NATION

PASSWORD

Seventeen Manufacturing - Bicycles and Electric Vehicles

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Seventeen Manufacturing - Bicycles and Electric Vehicles

Postby Huron League » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:53 pm

SEVENTEEN MANUFACTURING
Image
Seventeen Manufacturing is a giant electric vehicle and bicycle manufacturing company headquartered in Ingny. It's headquarters are located on Revolution Parkway, which is a manufacturing and big business hotspot located in the heart of Ingny.
Seventeen's headquarters:
Image




History:
Maxwell Friedman was born poor to Leon Samuell Friedman, a steelworker in the Humphrey Steelworks Company and Mallia Enbourg Friedman, a cleaner for The Roosevelt Hotel in downtown Ingny during a period of rapid industrialization across the country. His father taught him the basics of welding and steelworking at a young age. Maxwell showed to be prolific, creating his own bicycle at the age of 12. His interest in bikes were sparked by the sense of freedom he got riding his father's old bike from his childhood along the dusty, smoggy streets of the manufacturing areas of Ingny, where his father worked and he and his family lived. He eventually settled in a quiet, Victorian style housing neighborhood near where he and Margarette opened Seventeen's first shop. Margarette lived in a more affluent part of town, with her father working at The Roosevelt in a higher managing position. Mallia Friedman and Margarette's father became friends, and eventually Margarette and Maxwell met and were friends for years, bonding over their shared love of riding bikes before realizing their attraction to one another. They married at 25, and had Edmund a few years after. At the time of their marriage, Maxwell was working in the steel plant his father had worked at for years and Margarette had been coasting on her father's money for years before they both realized they wanted a new job. Nothing on the market they felt suited their skill or interests, as Maxwell had had enough of the endless grind of the steel factory and Margarette wanted to work more with bicycles, seen to be a frivolous pursuit at the time. They found a cozy little storefront just blocks away from their home and decided to use some of their remaining money to purchase the building.
Then, in 1917 they founded Seventeen Manufacturing. With a few hundred dollars, they invested in their necessary equipment and started producing their bikes. Business was slow at first, as many struggled in the heavily industrial times, but then they found a market in the rich and moderately wealthy who could afford such a luxury as a bicycle. Their handmade bikes and splendid designs were attractive to the affluent populace of Ingny, who were desperate to show their wealth and status in any way possible. With money flowing in, they decided to hire two employees to assist with the assembly of the bikes, as that was where Margarette was weaker, however, she designed and painted each and every bike made. As the months turned into years, their bikes became more affordable to poorer citizens, and bikes even became a staple of commutes for poorer people in Ingny, as the city was so large and cars so expensive it was too difficult to walk to each of their destinations.
When Margarette and Maxwell retired, they left a note to their sole child, Edmund, who was set to take over the company. Essentially, it advised him not to give in to greed or excessive need for expansion. With his parents excess money from the company, he abruptly bought a factory and began an assembly line for the bikes, essentially ruining what set Seventeen apart from its competitors. The new bikes were no longer the high quality metal bikes like before, now it was cheap aluminum bikes that were all painted by being dunked in a vat of paint. All of the originality and creativity had been seeped out of the company, and sales stagnated and dropped, even with the high amount being made. As all seemed lost, Edmund was about to close the company's doors forever, when Marcel Anthasiu, world famous bike racer showed up outside of the original company location and asked to try a few bikes. Desperate, Edmund pulled out his bike, an original Maxwell and Margarette bike for him to try. He rode around the cobbled streets to a paved road, and sped down the street quicker than the cars. Nearly out of breath, Anthasiu came panting back after his impromptu 20 mile hour long ride and asked to purchase three. However, Edmund had none in stock, so he stumbled over his words and said "Yes, yes you'll have them in a few days.". He would not, in fact, have them in a few days. Edmund went begging back to his parents to make just three more bikes for him or teach him how to make them in the original way. They obliged, and in twelve days, Marcel was rewarded with three premium striped Seventeen bikes. Then, then came the boom.
Edmund was overwhelmed by the hundreds of orders coming in from all across the country, from the Capital, all the way in the upper reaches of the Far North, calls came pouring in. His factory reopened, this time with quality as the main ingredient, and every single order was served. He expanded countrywide, with several stores popping up in Burton, in Dreamcliff and in and around the Lake Region, as well as the West. 29 stores were opened in the span of a year as Seventeen's popularity skyrocketed due to Marcel's fanfare around the company.
Business was booming for years and years, and in 1980 Edmund stepped down as CEO of Seventeen, replaced by his daughter, Stella. Stella was an advocate for clean energy, and desperately wanted to clean up the pollution around Seventeen's factories, and did so quite successfully as well, lowering emissions 94% in the span of 10 years. Seventeen set a precedent and example for how change could work even for giant companies. With the electric car in many's mind as the turn of the century rolled around, Stella Friedman decided to invest millions in developing the best tech possible to get ahead of the field as early as possible. In 2001, they released the Conductor, the first completely battery-electric car in Huron League. Sales went through the roof, and more iterations and designs of electric cars came and went, including the Circadia EV, in 2007, the Anthracite EV, in 2012, and the Montembault EV, in 2014. The most recent car, the Avenue, was released in early 2022. Bicycle models include the Seventeen Matriarch, rolled out in 2019, and the Aspen, which came out late 2021. The Aspen, a top-of-the-line racing bike sold a record 391,000 units in the first month of availability.

To order cars, bikes, or request stores or sales for or in your nation, copy the code here. As a thank you, on any order we donate 1% of our profits to a charity of your choice, or on orders over 20 million dollars, we donate 2% of our profits to charities of your choice, or our choice if being bought by a national government. On orders over 100 million dollars, we donate and additional 5%, bringing it up to a 7% donation.
Stores: Depends on size, approximately 1,000,000 NSD per 100 square meters.
Bicycles:
- Matriarch: 6,000 NSD per bike - high-end racer - 2 years old
- Aspen: 12,000 NSD per bike - top-of-the-line racer - brand new
- Steamer: 5,000 NSD per bike - cargo bike - brand new
- Geyser: 1,000 NSD per bike - city cruiser - 5 years old
- Birch 2,000 NSD per bike - city cruiser - brand new
Electric Vehicles
- Circadia: 20,000 NSD per car - sedan - 15 years old
- Anthracite: 30,000 NSD per car - SUV - 10 years old
- Montembault - 35,000 NSD per car - sportwagon - 8 years old
- Circadia 2.0 35,000 NSD per car - sedan - 6 years old
- Fissure 150,000 NSD per truck - 18 Wheeler - 3 years old
- Carbon 40,000 NSD per car- SUV - 2 years old
- Tigre 55,000 NSD per truck - truck - 1 year old
- Volt 40,000 NSD per car - sportwagon - brand new
Stores:
Code: Select all
Store Quantity:
Estimated Square Meterage Requested:
City/Cities (leave blank if optional):
Special Directions (Optional):
Comments or Questions:

Bike Fleet:
Code: Select all
Model:
Amount:
Use:
Design (you describe it we make it!):
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions:

Electric Vehicle Fleet:
Code: Select all
Model:
Amount:
Design:
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions:
Last edited by Huron League on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Reserved just in case
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Coliantia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 398
Founded: Feb 22, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Coliantia » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:43 pm

To: Seventeen Manufacturing
From: Ministry of Economy

Model: Circadia 2.0
Amount: 15,000
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.

Model: Fissure
Amount: 200
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.
Republic of Coliantia
Proud member of the TPA! Join today, Pacific nations!
No one asked but here's some stuff about me

August 9, 2022, Tuesday| National News
Mukturi signs Midnight Appointment Act --- President barred from appointing new official a month before election | Mukturi declares "strict neutrality" for Coliantia amidst rising Marajarbian-Janpian tensions | Government to hold probe on possible corruption from politicians next week | Weather: Sulchi, 28°C ⛅ --- Nakurik, 28°C ☁️ --- Imakota, 29°C ☁️ --- Fichika, 28°C ☁️

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:33 am

Coliantia wrote:
To: Seventeen Manufacturing
From: Ministry of Economy

Model: Circadia 2.0
Amount: 15,000
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.

Model: Fissure
Amount: 200
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.


Thank you for the very generous purchases. In exchange for granting us land in your country, we will give you 3,000 of your Circadias free!
Total cost:
Circadia 2.0s: 420,000,000 NSD
Fissures: 30000000 NSD
This brings your total to 450,000,000 dollars. Are you sure you would like to complete this transaction? If yes, accepted.
Last edited by Huron League on Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Coliantia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 398
Founded: Feb 22, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Coliantia » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:55 am

Huron League wrote:
Coliantia wrote:
To: Seventeen Manufacturing
From: Ministry of Economy

Model: Circadia 2.0
Amount: 15,000
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.

Model: Fissure
Amount: 200
Design: No specific preference
Comments/Concerns/Questions/Special Directions: We will purchase our desired order through your branches in Tikaha.


Thank you for the very generous purchases. In exchange for granting us land in your country, we will give you 3,000 of your Circadias free!
Total cost:
Circadia 2.0s: 420,000,000 NSD
Fissures: 30000000 NSD
This brings your total to 450,000,000 dollars. Are you sure you would like to complete this transaction? If yes, accepted.

Yes.
Republic of Coliantia
Proud member of the TPA! Join today, Pacific nations!
No one asked but here's some stuff about me

August 9, 2022, Tuesday| National News
Mukturi signs Midnight Appointment Act --- President barred from appointing new official a month before election | Mukturi declares "strict neutrality" for Coliantia amidst rising Marajarbian-Janpian tensions | Government to hold probe on possible corruption from politicians next week | Weather: Sulchi, 28°C ⛅ --- Nakurik, 28°C ☁️ --- Imakota, 29°C ☁️ --- Fichika, 28°C ☁️

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Coliantia wrote:
Huron League wrote:
Thank you for the very generous purchases. In exchange for granting us land in your country, we will give you 3,000 of your Circadias free!
Total cost:
Circadia 2.0s: 420,000,000 NSD
Fissures: 30000000 NSD
This brings your total to 450,000,000 dollars. Are you sure you would like to complete this transaction? If yes, accepted.

Yes.

Thank you for the extraordinarily generous purchase. Your vehicles are on the way to Colantia from our main factory in Ingny. We hope they are put to good use. As a bonus, we are donating 10% of our profits to notable Colantian charities to support the growth and development of the country, and as an extra thanks for the land given in Tikaha.
- Stella Friedman
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Coliantia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 398
Founded: Feb 22, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Coliantia » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Huron League wrote:
Coliantia wrote:Yes.

Thank you for the extraordinarily generous purchase. Your vehicles are on the way to Colantia from our main factory in Ingny. We hope they are put to good use. As a bonus, we are donating 10% of our profits to notable Colantian charities to support the growth and development of the country, and as an extra thanks for the land given in Tikaha.
- Stella Friedman

We happily accept and appreciate the deal.
Republic of Coliantia
Proud member of the TPA! Join today, Pacific nations!
No one asked but here's some stuff about me

August 9, 2022, Tuesday| National News
Mukturi signs Midnight Appointment Act --- President barred from appointing new official a month before election | Mukturi declares "strict neutrality" for Coliantia amidst rising Marajarbian-Janpian tensions | Government to hold probe on possible corruption from politicians next week | Weather: Sulchi, 28°C ⛅ --- Nakurik, 28°C ☁️ --- Imakota, 29°C ☁️ --- Fichika, 28°C ☁️

User avatar
Cyrassinia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Feb 11, 2021
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cyrassinia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:25 pm

Store Quantity: 5
Estimated Square Meterage Requested: 3,000m2
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): Alhadara, Queyma, Ifras, Bofra, Hafatz
Special Directions (Optional):
Comments or Questions: We would request that construction be completed using Cyrassinian construction firms, hiring workings and employees that are citizens of Cyrassinian, rather than hired from abroad.

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Cyrassinia wrote:Store Quantity: 5
Estimated Square Meterage Requested: 3,000m2
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): Alhadara, Queyma, Ifras, Bofra, Hafatz
Special Directions (Optional):
Comments or Questions: We would request that construction be completed using Cyrassinian construction firms, hiring workings and employees that are citizens of Cyrassinian, rather than hired from abroad.

Accepted!
A cost of 9,999,990 NSD is required to begin construction. As a bonus, we always donate a set amount of the total profits to charities from the country who purchased our services or goods. Since you spent 9,999,990 NSD, an extremely high amount, we will donate 10% of the profits to Cyrassinian charities. Your stores will have construction started once we find suitable locations for the stores in your requested cities. This is expected to take 2-3 weeks. We will also make sure to only employ Cyrassinian workers and use only Cyrassinian construction companies as per your request.

Apologies for the late response, OOC have had a busy couple weeks.
Sincerely,
Stella Friedman
Last edited by Huron League on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 pm

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

As we feel the cost of our stores is too high, we will cut the cost to 1/3 of the original price for both consumers who have already bought a store/s or future customers.
Cyrassinia
Your cost of the stores is now only 500 million dollars for the five stores combined.
Thank you once again for the purchase.

APOLOGIES

Cyrassinia, your cost for the stores was mistakenly multiplied by 3,000 instead of 30. Your cost is instead 30,000,000 NSD.
Our sincerest apologies.
Due to the mistaken cost calculation, seeing as the cost is much lower than originally thought to be, our cutting of the price by 1/3 no longer stands. It is 1,000,000 NSD per 100 square meters.
Last edited by Huron League on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Yuki No Shima
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Yuki No Shima » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:06 pm

Store Quantity: 1
Estimated Square Meterage Requested: 1,000m2
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): in the capital of Shinmori
Special Directions (Optional): n/a
Comments or Questions: no comments or questions
Praise Daimyo Matsumae Hakaru!

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:43 pm

Yuki No Shima wrote:Store Quantity: 1
Estimated Square Meterage Requested: 1,000m2
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): in the capital of Shinmori
Special Directions (Optional): n/a
Comments or Questions: no comments or questions

Accepted!
Your store will begin construction in approximately 2-3 weeks, while we find a suitable location for the store. Your cost will be 3,333,300 million NSD.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Independence Hill
Diplomat
 
Posts: 510
Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Independence Hill » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:07 am

Store Quantity: To start, 20 outlet stores, 100 '17' manufacturing facilities anywhere in the United States of Independence Hill
Estimated Square Meterage Requested:
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): We're looking for stores in major cities but manufacturing centers in rural areas to boost rural employment.
Special Directions (Optional): You have complete license over where you want to build, what products you want to manufacture, and what prices you set.
Comments or Questions: We'd like for your company to build both outlet stores and manufacturing centers in our nation. We're looking to add 100,000 manufacturing and we have plenty of cash to invest.

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:39 am

Independence Hill wrote:Store Quantity: To start, 20 outlet stores, 100 '17' manufacturing facilities anywhere in the United States of Independence Hill
Estimated Square Meterage Requested:
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): We're looking for stores in major cities but manufacturing centers in rural areas to boost rural employment.
Special Directions (Optional): You have complete license over where you want to build, what products you want to manufacture, and what prices you set.
Comments or Questions: We'd like for your company to build both outlet stores and manufacturing centers in our nation. We're looking to add 100,000 manufacturing and we have plenty of cash to invest.

Accepted! We will make each outlet store approximately 1,000 square meters, bringing the total for outlet stores to 20,000 square meters. Each manufacturing facility will be quite large to accommodate your requested amount of workers employed, approximately 10,000 square meters each in size. We will employ 1,000 workers per manufacturing facility to reach your goal of 100,000 manufacturing jobs.
Your total comes to 10.2 billion NSD. If you would like to change anything about your order to change the cost, please say so.
In our outlet stores, we will split the total square meterage to 75 percent cars and 25 percent bikes, as obviously bikes take up less room. Our manufacturing facilities will be split with 75 facilities producing cars and 25 producing bikes. Average hourly salary is 30 dollars for an average factory worker. We provide paid parental leave, 1 month of paid sick leave, and 3 weeks of off half-paid off days.
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%

User avatar
Independence Hill
Diplomat
 
Posts: 510
Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Independence Hill » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:46 am

Huron League wrote:
Independence Hill wrote:Store Quantity: To start, 20 outlet stores, 100 '17' manufacturing facilities anywhere in the United States of Independence Hill
Estimated Square Meterage Requested:
City/Cities (leave blank if optional): We're looking for stores in major cities but manufacturing centers in rural areas to boost rural employment.
Special Directions (Optional): You have complete license over where you want to build, what products you want to manufacture, and what prices you set.
Comments or Questions: We'd like for your company to build both outlet stores and manufacturing centers in our nation. We're looking to add 100,000 manufacturing and we have plenty of cash to invest.

Accepted! We will make each outlet store approximately 1,000 square meters, bringing the total for outlet stores to 20,000 square meters. Each manufacturing facility will be quite large to accommodate your requested amount of workers employed, approximately 10,000 square meters each in size. We will employ 1,000 workers per manufacturing facility to reach your goal of 100,000 manufacturing jobs.
Your total comes to 10.2 billion NSD. If you would like to change anything about your order to change the cost, please say so.
In our outlet stores, we will split the total square meterage to 75 percent cars and 25 percent bikes, as obviously bikes take up less room. Our manufacturing facilities will be split with 75 facilities producing cars and 25 producing bikes. Average hourly salary is 30 dollars for an average factory worker. We provide paid parental leave, 1 month of paid sick leave, and 3 weeks of off half-paid off days.



Thank you for choosing Independence Hill to do business. We look forward to a long and prosperous economic partnership.

User avatar
Huron League
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Independence Hill wrote:
Huron League wrote:Accepted! We will make each outlet store approximately 1,000 square meters, bringing the total for outlet stores to 20,000 square meters. Each manufacturing facility will be quite large to accommodate your requested amount of workers employed, approximately 10,000 square meters each in size. We will employ 1,000 workers per manufacturing facility to reach your goal of 100,000 manufacturing jobs.
Your total comes to 10.2 billion NSD. If you would like to change anything about your order to change the cost, please say so.
In our outlet stores, we will split the total square meterage to 75 percent cars and 25 percent bikes, as obviously bikes take up less room. Our manufacturing facilities will be split with 75 facilities producing cars and 25 producing bikes. Average hourly salary is 30 dollars for an average factory worker. We provide paid parental leave, 1 month of paid sick leave, and 3 weeks of off half-paid off days.



Thank you for choosing Independence Hill to do business. We look forward to a long and prosperous economic partnership.

Accepted your offer! Stores and manufacturing facilities will break ground within the next month, once adequate plots of land and workers have been made and hired. As a result of your extremely generous purchase, we will donate 10 percent of our profits to charities inside of Independence Hill.
Glad to do business with you,
Stella Friedman and the rest of us here at Seventeen
BREAKING NEWS: NEW POLLS SHOW DEVOSS LEADING BARENDT BY 17%


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads