NATION

PASSWORD

A Dragon's Greatest Treasure(Closed, ATTN Rohane Alista)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Glaristant
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

A Dragon's Greatest Treasure(Closed, ATTN Rohane Alista)

Postby Glaristant » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:23 pm

Collab with RA and Dyste

Vlad was inside a small room, grumbling as he looked in a mirror and ran a comb through his hair again. And then again. And, after a little bit of water, again, just to reveal… the same mop he always had, his hair apparently impossible to tame. He gave up with a sigh, setting aside the comb and looking dubiously at several glass bottles, most of them splitting the bright sun coming through the window into various colorful beams on the far wall, and a tie on the vanity. “Am I really expected to wear a tie?...”

Alvis for his part was wearing a lovely suit with a red dragon pattern on his tie, “Yeah, it’s tradition here. Guess you’re not as used to such fancy dress, huh? … I’m not either, really.”

“Oh, no, I know all about ties,” Vlad replied, picking up the piece of cloth with a disgusted look. “They’re damn suffocating things. Hate them with a passion. I mean, Narris won’t care, I don’t think. She might even prefer I go out shirtless, but…”

“Nah, leave that for the honeymoon,” Alvis smirked, helping Vlad with the tie, “Trust me, if I did that when it was mine with Glacia, I don’t think I would’ve made it to the altar without getting swarmed.”

Vlad rolled his eyes, taking the tie back from Alvis. “I can do that myself, I’m not a child,” he sighed. “Trust me, I’ve been here about a year, I’m well aware of the very strange level of… attraction some of these women have for you. I really don’t get this whole polygamy thing, though, one good woman… that’s all I need,” he said, fixing up the tie with a frown and picking up the comb again, considering attacking his hair and deciding not to as he set the implement back down.

“Heh,” Alvis gave a smile, “Well, alright then, if you say so. Don’t be afraid to ask for help on matters like these, you’re already helped me plenty so far,” Alvis had already gotten a lot more confident in his swordplay and magical prowess by this time. “Wouldn’t want to think I couldn’t offer anything to you.”

“Maybe you can tell me why I would want to wear perfume,” Vlad said, nodding at the bottles. “I didn’t put those there, did you?”

“Nope, not me,” Alvis said. “I figure it might’ve been one of the ladies.”

“... it wasn’t Narris, you think? If she wants me to wear these I might try it, I guess, but… doesn’t seem like her?” Vlad said, picking up a red, glass bottle and examining it, spraying a little on his wrist to smell. He nearly dropped the bottle as he retched. “Ok, not that one. WAY too powerful.”

“Heh,” Alvis shrugged, “I don’t get what the deal with that sorta stuff is. The scent of a dragon is clearly better anyways than any perfume would be.”

“... well, yes,” Vlad nodded. “Really getting into the whole dragon side thing, aren’t you? Working on that hoard?” the older man asked, putting back the bottle and staring in the mirror. “I don’t deserve her. She doesn’t deserve to be stuck with me.”

“Oh, a little, after the heist I’ve been…” Alvis stopped when he realized how Vlad was feeling, patting him on the shoulder, “... don’t think like that. She chose to be with you, she went through all different worlds to see you again. If that isn’t dedication and devotion, Vlad, I don’t know what is.”

“That’s why she doesn’t deserve to be stuck with me,” Vlad replied softly, his face falling. “She deserves… someone who doesn’t ask so much of her as I do. I’m not saying I don’t love her, I do, the last year or so has let me make damn sure. But I haven’t earned this, at all,” he twisted a small ring on his left hand. “At all…”

“... Vlad, for someone as experienced as you are, you sure don’t understand stuff like this, do you?” Alvis smiled, “If someone like that is this dedicated to you, that willing to put up with any of your flaws, then you know you have something special. So you think you haven’t earned it? Make yourself feel like you’ve earned it. Take her on a lovely honeymoon, tell her every day how much she means to you, always make some time for her. You told me that a dragon should treasure their hoard? Treasure her, then.”

“I know that, Alvis,” He sighed, seeming like he might be fighting back some deeper emotion. “I was… I know. I do treasure her, more than anything else. How could I not, after all she did to bring me back here? To make me myself again. But Alvis… I can’t give her my whole heart, for all I say about one good woman,” Vlad continued, slowly pulling off the thin silver band that was on his left ring finger. “I just can’t. It would kill me, just like leaving her alone now would kill me.”

“Vlad…” Alvis thought about it, “I would never ask you to forget about her. And you shouldn’t; that’s part of what made you what you are, for the better. But she also wanted you to be happy again. Besides, I heard that she told Narris something about love being a limitless resource, so even if there is still a part of you that still has some for her, don’t think it’ll ruin what you have with Narris.”

“That does sound like her,” Vlad smiled sadly. “I probably shouldn’t wear this anymore. It’s time to move on, isn’t it? Not to forget, but… put it away as fond memories, right?... Gods, Alvis, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

“Even for someone like you, I suppose there are still challenges that seem insurmountable,” Alvis said. “But… I think perhaps you’re right about this. Just… always remember what you learned from her.”

“Oh, those are lessons and loves I can never ever forget,” Vlad laughed, clenching his hand around the ring. “Funny, you know. I fell in love with her in a way both the polar opposite and the exact same as Narris. Do you… mind if I tell you?”

“Of course,” Alvis knew a little from the memory but not the full details of it.

“I don’t know what you learned already, so I’ll start from… the start,” Vlad said. “I killed my mother. I didn’t know it, at the time, but it was pretty easy to tell once she shifted out of dragon form. Her name was Rina… and killing her ruined me. I was drinking myself into the grave, Alvis, at a pace that not even I today could match and come out healthy. I spent two weeks locked in my own house in Sauville, and I counted when I cleaned out the bottles. Two hundred fifteen of them. Most were smaller, but a few were… large,” Vlad closed his eyes, reminiscing. “That was a bad time.”

Alvis nodded slowly; he knew at least about the actual moment it happened, but the aftermath he didn’t. He simply listened to him, not wanting to interrupt his story.

“It wasn’t Aiko that got me out of that building, actually. It was Clarine, a penguin shapeshifter girl,” Vlad continued after looking at the wood of the vanity for a minute. “I owe her a lot for that, I fully intended to die. But I didn’t, so I sought out some kind of help in how to deal with the pain, and that was what led me to Aiko. She was… so gentle, and caring, for some guy who reeked of booze and self-hatred. I think I was wounded still, too, I remember having a limp. We talked about… how to honor my mother, and how to mourn her, and how to deal with the guilt. She was so damned nervous, Alvis, she was stuttering all over the place. It honestly helped, I thought it was so damned silly.”

Alvis gave a smile; now this was something he did understand quite a bit. “Glacia was like that when I first met her, too; she was so awkward at the time, if you can believe it. So yeah, I think that might’ve been a sign.”

“We did a ritual from Izumi for my mother. I think it’s called a wake here, or at least it’s roughly similar. Gods, she made so much food, it was insane. There was a prayer, then you ate the food in the specific order…” Vlad smiled at this point, reminiscing. “I think that ritual was when I first started to think I might like her quite a bit. She taught me to use chopsticks as part of that whole thing, and I kept dropping stuff. Her stutter started to go away… That was a day I think on a lot.”

“Heh… it’s always like that, isn’t it? I took Glacia out for a meal at this restaurant in Silver City where they offered the spiciest dishes; not around anymore sadly, but I think the dishes are still being served somewhere if you’d like to try? … anyways, seemed Glacia was getting really curious when I kept on having their best meals, and ended up wanting to try one herself. The poor elf ate just two bites before her taste buds started melting and she ended up dousing her whole head in water!” Alvis laughed out loud. “Hoo, she was so embarrassed, but it was at that moment she finally dropped the knight act she had been working on and acted like herself. Guess sometimes little moments like that mean a lot.”

“That’s about the opposite of how Aiko was,” Vlad smiled, his eyes really lighting up. “She always thought she was the best eater of spicy food, no matter how many times I proved my tolerance was stronger,” he laughed. “Oh, gods, in that ritual, she made something she considered a spicy dish, and it was nothing compared to some of the other things people in camp ate. Well, by people, I mean me and two others, but still. You know, though, that was where I started to think I might like her… but it wasn’t where I knew I was in love,” he continued. “I… did something absolutely ridiculous. I threw an entire Izumin festival, right in the center of Sauville, just to force Aiko to actually take a break from working herself to death for once.”

“Heh, why does that sound just like you,” Alvis chuckled, “Doing something like that, I mean. Dragons have to think big, after all!”

“Yeah, but I was like… thirty-two at the time. I was practically a baby,” Vlad smiled again, though this one seemed less grounded. “We had a good time. There was some hot chocolate, mine had liquidized ghost peppers in it, which was awesome… A fish catching game, Aiko told me the fish were more evasive than me, until I caught one first try. And then… the fireworks. I got a ladder, you know, and we sat on the roof of my house. I watched her even more than the explosions, and when it was done… I confessed. She thought I was after her money, or power!” The man rolled his eyes. “I reminded her I’m a dragon and could have easily just squatted in Sauville demanding tribute.”

“Good thing you didn’t, I’m sure Aiko preferred the way you handled it,” Alvis smirked; he knew there were good times to flex a dragon’s might but others a more subdued approach was best. “At least you were smart enough to do it that way; Glacia had to propose to me in order for it to get into my head. During a mission in the Shadow Plane, no less! By Airus I was dense… still am, kinda, but seems you picked a great time to do so.”

“Well, it was a confession, not a proposal,” Vlad said. “I was thirty-one, which is young for a dragon, and we weren’t dating. I’d never even had a girlfriend before! She… kinda half rejected me anyways, though.”

“.. wait, really?” Alvis was confused.

“Oh, yeah, for sure. At first she didn’t believe me, like I said, but then I convinced her I was serious. Told her she was beautiful, kind, selfless, and probably my lucky charm, I think… and then she said we couldn’t, because her mother… right. She was a princess, I’m not sure I ever mentioned that. Her mom was the queen, and her elder sisters were both badass warriors in their own way. Anyways, she said her mom and sisters would kill me, so we couldn’t date. We found a compromise, obviously.”

“A… compromise?” Alvis asked.

“She declared I was to be her retainer,” Vlad snorted, then laughed outright. “Oh, gods, we were such stupid kids. I’m absolutely certain her mom knew exactly what was going down with the weird foreign boy her daughter happened to bring home as a ‘retainer’, but we felt so damn smart. We were kind of dating in secret for awhile before we made it official, because of that, but those were some fun… and difficult… times. It really did let me know I’d made the right choice. WE had made the right choice.”

Alvis was reminded of all the antics Queen Aurora had gotten up to in order to be around her loved ones, and that sounded like something she might’ve done. Come to think of it, didn’t Talva do something similar? “Heh, well, even if some choices seem stupid sometimes, you can make the most out of it in the end, I suppose. Seems like you sure did at least.”

“Yeah… yeah, I did. It was a great time, and a good life,” Vlad held the ring up to the light, watching the sun glance off of it. “I’m not going to throw it out, but I will put it up. Maybe someday I’ll need it again, for Diana or Keiko or something… but for now, I’ll only need the ring Narris will give me. Can you hold onto this for now, Alvis? I’d rather not have it burning a hole in my pocket.”

“Of course, Vlad.” Alvis took the ring, before patting him on the shoulder. “... look, I don’t know everything about your life, but if the last year's training with you taught me anything, it’s that you can achieve a lot with just some dedication and passion. Just give that same amount here and you’ll do great.”

“Smooth talking son of a bitch,” Vlad snorted, fixing up his tie. “Come on, let’s go get the rest of the groomsmen and get out there. Fifteen minutes to Narris at the altar…”

------

Narris was in a similarity small room to her fiance, muttering to herself as one of her attendants finished styling her hair. The normally buoyant dragon was visibly worried as she adjusted her rather revealing dress, "Gah…is keeping my hair up like that really necessary ye two? Same goes for those pearls…I mean I get it be a special occasion and all, but surely this be a bit excessive."

Petra sighed, taking another look at Narris’ hair. “Yes, Narris, it is necessary. I mean… you’re getting married, girl. You kinda did it out of order, but you only have your first wedding once. And you picked that dress, so don’t come complaining to me if it slips!”

“I know, right!?” Glacia giggled, “Even I chose something a little more conservative with Alv! But this does feel like you, too.”

“It’s definitely the ‘Narris’ style,” Petra agreed, smacking the bride-to-be’s hand away from her dress. “Stop messing with it! I put a lot of effort into helping you make sure there’s no accidents, for Camille’s sake.”

"Aye, that be why I went with it….That plus I be thinking Vlad might rather enjoy the view.” Narris said, growling as Petra smacked her hand away. “Alright, ye made yer point….I guess I can put up with it if means that Vlad be happy.”

“And this day’s just as much about him being happy as it is you,” Glacia said. “Make sure he remembers this as one of the happiest days of his life, Nari, and you’ll have a wonderful time going forward.”

“I mean, if he’s not happy being up there, I’m sure we can find a replacement,” Petra snorted. “It’ll be fine, Narris. You’re almost ready, let me just…” the Rohanian woman bit her lip as she took a soft brush over Narris’ face, pausing to consider every few moments. “I’m not a professional, but I do love my makeup, so… I’ve done the best I can. You’re so damn beautiful I’m not sure if my effort was even needed, but there’s no way he won’t be stunned by you now.”

“I know, Glaci….Truly, this is going to be a day the two of us will be rememberin for millenia to come. Plus, I be thinkin today will make him quite the happy dragon.” Narris said, giving the goddess a warm smile as she looked towards the mirror. She admired Petra’s handiwork, seemingly rather pleased with the result, “Well, I suppose ye be having a point….As much as i hate to brag, there be a reason beyond me personality that I was so popular in my old line of work. That said, ye did a damn good job bringing that beauty out, Petra.”

“Maybe don’t mention that old line of work on the wedding night, hun,” Petra said, humming to herself as she did another small touch up on Narris. “Ok, NOW I’m done. You look like the hottest bi- uh, woman in the entire nation, at least, Narris. How’re you feeling, though? No upset stomach I hope?”

Narris chuckled at Petra’s remark, a slight blush spreading across her face. Though she wasn’t normally one for wearing makeup, she did have to admit that Petra’s skill with it did a fine job in bringing out her beauty, “I…feel…well truth be told, I be both terrified and exhilarated, Petra. On the one hand, I feel like this be the greatest moment of me life….yet I…can’t help but shake the feelin that this be either a dream or just a fantasy. Almost like it be unreal…”

Glacia shook her head, “If it was a dream, well, I think I spent an awful lot of time helping set this up!” She giggled. “You’ve worked so hard on this, Nari, don’t be scared! It’ll be great, you’ll see!”

“My wedding with Rolven was the best day of my life,” Petra added. “Though… it was a Blackfang wedding…” She shuddered, shaking her head. “So I doubt yours will cause any property damage, which is good. Do you think they got him to actually wear the suit? Rolven told me he was quite resistant to it, especially that tie.”

“Knowing Alv, he probably got him to do it,” Glacia said. “Probably told him something like how good he’d look in one.”

“I be willing to bet yer husband probably tried to say how much it would anger that father of mine if he showed up in a nicer suit.” Narris chuckled as she gave Petra a quizzical look, “Really? I’d heard the stories but….always just wrote them off as being tall tales…especially what i heard about Eyvel’s. No way anyone would allow a cannon to be shot like that….”

“I wasn’t alive for those ones, so I don’t know,” Petra shrugged. “Sounds like the queen though. You think he used any of the colognes or perfumes I left for him? I figured you’d like it if he smelled nice up there, Narris, so I left him a wide selection.”

“Knowing Alv, he probably said something silly like ‘a dragon’s scent is better than any perfume,’” Glacia shrugged.

Petra rolled her eyes, muttering. “Men, I swear to every god listening, they’re so stupid about these things sometimes.”

“Heh, I’m sure it be a nice scent knowing ye…..” Narris shook her head at the two’s remarks before sighing, “I would say otherwise, but…ye know Vlad. Ye know he ain’t exactly the best when it comes to these things. Still….he does at least try though.”

“And that means a lot, I think,” Glacia smiled. “If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t try. Personally, I think it’s much better to try but struggle than to not try at all, Nari.”

“True…it does mean a fair bit, Glaci. Honestly, he may not be perfect…but the fact he trys means the world to me….” Narris chuckled, “Who knows? Perhaps with time he be gettin it.”

“He’ll learn,” Petra joined in after a moment of silence. “Or, at least, he’ll get better at it. That’s actually what convinced me to marry Rolven. As much as he can be a bit of an idiot, he’s actually pretty smart, always trying to do better. I don’t know Vlad so well as you two, but from listening to your stories, Narris, I think he’s the same kind.”

“Seems that way from what I’ve seen,” Glacia giggled.

“As much as I hate to admit it, that i…fiance of your’s does seems to share that with Rolven. Both can be hard headed or oblivious much of the time, but they are smarter than you initially give them credit for. Not only that, but they do care about those they hold dear….even if they could do a better job of showing it.” came a stern voice from behind the trio. Looking in the doorway, they could see a tall dark skinned man with piercing green eyes and short trimmed white hair. Narris turned around and gave the figure a smile as she moved to embrace him,.”And here I was thinkin that ye weren’t going to show up, Dad. At least that be what I had heard from Rolven…”

“Well, let’s just say that Rolven and that bondmate of yours made a rather good case as to why I should be there. That, plus I want to make sure that idiot of yours doesn’t leave you at the altar.” Araya joked, returning his daughter’s embrace.

“Oh, so Rolven guilt tripped you?” Petra asked. “Really, he shouldn’t have had to. You know how much it means to a woman to have her father walk her down the aisle? I didn’t get to have that, and I can’t believe you almost let your silly pride take it away from your daughter too!”

“Is that the ‘dragon pride’ Alv keeps going on about?” Glacia giggled. “I dunno if I’ll ever get that, to be honest…”

“It be okay to admit it dad, ye didn’t want to show up for yer own daughter’s wedding because it would mean swallowin yer pride….and facin the dragon who bested ye.” Narris said, rolling her eyes as Araya sighed. He threw his hands up in defeat, “I…suppose it was a mix of that and him egging me on. But yes…..I suppose you do have a point even if I don’t care to admit it.”

Petra huffed. “Come on Glacia, we should go get into position. Let Narris tell her dad he’s an idiot herself,” the Alistinian woman said, grabbing the arctic elf’s hand and half-dragging her out of the room, giving Araya a disapproving glare as she walked out.

“Okeydokies, have fun with that Nari!” Glacia waved goodbye to the two dragons as she floated alongside the Alistanian.

Araya opened his mouth to speak, but said nothing as he heard Narris growl. “Ye know she be right, dad. I know ye don’t like me fiance, but ye can at least put that dislike aside for today for my sake.”

“Fine….I suppose I can tolerate him for today, if only because I do not wish to ruin your happiness. That said, once today is over…..the three of us are going to have a long chat about what I expect from him if he is to be married to you.” Araya said, sighing as he offered his daughter his arm, “Come on, we best not keep him waiting. Bahamut knows I’d rather not give that upstart something else to use against me…”

“That’s all I ask from ye for today, Dad.” Narris said, taking her father’s arm as they departed the room.

------

Vlad stood on the left side of the altar, fiddling his fingers as he looked around. First, he glanced down his own line of groomsmen; Alvis was there, just to his right, the best man of this particular wedding, then Lowell, and beyond him Rolven. The final spot for the groomsmen was empty, to be filled by Araya once he had walked Narris up the aisle, a thought that prompted Vlad to look over the bridesmaids, right as Glacia and Petra settled in, Glacia in the foremost position as the maid of honor. He watched as his adoptive daughter, Keiko, made a face at Petra, getting a small giggle in return. At the end of the line was Aoife, who he gave a brief, nervous smile, and shark-like woman who he remembered as Diega, though he didn’t know too much about her.

Vlad let his eyes drift over those in the seats to watch, not particularly paying attention to them; he knew some of them, of course, he could see Yuki and Shieldy, and the damned cat who had tried to see if she could grab a piece of his hoard, whether it was a joke or not, and lots of people he figured knew Narris and had less than zero idea who the fuck he was, but that was ok.

He next looked to the sky; the sun was a bit past it’s zenith, something he had asked for in regards to the timing, not wanting to be wearing the heavy, dark suit that had been picked for him by those more knowledgeable in fashion during the hottest parts of the day. A few birds flew by, too fast and small for him to identify from unfamiliar breeds, and in the far distance he watched as a passenger jet fly by, probably well out of sight of most in attendance. He wasn’t sure who he had to thank, but the weather was beautiful, not to hot or too cold up on the small dais of the altar, the flowers in perfect bloom, beautiful and large, not a cloud in the sky, yet somehow without sunlight so bright as to be blinding when reflected off the white lattices around. And then the door of the church creaked, and Vlad forgot about everything else as his head snapped around to watch his bride begin her journey to him.

He could see Narris being escorted by her father down the aisle, a long white veil covering her face as her revealing dress fluttered in the wind. She carried a bouquet of blossoms of gold, silver, and white in her hands, all of which glistened brightly as they were struck by the rays of the afternoon sun. She walked side by side with her father, whose suit clad form towered over that of his daughter. As the two approached the altar, Araya glared at Vlad with barely concealed contempt, but said nothing as he released Narris from his custody. The great wyrm took his seat beside Marron and Iriyea in the front row of seating as Narris took her place across from Vlad.

Vlad didn't say anything; even he knew it was the officiant's time to speak, but he stared at Narris, in the dress he had refused to be shown before now, and swallowed heavily. He knew, right now, that Alvis had been right, and all he really needed to do was dedicate himself to the beautiful woman across from him, a task he suddenly felt was not only doable, but outright easy. Of course he would devote himself to her; she saved his life, his mind, and then accepted who he was all the while trying to help him be better… what more could he ask?

At the altar, the high priestess of Glacia and de facto leader of Glacius, Fridea Chandel, stood behind a podium, the elf giving the crowd a warm smile. “Honored Guests, in the name of our Lady of Affection,” she gave a smile to Glacia, who winked back, “We are here today for a most joyous union. If you may, please state your vows, to show your devotion and affection for one another.”

Vlad took a breath, reaching out to take Narris’ hands in his own. “I… sometimes I struggle with putting my feelings into words, so this wasn’t the easiest thing for me,” he began, as the rest of the wedding and the party started to fade out of his notice, his eyes only for Narris now. “To be honest, I’m not entirely convinced I deserve you, Narris. There’s the obvious things, of course; you’re beautiful, your force of will seems second to none… but it’s really your love, your unshaking faith, that makes me move, and… in the morning, the first thing I do is check if you’re still there. It’s a bad habit, and an old one I can’t seem to shake, but you have no idea how much it means to me when you turn and smile at me in those first moments of waking up. I… this has gone a little off what I had prepared,” Vlad awkwardly smiled. “I wanted to talk about how strong you are, how you’ve already been such a good mother to Keiko and Diana, how you’re so beautiful… and I do love all of that about you, but I’m in love with the woman who refused to let me ruin myself, directly or not, and continues to refuse to let me forget how amazing the world can be. You have done more for me than I can ever repay, Narris, but I swear to you, for the rest of our very long lives, I will do my damndest to repay it in every minor and major way, to make you the happiest, healthiest woman in the entire world.”

Vlad could see a faint smile through Narris’s veil, all the while the sound of a soft giggle could be heard coming from the bride to be. Narris had planned her vows well, but was at a loss for words as heard Vlad's. "Vlad….I…" she muttered, stumbling for a few moments as her mind raced, "Before I met you, I was unsure of what it was I wanted for my life. For years, I had spent me time in the vacuous pursuit of pleasure with me friends and former loves. Yet, looking back…it was an empty life and brought me little purpose. That…Well that changed when ye saved me from being devoured by that wyvern.” the dragoness paused, with Vlad being able to hear her holding back a few tears as she choked out, “Vlad, I not be lyin when I say ye be bar none….the best thing that has ever happened to me. It not be an exaggeration to say that I have grown fond of all yer little quirks and that personality of yers. Furthermore, I don’t think ye fully understand how much it means to me to able to wake up everyday in yer firm embrace….knowing that I be havin a home with ye and our family. I owe ye more than ye will ever know or than I can ever express in mere words, Vlad. I…I can’t promise that I can ever fully repay ye, but I will be damned if I won’t do me best to make sure that I do everything I can to make ye the happiest and most fulfilled man in all the realms.”

Fridea smiled as she heard the vows. “Now, Vladmir, under the blessings of the Lady of Affection, do you take Narrislyn as your wife?”

“I do,” Vladimir replied, and he pulled a small, golden band, in which was set a pattern of rubies, that formed the shape of a dragon’s head and fire, and slipped it onto her left ring finger.

“And do you, Narrislyn” Fridea continued, “Under the blessings of the Lady of Affection, Take Vladimir to be your husband?”

“I do.” Narrislyn replied as she summoned a golden band with runes carved into the surface, two deeps blue gems mounted set in what appeared to be a dragon’s head. She slipped the ring onto his right ring finger, all the while giving him a smile.

“By the power vested in me by…” she winked at Glacia, who waved with a smile, “Our Lady, I am overjoyed in uniting this couple in affection as husband and wife.”

Vlad reached forward, lifting the veil from Narris’ face, losing his breath as he stared into her deep green eyes, just barely noticing the makeup work as he he pressed his rough lips directly against Narris’ purple covered ones, holding for a second before breaking apart, a large, content smile on his face.

Narris closed her eyes as she returned the kiss, all the while her strong arms wrapped around her husband and pulled him into a close embrace. As their kiss ended, her smile seemed all the brighter as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

Alvis walked up first to pat Vlad on the back, “Congrats, man.” Glacia meanwhile gave all the Bridesmaids, Fridea and then Narris hugs!

Petra followed immediately behind Glacia, giving the other bridesmaids hugs of her own, then heading for Narris, but she was swiftly beaten out by a little blur with wildly waving tails as Keiko dashed past Glacia, jumping up at Narris and wrapping her arms around her. “Congratulations, mom! I think you kinda did it in the wrong order, but now we really are a family, right?”

Narris returned the hug, all the while patting Keiko’s ear’s, “Aye, that we be sweetie….even if yer father and I did in a bit of an unorthodox way. And thanks Kei….you have no idea how much it means to be hearin that!”

Iriyea and Aoife for their parts moved to embrace Narris, and followed up with embracing the other bridesmaids. The aasimar chuckled as she eyed the dragoness and Vlad, “Congratulations, you two. Honestly, after all you have been through….I’d say you have earned a happy life together.”

“I don’t know that I earned much of anything, but I’ll happily take it anyways,” Vlad said, scratching the back of his head with his left hand as he turned to his groomsmen, giving each in turn a quick hug and clap on the back.

Marron meanwhile just sighed, unsure of why she even bothered to attend this; it was in no small part what she did that caused this to end up happening.

Glacia then gave Narris an extra hug, “So, Nari, got any plans on where you’re gonna go? Or will it be a surprise?”

“Oh….well first I think Vlad and I are going to take a little trip to Mount Aegir for a little ceremony there….and then probably go on a nice long trip to somewhere exotic….maybe a beach or island.” Narris chuckled as she returned Glacia’s hug, all the while Aoife sat next to Marron. She patted the half dragon’s back, giving her a reassuring smile, “Though it may not seem like it, she did value your presence here, sister. Even in spite of her marrying him, she does still care for you as both her bondmate and friend. Do not forget that.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Marron shrugged. “I’m trying to be better, I’m spending more time with Jasimine and Ana and all that. I can deal with Narris marrying that guy and all that. ‘Sides, if you can believe it I actually patched things up with Mythra.”

“Aye! And that be proof enough that ye have grown since yer days in Undellah with the two of us, lass. I know we were hard on ye….perhaps even excessively so, but ye have more than made up for it with what ye’ve done both as Brasa and thru yer work in Rohane. Mind ye, that also don’t excuse Nari and I’s faults with ye either.” Diega said, resting a hand on Marron’s shoulder as she gave her a toothy grin, “All that bein said, I think I speak for us all when I say we be proud of ye for how much ye’ve grown.”

“... thanks,” Marron said, seemingly finding it hard to really look Diega in the eye. “I’ll keep trying to do better, so you all will wait and see what I’m really capable of.”

“I know ye will, lass. And don’t be forgettin that if ye stumble….Ye can count on me to help ye back up.” Diega replied

“Yeah, I know sexyfish,” Marron rolled her eyes, but still willing to look at Diega directly now. “I’ll keep in in mind. But just… have fun with everyone for now, alright? This is Narris’s big day, I’ll just head out…”

"No, ye ain't doing that, lass." Diega said, a sigh sighing as she sat next to Marron, “Runnin away like that won’t solve a damned thing and ye know it.”

“Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine,” Marron groaned, “I’ll stay if you want it, but I’m not gonna do much.”

Araya for his part grumbled as he made his way up to where Narris and Vlad were standing, feigning a smile as he embraced his daughter. “Congrats, little wing. I be proud of ye for finally settling down.” he said, breaking the embrace as he cast his gaze towards Vlad, “Heh, it’s hard to believe that two years ago we were coming to blows when you violated my home….and now I have to….er have the [i/] the pleasure[/i] of calling you my son in law. Certainly quite strange to be calling you that if I am being honest.”

Vlad smiled, even his dislike for his father-in-law only putting a small damper on his mood. "Very understandable; I am, after all, older and more powerful than you. But it's OK, father, I promise to take the best possible care of Narris, forever, if I'm lucky."

“You really are quite the comedian aren’t you? That was almost funny….almost as funny as your claim that you won our little duel..” Araya said, rolling his eyes. His lips formed into a small smirk as he spoke, “You and I both know the only reason you won that skirmish was because I was holding back. If we were to duel for real, you would have been defeated in the end….you little pretender.”

Vlad slowly breathed out through his nose, his smile becoming a little forced. "Come now, father, surely you don't want to relive how I defeated you in a one on many battle on the day I wed your daughter? Why not think of happier things, like how much she loves me?"

Araya’s smirk faded, his eyes seeming to grow colder as he glared at his son in law, “Oh, I fully intend on….settling[i/] that matter at a later date, preferably after my daughter’s….wedding. After all, it would not do for me to sully today by undermining her image of you.”

“Vlad….Father.” Narris said in a cold tone, her emerald eyes narrowing and brimming with barely concealed anger as she looked toward the two men before her. Her lips formed into a forced smile as she spoke, “Do you really wish to make the mistake of ruining what is supposed to be a day of celebration? Particularly over something so [i]trivial
as the outcome of an old fight? Certainly you can put aside your differences for a few hours for my sake…..”

"I would never risk ruining this for either of us," Vlad said, grabbing his bride's hand. "I'm sorry if I worried you, Narris."

“I…apologize, little wing. I would never ruin your special day, particularly over this l….wonderful man you’ve married.” Araya remarked, swallowing his anger as he forced a smile.

“Good…I was almost worried that we would have a problem. Glad to see that my two favorite wyrms can put aside such pettiness on a day they should be celebrating.” Narris said, her scowl forming into a smile..

Vlad gave a quick glare at Araya, before leading Narris off the altar. "Come on, we should go mingle with the crowd… or at least you should. I think most of these people don't know me at all."

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon May 02, 2022 3:07 pm

Written with Glaristant

The skies over the Aravean port city of Oured were a brilliant blue and filled with clouds as far as the eye could see, all the while the surface of the great blue ocean below reflected the sun above. On the horizon one could see the snowcapped peaks of the Valais mountains rising from the plains surrounding them, all the while flocks of seabirds flew to and fro. Yet on this particular day, those observing from Oured could see two shimmering golden glints in the sky. The glints seemed to move rapidly, diving in and out of cloud banks as faint roars could be heard echoing through the clouds. “GWAAR! Ye weren’t lying when ye said how great travelling this way was, love. It be like a dream.” came the voice of a massive golden dragon, her giants wings flapping as she dove under her far larger companion.

There was a deep laugh from her gigantic companion as he rose a little to avoid a collision. "Let's try not to spook the people below too much, Narris. I have a whole month to spend just on you, I don't want to spend it running from the authorities… again."

"Live a little, Vlad. After all, what be life without a little risk?" the "smaller" dragon bellowed as she fell in beside her larger companion. As the two dove through yet another cloud, they could see the skyline of Oured come into view. The city’s gargantuan metal and glass spires rose high into the air, their sleek black and grey glass facades glinting as the sun reflected off of them. Below the spires, the pair could see the bustling wards of the city stretching on into the horizon as vehicles roared down the many highways and roads the divided the vast cityscape. Flanking the bay on which the city sat was a park with wide open green fields and small lake, filled with tiny marble figures. “Ah….the jewel of Aravea….Looks like any other city to me.’ Narris said, as she flapped her wings once more, slowly descending towards the land below, “Come on, we best start prepping to land lest we stir up any trouble.”

"I've seen larger," Vlad bragged, following Narris down. "And who just told me to live a little, huh? I thought we were planning to fly directly to the hotel!" He laughed as he landed and changed into his humanoid form. He was wearing a white shirt with a blue flower pattern on it, made of some light cloth, and a pair of white shorts that stopped shortly above his knees, as well as leather sandals. He hadn't bothered to hide his scars, though as he picked up his pack and added sunglasses to his ensemble, at least the ones on his face were less obvious.

Narris chuckled as she landed, turning back into her humanoid form as well. Unlike Vlad, she was wearing a white sundress that did a fair job of showing off her voluptuous figure. As she reached down to grab her pack, he got a quick glimpse of the sky blue bikini she wore underneath the dress. She gave him a smirk as she latched onto him, intertwining their arms as they set off on the road down towards a nearby visitor center, “Oh come now, Vlad. You know very well that these humans would lose their marbles over seeing a pair of great wyrms fly into the heart of their city. Besides, it not’s like I couldn’t use the walk….gotta trim down a bit more after how rotund I was thanks to ye.” Narris giggled.

"A great wyrm and his favorite wyrmling, you mean," Vlad replied with a smirk, taking her arm as they walked. "And I seem to recall that it takes two to tango, miss. Though what happened after…" he sighed.

“OI! By any other definition, I be old enough to be a great wyrm.” Narris said in a mock offended tone, all the while resting her head on Vlad’s shoulder for a few moments, “Oh lighten up, hun…..in spite of all that happened, things have ended up turning out for the better. Ye have a loving wife, two daughters that love ye, and a great home. Surely that be worth all we had to suffer through.” Narris said, giving Vlad a reassuring smile as the pair walked towards the center. After half an hour of walking, the pair were able to secure a ride aboard bus towards Oured.

He reached up, squeezing her hand on his shoulder. Most of the walk was spent in silence, but shortly before they boarded, Vlad spoke again. "Narris… thank you. When I say that you saved me from myself, I mean it. I wouldn't be here, for anyone, if it weren't for your determination and love. I know you got some help, but… it was you who brought me back."

Narris merely gave him a small smile, followed by a short kiss as they sat down at the rear of the bus. She leaned against him as the bus stirred, beginning the drive into Oured, “Vlad….you be welcome, love. I did save ye, yes but I do think that ye forget that you weren’t the only one who was saved through our meeting. Were it not for meeting you in Anfang, I….I likely would be six feet under by now. Honestly….you gave me a new purpose in living when ye saved me from that wyvern.”

“I don’t know that I did that much,” he replied, resting his head against hers. “I saw someone in need, and helped them. I’ve always strived to do that, you know,” he continued, pausing for a moment. "I suppose my luck really is pretty good, isn’t it? Stumbling around with no purpose to my life, finding a beautiful woman in need… practically out of a movie, don’t you think?”

“I suppose it be, dependin on how ye look at it, Vlad. Between that and ye finding little Keiko, seems like yer luck be really good.” Narris giggled as the bus began to enter the city. The vehicle drove past countless neighborhoods for what seemed like well in excess until it last reached the heart of the city as the driver called out, “Diedrick Street!” Narris nudged Vlad gesturing to a large hotel that dominated the block. The pair could see several sylphs, elves, tanager, and humans milling about on the block as vendors hawked their wares on the side walk. Narris shrugged as they passed several upscale shops on the street, “Guess this be it. Not bad for downtown I be guessin.”

“You know, Narris, I kept meaning to ask and forgetting, where did you pick up your accent?” Vlad said, grabbing their luggage to carry it himself. “I mean, I don’t think I’ve heard anyone else talk quite the way you do. Obviously my accent sticks out, too, but… well, you know what I mean.”

“Promie me ye won’t laugh when ye hear this….” Narris said, a light blush forming on her cheeks as she grabbed some of their luggage, the two beginning to carry through the hotel lobby, “It actually be somethin I picked up during my days operating as part of a pirate crew. Our captain was from South Silverdale and spoke like this. Given I was….rather enamored with er, I sort of adopted her accent. Ended up gettin stuck with it.”

Vlad was silent for a moment, a long breath out of his nose the only indication he hadn’t suddenly disappeared again. “Does that mean… does that mean that if we’re together long enough you’ll switch to talking like me?” He asked, breaking into a smile. “Now that I think I would enjoy, my wyrmling.”

“Perhaps, if ye be a good wyrm instead of runnin out on me I will. That said, it be quite a while before I will even think about copying ye. Tho….ye spoilin me and teachin me a few lessons might change that, master,” Narris said, cracking a small smile as she gave Vlad a playful nudge, “That’s wyrm or queen to you, Vlad, Gods know i be old enough to be one now.”

Vlad sighed. “I know I can never make it up to you for leaving like that, much less what happened after I left, but I really really wasn’t in my right mind,” he said, taking her bags. “Just to say it again, I promise never to leave you like that again. If I’m going somewhere without you, you’ll know where, and why, and if possible, how long. So… can you please forgive me?”

“Vlad….I….I already have forgiven you. Had I not, we wouldn’t be here or still be involved with one another.” Narris said, embracing Vlad as she gave him a reassuring smile, “There still be a bit you need to make up for, but don’t think for one second that that i haven’t forgiven ye….”

He sighed, rubbing her head. “Maybe I just can’t forgive myself, then,” he said, kissing her forehead. “Come on, let’s check into the room. Maybe after that we can go exploring a little, if you’re not exhausted from little wyrm’s first transcontinental flight?”

“A little, but not enough to miss out on explorin a bit.” Narris said, giving him a smile as she broke the embrace. She disappeared for a few moments, returning a short time later with a bellhop and two platinum keycards in hand. Giving him a wicked smile, she spoke, “Consider it done. Got us the penthouse suite with a generous tab for room service. Even got us a lovely view of the coast.” The bellhop took the remaining luggage on his cart as Narris took her husband’s hand within her own. After a quick elevator ride, the pair arrived at the top floor, the door opening to reveal an extensive living room with marble floors and fine wood panelling decorating the walls. The decor was rather elegant, as between the fine art and statutory placed throughout the penthouse one could almost feel as if they were in a museum. The furniture seemed to be mix of antiques and high end modern designs, all the while Vlad could see that the place boasted high end holo displays and many other modern conveniences. Yet what truly drew their attention was massive windows in the living room that gave an excellent view of the crystal blue ocean and white sandy beaches below. Narris chuckled as she strode in, carrying a small basket filled with a bottle of champagne, chocolates, and even what appeared to be a mix of platinum and gold cards, “Not bad, I’d say. I mean it be no cave, but I think this’ll do for our little lair for this trip, don’t ye think?”

“It’s kind of too fancy,” Vlad said, poking a statue gently. “Kinda… pretentious, I guess? The view is pretty fucking stellar though, and I won’t say no to free booze. What’re the cards for? I’m… still kinda catching up on the whole ‘reading these languages’ thing.”

“Oh mostly just passes and cards for the higher end restaurants and clubs in town, along with some of the attractions.” Narris giggled as she pulled Vlad to the window, wrapping his arm around her waist, “Though, if I’m bein honest….we might very well end up spendin most of our time on the road or on the islands west o here.”

“Or in bed,” Vlad added. “This isn’t my first honeymoon, my little wyrm, I know what happens during these. Also, you know, I enjoy an adventure, but if we’re paying for a room this fancy, I intend to make damn good use of it.”

“Oh, trust me…ye will more than get yer money’s worth…” Narris said, pulling Vlad forward into a kiss as her lips formed into a wicked smirk, “That said, I do intend for us to have a little fun beyond the bedroom. Perhaps trackin down some of me old hoard and a relic or two.”

“Currently satisfied on relic nabbing,” Vlad said, returning the kiss. “... always up for treasure hunting though. Not today, though, I want to see the city at least a little. This might surprise you, but I quite like large cities. They’re fun to explore. And they usually have good food.”

“Heh, I never would have taken ye for one to enjoy spendin time within the city. That bein said, I suppose ye be right. Given this place be the country’s gateway to the world, we should have ample opportunities for good food and sites.” Narris said, giggling

“All the gateways to the world in this entire world are full of new and interesting things to me,” Vlad replied, looking out the window, watching as the sun started to set. “I don’t usually spend so much time in a world I start to grow used to the culture. There have been a few… Izumi, Sauville… there was a place named Terra, but that was… even by my standards, that was a horrid place and time.”

“Well, let’s just say that ye will be havin plenty of time to grow accustomed to Mystria, Vlad….cause i don’t plan on lettin ye go anywhere for quite a while.” Narris said, cuddling up to him as she watched the sun sink below the horizon. The amber and purple rays reached out over the ocean, reflecting across its surface as the pair looked on, “I know this not be Izumi or Sauville, but….hopefully in time it can grow on ye like they did.”

“I don’t like Sauville,” Vlad replied quickly, watching lights in the city slowly turn on. “It reminds me of a lot of pain. Don’t worry, Mystria has easily surpassed that… after all, you and Keiko and Diana are here.”

“Heh…I’m glad ye feel that way, means I don’t have to worry.” Narris said as she uncorked the bottle of champagne, producing two crystalline glasses for the pair, “Jokes aside, it be meanin a lot to hear ye say that, Vlad. Honestly, I had been somewhat worried that three of us wouldn’t be enough to keep ye here.”

“I would never knowingly abandon a child of mine,” Vlad insisted with surprising force. “Nor their mother. I am many things, and a good number of them are bad things, and I accept that you have reason not to trust me, but I will never be the kind of man who abandons my family. I will not become my mother, my grandmother, or my great grandmother,” he added with disgust, but it was hard to tell if it was at himself or the various women of his family as he quickly drained his glass of champagne.

“I realize that, Vlad. If I didn’t see that in ye, I wouldn’t have agreed to marry ye or continued to be with ye. The truth of the matter be that even in spite of yer flaws, ye still be a damned good man and an even better partner.” Narris said, giving him a reassuring smile as she led him to a sitting room over looking the city. She pulled him onto a plush looking couch, cuddling up to him as they watched the dancing lights of the city below, “Though ye can be a bit dense at times, I wouldn’t trade ye for anybody in the worlds. Ye can count on that.”

Vlad sighed, wrapping his arm around her and pulling Narris in tight to him. “I don’t think I’m dense, it’s just a lot to learn when you’re actually sticking around a place,” he told her, moving to hold her with his other arm as well. “I… heard that you had a thing with that guy who did comms for the heist, Nialis, before I arrived… and a woman named Marron…” He spoke slowly, like he was having trouble picking the words and then getting them out of his mouth, before he trailed off.

"I….Well…." Narris trailed off as she looked away, seemingly unsure of how to answer. She had admittedly been dreading this topic, but nonetheless expected him to bring it up at some point, "I did, yes. Them and a silver dragon. Truth be told, I had been considering settlin down with the latter two before she ascended and I…lost myself cause of it."

"They never think about those they leave behind," Vlad said. "... you still love her, a little bit, don't you?"

"No she didn't. Showed up six months later askin me to serve her, just like nothin happened." Narris remarked, a hint of bitterness in her voice, "I would be lyin if I said I didn't. But…I don't know what to make of it given you and how I've changed."

"I… what was her nickname for you? Romantically, I mean," Vlad asked, squeezing his wife closer to him.

"You'll find it silly but she used to call me buff wing….on account of my old physique. " Narris said

"... sorry, I'm not using that," Vlad snorted. "I was planning to steal her pet name for you, the way I somehow stole your heart."

"Well…there was another name she called me by….Bondmate," Narris said, softly

Vlad leaned down, kissing Narris on the lips. "Now that one I will be claiming. You're my bondmate, no one else's, and certainly not that bitch. In fact, the thought of her calling you that again is making my blood boil already…"

"Fair enough, Vlad. " Narris said, smirking as she leaned into the kiss all the while stroking Vlad's neck, "Heh…I love it when you are possessive like this…so invigorating…"

"I don't think you can blame me," he said, pulling her after him as he walked away from the window. "Let's go to the bedroom. We can go exploring tomorrow."

"Sure thing….master." Narris said, cuddling up to Vlad's chest as they moved towards the bedroom, "Mhrm…so nice…"

------

Vlad was up first the next morning, as he usually was. A nice benefit of being such an old dragon was the he didn't actually need to sleep but once every couple of weeks, so it was easy for him to tuck in a sleeping, rumpled, Narris, grabbing his pants and heading to the kitchen.

He didn't drink coffee; he found it to taste like gross fire, so instead he made himself a cup of tea, a habit and skill he had developed living in Izumi for so long. When it was done, he sat in a chair overlooking the city, watching the lights pass as the first hints of the sun began to appear on the horizon.

Vlad did not have long to enjoy the sunrise alone, as soon he heard the sound of light footsteps coming from the kitchen. He heard the shuffling of glasswear and the coffee maker starting, before seeing the nearly nude form of Narris stumble into him. She grumbled for a moment as her eyes adjusted to the light, muttering "Good….morning, Vlad…hrm…so nice."

“You don’t have to get up yet, Narris,” Vlad said, giving her a kiss. “We’ve got awhile left, you can sleep in. No kids to look after, either, just you and I,” he finished, turning to look out at the still rising sun, grabbing her in one arm and holding her close. “Though, if you insist on staying up, maybe I can see if you’ll fall asleep with a little warmth, tired one.”

"Mhmm…but it be too…comfortable like this to go back to bed Plus….need…to…make sure…ye don't get into…trouble." Narris mumbled, cuddling up to her husband as they watched the sunrise.

“And why would I get into trouble with you?” Vlad laughed softly, stroking her hair. “It’s no fun if you’re not there to get in just as much trouble, don’t you think?”

'Because ye be….I…guess so. We do tend to have more fun when we be together." Narris muttered as she drifted between sleep and wakefulness, "Just be waiting…until ye see what be in store for you once we find…me hoard."

“Even more gold, I hope,” Vlad kissed her forehead. “Maybe some neat items… and a whole lot of fun and love with my bondmate, right?” He asked, picking her up and carrying her to the kitchen. “Ok, let’s get some coffee in you, little wyrm. If you want to be up, let’s be up.”

"There be plenty of gold, lots of silver…..maybe even a new sword for ye." Narris said, as she purred in Vlad's arms, seemingly somewhat more awake, "Just don't be thinkin try can take all of it. It be my hoard after all."

"What's mine is yours, so what's yours is mine, obviously," Vlad teased, setting her down on the tiled kitchen area. "Our hoard, love."

"Heh….fair enough, love " Narris said, giving him a playful nudge as she set about brewing the pair a cup of coffee. After starting the coffeemaker, she summoned a faded and weather worn map to her hand. Narris gave him a smirk, happy to have the chance to show off some of the basic magic Vlad had taught her, "I figure we can spend the day in the city….then perhaps we can be off on our real honeymoon."

"You just can't get enough adventures, can you?" Vlad laughed, watching her move. "What is the plan on that anyways? Rent a boat, go sailing out? If we just fly it might be over too fast…"

"Oh come now, they provide plenty of opportunity for fun and treasure. That bein said….the plan be we go from island to island, sailin, flyin etc. Maybe stop at the various beaches and mountains as we hunt me hoard." Narris chuckled, letting her night short slip from her shoulders to show off a bit.

Vlad cleared his throat, blushing slightly as he looked away. "What will you do if someone else has already taken part of it?"

"Hunt them down…. politely convince them to return it. After all, I doubt many would refuse a dragon's request…." Narris joked as she nuzzled against Vlad.

He nuzzled back with a chuckle. "Well, you mostly look like a very attractive woman to me, I'm not sure you're all that scary," he said. "But I'm sure you can convince them anyways."

"There be more tools in a dragon's arsenal than intimidation, master." Narris smirked, tracing a finger over some of Vlad's scars as she repositioned herself a bit, allowing the sunlight to reflect off her skin, "I think me charms should suffice fer the task…."

"Those charms are for me," he growled, before catching himself. "Uh… let's not flaunt your beauty too hard, ok? You'll make people jealous."

Narris gave Vlad a wicked smirk, all the while a slight laugh left her lips, "I wonder if it be less people will get jealous and a more a certain wyrm will…"

"Greatwyrm, thank you," Vlad replied with a huff. "And you know you're doing it on purpose, my wyrmling."

"Then ye should be able to figure out why I do, my wyrm." Narris said, giving a faint smile as she looked out towards the city once more, "Ye needn't worry, Vlad. Ye should know well by now that I be yers alone."

