NATION

PASSWORD

Simmering Pot - OPF Helios [MT, OOC, MATURE, SIGNUPS]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Alfordshire
Attaché

Founded: Feb 16, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Simmering Pot - OPF Helios [MT, OOC, MATURE, SIGNUPS]

Postby Alfordshire » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:31 am

THE NORTHERN FIRES

1/3 RPs IN THE SIMMERING POT SERIES

Introduction
Over 5,000 people would die in the single deadliest hour in Alfordshirian History.

The Tehonian Freedom Organization would place multiple bombs at public venues - all designed to cause as much death as possible. Over 7,000 people would be wounded, 5,000 would die. Around 1,300 children would be included in overall count.

While the TFO had the common decency to avoid schools and nursery homes, the TFO was not above attacking major concentrations of innocent civilians. Multiple malls, convention centers and government buildings were targeted; in a bid to make as much terror as possible.

With the sceptre of Martial law now being considered for the Province of Tehonia, the Tehonian people are preparing for the worst - possible martial law and all-out civil war.

Operation Helios is the first step in bringing down the TFO. Being the first time that Alfordshirian Military force will be used to crack down on a internal group, any missteps or mistakes could result in disastrous consequences. AIA agents will be used to penetrate the group in its entirety, then cause an internal collapse or be used to arrest the leader of the TFO.

Alfordshire is willing to accept aid to achieve the objectives of OPF Helios.

The people of Alfordshire are confused and scared. Only time will tell if the Nation will survive these tumultuous times.

Background

The Province of Tehonia has a long and storied history.

What is relevant for the purposes of this RP is relatively short.

Tehonia was annexed by Alfordshire after the Northern Annexation war - a long and brutal war which resulted in thousands of deaths on both sides. The long standing ethnic tensions between both sides would cool over the decades, although the sceptre of the violent takeover and following repression of the once independent Tehonia have resulted in the radicalization of a few Tehonians.

Although Tehonia is now a integrated part of Alfordshire with the rights of any other province and the rights of man held sacrosanct, the Alfordshirian Government has ignored petitions from Alfordshirians and Tehonians alike to acknowledge the mistakes of the Annexation War. This has resulted in the increasing radicalization of Tehonians and groups such as the TFO have been gaining a foothold among the new generations.

Tehonia has been acknowledged as a simmering pot - the probable cost of a civil war.

The Simmering Pot - Tehonia

Tehonia is one of the 23 Provinces of Alfordshire, and is known for its rich history.

Tehonia is home to 3 major cities, and H-2 cuts through the peaceful Tehonian countryside to provide ease of transport for Tehonia. The Provincial Capital of Tecfen is home to the majestic Helwan Gates, which are considered major relics in the religion of Havan. Tecfen is home to 3.2 million people, and is generally considered one of the best cities within Alfordshire.

The City of Ulak is home to 1.2 million people. Ulak is a bustling commercial center and is home to the Alfordshirian Stock Exchange and many different companies. The Ulaki convention center is the biggest convention center within Alfordshire, and hosts a variety of events.

Godenville is home to 900,000 people. Famed for the almost ubiquitous Neelan sausage, Godenville is considered the home of the unique Tehonian Cuisine and Pocker Hill Shipbuilding.

Tehonia is home to natural vistas ranging from rivers to rock formations. The Gemader river wades through Tehonia, and is considered as the origin point of Tehonian Culture. The Feodric National Park is home to hot-springs and awe-inspiring rock formations which bring thousands of tourists to Tehonia.

With a total population of 5 million people, Tehonia is one of the more rural Provinces within Alfordshire.

Factions

Alfordshire

The rulers of Tehonia. A representative democracy that aims to provide rights for all - but failed during the first few years of its existence.

Tehonian Freedom Organization

The Tehonian Freedom Organization is the product of the original Alfordshirian Occupation of Tehonia. Despite the fact that Tehonia is now a fully functioning democratic state, the TFO is the result of the years of Alfordshirian denial of the brutal occupation period. The TFO is relatively fringe, but time will show if that changes.

While the TFO does have a admirable objective, the methods used to achieve that objective are undesirable at best and brutal at worst. However, the Alfordshirian Government has not acknowledged the brutal occupation period; and violence might be the only way Alfordshire acknowledges the occupation.

Notes

Alright, some notes. If you frequent the RP think-tank, you may have noticed that I am currently setting up a civil disorder RP. This is the direct prequel to that RP and aims to set up a believable background to the upcoming RP.

This is the first RP in the series of 3. The 2nd RP is the one mentioned above, while the 3rd RP is dependent on the actions of the RP'ers in the 1st and 2nd RPs.

Theres more nuance to this than democracy vs evil terrorists. Read the history section and take your picks - remember that Alfordshire is not innocent.

