NATION

PASSWORD

GENA Legislative Assembly (GENA Members Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

GENA Legislative Assembly (GENA Members Only)

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:47 am

OOC: GENA sign ups: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=519565

IC: The Global Entente of Nations and Alliances, or GENA for short, is the official successor to both the World Assembly, the global governing body, as well as the Global Confederation of Nations. The world needs laws in order to have order, and the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances shall deliver on that promise. Peace can not be obtained through legislation alone, which is why the Legislative Assembly that pertains to the GENA will gladly be able to enforce the legislation as promised.

Any submitted laws are placed into the queue, with those being deemed as a priority being more of a focus. These laws were made by the best of the best and worst of the worst, with each representative from every nation on the behalf of their respective governments focusing on drafting and debating these laws, which require a 60% majority in order to pass onto the World Parliament for full ratification.

Queue of Laws:

Priority System Act by Muqaddasia (Islamic Holy Sites)
Fair Trade Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Alliance Unity Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Environment Act by Aursi
The Military and Peacekeeping Forces Act by Francian Empire
GENA Economic Act by Mammoth city
Former Slave Readjustment Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Refugee Program Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Alliance Political Parties Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Industry, Manufacturing, and Production Act by The Marajarbian Federation (Southeast Marajarbia)
Currency Production and Regulation Act by Trenaka
Journalism Act by Aursi
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Proud Co-Founder of the now-defunct IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC. One of the leaders and co-founders of the newly formed UDAF. Co-Founder of UCA.Now Co-founder of the GCN. Nation based on my Political Views of U.S Democrats/Bernie and Biden, as well as parts of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. Join GENA here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=519565. Some NS stats are indeed canon. ICly, please refer to me as “The Marajarbian Federation” and my citizens as “Marajarbians”. OOCly, call me SM.

News: GENA Dissolved as work on UADC starts/ Marajarbia joins The Pacific Alliance!/TPA likely to hold trade summit between Marajarbia and Janpia!

Aursi
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Aursi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:50 am

Rovman Paul is informed to come to the GENA Legislative Assembly. He came to the Hall after a long journey.

Rovman Paul: "Hello everybody, I'm Rovman Paul. I'll be representating Aursi in the Legislative Parliament of GENA."
Founder and Co-Founder of GENA, GADN and IAD. Member of IHC, MCA and UF
All Hail Aursia.
Freedom, Democracy, Liberty
Aursian Embassy Program
Call me The Aursian Confederation ICly, and OOCly call me Aursi
#NoToWar
Breaking News: The new elected president of Aursi is Calvin Dexter; Voladimir Kormiya faces another blow to his career; Suri Asla of AMP happy with results; Jacob Detterson ashamed; “The people trust me, I trust them” says Calvin.

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:56 am

Aursi wrote:Rovman Paul is informed to come to the GENA Legislative Assembly. He came to the Hall after a long journey.

Rovman Paul: "Hello everybody, I'm Rovman Paul. I'll be representating Aursi in the Legislative Parliament of GENA."

Carl Williams: "Welcome, welcome. The GENA shows potential, now that both the Global Confederation of Nations and Kalisight Treaty Organization have laid the necessary foundations and set the required stage. I believe that the first act should be the following:

Alliance Unity Act (First Draft):
Recognizing the need for further unity in the modern world

I) Shall promote inter-alliance cooperation, primarily by opening up Joint Ambassadorship Programs with the International Humanitarian Coalition and other alliances.

II) Shall work together diplomatically with rival alliances, such as the KTO, primarily via economic methods such as trade between member nations.

III) Shall introduce a series of alliance acquisition and merger reforms, including:

a) A worth-based system, meaning that alliances that have accomplished something big, such as defeating slavers or terrorist groups, will be the first alliances pursued for a potential merger over any other alliance.

b) A democratic merger vote shall take place, both in the alliance that wishes to join and in the official leadership of the GENA, with a 55% majority or more required to have a successful merger.

c) A pre-merger investigation into the merger candidate, which will be tied into the worth-based system.

IV) Shall also introduce and participate in:

a) Inter-Alliance summits or conferences, to discuss the future of both alliances.

b) Sporting events, to gather attention from the entire international community.

V) Will always attempt to ensure that transparency and liberty come first, and that the democratic votes pertaining to the merger candidate are respected, unless situations, such as the end of a slaver crusade or the collapse of a merger candidate are witnessed." said Carl as he took his assigned seat.
Proud Co-Founder of the now-defunct IDSF, SETZA Host Nation, Founder of the CFTC. One of the leaders and co-founders of the newly formed UDAF. Co-Founder of UCA.Now Co-founder of the GCN. Nation based on my Political Views of U.S Democrats/Bernie and Biden, as well as parts of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. Join GENA here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=519565. Some NS stats are indeed canon. ICly, please refer to me as “The Marajarbian Federation” and my citizens as “Marajarbians”. OOCly, call me SM.

News: GENA Dissolved as work on UADC starts/ Marajarbia joins The Pacific Alliance!/TPA likely to hold trade summit between Marajarbia and Janpia!

Biladu Al Rafidayn
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Biladu Al Rafidayn » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:07 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
Aursi wrote:Rovman Paul is informed to come to the GENA Legislative Assembly. He came to the Hall after a long journey.

Carl Williams: "Welcome, welcome. The GENA shows potential, now that both the Global Confederation of Nations and Kalisight Treaty Organization have laid the necessary foundations and set the required stage. I believe that the first act should be the following:

I) Shall promote inter-alliance cooperation, primarily by opening up Joint Ambassadorship Programs with the International Humanitarian Coalition and other alliances.

II) Shall work together diplomatically with rival alliances, such as the KTO, primarily via economic methods such as trade between member nations.

III) Shall introduce a series of alliance acquisition and merger reforms, including:

a) A worth-based system, meaning that alliances that have accomplished something big, such as defeating slavers or terrorist groups, will be the first alliances pursued for a potential merger over any other alliance.

b) A democratic merger vote shall take place, both in the alliance that wishes to join and in the official leadership of the GENA, with a 55% majority or more required to have a successful merger.

c) A pre-merger investigation into the merger candidate, which will be tied into the worth-based system.

a) Inter-Alliance summits or conferences, to discuss the future of both alliances.

b) Sporting events, to gather attention from the entire international community.

V) Will always attempt to ensure that transparency and liberty come first, and that the democratic votes pertaining to the merger candidate are respected, unless situations, such as the end of a slaver crusade or the collapse of a merger candidate are witnessed." said Carl as he took his assigned seat.

“IV a has already been done.”
Alt of Islamic Holy Sites
PROUD FOUNDER OF GLEN!
See my military store!

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:20 am

Biladu Al Rafidayn wrote:

“IV a has already been done.”

Carl Williams: “It ought to be improved. After all, preventing the rise of more complex rivals other than the KTO could be deemed as a priority in order to save and lead the world to a new future.”

Sudindya
Secretary

Founded: Jan 31, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sudindya » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:55 am

Mike Johnson: While I think that participating in sports for our group would be beneficial I don't think this should be a must-do for all our countries. The rest our great people see are necessary and will agree to."

Mets Hayk
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby Mets Hayk » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:05 pm

Enter Alen Mirzoyan, the Armenian Representative to GENA.

"Hello, gentlemen. I am Alen Mirzoyan, the Kingdom of Armenia's appointed representative to GENA."
Kingdom of Armenia
"Armenia will rise evermore."
A greater fatherland.
An Armenian's dream.
A Turk's nightmare.

Armenia News|Grand Alliance seizes control of National Assembly; deposes PM|Anatolia purchase successful|Armenia annexes Azerbaijan and Georgia|Armenia forms the International Humanitarian Coalition

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:16 pm

Mets Hayk wrote:Enter Alen Mirzoyan, the Armenian Representative to GENA.

"Hello, gentlemen. I am Alen Mirzoyan, the Kingdom of Armenia's appointed representative to GENA."

Tom Richards: “Greetings, Representative Mirzoyan. We were just debating on the Alliance Unity Act.”

Francian Empire
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Francian Empire » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:53 pm

The Military and Peacekeeping Forces Act
An act to establish a unified GENA military and peacekeeping force.

- Realizing that, for the sake of our defense and ease of communication between militaries, we must establish a united military force,

Hereby,

1. Creates the Military Forces of the GENA.
a. These forces shall be composed of three main branches: the Air Force, Army, and Navy.
b. More branches may be created by the GENA legislature when needed.
c. These forces must only act on the request of the GENA legislature, by the passing of an act to intervene in a nation or war.
d. Each nation must contribute at least 15,000 troops towards the Military Forces.
e. Military commanders will be appointed by member nations, with each nation getting to appoint an equal number of commanders.
The top leader of the Military Forces shall be the Military Council, made up of appointed generals from member nations. The leader of the Council will be appointed by the GENA legislature every 2 years.

2. Creates the Peacekeeping Forces of the GENA.
a. These forces shall only have land elements, with no aerial or naval components.
b. These forces shall aid war-torn regions, keeping violence at bay to help stabilize regions. They will have full authority to use force to stop violence unless instructed not to by the GENA legislature.
c. The Peacekeeping Forces will be deployed by an act of the GCN legislature, and only by that.
d. Each nation must contribute at least 7,000 troops towards peacekeeping duties.
e. The Peacekeeping Forces shall be led by a Peacekeeping Council, made up of appointed delegates from member nations. The head of the Council will be appointed by the GENA legislature every 2 years.

(OOC: Every time 2 years is mentioned, I mean 2 months OOC.)

IC:

Representative Levesque: “I submit the following act for later discussion.”

Aursi
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Aursi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:35 pm

Francian Empire wrote:
The Military and Peacekeeping Forces Act
An act to establish a unified GENA military and peacekeeping force.

- Realizing that, for the sake of our defense and ease of communication between militaries, we must establish a united military force,

Hereby,

1. Creates the Military Forces of the GENA.
a. These forces shall be composed of three main branches: the Air Force, Army, and Navy.
b. More branches may be created by the GENA legislature when needed.
c. These forces must only act on the request of the GENA legislature, by the passing of an act to intervene in a nation or war.
d. Each nation must contribute at least 15,000 troops towards the Military Forces.
e. Military commanders will be appointed by member nations, with each nation getting to appoint an equal number of commanders.
The top leader of the Military Forces shall be the Military Council, made up of appointed generals from member nations. The leader of the Council will be appointed by the GENA legislature every 2 years.

2. Creates the Peacekeeping Forces of the GENA.
a. These forces shall only have land elements, with no aerial or naval components.
b. These forces shall aid war-torn regions, keeping violence at bay to help stabilize regions. They will have full authority to use force to stop violence unless instructed not to by the GENA legislature.
c. The Peacekeeping Forces will be deployed by an act of the GCN legislature, and only by that.
d. Each nation must contribute at least 7,000 troops towards peacekeeping duties.
e. The Peacekeeping Forces shall be led by a Peacekeeping Council, made up of appointed delegates from member nations. The head of the Council will be appointed by the GENA legislature every 2 years.

(OOC: Every time 2 years is mentioned, I mean 2 months OOC.)

IC:

Representative Levesque: “I submit the following act for later discussion.”

OOC: I think I saw an act like this before.
All Hail Aursia.
Aursian Embassy Program
#NoToWar
Breaking News: The new elected president of Aursi is Calvin Dexter; Voladimir Kormiya faces another blow to his career; Suri Asla of AMP happy with results; Jacob Detterson ashamed; “The people trust me, I trust them” says Calvin.

Biladu Al Rafidayn
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Biladu Al Rafidayn » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:02 am

Biladu Al Rafidayn wrote:“IV a has already been done.”

Carl Williams: “It ought to be improved. After all, preventing the rise of more complex rivals other than the KTO could be deemed as a priority in order to save and lead the world to a new future.”

“How can it be improved?”
PROUD FOUNDER OF GLEN!
See my military store!

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:54 am

“How can it be improved?”

Carl Williams: “Both diplomacy and democracy are things that a majority of the modern world has forgotten. By holding diplomatic summits, either with merger candidates or rival powers, the attempt could be made to calm them down and prevent them from becoming a serious threat.”

Biladu Al Rafidayn
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Biladu Al Rafidayn » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:02 am

Biladu Al Rafidayn wrote:“How can it be improved?”

Carl Williams: “Both diplomacy and democracy are things that a majority of the modern world has forgotten. By holding diplomatic summits, either with merger candidates or rival powers, the attempt could be made to calm them down and prevent them from becoming a serious threat.”

“So inter-alliance diplomatic summits?”
PROUD FOUNDER OF GLEN!
See my military store!

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:40 am

“So inter-alliance diplomatic summits?”

Carl Williams: “Yes”

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:22 am

Sudindya wrote:

Mike Johnson: While I think that participating in sports for our group would be beneficial I don't think this should be a must-do for all our countries. The rest our great people see are necessary and will agree to."

Carl Williams: "Sports and other events are something that the GENA ought to start participating in. Not only does it attract new members as well as funding, but it also improves the GENA's public image in a beneficial manner."

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 05, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mammoth city » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:49 am

The GENA Economic Act (draft)
An Act for the creation of the GENA treasury (GENAT)

I: This act will create a GENA treasury where nations put money for the Alliance to spend.

II: All nations upon entering GENA will be required to put 3% of their annual GDP into the GENA treasury.

a. The amount a nation is required to put in the GENA treasury can changed by a majority vote in the Global Senate.

III: Nations can also put extra into the treasury but may not take it back out.

IV: The alliance can at any point to spend some or all of the money in the treasury with a majority vote in the World Parliament.

V: During the signing of treaties the treaties may include sections that may require the payment of reparations to the GENA treasury.

VI: Exactly 20% of the GENA treasury is automatically reserved to be used by the GENA army (supposing that act passes).
Last edited by Mammoth city on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Signed: President Mark Villano

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:53 am

Mammoth city wrote:The GENA Economic Act (draft)

I: This act will create a GENA treasury where nations put money for the Alliance to spend.

II: All nations upon entering GENA will be required to put 3% of their annual GDP into the GENA treasury.

a. The amount a nation is required to put in the GENA treasury can changed by a majority vote in the Global Senate.

IV: The alliance can at any point to spend some or all of the money in the treasury with a majority vote in the World Parliament.

V: During the signing of treaties the treaties may include sections that may require the payment of reparations to the GENA treasury.

Carl Williams: "The act has been queued. I motion to bring the Alliance Unity Act to a vote, so that the Legislative Assembly can start passing some of these excellent proposals."

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mammoth city » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 am

Mammoth city wrote:The GENA Economic Act (draft)

Carl Williams: "The act has been queued. I motion to bring the Alliance Unity Act to a vote, so that the Legislative Assembly can start passing some of these excellent proposals."

Mark Villano: “I Second”

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:58 am

Mammoth city wrote:

Mark Villano: “I Second”

Carl Williams: "Aye"

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mammoth city » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 am

Mammoth city wrote:Mark Villano: “I Second”

Mark Villano: “ Given I proposed it I don’t know why I am voting but I vote “Aye”.”

Aursi
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Aursi » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 am

Mammoth city wrote:Mark Villano: “I Second”

Rovman Paul: “Aye!”
All Hail Aursia.
Aursian Embassy Program
#NoToWar

Biladu Al Rafidayn
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Biladu Al Rafidayn » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:01 pm

Aursi wrote:

Rovman Paul: “Aye!”

“Aye.”
PROUD FOUNDER OF GLEN!
See my military store!

Aursi
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Aursi » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:02 pm

Mammoth city wrote:

Mark Villano: “ Given I proposed it I don’t know why I am voting but I vote “Aye”.”

Rovman Paul: “I think you're misunderstanding. We are voting on the "Alliance Unity Act". Your act is queued and will be discussed later.”
All Hail Aursia.
Aursian Embassy Program
#NoToWar

Mammoth city
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mammoth city » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:05 pm

Aursi wrote:
Mammoth city wrote:Mark Villano: “ Given I proposed it I don’t know why I am voting but I vote “Aye”.”

Rovman Paul: “I think you're misunderstanding. We are voting on the "Alliance Unity Act". Your act is queued and will be discussed later.”

Mark Villano: “Ah yes still “Aye”, my apologies”

Southeast Marajarbia
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:06 pm

Mammoth city wrote:
Aursi wrote:Rovman Paul: “I think you're misunderstanding. We are voting on the "Alliance Unity Act". Your act is queued and will be discussed later.”

Mark Villano: “Ah yes still “Aye”, my apologies”

Carl Williams: "One more Aye is required to pass the Alliance Unity Act onto the World Parliament for ratification."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates