NATION

PASSWORD

Hiring Pirates, Assassins, and Mercenaries [Any TL/FanT]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Hiring Pirates, Assassins, and Mercenaries [Any TL/FanT]

Postby Airden Cartel » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:25 am

Update 1.0

Due to market instability, the Airden Cartel has decided to take matters into its own hands and address it's interests on its own terms. Unable to acquire its desired assets through conventional means, the Airden Cartel is expanding its horizons to new markets abroad by gaining a foothold in various countries, so the cartel may provide its services directly. To protect these ventures, which will almost certainly gain the ire of some of the more zealous, interventionist elements in the international community, the Airden Cartel is hiring. These hired assets will serve two purposes - protecting Airden investments, and attacking Airden enemies.

Who is the Airden Cartel?

The Airden Cartel is an international crime syndicate business conglomerate with business interests abroad the multiverse in a diversified range of products and services that we provide to our discerning clientele and business partners. We conduct trade across the many planes, and do business with a variety of persons of various cultures. Our efficiency is trusted.

Why Work For Airden?

The Airden Cartel has been in business since the 8th Era, and successfully conducts trade all over the planes. As a result of this international commerce, the Airden Cartel has amassed a massive fortune over the millennia, from many corners of the multiverse, especially from our beloved allies and business partners. These trade alliances the Airden Cartel has established are of vital importance to the Airden Cartel, and as a result, the Airden Cartel is willing to pay extremely handsomely to protect it's business interests abroad. Our pay simply does not compare, and we have the resources to shell out for any who will work for us.

What's the Job?

Currently, the Airden Cartel is hiring for three important positions to protect it's business interests: pirates, assassins, and mercenaries. Each of these are detailed below.

Pirates

To protect Airden businesses abroad, the Airden Cartel is hiring pirates to disrupt the naval operations of states and organizations which are interfering with Airden expansion prospects. The Airden Cartel has great need for international trade, and it knows this will attract attention from various militarized states and organizations, operating as a sort of "multiverse police".

Of particular note, the Airden Cartel asks pirates to attack the ships of any nation or organization that attempts to interfere with Airden expansion abroad. While the ships actively blockading or interfering with trade are high priority targets, pirates are free to attack any naval craft from such hostile nations and organizations, including civilian craft.

Rules for Pirates
  • Pirates sign a contract with the Airden Cartel, which lay out the following rules.
  • Pirates should attack the naval craft of any nation or organization which attempts to disrupt Airden business interests. A list of hostile nations and organizations will be produced at a later date.
  • Pirates are allowed to keep any booty, including hostages and hijacked craft. We will not take a cut of your profits.
  • Pirates are not to attack the Airden Cartel, or our allies.
  • Pirates who sign onto our contract will be paid a comission per ship they successfully attack, whether the result is sinking the enemy ship, hijacking it, or rendering it inoperable. The amount paid is determined by what kind of enemy ship it is:
  • $2M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for each civilian ship.
  • $3.5M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for each warship.
  • $6M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for each ship of the line (battleships, dreadnoughts, etc.)
  • $7M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for each carrier ship.

Assassins

The Airden Cartel recognizes the need to hire assassins against its enemies, against those who would make threats against it and its business interests. To that end, the Airden Cartel is hiring assassins to kill high priority targets in nations which threaten the Airden Cartel.

Rules for Assassins
  • Assassins are on an open bounty system - bounties are posted for particular individuals or groups and anyone can claim these bounties. Bounties are paid on proof of death - usually the severed head of the individual so they can be properly identified.
  • Anyone can be an assassin for the Airden Cartel - assassinations are freelance, non-contract - all you need to do is look over our bounty list posted below, get some gear, and make an attempt on the life of one of our targets. If multiple people succeed in killing a target, the bounty is paid in full to each party who turns in the kill - we don't want our assassins fighting each other over payment and are willing to pay extra to prevent that.
  • Currently, the Airden Cartel is keeping assassins on retainer. Bounties will be issued at a later date for key figures in enemy nations.
  • Not all bounties are worth the same. Some targets are considered more high priority than others. Payment is listed below:
  • $30K NSD worth of uncut diamonds for the direct relative of a general, admiral, or politician.
  • $1M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for the child of a general, admiral, or politician, if brought in alive. (If dead, paid as any other relative.)
  • $50K NSD worth of uncut diamonds for an active duty general or admiral.
  • $1M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for a politician.
  • $20M NSD worth of uncut diamonds for a leader.

Mercenaries

To protect the Airden Cartel from attacks by these warmongers and their ilk, the Airden Cartel is hiring mercenaries to defend it's operations and leadership, as well as conduct attacks on hostile nations. These mercenaries thus can be divided into two roles: assault, and defense. These roles are not mutually exclusive, a mercenary can apply for both.

Assault mercenaries conduct covert missions against enemies of the Airden Cartel to protect it's business interests. These missions are issued secretly to mercenaries who have been accepted for the role.

Defense mercenaries are employed around the clock to protect Airden leaders and important personnel of our business partners. They are also contracted to aid with security of such personnel and leaders as well.

Rules for Mercenaries in General
  • You are professionals. Obviously, do not attack us, our allies, or otherwise interfere with our business.
  • Bring your own gear. If you do not have any, we will provide some basic equipment.
  • Promotions are available to mercenaries who show exceptional skill and company loyalty.
  • If you die on the mission, your payment will be issued to any relatives or friends you list in your contract.

Rules for Assault Mercenaries
  • Assault mercenaries are employed on a per-mission basis. Assault mercenaries are contracted out, but when not working for the Airden Cartel, they may do as they please, as long as it does not interfere with Airden business.
  • Payment is on a per-mission basis, with a retainer of $15K NSD worth of uncut diamonds per month. Payment per mission varies depending on the nature and threat of the mission, but starting rates are at $15K NSD worth of uncut diamonds. Payment is half up front, and half when you return with a completed mission.

Rules for Defense Mercenaries
  • Defense mercenaries are employed on a salary of $30K NSD worth of uncut diamonds per month.
  • For every security flaw discovered, you will earn an additional $40K NSD worth of uncut diamonds.

Sign Ups

All sign ups are to be done in secret, to avoid any unwanted attention it may bring to you. The appropriate forms may be found here.

Pirate Contracts
Code: Select all
[b]Captain's Name of Address:[/b]
[b]Ship:[/b]
[b]Crew:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Work Experience:[/b]


Pirate Claimed Prize
Code: Select all
[b]Captain's Name of Address:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Claimed Prize:[/b]


Assassin Claimed Bounty
Code: Select all
[b]Assassin's Name of Address:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Claimed Bounty:[/b]


Assault Mercenary Contract
Code: Select all
[b]Assault Mercenary's Name of Address:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Work Experience:[/b]


Defense Mercenary Contract
Code: Select all
[b]Defense Mercenary's Name of Address:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Work Experience:[/b]


Important OOC Notice

This thread was originally made somewhat in anticipation of Airden involvement in the AUTO-ULIBOR war... sort of (we made this thread in anticipation of a war, found the war was already happening elsewhere, and tried to join...), but we were informed we were not allowed to join.

However, this thread's original intent, in a sense, remains entirely intact, though the exact details are somewhat repurposed. The Airden Cartel is still ICly interested in ever-increasing its profits, thus being unable to purchase requisite goods to resell to IC allies would not cause their desires to falter. Having found new RPing partners, a new war is beginning, one of Airden expansion and attempt to corrupt local governments abroad.

OOC link here.
IC link will be up later.
Last edited by Airden Cartel on Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:26 am

SIC:

Accepted Applicants:

Pirates

Captain's Name of Address: Laiquion Castamiriones
Ship: Olivander, a warship equivalent to a third-rate ship of the line with outriggers
Crew: 208
Nation of Origin: Diarcesia (The Dyrrhonian Isles)
Work Experience: Active in piracy for more than 10 years, he is involved in the closing stages of the Rapture of Losphortoene against the Diarcesian navy (1760-1770). He is one of the pirate survivors of the Battle of Michael's Bay in 1769. He relocated to the Dyrrhonian Isles in Atlantian Oceania to continue his profitable operations.


Captain's Name of Address: Captain Hritch
Ship: Mako, a Blueship-Class vessel.
Crew: 400 Corsairs.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Frequent raids on human colonies.


Captain's Name of Address: Nikifor Grogoriev
Ship: The Tambov boarding vessel
Crew: 128
Nation of Origin: Republic of Navicoco
Work Experience:
Member of the Green band led gangs that robbed the national bank of Navicoco


Mercenaries

Assault

Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Obudshaer Farlong.
Underlings?: 20 Other Obudshaer, 50 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia.
Work Experience: Commanded a band of Obudshaer mercenaries.
Misc: They all answer to the bg boss for commands.


Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Mr. Jungert
Nation of Origin: Teglea
Work Experience:
Absolute Killer



Defense

Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Grintka.
Underlings: 1 Huscarl 2nd Com, 5 Obudshaer, 100 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Experienced form many long arduous battles.
Misc: They work in an officer system, each Obudshaer has 10 militia under them, and the 2nd Com deals with the Obudshaer, and in turn the Leader deals with them.


Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: commander G2-C4NN5
Nation of Origin: The Republic Of Western Sol
Work Experience:
- lead the 419th defence core for 15 years, protecting western sol from invaders and racking up an impressive reputation
- had a key role in the 1st and 2nd Wakandan wars (one of my RPs) and allowed for both wars to end in a solarian victory
- former robot boxing champion
Last edited by Airden Cartel on Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:26 am

SIC:

Paid Out

Piracy Paid Out

Assassinations Paid Out
Last edited by Airden Cartel on Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Teglea
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Apr 29, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Teglea » Tue May 10, 2022 7:34 am

Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Mr. Jungert
Nation of Origin: Teglea
Work Experience: Absolute Killer

User avatar
Navicoco
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Navicoco » Tue May 10, 2022 8:53 am

Captain's Name of Address: Nikifor Grogoriev
Ship: The Tambov boarding vessel
Crew: 128
Nation of Origin: Republic of Navicoco
Work Experience: Member of the Green band led gangs that robbed the national bank of Navicoco

User avatar
Fremenilia
Attaché
 
Posts: 97
Founded: May 09, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Fremenilian Mercenaries

Postby Fremenilia » Tue May 10, 2022 1:40 pm

Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Fedyakin Farik
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Roaming Across the hellscape of Aldalia, Farik's band has fought numerous terrorist groups, transhuman abominations, AI and more. One of the few things his enemies have in commons is that their skulls all lie in his collection, finely polished without any flesh left on them.

Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Monisk
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Decades of hunting Monke and Gorilla sapiens whenever they invaded the Jungle Valleys of Gothia, many of the Fremenilians wear the pelts of Monkes they have slain.

*The Freminilians are still loyal to their home nations and as such wont fight them, not that them and Aiden have any conflicts.

(In case the contract doesn't make it obvious Fremenilia is a puppet of SCE Goth.)
FT partially Dune themed giant lizards | The Fremenilian Military | Puppet of Gothian Crimea

Selkies prove exceptional against the enemy, take no damage at all | Fremenilian Corsair added to the Cartel's contract | Cartel calls on their contracters to ready themselves, Fremenilia heeds | Benben fully transformed into a space station/shipwright.

User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25147
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue May 10, 2022 11:11 pm

OOC:
On an out of character level, I must commend you for the quality of this post, which is head, shoulders, and chest above the content we often see in 'evil' storefronts on GE&T!

IC:

Image
Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War


In light of the repeated attempts, by slaver countries and their criminal associates, to organize international pirate attacks and terror attacks in anti-slavery countries, the Free Kingdom Ministry of Defense would like to make an announcement to any countries and individuals that are now targeted by the Airden Cartel.

  • Protecting a ship from being seized by pirates is easier than seizing it. Slavers themselves know this, which is why slaveships are often armed. Arming a ship with a few automatic cannon and its crew with small arms is cheap, and with a few modifications any ship easily becomes a fortress. It can be still seized but of course it will be vastly more expensive.
  • Organizing personal security for generals, admirals, and other senior officials should already be the job of your nation's armed forces. Having an armed population actually helps in this if you have a good military-civilian relationship.
  • We remind our readers that under most international customs pirates are seen as hostis humani generis or hostis sapiens generis, and are not subject to most customary protection.
  • In light of the cowardly attacks by slaverkind, we are happy to help any abolitionist nations organize their protections against such attacks as 'advertised' by the Airden Cartel.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Senator
 
Posts: 4304
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue May 10, 2022 11:41 pm

As Allanea said, this looks like a great RP prompt and I'm very interested. However, I must ask, how would these killings be RPed? Did you arranged with the players behind the targets to create a thread in the near future or is it something we should arrange ourselves with them?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)

Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon.


Nani!? A rules creepypasta set in R1!?



User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Wed May 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Teglea wrote:Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Mr. Jungert
Nation of Origin: Teglea
Work Experience: Absolute Killer


Accepted.

Navicoco wrote:Captain's Name of Address: Nikifor Grogoriev
Ship: The Tambov boarding vessel
Crew: 128
Nation of Origin: Republic of Navicoco
Work Experience: Member of the Green band led gangs that robbed the national bank of Navicoco


Accepted.

Fremenilia wrote:Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Fedyakin Farik
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Roaming Across the hellscape of Aldalia, Farik's band has fought numerous terrorist groups, transhuman abominations, AI and more. One of the few things his enemies have in commons is that their skulls all lie in his collection, finely polished without any flesh left on them.

Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Monisk
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Decades of hunting Monke and Gorilla sapiens whenever they invaded the Jungle Valleys of Gothia, many of the Fremenilians wear the pelts of Monkes they have slain.

*The Freminilians are still loyal to their home nations and as such wont fight them, not that them and Aiden have any conflicts.

(In case the contract doesn't make it obvious Fremenilia is a puppet of SCE Goth.)


Accepted.

Allanea wrote:OOC:
On an out of character level, I must commend you for the quality of this post, which is head, shoulders, and chest above the content we often see in 'evil' storefronts on GE&T!

IC:

(Image)
Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War


In light of the repeated attempts, by slaver countries and their criminal associates, to organize international pirate attacks and terror attacks in anti-slavery countries, the Free Kingdom Ministry of Defense would like to make an announcement to any countries and individuals that are now targeted by the Airden Cartel.

  • Protecting a ship from being seized by pirates is easier than seizing it. Slavers themselves know this, which is why slaveships are often armed. Arming a ship with a few automatic cannon and its crew with small arms is cheap, and with a few modifications any ship easily becomes a fortress. It can be still seized but of course it will be vastly more expensive.
  • Organizing personal security for generals, admirals, and other senior officials should already be the job of your nation's armed forces. Having an armed population actually helps in this if you have a good military-civilian relationship.
  • We remind our readers that under most international customs pirates are seen as hostis humani generis or hostis sapiens generis, and are not subject to most customary protection.
  • In light of the cowardly attacks by slaverkind, we are happy to help any abolitionist nations organize their protections against such attacks as 'advertised' by the Airden Cartel.


OOC: Thanks! I spent a lot of time on it. And the Airden Cartel is a VNSA, not a state. The "cartel" part of our name isn't just some fancy appellation, it's because we really are a cartel. As for the OP of this, we really need to update it - a lot of this was done before AUTO told us we couldn't join them because "we're FanT".

IC:

You dare call us a "criminal associate"? Such cutting words! You insult our honor as an esteemed and honorable legitimate international business conglomerate. We shall not take such lying down!

  • We know of no such thing as "automatic cannons". The cannons which we are familiar with are manually operated utilizing black powder.
  • We are not a nation, but a conglomerate of businesses. Our employees are armed, but it is often easier for us to hire others. What use is our vast funds if we do not utilize it to protect our interests and profit margins?
  • Such is the way of foolish nations, resorting to petty ideologies, unable to see the greater profits. We don't know what your "customary protections" are anyways, and if they get in the way of making money, we don't care.
  • Our attacks are not cowardly, they are pragmatic. They are executed with utmost cunning, as to be expected by a business of our history.

A m e n r i a wrote:As Allanea said, this looks like a great RP prompt and I'm very interested. However, I must ask, how would these killings be RPed? Did you arranged with the players behind the targets to create a thread in the near future or is it something we should arrange ourselves with them?


Initially, this was made in the light of the rising AUTO-ULIBOR war, with the intent that we were a third-party showing support towards AUTO, though for purely pragmatic reasons. When we tried to get involved though, AUTO told us we couldn't join because "we're FanT". So as of right now, the OP is a little outdated.

The intent going forward is most likely that these pirates, assassins, and mercenaries will be kept on retainer until the Airden Cartel ends up in a war (which is likely to happen, TBF). Then they'll be activated to be used against our enemies. The OP will need to be updated for this (I'll get around to it), and hopefully this answers your questions.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Senator
 
Posts: 4304
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed May 11, 2022 10:36 pm

Airden Cartel wrote:
Teglea wrote:Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Mr. Jungert
Nation of Origin: Teglea
Work Experience: Absolute Killer


Accepted.

Navicoco wrote:Captain's Name of Address: Nikifor Grogoriev
Ship: The Tambov boarding vessel
Crew: 128
Nation of Origin: Republic of Navicoco
Work Experience: Member of the Green band led gangs that robbed the national bank of Navicoco


Accepted.

Fremenilia wrote:Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Fedyakin Farik
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Roaming Across the hellscape of Aldalia, Farik's band has fought numerous terrorist groups, transhuman abominations, AI and more. One of the few things his enemies have in commons is that their skulls all lie in his collection, finely polished without any flesh left on them.

Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Monisk
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia/Gothia.
Work Experience: Decades of hunting Monke and Gorilla sapiens whenever they invaded the Jungle Valleys of Gothia, many of the Fremenilians wear the pelts of Monkes they have slain.

*The Freminilians are still loyal to their home nations and as such wont fight them, not that them and Aiden have any conflicts.

(In case the contract doesn't make it obvious Fremenilia is a puppet of SCE Goth.)


Accepted.

Allanea wrote:OOC:
On an out of character level, I must commend you for the quality of this post, which is head, shoulders, and chest above the content we often see in 'evil' storefronts on GE&T!

IC:

(Image)
Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War


In light of the repeated attempts, by slaver countries and their criminal associates, to organize international pirate attacks and terror attacks in anti-slavery countries, the Free Kingdom Ministry of Defense would like to make an announcement to any countries and individuals that are now targeted by the Airden Cartel.

  • Protecting a ship from being seized by pirates is easier than seizing it. Slavers themselves know this, which is why slaveships are often armed. Arming a ship with a few automatic cannon and its crew with small arms is cheap, and with a few modifications any ship easily becomes a fortress. It can be still seized but of course it will be vastly more expensive.
  • Organizing personal security for generals, admirals, and other senior officials should already be the job of your nation's armed forces. Having an armed population actually helps in this if you have a good military-civilian relationship.
  • We remind our readers that under most international customs pirates are seen as hostis humani generis or hostis sapiens generis, and are not subject to most customary protection.
  • In light of the cowardly attacks by slaverkind, we are happy to help any abolitionist nations organize their protections against such attacks as 'advertised' by the Airden Cartel.


OOC: Thanks! I spent a lot of time on it. And the Airden Cartel is a VNSA, not a state. The "cartel" part of our name isn't just some fancy appellation, it's because we really are a cartel. As for the OP of this, we really need to update it - a lot of this was done before AUTO told us we couldn't join them because "we're FanT".

IC:

You dare call us a "criminal associate"? Such cutting words! You insult our honor as an esteemed and honorable legitimate international business conglomerate. We shall not take such lying down!

  • We know of no such thing as "automatic cannons". The cannons which we are familiar with are manually operated utilizing black powder.
  • We are not a nation, but a conglomerate of businesses. Our employees are armed, but it is often easier for us to hire others. What use is our vast funds if we do not utilize it to protect our interests and profit margins?
  • Such is the way of foolish nations, resorting to petty ideologies, unable to see the greater profits. We don't know what your "customary protections" are anyways, and if they get in the way of making money, we don't care.
  • Our attacks are not cowardly, they are pragmatic. They are executed with utmost cunning, as to be expected by a business of our history.

A m e n r i a wrote:As Allanea said, this looks like a great RP prompt and I'm very interested. However, I must ask, how would these killings be RPed? Did you arranged with the players behind the targets to create a thread in the near future or is it something we should arrange ourselves with them?


Initially, this was made in the light of the rising AUTO-ULIBOR war, with the intent that we were a third-party showing support towards AUTO, though for purely pragmatic reasons. When we tried to get involved though, AUTO told us we couldn't join because "we're FanT". So as of right now, the OP is a little outdated.

The intent going forward is most likely that these pirates, assassins, and mercenaries will be kept on retainer until the Airden Cartel ends up in a war (which is likely to happen, TBF). Then they'll be activated to be used against our enemies. The OP will need to be updated for this (I'll get around to it), and hopefully this answers your questions.


In that case, I'll be watching your career closely.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)

Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon.


Nani!? A rules creepypasta set in R1!?



User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25147
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 pm

OOC: Of course the distinction between a 'state' and a 'non-state' actor is at best arbitrary and at worst extremely vague… Anyway, if the Cartel is not going to be actively launching or sponsoring attacks it seems that there's no further point for me to continue responding. Allanea's entire presence here was based on the idea attacks are being sponsored/launched.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Thu May 12, 2022 12:56 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:In that case, I'll be watching your career closely.


OOC: Sounds good. Might get more interesting soon. (Might make another GE&T market to engage in slave trade... but buying instead of selling. With the usual Airden twist added.)

Allanea wrote:OOC: Of course the distinction between a 'state' and a 'non-state' actor is at best arbitrary and at worst extremely vague… Anyway, if the Cartel is not going to be actively launching or sponsoring attacks it seems that there's no further point for me to continue responding. Allanea's entire presence here was based on the idea attacks are being sponsored/launched.


OOC: Do you consider the Sicilian Mafia to be a state? How about the drug cartels in Mexico? What about the Russian Mob? The triads? How about any of the branches of the yakuza? If you answered "no" to all of these, then I highly doubt you'd consider the Airden Cartel to be a state. We're an international crime syndicate in a FanT constructed world. (And as with any good crime syndicate, we ICly take umbrage to being called one, preferring instead "legitimate business conglomerate".)

We'll probably sponsor attacks sometime soonish. The machinations of dragons can be complex and long-term. You'll just have to wait and see.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25147
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 am

OOC: First of all, never did Allanea IC refer to the Airden Cartel as a 'state'. (Indeed, in-universe it does not even necessarily refer to entities that have classic Weberian monopoly on legitimate force as 'states')

Indeed, there's some research suggesting that some groups like the Mexican drug cartels, the Russian mafia, and some big terror organizations do have state-like elements to their operations. The dichotomy of 'state' vs. 'non-state' actors oversimplifies the issue vastly.

But in any event if the Airden Cartel is no longer sponsoring any attacks my participation in this thread isn't really relevant.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:59 am

Allanea wrote:OOC: First of all, never did Allanea IC refer to the Airden Cartel as a 'state'. (Indeed, in-universe it does not even necessarily refer to entities that have classic Weberian monopoly on legitimate force as 'states')

Indeed, there's some research suggesting that some groups like the Mexican drug cartels, the Russian mafia, and some big terror organizations do have state-like elements to their operations. The dichotomy of 'state' vs. 'non-state' actors oversimplifies the issue vastly.

But in any event if the Airden Cartel is no longer sponsoring any attacks my participation in this thread isn't really relevant.


OOC: My bad. I had misread part of your original post which made it seem like Allanea was ICly making certain suggestions and referring to Airden broadly as a nation, when in fact you were not. It's alright. People make mistakes.

I suppose one can look at it that way? Still, there's some fairly big differences as well.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:18 pm

We will be revising this storefront over the next few days to correspond with the current status of our international interests and ambitions.

This storefront is not dead, but will be taking on a new role in coming events.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Bigpipstan
Envoy
 
Posts: 318
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bigpipstan » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:19 am

Captain's Name of Address: Pandamaly
Ship: A steel boarding vessel
Crew: 30
Nation of Origin: Anocratic empire of Bigpipstan
Work Experience: Stolen a golden revolver from a military base . Experienced in unarmed combat, good at persuading and intimidating.
Bigpipstan is a fantasy nation in My little pony universe. Neo-Harmonist Semi constitutional monarchy with a moneyless economy. Cute assimilators. Doesn't use NS stats anymore. canon population is (changes often) 3,438,779,522. Our TF storefront Acrab news

User avatar
Dyrrhonian Isles
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: May 30, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dyrrhonian Isles » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:54 pm

Note: Captain and group is active as of the late 18th century in the Gregorian Calendar

Captain's Name of Address: Laiquion Castamiriones
Ship: Olivander, a warship equivalent to a third-rate ship of the line with outriggers
Crew: 208
Nation of Origin: Diarcesia (The Dyrrhonian Isles)
Work Experience: Active in piracy for more than 10 years, he is involved in the closing stages of the Rapture of Losphortoene against the Diarcesian navy (1760-1770). He is one of the pirate survivors of the Battle of Michael's Bay in 1769. He relocated to the Dyrrhonian Isles in Atlantian Oceania to continue his profitable operations.
Dieresis of Diarcesia

User avatar
Black Flag Syndicate
Secretary
 
Posts: 32
Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Black Flag Syndicate » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:29 pm

Captain's Name of Address:Capt-AI-n Smitty Model5
Ship: An aircraft carrier run by a crew of both human and AI strengths
Crew: 4750
Nation of Origin: made in Black Flag Syndicate occupied territory
Work Experience: Experienced veteran from 2 conflicts out in the southeastern waters, now helps the crew hijack oil rigs, capture ports, and defend the less capable ships from any pesky retaliators
A decentralized coalition compromised of smaller cells. IC messages may be told from the perspective of some of the following:
Most influential cell: Global Defense Committee, closest thing to an enforcing central body
Diplomatic/Informational organization: BFS Census Committee
..or just random everyday people.

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:16 am

Big news! We have updated the OP.

We suggest each nation who has applied here reread the OP to see if you still want to be a part of this. If you no longer want to, we completely understand.

Bigpipstan wrote:Captain's Name of Address: Pandamaly
Ship: A steel boarding vessel
Crew: 30
Nation of Origin: Anocratic empire of Bigpipstan
Work Experience: Stolen a golden revolver from a military base . Experienced in unarmed combat, good at persuading and intimidating.


If you still want in, you're approved.

Dyrrhonian Isles wrote:Note: Captain and group is active as of the late 18th century in the Gregorian Calendar

Captain's Name of Address: Laiquion Castamiriones
Ship: Olivander, a warship equivalent to a third-rate ship of the line with outriggers
Crew: 208
Nation of Origin: Diarcesia (The Dyrrhonian Isles)
Work Experience: Active in piracy for more than 10 years, he is involved in the closing stages of the Rapture of Losphortoene against the Diarcesian navy (1760-1770). He is one of the pirate survivors of the Battle of Michael's Bay in 1769. He relocated to the Dyrrhonian Isles in Atlantian Oceania to continue his profitable operations.


We're going multiverse-hopping, so your listed time period is fine and whatever.

If you still want in, you're approved.

We may see about retrofitting your ship for multiverse transit. Just picture it - golden age pirates traveling to distant universes in their wooden ship. Fun, yes?

Black Flag Syndicate wrote:Captain's Name of Address:Capt-AI-n Smitty Model5
Ship: An aircraft carrier run by a crew of both human and AI strengths
Crew: 4750
Nation of Origin: made in Black Flag Syndicate occupied territory
Work Experience: Experienced veteran from 2 conflicts out in the southeastern waters, now helps the crew hijack oil rigs, capture ports, and defend the less capable ships from any pesky retaliators


If you still want in, you're approved.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Fremenilia
Attaché
 
Posts: 97
Founded: May 09, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Fremenilia » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:02 am

Updating because of the OP and new lore for the nations.

To replace the previous assault(As I made him the leader, here was before that and he was just a great warrior)
Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Obudshaer Farlong.
Underlings?: 20 Other Obudshaer, 50 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia.
Work Experience: Commanded a band of Obudshaer mercenaries.
Misc: They all answer to the bg boss for commands.

To replace the previous defense, as she also became a major character
Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Grintka.
Underlings: 1 Huscarl 2nd Com, 5 Obudshaer, 100 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Experienced form many long arduous battles.
Misc: They work in an officer system, each Obudshaer has 10 militia under them, and the 2nd Com deals with the Obudshaer, and in turn the Leader deals with them.

Adding a NEW group
Captain's Name of Address: Captain Hritch
Ship: Mako, a Blueship-Class vessel.
Image
Crew: 400 Corsairs.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Frequent raids on human colonies.

Last edited by Fremenilia on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT partially Dune themed giant lizards | The Fremenilian Military | Puppet of Gothian Crimea

Selkies prove exceptional against the enemy, take no damage at all | Fremenilian Corsair added to the Cartel's contract | Cartel calls on their contracters to ready themselves, Fremenilia heeds | Benben fully transformed into a space station/shipwright.

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:56 am

Fremenilia wrote:Updating because of the OP and new lore for the nations.

To replace the previous assault(As I made him the leader, here was before that and he was just a great warrior)
Assault Mercenary's Name of Address: Obudshaer Farlong.
Underlings?: 20 Other Obudshaer, 50 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia.
Work Experience: Commanded a band of Obudshaer mercenaries.
Misc: They all answer to the bg boss for commands.

To replace the previous defense, as she also became a major character
Defense Mercenary's Name of Address: Huscarl Grintka.
Underlings: 1 Huscarl 2nd Com, 5 Obudshaer, 100 Fremenilian Militia level troops.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Experienced form many long arduous battles.
Misc: They work in an officer system, each Obudshaer has 10 militia under them, and the 2nd Com deals with the Obudshaer, and in turn the Leader deals with them.

Adding a NEW group
Captain's Name of Address: Captain Hritch
Ship: Mako, a Blueship-Class vessel.
Crew: 400 Corsairs.
Nation of Origin: Fremenilia
Work Experience: Frequent raids on human colonies.



Accepted.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Dyrrhonian Isles
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: May 30, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dyrrhonian Isles » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 pm

Airden Cartel wrote:
Dyrrhonian Isles wrote:Note: Captain and group is active as of the late 18th century in the Gregorian Calendar

Captain's Name of Address: Laiquion Castamiriones
Ship: Olivander, a warship equivalent to a third-rate ship of the line with outriggers
Crew: 208
Nation of Origin: Diarcesia (The Dyrrhonian Isles)
Work Experience: Active in piracy for more than 10 years, he is involved in the closing stages of the Rapture of Losphortoene against the Diarcesian navy (1760-1770). He is one of the pirate survivors of the Battle of Michael's Bay in 1769. He relocated to the Dyrrhonian Isles in Atlantian Oceania to continue his profitable operations.


We're going multiverse-hopping, so your listed time period is fine and whatever.

If you still want in, you're approved.

We may see about retrofitting your ship for multiverse transit. Just picture it - golden age pirates traveling to distant universes in their wooden ship. Fun, yes?


I'm still in.
Dieresis of Diarcesia

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:40 pm

Dyrrhonian Isles wrote:
Airden Cartel wrote:
We're going multiverse-hopping, so your listed time period is fine and whatever.

If you still want in, you're approved.

We may see about retrofitting your ship for multiverse transit. Just picture it - golden age pirates traveling to distant universes in their wooden ship. Fun, yes?


I'm still in.


Sounds good. You've been added.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Airden Cartel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Airden Cartel » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:18 pm

/bump
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

User avatar
Awesome Imperium
Diplomat
 
Posts: 823
Founded: Feb 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Imperium » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:18 am

Hmm does the Airden cartel have any business in the Imperium?
Principate (Imperial Commonwealth) of Awesome Imperium

Ave Imperium, Ave Materna, Ave Nika !


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads