NATION

PASSWORD

Wounded Hearts [Closed/ATTN: Mystria]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:56 pm

(OoC: Co-written with Rohane Alista)

Glacia found herself at the base of a mountain; certainly far away from the forest she was walking in earlier. She didn’t know how she found her way here, but it seemed to be a compulsion; maybe the instincts that becoming a dragon gave her? … wait, she remembered this place… this was that mountain where they had fought before, wasn’t it?

“So you came back,” a gruff voice sounded from above her, masculine and somehow youthful and old at the same time. “Did you have a good time, Glacia? You know this place is where you go to fight, yet again?”

“Huh?” Glacia looked around, “Vlad, is that you? I guess I finally caught up to you…”

“Look up, Glacia,” the voice sounded again, though it was closer this time as a heavily scarred man descended to her level. “I guess you did. Was it worth it?”

Glacia looked up and saw him, letting out a sigh, “You know… I think it was, Vlad. I… had to think about a lot about my life up to this point, why it led me up to this point, and why I risked it all on that ritual…”

“Mmm, and none of them got it quite right, did they? It wasn’t power, or self-doubt, at least not on their own, was it?” Vlad crossed his arms, his eyes softly glowing red. “No, no, those are just contributing pieces, of course, aren’t they?”

“That’s right,” Glacia looked to the side and sighed, “I’ve always viewed myself as being unremarkable and not worth all the praise I receive. I get that it’s silly, but I wouldn’t want to become a dragon just for reasons such as to get power or having some pride in myself. Really, I think I did it maybe so I could understand you better? Perhaps I can help more if I understood myself the struggle you went through…”

“To understand my struggles and help me more, hmm?” Vlad began laughing, a hollow, grating sound that echoed around the mountain like some strange acoustic hall of mirrors. “No, no, Glacia; this was to help yourself! Not via power, or to minimize self-doubt, but because you’re a hero deep down inside. You need to be a hero, it’s who you are, even when people don’t want one! Well, Glacia, when we met the first time, do you remember what happened?”

“U-um…” Glacia felt a chill down her spine as Vlad spoke in that way, “... you mean in the cave, where we talked that first time? Or… what happened here, at this mountain?”

"Oooh, good question. I meant the cave, but we'll get to the mountain, don't you worry," Vlad replied. "In that cave, do you remember my first ever request to you?"

Glacia was trembling slightly, “You… wanted to be left alone, didn’t you?”

"I wanted to be left alone!" He replied, just barely not yelling. "I needed to rest, and not be bothered, and what did you do instead?"

“I… offered help,” Glacia said slowly, “I was worried about you, so I wanted to see if I could help you…”

"You wanted to be a hero," Vlad said. "Do you remember what happened at the mountain, next?" He continued, his eyes slowly turning black.

“W-well, I arrived with the others, and you were… being taken over by the Void… we needed to stop you from hurting anyone else…”

"And you almost killed me, of course," Vlad laughed again. "Oh, I understand, of course. A hero is allowed to kill! That's why they're the hero of their story! But say, did you even for a moment wonder why I seemed to be so so ready to fall?"

“U-um…” Glacia was used to figuring out all the answers, but this one she had nothing for. “... I guess I… didn’t?”

"Well, you see, I was under so very much stress from trying to stave off a certain hero that it took just one… little… push…" Vlad smirked, his eyes fully black now. "Maybe I should even thank you! Your hero complex sure worked out for me in the end! And now it's looking like it might just kill you. I wonder what will happen to the real me if you die here?"

“Wh-what do you mean by that?” Glacia gasped; she was completely unaware of what was even going on outside of this dream, even the actual transformation of her body seemed to be done with her being unaware of it.

"Frankly, I don't know anything more than you," Vlad replied. "I'm a little more real than the others, but not that influential. But come on, you're the smart one. What would happen to me if you died, right now, because of the ritual you made me do on you?"

“I… I imagine he’d be distraught,” Glacia said, “He was really worried during it for my safety… I know he’s been teaching me for some time now, but I guess I never really realized how much that would affect him…”

"But you wanted to save me more, didn't you?" Vlad replied, and one of his eyes was turning blue as he sighed. "Your hero complex… these risks you take, your determination to be the savior… you just keep hurting me, Glacia. Without even meaning to."

“What!? No, no, no, I never wanted to do that!” Glacia backed up slightly, “You listened to my silly problems, we talked and found we had a lot in common, you taught me lots of things. I would never want to hurt you…”

"We did, didn't we? And then you refused every chance I gave you not to do this to me, to yourself, to us, so… if it wasn't to be a hero, why did you do it, then? Because from here it looks like all that really matters is how much you're saving someone, and I'm your long term pet project…" Vlad said.

“That’s because…” Glacia let out a long sigh… she had been hiding this, keeping it secret from everyone, but most of all, herself. She couldn’t deny how she felt any longer, it was going to kill her at this rate if she didn’t confess. “... it’s because, Vlad, I’ve… I’ve…” She frowned, before looking at him straight in the eyes, even if this wasn’t the real him, it felt real all the same… “I’ve fallen for you, Vlad. I’m in love. I want to be with you… and I don’t even know if you even feel remotely the same way about me…”

There was a period of silence until Vlad let out a long breath. "So it really was to be closer to me, but not to help me. It was because you needed this, hmm?... and you didn't think it was something we should've known going in?" He sighed, walking over to Glacia. "Well… at least you're being honest now. You know what needs to happen, right?"

“I… need to talk to you, don’t I?” Glacia said, her voice quivering; she actually seemed to be even more afraid now. “I… I was just so scared that I would confess it and you would reject me, that I buried that feeling deep within me. But… I can’t keep trying to pretend these feelings don’t exist. I need to tell you about them.”

"That's right," Vlad said, his eyes turning totally blue as he nodded, a small smile on his face. "For what it's worth, we both know he- I- would be an idiot to reject someone who has put so much care into helping me. But you're a bit of an idiot for being so damn afraid of it, Goddess of Affection."

“It is quite silly, isn’t it?” Glacia giggled, the first time in what seemed like ages. “I shouldn’t be scared of love, it’s a key part of affection, after all. Okay, the first thing I’ll do when I wake up is to find you and tell you how I really feel! Whether you reciprocate or not, I can’t keep this bottled up anymore, and we can move on with what happens! … but forgive me, Vlad, for being a little selfish for once… I really do hope you do feel the same way. You won’t regret it!”

"Oh, don't worry about that," Vlad said, offering her his hand as he started up the mountain. "You're pretty selfish with me anyways, I hardly mind," he laughed. "But… be prepared. I think… I might be in a little trouble."

Glacia, after a moment, took the hand, blushing a bit, “... you are? … then I have to help! After all…” a feeling in her flared up, and she actually seemed to realize what this truly meant, “... you’re mine... erm, s-sorry, I mean… you will be!”

Vlad laughed, a genuine laugh that sounded like he should this time. "Oh, please, I like that. Just be careful about it around Narris, or there will be… competition," he led her up all the way to the destroyed platform on the mountain, before looking her in the eyes. "Listen… I know this has been rough, but I think you're better prepared now. Usually they say the hero gets the girl, but… this time, be the hero who gets the guy, ok? Now go, and protect what's yours."

Glacia’s grey eyes seemed to have a spark in them, not the golden ones she had when Skathi’s soul was in her, but rather a hint of a light blue, “Right. I must protect what’s mine, what I love…” she saw that the world around her was fading away to black, before Vlad himself was the only thing left. “... and I’ll tell you. No more hiding, no more doubt. I know who I am, and what I want. And I want you…” as Vlad also faded away, Glacia found herself drifting away from the dream, as she opened her eyes…
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 pm

Written with Dyste, Silverdale, Glaristant, and Malgrave

Vlad watched the now familiar coast of Silverdale quickly slip past underneath him, heading south at alarming speed. It would still be at least a few hours before he reached the cabin, but he was going to get there come hell or winter, and one of those was a real threat. His golden wings beat harder against the air as he passed over more and more of Silverdale, forward, always closer to the person… no, the woman that he needed to see. The woman he needed to check on, to be sure of. A woman he would never forgive himself over if she didn't recover.

As Vlad flew over Silverdale, the antarctic winds picked up around him, almost as they seemed to get more intense as he drew near. When he had gotten to the expanse of the Wilderness that the cabin was located in, he could see the reason why; Talva was sitting in a clearing a short distance away from where Glacia would be. She didn’t seem to notice Vlad, but nevertheless the winds grew harsher, as a blizzard set in.

Vlad frowned, a terrifying look for such a huge dragon, and ignored the woman on the ground, pushing through the winds even as they slowed and buffeted him. Slowly he drifted lower, the sound of his wings echoing over the area as he moved for the cabin, even as he began to lightly shiver.

While Vlad tried his best to ignore Talva, it appeared that the goatwoman had certainly noticed him, as the blizzard grew harsher, pushing him downward as chunks of hail pelted his scales. “You… why have you returned, dragon?! Haven’t you done enough to hurt her!?

He didn't respond, but set down on the ground, Talva between him and the cabin. He slowly trudged forward, the hail bouncing off of his scales as the winds slowly pushed him sideways. Still, he seemed undeterred and focused on only one thing, where Glacia was.

Answer me, dragon!” Vlad could barely even see Talva, or really much of anything in this blizzard, but glowing red eyes could be seen through them, though her tone sounded more pained and anguished than anything, “Haven’t you done enough to hurt her, after all she did for you!?

Vlad grunted as a large hailstone slammed against his head, closing his eyes as he continued to push forward. "I have to. I have to make sure she's alright," he finally answered to Talva even as he stumbled again.

This wouldn’t have happened if you never got involved in her life,” Talva cried out; the silhouette of her in the blizzard seemed to be clutching her head, “And yet, she always defended you staying with her, always tried to look out for you,” the winds got more intense as the hail grew larger and more numerous around Vlad, “... why!? Why are you two like this…

This finally stopped Vlad moving forward as he looked at Talva, even the blizzard unable to hide the doubt in his eyes. "I cannot answer for Glacia's decisions, Talva," he said slowly, shivering in the cold. "She's just that… good of a person. Worry not, if she doesn't want me in her life anymore, I will leave. But I must first be sure… I must be sure she's alright."

That’s…” The blizzard seemed to simmer down as Talva was more visible, tears in her eyes, “I… just wanted to protect her… we didn’t get to see each other for most of my life…” her eyes turned black, “And now… I might’ve lost her forever… because of this…” the blizzard started up again, more intense than ever, centered straight on Vlad as the temperature dropped further, “Why did this have to happen!? Why did she do this!?

Vlad roared in pain as the cold washed over him, nearly forcing him to his knees as he shifted into humanoid form, snow piling up around him. "I don't know! I can only hope…" He stopped, casting a quick spell that almost immediately failed. "Talva, please! At least let me see her just… once more! I need… to tell her… something…" He groaned out, falling to his knees this time, supporting himself on his right hand. "Please…"

Talva let out a pained scream first, “I can’t… I can’t stop… please… Mom… somebody…” She said as she began dropping more hail in Vlad’s direction…

Only as a figure went through the blizzard and blocked the hail. Looking up, Vlad could see a dragon, smaller than he was in his form, but more graceful in appearance, with light blue scales with a silvery sheen to them. They seemed to shield Vlad from any of the attacks, before they spoke, “Stop this right now. Talva, you know better than this; you are better than this…

Talva’s eyes turned back to their softer red as she blinked, the blizzard weakening as she looked at the new dragon.

"Is that…" Vlad looked up, shivering, desperation in his eyes. "Please, Glacia, tell me you're fine. Tell me I didn't fuck this all up…"

The dragon looked down at Vlad, “I’m… sorry, Vlad… I didn’t expect that to be as hard on me as it was…

Talva meanwhile looked at the two, “No, you can’t be… what is happening…”

"But you're fine, right? You're not hurt, you're not dying, you aren't… you're still yourself, right?" Vlad asked, slowly standing. "Glacia… I have so many things to say to you, but first… next time I say no, listen to me!"

... that’s fair,” Glacia said back, setting down to give Vlad a small hug, one that appeared to heal some of the damage done, “I… feel fine, Vlad. Better than I have in a long time…

“But you… you can’t be Mom,” Talva said, shaking, “I… I don’t believe it…” her eyes started to glow red again.

... I can prove it.” Glacia said, noticing the others arriving from the cabin. “Vlad, do you trust me?

"I trusted you enough to do this whole ritual, right?" Vlad replied with a small sigh, but also a growing smile. "Whatever it is you need me to do, I'll do it."

... just stay back, Glacia said, “I’ll deal with this,” she said as she lunged forward at Talva!

“No! Stop!” Talva yelled, trying to defend herself with her ice magic… before finding herself being hugged, “Wh-what…?”

Talva. Listen to me… I’m sorry. This was my mistake, I shouldn’t have done it,” Glacia said, with a few tears down her face, “... but I understand now. If you have a problem, something that you are struggling with, don’t try to deal with it on your own. There are always those willing to help you, to stand by you in order to give you the support you need, who care for you, perhaps even… love you… don’t push them away, don’t try and pretend you don’t need them, don’t try and act tough… let them in, let like help you…

"I'm not sure if that's advice for her or yourself," Vlad said softly, giving the two the space Glacia had asked for. "... or for me. Glacia, when you're done, I have something to tell you."

... maybe it’s advice for all of us,” Glacia said calmly, “When I was recovering, I had to reflect on how I got to this point, and why all of this happened to me, and that’s the conclusion I reached, thanks to…” she looked over at the others approaching, led by Alvis, as she had a smile, “Everyone… Talva, you don’t want this to control your life, make you a monster like you have tried your whole life to avoid… you’re better than that, I know you are. We all do, right? So please… let us help you, too…

Talva’s eyes turned fully back to normal, as she too began to weep, “I’m… I’m sorry, Mom… I… I’ve tried so hard to not be like that…” she fell to her knees as she sobbed.

... it’s okay, I’ll help however I can…” the dragon disappeared, as Glacia appeared once more as her elven self, with a soft smile. “... sorry for making you worry, everyone… I’m… okay now.”

“You have no idea how much of a relief that is to hear,” Vlad said, still hanging back, unable or unwilling to close the distance even as he saw the others getting closer and closer out of the corner of his eye. “Glacia, I… I’m so sorry. For this, for… for the heist, for everything that my presence has led to for you, but I wouldn’t take back a single moment of it. I hope you’re ok with me staying around, because this is my home now, and I don’t think I can abandon it.”

Glacia let out a familiar giggle, “Oh, come on, I wouldn’t trade it for anything; you have made my life so much more fun! It’s been a real joy having you around, and I want you as a part of it!”

“Glacia…” Alvis gasped as he went forward, “... next time can you please warn us when doing something so rash? If you have a problem, we can support you.”

“... right,” Glacia sighed. “... sorry for worrying everyone…”

“Sorry?” A familiar voice of a fox woman came as she approached the group. “Glacia… Talva… Can you both come here? I want you both to feel… Well how much pain I went through after everything. Okay?”

“Yuki?” Glacia walked slowly forward to the foxkin. Talva, on the other hand, seemed to be unwilling to follow, until Glacia took her hand to bring her forward. “... I deserve whatever it is, I know…”

Yuki let out a sigh. “Well then, when you did not tell us what happened and left you unconscious, and another went out of her way to attack… you know how that feels? Well…” In a heartbeat, she flashed to deliver both of them a forceful magical punch that sent the two flying backgrounds! It didn’t do much damage, but it hurt like a painful sting. “Like that! Seriously what the HELL! I’m your best friend Glacia! I literally did much to help you but geez! I thought we shared a lot… And you Talva? You’re a queen! Not some crazed villain. Haven’t you thought about doing something better than attacking your own family? Both of you, you should be ashamed of yourself. As that punch is what you gave ALL OF US.”

“Oww…” Glacia rubbed her cheek, “... okay, yeah, you’re right, cuddlefox… next time I’ll talk to you about it… I shouldn’t drag you down with my own problems…”

Talva meanwhile just stayed put, unwilling to speak any more in her own shame. Bubble went over in order to console her sister.

"That was a bit harsh, Yuki. Still, I suppose it's not unwarranted. At any rate, sorry for being late but a certain great wyrm gave me the slip on the way here. Took a bit to catch back up." Bellowed the voice of Narris, the sound of wings flapping as she descended several feet behind Yuki. She quickly transformed back into her elven form before moving to Glacia's side. She gave her a pat on the shoulder as she spoke in a reassuring tone, "It's less that you shouldn't drag us into your own problems Glacia, so much as it is ye need to think before ye act. Especially given how much we care for ye…..That also be saying nothing of ye dragging a certain husband of mine into yer little idea…."

“It is… but it feels… wrong to see someone disappear when I trusted them so much… It’s… awful.” Yuki then offered up a hug for the elf.

Glacia hugged Yuki, “Sorry, cuddlefox… you’re my best friend, and… I never wanted any of you to have to go through this. I thought it’d go more smoothly like it did for Alv…”

“You know what they say about assumptions, Glacia,” Rosario said, the neko having finally rested from her earlier dreamwalking session, “It’s good to see that you’ve finally recovered but I hope that this experience amongst other adventures have proven that seeking support and guidance from others isn’t a sign of weakness but one of strength,” the neko added as she offered Glacia a hug, “I’ll also admit that I didn’t expect this to be the way in which I was introduced to the new people in your life.”

Glacia hugged Rosario, petting the neko’s ears, “Yeah, you’re right; I got your message about that alright… oh! … heh, I suppose you haven’t actually met Vlad in person yet, or Narris,” she blushed. “They’ve been living in my realm… at first to help them recover from some incidents of their own, but I’ve just gotten used to having them around, and, well…” she giggled.

“I shouldn’t be surprised knowing your tendency to attract strays to your cuddle circle,” Rosario replied, “...even if I have heard rumours that these newcomers have been persuading you to get involved in heists? I have to say that I was a little surprised at that, especially as you didn’t invite me! You know that I have taken part in quite a few successful heists in my time incl....well I don’t think I am allowed to talk about that operation but you get the point,” the neko said lightly prodding the elf, “I’ll definitely be staying by your side in the future to ensure that you don’t enter into these hijinks unprepared.”

“I don’t intend on doing heists all the time, y’know,” Glacia sighed, “... but okay, I’ll keep that in mind if I ever do that again… geez, I suppose my lil’realm is gonna be even busier at this rate, huh?”

“You’ll definitely be seeing more of me in the future, Glacia. I’ll even bring along some sweet treats that my dad taught me to make, ” Rosario said.

Rosario then turned to face Vladimir and Narris, the neko bowing in the traditional Malgravean fashion before she spoke, “Vladimir and Narris I presume? I am Rosario Caivano but you can just call me Rosie, it is a pleasure to meet more of Glacia’s friends even if I do feel obliged to say that I’ll become quite the yandere kitten if you end up harming her.”

Vlad barely spared a glance for the catwoman, his attention bouncing between Glacia and Narris, though he did give her a brief glance. He frowned a bit, but soon his face had returned to a small smile as he watched Glacia interact with the people who cared about her, even as he maintained his distance.

“Sis!” Shield rushed over to embrace her elven sister. “Y-You’re finally awake! I… I was worried that you’d be gone or… well become something else.”

Glacia gave her sister a hug, “C’mon, sis, you know I’ll always be me, no matter what… honestly I feel like having Skathi in my head was more of a change to me than anything this did, aside from having a bit of a craving for raw meat,” she giggled. “But don’t worry, I’m still your sister, okay?”

Shield gave a small sigh. “True… but it was… strange and normal in those days when Skathi was inside you.” She then shook her head. Sure it was usual back then, but Shield knew Glacia with Skathi for all her life. “But nevermind, I hope you are my sister and we’ll be together from here on out.”

“Of course, always, sis!” Glacia patted her sister’s head, “I’m still your sister, and we’ll still be together, helping people and having fun. Besides, it’s not like I’m suddenly not an elfie anymore, my powers will see to that!”

