NATION

PASSWORD

Forcing employees to have microchips under the skin.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Chessmistress
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5101
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Forcing employees to have microchips under the skin.

Postby Chessmistress » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:45 pm

First the source:

Indiana is the latest state to prohibit employers from requiring job seekers or employees to have devices such as microchips or radio frequency identification device (RFID) tags implanted into their bodies as a condition of employment.

The new law banning mandated implantable technology is set to take effect July 1.

No Indiana employers or workplaces in any other state require such devices to be implanted, but lawmakers in 11 states now have made their position known in advance of any interest in implantable technology.

"It's a pre-emptive strike," said Susan Kline, a partner at law firm Faegre Drinker in Indianapolis. "It sends a signal of 'don't even think about it.' Why? First, because it's invasive. Then there are the ramifications in terms of lack of control over what data is collected, and how it is used, and how device mandates put employees in the position of feeling pressured or at risk of retaliation. The Indiana law contains a prohibition against retaliation for refusing to voluntarily receive a device implant."



Full article here:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/ ... rkers.aspx

My thoughts on the matter: I think that this technology must be used just only for medical reasons and it should be always voluntary, it should also be granted the right to remove the device for free at any time.
It's a major threat even used as convenience on a voluntary basis, and people should avoid it, some campaign against this should be started.
It's even more a threat when it's subtly make mandatory by employers.

The article doesn't cite another potential application: tagging criminals who aren't in jail but under restrictions. This is potentially the next major spread of the technology.

Other random thought:
Employers are banned from requiring device implants in Arkansas, California, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah and Wisconsin. And similar proposals have been pending in the state legislatures of Iowa, Rhode Island and Tennessee.
So it doesn't seems that on such issue there's an ideological war between Republicans and Democrats, it's more a bipartisan issue. That's very interesting, the sensibilities seems similar in both parties.

What do you think, NS?
OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54125
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:01 pm

Chessmistress wrote:...What do you think, NS?

I wonder, was it actually necessary? I mean, forcing people to alter their bodies as a requirement for a job looks, dunno, grossly illegal to me.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71453
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 pm

Risottia wrote:
Chessmistress wrote:...What do you think, NS?

I wonder, was it actually necessary? I mean, forcing people to alter their bodies as a requirement for a job looks, dunno, grossly illegal to me.

It's not, generally speaking - at least in the US, provided disclosure is made up front and with consent of the employee.

I would argue it should be - employers should not be able to mandate that employees give up their bodily autonomy to work there, but it's not the reality as is.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40313
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fartsniffage » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:14 pm

Galloism wrote:
Risottia wrote:I wonder, was it actually necessary? I mean, forcing people to alter their bodies as a requirement for a job looks, dunno, grossly illegal to me.

It's not, generally speaking - at least in the US, provided disclosure is made up front and with consent of the employee.

I would argue it should be - employers should not be able to mandate that employees give up their bodily autonomy to work there, but it's not the reality as is.


Is it any different from requiring employees to perform manual labour? The injury might be more immediate and obvious but both cause injury to the body.

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71453
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:16 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's not, generally speaking - at least in the US, provided disclosure is made up front and with consent of the employee.

I would argue it should be - employers should not be able to mandate that employees give up their bodily autonomy to work there, but it's not the reality as is.


Is it any different from requiring employees to perform manual labour? The injury might be more immediate and obvious but both cause injury to the body.

I would argue yes, it is. One is a side effect of an employee performing a task. The other is the intended consequence of the policy.

I would argue employers should be much more taken to task (financially speaking) for injuries sustained in the process of such manual labor than they currently are, though.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Chessmistress
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5101
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chessmistress » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:20 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's not, generally speaking - at least in the US, provided disclosure is made up front and with consent of the employee.

I would argue it should be - employers should not be able to mandate that employees give up their bodily autonomy to work there, but it's not the reality as is.


Is it any different from requiring employees to perform manual labour? The injury might be more immediate and obvious but both cause injury to the body.


Yes, because they have the microchip under the skin even before and after the job.
Yes, because the injury isn't a condition required by the employer, the injury it's an accident.
OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
Chessmistress
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5101
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chessmistress » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Risottia wrote:
Chessmistress wrote:...What do you think, NS?

I wonder, was it actually necessary? I mean, forcing people to alter their bodies as a requirement for a job looks, dunno, grossly illegal to me.


It's not necessary, in example in Indiana, the last to ban the practice, there are zero employers requiring the microchip, but in the whole USA there are few here and there, and politicians of both parties are pre-emptively striking against such practice.
OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10141
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:25 pm

This is good.

(also OMG Chessmistress I was wondering where you've been all that time :P)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; possibly very controversial; *author of the most popular WA resolution ever
Who am I, really? 46yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing much

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 121265
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Not the worst legislation they have passed, so its good.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Krasny-Volny
Minister
 
Posts: 3117
Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Krasny-Volny » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 pm

Chessmistress wrote:First the source:

Indiana is the latest state to prohibit employers from requiring job seekers or employees to have devices such as microchips or radio frequency identification device (RFID) tags implanted into their bodies as a condition of employment.

The new law banning mandated implantable technology is set to take effect July 1.

No Indiana employers or workplaces in any other state require such devices to be implanted, but lawmakers in 11 states now have made their position known in advance of any interest in implantable technology.

"It's a pre-emptive strike," said Susan Kline, a partner at law firm Faegre Drinker in Indianapolis. "It sends a signal of 'don't even think about it.' Why? First, because it's invasive. Then there are the ramifications in terms of lack of control over what data is collected, and how it is used, and how device mandates put employees in the position of feeling pressured or at risk of retaliation. The Indiana law contains a prohibition against retaliation for refusing to voluntarily receive a device implant."



Full article here:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/ ... rkers.aspx

My thoughts on the matter: I think that this technology must be used just only for medical reasons and it should be always voluntary, it should also be granted the right to remove the device for free at any time.
It's a major threat even used as convenience on a voluntary basis, and people should avoid it, some campaign against this should be started.
It's even more a threat when it's subtly make mandatory by employers.

The article doesn't cite another potential application: tagging criminals who aren't in jail but under restrictions. This is potentially the next major spread of the technology.

Other random thought:
Employers are banned from requiring device implants in Arkansas, California, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah and Wisconsin. And similar proposals have been pending in the state legislatures of Iowa, Rhode Island and Tennessee.
So it doesn't seems that on such issue there's an ideological war between Republicans and Democrats, it's more a bipartisan issue. That's very interesting, the sensibilities seems similar in both parties.

What do you think, NS?


Big companies cannot do whatever they want to their employees. Mandating implants would be a clear, clear invasion of privacy and bodily sovereignty.

But technology is advancing so rapidly, what might seem ludicrous to us today might not seem so far-fetched in the future, like say, the 2040s when cheap implants might become more common, and serve a variety of practical purposes. See here, for example - cheaply manufactured, minimally invasive implants to store data about one’s vaccination status, eliminating the need for a physical paper or physical device-stored vaccination card:

https://www.insider.com/swedish-firm-un ... 021-12?amp

I remember when my company made the transition from mostly paper to electronic data entry. It happened almost overnight, and we were given no choice in the matter. No more paper. All data entry now had to be done on a computer. They did this with minimal warning, and minimal instruction to employees as to how to carry out the change. I can totally see that in the next fifty years, as more and more data is stored on alternative data sources (including implants) there will be companies that simply mandate everybody switch data entry and storage to these alternative sources overnight. They cut back on paper because it was less efficient, so eventually they’ll cut back on the use of physical data storage devices such as computers for the same purpose.

My company also had a “get vaccinated for COVID or be fired by X date” mandate. Many, many other employers did the same. While I got vaccinated without grumbling long before the mandate and I’m certainly not an anti-vaxxer, the fact is there is a precedent set where companies can mandate employees make certain decisions in their personal medical affairs or face termination. I can see companies in the future using a similar procedure with mandated implants.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User avatar
-Goguryeo
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Dec 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby -Goguryeo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:41 pm

It's a good thing these pre-emptive bans happened. It's a well known fact that if things become the norm in the market place, it will inevitably become unavoidable for most members of society to participate in. We've seen this with the digital disruption of smart technology. But compulsory microchips in order to participate in the most essential task of someone's life— a job? It should never be compulsory if there is a choice. Technology is almost always allowed to bypass personal privacy in one form or another, it's about time people slow down this trend.
Last edited by -Goguryeo on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Peoples' Committee of Goryeo
》 POPULATION: 9 Million | GOVERNMENT: Fractured Coalition of Left-Wing Factions | ERA: 1972 C.E | ANTHEM: Tribute to the Nation's Heroes

〔Reality Itself has been Torn [ A s u n d e r ], Stubbornly We Persist.〕

User avatar
Chessmistress
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5101
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chessmistress » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:45 pm

Tinhampton wrote:This is good.

(also OMG Chessmistress I was wondering where you've been all that time :P)


I had a lot of things to do.
Last edited by Chessmistress on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
Chessmistress
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5101
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chessmistress » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Krasny-Volny wrote:Big companies cannot do whatever they want to their employees. Mandating implants would be a clear, clear invasion of privacy and bodily sovereignty.

But technology is advancing so rapidly, what might seem ludicrous to us today might not seem so far-fetched in the future, like say, the 2040s when cheap implants might become more common, and serve a variety of practical purposes. See here, for example - cheaply manufactured, minimally invasive implants to store data about one’s vaccination status, eliminating the need for a physical paper or physical device-stored vaccination card:

https://www.insider.com/swedish-firm-un ... 021-12?amp

I remember when my company made the transition from mostly paper to electronic data entry. It happened almost overnight, and we were given no choice in the matter. No more paper. All data entry now had to be done on a computer. They did this with minimal warning, and minimal instruction to employees as to how to carry out the change. I can totally see that in the next fifty years, as more and more data is stored on alternative data sources (including implants) there will be companies that simply mandate everybody switch data entry and storage to these alternative sources overnight. They cut back on paper because it was less efficient, so eventually they’ll cut back on the use of physical data storage devices such as computers for the same purpose.

My company also had a “get vaccinated for COVID or be fired by X date” mandate. Many, many other employers did the same. While I got vaccinated without grumbling long before the mandate and I’m certainly not an anti-vaxxer, the fact is there is a precedent set where companies can mandate employees make certain decisions in their personal medical affairs or face termination. I can see companies in the future using a similar procedure with mandated implants.


There's a difference here: such microchips can be contained in a bracelet or a glove, something you can dress and undress, it's unnecessary to have them fixed under your skin.
The employer requires a microchip?
Okay, it's in a bracelet, I'll wear the bracelet during the job - but not before and after, and I can take it away from my arm at any time.
OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
Hemakral
Diplomat
 
Posts: 899
Founded: Nov 02, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hemakral » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:53 pm

If someone tries to put a microchip in me, I will bite off their fingers.
._.

User avatar
Arisyan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 522
Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arisyan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:00 pm

Indiana passing labour rights legislation? Certainly a first, but I'm not complaining. Good on them I guess.
Hyper-meta-post-post-modern populist eco-libertarian democratic socialist with council communist, luxemburgist, social ecologist and democratic confederalist characteristics and Celtic Nationalist Aesthetics and anti-fascist praxis.


Canadian Republican, Anti-monarchist, Anti-commonwealth.
I'm interested in geography and politics and existential dread. *internal screaming*
Anatoliyanskiy's OOC nation he uses to scream into the void that is NSG. Free Rojava! (IRL one, not NS)
I'm BI

User avatar
Kerwa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1157
Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:06 pm

Implanting people with ID chips is a horrifying idea and it shouldn’t be done to anyone (even if they consent). There’s all kinds of problems with it.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50167
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Let’s see legislation in search of a problem. Who is running Indiana these days? Ah yes. Republicans.

This is probably some weird ass attempt to attack vaccines or some moron believes these can happen.

Rfid is not exactly new tech. I was in government once and worked on things you would think being implanted would be part of the job. It wasn’t.

The desired workforce are the millennials. They aren’t going to put up with that. Companies aren’t going to enforce it as it would turn people away.

Someday tags might actually be useful. For example, if you were having a medical emergency; such an implant could alert medical authorities. Such tech is long way away.

Even then mankind is still too immature for such things…..
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Rumasaya
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jan 13, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Rumasaya » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Chessmistress wrote:What do you think, NS?

Better acting too early than acting too late I guess.

I'm not sure how the myriad of states in the EU are going to respond if companies ever decide to force employees to get chipped, the last time this was in the news some countries (their governments and business elites, at least) were actually fairly positive about it as a new step towards progress - but that was years ago and since then the average European is (in my observations) somewhat more sceptical about "revolutionary technology".
The Consensus Republic of Rumasaya
"The #1 holiday destination in the IDU!"™

User avatar
Krasny-Volny
Minister
 
Posts: 3117
Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Krasny-Volny » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:35 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Let’s see legislation in search of a problem. Who is running Indiana these days? Ah yes. Republicans.

This is probably some weird ass attempt to attack vaccines or some moron believes these can happen.

Rfid is not exactly new tech. I was in government once and worked on things you would thing being implanted would be part of the job. It wasn’t.

The desired workforce are the millennials. They aren’t going to put up with that. Companies aren’t going to enforce it as it would turn people away.

Someday tags might actually be useful. For example, if you were having a medical emergency; such an implant could alert medical authorities. Such tech is long way away.

Even then mankind is still too immature for such things…..


Not sure why the Republican quip, given that California already passed pretty much the exact same law.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User avatar
Bloodstained Castle
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Jan 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodstained Castle » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would want these from their employer. Unless one has deluded oneself that the company genuinely cares about its employees well being, it should be alarming this is going on in the first place. A company only cares about profit and this sounds like an exploitative scheme to earn even more money at the cost of the employee's privacy and paycheck.

User avatar
Barfleur
Diplomat
 
Posts: 685
Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:00 pm

I fully, fully agree with what Indiana (and, by extension, the other states that have similar laws) is doing. Taking aside the aspect of privacy and bodily sovereignty while at work, allowing an employer to keep workers under surveillance even when off the clock would basically kill whatever is left of work-life balance. I hope European nations adopt similar legislation, preferably before microchip/RFID requirements become accepted employment practices.
B A R F L E U R
Unus pro omnibus et omnes pro uno
"A god among men when it comes to statistics"
“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
― Karl Lagerfeld
Ambassador: Roger MacGeorge
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, and GA#609.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50167
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:04 pm

Krasny-Volny wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Let’s see legislation in search of a problem. Who is running Indiana these days? Ah yes. Republicans.

This is probably some weird ass attempt to attack vaccines or some moron believes these can happen.

Rfid is not exactly new tech. I was in government once and worked on things you would thing being implanted would be part of the job. It wasn’t.

The desired workforce are the millennials. They aren’t going to put up with that. Companies aren’t going to enforce it as it would turn people away.

Someday tags might actually be useful. For example, if you were having a medical emergency; such an implant could alert medical authorities. Such tech is long way away.

Even then mankind is still too immature for such things…..


Not sure why the Republican quip, given that California already passed pretty much the exact same law.


Republicans are passing many election laws in search of problems these days. Same on the vaccine and freedom front.

-edit-

Oh and for California that was back in 2008 and was in response to Verachip which was going to allow access to healthcare records. The security was easily breached

https://www.aclunc.org/blog/california- ... y-governor
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 121265
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:08 pm

Krasny-Volny wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Let’s see legislation in search of a problem. Who is running Indiana these days? Ah yes. Republicans.

This is probably some weird ass attempt to attack vaccines or some moron believes these can happen.

Rfid is not exactly new tech. I was in government once and worked on things you would thing being implanted would be part of the job. It wasn’t.

The desired workforce are the millennials. They aren’t going to put up with that. Companies aren’t going to enforce it as it would turn people away.

Someday tags might actually be useful. For example, if you were having a medical emergency; such an implant could alert medical authorities. Such tech is long way away.

Even then mankind is still too immature for such things…..


Not sure why the Republican quip, given that California already passed pretty much the exact same law.

He is biased against Republicans.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50167
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Krasny-Volny wrote:
Not sure why the Republican quip, given that California already passed pretty much the exact same law.

He is biased against Republicans.


;)
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 121265
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:He is biased against Republicans.


;)

Boomie, I think I am the only one you mildly like. :p
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bursken, Cetacea, Ducksberg, Engadine Mcdonalds 1997, Saiwania, Shetl, South Newlandia, Unitarian Universalism, Velvet Dragons

Advertisement

Remove ads