NATION

PASSWORD

Martian Short Form Diplomacy [Open'ish]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Sunset
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Martian Short Form Diplomacy [Open'ish]

Postby Sunset » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:24 pm

What Is This?
'Martian Short Form Diplomacy' is a grouping of short segments along diplomatic lines directed to or about a particular nation. They can be their own stand-alone offering or a reply of sorts but they are always from an in-character perspective. While the thread title suggests a certain venue, anyone is free to participate as long as they stick to the formula.

Regarding the Hypatian Commonwealth, as discussed on the stream-cast 'Forum Chat'...
"...the failure of the Commonwealth and the Imperium to replace their non-aggression pact is typical of the 'HC - if they really want to get their diplomacy on, they're going to have to really work for it. This wasn't just about the Eridani. Whether the 'Congos like it or not, the Eridani are part of the Yut-slash-Old Mars bloc now. They're going to have to get their diplomats out there, resolve some long-standing issues, and yeah - make a fuckton of compromises! And make sure they keep their hands and feet out of their mouth. Princess Pimp-Slap makes for a poor 'face of the nation' right now and unless they're going to give her a personality transplant, they need a whole line of competent diplomats to stand in front of her yelling 'hey, look at us!' before she can haul off and smack someone again..."

Later on that same episode, regarding the Empire of Taraskovya...
"...I tell you what, I'm looking forward to this diplomatic round-about that I've been hearing rumors of. But - and I'm just being honest here - I hope they don't send one of those hamsters - Praksians? They're cute, they're adorable, but they aren't very serious."

"I don't agree. I mean, look at Ambassador Penguin. He was over-the-top insane and some people said that because he wasn't 'serious' that people wouldn't take the Republic seriously. That it would take a good teeth-kicking to get them to take them seriously. Now, I'll grant you that they haven't done that part but ya gotta look at who might offer up their teeth. The amount of spine showed by the enemies of the Republic is well into the negative numbers. But retiring him didn't seem to make a lot of difference - no respect, no respect at all..."

SNN Nightly News with Tanya Zaldano...
"...has announced that the Secretary-General will be traveling to the Free Kingdom of Allanea for talks with King Alexander Blaken-Kazansky in Liberty-City. This announcement seems to have come more-or-less out of the blue; it has been decades since the last official diplomatic contact between the two. While relationships have never been hostile, they haven't been cordial either. While the Secretary-General's office has not released an official statement regarding the purpose of these meetings, speculation in diplomatic circles is that they will revolve around..."

From Ambassador K. Elvin-Moore's End-of-the-Week Dispatch...
'...they might not be Martian, but they're certainly one of the adults in the room. Here's a wild idea for you. If the Martian Forum is one of the diplomatic nexus in the galactic south, it would really benefit galactic stability for the GRA to set up a matching forum in the galactic north? Galaxy-wide forums have been tried but they've all failed for various reasons. Well, mostly because of certain personalities, but how's this for an idea? Multiple interconnected forums closer to where the issues they discuss are? Crazy talk!'
My Colors are Blue and Yellow

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:02 am

ANN International News - 05.17.125 ASY
"... the [GRA] government today announced the formal signing of a mutual cooperation and security agreement with the United Species of the Eridani Imperium. A spokesbeing for President Bailess told reporters at an earlier press gaggle that the treaty represents 'the codification of our long-standing peaceful and cooperative relationship with the Eridani into a formal agreement.' While the government insisted that the agreement was primarily a formalization of a status quo, others wonder whether or not this will result in the GRA finally being forced to take a side in the long-running series of Eridani-Hypatian conflicts..."

MarsTalk Daily Podcast - 05.18.125 Edition
"... and moving on to the latest from Hypatia: foreign media reports regarding an alleged altercation between Prime Minister Eden and Empress Harlow. Oh deary me... what to even say about that? Clearly Hypatia needs to get their house in order, and fast, especially as the tempo of bad news for the beleaguered Laconians continues to accelerate, with new leaks appearing daily about the Hypatian ATLAS project; a project which, sources have told the Horizon Daily Herald, has increasingly alarmed the Arkasian government..."

NDBC Arkasia - News at Night - 05.22.125
"And we bring you the latest from Mars, where our observer at the Forum declined to comment on rumors regarding the nation's potential accession to the Martian Forum. However, leaks from multiple sources, verified by this station, have indicated that the Arkasians have their eye on the Martian territory of Hasperia and have already started making moves to try and garner support for an accession to a full seat in what is widely regarded as the galaxy's most influential international body..."

