NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Nordic War [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dwaneland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

The Great Nordic War [OOC]

Postby Dwaneland » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 pm

The Great Nordic War
Done this cuz the only War Rp was locked because the creator of the topic got bored

The world of the nordic has fallen into War due to crude oil becoming a rareity.
Your either on team west (the good guys) or the east team (the bad guys)
RULES:
1 ) you must be on one side only, no betraying your team
2 ) only nordic countrys, having non-nordic countries intervene makes no sense
3 ) if your going to take a city you must announce it and the enemy must respond with a attack
4 ) you must say the name of your capital instead of just "capital"
5 ) when I say "the the capital of team [insert cardinal direction here] has been bombed" then the war will start
6 ) before the war begins you can suggest more rules, when I say the war has begun it will follow with the final ruleset
7 ) were using tech from begining of ww2 to the end of the cold war. I don't know the exact dates.
8 ) the conflict can either go two ways: west victory or east victory, I don't expect a outcome of the conflict
9 ) the winning side gets all the oil reserves.

Any nordic country can join

THIS IS NOT MADE FOR SPAM, THE LAST WAR RP WAS LOCKED, I DONT INTEND THIS FOR SPAM, I NEVER DO SPAM.

have fun, make alliances, and until the enemy surrender, the nordic war will be raging on

This is only the ooc or sign-up sheet, the main Rp is on another forum I will make in a day or two (if this ever gets popular enough )
Last edited by Dwaneland on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:45 am, edited 10 times in total.

Kenega
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kenega » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Have you thought at all about why your last thread was locked?

Maybe you need to rethink how you create your OPs for a new conflict thread. There's so much information missing - like who were the original belligerents; what incident created the conflict; what advantage would an outside power have to ally with either side; what outcome you expect from the conflict; the tech you are using, and the list goes on.

Maybe read through some of the sticky threads for this forum to get better informed on how to create a well crafted OP and you will be off to a better start.

Lisander
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013

Postby Lisander » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm

I''d advise the OP to participate in one or some war RPs before starting its own.
The Principality of Lisander
a sports loving, very highly developed nation.
I don't have a strong personality. In fact, I'm just plain rude.

Dwaneland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Dwaneland » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:31 pm

Trust me, I've already been trough one lol

Kenega
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 23, 2013

Postby Kenega » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am

Dwaneland wrote:Trust me, I've already been trough one lol

OK, you've been through one.

So...I have questions.
Why are Team East and Team West fighting? What is the cause?
Is this like the sign up/ooc, or are you going to have the RP play out on this thread, too?
Why only Nordic countries? What is the tie in to the Nordic region, or is it just because it would be cool.
By "ww2-modern day tech" you mean anything from WW2 PT up to MT, I'm assuming. Aren't those who go with WW2 or mid to late 20th century tech going to get clobbered by anyone with MT?
So if Team East or West wins, what do they gain besides bragging rights? What do they get to claim? Territory? A certain technology? Pirate treasure?

Instead of declaring "War has Begun", what about RPing an event that gets a chain of events rolling? This is what's called a casus belli. Again, that 'cause' thing I mentioned earlier. The most famous example of a casus belli would be the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand by Serbian nationalists that kicked off WW1.
Might help players decide if their nation would get involved depending on what is at stake and what event was so bad that they would risk lives over it.

EDIT: My bad. You did say that crude oil became a rarity. I missed that. So does the winning team take all the remaining oil reserves?
Last edited by Kenega on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to International Incidents