NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft][Declaration] Artwork Trading Etiquette

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 15, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

[Draft][Declaration] Artwork Trading Etiquette

Postby Zerphen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:23 pm

I wrote this declaration to hopefully inspire some people to get involved in trading cards as well as a call to action for other SC authors to recognize people in the trading card community. Suggestions and critique on what I should add would be greatly appreciated :)

I have made a few changes:
Added I.4, I.5 and II.4
Changed the name of Article IV to "Additional Statements"
Replaced any mention of "puppets" with "colonies"
Removed "and often" from III.2 because of redundancy
Added "or other unrelated nations or regions" to III.2 because of the addition of I.4
Added "to the benefit of the artwork trading and collecting community" to II.3 because keeping puppet nations out of the way of other regions probably shouldn't be commendable on its own and it could be interpreted like that otherwise
There might be some other minor wording mistake that has now been fixed but I forgot about what it might have been if there ever even was such a thing

Any more recommendations on what should be added would be greatly appreciated. I think I've fixed all the problems I had with the first draft, and I'm pretty happy with how this draft is coming along.

Artwork Trading Etiquette

Category: Declaration
Proposed by: Zerphen

The Security Council;

Believing artwork trading and collecting is severely undervalued by the international community;
Noticing efforts thus far by the Security Council to promote the artwork trading and collecting community have been sparse and largely ineffective;
Wishing to promote the growth of this smaller community;
Hereby declares some guidelines for nations to follow in regard to artwork trading and collecting, and commendable and condemnable actions within this community:

Article I: General Etiquette
  1. Nations should, where reasonably possible, sell their unwanted artwork to other collectors instead of throwing it away.
  2. Nations should not hoard significant amounts of one piece of artwork.
  3. Nations should not artificially inflate the value of an artwork for any reason.
  4. Nations should denote their artwork collecting colonies as being owned by them.
  5. Nations should locate their artwork collecting colonies in a protected region so as to not interfere with the governance or recruitment efforts of other regions.
Article II: Commendable Actions
  1. Nations or regions who promote the growth of the artwork trading and collecting community by any means may be considered commendable.
  2. Nations who host collections of artwork of any sort deemed impressive may be considered commendable.
  3. Nations who adhere to the general etiquette guidelines above to the benefit of the artwork trading and collecting community may be considered commendable.
  4. Nations who create tools to assist other artwork collectors in their efforts may be considered commendable.
Article III: Condemnable Actions
  1. Nations or regions who actively discourage or hinder the growth of the artwork trading and collecting community by any means may be considered condemnable.
  2. Nations who actively subvert the general etiquette guidelines to the detriment of the artwork trading and collecting community or other unrelated nations or regions may be considered condemnable.
Article IV: Additional Statements
  1. The above actions are not the only acts that may be deemed commendable or condemnable within the artwork trading and collecting community. The Security Council may recognize a nation in the artwork trading and collecting community for actions not listed above.
  2. The above recommended and discouraged actions are not strict rules, they are merely guidelines. A nation may commit acts that are deemed condemnable within the artwork trading and collecting community, but it may also commit acts that deem it commendable, including those outside of the artwork trading and collecting community.
  3. The use of colonies in the artwork trading and collecting community should not be considered commendable or condemnable unless they are used by the host nation in a way that would deem it commendable or condemnable.
Article V: Security Council Obligations
  1. The Security Council should henceforth make an effort to recognize nations in the artwork trading and collecting community in concurrence with these guidelines.

Artwork Trading Etiquette

Category: Declaration
Proposed by: Zerphen

The Security Council;

Believing artwork trading and collecting is severely undervalued by the international community;
Noticing efforts thus far by the Security Council to promote the artwork trading and collecting community have been sparse and largely ineffective;
Wishing to promote the growth of this smaller community;
Hereby declares some guidelines for nations to follow in regard to artwork trading and collecting, and commendable and condemnable actions within this community:

Article I: General Etiquette
  1. Nations should, where reasonably possible, sell their unwanted artwork to other collectors instead of throwing it away.
  2. Nations should not hoard significant amounts of one piece of artwork.
  3. Nations should not artificially inflate the value of an artwork for any reason.
Article II: Commendable Actions
  1. Nations or regions who promote the growth of the artwork trading and collecting community by any means may be considered commendable.
  2. Nations who host collections of artwork of any sort deemed impressive may be considered commendable.
  3. Nations who adhere to the general etiquette guidelines above may be considered commendable.
Article III: Condemnable Actions
  1. Nations or regions who actively discourage or hinder the growth of the artwork trading and collecting community by any means may be considered condemnable.
  2. Nations who actively and often subvert the general etiquette guidelines to the detriment of the artwork trading and collecting community may be considered condemnable.
Article IV: Further Statements
  1. The above actions are not the only acts that may be deemed commendable or condemnable within the artwork trading and collecting community. The Security Council may recognize a nation in the artwork trading and collecting community for actions not listed above.
  2. The above recommended and discouraged actions are not strict rules, they are merely guidelines. A nation may commit acts that are deemed condemnable within the artwork trading and collecting community, but it may also commit acts that deem it commendable, including those outside of the artwork trading and collecting community.
  3. The use of puppet nations in the artwork trading and collecting community should not be considered commendable or condemnable unless they are used by the host nation in a way that would deem it commendable or condemnable.
Article V: Security Council Obligations
  1. The Security Council should henceforth make an effort to recognize nations in the artwork trading and collecting community in concurrence with these guidelines.
Last edited by Zerphen on Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:02 pm

Why should "yeah, this is theoretically C&Cable" be a Declaration topic? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

PhilTech
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby PhilTech » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:54 am

Hello, I just want to ask. What is the purpose of Declarations? What does it do? Enlightenments are much appreciated.

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:02 am

PhilTech wrote:Hello, I just want to ask. What is the purpose of Declarations? What does it do? Enlightenments are much appreciated.

Absolutely none and absolutely nothing, respectively.

Cheers

Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zerphen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:57 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why should "yeah, this is theoretically C&Cable" be a Declaration topic? :P

I was hoping that it may act as a guideline for other SC authors to write C&Cs of other nations in the trading cards community, as well as a call to action for SC authors to write C&Cs of nations in the trading cards community. Trading card players are very underrepresented in the SC, and I only know of 4 resolutions that mention them. While I can definitely write a few resolutions to recognize cards players, I don't know every prolific cards player who has, for example, formed a massive card trading union, which is why it's probably best to refer to the collective knowledge of all nationstates players with much more experience than myself instead of just the limits of my own mind.
Refuge Isle wrote:
PhilTech wrote:Hello, I just want to ask. What is the purpose of Declarations? What does it do? Enlightenments are much appreciated.

Cheers

That is completely fair and true, but I also think declarations could be a valuable tool that can act as a call to action which is currently underused. I could scream "WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE CARDS PLAYERS" all I want but unless I singlehandedly write a bunch of resolutions to recognize all prolific cards players it won't happen. Alternatively, I can write a declaration like this to inspire other SC authors who might know more prolific cards players and their histories to assist in the effort of writing resolutions to recognize them.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:43 am

Full support! :P
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

PhilTech
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby PhilTech » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 am

Refuge Isle wrote:

Cheers

Thank you.:)

Zerphen wrote:That is completely fair and true, but I also think declarations could be a valuable tool that can act as a call to action which is currently underused. I could scream "WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE CARDS PLAYERS" all I want but unless I singlehandedly write a bunch of resolutions to recognize all prolific cards players it won't happen. Alternatively, I can write a declaration like this to inspire other SC authors who might know more prolific cards players and their histories to assist in the effort of writing resolutions to recognize them.

Like whom? Are there any more prolific card players out there worthy of commendations/condemnations? I think we have quite a handful now (who are/were prolific in their game): Koem Kab, 9003, and Destructive Government Economic System to name a few.

Oh and one more thing, can you also include in Article 1 - Nations should store all their card puppets in a password protected region? As a manual recruiter, these "reckless" players kinda annoy us if we see hundreds of them while recruiting in a region.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ☢ EMBRACE TOXICITY, EMBRACE CORRUPTION ☢ -----------------------------------------------------------------
.....☣ BE PART OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION ☣................THE CHURCH OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLVED.....................THE AUGMENTATION CLINIC.........................

Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zerphen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am

PhilTech wrote:
Zerphen wrote:That is completely fair and true, but I also think declarations could be a valuable tool that can act as a call to action which is currently underused. I could scream "WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE CARDS PLAYERS" all I want but unless I singlehandedly write a bunch of resolutions to recognize all prolific cards players it won't happen. Alternatively, I can write a declaration like this to inspire other SC authors who might know more prolific cards players and their histories to assist in the effort of writing resolutions to recognize them.

Like whom? Are there any more prolific card players out there worthy of commendations/condemnations? I think we have quite a handful now (who are/were prolific in their game): Koem Kab, 9003, and Destructive Government Economic System to name a few.

Oh and one more thing, can you also include in Article 1 - Nations should store all their card puppets in a password protected region? As a manual recruiter, these "reckless" players kinda annoy us if we see hundreds of them while recruiting in a region.

Reimstagrad is one particular nation I think is worthy of commendation for their card collections. On their main nation they have a few interesting collections like elephants and ID Street but their puppet nations in Riemst have some impressively large collections of nearly every S2 uncommon card, many of the rare cards, and many ultra rare cards.

I might be wrong but I believe Seanat is the person who owns all of the deflation nations? You could probably argue that working against inflation by actively deflating cards is worthy of commendation, and they also have many cool collections as well, such as pink, white, and blue and their collection of many pokemon and anime cards. They do hoard a lot of legendary cards though, but I would be willing to overlook that for the purposes of commendation since I think the reasons for commendation outweigh the reasons for condemnation or lack of recognition.

A few other quick ideas for commendations could be BuccaRuu for their collection of nearly every default flag, and Midlands, Tobixland, or HustlerTwo for reaching top 100 in card value without using any puppets, though I don't know which of them did it first, and it would probably be best to commend the person that did it first rather than all of them for the same reason.

As for condemnations you could condemn Mikeswill for many of the same reasons that Koem Kab was condemned, and its arguably worse with Mikeswill since they are worth double the value of the person in second place, and more than double Koem Kab's value. A few other notable inflators that I know of that may be worth condemning in the future are Fatski land, Apexiala, New Makasta, and Jim the Baptist. When looking at the current auctions I rarely never see one of them inflating some low owner season 2 card to a ridiculous price.

I'm sure I missed many people who are very important in the card trading community or have done impressive feats of collecting or otherwise, which is the main reason I'm writing this resolution. The collective knowledge of every nationstates player knows far more than I ever could about everything everywhere, which is why I am hoping this resolution could inspire some SC authors to recognize the other trading card players that I don't know of.

I will be sure to add your idea to the draft when I get around to making changes, but I don't quite know what the point of making it password locked is. That also gave me the idea that nations should tag their puppet nations with some note like a factbook entry saying who owns it. Too many times have I run into a situation where I'm trying to figure out who owns a puppet and the puppet is sitting in some random region and they have no factbook on who to contact.
Last edited by Zerphen on Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:13 pm

Cards players are extremely underrepresented in the SC for a couple of reasons. 1, cards are still a relatively new aspect of the game. You have to remember, cards were only added back in 2018 compared to every other aspect of NS which are really old in comparison. 2, NS card collecting isn't really noteworthy unless someone has developed some kind of coding or some kind of program that has made huge leaps forward for players.

I myself have never really been a fan of commending or condemning someone based on cards, nor have I been a fan of commending or condemning someone based upon national statistics. I will admit that there may be some reasons in it for C&Cs, but overall no. Also, we shouldn't really be outlining what is and is not C&C-able in a resolution. That should be up to the voters.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zerphen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:42 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:Cards players are extremely underrepresented in the SC for a couple of reasons. 1, cards are still a relatively new aspect of the game. You have to remember, cards were only added back in 2018 compared to every other aspect of NS which are really old in comparison. 2, NS card collecting isn't really noteworthy unless someone has developed some kind of coding or some kind of program that has made huge leaps forward for players.

I myself have never really been a fan of commending or condemning someone based on cards, nor have I been a fan of commending or condemning someone based upon national statistics. I will admit that there may be some reasons in it for C&Cs, but overall no. Also, we shouldn't really be outlining what is and is not C&C-able in a resolution. That should be up to the voters.

I disagree that card collecting alone isn't noteworthy. I think there are collections of cards that take a serious amount of commitment to make. Sure, many collections can be made by simply putting the characteristics you want into a program and bidding on all the cards with those characteristics, but there are many other card collections, like cards with wreaths for example, that you have to actively hunt for. Even then, the ones that don't require active searching still require some effort, like collections of significant volume such as every common card or every default flag.

I understand not wanting to C&C cards players, but personally I think all kinds of gameplay should be valued at least somewhat, and I think cards have been around for long enough that there are a good number of nations that are noteworthy in the scene and worthy of SC recognition.

I agree with your point about not C&Cing nations for their statistics, but I think that misses the point a bit. Artificially inflating the value of cards with the goal of making the number bigger hurts the card trading community because it makes it needlessly harder for aspiring collectors to make their collections. I have run into many cards that I would like to add to my collection but are harshly inflated, and I would likely have to fork over thousands of bank if I ever wanted to get them, and I'm sure many other cards players have had similar experiences. But as you said, we shouldn't C&C nations solely for how much bank they have made or their total market value, and I would oppose any resolution that tried to C&C someone on those grounds.

Also, with respect, isn't a declaration about what should and shouldn't be C&Cable not leaving it to the voters :P?

PhilTech
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby PhilTech » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Zerphen wrote:Reimstagrad is one particular nation I think is worthy of commendation for their card collections. On their main nation they have a few interesting collections like elephants and ID Street but their puppet nations in Riemst have some impressively large collections of nearly every S2 uncommon card, many of the rare cards, and many ultra rare cards.

C&Cing someone based on Art Collection can be very subjective and those worthy of it usually has a sense of awe to them. Personally, I don't find this impressive yet.

I might be wrong but I believe Seanat is the person who owns all of the deflation nations? You could probably argue that working against inflation by actively deflating cards is worthy of commendation, and they also have many cool collections as well, such as pink, white, and blue and their collection of many pokemon and anime cards. They do hoard a lot of legendary cards though, but I would be willing to overlook that for the purposes of commendation since I think the reasons for commendation outweigh the reasons for condemnation or lack of recognition.

Yes, I agree, if that is true then Seanat can be somewhat worthy of commendation but overlooking the hoarding of legendary cards can be a bit tricky. Like you said, Inflation wars can be an angle to look up to.

A few other quick ideas for commendations could be BuccaRuu for their collection of nearly every default flag, and Midlands, Tobixland, or HustlerTwo for reaching top 100 in card value without using any puppets, though I don't know which of them did it first, and it would probably be best to commend the person that did it first rather than all of them for the same reason.

BuccaRuu? Again, very subjective per individual -- very tricky.

As for the other three, I agree with this - it's in fact commendable, but I disagree with commending the first person who did it. In fact, who cares if they did it first? I honestly think, yes I am impressed, but I am still yet to feel a sense of awe. In addition, there is still a rumor behind Midlands and Tobixland that they used some puppets to achieve it. If that is true, then they are already automatically disqualified for this. They are also certainly disqualified if they left behind that endeavor because that is not good impression. The only possible candidate for this could be HustlerTwo whom I am 95% sure that he is being genuine about. Though not there yet but if he keeps up with the pace then he would be a good badge hunting for SC authors somewhere in the future. He has a thread for this btw.

As for condemnations you could condemn Mikeswill for many of the same reasons that Koem Kab was condemned, and its arguably worse with Mikeswill since they are worth double the value of the person in second place, and more than double Koem Kab's value. A few other notable inflators that I know of that may be worth condemning in the future are Fatski land, Apexiala, New Makasta, and Jim the Baptist. When looking at the current auctions I rarely never see one of them inflating some low owner season 2 card to a ridiculous price.

Out of all the Card Collectors, I do think Mikeswill is the most likely to get C&Ced add to the fact that he has some notable feats like being the longest serving WA delegate ever, right? However, yes he has worth double the value than Koem Kab, but Koem Kab already set up a "subjective" standard or something like that. This is like Commend Kindjal vs Condemn Northern Borland/Cashdeer dilemma whereas Kindjal gave an impossible standard for future Issues-players to be C&Ced based solely on stats. What I mean is, I want Mikeswill to do more because I think he can do a lot more. Maybe break the 4 million boundary? 5 million? 10 million? Who knows? :D

I will be sure to add your idea to the draft when I get around to making changes, but I don't quite know what the point of making it password locked is. That also gave me the idea that nations should tag their puppet nations with some note like a factbook entry saying who owns it. Too many times have I run into a situation where I'm trying to figure out who owns a puppet and the puppet is sitting in some random region and they have no factbook on who to contact.

Having your card-puppet region password locked will prevent it from getting featured - isn't that a benefit? And it will also prevent newbie players from joining that region, but I guess that can be mitigated by just adding a WFE that contains their nation identity and such.

But overall, I support this declaration. When season 3 comes, new players might come to the spotlight so this can be very relevant. However, what the others have said, the major weakness in this proposal is that it outlines the do's and don'ts of card collecting and what is C&Cable in Card Collecting and that can restrict nation freedom.

"But in the end that is the purpose WA. Am I wrong? So whoever believes that a proposal should not outline a particular set of rules and etiquette are nothing but a beating heart of hypocrisy."

"In all honesty, who gives a damn? Isn't that what the World Assembly is all about? Creating and outlining glorified rules --- the do's and don'ts --- what is right and what is not right? What is pleasing and what is not? Surely they are created just for the mere eager of dehumanizing me and my Kin...who never get to understand or appreciate the things my people have to go through, the things my people have went through, the things my people 'must' do --- just to survive --- and in the end, all they do is look down upon us like we are nothing but 'Filths". Imbeciles. Hypocrites. Monsters..."

"I have my support in you...brother"
- Head Chembaron
Last edited by PhilTech on Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ☢ EMBRACE TOXICITY, EMBRACE CORRUPTION ☢ -----------------------------------------------------------------
.....☣ BE PART OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION ☣................THE CHURCH OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLVED.....................THE AUGMENTATION CLINIC.........................

Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zerphen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:20 am

I have finished a new draft, and all changes have been listed in a changelog in the original post.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:32 am

PhilTech wrote:Out of all the Card Collectors, I do think Mikeswill is the most likely to get C&Ced add to the fact that he has some notable feats like being the longest serving WA delegate ever, right? However, yes he has worth double the value than Koem Kab, but Koem Kab already set up a "subjective" standard or something like that. This is like Commend Kindjal vs Condemn Northern Borland/Cashdeer dilemma whereas Kindjal gave an impossible standard for future Issues-players to be C&Ced based solely on stats. What I mean is, I want Mikeswill to do more because I think he can do a lot more. Maybe break the 4 million boundary? 5 million? 10 million? Who knows? :D

I'm not interested in cards personally, so not really able to provide proposal feedback, but just want to let possible future draft authors know that commending Mikeswill is a non-starter. People have tried in the past, but he's incredibly strongly opposed to the idea
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:32 am

One of the problems I have with this draft is the use of the words Commendable and Condemnable. Within the SC these are awards for nations or regions that have gone above and beyond, that stand head and shoulders above their contemporaries in whatever NS field of endeavour.

While you say your Articles II and III are focussed within the cards community, you then say in Article V that the SC should recognise nations in said community in concurrence with these guidelines. Yet the actions in Articles II and III are not outstanding, they are commonplace and mundane.

So in one fell swoop you lower the standards by which a nation should be rewarded by the SC. This is not above and beyond, this is dropping the bar so much that an emaciated mouse could jump over it.

Nicely written draft, well laid out, but the content is total tripe.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Zerphen
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zerphen » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:41 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:One of the problems I have with this draft is the use of the words Commendable and Condemnable. Within the SC these are awards for nations or regions that have gone above and beyond, that stand head and shoulders above their contemporaries in whatever NS field of endeavour.

While you say your Articles II and III are focussed within the cards community, you then say in Article V that the SC should recognise nations in said community in concurrence with these guidelines. Yet the actions in Articles II and III are not outstanding, they are commonplace and mundane.

So in one fell swoop you lower the standards by which a nation should be rewarded by the SC. This is not above and beyond, this is dropping the bar so much that an emaciated mouse could jump over it.

Nicely written draft, well laid out, but the content is total tripe.

Taking this criticism into mind, I think I will try to redraft this resolution in a way that focuses more on the etiquette than what should and shouldn't be commendable or condemnable. It seems people aren't too favorable to the idea of specifically outlining some guidelines of what is C&Cable, and a resolution about etiquette should probably focus on the etiquette :P. That being said, I still believe the actions I have outlined could be C&Cable given enough notability, and I imagine a redraft of this resolution that focuses on etiquette could still be used as precedent for C&Cing cards players in the future, regardless of any language about C&Cing. Perhaps that would be better than simply outlining what is C&Cable, since there would still have to be a high level of notability in the actions for them to be considered C&Cable. Or perhaps I am completely wrong about this possibly being used as precedent for C&Cing cards players, and instead it simply ends up being a resolution that outlines card etiquette to guide new cards players to create cool collections and help each other out. Either would be fine with me :D

(On a smaller note, I really like your comment about the emaciated mouse. Mice are very funny)

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:48 am

PhilTech wrote:As for the other three, I agree with this - it's in fact commendable, but I disagree with commending the first person who did it. In fact, who cares if they did it first? I honestly think, yes I am impressed, but I am still yet to feel a sense of awe. In addition, there is still a rumor behind Midlands and Tobixland that they used some puppets to achieve it. If that is true, then they are already automatically disqualified for this. They are also certainly disqualified if they left behind that endeavor because that is not good impression. The only possible candidate for this could be HustlerTwo whom I am 95% sure that he is being genuine about. Though not there yet but if he keeps up with the pace then he would be a good badge hunting for SC authors somewhere in the future. He has a thread for this btw.

Much appreciated! Never expected I'd rate any sort of mention in the SC, positive or negative. And yes, it's genuine. I've only ever had this nation. I doubt I can climb much higher; it's pretty much all puppeteers above me at this point, and there's only so much you can do when you're one against a thousand. But 100 was my goal to see if it could be done, and I even made it to 75 for a time as an added bonus. No matter what happens at this point, it was a successful experiment.

Oh, I support this declaration, for what it's worth.
Last edited by Hustlertwo on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council