NDBC Arkasia - News at Night - 05.22.125
"And coming up after the break: is no news bad news on the tensions between the Eridani and Hypatians? With no Arkasian statement on the matter since last week, some worry that the situation remains volatile and less contained then the government wants to admit. Find out more on NDBC..."

The view changes, and a series of dancing, multicolored gummy bears waving various national flags parade onto the screen as a cutesy soundtrack plays in the background. The viewer is subjected to almost 30 seconds of this before it fades out to only "Haribo Galactic: Gummies for Everyone"
Last edited by Alexzonya on Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kajal
Spokesperson

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kajal » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:43 am

MilWatch Weekly - Shalbatana Daily News, Shalbatana Arcology, Kajur-Barol Territory, Mars
Arakar Shalbatana Heru, Kajur-Barol
"...should be clear by now that the Navy is not going anywhere when it comes to Mars. I mean, if you just look up you can see that battleplate in the daytime, nighttime, whenever. They're not spying on us anymore than your neighbor is when you leave your dorm for the day. You only think it's unusual because you can see them just sitting there these days. It's not at all like the old days when everyone just assumed half the telescopes at the top of the Kitharmani elevator were pointed at the ground, and I would add that people weren't wrong about that..."

Associated Press, Kitharmani Branch Office, Kajur-Barol Territory, Mars
Himiro Arakar, Alar Kitharmani, Kajur-Barol
"...still no comment from the Federal Naval Service on when fleet elements currently stationed at Mars might be reassigned. Some commentators have opined that the FNS is disregarding a doctrine of neutrality outlined in treaties between third parties, while others continue to point out that there is no binding agreement for the FNS to regard Sol as a 'neutral' locale as a non-party to said treaties…

Power and Policy - Shalbatana Daily News, Shalbatana Arcology, Kajur-Barol Territory, Mars
"...it remains that the recent administrative controls are unprecedented at any time since the early aftermath of the Ardan wars. You don't need very many fingers to count how many nations have been completely banned from crossing the border. What happened to trusting the Border Services to make informed decisions? We trusted that people were generally honest and open about why they wanted to be here, and we certainly didn't seem to need to make them go through border inspections before..."
Last edited by Kajal on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Wait, what?"
Member Nation, Second Triumvirate of Yut, VERITAS, Martian Forum.
Historical Member, First Triumvirate of Yut, Martian Defense Initiative, Martian Port Authority

Hypatian Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypatian Commonwealth » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:03 pm

Coyote News - Talks with Friends

"I'll say it now and I'll say it again - Labour is dirty. They're dirty. I bet you, you could find Menel funding behind people like Eden or Grosse. They want to cozy up with the Elves. All this talk of ultimatums and war -- it's all nonsense. It's a distraction. And I'm not falling for it. And you know what? If the Empress did backhand the Prime Minister -- she probably deserved it. We've tolerated these Communists for far too long in our country. Far too long. And now we've got the GRA cosying up to the Eridani -- Bailess probably can't remember the last place he put his spine."

All Hours News Network

"Federal authorities are continuing to downplay the risk of conflict with other powers over the Menelmacari ultimatum. The Home Secretary is reportedly meeting with officials from Halland to discuss the matter, urging calm and stating that there isn't any cause for alarm. One official described the C'tani mobilisation in Sol as 'insufficient for concern'."

Nightly News Association

"...can you believe the Kajali closed off their borders and relations to the Commonwealth?" - "I find the whole thing absurd, I don't know how a Commonwealth state could just 'close its borders to the rest of the country." - "You do realise they're not a state right?" - "Wait, what? Since when?"

Browser Podcast - News
"...so anyway, big things happening in the news lately with this Atlas project and everything. Rumours that the Queen slapped the Prime Minister -- oh yes folks, you heard it here alright -- supposedly she straight up decked the woman. I know lots of magazines are already running with stories hoping the two get together -- now that'd be the actual scandal. Am I right?"
Commonwealth of Hypatia

NationStates Future Tech
Слава Україні
Glory to Ukraine

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Social Media Reply…

Our mission in the Sol System is simple, an enhanced peacekeeping presence that is to deter hostilities from arising against our allies. It wouldn’t be right to call us a treaty enforcement force, ultimately we are entirely here as a partisan force. In the event that the negotiations with the Menelmacari fail, we’re not going to be acting on their behalf.

But we can’t ignore that the Hypatians are focusing on their own diplomatic path, and that does mean that they can’t afford to start anything with the Menelmacari either. We wouldn’t be the only ones retaliating, but we certainly will uphold all of our collective security agreements.

~ Anisarau (GalStan. Remorse Singer) - Tomb Ship - Mission Coordinator
Alignments - GC-Core, Conflict Service, Conciliation Service, VERITAS-Liaison

Secure Fleet Communications
Disclosure-Class ISA-9, High Vigilance Chronosense Stream, Near-Mars Engagement Elements

<Anisarau, Tomb Ship, MCOM> So, not to be a curmudgeon, but does anyone else get the feeling that this ‘Hive’ thing might consist of some very unpleasant implications for the Hypatians? I know I might sound like an angry grandma here, but I remember a couple million years ago when we were the ones taking uplift from strange aliens (no offense to our local C’tan) to try and compete with established powers.

This might be the Menelmacari’s show but honestly if they don’t take the toys out of the playground then it’s irresponsible, no matter how it turns out.

<Paradox of Meat, Harvest Ship, FCOM> I really don’t think they’re that stupid, but we’ll be looking at the fallout in a few days anyway, then we can get to doing some sort of drawdown.

<Othkest (Thurasid Dynastic Fleet), Harvest Ship> Honestly it’s weirdly exciting to have yet another round of nonsense from Mars. It’s like finding your drive chamber has an aggressive infestation of honey badgers.

<Handcounter, Raider> I’m so deeply disappointed that this is what I’m doing instead of Triangulum or the Campaign of Victory. It raises the fleet profile a little but it should not be something that the Menelmacari do for themselves.

<Adiabatic Expansion, HDM-Barque> It is worth reminding people that we are committed to our allies; this is all for the benefit of the Arkasians and Eridani in my opinion. @Narthest, you’d know.

<Narthest, Diplomatic Service> You’re not wrong there. I for one have been pushing for uprating the Arkasians for a bit, and honestly at this point it seems like the Hypatians want to be in the cold forever, and the Eridani can be counted to join the formation-pissing-from-tents club reliably.

<Paradox of Meat, Harvest Ship, FCOM> I’m not massively keen to be shooting people for the benefit of dumping them on the Eridani’s collective doorstep like a sixty exaton housecat.

<Handcounter, Raider> I am.

<Adiabatic Expansion, HDM-Barque> Ditto.

<Paradox of Meat, Harvest Ship, FCOM> There’s nothing as kill-hungry as a virgin warship.

<Anisarau, Tomb Ship, MCOM> Courtesy standards apply everyone. Remember the rules of engagement if we do get a go-live, we are at a responsible Escalation of Force Ruleset. Which I trust you have all fully inloaded. But on the off-chance that they do get to run this uplift programme and start throwing their increased weight around, do observe that the orders for this mission permit wide latitude of engagement with priority being to diminish governance capacity first...

Aaanthor Journal of Social Affairs

The Empire of Taraskovya’s intention to express its continued cordiality through a round of diplomatic visits provides an interesting opportunity to analyze this ally’s current position on a number of issues. It should hardly need to be said that there are few if any outstanding disagreement's between the Great Civilization's Local Nodes and the Empire, and the real question is what the Taraskovyans’ other intentions might be at this time.
Last edited by The Ctan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:07 pm

∂0 Yanuar 4A4C

Arn-Maciska Times Editorial

“Yet, despite all the sound and fury elsewhere, the most pressing issue confronting the Serene Government on Mars remains the governance of the Trust Territories. The long, slow, grinding process towards a lasting arrangement is the slowest in the entire Union, lagged even the ongoing problems facing Aker. It boggles the mind that Aker, with a largely preindustrial population many times the size of the Trust Territories, progresses so rapidly in comparison…”

Radio MI Local Broadcast (Station MI-2DAY)

“…the Kajali have the right idea. If someone gets rowdy in a bar, you throw them out. If someone’s rowdy on the pavement, you don’t let them into the club. That lot have been rowdy from day one; it’s high time Sir Ardri told Immigration to deny their visa allocations full stop…”

Radio EM Local Broadcast (Station EM-NRTH)

“…of course, Lord deRenci is in close contact with my office – and with the administrators in the Territories. We have a complex situation here, but a harmonised approach keeps things running smoothly, and ensures a common view…”

CMGN International Service

“The Court of Light has announced an impending State Visit from the Vasilevitch of the Empire of Taraskovya to Saragova.”
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2017

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:31 am

ICN International News - 7 Starfall 2556
"...In a move many in the Endreki have long said was inevitable, the United Species of the Eridani Imperium has formally signed a mutual defense and cooperation agreement with the Galactic Republic of Arkasia. Widely regarded as the 'Northern Lights' of the Gamma and Delta Quadrants respectively, the Arkasians and the Eridani have enjoyed a stable and fruitful relationship since the glory days of both the Galactic Commerce Corridor and the Stepford-Arnau Trade and Military Alliance..."

Last Watch: Legion's Rest Podcast - 10 Starfall 2556 edition
"...The Hypatians. Again. What more do I need to say? Kadrian, Ellanorean, Chimeri - Eridani blood stains their hands, they break every oath they make, and they speak in half-truths and lies. This galaxy would be better off if Battlegroup Solar had leveled that unstable helvítis when we had a chance in the War before their skedir Empress felt the need to pæla einhvern by slapping her Executor into a pond. But we can wait. Promises were made, and they will be kept."

TKN Ebonheart - News at Night - 12 Starfall 2556
"The announcement by the Seljandi that the Treaty of Hypatia would not be renewed comes as no surprise, as former Hypatian Prime Minister Ragnvold Njord Stigandr and his family settled in their ancestral hold after receiving a welcome worthy of heroes earlier this month. Stigandr, a Kadrian, was sent into exile by the Hypatians after the Rovanian colony world of Sigurdshafn and the Hypatiangate at Cassio Reach were attacked..."

TKN Ebonheart - News at Night - 12 Starfall 2556
"...And at 2200, we'll go to our Tochrann partners on Havnor in the Old Colonies, as the Legions of the Raetian Front enter their fifth consecutive week of high alert in the aftermath of the Hypatian betrayal. In other news, vehicles belonging to the Collegium and the Office of Strategic Services were seen outside the Citadel of Ondosto on Almaren in the Formenos system, alongside more transports belonging to Arkasian Fleet Intelligence, as well as their Guardian and Marine Corps. It is unclear..."
NSWB Discord | Factbook | We Go Different, And In Thunder
DEFCON: ORANGE - FLEETS MOBILIZED, REINFORCEMENTS OUTBOUND
"If Menelmacar is the successful corporate executive parents with a nice house, your people are the black sheep daughter that parties with the wrong crowd and has a batshit crazy boyfriend." - The Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar

Tarasovka
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tarasovka » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:26 am

Dateline Vigvar - Empire 24 News Network

"Let's loop back to Kras, at the center of xenoarcheological tensions between the Hypatians and our Menelmacari allies. Yes, Pan Volodyevski, our Menelmacari allies, deal with it and stop rolling your eyes or they might roll under the couch."

"Well, this whole story is more smoke than fire, really, the Hypatians are overreacting to Menelmacari displeasure, imagine the panic if we actually increased our ground presence on Kras right on the border of their administrative center."

"But we don't need to increase anything, we have a whole hamster regiment down there on Kras. Yes, Pan Volodyevski, a hamster regiment, deal with it before your eyes roll off the stage."

Random News Bits - Various Networks

The preparations for the upcoming diplomatic tour by His Most August Highness the Vasilevitch are ongoing and it has been confirmed that the visit to the United Imperial Kingdoms shall follow the State Visit protocol, with both Powers aligning the schedules and the parameters.

Additionally, the Lorelei Palace and the Imperial Household have confirmed that Her Imperial Highness the Grand Duchess Vethara will be joining her Most August nephew on the visits to the Menelmacari and Necrontyr allied courts.

It has also been confirmed that His Excellency Teerathe Soint Kweedrat Menek shall be joining His Most August Highness the Vasilevitch on the visit to the Solntseskhod Republic, for no particular reason, but because, quote, "the Solntseskhod love Praksans so much they can't stop talking about them!"

Dateline Vigvar - Empire 24 News Network

"Taraskovya has no stake or claim in the dispute between Hypatia and Eridan, but let's be honest, it has been a while now since anything interesting happened on Kras. Now, back in the days, it was fun and hilarious! Partitions here, carve ups there, orbital engagements right and left. So maybe it's time to liven up everything! For good times sake!"

"Pan Volodyevski, no... just... no..."
Last edited by Tarasovka on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Links: Nation Maintenance Thread and various Bits and Pieces

INCORRECT SPELLING - DOES NOT EXIST:
Adjective: Tarasovkan

CORRECT SPELLING:
Noun: Taraskovya (formal, high flown) ; Tarasovka (routine)
Adjective: Taraskovyan

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:41 am

'On the Bounce', The OSA's Unofficially-Official Newsletter...
'...and the rumor mill suggests that we might see an increase in unit transfers into the Herpes MFAZ over the next few weeks in preparation for a hand-over. That will make the Congos nervous but I'm not sure who cares...

From 'Audience of One', Ambassador A. Forsteri's Top-Rated Sleaze-Cast...
"...and if they end up getting together? Well - stranger things have happened, right? Of course if we do see some kind of Empress Eden Ra-ra-ah-ah-ah, Roma Roma-ma, Gaga, Ooh la-la - those two are going to need relationship counseling straight away. Or, given reports that she's on Earth for meetings with the Elentari... Maybe she should be asking for relationship advice. The ol' pointy-Queen's been in a stable long term relationship with ol' what's-his-processor for how long now? So I'll put the question directly to them! What's your secret to a good robo-sexual relationship? Giving her salad a good hard tossing..?"

"...and in off-beat news, there's been a run on almonds with the announcement that His Excellency Teerathe Soint Kweedrat Menek will be accompanying the Vasilevitch during his official visit..."

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:29 pm

ANN International News - 05.24.125
"... in other news, the Starfleet confirmed today that they were shifting forces to reinforce Zephyr and Aegis, the Arkasian colonies in Alpha and Delta quadrants respectively. They offered no further comment. While some analysts expressed concern that these moves would degrade defenses against potential future Static incursions, others noted that the Arkasian defenses had grown significantly more formidable since the Battle of Kinsari, and that the hull quantities likely involved in the moves would not jeopardize..."

Peace in Our Time? - an Excerpt from the Olympia Times-Ledger Editorial Page, 05.24.125
"With Hypatian military forces at the Harlow Line standing down, we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the last major outstanding military conflict in which Arkasia has a significant stake. With the Static having vanished as suddenly as they appeared, the opportunity arises for our nation to enter another golden age of peace and international cooperation. With reconstruction efforts underway at Kinsara and the civil economy rebounding from its significant slowdown during the wartime period starting in 121..."

Walk(back) like a Martian - an Excerpt from the Horizon Daily Herald Editorial Page, 05.25.125
"... the rumors regarding the Hasperia Planum Territories vanished as quickly as they came, with the Bailess Administration declining to comment directly on the matter. However, a Spokesbeing for the Arkasian Diplomatic Mission to Mars stated that 'much of what has been in the news on the matter has been utterly baseless guesswork and speculation... [Arkasia] has no involvement or planned involvement in Mangalan affairs or the [Hasperia Planum Territories].'"
Last edited by Alexzonya on Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kajal
Spokesperson

Postby Kajal » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:15 pm

You Stupid Meatbags - Escher's Star, Zero-One GLONET / Kajur SYSNET

"...you know what really bangs my bits? The meatbags keep calling 16C6E4D4316 Hasperia. They named the damned thing, and they can't even spell its name right? It's HESperia, not HASperia, if you insist on using that stupid "Solarian Common English". Ugh. It's embarrassing to have even been created by meatbags in the first place with shit like this."
Last edited by Kajal on Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Wait, what?"
Historical Member, First Triumvirate of Yut, Martian Defense Initiative, Martian Port Authority

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:18 pm

ICN International News - 17 Starfall 2556
"...Noting the ongoing negotiations between the Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar and the Hypatian Commonwealth, and the approaching deadline of the end of Starfall, The Seljandi has issued a travel warning for the Commonwealth as well as an expanded and streamlined Eridani refugee program..."
"If Menelmacar is the successful corporate executive parents with a nice house, your people are the black sheep daughter that parties with the wrong crowd and has a batshit crazy boyfriend." - The Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:55 pm

GRA FOREIGN AFFAIRS ADVISORY BULLETIN - URGENT - ISSUED 06.06.125 ASY
The Galactic Republic of Arkasia's Foreign Affairs Advisory has issued an updated Travel Bulletin regarding the Hypatian Commonwealth. Hypatia has been temporarily downgraded to Category 3 - Travel Strongly Discouraged due to ongoing events. All Arkasian citizens and residents in Hypatia are strongly advised to schedule departure prior to 06.12.125 ASY out of an abundance of caution. Citizens and residents unable to secure appropriate changes to their departure dates within 24 hours of receipt of this bulletin are advised to contact the Arkasian Diplomatic Mission to the Hypatian Commonwealth using the callback number attached to this message to arrange for transportation. Arkasian citizens and residents in Hypatia are also advised to continue monitoring their communications devices for updated bulletins from the Foreign Affairs Advisory, as the ongoing situation remains fluid.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:58 pm

//CLASS: SECRET-I //
GRA FOREIGN AFFAIRS BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE - ISSUED 06.08.125 ASY
Transmitted to the Hypatian Commonwealth Embassy on Meridian Prime and the Offices of the Secretary of State in Harlow
Based on ongoing events, the Galactic Republic of Arkasia is hereby providing the Hypatian Commonwealth with notice of its intention to withdraw from the Foreign Basing Policy section of the Mutual Prosperity Initiative. Arkasia has no intention of withdrawing from other provisions of the Initiative at this time, and we emphasize that we continue to value our partnerships with the Hypatian Commonwealth in the interests of mutual prosperity and peace. This withdrawal is based primarily on our concern regarding ongoing diplomacy between Hypatia and other powers, and is not related to other matters of ongoing discussion between Arkasia and Hypatia. This measure is necessary to ensure the safety and security of the Northeast Gamma League, particularly the Kinsari Federation and the Kinsara System.

On the basis of this withdrawal and after conferring with our allies in the Kinsari Federation and the Northeast Gamma League, the GRA hereby requests that Hypatian Commonwealth Armed Forces commands responsible primary for combatant operations depart the Kinsara system prior to the end of 06.15.125 ASY. Non-combatant commands may remain until 08.15.125 ASY, but in the event of the commencement of hostilities with a third power in a conflict in which Arkasia has declared neutrality, Arkasia expects that its neutrality will be respected by both parties. As a result, any military forces of combatant nations present at that time may be required to depart within 48 hours of such hostilities or else be interned (at Arkasian expense and under our protection) for the duration of the conflict.

We understand that this decision is likely to be viewed less-than-favorably within the Hypatian government, and we apologize for the necessity. In the interests of ensuring continued dialogue and cooperation between our governments, we would like to propose that a diplomatic summit between our Foreign Affairs Advisor and your Secretary of State be held in Arkasian Zephyr, tentatively in the month of August in 125 Arkasian Standard Year. We envision that such a meeting may allow for a discussion of matters of mutual concerns and serve as a statement of intent that our governments remain committed to peaceful cooperation.

Hypatian Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hypatian Commonwealth » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am

Her Majesty's Government of the Commonwealth
⮞ OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE

Sen : State Department, Northminster, Halland, Mars, Sol — Key [REDACTED]
Rec : Foreign Affairs Advisor/Office of the Galactic Republic of Arkasia

.H..M..G.
⮞ HMGC ID // 02.2201.232.131 AL

This is an official communication of Her Majesty's Government. Unauthorised access, transmission, reproduction, or duplication of this communication will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Security of Communication Act, Section 5.3

GRA Withdrawal from Foreign Basing Policy

Greetings,

There has been a longstanding relationship between Hypatia and the GRA that has nominally remained positive and ingrained a deep sense of trust and cooperation despite our nations' differences in opinions, policy, or other disagreements.

When the GRA required material aid and support against the Nytagenians, our people provided lend-lease and provisioned manufacturing and logistical support to aid the GRA in its conflict. A decision that came at great cost to our people during the outbreak of the Great War, when the Nytagenians invaded and conquered our territories in Gamma, forcing millions to flee.

When the GRA required support against a powerful foe, what we now know as the Static, Hypatia joined several nations in providing not only material and relief support, but by sending our armed forces to fight alongside our Arkasian friends against the enemy. Hypatian lives, like in the aftermath of the Nytagenian conflict, were lost for the sake of this relationship.

Hypatia and the GRA have strengthened such a relationship through mutual interests by signing a number of groundbreaking economic and security agreements, including a Non-Aggression Pact, and the ability for the Commonwealth to establish bases within NEGL and GRA territory. Thus, Hypatian lives were sent abroad and willing to put their lives on the line for an ally. These agreements were a part of a commitment and guarantee by Hypatia that the GRA would never have to face any threat alone and would forever remain independent.

This relationship deepened further when our governments signed onto the Advanced Materials Joint-Research Initiative, agreeing to cooperate on research in experimental technologies.

While recent events have been troubling, Her Majesty's Government understands the concerns the GRA may have. Talks with the Menelmacari continue and have been positive. It is unlikely the GRA would be subject to the hostilities of any possible Marto-Menelmacari conflict -- the likelihood of which is extremely low. But, nevertheless, Hypatia would have withdrawn originally to protect the GRA in such a conflict it had no business being in. We have opted to be transparent during this crisis, we have attempted to ease your government's concerns regarding technologies shared in AMJRI, and we have been willing to ease tensions and cooperate.

However, Her Majesty's Government regrets that the moves the GRA has made in recent weeks cannot be ignored and will require a re-examination of this relationship. The GRA has withdrawn itself from this special relationship in recent weeks, choosing to, instead, sign treaties of mutual defence with an adversary that Hypatia is currently engaged in hostilities with. It has challenged and derided Hypatian diplomats in international bodies. And it is now choosing to withdraw from other agreements that have fostered this deep sense of friendship.

Her Majesty's Armed Forces will begin preparations to withdraw from the Kinsara system and terminate the Foreign Basing Policy agreement. This will also mean the end of Hypatian involvement in the supporting operations against the Static, as these operations required the facilities in Kinsara, being the closest point of rally for Hypatian Armed Forces and logistics. Hypatia will continue to offer medical aid in compliance with the Martian Forum resolution. The Arkasian ambassador assigned will be requested to attend a meeting with the Secretary of State to discuss matters further including a timetable for the withdrawal and the direction of Marto-Arkasian relations moving forward.

Signed,

Guinevere Belmont, ORS
Secretary of State
Commonwealth of Hypatia
Last edited by Hypatian Commonwealth on Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Commonwealth of Hypatia

NationStates Future Tech
Слава Україні
Glory to Ukraine

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Can't Make An Omelet without Breaking a Few Eggs...

Postby Alexzonya » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:14 pm

GRA FOREIGN AFFAIRS ADVISORY BULLETIN - ADVISORY - ISSUED 06.14.125 ASY
The Galactic Republic of Arkasia's Foreign Affairs Advisory has issued an updated Travel Bulletin regarding the Hypatian Commonwealth. In light of recent events, the Galactic Republic of Arkasia Foreign Affairs advisory has reviewed the previously issued Travel Bulletin on the Hypatian Commonwealth. Most of the Hypatian Commonwealth remains Category 3- Travel Strongly Discouraged. All Arkasian citizens and residents are encouraged to continue to avoid traveling to or within the Greater Hypatian Commonwealth.Arkasian citizens and residents in the Greater Hypatian Commonwealth are encouraged to depart as soon as circumstances permit. If you must travel to or within the Greater Hypatian Commonwealth, use discretion when disclosing your nation of citizenship or residence. Arkasian citizens and residents in the Greater Hypatian Commonwealth who require consular assistance are advised to contact the Arkasian Diplomatic Mission to the Hypatian Commonwealth using the callback number attached to this message. Arkasian Citizens and Resident in the Greater Hypatian Commonwealth are further advised to continue monitoring their communications devices for updated bulletins from the Foreign Affairs Advisory.

The Hypatian Martian Territories have been downgraded to Category 4 - Do Not Travel. All Arkasian citizens and residents are directed to avoid traveling to or within the Hypatian Martian Territories due to ongoing politically motivated activities targeting Arkasian citizens and officials. Arkasian citizens and residents in the Hypatian Martian Territories are directed to depart as soon as circumstances permit. Arkasian citizens and residents in the Hypatian Martian Territories are advised to use discretion when disclosing your nation of citizenship or residence. Arkasian citizens and residents in the Hypatian Martian Territories who require consular assistance are advised to contact the Arkasian Diplomatic Mission to the Hypatian Commonwealth using the callback number attached to this message. Arkasian Citizens and Resident in the Hypatian Martian Territories are further advised to continue monitoring their communications devices for updated bulletins from the Foreign Affairs Advisory.
Last edited by Alexzonya on Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kajal
Spokesperson

Postby Kajal » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 pm

Shalbatana Daily News, Shalbatana Arcology, Kajur-Barol Territory, Mars

Travel advisories downgraded

The Federal Border Patrol & Customs Administration has today downgraded the travel advisory warning all persons to avoid all travel to the Delta/Gamma border region. Effective 26 Loren 254, the prior advisory is replaced with an advisory to avoid non-essential travel, with the exception of a regional advisory to avoid all travel that remains in place for territories adjacent to the Northeast Gamma League. These regional advisories are said to remain in place due to the continued local posturing and risk of conflict in the region...
Last edited by Kajal on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wait, what?"

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:07 pm

ICN International News - 31 Starfall 2556
"...the Seljandi have issued a summons for the Ambassador from Hypatia, in light of recent events surrounding the Arkasian and C'Tani embassies on Mars. In other news, the travel warning for parts of the Hypatian Commonwealth has been downgraded to TRAVEL DISCOURAGED. Sol and the Martian Delta remain at DO NOT TRAVEL while the Hypatian refugee program has been extended through 1 Firstmarch..."

Kajal
Spokesperson

Postby Kajal » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:55 pm

Shalbatana Daily News, Shalbatana Arcology, Kajur-Barol Territory, Mars

REDACTED by order of HELLSING. Report any unusual occurrences; you could stop a Fractal threat!

Pundits have started referring to the H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ as more information about H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ is published through H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^. Most have drawn parallels to early H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ and the resulting legal snarls that created modern Kajali estate law & enshrined the “antecedent/descendant” relationships and standard procedures in cases of uploader/uploaded intestacy. While of course this has no power outside Kajali borders, it has come back into focus as popular sentiment has again turned to H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^…
Last edited by Kajal on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Wait, what?"

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:56 pm

Mars Sweet Mars - an Excerpt from the Horizon Daily Herald, 07.22.125
"...a spokesbeing for the Bailess Administration confirmed to international media that the Galactic Republic of Arkasia had been voted into the Martian Forum and granted custodianship over the Hesperia Planum Territories on Mars. “We recognize that this is an incredible investiture of trust in our nation, and we will not let our friends and allies down”...

ANN International News - 07.30.125
"As the scheduled start of the previously reported Constant Trident military exercises draw near, both Starfleet and the NEGL Auxiliary have kept mum on the objectives and forces involved, citing operational security. However, Starfleet confirmed that the exercises would be focused on the Delta-Gamma border sectors, which has prompted speculation regarding the cause of the hastily arranged drills...

MarsTalk Daily Podcast - 08.01.125
"I'm not sure why they didn't just keep the OSA on-board. I guess it might have been the way the resolution was written, which required their removal, but sending in four divisions of the Civil Defense still seems excessive, even if its supposedly 'temporary'. And what's more, do SAAs even count as being part of Arkasia, for Civil Defense purposes? I guess they do now, but flooding the zone with Arkasian soldiery seems to put a damper on claims of 'home rule' for the Mangalans...'"[/quote]

Hypatian Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hypatian Commonwealth » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 pm

Coyote News - Talks with Friends

Kajali, Kajali, Kajali -- Is there anything nice to say about them? Have you heard them lately -- they call what we're doing murder, well, we didn't side with a genocidal maniac. There's something to be said when you're considered Melkor's soft underbelly. And don't get me started on the Arkasians. Word is they're too afraid to talk to Belmont -- can you believe it? The woman has a few screws loose to muck about with the Menelmacari as is, and the Arkasians are afraid of her? C'mon now...
Last edited by Hypatian Commonwealth on Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commonwealth of Hypatia

NationStates Future Tech
Слава Україні
Glory to Ukraine

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:36 pm

CMGN International Service

“The Serene Government has announced a guarantee of the political independence and territorial integrity of the Galactic Republic of Arkasia; from this evening, the UIK will now enjoy an automatic casus belli upon any polity who engages in any hostile action against the GRA.”
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:44 pm

ICN International News - 31 Sundawn 2556
"...The Fyrd has passed a guarantee of independence for the Galactic Republic of Arkasia as tensions rise in the Galactic North after a massive contingent of Hypatian forces was reported in the region...”

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:52 pm

"...a statement issued by Grand Admiral Errika's office was essentially not a statement, stating only that the Defense Force is currently operating under normal conditions. Take that as one will; some analysts suggested this means that the Admiral does not consider these fleet mobilizations and movements of significant concern while others note that this could just as well mean that the Defense Force was already prepared for these events. Our sources? They suggest - without any additional information - that something more pressing has captured their attention..."

From 'Audience of One', Ambassador A. Forsteri's Top-Rated Sleaze-Cast...

"...Oh, ho ho! Nice try, idiots - but that's the lamest attempt at 'whataboutism' I've seen in a long time. The Kajali - Long May They Remember Their Sins, by Vectron's Untidy Junk Drawer - did the right thing when they flipped from ol' Dark and Scary to the Forces of Light. The Bongos seem dead-set on repeating their own mistakes on the basis of 'well, someone else fucked up, why can't we?' I'll tell you what, it seems like they're addicted to their own mistakes. Just like I," and he leaned forward from where he'd been sitting deep in the shadows, a single point of glowing orange the only indicator of the penguin's presence, "Can't get enough of these cigars! That's right folks," he took a wiggle at the thick wrap before clamping it again at the corner of his beak.

"Mantayo's New Cubano Cigars! Proud sponsor of this sleaze-cast and quite possibly the only true friends I have in this world! You can't find a better chomp anywhere, anyhow! Each one is made by hand by a naked slave... What's that, Ms. Higgins?" he seemed to be talking to someone off-screen though no voice replied, "Slave labor?! Mantayo's?! What do you mean, I should be reading ahead on the teleprompter? This is an unscripted..."

OSA Emergency Radio Band, Intercepted Somewhere over the Hellas Basin...

"...that's right, orange, black, and white. I think they call 'em 'Calico'. If you see it, report it in. Lady really wants her cat back. Nearly talked my ears down before I could get out of there..."

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:50 pm

ICN International News - Firstmarch 2556
"Eridani forces have moved en masse from the Raetian Front into the areas historically part of the Imperium to begin reclaiming worlds that rightfully belong to the USEI.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates