NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:37 pm

Heavens Reach wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:I sit left of centre myself. I also believe in moderation and fairness. Repealing NAPA was only fair to non-member nations as it removes one more hurdle that they needed removed in order to disarm WA members. Given the current stance the WA seems to want to take, I will now wholeheartedly support a repeal of Rights and Duties, so that we can finally pass a resolution, guaranteeing that the WA itself will retaliate with nuclear weapons, should a member nation be attacked by a non-member nation....

If this is truly an environment of disarmament, that's never going to pass. And if it's not, there's no need for it to pass. I'm not going to bore you with my stance on it, since you already know

I never said the WA itself is taking a disarmament stance. The WA is taking a repeal everything that is more than ten years old stance. The Security Council is no different. Apparently all it takes is stretching the definition of reality to it's absolute tensile strength limit and confusing people as to what the word "available" actually means. If #2 were to be successfully repealed, I believe someone could get a WA nuclear "umbrella" resolution through....
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 pm

Wayneactia wrote:If #2 were to be successfully repealed, I believe someone could get a WA nuclear "umbrella" resolution through....

Well, we're repealing GA#2 "soon", so maybe you want to get started on that draft, then?
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:If #2 were to be successfully repealed, I believe someone could get a WA nuclear "umbrella" resolution through....

Well, we're repealing GA#2 "soon", so maybe you want to get started on that draft, then?

No…. Not me. I don’t have the will or the political clout to get something like that passed. There are a few accomplished authors here that do, and I very much hope they decide to run with that torch.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

WA Guinea Pig
Civilian

Founded: Jul 08, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby WA Guinea Pig » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:50 pm

Serious question for all: Why would you put a nation you actually care about in the WA and subject it to the whims of these muppets?

Heavens Reach
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavens Reach » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:54 pm

WA Guinea Pig wrote:Serious question for all: Why would you put a nation you actually care about in the WA and subject it to the whims of these muppets?

Because there's literally no reason not to. Once you're dissatisfied with the arrangement you leave. Simple as that. No hurt feelings.

Lounarei
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lounarei » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:26 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:

Honestly? Wouldn't mind co-authoring with you. Would be a pretty valid intro to GA proposal/repeal writing, that and I am a fan of your work.

It/Its

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:41 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Of course, if it's abortion, we need 80-plus silly, unnecessary resolutions protecting that right just to make sure that no one can ever, ever take it away. If it's the death penalty, we need multiple resolutions further regulating nations' domestic powers just to make sure that no inmate can ever be executed...but if it's national defense, we absolutely NEED to remove redundancy and make sure the law is clean and streamlined. Glad to know where this body's priorities are. If a pregnant girl wants lie and say she was raped so her family will pay for the abortion, the WA will stand right by you. If another nation wants to obliterate your country (and all reproductive rights therein), then your right to deterrence is protected...until this one resolution enshrining your right to it is knocked down. Then you're on your own.

Oh please stop being so melodramatic. A replacement is imminent I believe and while your false single tear rolling down your proverbial cheek is amusing to read, it is entirely redundant.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:15 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Of course, if it's abortion, we need 80-plus silly, unnecessary resolutions protecting that right just to make sure that no one can ever, ever take it away. If it's the death penalty, we need multiple resolutions further regulating nations' domestic powers just to make sure that no inmate can ever be executed...but if it's national defense, we absolutely NEED to remove redundancy and make sure the law is clean and streamlined. Glad to know where this body's priorities are. If a pregnant girl wants lie and say she was raped so her family will pay for the abortion, the WA will stand right by you. If another nation wants to obliterate your country (and all reproductive rights therein), then your right to deterrence is protected...until this one resolution enshrining your right to it is knocked down. Then you're on your own.

You're overthinking it, they don't actually care about the RP implications of any of this.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives