:OOC: I recommend patience. I understand you want to focus on instructing cadets and running the show. Again. Patience. For example I need to write the rest of the night, even if I time skip. I will not write a two sentence post and wash away the entire night. Detail rules the day. So instead of writing just to skip to the next thing, I recommend focusing on adding as many details as possible. We agreed to get through at least one day here and then get to the arrival of my cadets. Let me write and we will get to the next step when we do. Don’t just rush to get this done, or especially not just to get up to running the show. I’m already writing fairly terse, less detailed posts than usual because posting doesn’t have to be drawn out for something so simple and informal. But the entire point is still worldbuilding and storytelling.. Not just rushing through writing like some kind of game.

IC:

The sports were just a time for them to interact. Nobody was really keeping track, except for maybe the cadets themselves. They deserved time to relax after a fairly long day. The goal was building teamwork, more than trying to force some kind of tough atmosphere on the cadets. This was not basic training. From what the Blagorussian officers saw, many of the cadets had a lot to learn. They seemed to be here in a rush to compete and win, when they really needed to learn to rely on each other and help their team succeed. One of the major tenants of Blue Soviet soldiership is ‘selfless service’. Units fail when soldiers make their comrades competitors. This would be instructed to the cadets during day two of classes, as the cadre decided in their evening meeting.

As the night wore on and the cadets finished their last formation, the Soviet cadets continued along their flight. Some of them became rowdy, feeling free away from a fairly oppressive government. They shouted to each other and joked. Flying was rare for such young people.

The Bosnian cadets in Blagorgansk went to sleep early, with a shift of firewatch guard rotating between the cadets. Two cadets would be up every hour just to guard the general area. It was also meant to build discipline.

The Soviet flight would not arrive to Trad Bosnia until late in the morning. Yay then their counterparts would have already exercised. When the plane touched down, the Bosnians would be at a machine gun range. The Soviets already had a system of cadet ranks, with senior ones already forming their associates into formation. They stood in rows and columns waiting for the Bosnian cadre.

IC: The Bosnian officer training cadre, composed of physically fit but relatively older men and women in extremely neat dress uniforms and wearing pristinely shined boots greet them.
"As-Salaam alaykum" they say. The academy is 67,770 square feet and is modelled on the beautiful and, when it was used for military purposes, highly secure
Tešanj castle.
(see: https://imgur.com/a/MsEePiQ).
The leader of the cadre goes up to four cadets
(two women, an older man and young man) and asks them:
1. Why they want to be a military officer
2. What their first impressions are of the country?
and 3. How they feel about studying here.

Depending on their answers, they may be chosen to lead squads in a competition.
Last edited by Trad Bosnia on Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Previous

Return to NationStates