"Damned right, you're my little wyrm," he said, kissing her neck. "We should decide what to do today, because I'm starting to feel inclined to staying in all day…"

"Hrm…right ye are, master." Narris smirked, blushing at the kiss., "Well, I was thinking that we could be seein some o the musueums and shops downtown."

"Sounds good," Vlad said, picking her up again. "You might need to convince me that it's better than staying here, or maybe the beach, or a show…"

"Well there be plenty of shows and beaches here if ye like. The latter might be fun, especially since I did promise ye I would take ye to one…" Narris giggled

“Victory,” Vlad crowed, placing Narris on the bed as he swiftly changed into a pair of shorts and a button up shirt, with yet another new flower pattern on it. “These shirts are so weird. I don’t know why you love me wearing them so much.”

"It be a victory for both of us.” Narris said, quickly donning a snug gold bikini and a green sundress. "Ye look cute in em, that be why. I don't know why, but it just suits ye."

“Hmm… well, if you say so,” Vlad smiled at her, grabbing his sunglasses off the table and donning them, as well as a small leather wallet that went into his pocket. “Museums, beach, some kind of show? Got your bag and everything you’ll need?”

"Of course. Now let's get to that beach shall we?" Narris said as she hefted a green leather purse over her shoulder, all the while donning her sunglasses. She strode out the door, swinging her hips as she motioned for Vlad to follow her, "Ye coming, master.

“Why don’t we start with the beach first, then maybe catch a show?” Narris said, donning a pair of sunglasses as she placed her bag over her shoulder. Taking his arm within her own, she smiled at him, “Let’s go, shall we?”

"Of course, little wyrm," Vlad linked his arm with hers. "A different kind of adventure!"

"You are lucky you are so cute, master. Otherwise I wouldn't put up with you." Narris teased, resting her body against Vlad's as they walked towards the elevator, which soon delivered them to the ground floor. The pair soon hailed a black cab, telling the driver to take them to the nearest beach. The journey itself was about an hour from there to the beach, leaving Narris plenty of time to cuddle up with Vlad.

Vlad blushed a bit before resting his head against Narris’. “Don’t call me cute, I’m older than you! If anyone is cute, it’s you, anyways,” he commented while watching the city go by out the window. “I’m sorry I almost had a fight with your dad. He just really pisses me off somehow.”

"Ye really are too sweet, Vlad." Narris said, nuzzling against him. At the mention of her father, her mood seemed to dampen a bit, "It not be yer fault…Quite honestly, me father can be a right pain in the scales when it comes to dealing with other dragons…. especially when they best him or it be too involving me."

Vlad smirked. “Especially when they beat him and get married to you, I suppose?” He started laughing, pulling her closer with his right arm. “This might be obvious, but I’d marry you again in a heartbeat, today, tomorrow, everyday forever.”

“You know I’d do the same for you, every and any day….Vlad. Ye be someone who I’d glady do that with ye fer all eternity.” Narris chuckled as she cuddled up to Vlad, her head resting against his chest as they crossed over an iron bridge that spanned a massive canal. Vlad could see several boats passing through it as sea bird flew overhead. Off in the distance, he could make a sizeable white sandy beach touching the crystal blue waters of the ocean. The cab driver for his part chuckled, as he looked in rearview mirror, muttering, “You know that you are quite a lucky man, sir. From the looks of things, i’d say you two would cross the worlds for one another.”

“Oh, I’m sure the lady wouldn’t stand for me trying to go that far away,” Vlad smiled and laughed, watching as a seagull stole some fries and flew off.

“Perhaps…or perhaps not. Honestly, it just does my heart good to see such a loving couple. At any rate, we should be there momentarily…..” the cab driver remarked as the vehicle slowly but surely reached the beach. From what Vlad could tell, it was oddly empty for early afternoon. "Alright, here we are…Crowne Beach. Hope you two love birds enjoy yourselves." The cab driver spoke as the door to the cab opened.

Vlad exited the cab with a smile, holding out his hand for Narris. “My love? Shall we begin our day of fun in the sun?”

Narris took his hand, tossing a bag of coins to the cabbie. She placed her hand on Vlad's waist, "Let's get it started, darling."

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rohane Alista » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm

Written with Glaristant

The setting sun glistened off the gentle waves as the boat idled offshore, a truly peaceful moment. At least, that was, until a man burst out of the water, a pump of wings briefly heard as he landed on the deck of the small yacht, grinning and holding up his prize, a rather large fish. "Narris! I got dinner!"

Narris, who had been sunbathing, chuckled as she watched her husband burst out of the water. "Heh…not bad at all, love. I gotta say, ye really be improving at this" Narris said, embracing him.

"I wasn't bad at it in the first place," Vlad pouted, then laughed, returning the hug and leaning up to kiss her. "There was half a moment I thought about just turning into a dragon and eating all the fish…"

"That would have been quite the sight, love. I might have even joined in on it too…." Narris said, giggling as she gave Vlad a kiss in turn.

“Didn’t want to disrupt the local industry too much,” Vlad said, kissing her again before breaking away towards the back of the boat. “Are you hungry? I can put this thing on ice for a bit, if you’d like?”

"Sweetie, by the end of this trip….It will be a miracle if we don't cause a drop in the local fisheries." Narris joked, giving her husband a playful nudge, "It really is up to you, love. I mean you know I am always in the mood for some good sea food.."

“Awe, come on, I don’t eat that much,” Vlad replied, opening a cooler and setting the fish inside. “Eh, I don’t wanna deal with it right now. Not when I have a beautiful sunset to watch with an even more eye catching lady!... ok, well, I’m still working on flirting, so don’t judge too harshly.”

"Love, you will get with time and if not….Well you don't have to worry about flirting again, given you've got me." Narris teased, giving a slight giggle as she pulled up a chair by her own. As she sat down, she patted the seat beside her, "heh….Getting to spend a lovely evening on the ocean with a cute dragon….now this is the life."

“I’m not cute,” the man complained, blushing, as well as ignoring the open chair to cuddle up with Narris on her own. He handed her a chilled bottle of beer, his own set on the deck, and set his head on her shoulder. “Still, I want to make you blush and feel admired. Flirting is a good way to start, at least.”

"You totally are, especially when you try to flirt." Narris giggled, holding Vlad tightly as she took the beer. Nodding, she spoke, "Love…you already do that. Between trips like this, the love you give and more….you do an excellent job of making feel loved and admired."

Vlad’s blush deepened as he averted his eyes slightly, but still snuggling close to his new wife with a content sigh. “Well, good. But I can always do more, be more, be better for you. That’s what love is, anyways, so don’t think you can stop me!”

"Hah…..well if it means that much to you, then I suppose I can let you do more for me…" Narris joked, all the while kissing the tip of his right ear.

He shivered, closing his eyes. "You know those are sensitive. And it does. I want to prove I can be just who you think I am. To myself, at the least."

"You know you love it, sweetie." Narris smirked, holding him close as she whispered, "Vladimir…..there is nothing you need to prove to me that you haven't already done so a thousand times over. You are….well you are quite simply the best thing to ever happen to me."

"But I need to prove it to myself," he spoke quietly, wrapping an arm around her waist. "I promise, it's not about being worthy… OK, not mostly about that. It's mostly about wanting to be able to see myself the same way you do. The same way I see you; as a beautiful person, with a heart of gold and the will to back it up…"

"Alright….alright …" Narris sighed, before giving out a chuckle. She pulled him in for a deep kiss, "You have proven your point, love. Though I do ask that you don't allow your desire to overwhelm you nor cause you to forget why you mean so much for me…."

Vlad returned the kiss, running a hand through her hair. "Come on, the only desires that ever overwhelm me these days are for you and naps," he chuckled, kissing her again. "Though I admit, the first of those gets me quite often."

"Heh..it better overtake you quite often……If it didn't I wouldn't be doing my job now, would I?" Narris joked, as her tongue danced with his.

"And what is that, exactly?" Vlad teased, returning her actions as he continued to run his hand through her hair. He slid himself so he was half-laying on her, the slowly setting sun on his back.

"Making you the happiest dragon in the world…." She remarked, teasing him as she ran her fingers across the tip of his left ear.

Vlad shivered again, closing his eyes as he stretched instinctively at Narris’ touch. “Then my job is making you the happiest, isn’t it?” He said slowly, quietly, copying her actions and running a finger across her ears.

Narris shivered in turn, all the while a satisfied smile appeared on her lips, "Indeed it is….Mhmm.. someone's eager to please aren't they?"

“Always for you, love,” Vlad replied, starting to grin as he pulled himself up slightly, kissing Narris on the ear. He repeated the action, and then whispered to her. “Come on, Narris, you know you love it when I’m eager to please.”

"Then…..don't stop….master…." Narris teased, letting out a light moan. She cuddled closer to him, all the while she smirked at the warmth of his body on hers.

“As you wish,” He said, kissing her ear more and more, his hand moving from Narris’ hair and slowly down her back. “Do you like it? Your ear is sensitive too, isn’t it?”

"Mhmm…..indeed I do, love. And yes….it be quite sensitive." Narris purred, running her fingers along some of Vlad's scars on his back.

Vlad groaned as her fingers ran along the scars on his back. “Narris, you know that’s hard to handle,” he half-complained, half-encouraged, his hand sliding to the small of her back and pushing her into him as he kissed her on the lips. “And the more you do it, the more it drives me wild…”

"Yes, but I also know you enjoy it…..very much so…" Narris moaned, pressing harder on his scars as she returned the kiss, ""Then ..then I won't stop."

“Narris,” Vlad moaned, kissing her more. “Don’t stop. I want you to know just how much I want you! Always and forever!”

"Heh ….Love, at this rate we're going to end up going over the edge. Hrm…." Narris said, pressing her chest into his as she nuzzled him.

“Of the chair or the boat?” He asked into her neck, kissing it lightly. “If it’s the chair, I’ll deal. If it’s the boat… worth it for you.”

"Both….." she giggled, burying her face in his neck as she slowly kissed up it's length. She muttered, "Mhmm….I swear this gets better each time we do this…"

“That’s cause you’re so amazing, obviously,” Vlad complimented her, kissing up her neck,a small growl escaping him. “Or maybe because it’s something just for us…”

Narris shivered as she felt his kisses moving up her neck, all the while her lips formed into a smirk. "Heh….you're far more amazing than I am, my dear …"

“Nonsense,” he replied immediately, actually stopping his motion to look up into her eyes, where she could see the honesty burning bright. “I am simply old. You, Narris, are amazing. Never, ever, demean yourself, because you are wonderful, and you saved my life and my soul. I won’t hear any slander against you, not even from you.”

Narris said nothing as she pulled him into a tight embrace, bringing his head to rest on her chest. She stroked his ears as she whispered, "I know…..but I love hearing you say it, love. You do not know how much it means to know you care so deeply for me…."

"Then you'll hear it all the time," Vlad promised, shivering as she stroked his ears. "You're beautiful, amazing, and wonderful. I owe you everything, and I intend to try and repay you every single day… and if I miss one, then I'll pay you back double the next! Anything I can do to make you happy, I'll do it."

Narris chuckled, seemingly quite pleased with her husband's remarks. She kissed him in turn, pressing her chest against his, "I will hold you to it then, love . Gods…..I swear you really are too good for me, Vlad."

“Do I have to remind you that you’re too good for me every time?” Vlad asked softly, then chuckled right back, kissing her more. “Narris, come on. I wanna hear you acknowledge your own self. You deserve that kind of confidence!”

"You could do to remind me of it more, love." Narris said, laughing as her free hand traced the scars on his arm. Her mood dampened as she sighed, "I know sweetheart…you are right."

“Hey, whoah,” Vlad lifted her chin to look him in the eyes. “Narris, my love and bondmate… is there something wrong? I just wanted you to know how much I really do respect and love you, but… have I made you sad?”

"It's not so much you Vlad..as…well you're going to think this is absurd but…" Narris giggled as she pulled a silver in the shape of a hawk's head from around her neck, "It's just I haven't heard anyone say that to me in centuries. Be it as a pirate, a courtesan, or mercenary…now and when I met my first mate are the only occasions in my life when I have had someone who felt that way."

“Well… that’s kinda sad,” Vlad confirmed, kissing her forehead.”But, love, I’ll always feel that way about you, and I’m here forever. And it’s hard to deny you getting a little teary about it is probably better than, uh… what I did…”

"What….what exactly did you do this time, love?' Narris said, holding her husband ever tighter.

"When I freaked out, Narris," Vlad explained patiently. "When I… I ran from you, because I met someone who seemed like they genuinely wanted to love me… did I ever explain that? That I ran because… because I thought you loved me, and I… I'm sorry, Narris."

"Oh…stupid me…" Narris said, chuckling slightly as she pulled Vlad's head to rest on her chest, "My sweet dragon, you have more than made up for that….be it in making me a mother or giving me the greatest gift I have ever received, you. "

Vlad sighed, playing with her necklace slightly. "We just keep running around in circles on this issue, don't we? I'll never feel like I made it up to you right, and you'll always feel like I'm everything you needed?... well, that does make me happy, though."

"Look….if it makes you feel better, love….I will let you make up for it as much as you wish." Narris teased, her fingers dancing across his ears once more, "That being said, I am happy it at least brings some happiness to you …'

Vlad shivered, whining slightly as she played with his ears. "Nari, you know those are sensitive," he said softly, but he didn't seem to want her to stop.

Narris smirked, pinching the tips of his ears as she cooed, "I know….But I also know that you oh so love it when I do this…."

Vlad fully shuddered as Narris pinched his ear lightly. His eyes fluttered closed as he whined again. "Narris… so nice…"

"Such a cute dragon, aren't you?" Narris giggled, kissing the tip of his right ear.

Vlad blushed, looking up at her with an affected pout. "In what ways am I cute, huh?... keep doing that, by the way, I love it…"

"Well there's your stature of course, followed by that rear of yours, as well as how….dense you can be at times. Most of all though, …I love how sweet you are to me….how you treat me like a goddess…"

Vlad buried his face in her chest, more as a way of trying to hide how red he’d gotten, though his ears gave it all away anyways. He mumbled into her chest, “Narris, you are as good as any goddess to me…”

Narris laughed heartily, running her fingers through her husband's hair. A bemused smirk adorned her face, all the while she whispered, "I swear love, this just be my favorite thing about you. How adorable ye be when ye be admitting such an obvious truth…."

“Awe, come on,” Vlad complained softly. “I’m doing my best here. There’s a whole lotta rust to shake off, and even then, I was never the best at… the mushy stuff,” he admitted with a sigh and a happy rumble as she stroked his head. “You are so good with your hands, oh man…”

"Give yourself some credit, love. You're a lot better at it than you think…." Narris said, stifling a giggle as she tousled his hair. Her other hand cupped his chin, lifting his head up to look into her eyes. He could see a pleased smile, all the while her golden orbs stared into his own blue eyes with a hint of amusement in them, "Trust me love, you haven't seen even a fraction of what I can do with them…."

“What, have you been holding out on me?” Vlad asked teasingly, then suddenly moved forward, catching her in a kiss. He broke it a few minutes later with a satisfied smirk. “I can’t have that, Narris. I want to know everything about you…”

“Oh….it will come in due time, love. Besides, you know a dragoness never reveals all of her secrets to her mate….At least not without a bit of coaxing…” Narris teased, returning the kiss as a sly grin spread across her lips.

"Narris," Vlad replied, a tiny bit of red swimming in his blue irises. "Don't taunt me too hard, young lady, or you're going to get more than you bargained for!"

“Oh, I think I know very well what I am bargaining for, old man. That be part of the reason why I married you, after all.” Narris teased, smirking lightly as her fingers danced over the scars on his right arm, “Still….I suppose you can show me again later love. After all, you were going to watch the sunset with me, were you not?”

Vlad shivered slightly, his scars sensitive to certain kinds of touches, which Narris had long since figured out. He growled a little at her interruption of their activities, but sighed and nodded. "You are the worst tease I've ever known, bondmate, I swear it. Yes, we're going to watch the sunset, but when that's done…"

“When it’s done, you’re going to get a generous reward for being such a good dragon today.” Narris said, smirking as she pulled him to rest on a set of chairs that lay behind them.

"Oh, wow, I wonder what it could be," Vlad teased, laying half on top of her. "Good dragon, huh? You really are the sweetest…"

“Aww…..that’s sweet, love. Though, I think you just might be the sweeter of us…” Narris said, smiling as she kissed him.

Vlad returned the kiss, deciding not to respond right away as the sun started to slip below the horizon. He cuddled up with his wife, watching it indirectly, and let out a content sigh. "I wish I hadn't run away like I did. We could have had so much more of moments like this…"

Return to NationStates