“Sometimes you can be too clever for your own good,” Alvis sighed, “But also really dense on other things. Don’t you think so, Narris? … you probably figured it out already, haven’t you?”

"Oh trust me, he be one of the densest dragons around, particularly when it comes to matters of love. Though...it seems Glaci might not be too far off…" Narris joked, giving a nod at Alvis's remark, "Aye, I have had it figured it out for a while, now. Honestly, do ye two need me to spell it out to you?"

"No," Vlad sighed. "I don't, at least. Narris, I… feel like scum, but the longer this has gone on, the more my heart has felt like it was torn up and stomped on. Just… even if you know, that doesn't mean you're OK with it…"

"Admittedly, I wasn't okay with it at first…." Narris sighed, shaking her head, "But ..a little talk with a certain queen made me realize that I couldn't stand in the way of you two being happy. Doing so would just make things worse for all three of us, so that be why I am willing to accept it….provided ye don't forget about our ties Vlad."

"I will never forget you or our family," Vlad replied with a borderline snarl before taking a deep breath. "No, Narris, never. I would make any kind of oath you want to that effect. I would never… hurt you like that. Thank you, my bondmate… Glacia," he turned now to her. "I… we need to talk."

“... yes, we do…” Glacia walked forward towards the dragon. “I… don’t normally get like this, but… this is special, even for me… you’ve made such a big impact on me, on us, ever since you arrived… and… well…”

Vlad seemed rooted in place, his face going through a hundred emotions as Glacia walked towards him. "Right back at you," he joked feebly. "... no, you deserve better. Glacia, I didn't want to admit to myself, much less anyone else, but I didn't do that ritual on you because you needed something. I did it because I wanted you to be happy… because I…" He trailed off, though he slowly lifted his arms as if to welcome her.

“And I…” Glacia moved faster towards him, “I wanted to do it because… I wanted to understand you better, your pain and struggles, for something to bond over and be connected…” she managed to make it to him, after what felt like ages, and embraced him. “Because I love you…”

Vlad's arms closed around her, pulling her tight against him as his voice became softer. "I love you, too," he leaned up and kissed her.

“... it’s just silly of both of us, isn’t it?” Glacia returned the kiss. “I just don’t know what’s more silly, that people like us fell in love, or that it took something like this to make us realize it… I should’ve just been able to tell you, Vlad… but… I just couldn’t believe it… or that you’d love me back…”

"And I'm the greatest emotional idiot in history," Vlad replied, unable to suppress a smile. "Apparently I should have figured this out before today, but better late than never. Just… I do love you back, so can we not do things that will make me worry like this in the future?"

“Alright, Vlad,” Glacia winked, “... personally, I’m a bigger fan of doing more light, fun adventures anyways. There’s so much we could see and do here, and, well, we’ll all have the time to do it, won’t we?”

"The rest of eternity, should you wish it, but I want to start… now," Vlad replied, wings bursting out of his back as he started to lift them both airborne. He looked at Narris, and the rest, and beamed. "Well, we'll be back soon-ish. For now, you'll live without us, right? Good," he continued, not waiting for an answer.

“Sorry, but we really do need to figure this all out,” Glacia giggled, “We’ll have a lot of stuff to do, but for once… I get to be a little selfish! I don’t always need to be the heroine saving the day, after all, I can just sometimes do something for me! … but don’t worry, I’ll see you all soon!”

Vlad continued to lift them, giving Glacia a smile as they rose. "Ok, wyrmling, it's about time you learned to really fly…"

Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Goat Ending

Postby Legokiller » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:08 pm

OOC: Collab with Dyste
Outside of the Cottage

After the heartfelt reunion of Glacia and Vladmir went off, Bubble felt conflicted after the whole event. She stood in the snowy fields, trying to process what length their mother went to reach here. If she’d repeat this if she fell in love with a demon or any other being. Yet she halted her mind as she walked over to her dear sister Talva. “Oh by the gods… Sister?” She approached the goat to check if she was alright.

Talva sat by the cottage, looking at the ground, “... leave me be, sister. I nearly caused a great disaster, all because I couldn’t control myself… I’m not suited to be part of this family…”

“I… I understand.” Bubble came closer and offered a hug. “Even I feel so frustrated right now that I want to loosen up and unleash my fury upon a few imbeciles… This is something similar to when I almost lost myself… But you shouldn’t blame yourself and isolate yourself from our family… I know our mother acted strange, but I think I might’ve understood her slightly.”

Talva hugged her twin sister, “I’ve… tried to live my life in a way where I wouldn’t harm anyone. I don’t want my demonic heritage to define me, and cause problems for Mom…” she sighed, “... understood her? What do you mean?”

“If she went so far as to transform into a dragon to truly love Vladmir, then would Glacia do the same for a demon?” Bubble asked. “Granted, the secrets of demonic transformation is a dangerous art that isn’t well understood and I doubt Glacia would risk it.””

“Um, I would hope not,” Talva said, “Mom only really did this because she had been feeling out of things, but even she understands the problems we’ve dealt with… Bubble, can I ask you something? … how do you deal with it? The… other half of you?”

Bubble took a small breath. “A path of balance, and use of the mind and spirit had awakened me to see many things. Even my inner nature and those around me. Of course… I had to see what side of my other half and confront it in its origin… I remember that we embraced each other and despoiled many enemies. Yet also recognize each other and reach a form of enlightenment… Or so to speak. Again, it wasn’t easy as I said. The origin realm was the fiendish world of hell itself.”

“Enlightenment… in hell!?” Talva gasped. “I… I had no idea, Bubble… but at the same point, perhaps I need to find a path myself in order to live with this. Something I also talked about doing with Cori and Snow was letting that part of me out sometimes, instead of it being forced out like that, but… I’m not sure if it’s safe to do that, either…”

“Part of the discovery of the origin and link is to confront other demons who desired to corrupt me in a sense.” Bubble elaborated. “It was difficult to be honest. Have to use my entire psychic to face down those physically strong. Of course… let it out? Hmm… Well your mind does speak to release what your soul cries out… Perhaps if I show my other self… Ahem, well I imagine this could help. At least explore what your other side needs at times. But there is something required to ground yourself while you explore it.”

“Something required?” Talva seemed to have mostly regained her composure as she sat with Bubble, “What sort of thing is required, sister?”

“The dark call is dangerous, but a reminder of what you loved, cared for, and another side that reminds you to return to a state of balance or normalcy.” Bubble said.

“O-oh, I see,” Talva said. “Well, there are many things I love; my children, my parents, Snow, Cori, Lady Avala, the frost giants, you and my other siblings…” she shook her head, “... I can’t leave my family, Bubble. Not again. I need you to help keep me… me. … oh, and baked treats too, I also love them!”

“Look, I’m here for you Talva.” She cuddled up on her sister. “We can slow down now… Nothing to rush.”

“Th-thanks, sis…” Talva hugged her back. “... I’m sorry I didn’t come to you sooner about this. I thought… I had this under control…”

“Illusion of control is the greatest mind trick. All to deny what occurred when one acts their desire within my dear sister.” Bubble said. “It’s alright… Now, I suppose I should loosen myself up.”

“I’ll… keep that in mind, sister,” Talva said. “And we can both support Mom with this, hopefully… um, loosen up?”

“To not restrain myself and be open to my demon side.” Bubble said.

“I-if you’re willing to do that, perhaps I should do so as well,” Talva smiled awkwardly, “It’s part of who we are, after all, not something to be afraid or ashamed of, right?”

“After what we've been through, let’s not shun away from it.” Bubble replied with a soft smile. “Are you ready?”

“Of course, sister,” Talva took her hands, “It won’t be easy, but we have people to support us, like Mom did.”

“Right…” Bubble held onto Talva’s hand and closed her eyes. As she muttered a few words, her eyes opened as they shifted into pale-ish white pupils and her lips perked up into joy. “Tee-hee… Well well, are you ready to showcase yourself crushy blushy?”

Talva herself concentrated as parts of her white fur turned black, as her iris became yellow, her red iris became more slitted, “Hmph, I suppose I can do this sometime… as long as I have people to kneel before me.” Her mind immediately turned to Cori, which seemed to help keep herself in check. “Now then, shall we?”

“Oh like this?” Bubble gave a playful kneel to Talva! “Heheh, well there’s enough people to do that! Now let’s go!”

Talva smirked, feeling more at ease and more confidence in herself than she had at any point in her life! This felt… liberating, in a sense. But what sort of life would this end up being for her, she had to wonder? … no matter, that was for another time. For now, she would stop hiding and suppressing half of herself.
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:47 pm

OoC: Collab with RA

Cori nursed a cup of coffee, staring at the dark liquid and seeing himself reflected. He swirled the cup a bit, watching the ripples distort the image and pursing his lips. As he watched the small waves bounce back and forth he spoke to the only other person in the house. “It’s kind of funny, how even a small choice can make all the difference and change things, huh? I sometimes wonder, if I had never let myself be egged into going into that gods damned hardware store…”

“... you’d be stuck with whatever your parents wanted you to do?” Saya said, sitting down with a huge plate of food, “Come to think of it, what if you didn’t take that job with the Jarlsberg Institute? You won’t have met Talva, or Mishy, or me.”

“That was someone else’s choice, to be fair,” Cori snorted, finally drinking some of his coffee. “If it had been up to me at the time, I woulda refused, it sounded like lots of paperwork! That would have been the dumbest decision I’ve ever made, don’t you think?”

“Oh, undoubtedly,” Saya snorted, “Could you imagine if Starsha Saber was the Silverdalean representative instead? She might’ve been the one to end up the Knight Captain of the Queen instead of you!”

“Please don’t put that on my head,” Cori shivered. “I mean, what kind of Knight Captain would she be? Not as good of one as me, clearly!... Well, not that I feel like I’ve been doing a bang-up job recently. Or maybe too bang-up…”

“Good thing you don’t have to worry about that happening,” Saya chuckled, “But I guess I’m partially to blame for derailing your plans, huh? Then again, with the state you’re in, you’d hardly be able to stop me, let alone Vlad if you actually did try to arrest him.”

“I was hoping he would come willingly,” Cori laughed, groaning softly as he grabbed his side. “Damn, that one’s gonna hurt for awhile. Saya, you do know I can’t just stay here, right? I mean, I’m really enjoying spending time with you again, but I have children and a family I won’t just leave. You know exactly why I can’t.”

“Well, of course,” Saya sighed, “You need to be a better parent than your own ones were, after all. If you weren’t, I couldn’t forgive you for falling into the same problems they did.”

“I couldn’t forgive myself,” Cori nodded. “You still hold me to a high standard though, don’t you? I don’t think I ever said it, but you did make me a much better person in the end.”

“I can’t take all the credit,” Saya retorted, “Talva and your sister, and Mishy too, they helped you out. But if I did leave a good impact on you, at least I did something worthwhile during that whole expedition.”

Cori stood, crossing the table and giving Saya a hug. “They did, but they never even would have had the chance if it weren’t for you. I mean it, Saya, you made me a better person, and gave me the ability to grow even better than that. I feel like I owe a lot of people a lot of stuff, but I might owe you the most…”

Saya hugged him back, “I guess so… I still felt bad about all that, y’know? Wasn’t enough Riko was there to make things even more stressful,” she rolled her eyes as she sat back in her seat, “... you know, I always kept tabs on you ever since then? I always knew where you were, what you were doing. Perks of being a ninja, you know? And I… was just too scared to go see you.”

“You were watching me?” Cori asked as he leaned against the counter. “Like, even during the Winter War?... Oh tell me you don’t know about the Yeti incident…”

“Well, not always directly watching, just whenever I got intel about the Arctic Knights, I would check it, and then for the Royal Knights… hm, Yeti incident?” Saya looked curious.

“Don’t worry about it,” Cori shook his head. “Suffice to say I lost my favorite pair of boots that day. It’s kind of touching you were keeping an eye on me, but I really wish you’d just said something, y’know? We could have avoided years of… this!”

“I was too worried you’d be mad at me,” Saya pouted, “... which of course would happen anyways since I didn’t talk to you and all that… but we both have our duties now, right? You’re the queen’s head knight and lover, and I’m the next head of Clan Dragonlover.”

“So it’s decided?” Cori sighed, then went quiet for a moment. “Saya… why not move to the Silverdale clan? We can… you can meet the kids, we can be closer, you won’t be abandoning your job and I won’t have to leave mine if I ever want to see you…”

“I can’t exactly move, Cori, the main base is here,” Saya said. “... but I could use Great-Grandma’s teleportation network to go to Silverdale easier whenever I wanted to see you. In case you forgot, I am from one of the two biggest mage families in Silverdale!”

“I meant more, like… well, fine, it’s better than nothing,” Cori replied. “But if you’re the head, why not change the main base? I mean, whoever would tell you no already lost the authority!... Yes, I know it sounds desperate.”

“... Cori.” Saya said sternly. “Regardless of whatever else you may think of me, I am a Dystan loyalist first and foremost. I refuse to leave. Sorry, but that’s one thing I’m not willing to budge on. I gave you my offer, and it’s more than I would give most people in this position.”

Cori sighed, again, this one more resigned. “I know, but I had to try, if just to tell myself I didn’t leave my cards on the table. I’ll take what I can get, you know that, just… promise to come and visit regularly, alright? No more of this seven years crap. From either of us!”

“... yeah, you’re right,” Saya leaned back, “I’ve had enough of dealing in secrets for a lifetime with that. In turn, I will ask you… when you’re ready, please talk with Talva some more about her issues? She’s likely in anguish about what happened.”

“I will, I was always going to,” Cori replied. “Really, I should go back and do it now, but I… ugh. She didn’t do it on purpose, but still, it’s a little different now. I hate this fuckin’ feeling, like I’m… I don’t even know the words.”

Saya frowned, walking up to Cori, “Hey… remember when she stood up for you in front of your parents? Remember when she was willing to give you a chance nobody else would? She let you be the father of her children, Cori. If anybody deserves a chance to explain herself, it’s her… more than I deserve, at least.”

Cori looked away from Saya, his hand running through his hair. “I know, and I intend to talk with her about it! I do, alright? She deserves it, I want to believe I deserve it, too, and I can’t just let this fester. But not yet, alright?”

“Of course not yet,” Saya winked, “I’m not done with you yet, and you need to heal up first anyways. In the meantime, would you like to have a proper tour of my hometown? It’s the least I can do…”

“You know, that sounds nice,” Cori nodded, giving Saya a small smile. “I’ve never gotten to see a real ninja village before. I don’t really count the ninja theme park place down in Silverdale…”

“Oh, you’d be surprised,” Saya winked, “Not everything is how it appears…” she took Cori’s arm to help him up, “If you see a fox pretending to be a cat, just pretend she’s not there!”

“Yes, I know all about her,” Cori laughed, looping his arm with Saya’s. “Don’t worry, I do remember how to have a date with you, Saya!”
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Written with Dyste

Cori stood in a winter coat, deep in Silverdale's wilderness, holding a dull stone in his hand. He sighed as he slipped it into his pocket, next picking up a sword by the hilt… well, half of one, at least; it seemed to have snapped right in half at some point. It was with another sigh he slashed the remains of the scimitar through the air. "Seven years… seven years I had this sword, and it's destroyed…"

“It’s terrible when a favourite weapon is wrecked like that, huh?” A voice said from nearby. “My old favourite weapon broke during a heist, and I later had to take up a whole new weapon…” a red-dragon elven man arrived. “... hello, Cori.”

"Alvis," Cori replied, running a finger across the broken blade. "It was a bit more than just a favorite. There are… a lot of things I attached to this sword. Emotionally, I mean. Things I can never get back."

“Ah…” Alvis let out a sigh, his breath showing a slight amount of fire within, “I understand all too well the idea… it’s what you cherish in your life. I… happen to be connected to the idea, you know. Is it too far gone to be repaired?”

"Yeah, probably," Corrinym turned, showing Alvis a blade with a jagged split right in the middle, and a few hairline cracks descending towards the hilt. "I mean, I'm not an expert smith, but that's pretty extensive. Even if it can be fixed, it's probably cheaper to buy a new one…"

“Hmm… I’m not sure about that… I happen to know an expert smith who might be able to work with it,” Alvis said, looking it over. “... but I’m not just talking about the sword, you know. Those things you can never get back… are you sure about that?”

"Well, yeah," Cori sighed. "I mean, some I can. Something can be salvaged in some of these cases, but… one of those things is my family, Alvis, and not the one I have now."

“Ah, that…” Alvis looked away, “I heard about that… listen, I won’t ask you to try and mend that, but with the family you have now, I want to make sure you can keep that. I’d be a pretty poor god if I didn’t try to help, wouldn’t I?”

"It's kind of my fault this all happened in the first place, so you don't really owe me anything," Cori replied. "My prayer was what caused the location to leak, and then… oh, look at that," the man leant over, coming up with a book that was clearly soaked through. "... destroyed."

“No, I’m just as much to blame,” Alvis shook his head, “I should’ve brought in more people. I was just… scared to try and bring too many people into the loop, as it were… did you say your prayer?”

"Uh, yeah?" Cori mumbled, flipping through the book and finding each page ruined. "I prayed to you, and then Bubble did… Bubble things, and used that to locate you, the cabin, this whole place. Why?"

“Just… still getting used to that,” Alvis smirked, “I know I’ve only been a demigod for a few years, and, well… possibly more than that now. But if it really worked like that, I suppose you really do have a lot of faith in me, huh?”

"Well, I believe in your ideals, at least," Cori nodded. "And I know you will enough to believe you mean it all. So, yeah, I guess I do have faith in you… and repaid it with all of this. Ugh, I knew this would happen eventually…"

“You did this because you wanted to protect Talva, didn’t you?” Alvis asked.

"Help her, at least, then protect her during the fighting, even though she definitely started it," the magus nodded as he responded. "Don't tell her I said that. If anyone should, it should be me."

“I see… Cori, even though Talva was in the wrong here, I can’t fault you for wanting to protect her. She means a lot to you, doesn’t she?” Alvis said, closing his eyes.

"I love her, a lot," Cori snapped the book shut and looked at Alvis, settling into a frown. "A lot, so much so that I intend to still do everything I can to help her even after all this. Don't try and talk me out of it, either, it's already what I've decided, once I… find my courage."

“I’m not going to do that, Cori,” Alvis shook his head, “You are already quite courageous, I believe. And if you need a little more courage, perhaps I can give you something that can help you.”

"I should probably stay sober, Alvis," Cori laughed at his own joke, a short one. "But thanks for not telling me I shouldn't. I would've done it anyways, eventually."

“Heh, I know there’s no stopping you there, nor would I tell you to stop. But… how would you like my guidance going forward? If what happened to me that day is really what I think, I should be able to grant you a special boon.”

"Well, I'm praying to you anyways, might as well accept the response when it's offered," Cori said. "Is this like, special advice? A direct line to the head honcho?"

“Heh, pretty much,” Alvis smirked, “I mean, there’s a lot of followers I could’ve offered this to, but, well… most of them would probably use it to tell me how attractive I am or something like that. I’d rather have this gift given to someone who follows me because they believe in my ideals, y’know?”

"Uh, sure, that makes sense," Cori sounded doubtful but shrugged. "I can still tell you you're handsome if you want, but I'm sorry to say I don't swing that way, Alvis."

“I think I can live with that,” Alvis laughed, before putting a hand on Cori’s shoulder, “So, Corinnym Wyrmheart. Do you accept this responsibility from the Red Dragon of Cherishment?”

Cori felt like the electricity he was so tied to tingled behind his eyes for the few moments before he answered, and he found that the words both felt like exactly what he meant and not him at all. "I do, my lord, for as long as it may please you."

"Very well,” a fiery aura surrounded Alvis as he could feel a fraction of his power being transferred over to Cori, the electricity mingled with the flames. “... how you do feel, my herald?”

Cori didn't respond at first, his golden eyes filling with fire and flashing red, then seeming like they filled with electricity and settled into an amber hue. It was hard to describe the feeling coming over him; he burned, but it was pleasant and friendly and loving, and it blended with the electricity to make him feel strong. Finally, he spoke, awed. "I feel like… I feel like all the fog on my thoughts is gone. A certainty of purpose I've always lacked, and power… to protect, to build... this is amazing!"

Alvis’s own eyes flashed red with a fiery gaze, “Excellent, my herald. Now, you hold the power of my own will within you. Regardless of any hardships you might have, I believe you’ll have what it takes in order to see it through. Now, then, do you feel like you can fulfill what you need to do?”

"Alvis," Cori replied slowly as he looked at his own hands, watching as it seemed like magic slowly moved through them. "I can. And what I need to do first is return to Talva and my family. They need me, and I need them. There… is no more doubt in my mind that I will do what it takes to provide and protect… gods, I feel like I was always meant for this."

“Well, now you can, because I’ll be watching out for you,” Alvis smiled, “It’s the least I can do for someone who had such faith in me. And… I’ll try to talk things over with Vlad, too, to see if I can help mend things there. If nothing else, this whole experience reminded me how much we need to support those we care about.”

"Thank you, Alvis, truly," Cori smiled at him, seeming taller and healthier than he had merely moments ago. "Please forgive me, though. I have to go. My children have been without their father too long over this mess, and Talva and Mishera both deserve a chance to speak with me yesterday."

“Oh, by all means,” Alvis patted Cori on the back, before taking the old sword and spellbook, “If you don’t mind, I’ll see if I can get these fixed up for you. If not, well, I know how to get good replacements.”

"Thanks, Alvis. If you can't fix them, that's fine, I need to focus on what I can do, even if that means starting over. I know I won't be alone, at least," Cori smiled, closing his eyes. "Time to burn that last bit of magic. See you later, man," the magus added as he teleported away.

“See you later,” Alvis waved him off, before going back to his contemplation; so this was the power he showed that day, wasn’t it? Perhaps he should ask Glacia if the Warrior Trinity needed a fifth member, the name already made little sense with four of them…

Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 pm

OOC: Collab with Rohane Alista

Cori took a deep breath as he stepped into the palace by one of the secret doors. He could have just strolled into the front door, it's not like anyone was going to try and stop him, but he didn't want to deal with the crowds, the maids and other knights, and he had one more person to speak to before Talva. If nothing else, he needed to let his wife know he was alive before it became a problem. He figured she of all people would have some way of knowing he was now moving through a secret passage that connected to a hall near where the children had their rooms, as he emerged into the main hallway.

As Cori moved down the hallway, there came one little boop on his neck. “Oh there!” A laugh came as Mishera stood behind him with a cart nearby filled with ‘welcome home’ goodies. All with chocolates, a fancy china coffee cup with an ioun red stone that floated around, and an assortment of creams and sugar. “I thought you’d sneak away.” She winked. “Nah, welcome home dear.”

Cori jumped slightly, spinning on his heels as his hand flew to his chest. "Oh, Alvis'- Mishera, you scared the hells out of me. You're so sneaky, I don't… wait, you prepared all of that for me?"

“Eeyup. I figured you’d return around this time of hour.” Mishera chuckled as she poured the coffee into a fine mug. “Now how did your latest mission went?”

"Uh… awful, but also alright," Cori said, wrapping Mishera up in a hug from behind. "I'll tell you all about it when you promise not to freak out, alright?"

“Hmm?” Mishera raised an eyebrow. “Oh how bad? I hope no one turned you into a mouse.”

"Not quite that bad," Cori replied, resting his head against hers. "No, I… broke a rib, and some other stuff… when there was a major incident."

Mishera frowned a little as she escorted Cori into their bedroom. Cart in toll. “Major incident?”

"You promised, right? Not to freak out?" Cori pressed the point again. "I don't mind if you're upset at me, but… just, promise first, ok?"

“Oh come on. I know Shana made a few big ‘try to hide’ her crazy incidents. So I won’t freak out.” Mishera said. Although it was mostly a ‘half-truth’ on that part.

"When we reached the cabin where Glacia was… Talva lost all control. I had to shift into dragon form just to catch up, and there was a fight… honestly, I don't recall all of it. That Vlad guy was there, and Flora and then near the end a bunch of people showed up, but it's kind of blurry. Uh… I do remember what happened to me though. It seemed life Vlad wasn't actually trying to really hurt me, but Talva… it was an accident!" Cori squeezed Mishera slightly. "For just a moment I got caught in her blizzard and… it hurt."

“Then Master Talva decided to hurt you after a loss of control…” Mishera muttered. As if to process what happened and then snapped her finger. “So, she didn’t mean to or lost all sense of magic? To be perfectly honest, I doubt a master of ice magic would easily risk spell fatigue or…is there something I’m missing?”

"I think… she should get the chance to tell you that herself," Cori said. "I promise you, it was an accident. She healed me, at least as much as she could. Actually, the reason I'm not with her now is… I left, of my own will. I was upset, and…" Cori sighed, hugging Mishera more. "It doesn't matter. I'm fine now, see? I got home just fine!"

Mishera hugged Cori, unsure of what to do at first. She sniffled before an idea came to her mind. “Well…. I think master Talva needs a small lesson. Don’t worry Corry, I’ll talk with Talva about this.”

"That's actually what I was worried about," Cori replied, then chuckled softly. "Just no knives, alright? Don't make me fight you, I'll lose. But there was a bit more, too. Things you should know."

“Pff, there won’t be any knives at all.” Mishera chuckled. “But I do want to speak with Master Talva and make sure she isn’t up to harm her poor Cori over… well you know.” She then added. “It does sound rather uncharacteristic of her, and I wanna make sure if there aren't any other issues as well.”

"Yeah, that's… I don't believe at all she intends to harm me, Mishy," Cori said, pulling a little apart to look her in the eyes. "But she deserves the chance to tell you herself. I fully intend to continue to stay with her, if she'll have me. Any doubts I had about that are gone, as are my doubts about telling you everything I can," Cori said, lifting his left hand, where suddenly appeared a pair of red dragons, joining to form a heart, made of fire and electricity. "Including this. Mishera… I met Alvis on my way home. He chose me."

“No way….Alvis chose you of all people? W-Why? Are you a shining knight or big daddy dragon?” Mishera asked.

"Both?" Cori laughed, letting the symbol fade away. "Apparently my attempts to uphold his ideals, even in… less than ideal circumstances… impressed him. But I think it was also because he… wanted to help. Help me be the best protector and father I could be. And I… he gave me the chance to refuse but I accepted. Mishera, you're part of why; I want to do better, be better for you, and Ali, and Koza and Soey… Talva, even Saya…"

“Golly… That is amazing… But you’re as good as you are Cori… If a bit strong headed.” Mishera said.

"No reason to wonder where Koza got it from, huh?" Cori smiled at Mishera. "But even if I'm good, I can be better. I know I promised this already, but I want to repeat it now: Mishera, if you ever need anything, from a shoulder to lean on, to someone who loves you no matter what, to someone to fight by your side… that will be me."

“Why thank you…” Mishera blushed up. “I… Well I do want to fight for you as well… You know so the weight won’t overwhelm you.”

"Love, you do more than enough, but if I ever run into real trouble, I'll let you know. Promise," Cori replied, smiling wider at her blush. "But really, if it weren't for your help, I'm sure I would've gone crazy by now, so don't discount yourself. Speaking of… how are you?"

“Alien to be honest.” Mishera let out a small sigh. As to open up herself. “I know that Talva was supposed to plan for one of her big holidays, but instead… After she left the children were confused and Snow found herself in lonely nights. Otherwise my work was a-okay. Had to do a little ninja work as well, you know.”

“Always a need for you there, Mishy, you’re one of, if not the best for a reason,” Cori smirked. “... I’m really sorry about the kids and such… I’m not sure how, but I intend to make it up to them, and you. I do have some money stored away, we could take a holiday… a proper one, I mean. No missions.”

“Finally… A good holiday.” Mishera said. “Look, if Talva is alright, we can bring her too so Koza and Soey won’t be left out as well. Unless you want it to be between us. No family trip?”

“Oh, uh… which do you prefer, Mishy? Family or no? I’m happy either way, as long as you get to relax and I get to spend time with the people I love!” Cori replied.

“You know… Given what master Talva likely faced… From what you said from the accident… She might need a treat as well. Something to ease off any guilt, alongside you as well. So a family is quite big. Otherwise, a smaller personal one for us is good as well.” Mishera then paused. “Although… I think you know the answer, given you’re blessed by Alvis.”

“I can only imagine Alvis shaking his head if I left out part of the family,” Cori snorted. “You’re right, as always, love. I’ll talk to her about it too, then. But no matter what, I am taking time off to spend with you, alright?”

“Sounds good!” Mishera chuckled. “Now, you wanna rest up my dear?”

“If you don’t mind, yes. I’ve been to the Wilderness, I’ve been to a divine realm, and Dyste, and back to the Wilderness, and I’m exhausted. And cold,” Cori added the last part as almost an afterthought. “It’s a good thing the solution to all of that is in one place, isn’t it, love?”

“Indeed it is!” Mishera said.
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:35 pm

Written with Silverdale

A slight snow was falling as Vlad observed the destroyed parts of a forest where not so long ago he had nearly died, making him thankful for the gift from Tynah, some kind of enchanted blanket that warded the cold even better than his spells did. He sighed, sitting on a branch, knowing if he waited long enough, a certain warden of the Wilderness would likely come pay him a visit.

The green elven maiden waltz across the old battleground of ‘the greatest mishaps ever.’ All to see and make sure the saplings and creatures would have a better chance in the springtime after an untimely demise. Despite all of this, she worried if her mishap adventure into evil once was shared by this strange dragon man. Why would Glacia love him so greatly after all this time?

“Oh, you’re here at least! I hope you didn’t get lost in the forest.” Nelvana giggled. “Of course… Perhaps this form isn’t suitable. Perhaps an honest form is needed?”

Vlad raised an eyebrow, looking down on his new guest from the branch, shaking his head and sighing softly. "You were expecting me sooner, then. Apologies, I've had… much going on. Take whatever form you like, but I hope the conversation will be honest, so if that changes your decision…"

The form of the elf was enveloped by a wave of petals and snow until the true form of Nelvana appeared. An elegant and massive winged unicorn, an alicorn, with a mane that flowed like the southern lights, and a coat of pinkish-red. Her emerald eyes examined the man as she spoke up. “Then I shall reintroduce myself. I am Aurora, former queen and founder of Silverdale, and one of the last of the druids of an age long passed. I was Glacia’s former liege, and one who raised her to what you see. Nelvana is a creation for our love, but it’s far inappropriate to speak as her in this moment.”

"Allow me to greet you properly in turn for the first time," Vlad replied, standing as he shed the blanket and jumped to the ground. Aurora currently towered over him, but he seemed unphased. "I am Vladimir l'Brises, remnant of a world long since forgotten, and a time before much of time… I have been a king, via marriage, a hero and a villain, but most accurately, I am a dragon and a warrior. I suppose perhaps you, alone of all I've met so far, might understand the emotion of remembering a past that even its survivors have forgotten? And maybe that means you'll understand why I've said and done some of the things I have."

“The burden of the past and its memories, that is likely.” Aurora replied. “I’ve kept secrets and truths that even others don’t understand out of necessity. I am one of the few in this world who understands metamorphosis to become an alicorn, as what my mother did to me. Although it’s a kept secret and not used lightly. Although I must admit: I do wonder why you transformed both Alvis and Glacia into their new forms.”

“The secret to metamorphosis into a dragon is dangerous and not used lightly," Vlad parroted her own words back at her, then sighed and shook his head. "Alvis, that was because he had the soul of a dragon already, just like I did when I did this ritual to myself. Even stronger, actually, it was impressive. Glacia… is my fault, but after months of telling her no, I suppose she finally just wore me down. I… I felt like I owed her, and she was insistent on it, even up to the very moment we started I was asking her to reconsider. Still, I should never have agreed. Your doubtless anger is not unearned.”

“Because you loved her, and you wanted someone similar?” Aurora asked. “I know Glacia wanted me to have an experience far freed from the combines of rulership and… well two legs for one.” She smiled. “Perhaps more something as yourself as a dragon?”

"Well, I do love her," Vladimir confirmed. "But I already had a wonderful dragoness in the form of Narris, and my first wife, long since gone, was a kitsune, so I don't think it was about her being the same as me. No, I think… I think I couldn't bear to disappoint someone I loved, even as I refused to acknowledge my feelings. I wanted her to have what she wanted…"

“Given how persistent this question is, she earnestly wanted this experience with you as love. I do express my disagreement on what length Glacia took to reach it and the lack of self-confidence in herself showed from my captivity. Despite my efforts: it’d have taken more time to address and heal her troubles. None of this continuous beg for a power then earn it.” Aurora admitted. “Regardless, our dear elf will need care more than ever. I have faith she’d behave herself in the near future. Hopefully.”

“It wasn’t your decision to make,” Vlad pointed out, frowning slightly. “I can’t pretend to know her as well as you, I’m proud, not stupid, but… I will take care of my dragoness, and more importantly, my love. I have ideas for things we can do that should be less dangerous, but still… well, you don’t need to know. You have my word that I’ll take care of her, if that’s what you wanted. Emotionally and otherwise.”

“Don’t need to know?” Aurora shook her head. “I prefer honesty for those who intend to love my wife. I must remind you that Glacia does have a family, children, a husband, friends, and others who looked upon her dearly. What occurred was a portion of those people who showed up and displayed their pain in front of everyone’s eyes. All without the knowledge of the truth or what happened until the end.”

“I am well aware,” Vlad’s frown grew deeper. “And yet none of them ever did much to really help her, did they? I’m hardly perfect, I have my own regrets about all of this, but I intend to respect Glacia’s choices. It doesn’t seem like most of those who say they love her feel the same.”

“It’s complicated.” Aurora frowned. “Even as I was unfreezed from Garyx’s prison by Glacia five years ago, there were many wounds that Alvis must have faced from my disappearance, and the full nature of the Skathi and Glacia is quite complex. It’s to see your once former knights became mudded from your disappearance and transformed is much to take in. That being said: we cannot blame anyone here for who didn’t do enough. Right now I want Glacia to grow better outside of this, and I want to know she’s in good hands.”

“That wasn’t directed at you in specific,” the man sighed. “It was more of an observation on the people around her in general… and the point was that you, and I, and everyone else, need to respect her decisions on these matters. She might be as a spring chicken compared to you or I, but she’s an adult, one I love, I’ll add, capable of her making her own choices. If she’s decided she wants to be in my hands… then I’ll do my damndest to make sure it was the best choice she ever made. Ever.”

“You’re aware that not everyone would respect Glacia’s decisions on such matters.” Aurora then looked at the man. “But if you aim to create a satisfied love with Glacia, I must ask, what do you intend to make it true?”

“Those who wouldn’t respect her decisions aren’t worthy of her time, in my opinion,” Vlad snorted, pausing to think. “I suppose it depends on what, exactly, you mean by that. What actions will I take? Will I change myself? Or what assurances am I willing to make to you?”

“I desire to learn what lengths you’d take and better yourself for Glacia. Sure, it may ease my concerns, but I ask this to see if this would be for the best for Glacia.” Aurora said.

“Then you’ll have to wait and see,” he responded with a shake of his head. “It’s nothing against you, I mean it. I’m just experienced enough to know I can’t tell you what changes I might undergo in the next five, ten, fifty, thousand years… after all, I’ve changed so much in the last five that I don’t think the old me would recognize myself,” he smiled softly. “All I can promise you is that I love her, and I don’t intend to let anything at all change that, and if that’s not good enough for you, then… well, you don’t need to approve, but I want you to. She cares about your opinion, after all.”

Aurora thought for a moment. As if to examine the times Vladimir was present alongside Glacia from the best to worst times. At that moment, she sighed as she looked at Vladmir with a stern look. “You ask for a leap of faith then… Very well… You’ve done well to improve Glacia’s wellbeing. I do want her to be safe, and the decisions she made are well enough for… well not anymore to fight amongst the people who cared for her.”

“Believe me, I think some of her decisions were shit too,” Vlad replied with a roll of his eyes. “I’m not nearly as forgiving as her. I never would have let someone like me move into the Divine Springs, if the situations were reversed, but she did, and… it worked out. Overall, her life is better, and so is mine.”

“Why of course.” Aurora winked. “I apologize if I was harsh, but I’ve to keep an eye on those she’d include in the family.”

“Mmm,” Vlad hummed. “I don’t think that’s true. I think you’re afraid you’re losing her as she gets older and changes. That this new guy represents an existential threat to what’s already there. For what it’s worth, I don’t know how it’ll go, but I think if she had to make a shortlist of people she loved, you’d be above me.”

“She had grown older and changed when we reunited after most of a century. After we reunited, we got married!” Aurora chuckled. “If anything I’d worry that Glacia might feel that if another lover came to me or Alvis got envious of my interactions with her. That I am freed from my queenship. As for myself… I am worried that I’d lose her? Hmm, perhaps in a sense. Thankfully she wasn’t eaten by literally Garyx when she invited her into the Divine Springs.”

"Uh… right," Vlad seemed to be unsure how to reply to any of this, taking a moment to think. "Anyways… I wasn't actually waiting to talk about Glacia. I mean, it had to happen, and I have no problem asserting that I really do love her, but I actually came to apologize," he said, surveying the damaged parts of the forest. "Most of that is my fault… and I really am sorry about that."

“It’s rather unfortunate. I do remember these saplings not long ago and the few students here I brought to these woods… Oh this battle and what I went to stop it… But it’ll be repaired by next spring.”

"Well, not just the battle, but also… that," Vlad pointed nearer to the cabin, where some trees were entirely withered, black and shriveled. "When the ritual was happening, Glacia nearly… I needed more magic and life energy. So I took some from the forest. Sorry."

“You know: my first instinct when I gazed upon the poor site is that a necromancer came and drained life nearby.” Aurora remarked. “It is quite uncanny that this happened. That said… I shall accept your apology.”

"I am not a necromancer," Vlad insisted, then breathed through his nose. "Thanks for accepting that. I know it doesn't exactly make up for it, but… well, I think you understand wanting Glacia around… and I'll try and help if I can. Not exactly the greenest thumb, but I can try?"

“Hm? The arts of the druidic is one I bare its secrets.” Aurora approached the first of the tree. “That being said: the life in the tree is long gone, and the husk must be removed.”

"Right, I can help pull them out," Vlad offered, assuming his dragon form in a clear area, leaning his head down to Nelvana's level. "I mean, if that helps? I… can make a demiplane where you could grow replacement trees, too, if you need. I figure I owe some kind of effort on this, since it's my fault, and I'd rather be on good terms…"

“You’d go the extra mile to raise whole spruce and fir trees? You know that is quite much my dear.” Aurora admitted.

"Well, it's only right," Vlad replied, a small bit of fire licking at his nostrils. "I did the damage, and I recall trees are very difficult to replace. Plus, maybe it'll make Glacia happy if I make you happy? If so, I'd do it in a moment."

“A moment?” Aurora looked curious at first. “Then go ahead then. I know that reverse of this foreign magic and its effect in the microbiome is enough to restore as it is.”

"Er, that means without hesitation in Izumi… I sometimes forget sayings don't transfer," Vlad blinked, swiftly removing the trees and turning back into his humanoid shape. "I can't reverse my magic, I think, so a demiplane to accelerate the growth of replacement trees will hopefully do," he muttered, concentrating for a long while. Sooner than perhaps expected, a small portal appeared in front of the two, and Vlad wiped his brow. "Time sped up, positive energy, enhanced nature magic, demiplane, just for you. I have no way to make it permanent, sadly…"

“Then allow my magic to add in this and we shall return with full grown trees in no time.” Aurora said.

"Sounds good," Vlad nodded, walking through the portal. In some ways, it barely seemed they had even left; the demiplane was itself snowy and filled with trees, though they were subtly different than the ones outside, and the snow was only on the ground, not in the air. He waited for Aurora to join him, taking a deep breath of the life affirming air, then waved a hand. "I doubt these are what you needed, but if you want them, go ahead. Otherwise, you're the tree expert here. Tell me what I can do."

Aurora took a deep breath as she listened to the trees and the stance of their health. All the while the winds and green and reddish light energy flew from the goddess to connect with nature as a whole. “Aah.” She mourned out as dews of honey and energy was poured into the planets to strengthen them, and nourish them. “They’ve known the seasons, but a true sun and a world without its controlled environment they weren’t prepared for. I’ve blessed them with the necessary sugars, strength, and energy to survive the wild outside.”

"... wow, that's kinda… wild," Vlad blinked as he watched the druidic magic take hold. "So they're good for transplanting now, right?"

“Yes.” Aurora said. “Now I have a few spells to ease the labor for the holes that need to be dug and refilled. That may save some time from a good wash.” She teased.

"That would be appreciated," Vlad nodded. "I can carry them, of course. If nothing else, I'm pretty strong in dragon form… though still not as much as Alvis. Wonder how he does it…"

“Your mass, muscular strength, and experience may be enough to face my knightley dragon man. He seemed to change from his sluggish combat style into a champion once again.” Aurora commented. “Oh and an enlarged size as well.”

"Oh, we've sparred a lot," Vlad said, shifting back into his dragon form, ready to grab the trees as Aurora prepared them. "He's getting better rapidly, but I still beat him every time. Honestly, though… I'm proud of him. And I how you don't mind that I've become part of their lives… lots of people have made it very clear they think I should leave again," the dragon sighed, a loud rumbling noise.

“And there are enough people who made it clear that they want you to stay. I can speak with Kyara to clarify on a few matters as she was misled, and was harmed from the whole affair.” Aurora said.

"I still intend to talk with her myself," Vlad admitted. "I'm finding it difficult to drum up the bravery. Still, I managed to talk to you… and there is one more topic I want to talk about. Make sure to clear the air."

“You’d find such a topic to be obvious.” Aurora then spoke up. “While Talva was able to restore a form of self from what her demonic nature tried to take hold fully, this whole ‘put her down like an animal’ troubles me. This whole ‘dragon madness’ that you spoke of.”

“I want to be clear that it wasn’t my desired solution either,” Vlad said, looking Aurora in the eye. “And I’m very glad indeed that she was able to recover from her condition. But… do you know anything at all about Dragon Madness? It’s alright if you don’t, but I need to make sure we’re on the same page here.”

“The closet from what I may gather is a state of uncontrollable violence and destruction. Of course there is more to it, yes?” Aurora asked.

“Of course,” Vlad replied, still looking her directly in the eyes, his a light, almost icy blue, and then he blinked, and they were a deep crimson, like blood and fire. He blinked again and the effect was gone. “You saw that? It’s an effect of the madness coming on. I can control it more than most, but even I can’t pretend to have perfect mastery. When a dragon overexerts themselves for too long, or becomes significantly mentally unbalanced, the madness creeps up on them. Most barely recognize it’s happening, as far as I can tell, I certainly didn’t, back… when I came closest to losing myself to it. It turns a dragon, any dragon, even the nicest, most loving ones, into… rampaging monsters, tyrants, psychotic beasts who exist only to control or destroy, depending on their nature. And it comes in stages; when it’s yet to fully dominate one, when there’s still flashes of self-awareness, the right kind of care from the right people can save them, but… but once they give in fully, and utilize their power with no regard for those around them…”

“Once a dragon fell into this madness it’d become seemingly irreversible. Is that correct?” Aurora asked.

"Completely irreversible once they're fully gone," Vlad confirmed. "There's no option left but to kill them for everyone else’s safety. It… just so you understand how very, very deeply I care about this, how much effort and time I've put in, the Madness took my mother, and… I was the one who put her down."

“Termination? I am sorry for your lost Vlad. It is quite frightening to see that what you loved disappeared and might be unable to be helped.” Aurora said.

"I didn't even realize it was her until after," Vlad replied bitterly. "But it had to happen. She was a monster, killing innocents, rampaging across the world I found her in… so when I tell you that I never wished that fate on Talva, and was only warning all there what the worst might be, that you'll believe me. And that if it had come to it… if it ever comes to it… for Talva, or if my family produces a truly mad dragon… I'll handle it. Just know it was always the last resort."

“I doubt Talva would’ve been irreversible like dragon madness. There are differences between one demon and dragon, but there are similarities in a sense. However, given that there is the risk of mental instability, it is possible to help care for the being and support them that would help prevent such an occurrence. As a better upbringing or methods to deal with these problems in a healthy manner.” Aurora said.

"You're right on all counts, and I agree with you," Vlad said. "That's why I try to take such good care of my children, and have told Glacia I will be there for Talva, as a father figure, should she want me. I just don't want you to think I'm the kind of person who murders people for no reason. That would probably not bode well for my time here, after all."

“A father figure?” Aurora pondered for a moment before she expressed a concerned look. “I must warn you that given that Talva has grown up, she might not need a father to look after her. Aqua had raised her greatly, and I imagine there was potentially another who raised Talva and Bubble as a father. One of Aqua’s lovers or relatives perhaps.”

"Quite possible," Vlad snorted. "That's why I said if she wanted it. You might as well also be aware I find myself unable to help it, though. I adopt children who seem in need of a father figure before I think, and almost everyone is a child to me at my age!" The dragon laughed loudly.

“As for myself, I shall treat people on what they’d need. As lovers, friends, a mother, or a mere queen. Sometimes parts of it. For now, it is the lack of a queen, and more of a fey woman.” Aurora said. “I haven’t adopted any children as of late.”

"Good for you, it's a hassle," Vlad remarked. "I like it, though. Being a father, even if not really, makes me feel helpful, and worthy. We all have our own ways. Now, are we going to move these trees?"

“Why yes.” Aurora then began to speak in a strange druidic language to command the trees to uproot themselves! The trees began to walk into position! Ready to plant themselves.

"Oh. Well then," Vlad changed back to his humanoid form for the third time that day. "I guess I was less helpful than I hoped. Do I get points for trying?"

“You do.” Aurora chuckled as the trees planted themselves. “Afterall the trees grown a few seconds in your realm!”

"Well, it is pretty powerful magic," Vlad nodded, watching the trees, obviously impressed. "Tiring, though. I think that and the cold are giving me all the reason I need to return home and sleep. I hope I can tell Glacia we're… maybe not friends, but at least that we're alright?"

“We should be. Alongside Glacia’s herald too.” Aurora winked.

"Glacia's… oh, right, one more person to get yelled at by," Vlad sighed, waving to Aurora. "Good luck with the rest of the forest. I'm going to go take a nap," he added.

“Oh relax.” Aurora snapped her finger to transform into Nelvana. “If anything, Glacia’s cuddle elf angel would want to love you as well.” She laughed.

"Thanks for the… warning," Vlad shook his head as he walked off, soon disappearing, though his last words echoed back. "Thanks for understanding, Aurora…"

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:59 am

(OoC: Co-written with Rohane Alista)

Cori stood alone in the small room Talva often used when doing her less mortal duties, sighing as he sat and folded his legs. He began to meditate, half-praying and half flinging thoughts into the void, hoping she could hear him, somehow. Maybe his new status as a herald would help, or maybe it would hurt, it wasn’t something he knew either way, but he didn’t think he could simply stride into Talva’s divine realm without an invitation. And so he sat, casting more pleas to Talva to hear him, speak to him, let him come to her or vise versa, whatever might get her attention. After all, everyone but perhaps her agreed: they had to talk, and they had to do it now.

After a few minutes of no response, a door opened up, leading to a familiar place; it was the cottage the two of them had first really spoken to one another, where many of their most impactful moments took place. On the table was the apple pie, just like the one she gave him on that first day together.

He walked in with only the slightest hesitation, taking a deep breath and humming at the smell of the pie. “I completely forgot about my key for this place,” Cori said to the room. “For some reason, it just didn’t occur to me. I suppose even for someone most people consider smart, I can be pretty dumb, huh?”

“And for someone considered quite wise, I can really be foolish, I suppose,” a soft voice said from the kitchen, “All this time I’ve tried to handle this by myself, but Mom was right…”

"Mom? Did… so you spoke to her, then?" Cori sighed in relief.

“Y-yes… she woke up and well, she’s fine, I suppose… I’m not so certain about myself, though…” Talva walked in, the streaks of black in her fur still present, albeit somewhat faded from before. “... hello, Cori.”

"Hello Talva," Cori smiled, a bit strained but still genuine. "You look a bit better. Whatever happened, we can work through it. I… before we discuss anything else, Talva, I want to make sure you understand. I love you. Really, deeply, love you. I didn't… no, that's the wrong way to say it. No matter what, I am your knight, unless you don't want me to be, but there's nothing you can do at all to stop me from being someone who wants the best for you."

“... I knew that. I always have,” Talva gave a strained smile, “But I… I’m no good for you, Cori. My family, the Lovehearts… we’re descended from demons, and despite all my attempts to be better than that… this happened. I could’ve looked into this more, but instead I just… everything that had been building up all this time just… burst out. And what’s more, I hurt you…”

"You did hurt me," Cori confirmed with a nod. "So you're going to make it up to me, and you can start by being honest about how we're going to approach this. You can also start by dropping this ridiculous thought that you're not good enough for me. If it's anything, it's the other way around; you might be descended from demons, but you offered me nothing but comfort on the worst day of my entire life, and until this, you've offered me so many good days… and if we are the sins of our ancestors, Talva, then it isn't you who needs to be pilloried. It's me; I'm the one with the… evil parents," Cori said, seemingly physically pained by the admission.

Talva still stood a bit away from Cori, “I…. you’re not your parents, Cori. You helped me get away from isolating myself for over half my life, and that helped me reunite with my family, meet Mom, meeting Snow… all because you and your friends met me. And… so many people ended up being helped by my healing during the war, and it’s all because of that. So no, Cori, you aren’t your parents, not even close. If you were, I wouldn’t have fallen for you…”

"That's my point, though. I'm not my parents, you're not your ancestors either. So you have demon blood? I have dragon blood, and as we've both experienced recently, that can be dangerous too!" Cori insisted, closing the distance a little. "I don't care if you feel unworthy, or… or afraid, Talva. I'm not letting anyone or anything take you from me, not even you," he said, his surroundings growing warmer as he spoke until he blinked. "Ah… sorry about that. I mean, it's true, but I didn't mean…"

Talva blinked, as the black lines on her body faded, and her eyes seemed to grow softer, “Cori… are you feeling okay?” She seemed to suddenly be more concerned about him than herself as she approached him.

"I feel amazing, Cori replied, nearly bursting forward as he wrapped his arms around Talva. "I know why, too, but what's important is that all my doubts are gone. Any questioning I had, about whether it was alright for me to… be here with you, like this, if I was worthy or might cause more problems than I solve… they're gone. And for once in my life, I think what's right for me is right for everyone else, too!"

“O-oh…” Talva seemed shocked at this, but she rather liked this feeling as she returned the embrace, “Cori… this is…” she was finding the words hard to come out. Unexpected, maybe? Or surprising… no, more than anything, it was just… “... nice. I’ve been unsure of how to continue with all of this, especially given… that, but…” she looked at Cori, “If you would have me, perhaps I can see if… we can finally be together?”

"But we're together pretty regularly," Cori replied with a raised eyebrow. "And you know I would have you. Koza and Soey didn't come from nowhere," he added with a chuckle.

“Getting straight to the point, aren’t we?” Talva was going to question such confidence, but she was caught up in the heat of the moment, “I am asking if… you would care to be the Prince-Consort. My consort, specifically.”

This caught Cori off guard even in his confident mood, his mouth hanging half open as he came up with a response. "I thought you said we couldn't?" He finally replied, bemused.

“Back when I was starting as queen, it would’ve been impossible,” Talva said, “But times have changed; it’s been, what, five years since? Besides, even if people complain, I don’t intend to pretend that you don’t mean as much to me as you clearly do anymore.”

"Talva," Cori squeezed her a little tighter. "Yes, I would love to be your prince-consort, of course I would! I've wanted to be married to you this entire time!"

“Sorry it took so long,” Talva looked away. “I’ve always worried about how others would view us like this, but… I don’t really care at this moment what anyone else feels. For once, I am doing this for me.”

"I understand, really, I stayed because I knew you loved me in spite of it all, and it wasn't really the way you wanted," Cori used a palm to lightly pull her face back around as he kissed her. "But, right now, you've made me so much happier by deciding they don't matter. I know some people will hate it, and they can go take a flying leap off a bridge, because I'm marrying you, not for the title, but for you."

“Cori,” Talva kissed him back. “... you do understand that the… problems I have haven’t completely gone away, right? I have been working with my sister to have them come out in small amounts instead of bottling them up and causing me to break down. I don’t think I’ll ever be entirely rid of this… but if you can accept that, then… I want to spend the rest of my life with you, queen or not.”

Cori sighed as he released Talva, taking a half step back. “Talva,” he started to reply, but stopped, taking a deep breath as he thought a little more. “Talva,” he began again, a little slower and sterner. “If I had thought that it wasn’t something we could work out- something that would ruin this- I would never have returned. I know I tend to be flippant at times, but I’m not an idiot; obviously your problems will be with you still, and most likely the rest of your life. I don’t just accept it; I want to help with it. They may not be quite as literal, but you’ve helped me with my own demons, which in their own way could easily have led me on a much darker path… let me return the favor.”

“Cori…” Talva seemed on the verge of crying, “I never wanted you to have to deal with this, I didn’t want anyone to. I left Silverdale because of it. But… you’re right. Let’s deal with them together, okay? And hopefully I can remain who I really am, for everyone’s sake.”

“We will deal with them together, and while I have you here, leaving Silverdale about it instead of getting help was a fool thing to do… but I’m really glad you did,” Cori gave Talva a bittersweet smile. “No matter what, I will always find a way to make sure you stay you. That’s more than just a statement; that’s an oath I’m making with the full power of the God of Cherishment behind it,” he told her, the two red dragons joined in a heart appearing behind him briefly as he finished speaking, a small but noticeable surge of divine energy in the room.

Talva could feel a warm glow briefly in the room; perhaps due to her own connection to the divine, she could instantly tell the significance to that, and what was empowering it. “Alvis… you knew this might happen, didn’t you,” she smiled lightly, “... thank you.” She embraced Cori, “... can we return home now? I haven’t seen our children for several days now, and… I want to be at your side.”

“Actually, I do want to scold you on that a bit,” Cori returned the hug but gave Talva a slightly reproachful look. “Maybe it’s because of the whole new herald deal, but I’m feeling very disappointed in you for not at least saying goodbye to them first, Talva. Luckily, I have a plan to make it up to all of them… and get both of us a chance to get away to actually relax a bit.”

“Oh?” Talva said. “... you are right, of course, even if I was going through a mental breakdown then I really shouldn’t have… but what are you thinking?”

Cori cringed a little at the mention of a mental breakdown, but shook it off. “Well, I think we need a proper vacation. And, frankly, I don’t think it should be in Silverdale. If we stay in the nation, work will never leave either of us alone. Luckily, there are other places we can visit, right? I haven’t been keeping track of the days, but I think Dystemas isn’t that far off…”

“Dyste would be certainly nice, but yes, in general I think we all could use a little break. I’ve talked with Bubble, and we have theorized that part of the issue was that I was overworking myself and stressing out… I need to relax more, and a family vacation sounds nice.”

“Then let me and Mishera plan it,” Cori said. “You spend some time making it up to the kids, and when it’s all ready, we’ll get everything together and have a holiday away. And whatever it takes… I’ll be around to help, so I think it is time we go home, isn’t it?”

“Yes, let’s do that,” Talva took Cori’s hand, before blinking, “Oh, wait a minute!” She rushed into the kitchen for a moment and took out a sheet of cinnamon cookies, “A little treat for our children,” she chuckled. “Sorry, I can never resist that.”

“And they love it,” Cori laughed, himself scooping up the untouched pie on the table. “Just make sure they’re staying healthy, love. After all, I can’t start their magic lessons if they’re getting sick!”

“Perhaps a little exercise will help me, too,” Talva blushed, “I have been putting on more weight, and while I know certain people enjoy seeing me like this, I do need to work out a little more myself…”

“I am certain people,” Cori admitted, then smirked. “But more exercise, huh? As milady’s Knight Captain, of course, her health is my paramount concern. Just don’t complain when I make sure you get plenty of exercise…”

“Oh dear,” Talva blushed, “I suppose then I’ll have to find a routine I like! Just another thing to figure out together on this vacation, I suppose.”

“Sounds like a plan, Talva,” Cori chuckled. “And you can always watch my workouts. It seems to be a popular thing to watch me lift weights, for some reason…”

“Oh, of course, my dragon,” Talva opened the door out of the cottage, “We will have lots of time to determine everything we’ll need to do for the future to make this work.”

“We do, so let’s take it one step at a time,” Cori replied with a smile, taking Talva’s free hand. “Are you ready, love? It’s time to return to those who love you.”

“Yes…” Talva looked out, “I’m finding I have more of that than I ever expected or dreamed about…”
Embassy Program

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Once, there was a heroine who loved and cared for everyone except herself.

A knight of a queendom, she served the queen with grace and valor, until one day the queen disappeared, and the land fell into civil war. As a knight with no queen to protect, she fell into despair, until one day her friends convinced her to help the land again.

Throughout the years, she worked to help the land she called home rebuild, through threats from other realms, monster attacks, a winter war, a demon invasion, and even rescued the queen, all with the help of her dearest friends. She even reached the rank of the divine, as people all across the land considered the heroine a savior, praising her name. And yet, it felt hollow to her; she had not done it alone, nor did she feel she did anything special anyone else could’ve done.

For all the heroine did to save others, who could save her?

Then, one day, the heroine met a dragon, one scarred from war and experience. Among the last of his kind due to madness taking his tribe, forced to turn his swords against kin, abandoned by his first love, his heart was wounded in a way beyond just physical scarring.

With the help of her friends, her own compassion guiding her, they managed to give the dragon a home with them, to help him heal. And yet, the heroine found her own wounds building beneath the surface, harming her without her realizing it.

This was when the dragon helped her; by training with her, he managed to show her there was much more to learn and see, and when they managed to talk, they realized they had more in common than they thought; they had similar fighting styles, true, but they also had a similar desire to fight evil and help others, wounds from their past that helped shape who they were, and a shared love of adventure and exploration. Before they knew it, they were friends, then family, and unbeknownst to them, they were falling in love.

Then, one day, the heroine wanted to take part in an experience the dragon had taken long ago; the thing that had turned him into a full dragon to begin with. The dragon knew it wasn’t a good idea, but couldn’t say no to her; his hidden love for her made him want to make her happy, and her hidden love for him made her want to become closer. However, something went wrong, and the heroine fell into a deep sleep, much to the dragon’s despair; he had never wanted to hurt her, but now she had to face her own wounds within.

Meanwhile, the heroine’s friends and family were either bound to protect her, or faced off against the dragon, led by a winter spirit. With the aid of his friends, the dragon managed to flee, but separating him from the one he loved, a secret even to himself.

As they spent time apart, both the sleeping heroine and the dragon realized their love for each other, as the dragon raced back to her side, even with the winter spirit’s ire. However, at that moment, the heroine emerged from her slumber, now a dragon herself, and managed to stop the fight, not with fighting, but with compassion; the spirit’s own heart was wounded by her own inner demons, and the heroine helped her before it was too late.

At last, the two dragons were reunited, finally able to confess their love for each other. Each with a scar over their heart, each with wounds that ran deeper still, each helped to heal each other’s hearts as they were together.

And thus ends the start of Clan Invernos... oh, but you want to hear a lot more stories about our family, don't you? Don't worry, I have more...

-Excerpt from Clan Invernos Fable ‘Wounded Hearts’
Embassy Program

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents