NATION

PASSWORD

World War Three (1983) [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

World War Three (1983) [IC]

Postby Northern Seleucia » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:17 pm

Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:29 pm

(OOC: Isn't this technically the IC and the other is the OOC?)
Reorganized Kingdom of Portugal
Capital: Lisbon | Religion: Roman Catholic | TLA: POR
Overview | Constitution | Embassy Program
RTP International News: Nacradian President comes out as transgender | Among Us 2 sells 20 million copies | W h y

RTP Domestic News: Crown Prince Afonso's wife Maria ill | Whales spotted in Madeira | Parliament rejects anti-smoking law
Twilight's Last Gleaming
Congressman Daniel P. Kaheo'ole (D-HI-2)

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino
Year: 2026

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:20 pm

Reorganized Portugal wrote:(OOC: Isn't this technically the IC and the other is the OOC?)

(Shieet you right. I'll change it in a bit I'm busy lol)
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

New Galactic States
Attaché

Founded: May 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:55 am

So when are we gonna start the RP-ing?

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:16 am

Later today.

Libertyvilla
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertyvilla » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:29 am

East German motor squads have pushed through the lines in West Germany. I have a few battalions on their way through the North German plain, where the will encounter British and French forces. We're really relying on others' support.
i dont wanna die in a terrible nuclear war, so lets just end the war in ukraine and end this cold war and all be peaceful

New Galactic States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:41 am

Libertyvilla wrote:East German motor squads have pushed through the lines in West Germany. I have a few battalions on their way through the North German plain, where the will encounter British and French forces. We're really relying on others' support.

West Germany sends a squad of 100,000 (I think that’s realistic?) and about 100 tanks to try and stop the invading force
Last edited by New Galactic States on Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:23 am

New Galactic States wrote:
Libertyvilla wrote:East German motor squads have pushed through the lines in West Germany. I have a few battalions on their way through the North German plain, where the will encounter British and French forces. We're really relying on others' support.

West Germany sends a squad of 500,000 (I think that’s realistic?) and about 100 tanks to try and stop the invading force

(OOC: Technically, it's not a squad, it's an army, but West Germany had 585,000 troops in 1990, so since this is in 1983, it's probably close enough. Careful deploying your whole entire ground force in one area, though.)

The United States, under President Reagan, has reinvented the U.S Military. However, with the M1 Abrams beginning production, soon enough there will be a formidable American tank in the European battlefront.

For now, however, the M60 Patton will have to do. At least 250 M60s form a line near the Fulda Gap, alongside motorized and mechanized infantry units. Some F-4 Phantoms patrol the skies head and launch a search and destroy mission against any possible Soviet forces, risking their lives and planes to protect the invaluable Fulda Gap.
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Galactic States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:43 am

Northern Seleucia wrote:
New Galactic States wrote:West Germany sends a squad of 500,000 (I think that’s realistic?) and about 100 tanks to try and stop the invading force

(OOC: Technically, it's not a squad, it's an army, but West Germany had 585,000 troops in 1990, so since this is in 1983, it's probably close enough. Careful deploying your whole entire ground force in one area, though.)

The United States, under President Reagan, has reinvented the U.S Military. However, with the M1 Abrams beginning production, soon enough there will be a formidable American tank in the European battlefront.

For now, however, the M60 Patton will have to do. At least 250 M60s form a line near the Fulda Gap, alongside motorized and mechanized infantry units. Some F-4 Phantoms patrol the skies head and launch a search and destroy mission against any possible Soviet forces, risking their lives and planes to protect the invaluable Fulda Gap.

Now that I’ve found out I have a army of 585,000, I re-edit, and instead send a army of 100,000 Soldiers (same number of tanks)

Libertyvilla
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertyvilla » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:52 am

Northern Seleucia wrote:(OOC: Technically, it's not a squad, it's an army, but West Germany had 585,000 troops in 1990, so since this is in 1983, it's probably close enough. Careful deploying your whole entire ground force in one area, though.)

Now that I’ve found out I have a army of 585,000, I re-edit, and instead send a army of 100,000 Soldiers (same number of tanks)

my force of 34,000 motorized infantry troops push into the northern German plain and begin to built airfields to land helicopters and planes for the USSR
i dont wanna die in a terrible nuclear war, so lets just end the war in ukraine and end this cold war and all be peaceful

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:56 am

Libertyvilla wrote:

my force of 34,000 motorized infantry troops push into the northern German plain and begin to built airfields to land helicopters and planes for the USSR

Around noon, a force of around fifteen F-4 Phantom II fighter jets drop bombs along the airfields constructed by the East German engineers, providing a pathway for West German troops to hold a defensive line.

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:30 am

Canada, as a NATO member, is ready to jump in. The Canadian military mobilizes 20,000 (They had about 80,000 in 1989, so close enough) soldiers, ready to ship out to Europe.
RTP International News: Nacradian President comes out as transgender | Among Us 2 sells 20 million copies | W h y

RTP Domestic News: Crown Prince Afonso's wife Maria ill | Whales spotted in Madeira | Parliament rejects anti-smoking law
Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino

New Galactic States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Libertyvilla wrote:my force of 34,000 motorized infantry troops push into the northern German plain and begin to built airfields to land helicopters and planes for the USSR

Around noon, a force of around fifteen F-4 Phantom II fighter jets drop bombs along the airfields constructed by the East German engineers, providing a pathway for West German troops to hold a defensive line.

Using this Tactical Advantage, they move in 3/4 (75,000) of their troops into the defensive line, with tanks at the front of this new frontline.

They (semi-quickly) push back the 34,000 East German Troops, since they outnumber them 2-1
Last edited by New Galactic States on Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:04 pm

Reorganized Portugal wrote:Canada, as a NATO member, is ready to jump in. The Canadian military mobilizes 20,000 (They had about 80,000 in 1989, so close enough) soldiers, ready to ship out to Europe.

The United States offers the use of some C-130s in order to rapidly transport the troops. Soviet forces were delayed from a nasty rainstorm, but they are en route to relieve the East German Army. The strategy is to arrive there first and hold the lines.

The United States is desperately trying to negotiate an end to the fighting before hell is unleashed on Europe, but it appears as if WW3 has begun. The troops in the Fulda Gap have come under increasing attack, and are fighting for air supremacy and ground control.

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:11 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Reorganized Portugal wrote:Canada, as a NATO member, is ready to jump in. The Canadian military mobilizes 20,000 (They had about 80,000 in 1989, so close enough) soldiers, ready to ship out to Europe.

The United States offers the use of some C-130s in order to rapidly transport the troops. Soviet forces were delayed from a nasty rainstorm, but they are en route to relieve the East German Army. The strategy is to arrive there first and hold the lines.

The United States is desperately trying to negotiate an end to the fighting before hell is unleashed on Europe, but it appears as if WW3 has begun. The troops in the Fulda Gap have come under increasing attack, and are fighting for air supremacy and ground control.

Canada graciously accepts the C-130s from their American brethren. Canadian troops begin shipping out to the Frankfurt Air Base for the defense of the Fulda Gap. Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau addresses the Canadian people about the situation in Europe.

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino

New Galactic States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:17 pm

West Germany starts sending out Volunteer Forms for Men to join the Army, meanwhile citizens are evacuated from within 50-Miles of the East German Border, most people flee to Frankfurt, The 75,000 troops continue to push into The Frontline, they also work on destroying Air Facilities that east Germany has made, to try and stop the USSR, they send in 50,000 additional troops (increasing the frontline to 125,000 West German Troops)
Last edited by New Galactic States on Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:37 pm

(OOC: No one is doing the USSR at the moment, so I'll temp. take care of it.)

USSR
As the storm begins to end, Soviet forces begin to blitz NATO lines in the North German Plain and the Fulda Gap. A force of 650,000 (1991 showed 3.6 million active, 4 million reserve) begins to slowly move ahead. The sheer size makes it a slow force, but the Soviets trust their VDV, or Airborne Troops, to an airborne mission in the north, near the West German lines. About 4,000 take place in the drop, while tanks, estimated to be around 400, dash the front lines. Chaos ensues, however, when the poorly led East German troops get in the way and slow down, possibly allowing a West German retreat or a possible defensive stand.

Air support is called and humanitarian corridors are annihilated, making even fleeing civilians a possible target.

Near the strategic Fulda Gap, 350,000 Soviet troops clash with American and Canadian forces. The clash between these juggernauts is not like anything the world has seen, with dogfights in the skies and combat below.

Further north, Soviet marines seize control of ports in Norway and Denmark.

United States

American forces are hit very hard in the Gap. Struggling to hold the lines, air support is called. U.S fighters strike relentlessly, but the Soviet hordes are just as relentless. There is no option to retreat, however. If this line fails, all of western Europe will be steamrolled.
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Canada makes the call for 200,000 volunteers. The original 20,000 is reduced to 12,000 from the Soviet invasion, and they retreat toward Frankfurt.

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:43 pm

Reorganized Portugal wrote:Canada makes the call for 200,000 volunteers. The original 20,000 is reduced to 12,000 from the Soviet invasion, and they retreat toward Frankfurt.

The current U.S commander is Europe is General Bernard W. Rogers. He makes a desperate call to retreating Canadian forces, asking them to return to help hold the line. "It's crucial all forces remain and hold. All of Europe depends on it." Even as he says this, Soviet Air Raids strike bridges in Western Europe and missiles hit civilian targets.

Unverified reports begin flying in from all sides, some true, many false. A rumor makes it to Bonn, West Germany that the British and French force up north was crushed. It is later proven false.
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:00 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Reorganized Portugal wrote:Canada makes the call for 200,000 volunteers. The original 20,000 is reduced to 12,000 from the Soviet invasion, and they retreat toward Frankfurt.

The current U.S commander is Europe is General Bernard W. Rogers. He makes a desperate call to retreating Canadian forces, asking them to return to help hold the line. "It's crucial all forces remain and hold. All of Europe depends on it." Even as he says this, Soviet Air Raids strike bridges in Western Europe and missiles hit civilian targets.

Unverified reports begin flying in from all sides, some true, many false. A rumor makes it to Bonn, West Germany that the British and French force up north was crushed. It is later proven false.

The Canadians hesitantly return to the front lines. Canada requests use of the US Rhein-Main Air Base in Frankfurt to deliver her forces.

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mammoth city » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:43 pm

Switzerland states that it wishes to maintain its neutrality. But they insist that they continue trade with NATO and The Warsaw Pact.
Signed: President Mark Villano

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Reorganized Portugal wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:The current U.S commander is Europe is General Bernard W. Rogers. He makes a desperate call to retreating Canadian forces, asking them to return to help hold the line. "It's crucial all forces remain and hold. All of Europe depends on it." Even as he says this, Soviet Air Raids strike bridges in Western Europe and missiles hit civilian targets.

The Canadians hesitantly return to the front lines. Canada requests use of the US Rhein-Main Air Base in Frankfurt to deliver her forces.

The Soviet Union

Soviet forces move mobile cruise missile launchers up forward, and fire a relentless barrage towards West German cities, striking civilian targets in order to degrade morale. The capital, Bonn, is devastated after thirty cruise missiles strike the city. Two hospitals are hit, and are leveled, by the missiles.

Further north, the nation of Denmark surrenders after putting up resistance for sixteen hours. The monarch is taken prisoner as the Hammer and Sickle flag is raised over all government buildings. The Danish Army flees south to West Germany and onward to France, while most of them surrender and are taken captive.

In Norway, the Norwegian Army is dashed and a battle rages over Oslo, the capital city. The battles degrade the whole city as it becomes solely house-to-house, and hand-to-hand combat. Civilians, unable to evacuate, are brutally caught in the crossfire, and the mortality rate skyrockets.

Missiles rain down on Dutch, Belgian, and West German cities. In a matter of hours, more missiles hit France and the U.K.

Miraculously, however, the dug-in West German troops, severely outnumbered, 75,000 compared to 700,000, hold the lines against th4 main Soviet thrust. In am action that will write history, West German troops fix bayonets and fight in the trenches, barely holding the line. Soviet troops fall back and are forced to regroup, their morale shattered.

The United States

American and Canadian Forces in the Fulda Gap have also dug trenches. F-4 Phantoms have been raining hell, but the Soviets seem endless. Multiple missiles are fired at Frankfurt's airport, but are barely intercepted by air defenses. Canadian troops watch in awe as they see the streaks of Soviet missiles race across the sky, and then air raids sirens blaring, and American air defenses striking the missiles, letting off a small explosion in the sky and shrapnel from the destroyed missile raining down.

The Fulda Gap has also become a last stand for U.S and Canadian forces. However, as successful as they are, the effort was in vain - the Soviet Union broke through French and Spanish lines in the north and airborne paratroopers are seizing Hamburg, West Germany. Due to Spain's failure, it appears as if the Soviets will get their breakthrough after all.

Reorganized Portugal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reorganized Portugal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:31 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Reorganized Portugal wrote:The Canadians hesitantly return to the front lines. Canada requests use of the US Rhein-Main Air Base in Frankfurt to deliver her forces.

The Soviet Union

Soviet forces move mobile cruise missile launchers up forward, and fire a relentless barrage towards West German cities, striking civilian targets in order to degrade morale. The capital, Bonn, is devastated after thirty cruise missiles strike the city. Two hospitals are hit, and are leveled, by the missiles.

Further north, the nation of Denmark surrenders after putting up resistance for sixteen hours. The monarch is taken prisoner as the Hammer and Sickle flag is raised over all government buildings. The Danish Army flees south to West Germany and onward to France, while most of them surrender and are taken captive.

In Norway, the Norwegian Army is dashed and a battle rages over Oslo, the capital city. The battles degrade the whole city as it becomes solely house-to-house, and hand-to-hand combat. Civilians, unable to evacuate, are brutally caught in the crossfire, and the mortality rate skyrockets.

Missiles rain down on Dutch, Belgian, and West German cities. In a matter of hours, more missiles hit France and the U.K.

Miraculously, however, the dug-in West German troops, severely outnumbered, 75,000 compared to 700,000, hold the lines against th4 main Soviet thrust. In am action that will write history, West German troops fix bayonets and fight in the trenches, barely holding the line. Soviet troops fall back and are forced to regroup, their morale shattered.

The United States

American and Canadian Forces in the Fulda Gap have also dug trenches. F-4 Phantoms have been raining hell, but the Soviets seem endless. Multiple missiles are fired at Frankfurt's airport, but are barely intercepted by air defenses. Canadian troops watch in awe as they see the streaks of Soviet missiles race across the sky, and then air raids sirens blaring, and American air defenses striking the missiles, letting off a small explosion in the sky and shrapnel from the destroyed missile raining down.

The Fulda Gap has also become a last stand for U.S and Canadian forces. However, as successful as they are, the effort was in vain - the Soviet Union broke through French and Spanish lines in the north and airborne paratroopers are seizing Hamburg, West Germany. Due to Spain's failure, it appears as if the Soviets will get their breakthrough after all.

Canada's 200,000 volunteers fill the ranks and arrive near Cologne. The Maple Leaf flutters in the breeze as Canadian forces march toward Hamburg.
The last 5,000 original soldiers are reorganized into the rest of the regiments.

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Nation in Turmoil
Jose Antonio Rabellino

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 pm

Reorganized Portugal wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:The Soviet Union

The United States

Canada's 200,000 volunteers fill the ranks and arrive near Cologne. The Maple Leaf flutters in the breeze as Canadian forces march toward Hamburg.
The last 5,000 original soldiers are reorganized into the rest of the regiments.

Alas, the survivors are forever known as the Fulda Five Thousand and are hailed as heroes. With the Soviet breakthrough in the north, however, the Fulda Gap loses it's value. However, good news comes as one week of war elapses. Both sides have agreed to no nuclear weapons, and NATO has achieved air supremacy in all territory east of Berlin - including in Soviet-held territory. This makes it more difficult tor the Warsaw Pact to move forces in. However, air defenses are still sharp, and so the West needs to be careful

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:39 pm

Mammoth city wrote:Switzerland states that it wishes to maintain its neutrality. But they insist that they continue trade with NATO and The Warsaw Pact.

Both sides respect this - not without their grudges, though.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse