NATION

PASSWORD

The GA/WA For and By the Common Man

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

The GA/WA For and By the Common Man

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:37 pm

Recently I have gotten some criticism for the proposals that I have rapidly been putting out in the GA. However, as far as I can tell they are not illegal, and should not be illegal. Some critics said that they were "undrafted". Apparently, when putting stuff in the GA, it is the unofficial rule that you are supposed to have a group of elite, established WA bureaucrats review your proposals, and make them fit with their preordained worldview. The WA and its resolutions are headed in one direction and one direction only, and that is the way that they want it too. Well let us fight back. I am not content to let the WA be increasingly radicalized and increasingly distant from a large community of NS players. I already know many people are anti-WA, because the policies of the WA are blatantly at war with their values. They say thay the system is too hard to change, so just opt out. Well, I say no to that. We will fight back, and change the norms expected with the WA. Don't do anything illegal, of course, but make your voice heard. You do not have to go through their proper "forum drafting" where your proposal is subjected to policy changes based on their opinions. The WA shall be an organization for and by the people, where no opinions are deemed "phobic" and suppressed. Let this now be a golden age for the WA!

User avatar
Untecna
Senator
 
Posts: 4036
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Untecna » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:41 pm

Its not a rule so much as it is an expectation based on the past. Undrafted proposals are often illegal or poorly written, and drafting periods provide you useful and constructive (albeit sometimes blunt) feedback on what you can do to improve and get it to vote.
Last edited by Untecna on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Californian

Dragon with internet access

Unironically still in NSG discussions, now turned to slight shitposting to make it fun for everyone else me and me only.

I'm queer

Heloin's, perhaps, unwanted accountant

Don't use my old posts to judge me, I was cringe af

Naan Violence, y'all.

Political Beliefs
TL;DR: I'm a democratic socialist. Surprise Surprise, I don't support genocide or violence.

Go 49rs

Untecna wrote:No, and you can talk to my dragon lawyers if you dragon want me to dragon shut up.

Hemakral wrote:damn bro that wall so thick kool-aid man couldn't bust through

[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Senator
 
Posts: 3567
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:43 pm

Either conform to the guidelines that have been established, or don't take part. Whine somewhere else please.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

User avatar
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10790
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:46 pm

Of the five proposals you have put up in recent days:

Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms" hasn't been marked legal or illegal yet (and I support it in principle, provided it and GA#499 are replaced by a resolution which forbids forced abortion while allowing all other forms of abortion - which I'm not seeing here).
Repeal "Access To Euthanasia Services" is legal (and I support it).
Banning Prostitution is likely legal (my fault!) but I wouldn't support the WA banning or legalising it everywhere.
Super Straight Month isn't legal or illegal but Article 3 could/would bankrupt member states. (ANY amount of funding?)
Commend Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is legal but I don't support it.

Your proposals may be poorly argued, but they are mostly - if not entirely - legal anyway.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; possibly very controversial; *author of the most popular WA resolution ever
Who am I, really? 46yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing much

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22117
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:56 pm

US of-A wrote:it is the unofficial rule that you are supposed to have a group of elite, established WA bureaucrats review your proposals, and make them fit with their preordained worldview.

Yes. Your review is scheduled for Wednesdat at 3:00. Please remember to wear hard sole shoes and eye protection.
I want to improve.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1418
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Attempted Socialism » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:02 pm

I'm guessing that you have had a few of your resolutions marked as "illegal", based on your withdrawn resolutions and your post here. Legality is determined by the rules as written. Apart from contradiction (Which requires substantial knowledge of previously passed resolutions) and honest mistake (Which is unfortunately named) they're easy to follow. I don't think it is a good sign that you're already failing to clear the lowest bar, that of mere legality.
Your garbage resolutions are terrible on their own, though, so I am sure you'll have a grand time railing against some WA elite for all your resolutions failing when in reality, it's because you think for 5 second, write a shitty, bad-policy, unpopular, resolution, submit it, and then edit it or not based on whether it is marked illegal by the GenSec, and then your resolution never garners support from anyone except a few dead-end reactionaries without even the slightest sense of quality. If you want to avoid this fate, draft your resolutions here for at least 2-4 weeks and listen to feedback meanwhile. If you want to embrace this fate, all the best of luck.


Represented in the World Assembly by Ambassador Robert Mortimer Pride, called The Regicide
Assume OOC unless otherwise indicated.
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?Who am I in real life, my opinions and notes

User avatar
Hulldom
Diplomat
 
Posts: 959
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hulldom » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:13 pm

To wit: I know and am friends with quite a few anti-GAers. Their reasons for opposition have nothing to do with holding certain (distasteful, in this openly aromantic and asexual player’s opinion) views on the LGBTQ+ community or on reproductive freedoms. (I would be genuinely gobsmacked if any of them were social conservatives at all to be quite honest.)

The main reason I know people to oppose the GA is because of a view that the GA should butt out of, well, most everything and certainly derogate policy prerogatives back to member states. And their reasoning for doing so ranges from personal preference to a genuine desire to have minimal effects on their stats while still retaining the security benefits their receiving endorsements provides to their home region.

I disagree with their views (quite vehemently actually), but it has nothing to with desiring a GA “where no opinions are deemed ‘phobic’ and suppressed.”
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
TNP Minister of Foreign Affairs

’Cause when you’re dreaming, you see for miles and miles…

User avatar
Princess Rainbow Sparkles
Envoy
 
Posts: 330
Founded: Nov 08, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Princess Rainbow Sparkles » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:43 pm

US of-A wrote:Recently I have gotten some criticism for the proposals that I have rapidly been putting out in the GA. However, as far as I can tell they are not illegal, and should not be illegal. Some critics said that they were "undrafted". Apparently, when putting stuff in the GA, it is the unofficial rule that you are supposed to have a group of elite, established WA bureaucrats review your proposals, and make them fit with their preordained worldview. The WA and its resolutions are headed in one direction and one direction only, and that is the way that they want it too. Well let us fight back. I am not content to let the WA be increasingly radicalized and increasingly distant from a large community of NS players. I already know many people are anti-WA, because the policies of the WA are blatantly at war with their values. They say thay the system is too hard to change, so just opt out. Well, I say no to that. We will fight back, and change the norms expected with the WA. Don't do anything illegal, of course, but make your voice heard. You do not have to go through their proper "forum drafting" where your proposal is subjected to policy changes based on their opinions. The WA shall be an organization for and by the people, where no opinions are deemed "phobic" and suppressed. Let this now be a golden age for the WA!

First, there’s no rule or requirement that a proposal be drafted in the GA forum. It’s just good and sound practice.

Second, posting here makes the proposal more democratic, not less. It gives other people the chance to comment, debate finer points, and request changes. Making laws without an open invitation for input from others is more like what a tyrant would want than what “the people” would want.

Finally, posting here might help you draft something people would actually support. There are generally only two kinds of authors who can successfully pass GA resolutions without drafting help: the rare brilliant writer and the extremely experienced WA writer.

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:12 pm

Well okay, I guess I did go on a bit of a rant, and didn't expect so many people to reply. But I guess my main problem, if I have to simplify it down, is that people say my proposals are terrible because they are too simplistic (they haven't used that word, but I assume that is what they are trying to say). Why not be simplistic? That is what I mean when I say "for and by the comman man". It does not have to be overly complex, bureaucratic language.

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
US of-A wrote:it is the unofficial rule that you are supposed to have a group of elite, established WA bureaucrats review your proposals, and make them fit with their preordained worldview.

Yes. Your review is scheduled for Wednesdat at 3:00. Please remember to wear hard sole shoes and eye protection.

Very funny. :)

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Attempted Socialism wrote:I'm guessing that you have had a few of your resolutions marked as "illegal", based on your withdrawn resolutions and your post here. Legality is determined by the rules as written. Apart from contradiction (Which requires substantial knowledge of previously passed resolutions) and honest mistake (Which is unfortunately named) they're easy to follow. I don't think it is a good sign that you're already failing to clear the lowest bar, that of mere legality.
Your garbage resolutions are terrible on their own, though, so I am sure you'll have a grand time railing against some WA elite for all your resolutions failing when in reality, it's because you think for 5 second, write a shitty, bad-policy, unpopular, resolution, submit it, and then edit it or not based on whether it is marked illegal by the GenSec, and then your resolution never garners support from anyone except a few dead-end reactionaries without even the slightest sense of quality. If you want to avoid this fate, draft your resolutions here for at least 2-4 weeks and listen to feedback meanwhile. If you want to embrace this fate, all the best of luck.

Please don't cuss.

User avatar
Untecna
Senator
 
Posts: 4036
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Untecna » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:15 pm

US of-A wrote:Well okay, I guess I did go on a bit of a rant, and didn't expect so many people to reply. But I guess my main problem, if I have to simplify it down, is that people say my proposals are terrible because they are too simplistic (they haven't used that word, but I assume that is what they are trying to say). Why not be simplistic? That is what I mean when I say "for and by the comman man". It does not have to be overly complex, bureaucratic language.

Let's use one of yours as an example:
Noting the controversial nature of such a subject as euthanasia/assisted suicide,
Appreciative of the reasoning of why people should be able to end their life,
Aware of the honest mistakes and undesirable circumstances and events that may occur due to such a resolution,
Condemning the notion that people have the right to kill themselves and misuse the body and life that have been given to them,


This provides nothing more than personal opinion to repeal a proposal. It would be better made if you used faults of the target instead of your own feelings about what the target is doing. Taking its failures and using that to repeal it is stronger and less simplistic, while not being overly bureaucratic.

Thats why its good to draft here, so you can get that information easier.
Californian

Dragon with internet access

Unironically still in NSG discussions, now turned to slight shitposting to make it fun for everyone else me and me only.

I'm queer

Heloin's, perhaps, unwanted accountant

Don't use my old posts to judge me, I was cringe af

Naan Violence, y'all.

Political Beliefs
TL;DR: I'm a democratic socialist. Surprise Surprise, I don't support genocide or violence.

Go 49rs

Untecna wrote:No, and you can talk to my dragon lawyers if you dragon want me to dragon shut up.

Hemakral wrote:damn bro that wall so thick kool-aid man couldn't bust through

[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Alright well I'm going to do my best I guess.

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:25 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Of the five proposals you have put up in recent days:

Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms" hasn't been marked legal or illegal yet (and I support it in principle, provided it and GA#499 are replaced by a resolution which forbids forced abortion while allowing all other forms of abortion - which I'm not seeing here).
Repeal "Access To Euthanasia Services" is legal (and I support it).
Banning Prostitution is likely legal (my fault!) but I wouldn't support the WA banning or legalising it everywhere.
Super Straight Month isn't legal or illegal but Article 3 could/would bankrupt member states. (ANY amount of funding?)
Commend Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is legal but I don't support it.

Your proposals may be poorly argued, but they are mostly - if not entirely - legal anyway.

And I guess that is part of my problem too. Most of mine are (probably) legal, but nobody seems to support them.

User avatar
Comfed
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1723
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:26 pm

US of-A wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Of the five proposals you have put up in recent days:

Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms" hasn't been marked legal or illegal yet (and I support it in principle, provided it and GA#499 are replaced by a resolution which forbids forced abortion while allowing all other forms of abortion - which I'm not seeing here).
Repeal "Access To Euthanasia Services" is legal (and I support it).
Banning Prostitution is likely legal (my fault!) but I wouldn't support the WA banning or legalising it everywhere.
Super Straight Month isn't legal or illegal but Article 3 could/would bankrupt member states. (ANY amount of funding?)
Commend Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is legal but I don't support it.

Your proposals may be poorly argued, but they are mostly - if not entirely - legal anyway.

And I guess that is part of my problem too. Most of mine are (probably) legal, but nobody seems to support them.

Just because your proposal is legal doesn't mean that people will support it. There are a variety of reasons, including the quality of writing and individual opinions on the topic.
TNP EIA
WA (Co-)Authorship: SC#390

10000 Islands Foreign Affairs wrote:~The population of 10000 Islands suffered a huge increase
Ankuran wrote:"Here's Form T-34 for issuing a bribe. Enter the recipient's name here, check reason for bribe here, enter amount here. Now we'll just swipe your card here. Would you like to join our Frequent Briber's Club? Get five percent cash back on your first bribe."
[violet] wrote:lol
Douglas Adams wrote:In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, everybody dies.
Nation reflects RL beliefs, especially bad ones. All stats are canon.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Senator
 
Posts: 3567
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:33 pm

US of-A wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Of the five proposals you have put up in recent days:

Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms" hasn't been marked legal or illegal yet (and I support it in principle, provided it and GA#499 are replaced by a resolution which forbids forced abortion while allowing all other forms of abortion - which I'm not seeing here).
Repeal "Access To Euthanasia Services" is legal (and I support it).
Banning Prostitution is likely legal (my fault!) but I wouldn't support the WA banning or legalising it everywhere.
Super Straight Month isn't legal or illegal but Article 3 could/would bankrupt member states. (ANY amount of funding?)
Commend Confederation of Corrupt Dictators is legal but I don't support it.

Your proposals may be poorly argued, but they are mostly - if not entirely - legal anyway.

And I guess that is part of my problem too. Most of mine are (probably) legal, but nobody seems to support them.

Legal =/= Good
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 11600
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 pm

I'll lay it out briefly. The World Assembly is really two games in one.

The first part is a policy game: you have to write legislation which solves problems, makes policy choices, and implements those policies well. This is very difficult to do if you don't have a background in law, public policy, or other things that provide relevant experience. In general it is also a difficult skill to develop. This makes the first part of the World Assembly difficult. Implementation of policies is also further complicated by the GA's ruleset, which is long, complicated, and – frankly – needs revision (mostly in the simplification department). Learning that ruleset is also difficult; it is also why forum feedback can be helpful (certain players with straight-up wrong views about the ruleset trying to mislead new players notwithstanding). I think the word "Illegal" is a misnomer (same with delegate quorum); but it is used to describe ruleset illegalities. The ruleset is apolitical (at least since 10pm EDT on Friday) and the GA Secretariat's legality filter is not meant to be overly strenuous, once the rules are learnt.

The second part of the game is a political one. Once you have a draft, you need to sell it to the voters. Selling stuff to the voters can be difficult if you are an authoritarian reactionary who has policy preferences at odds with those voters. This is just classical median voter theorem. The best players are convincing and can effect preference shifts from the inside. This also means there are two hurdles: you first need to write a policy (and with sufficient political support, it need not be altogether "good",) and then you need to get people to vote for it.

But as to this pretence of the "common man". One should not presume that one possesses the gifts of the people and that they can speak for the people merely by one's presence here. Resolutions and other honours should be conceived of in such a way; they are not won or wrested from NationStates players; they are gifts that are given by those players in recognition of qualities, be they indirect (like voting for a resolution) or direct (like voting for a commendation in the other chamber). Cf Cic. Leg. Agr. 2.1–5. The players, voting in their usual manner, decide whose proposals speak for them, not self-appointed players who merely assume their rhetorical mantle.

Author: 1 SC and 47 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Gaius Marcius Blythe
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

User avatar
Makko Oko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 578
Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Makko Oko » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:19 pm

OOC: Now here's a question, do you HAVE to campaign for resolutions to have a chance at going to the voting chambers? I've personally never campaigned, and unless I have to, probably never will

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 11600
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:20 pm

Makko Oko wrote:OOC: Now here's a question, do you HAVE to campaign for resolutions to have a chance at going to the voting chambers? I've personally never campaigned, and unless I have to, probably never will

Yes. Unless someone else runs your campaign for you, you will have to campaign to get enough of the requisite approvals. (I'm sure someone is going to claim that in 2002 you didn't have to do it but twenty years later, this is a de facto requirement.)
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 47 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Gaius Marcius Blythe
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

User avatar
Attempted Socialism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1418
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Attempted Socialism » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:57 am

US of-A wrote:
Attempted Socialism wrote:I'm guessing that you have had a few of your resolutions marked as "illegal", based on your withdrawn resolutions and your post here. Legality is determined by the rules as written. Apart from contradiction (Which requires substantial knowledge of previously passed resolutions) and honest mistake (Which is unfortunately named) they're easy to follow. I don't think it is a good sign that you're already failing to clear the lowest bar, that of mere legality.
Your garbage resolutions are terrible on their own, though, so I am sure you'll have a grand time railing against some WA elite for all your resolutions failing when in reality, it's because you think for 5 second, write a shitty, bad-policy, unpopular, resolution, submit it, and then edit it or not based on whether it is marked illegal by the GenSec, and then your resolution never garners support from anyone except a few dead-end reactionaries without even the slightest sense of quality. If you want to avoid this fate, draft your resolutions here for at least 2-4 weeks and listen to feedback meanwhile. If you want to embrace this fate, all the best of luck.

Please don't cuss.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted some PC, regulated feedback where people aren't allowed to call shitty proposals shitty. I'm 95% sure the common man uses worse cursewords than "shitty", so I genuinely thought I was in the clear. But I shall make sure to adapt my language to your more PC sensibilities, and describe your proposals as "like fecal matter" instead, where it applies.


Represented in the World Assembly by Ambassador Robert Mortimer Pride, called The Regicide
Assume OOC unless otherwise indicated.
Cui Bono, quod seipsos custodes custodiunt?Who am I in real life, my opinions and notes

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1679
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:24 am

Question: why don't you want to draft on the forums? Yes the WA elite can be very blunt and rude with their "constructive" criticism, but 9/10 times it leads to either a great proposal or a scrapped one that was doomed anyway. Yes, I agree that the WA elite should be less, well, elite, and be more welcoming to new players, but that doesn't mean you just avoid drafting altogether, resulting in a simpled and uncriticized proposal that will never be close to reaching quorum.

Honestly, to me at least, the term "WA Elite" is just a rough stereotype for any fairly experienced author who isn't afraid to give criticism in a blunt but fairly effective way to any proposal, by a new player or not. If you want to rid yourselve of them, then become one. Intigrate yourself into the WA drafting community and give criticism, draft proposals (legal ones and on the appropriate forum, of course), and earn the respect of your fellow authors so that maybe they won't be so harsh. Now, I'm not one to talk as I'm not even halfway there, but look at a few players who have been playing far shorter than me and they're already there.

Best advice I can give you. Follow it if you want, or do the complete opposite for all I care.
Last edited by The Orwell Society on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Ffteen year old guy living in the US.
•  Nerdy nerd
•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sildoria
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Semi-experienced gameplayer and cards trader

this
this

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1679
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 am

Attempted Socialism wrote:
US of-A wrote:Please don't cuss.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted some PC, regulated feedback where people aren't allowed to call shitty proposals shitty. I'm 95% sure the common man uses worse cursewords than "shitty", so I genuinely thought I was in the clear. But I shall make sure to adapt my language to your more PC sensibilities, and describe your proposals as "like fecal matter" instead, where it applies.

Don't be so fucking harsh :p

This is the bluntness I was talking about
(for reference, this is playful sarcasm, not an attempt at flaming or baiting)
Last edited by The Orwell Society on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Ffteen year old guy living in the US.
•  Nerdy nerd
•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sildoria
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Semi-experienced gameplayer and cards trader

this
this

User avatar
Wayneactia
Senator
 
Posts: 3567
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:58 am

Attempted Socialism wrote:
US of-A wrote:Please don't cuss.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted some PC, regulated feedback where people aren't allowed to call shitty proposals shitty. I'm 95% sure the common man uses worse cursewords than "shitty", so I genuinely thought I was in the clear. But I shall make sure to adapt my language to your more PC sensibilities, and describe your proposals as "like fecal matter" instead, where it applies.

I sure fucking do. All of their proposals, legal or not were shit.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

User avatar
US of-A
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby US of-A » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:03 am

Well uh thanks for the feedback everybody, even if some of it was curse words. I generally don't use them when trying to make a well-thought-out, coherent response, but you do what you want I suppose.

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1679
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:06 am

US of-A wrote:Well uh thanks for the feedback everybody, even if some of it was curse words. I generally don't use them when trying to make a well-thought-out, coherent response, but you do what you want I suppose.
You're conservative, right? If you are, than the WA will only make you more mad. It is very liberal, so there's that, too.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Ffteen year old guy living in the US.
•  Nerdy nerd
•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sildoria
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Semi-experienced gameplayer and cards trader

this
this

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Attempted Socialism

Advertisement

Remove ads