NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC] [TWI Only] West of Argus Collaboration Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

[OOC] [TWI Only] West of Argus Collaboration Thread

Postby Solaryia » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:42 pm

West of Argus Collaboration Thread

Image
(This map is filler until I can make or find a more fitting picture, suggestions are welcome)


Greetings! With the recent uptick in active nations across the subregions of Raedlon and the Mesder Sea, I and many others were discussing our histories and how to make them connected, and I realised that it would probably be better to create an central on-website collaboration thread like this! This thread can be used for all cooperative matters regarding the nations west of Argus, however it'll primarily focus on our common histories.

Current Projects:
-Establish a timeline, starting with the Imperial War as a common focal point
-Aquire a list of basic histories for everyone in the subregion
-Potential growth of the ROS

National history factbooks for reference: (Tag me here with the link to add it in)
Solaryia
Last edited by Solaryia on Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Timeline

Postby Solaryia » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:45 pm

I'm planning on making a common, colour coded timeline to go here in the future, both to help clear up history for ourselves, and to make it easier for newer members to involve themselves in the regional canon. I'll post Solaryia's parts soon, and if you want to submit significant events regardng your nation, be sure to tell me!
Last edited by Solaryia on Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Plasminia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

The 1IW (First Imperial War)

Postby Plasminia » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:15 pm

Alright, so I have been working on Plasminia’s history, specifically during the First Imperial War (Which I believe is where the idea for this thread was conceptualized), and I would really appreciate some feedback regarding some of the political things that went underway during this time. I always find working backwards in history and up always helps one develop their lore much better off than starting from the present and going backwards (This is just a personal opinion).

So, during/before the 1IW this is what me and Mikovia (Which was known as the Kingdom of Mikora at that time according to Mikovia’s factbooks) looked like respectively (Red is Plasminia, blue is Mikovia).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

In that time allegedly Mikovia was a mighty empire (He wishes to go down a “Fallen from grace” sort of route when it comes to his nation and its history) that was a member of the Neo-Imperialists. I’m unsure as to when he would have joined, or anything specific about that subject (I am not that well versed in TWI lore) but regardless, Plasminia (My nation) would have been neutral at first.

A good bit of my history and lore revolves around the canal (Which I sorta wrote into existence) that lies in between east and west Raedlon, known simply as the Western Canal. I haven’t pondered as to when it was constructed, but all I know is that Laeden constructed it sometime when Plasminia was underneath their jurisdiction (Which would probably have been before 1918, the agreed upon date as to when I became independent, of which I have no details for). The canal would have been important geopolitically during the events of the 1IW, and attracted the attention of the powers that be. As of now, Plasminia’s entrance into the 1IW would have been played out something like this:

Plasminia is neutral, it does not wish to lose its recently acquired independence. Laeden controls the canal, Laeden is neutral as well and does not wish to participate in the larger conflict that is engulfing the world. The Kingdom of Mikora is not pleased with trade being conducted between Altera and Laeden and pursues an aggressive naval policy perhaps akin to WW1 Germany’s Unrestricted Submarine Warfare, resulting in the sinking of neutral vessels.

This is the part where it gets tricky. I am unsure as to what the sequence of events are as follows. I suppose it is entirely up to Laeden, but these are some options.

Laeden embargoes the Kingdom of Mikora and refuses them the use of the Western Canal (Or perhaps declares war on Mikora for the sinking of its maritime vessels), prompting Mikora to decide that a complete takeover of the Western Canal is necessary. That being said, the Western Canal is located in Plasmina (A small former colony, so the thought of invasion makes sense), more notably located directly next to the Capital city of Cahan and drags my nation into the 1IW.

I don’t particularly know as to what year this would have occurred, or the correlation of events in relation to this event specifically. Perhaps the war was getting desperate abroad, and the seizure of the Western Canal could have assisted the Neo-Imperialists. I don’t know, so I was hoping this could be the sort of thing that you guys are experts on.

Obviously Plasminia does not take kindly to this, and officially declares war on Mikovia. Sometime after the seizure of the port does Plasminia opt to become one of the Free Powers.

Now this part is also tricky because this requires a lot of cooperation. Obviously Plasminia cannot repel their aggressors alone (Seeing as how it was a long established empire, and Plasminia was a small, former colony) and thus would have needed aid. This would directly tie into the aftermath of the conflict, so that is why I will write that before I start talking about a counteroffensive in order to paint a picture as to what must occur to reach the end result, and to what scale would such an invasion look like. Mikovia wishes to have lost the conflict very spectacularly, with it being divided into East and West Mikovia (I believe underneath Free Power occupation) which would look like this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I also want to note that is currently established that Plasminia was ceded the western territory of Mikovia post war (Do not confuse this with West Mikovia) which looked something like this:

Before the war: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

After the war: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

So, I wanted to discuss the likeliness of some sort of official post-war “Peace Conference”, where the fate of the losers was to be decided by the victors of the war. Whether this meeting encompassed the whole war on every front and involved every nation in the 1IW, or perhaps limited to the nations that participated in Raedlon I do not know and would appreciate feedback. Plasminia, without a doubt could not have made those territorial gains alone and would have most likely needed the support of some larger nation to acquire those territories. The reasoning as to why? I believe a good reason perhaps would be to disarm the Kingdom of Mikora/Mikovia (Which ties in nicely with the fact it was split into East and West Mikovia) and inhibit any lingering ambitions they may have to wage war in the future, i.e to restore regional balance on Raedlon. The next question is, who occupied/governed East and West Mikovia? Was it simply split, or did the Free Powers directly control the nation (It reunified in the 80s I believe, so that implies some level of foreign control) and who economically could do such a thing?

Now back to the events directly after Plasminia was invaded. I know Laeden has expressed that his nation would have participated in repelling the Mikoran occupiers. This is about as far as I have gotten in writing about a war on mainland Raedlon, and figured this was best left collaboratively explained. Some potential allies in this time are Solaryia (They explained to me they have remnants of their fleet somewhere nearby), as well as Altera (Of which I do not know much about) in this conflict. As for dates, the campaign, the level of manpower and militaristic might needed to overrun Mikovia, or Mikovia’s internal integrity, once again I do not know. I’d like to point out a joint effort between Laeden and Solaryia might tie in nicely with the whole idea of amending past relations and burying the hatchet.

This is all I have for now. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

User avatar
Mikovia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Feb 19, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikovia » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:35 pm

Mikovia (then the Kingdom of Mikora) was part of the neo-imperialists during IW1. I'm thinking of Mikovia having had diplomatic ties to the other neo-imperialists in the years leading up to the conflict. When war broke out, Mikovia also joined in. As mentioned by Plasminia, Mikovia was not pleased with the trade between Laeden and Altera and began a blockade, which in turn sank down several of the neutral ships.

In response to this, Laeden did a trade embargo with Mikora or declared war. Either way, an attempt to invade Plasminia and a takeover of the Western Canal, causing them to join the free powers and declare war on us. Now, I haven't decided what will happen during this time period but the invasion would be a failure and Mikora would lose the war later on. Mikovia was forced to cede part of its territory to Plasminia and was occupied by 4 of the free powers. We would later be divided into an east and west; the west being a thriving, democratic nation and the east being a socialist de facto, somewhat like Germany.

I haven't wrote much on my overview so I'll be sure to add my history later on.

User avatar
Scaedia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Scaedia » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:18 am

Hello everyone! I've got a few bullet point things I need to work/collaborate with all of you on that I think could really establish some good history for Raedlon.

  • Invasion of Scaedia in IW1
  • International Reaction to the Fascist Coup in the 1960s
  • International Peacekeeping Operations in the 1980s
  • Figuring out how the Borders of Scaedia were Established (i.e. explain Scaedic-Solaryi exclaves & that bit of Mikovia that dips into Scaedia)
  • Establishing Modern Foreign Relations/Trade

I'm planning on having a news article out by the end of the day today or tomorrow that'll officially announce Scaedia's application for membership in the Raedlon Organization of States. Solaryia, Nhoor, and I were planning a roleplay diplomatic dinner to discuss Scaedia's desire to join the RoS, however if any of the new nations are also interested in joining I think we should hold off on that roleplay so we can include them in it.

User avatar
Plasminia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Plasminia » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Scaedia wrote:Hello everyone! I've got a few bullet point things I need to work/collaborate with all of you on that I think could really establish some good history for Raedlon.

  • Invasion of Scaedia in IW1
  • International Reaction to the Fascist Coup in the 1960s
  • International Peacekeeping Operations in the 1980s
  • Figuring out how the Borders of Scaedia were Established (i.e. explain Scaedic-Solaryi exclaves & that bit of Mikovia that dips into Scaedia)
  • Establishing Modern Foreign Relations/Trade

I'm planning on having a news article out by the end of the day today or tomorrow that'll officially announce Scaedia's application for membership in the Raedlon Organization of States. Solaryia, Nhoor, and I were planning a roleplay diplomatic dinner to discuss Scaedia's desire to join the RoS, however if any of the new nations are also interested in joining I think we should hold off on that roleplay so we can include them in it.


I'd love that! Perhaps we can revive the high-speed railway concept that was once proposed as well?
Last edited by Plasminia on Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Plasminia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Plasminia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:21 am

A slight change in plans guys, it seems that Mikovia has left the roleplay.

Instead of re-writing my lore, I have decided that I still want to incorporate the lore I have. All I have to do is replace Mikovia with some other nation that existed to the east of Plasminia. Instead of waiting for someone to join TWI, settle in Mikovia's spot and ALSO want to be a former Neo-Imperialist, I am going to simply that eastern Plasminia was its own separate nation at one point. Essentially the script is the same, just with different actors.

User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Solaryia » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:29 pm

So, I've been binge watching youtube lately, and I came across this series where a guy is trying to make a complete ethnic/linguistic map of the world, and I thought "huh, that would be cool if I did that". So I'm making a map of Raedlon a lot like this one: https://i.redd.it/bqr3uvwv05h21.png, and although I might expand it to others in the region, I feel that this would be a bit easier just as a start. So feel free to outline ethnic groups in your nations/the colours that you'd want them to be, and how they relate to other groups in the same area. In addition, as I make the map I'll probabably TG you guys individually or DM you on discord, just as a heads up as well.
BTW, here's the map so far (a big WIP obviously): https://i.imgur.com/RKMn4nn.jpg

Mentioning Nhoor, Asterios, Plasminia, Alteran Republics, Borisuelo, Scaedia
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Scaedia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Scaedia » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:04 pm

Tagging Solaryia and Belantica.

So Scaedia's borders are a little funky and I wanted to put some reasoning behind it. I mentioned to Sol in the discord about having the Solaryia-Scaedia exclaves be explained either by wanting to limit Scaedia's access to international waters (maybe post-fascism, maybe in the 1800s, we can work that out). I've not really come up with any ideas to explain that chunk that Belantica bit out of the west of Scaedia, but I'm sure we can work something out there too.

My preferred explanation at this moment in time is probably that the modern borders were drawn at a peace convention as the Second Scaedic Civil War ended and the fascist regime was removed from power. This borders would probably have been determined by a combination of cultural boundaries as well as potential economic gain (if you're so inclined). Going this route give us a good excuse to wrench out what exactly went down in 1986 that led to the end of Scaedic Nationalism, potentially a historical RP could be in the cards.

User avatar
Scaedia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Scaedia » Wed May 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Hey everyone, I'm planning an event I think will be good to kind of get some activity going in Raedlon and the surrounding areas. I'm thinking about having a heat wave in Scaedia, and am extending to anyone interested a chance to collaborate on this. I'm going to TG a link to this post to everyone I think may be interested. Please go ahead and share it with anyone else you think would be affected by a heat wave.

No major details are set in stone at the moment but I hope to have at least the first posts about high temperatures out by the end of this week. The actual heatwave wouldn't come until later, approximately the 30th I'd say. I figure we can all work out details about how the heatwave impacts all our nations and who is hurt the most in the TG chain we'll set up. Hope to hear from y'all soon!

User avatar
Belantica
Diplomat
 
Posts: 780
Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Wed May 11, 2022 3:47 pm

Sticking a pin in this: I’ll read up and post my ideas when I have actual free time.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Solaryia » Wed May 11, 2022 5:18 pm

Scaedia wrote:Tagging Scaedia

So Scaedia's borders are a little funky and I wanted to put some reasoning behind it. I mentioned to Sol in the discord about having the Solaryia-Scaedia exclaves be explained either by wanting to limit Scaedia's access to international waters (maybe post-fascism, maybe in the 1800s, we can work that out). I've not really come up with any ideas to explain that chunk that Belantica bit out of the west of Scaedia, but I'm sure we can work something out there too.

My preferred explanation at this moment in time is probably that the modern borders were drawn at a peace convention as the Second Scaedic Civil War ended and the fascist regime was removed from power. This borders would probably have been determined by a combination of cultural boundaries as well as potential economic gain (if you're so inclined). Going this route give us a good excuse to wrench out what exactly went down in 1986 that led to the end of Scaedic Nationalism, potentially a historical RP could be in the cards.


Perhaps the enclave regions could’ve been historically contested between the more land focused Scaedians and the more maritime focused Solaryi? Like a larger part of the coast was originally settled by Nordic Solaryi looking to stop limit the slave raids and act as outposts in Raedlon (given that the mountains would’ve been mostly impassable). Then for some reason the Scaedians got control of them all the way up until the fall of the dictatorship, which had attempted to ethnically cleanse the Solaryi-majority area. Then during the intervention in the civil war, portions of the former exclaves were handed over to the Solaryi again due to the large amount of ethnic Solaryi that still remained in those regions (hence why we only have the lower third of that peninsula in the modern day).
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Solaryia » Wed May 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Scaedia wrote:Hey everyone, I'm planning an event I think will be good to kind of get some activity going in Raedlon and the surrounding areas. I'm thinking about having a heat wave in Scaedia, and am extending to anyone interested a chance to collaborate on this. I'm going to TG a link to this post to everyone I think may be interested. Please go ahead and share it with anyone else you think would be affected by a heat wave.

No major details are set in stone at the moment but I hope to have at least the first posts about high temperatures out by the end of this week. The actual heatwave wouldn't come until later, approximately the 30th I'd say. I figure we can all work out details about how the heatwave impacts all our nations and who is hurt the most in the TG chain we'll set up. Hope to hear from y'all soon!


I’d also like to take part in this, it would probably particularly affect the north and west of the country which is used to far colder temperatures. The high temperatures would cause various deadly avalanches, and the large amounts of melting snow could potentially even overflow some of the older hydroelectric dams in the more populated valleys, leading to flooding. Also, perhaps this could lead to greater cooperation between the Solaryi’s and the Scaeds (and potentially the Belanticans) leading up to their inclusion in ROS?
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Scaedia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Scaedia » Wed May 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Solaryia wrote:
Scaedia wrote:-snip-

You know, that flooding actually would be cool because I was thinking about the interior of Scaedia experiencing a drought from the heat wave. So in one nation you'd have dangerous amounts of water and a dangerous lack of water.

I hadn't even thought about the ROS but I think this would definitely be a way to get the average person to say "hey, maybe our nations do work well together" if the cooperative efforts work out well. Maybe then the nation with the highest temperatures should be Nhoor or Solaryia so that it would be further emphasized that it wouldn't just be Scaedia or Belantica being helped by other ROS states, instead that they can be the ones doing the helping.

User avatar
Solaryia
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jan 08, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Solaryia » Wed May 11, 2022 5:39 pm

Scaedia wrote:snip

Perhaps some of the flooding could revolve around that lake on our border or something like that? It could be a good way to have some cooperation efforts since the river going from it forms part of the border and has multiple towns from both nations on either bank.

Also slightly unrelated, but perhaps this is a good way to art substance to that future dinner meeting. If Scaedia’s and Belantica leaders come to discuss inclusion into ROS in Eridanis, it could be under the backdrop of the drought and the cooperation efforts, and could possibly even end with news of the drought causing some bad event (dam breaking, avalanche, something like that). Also mentioning Nhoor and Belantica for the meeting.
❅ The Winter Republic ❅
"It looks like the flag a disney princess would have if they became a fascist"
-Eurania 2021
Proud member of The Western Isles
Advising everyone to go take a walk outside and breathe in fresh air

User avatar
Scaedia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Scaedia » Fri May 13, 2022 6:47 pm

Solaryia wrote:snipp snip snip

I think that idea works great. During a time of crisis I could imagine Scaedia opening its borders to those fleeing floods/avalanches, which is definitely a big step forward for a nation that was so xenophobic and isolationist only a little over thirty years ago. Just to visualize the flow of this story here's what I'm thinking so far.

  • Nations that are going to experience the heat waves notice a sharp uptick in temperatures this coming week but not substantial enough to be a heat wave yet(May 15th to May 21st)
  • Whichever nation will have it the worst will be the first to have a period long enough to be a heatwave by the end of that week and beginning of the next
  • The week of May 22nd will see the heatwave proper begin for the other nations
  • First big crisis occurs, coinciding with the ROS membership meeting
  • By the end of the month droughts are beginning in some places, heat waves probably dying down in others

User avatar
Belantica
Diplomat
 
Posts: 780
Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Mon May 16, 2022 8:16 pm

Scaedia wrote:Hey everyone, I'm planning an event I think will be good to kind of get some activity going in Raedlon and the surrounding areas. I'm thinking about having a heat wave in Scaedia, and am extending to anyone interested a chance to collaborate on this. I'm going to TG a link to this post to everyone I think may be interested. Please go ahead and share it with anyone else you think would be affected by a heat wave.

No major details are set in stone at the moment but I hope to have at least the first posts about high temperatures out by the end of this week. The actual heatwave wouldn't come until later, approximately the 30th I'd say. I figure we can all work out details about how the heatwave impacts all our nations and who is hurt the most in the TG chain we'll set up. Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Given the heatwave, this also gives an oppurtunity for something else, an outbreak of severe storms.

Since the heat wave will most likely leave lots of dry air setting around, a cold front could easily build up strength and cause a large line of storms to cross over the region. What these storms will do is of course, up to everyone who lies in the path. For me personally, I was thinking about an outbreak of tornadoes (yes, I can't be any more Midwestern than that) that would impact a major metropolitan area, in addition to smaller communities
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1212
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 28, 2022 4:09 pm

While the Society has been very isolationist ever since its inception (which I am thinking it should be between 1500-1800), I am very much looking forward collaborating with you guys to develop the history of my nation. I need a willing ally and a willing enemy, already-established (minor) trade partners, and some to relate to my populace in the terms of ethnicity and culture. Basically, I can't do this alone, even if until now my nation has been extremely isolated. Anyone interested in some good ol' fashion brainstorming?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

A totalitarian, socialist, fascist society ruled by a ruthless dictator known as Big Brother, the First Triumvir Donovan Xavier. The omnipresent and endlessly oppressive government is made up of four ministries: The Ministry of Truth, the Ministry of Love, the Ministry of Peace, and the Ministry of Surplus.

Takes up present-day Russia, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.

Big Brother is watching you…

NEWS: 42 42 42 42 42 42 42

I am a 15 year old weirdo living in the United States. I like politics, reading, and goofing off. Aspiring WA author.

Bendicion wrote:This is America. The only thing that changes is the gas prices. And it's changing for the worse.

User avatar
Costavozka
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: May 17, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Sun May 29, 2022 9:03 am

The Orwell Society wrote:While the Society has been very isolationist ever since its inception (which I am thinking it should be between 1500-1800), I am very much looking forward collaborating with you guys to develop the history of my nation. I need a willing ally and a willing enemy, already-established (minor) trade partners, and some to relate to my populace in the terms of ethnicity and culture. Basically, I can't do this alone, even if until now my nation has been extremely isolated. Anyone interested in some good ol' fashion brainstorming?

I'd be happy to play the ally role from 1893 until 1932, then swap to enemy, if that's fine with you. I'm also thinking that Costavozka was isolationist until 1932, when the nation was undergoing some really bad times, in which a revolution was held, making the nation a little more open socially speaking and a lot more open economy-wise.

Also, I'm thinking to have Costavozka was founded around 1800 (preceded by a bunch of smaller nations), had a revolution in 1893, then again in 1932, in case you couldn't tell.
|| The Truth of Costavozka: June 24, 2022: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Ministry of Economics requests foreign tech companies to expand to Costavozka. "We would be most grateful for your support and happy to do business with you". | Ministry of Economics eyes further relaxation of international trade restrictions. | Military to resume readiness drills. ||

A Puppet Nation of Mirum
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views
NS STATS ARE NON-CANON!
Yes, This Nation Is Based Off Of Arstotzka From The Video Game Papers Please.

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1212
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 29, 2022 9:08 am

Costavozka wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:While the Society has been very isolationist ever since its inception (which I am thinking it should be between 1500-1800), I am very much looking forward collaborating with you guys to develop the history of my nation. I need a willing ally and a willing enemy, already-established (minor) trade partners, and some to relate to my populace in the terms of ethnicity and culture. Basically, I can't do this alone, even if until now my nation has been extremely isolated. Anyone interested in some good ol' fashion brainstorming?

I'd be happy to play the ally role from 1893 until 1932, then swap to enemy, if that's fine with you. I'm also thinking that Costavozka was isolationist until 1932, when the nation was undergoing some really bad times, in which a revolution was held, making the nation a little more open socially speaking and a lot more open economy-wise.

Also, I'm thinking to have Costavozka was founded around 1800 (preceded by a bunch of smaller nations), had a revolution in 1893, then again in 1932, in case you couldn't tell.

Excellent! And in 1932, when I become a enemy, we cut off all terms of the previously-established mutual support treaty and I become a total loner with no friends (lol :) until now, under new leadership.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

A totalitarian, socialist, fascist society ruled by a ruthless dictator known as Big Brother, the First Triumvir Donovan Xavier. The omnipresent and endlessly oppressive government is made up of four ministries: The Ministry of Truth, the Ministry of Love, the Ministry of Peace, and the Ministry of Surplus.

Takes up present-day Russia, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.

Big Brother is watching you…

NEWS: 42 42 42 42 42 42 42

I am a 15 year old weirdo living in the United States. I like politics, reading, and goofing off. Aspiring WA author.

Bendicion wrote:This is America. The only thing that changes is the gas prices. And it's changing for the worse.

User avatar
Costavozka
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: May 17, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Sun May 29, 2022 9:12 am

The Orwell Society wrote:Excellent! And in 1932, when I become a enemy, we cut off all terms of the previously-established mutual support treaty and I become a total loner with no friends (lol :) until now, under new leadership.

Good! I like where this brainstorming session is headed! I will, however, probably need people to back the two different sides of the '32 revolution. The sides were:

-The "Revolutionaries" (the ones fighting to preserve the original revolution)
-The "Counter-Revolutionaries" (the ones that wish for a more democratic system and freer markets)

The Counter-Revolutionaries end up winning, by the way. Also, I will need a place for the fleeing Revolutionaries to head to once it is over, if anyone is willing.
Last edited by Costavozka on Sun May 29, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| The Truth of Costavozka: June 24, 2022: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Ministry of Economics requests foreign tech companies to expand to Costavozka. "We would be most grateful for your support and happy to do business with you". | Ministry of Economics eyes further relaxation of international trade restrictions. | Military to resume readiness drills. ||

A Puppet Nation of Mirum
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views
NS STATS ARE NON-CANON!
Yes, This Nation Is Based Off Of Arstotzka From The Video Game Papers Please.

User avatar
The Orwell Society
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1212
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 29, 2022 9:19 am

Costavozka wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Excellent! And in 1932, when I become a enemy, we cut off all terms of the previously-established mutual support treaty and I become a total loner with no friends (lol :) until now, under new leadership.

Good! I like where this brainstorming session is headed! I will, however, probably need people to back the two different sides of the '32 revolution. The sides were:

-The "Revolutionaries" (the ones fighting to preserve the original revolution)
-The "Counter-Revolutionaries" (the ones that wish for a more democratic system and freer markets)

The Counter-Revolutionaries end up winning, by the way. Also, I will need a place for the fleeing Revolutionaries to head to once it is over, if anyone is willing.

What was your culture like back then? If it is drastically different from mine (which is essentially what it would be like if the UK and US merged cultures under a oppressive dictatorship government), my nation could have taken them. The government isn't completely evil, you know. Plus, more workers!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

A totalitarian, socialist, fascist society ruled by a ruthless dictator known as Big Brother, the First Triumvir Donovan Xavier. The omnipresent and endlessly oppressive government is made up of four ministries: The Ministry of Truth, the Ministry of Love, the Ministry of Peace, and the Ministry of Surplus.

Takes up present-day Russia, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.

Big Brother is watching you…

NEWS: 42 42 42 42 42 42 42

I am a 15 year old weirdo living in the United States. I like politics, reading, and goofing off. Aspiring WA author.

Bendicion wrote:This is America. The only thing that changes is the gas prices. And it's changing for the worse.

User avatar
Costavozka
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: May 17, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 am

The Orwell Society wrote:What was your culture like back then? If it is drastically different from mine (which is essentially what it would be like if the UK and US merged cultures under a oppressive dictatorship government), my nation could have taken them. The government isn't completely evil, you know. Plus, more workers!


I have no way to honestly describe it and do it justice, but it did have elements that could be described as UK and US merged cultures.

I'll hop on telegrams to work out the rest with you so we don't blow up the thread.
Last edited by Costavozka on Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| The Truth of Costavozka: June 24, 2022: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Ministry of Economics requests foreign tech companies to expand to Costavozka. "We would be most grateful for your support and happy to do business with you". | Ministry of Economics eyes further relaxation of international trade restrictions. | Military to resume readiness drills. ||

A Puppet Nation of Mirum
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views
NS STATS ARE NON-CANON!
Yes, This Nation Is Based Off Of Arstotzka From The Video Game Papers Please.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The Selkie

Advertisement

Remove ads