NATION

PASSWORD

Awakening (Urban Fantasy)(OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Awakening (Urban Fantasy)(OOC/Open)

Postby Theyra » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:35 am

Awakening


Image


For my dear relatives, I know I have not been particularly close to any of you, and I have been distant to you all over the years. But, something that you all do not know is that I have been sick of late, and it has come to my knowledge that I am not long for this world. So all I ask is that you come to my manor at Lake Placid, New York, for one last goodbye. You all will be accommodated for when you arrive, so do not worry about that. Just come as soon as you can as time is short and I would like to see you here one last time.

Sincerely, Liam Brann.

A message that would be sent out to a number of Liam's relatives that to them seems like the last chance to see their distant relative before he dies. But, unbeknownst to them, Liam has an ulterior motive for bringing his relatives to his home. Something that if he told them the truth, they would not believe him. For there is more to this world than meets the eye. A secret that Liam has discovered and knows that a storm is almost here. Along with what lies in his family's blood, waiting to be awakened. A sleeping power that while it can't stop the coming supernatural apocalypse. For while the world will remain intact, all of humanity will learn that they are not alone in this world and have to adapt if they wish to survive this new coming reality. And for Liam's relatives that came to see him, a chance to prepare themselves and help whoever they can once this coming storm has arrived. How they fare is up to fate.

Rules:
Respect the Op and the CO-OPS
No Godmodding.
No One Liners, Min is one paragraph.
No meta gaming.
No raging/flaming.
No spamming in the IC or the OOC either one.
No Op characters
No time or mind control powers


[url]IC[/url]


Overview:

Hello and welcome to the rp. The date is June 1st, 2012, and in this rp you will be playing as members of the Brann family that have received a letter from Liam Brann, a distant, old but, rich member of the family. To visit him at his manor in Lake Placid, New York. Under the pretense that he is dying and wishes to see him one last time before he dies. While it is true that he is dying, Liam has a different reason for gathering members of his family to his home. For a supernatural apocalypse is coming, and Liam wishes to prepare what family visit him for the coming storm. For there is something special about their family bloodline and contains the power to help others when this coming storm arrives.

Abilities:


While everyone will generally have the same abilities, which the core abilities a player can have are superhuman strength, durability, agility, reflexes, speed, and being immune to conversion(aka can not turn into a werewolf if scratched or bitten, for example). Players will get one custom ability of their choosing that can be anything as long as it is not magic and is low key and not op. For example, the ability to breathe fire or shapeshifting.

Application
Code: Select all
Name:
Gender:
Age:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
Ability:(One and describe it)
Personal Belongings:
Background:(Two paragraphs)

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:35 am

Roster


Carl Shelton - Talchyon
Last edited by Theyra on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:45 am

Tag. Interesting concept.

As a possible side power, how about flight?
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:24 pm

Talchyon wrote:Tag. Interesting concept.

As a possible side power, how about flight?


Hmmm, would limited flight be acceptable to you?

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:31 pm

Theyra wrote:
Talchyon wrote:As a possible side power, how about flight?


Hmmm, would limited flight be acceptable to you?


What are the limitations we're talking about? Right now, limited flight is still a cool possibility.
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Sotoak
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: May 03, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sotoak » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:54 am

Do we start being aware of our powers or is that meant to be later?

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:46 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Theyra wrote:
Hmmm, would limited flight be acceptable to you?


What are the limitations we're talking about? Right now, limited flight is still a cool possibility.


I was just thinking somewhere halfway between flying and not flying. Like it can your char can fly to an extant. Like up to a certain height which I will let you decide that. Just nothing too bad.

Sotoak wrote:Do we start being aware of our powers or is that meant to be later?


No, chars are not aware of their powers at the start. They will be aware once Liam explains it and awakens their powers in the first arc.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:07 am

I'm struggling with a character. Was curious about playing someone really young - like 12 years old. But I don't know how that one would get to the Brann manor.

Or possibly a homeless guy. But I don't know.
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:21 pm

Talchyon wrote:I'm struggling with a character. Was curious about playing someone really young - like 12 years old. But I don't know how that one would get to the Brann manor.

Or possibly a homeless guy. But I don't know.


Well, Liam is only sending out letters for adults and you could play as a homeless person. Liam could have made the effort to find him and bring him to the manor? Or you could be playing someone down on this luck? Which sounds better to you?

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm

Ok. I'm sold. I'll make my homeless character.

It will have to be in a few days though. Going to be out of town and stressed out for the next few days.
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:36 am

Back and able to contribute now! I'll be apping soon. My homeless character.
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 pm

Image


Name: Carl Shelton
Gender: male
Age: 48

Appearance: (see picture to the right. He's not the policeman)

Personality: Reserved, cynical, kind of an introvert. Somewhat philosophical.
Skills: Carl knows how to find things people might need - or at least know where to get it. Great at stretching a buck. He had once learned how to drive and could probably bring that skill back. Relates well with animals - and they with him. Good at taking orders and showing respect. Knows how to play a guitar.

Ability: Carl can detect when people tell lies. He has kind of empathy that allows him to understand a person - to a degree. But this empathy also tells him flat out when he's being lied to. Without a doubt, a hundred percent certain, Carl knows.

Personal Belongings: The bare minimum. He has the clothes he's wearing right now, an extra change, a coat, some odds and ends. He also does have a guitar in a battered old case. Needs some new strings, but what can you do?

Background: Carl Shelton never intended to become homeless. He had dreams for his life. Plans. Goals. It's just that life took an unfortunate turn. Growing up in New York City, Carl had applied to the city college and did average there. But when his father was dying, Carl was the only one who was left. Mom had run off years before. His brother Joey had moved to San Fran. Mindy had gotten married and moved to Texas. Dad needed a caretaker, and Carl was it.

Dropping out of college wasn't so bad. Carl did his best to make ends meet with the resources he and his dad had saved. But, medical expenses being what they are, the savings ran out, the meds were still needed but not decreasing in price, and dad still needed him. Bills came due. Bills were sent past due. Then, the repo men came. Taking thing after thing in his father's home - the furniture, the silver, the funds. Carl was hosed but didn't have a way to recover. When his father died, the life insurance premium was able to afford a modest funeral but little else. All that Carl inherited had been the house - which was now also in the targets of the debt collectors. Having nothing else, Carl sold the house for under the price, and tried to make it with nothing. He eventually ended up on the street, unable to find a job, and has been there ever since. He's learned to accept it and live with it.

When the message came from the Brann family about moving into the stranger's house, Carl didn't know what to think. It's possible the person was telling the truth, that somehow they were related on his mom's side (which he knew very little about). But why reach out to him? It was probably just a joke that wasn't very funny that people often play on the homeless. The more he thought about it, the less safe he thought he'd be if he took this Brann up on it. But, the nights were getting colder, and the offer of staying inside in a warm place got the better of him. Carl has no expectations. But even one night inside in a warm place was better than his current digs...
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:06 pm

Talchyon wrote:

Name: Carl Shelton
Gender: male
Age: 48

Appearance: (see picture to the right. He's not the policeman)

Personality: Reserved, cynical, kind of an introvert. Somewhat philosophical.
Skills: Carl knows how to find things people might need - or at least know where to get it. Great at stretching a buck. He had once learned how to drive and could probably bring that skill back. Relates well with animals - and they with him. Good at taking orders and showing respect. Knows how to play a guitar.

Ability: Carl can detect when people tell lies. He has kind of empathy that allows him to understand a person - to a degree. But this empathy also tells him flat out when he's being lied to. Without a doubt, a hundred percent certain, Carl knows.

Personal Belongings: The bare minimum. He has the clothes he's wearing right now, an extra change, a coat, some odds and ends. He also does have a guitar in a battered old case. Needs some new strings, but what can you do?

Background: Carl Shelton never intended to become homeless. He had dreams for his life. Plans. Goals. It's just that life took an unfortunate turn. Growing up in New York City, Carl had applied to the city college and did average there. But when his father was dying, Carl was the only one who was left. Mom had run off years before. His brother Joey had moved to San Fran. Mindy had gotten married and moved to Texas. Dad needed a caretaker, and Carl was it.

Dropping out of college wasn't so bad. Carl did his best to make ends meet with the resources he and his dad had saved. But, medical expenses being what they are, the savings ran out, the meds were still needed but not decreasing in price, and dad still needed him. Bills came due. Bills were sent past due. Then, the repo men came. Taking thing after thing in his father's home - the furniture, the silver, the funds. Carl was hosed but didn't have a way to recover. When his father died, the life insurance premium was able to afford a modest funeral but little else. All that Carl inherited had been the house - which was now also in the targets of the debt collectors. Having nothing else, Carl sold the house for under the price, and tried to make it with nothing. He eventually ended up on the street, unable to find a job, and has been there ever since. He's learned to accept it and live with it.

When the message came from the Brann family about moving into the stranger's house, Carl didn't know what to think. It's possible the person was telling the truth, that somehow they were related on his mom's side (which he knew very little about). But why reach out to him? It was probably just a joke that wasn't very funny that people often play on the homeless. The more he thought about it, the less safe he thought he'd be if he took this Brann up on it. But, the nights were getting colder, and the offer of staying inside in a warm place got the better of him. Carl has no expectations. But even one night inside in a warm place was better than his current digs...


Accepted

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:45 pm

Excellent! Now let's get some more!

Have you advertised OP?
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:33 am

Now the ad is up and time to see if anyone else is interested.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5667
Founded: May 05, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:06 pm

So, I'm back from being out of state. Now let's recruit some more players. This looks like a fun RP.
I'm OP-ing this one - PARAGON INDUSTRIES - A high tech comedy with the kooks, rejects and psychos who work at the once great tech giant that's fallen on bad times. Check out the IC action here!

Also Young Bloods - the long-running superhero RP that I just joined 164 pages in


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Theyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5950
Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Talchyon wrote:So, I'm back from being out of state. Now let's recruit some more players. This looks like a fun RP.


Honestly, it is only five days away from the rp being a month old and despite making the ad. Only you have made a app out of two people that showed interest. So I think this is dead.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Sarangtus Lands

Advertisement

Remove ads