Rules

1. No Godmodding - Self explanatory. no I KILL ALL TFO INSTALY!!11!!11
2. No one-liners - Posts must be of sufficent quality. At least a paragraph, although spiels consisting of show-don't tell RPing is heavily preferred.
3. Max of 50 men - You're deploying intelligence personnel. Not a full army; Alfordshire does that.
4. Logistics - Hurray, you just sent a weapons shipment to TFO! Make sure to RP it being delivered and please provide opportunities for said shipment to be intercepted.
5. Be mature - This RP will delve into terrorist attacks and other such undesirable things. Be mature while dealing with these highly sensitive topics.
Rule Acknowledgement - tehonianfreedomfront

Applications

Character

Used for characters. Although organizations might be more exciting, characters have their own charm. Characters are able to join factions and explore Tehonia, or participate in events within Tehonia such as protests or terrorist attacks.

Code: Select all
[size=125]CHARACTER APPLICATION[/size]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Physical traits and/or picture[/b] [/spoiler=INSERT PICTURE HERE][/spoiler]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Age[/b]

[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]

[b]RP Example:[/b]

Organization

Organizations are able to offer formal assistance to the Alfordshirian Genamdermie and Military in achieving their objectives, or send covert aid to TFO.

[size=125]ORGANIZATION APPLICATION[/size]

[b]Origination Name:[/b]
[b]Side Supporting:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Assets Deployed:[/b]
[b]Reason for intervention:[/b]

[b]RP Example:[/b]
Last edited by Alfordshire on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
A All-Tech nation with a perpetual writers block.
simmering pot soon tm

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Soveiniesberg » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:15 pm

ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name: SSAA
Side Supporting: Alfordshire
Description: The Soveinian section of the SAA, used in regional conflicts where a private military contractor may be needed.
Brief History: [REDACTED]

Assets Deployed: 12 PMC personnel
Reason for intervention: "Keeping the stability of stable nations"

RP Example: this lol

OOC: help i'm inserting businesses from some text rp thing i made help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa also the SSAA will kinda be a mysterious organization in this rp if that's fine
Russo-Germanic city-state near the Ural mountains in Russia. Half anomalo-tech, half PMT.
a bit of info
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

the final day
They be spottin' me with infa-red
Jzarovich News at Noon | Anonymous firefighter on last night's mysterious Air Force Base fire; "It's a long way to Frauksdriech, that stuff burned quickly." | Head of Soveinian Department of Education found passed out from alcohol consumption on the front steps of his house | Tunisian druglord found decapitated outside possible Soveinian Mafia-owned business

Seorabeol Federation
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:38 pm

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Name: Sung Joohee
Physical traits and/or picture https://i.imgur.com/IkiVj1g.jpg]
Bio: She is an agent who worked for the FSS(Federal Security Service) for seven years. Her career is not long, but she has achieved outstanding results in several covert operations, leading to the field commander position.
Age 35

Role: field commander of FSS dispatch team
Faction: Alfordshire

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=519995&start=25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name: FSS(Federal Security Service) Foreign Intelligence Team Action Unit 12
Description: The FSS is a Seorabeol Federation’s intelligence agency, and the Foreign Intelligence Team Action Unit 12 is one of the FSS's numerous action units sent abroad.
Brief History:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=seo ... id=1715059

Assets Deployed: 20 Agent
Reason for intervention: support for the alliance

RP Example:
Last edited by Seorabeol Federation on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: call me 'Seora', or 'SRF'.
SBC: brief news
Preparing.

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:11 am

Soveiniesberg wrote:ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name: SSAA
Description: The Soveinian section of the SAA, used in regional conflicts where a private military contractor may be needed.
Brief History: [REDACTED]

Assets Deployed: 12 PMC personnel
Reason for intervention: "Keeping the stability of stable nations"

RP Example: this lol

OOC: help i'm inserting businesses from some text rp thing i made help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa also the SSAA will kinda be a mysterious organization in this rp if that's fine

Accepted. IC is coming out soon.
simmering pot soon tm

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:12 am

Seorabeol Federation wrote:CHARACTER APPLICATION

Name: Sung Joohee
Physical traits and/or picture https://i.imgur.com/IkiVj1g.jpg]
Bio: She is an agent who worked for the FSS(Federal Security Service) for seven years. Her career is not long, but she has achieved outstanding results in several covert operations, leading to the field commander position.
Age 35

Role: field commander of FSS dispatch team
Faction: Alfordshire

RP Example:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name: FSS(Federal Security Service) Foreign Intelligence Team Action Unit 12
Description: The FSS is a Seorabeol Federation’s intelligence agency, and the Foreign Intelligence Team Action Unit 12 is one of the FSS's numerous action units sent abroad.
Brief History:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=seo ... id=1715059

Assets Deployed: 20 Agent
Reason for intervention: support for the alliance

RP Example:

Accepted
simmering pot soon tm

Charoskania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Charoskania » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 am

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Name: Holenz Jimenez
Physical traits and/or picture A little stout, sharp brown eyes, black hair. Legs on the shorter side, torso makes up majority of height.
Bio: Intelligence agent working for the Charoin Ministry of Internal Security. Has about 6 years of experience, and helped the government during the Charoin Civil War.
Age 42

Role: Head of an Intelligence team sent to Alfordshire to assist the government.
Faction: Alfodshire

RP Example: First time using it
This is a Message from the Monarch Queen Anne Solovia Brachton Maniar

A Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
Latest News: Charoskania withdraws from the IHC and founds the ACO|Government announces threat of nuclear war|Royal Family hurried to National Vault

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:43 am

Charoskania wrote:CHARACTER APPLICATION

Name: Holenz Jimenez
Physical traits and/or picture A little stout, sharp brown eyes, black hair. Legs on the shorter side, torso makes up majority of height.
Bio: Intelligence agent working for the Charoin Ministry of Internal Security. Has about 6 years of experience, and helped the government during the Charoin Civil War.
Age 42

Role: Head of an Intelligence team sent to Alfordshire to assist the government.
Faction: Alfodshire

RP Example: First time using it

Accepted due to post history.
simmering pot soon tm

Laka Strolistandiler
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:30 am

ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name:Imperial Revenue Service/IRS
Description: One of the few all-imperial state-controlled organizations, IRS is responsible for taxing the many population and organizations flourishing or barely surviving in The Empire on which the moon never sets. Due to often having to forfeit assets through “questionable” ways as well as having to resort to their own means, they are amongst the most feared intelligence agencies all across the empire, mainly due to their absurdly extensive authority and rathef liberal use of lethal force, even by local means.
Brief History: Originally being mere tax collectors to the royal court, back in the medieval days, the House of Waylord, is amongst world’s oldest tax organizations, and most certainly world’s most heavily armed ones. Pursuing taxation violators across Laka and, weirdly enough, even into other countries, they are essentially the country’s most powerful intelligence agency.

Assets Deployed:
3 operatives
Reason for intervention: TFO violated some Lakan taxation law, violated it badly and now they’re after ‘em

Character app later today

RP Example:
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic monarchy with elements of aristocracy which is militaristic to the point of suicidal. Nuclear armed ready to use this weapon on any agressor or itself to prevent capture. Ruled over by a combination of medieval-ish thinking of workers and peasants and incredibly hierarchical society. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Quote of the day:They forced the life on me. I do not want to live. My life brings happiness to no one
Pronouns up to your choice but I’d prefer to be referred to as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:22 am

Mmm. Just a few questions.

1. Why is the IRS going after a foreign organization? Aren't Lakan tax laws restricted to Laka?

2. Does it have to be a tax agency? I'm sure your country has dedicated intelligence units, why aren't those being used?
simmering pot soon tm

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:54 am

A few questions, if I may.

1. What exactly is the TFO's objective other than 'independence'? Does TFO have any kind of vision for what future independent Tehonia is going to be like?
2. What are the principal activities funding the TFO?
3. Would it be possible to organize a counter-intelligence effort which would be coordinated with the highest echelons of the Alfordshirre government to try and infiltrate the TFO or supply them with items such as, say, sabotaged weapons that explode in their hands or 'secure' communications devices that report to the Alfordshire government?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:08 am

Allanea wrote:A few questions, if I may.

1. What exactly is the TFO's objective other than 'independence'? Does TFO have any kind of vision for what future independent Tehonia is going to be like?
2. What are the principal activities funding the TFO?
3. Would it be possible to organize a counter-intelligence effort which would be coordinated with the highest echelons of the Alfordshirre government to try and infiltrate the TFO or supply them with items such as, say, sabotaged weapons that explode in their hands or 'secure' communications devices that report to the Alfordshire government?

1. The TFO believes in a resumption of the pre-annexation Government - which would be a Monarchy. Years of radicalization have caused the TFO to focus more on kicking the Alfordshirians out, with a the plans for the future being a very hazy transitionary period and a eventual restoration of the Tehonian Monarchy. The future plans for the TFO are to be fleshed out during this RP - which is why the TFOs objectives are relatively hazy and unspecific as of right now - and to allow for small nudges by the RP'ers intelligence agencies.

2. Sympathetic Tehonians and a few rich businessmen. The TFO secures most funds from a cabal of businessmen and a few mayors, and the current state of gun rights within Alfordshire allow the TFO to buy weapons with relative ease - and the draconian actions taken to control the TFOs access to these resources will be a major plot point.

3. Yes, it would be possible; but could be relatively difficult as the TFO has access to a variety of gun-stores.
simmering pot soon tm

Laka Strolistandiler
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:41 am

Alfordshire wrote:Mmm. Just a few questions.

1. Why is the IRS going after a foreign organization? Aren't Lakan tax laws restricted to Laka?

2. Does it have to be a tax agency? I'm sure your country has dedicated intelligence units, why aren't those being used?

1) I could justify this by having them purchase some explosives over in one of Lakan colonies and then failing to pay taxes. As outlined in the post they will stop at nothing to tax people because they do.

2) Because absurdity of a taxation agency being feared more than the army intelligence service. But I guess you’re going for a serious RP here so I guess I’ll change the app to the naval intelligence bureau
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic monarchy with elements of aristocracy which is militaristic to the point of suicidal. Nuclear armed ready to use this weapon on any agressor or itself to prevent capture. Ruled over by a combination of medieval-ish thinking of workers and peasants and incredibly hierarchical society. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Quote of the day:They forced the life on me. I do not want to live. My life brings happiness to no one
Pronouns up to your choice but I’d prefer to be referred to as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:26 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:
Alfordshire wrote:Mmm. Just a few questions.

1) I could justify this by having them purchase some explosives over in one of Lakan colonies and then failing to pay taxes. As outlined in the post they will stop at nothing to tax people because they do.

2) Because absurdity of a taxation agency being feared more than the army intelligence service. But I guess you’re going for a serious RP here so I guess I’ll change the app to the naval intelligence bureau

Please change it if possible.
simmering pot soon tm

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:09 pm

IC releasing in two days.
simmering pot soon tm

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:25 am

Small delay - IC should be out within the week.
simmering pot soon tm

Yitanka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Yitanka » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:57 am

ORGANIZATION APPLICATION

Origination Name: The KAW or KoAnWi (Koko Anzenhausyau Wiwenkwai, "National Security Committee")
Side Supporting: TFO
Description: The Yitankan version of the KGB, reestablished after the Shiwen Revolution and the return of the Soviet-style government. They handle internal security, foreign intelligence, counter-intelligence, and secret police functions for the Yitankan SSR.
Brief History: With the KGB in Yitanka disbanded in the wake of the dissolution of the USSR, a new intelligence agency was needed. The transitory Yitankan Republic failed to establish a successor organization, thus in the aftermath of the Shiwen Revolution a new National Security Committee was established in the style of the old KGB but wholly independent from it and uniquely Yitankan.

Assets Deployed: 4 agents
Reason for intervention:
Public: To defend the rights of oppressed peoples, counter Western imperialism, and restore peace and security to the region.

Private: To establish a Soviet (or at least sympathetic) puppet state by influencing TFO politics and expand Yitanka's sphere of influence.

RP Example: (None on this account, but I can provide evidence that I was Gongsi and was involved in the Insaani-Italian War of Independence a year ago when I was active.

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Name: Mai Gyuutau
Physical traits and/or picture
Bio: An agent of the KoAnWi with 4 years experience in internal affairs.

Role: Lead agent for current operations in Tehonia.
Faction: TFO

RP Example: (See above application)

Hopefully it's not too late to apply. Someone's gotta influence help the TFO!
Last edited by Yitanka on Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- ☭ Former Soviet state that failed to recover after the dissolution of the USSR and has returned to Marxism-Leninism -

Yitankan National Information Service
YNIS: Civilian freighter MS Safugyuu explodes after being fired on by Nihonjanese frigate, none of the 26 crew has survived. | Yitanka leaves TPA after founder Kingdom of Hawaii's ties with GENA successor exposed. | Rumors of health issues dismissed by committee of doctors, confirm Chairman Taihau is "exceedingly healthy". | Chairman Taihau continues to call on nations to contain Russian aggression.

Alfordshire
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alfordshire » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:59 pm

Accepted. Please be advised that I am currently fighting through a nasty case of writers block; IC should be out soon.
simmering pot soon tm

Yitanka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Yitanka » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Alfordshire wrote:Accepted. Please be advised that I am currently fighting through a nasty case of writers block; IC should be out soon.

No worries! I just came out of my own massive writer's block today, it's understandable.
- ☭ Former Soviet state that failed to recover after the dissolution of the USSR and has returned to Marxism-Leninism -

Yitankan National Information Service
YNIS: Civilian freighter MS Safugyuu explodes after being fired on by Nihonjanese frigate, none of the 26 crew has survived. | Yitanka leaves TPA after founder Kingdom of Hawaii's ties with GENA successor exposed. | Rumors of health issues dismissed by committee of doctors, confirm Chairman Taihau is "exceedingly healthy". | Chairman Taihau continues to call on nations to contain Russian aggression.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents