NATION

PASSWORD

Impostor Destruction Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Moxon
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Impostor Destruction Act

Postby Moxon » Mon May 30, 2022 11:17 am

Certain people have been paranoid of impostors ever since the rise in popularity of Among Us, causing a need for the comfort in the removal of paranoia of said people.

Article I. Anyone suspected of being a serial killer will be thrown in jail.

Article II. Anyone suspected of sabotaging anything from lights to nuclear reactors will be punished based on what they sabotaged and the circumstance in which they sabotaged.

Article III. Any astronaut who has any case against them will go to court.
Last edited by Moxon on Tue May 31, 2022 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harjanika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Harjanika » Mon May 30, 2022 11:21 am

No haha

-------------

Nevermind, I'll vote for this
Last edited by Harjanika on Mon May 30, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do y'all have good signatures, like I need help

Star Republic of Harjanika
Proud XKI Member

Ancaplstan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 11, 2022
Anarchy

Postby Ancaplstan » Mon May 30, 2022 11:27 am

Moxon wrote:Certain people have been paranoid of impostors since the popularity of Amongst Us, causing a need for the comfort and removing the paranoia of said people.
Article I. Anyone with high suspect of being a serial killer will be thrown in jail.

Artice II. Anyone suspected of sabatoging anything from lights to nuclear recators will be punished based on what they sabatoged.

Article III. Any astronaut who has any suspect against them will go to the court room.

Following new legislation in nationstates people get ejected for being sus.

>autgoritarianism +15.6%

>law enforcement +45.6%

>death rate +3.4%

>lifespan -1.0%

>civil rights -0.78%

>crime -127%

>nudity -7%

>black markets -18%
Last edited by Ancaplstan on Mon May 30, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon May 30, 2022 11:35 am

Opposed due to Article I. The impostor is, however, sus. Amogus.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 30, 2022 11:37 am

Tinhampton wrote:Opposed due to Article I. The impostor is, however, sus. Amogus.

Your argument so horrendously unsupported and defies all logic and reasoning. All are sus unless Big Brother says otherwise. Support.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Bolestaia
Civilian

Founded: Apr 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolestaia » Mon May 30, 2022 11:37 am

Beautiful.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 30, 2022 11:46 am

Moxon wrote:Certain people have been paranoid of impostors since the popularity of Amongst Us, causing a need for the comfort and removing the paranoia of said people.
Article I. Anyone with high suspect of being a serial killer will be thrown in jail.

Artice II. Anyone suspected of sabatoging anything from lights to nuclear recators will be punished based on what they sabatoged.

Article III. Any astronaut who has any suspect against them will go to the court room.

However, in all seriousness, if you want to make this an actual joke proposal, you should fix the grammatical and spelling errors and post it in the Joke Proposal thread.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

Moxon
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Moxon » Mon May 30, 2022 11:50 am

The Orwell Society wrote:

However, in all seriousness, if you want to make this an actual joke proposal, you should fix the grammatical and spelling errors and post it in the Joke Proposal thread.

Fixed all spellling errors I could find.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 30, 2022 11:58 am

Certain people have been paranoid of impostors ever since the rise in popularity of Among Us, causing a need for the comfort in the removal of paranoia of said people.

Article II. Anyone suspected of sabotaging anything from lights to nuclear reactors will be punished based on what they sabotaged and the circumstance in which they sabotaged.

Copy and paste the above into the OP. All missed spelling and grammatical errors have been fixed, and I added a few things to make it clear and easily readable. I can help with formatting, too, if you want.
The Orwell Society

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Mon May 30, 2022 12:05 pm

I suspect that this bill is indeed sus.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Moxon
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Moxon » Mon May 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Copy and paste the above into the OP. All missed spelling and grammatical errors have been fixed, and I added a few things to make it clear and easily readable. I can help with formatting, too, if you want.

How do I post it to the OP?

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 30, 2022 12:14 pm

Moxon wrote:

How do I post it to the OP?

Edit your first post. There is a edit button right next to the quote button on your OP (original post). Copy and paste my edited version and replace your old version.
The Orwell Society

Moxon
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Moxon » Mon May 30, 2022 12:17 pm

Moxon wrote:How do I post it to the OP?

Edit your first post. There is a edit button right next to the quote button on your OP (original post). Copy and paste my edited version and replace your old version.

Okay, done, now what do I do next?

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 30, 2022 12:19 pm

Moxon wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Edit your first post. There is a edit button right next to the quote button on your OP (original post). Copy and paste my edited version and replace your old version.

Okay, done, now what do I do next?

Put [JOKE] in the title
The Orwell Society

Moxon
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Moxon » Mon May 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Moxon wrote:Okay, done, now what do I do next?

Put [JOKE] in the title

Done. What's next?
EDIT: I realized that this is supposed to be a WA Proposal, and not a regular topic...
Last edited by Moxon on Mon May 30, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Mon May 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Moxon wrote:Certain people have been paranoid of impostors ever since the rise in popularity of Among Us, causing a need for the comfort in the removal of paranoia of said people.

“Support. It is common for anyone sabotaging the smooth authoritative reign of her highness to be severely punished anyways. :clap:
-Ms. Charlotte Schafer, WA Ambassador for the Clevesian Empire
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

Barfleur
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Tue May 31, 2022 2:13 pm

"In Barfleur, the people have a natural revulsion towards 'throw[ing]' people in jail awaiting trial. Were this resolution to pass, would it be permissible for us instead to gently place the suspect in jail, without causing them to move quickly through the air or towards the ground?"
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Princess Rainbow Sparkles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Rainbow Sparkles » Tue May 31, 2022 2:20 pm

Barfleur wrote:"In Barfleur, the people have a natural revulsion towards 'throw[ing]' people in jail awaiting trial. Were this resolution to pass, would it be permissible for us instead to gently place the suspect in jail, without causing them to move quickly through the air or towards the ground?"

The law is what the law says. When this passes, all suspected killers must be thrown. No exceptions shall be made for national preference, or vulnerable bones.
Last edited by Princess Rainbow Sparkles on Tue May 31, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 pm

Unabashedly in support
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

An Impostor
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 03, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby An Impostor » Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 pm

Against.

Eggraria
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggraria » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:23 am

An Impostor wrote:Against.