NATION

PASSWORD

Military Seizes Power in Vecktoria (MT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vecktoria
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Military Seizes Power in Vecktoria (MT Open)

Postby Vecktoria » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:31 am

The day was a cold one, as was often the case in January in Vecka City. The breath of the guards outside the Palace looked like they were breathing smoke, for one soldier it was smoke as he took another drag on his cigarette. "Yuri, what's going on?" One of the soldiers asked from by the gate. The man he was referring to, Yuri, was a young Corporal looking through a magazine in the guard house by the gate. He sighed and closed the magazine stepping over the body of the security guard who was dead in the small room. "Waiting for orders." Yuri mumbled as he checked his M4. The young man who had asked the question laughed and went back to dragging the bodies off the path.

The Imperial Palace was one of the oldest buildings in the Empire. Dating back to the 18th Century when it was built by the first Emperor of Vecktoria Boris Visari. Now it was in a very unfortunate state. The Humvees were sat in the small plaza out the front of the palace and Imperial soldiers were loitering around whilst some moved bodies of the Emperors Praetorian Guards from the stairs leading into the palace. Field Marshall Maximillin Fredorich was walking up those stairs. "Good work men." He smiled at a group of soldiers who were gathered round one of the statues. "The Generals inside?" Fredorich asked them. The soldiers nodded and watched the Field Marshal vanish up the stairs into the palace. In the throne room it was a more relaxed attitude. The few Praetorians who had remained after the fights at the gates and the plaza had surrendered and were currently sat against one of the rooms of the throne room. Emperor Ronald Visari was sat on his throne surrounded by three of the five main generals of the Imperial Military. He stood up at the sight of the Field Marshal. "I assume you have a good reason for waking me this early with a battle Max?" The Emperor demanded in his superior tone as he walked down the dias steps from his throne to meet the Field Marshal. Maximillin smiled his crooked smile at the Emperor and offered a mocking salute. "I believe the military is following the peoples orders sir. Six weeks of riots and insurrection in a capital you refuse to enter for fear of your life. But of course your soldiers can enter it as much as they need to kill the innocents and rightly disgruntled people."
"How dare you! I am your Emperor."
"Were my Emperor. Today the military restores order in Vecktoria and ends your reign. There will be a trial of course, attended by promeinent members of the parliament who requested we act. Now, Emperor Visari, please follow these men to your cell in Arcturi. I'm sure we will have much to discuss later." The Field Marshal voice was quiet, but layered with threat. He didn't know when, but the smell of urine emitted from the Emperor at a startling strength of smell. The Emperor didn't speak as four soldiers led him outside and loaded him and the rest of the court into a truck that had just pulled up. "Sir?" General Marcus spoke firmly as Maximillin was inspecting the throne. "Yes General?" The Field Marshal asked turning to look at the General. Marcus cleared his throat and stated, "The People need to hear of our success. I believe there is a press room we can make a statement from in the West Wing." Maximillin nodded at the General and gestured for him to lead the way.

Jane Seymour was sat watching the National Broadcasting Channel in her small flat in Vecka City Residental quarter C when the news anchor, reporting what little information they had on the attack reported at the palace said there was apparently a feed coming from the Palace news room. She watched as four men appeared on her screen, one in the Black and Khaki of the Officer Corp and the other three in camoflauge clothes.

"Good morning people of Vecktoria. I am Field Marshal Maximillin Fredorich. Today, in a move sanctioned by the exiled Parliament, the Imperial Military of the Vecktorian Empire has seized control of the country from the corrupt rule of the Visari Emperors and his closest advisors. I wish to address everyone in Vecka city that troops will be moving on the streets of Vecka City as they move to achieve their aims in securing the way for democracy. A provisional government is waiting to arrive from abroad and I speak now to the global community. Vecktoria needs help. I know the people of Vecktoria watching this will understand that the food shortages, the overwhelmed health system and extreme poverty brought by the Emperors indulgence to his base desires need to be repaired and dealt with before a civilian government can take control fully. To this end the Military will be running the main systems of government till these crisises are done with. We will then hand over control to the Exiled Parliament who will fully establish a provisional government leading upto elections. We do not know how long this will be, but be warned it will not be a short time. I wish you a pleasant morning and warn you to avoid the streets of Vecka city today between 10am and 8pm. Good bye."

The screen cut back to the news reporter who looked stunned by the announcement and took a few moments to start speaking again.

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:59 am

1/11/22 10:50 pm
Haijing Palatial Tower
Commonwealth of Hintuwan
Salve Regina

"Goodness."

Lakan Lontok XI Luntian sat quietly and solemnly in front of the television, watching crowds of Vecktorians chant in protest against their own monarchy whilst army vehicles entered government buildings and arrested politicians en masse. A newsman from the Hintuwan Broadcasting Corporation narrated the harrowing events unfolding in that faraway kingdom: the Emperor had been deposed and a military junta had seized power. Scenes of praetorians surrendering, of citizens being told off the streets by men in camouflage uniforms, and interviews with shocked bystanders were flashed in a flurry of despondent rapports.

"-we will then hand over control to the Exiled Parliament who will fully establish a provisional government leading up to elections."

The Lakan had heard these sweet promises time and time again in his decades of life in politics, and they always seemed to leave a trail of bodies wherever they were spoken.

"It's finally happened, God help us all," said Dayang Quynh, Hintuwan's queen. Having just entered the nimble drawing room, she swiftly strode to sit beside her husband, joining him in his distress at the news they were receiving.

"I told you it was going to happen and now the worst has come to pass," she continued.

"Not the worst, dearest. It is only the beginning of the Vecktorian people's suffering if these generals have anything to say about it. And they always do," he retorted, placing both of his hands on his face and listening to the chants of anarchy being echoed from the streets of Vecka City to the distant shores of Hintuwan by cable connection.

"We can't turn a blind eye to this one. I can feel it," declared the Lakan, picking-up the nearest landline and placing its handle by his face.

"Yes, patch me through to the President."
Last edited by Hintuwan on Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:18 am

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Commonwealth of Hintuwan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | 2022 | January 11th

The Commonwealth of Hintuwan is shocked and abhorred at the extra-judicial actions currently being undertaken by the Vecktorian armed forces against their own government. We are closely monitoring the situation in Vecktoria, and we call upon all parties currently engaged in fighting in the former nation to implement the utmost restraint, prevent any further acts of aggression against civilians, and ensure respect for the rules of war as well as human rights.

The position of the Commonwealth at this time is to establish an independent civilian evacuation operation in order to assist non-combatants, Hintuwani or otherwise, in fleeing Vecktoria. We have currently deployed the Hintuwani 2nd Littoral Combat Force (CNH-LCF) to the Vecktorian coast as an extension of this policy. From international waters near the conflict area we will be deploying patrol boats and helicopters to conduct strategic airlift operations and hopefully bring anyone wishing to escape the current military junta to Hintuwan, where they will be able to lead better lives. Since the government which we recognized as the legitimate leadership of Vecktoria has all but collapsed, we do not consider such actions as violations of Vecktoria's territorial sovereignty.

This task force that we are sending possesses minimal offensive capabilities in order to accomodate refugee space and should not be fired upon. Should it be fired upon regardless, it possesses the capability to defend itself and contact nearby hidden submarine task forces to assist in protecting the lives of its passengers. We do not wish this to happen and thus we ask the cooperation of all sides in helping us achieve our goal of safeguarding the human rights of those who have merely been caught up in this conflict.

At the same time, we request the cooperation of all countries that are as concerned about the fastly-deteriorating human rights situation in Vecktoria as much as we are to follow suit and assist in our ongoing efforts to save as many Vecktorian civilians as possible before further innocent blood is shed.

Signed,
Darin Sariwa
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Hintuwan
Last edited by Hintuwan on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Eothasia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Eothasia » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:59 pm

❃ ❃ ❃

Princess Elisabeth always was one for the books.

Whilst it could not be said that she was separated from the technological revolution of her time, she found a special pleasure in taking a seat on her grand armchair, deep within her personal chambers, as the sun set over the horizon and let the sweeping revelations of the latest fiction novel she’d daringly taken on soak into her mind, allowing herself to be freely elevated to a new plane of existence where anything was possible. It was a magical experience for her, much more-so than watching the sorcerers of the Imperial Charter or practising the few spells she herself had mastered over and over again. It was a gift like nothing else she’d ever experienced herself, the ability to construct an entire reality, so consuming and welcoming to her, the reader, merely by typing a number of keys in succession on a personal computer and letting the words flow from the mind of the author to the pixel-drawn paper on their screen, through the printing press and all the way into the palm of her hands.

Marvellous, truly.

The Princess’ tea break was nearly over. She’d realised this ten minutes before, and rushed through the chapter of her novel, a contemporary piece written by famed Anglican author Lexus Deacon, a best seller in the genres of suspense and drama. The current book was a mystery novel, following the main character, Everard Young, as he rises the ranks of a private investigator agency before realising that the very corporation that he’s signed on with are, themselves, covering up a series of murders. It was intense stuff, and the Princess was utterly captivated by it. However, as she was nearing the end of her page and Everard was just slipping away from the corporation’s malicious lackeys, the alarm on her mobile phone began blasting the anthem of the Principality –Glory and Honour to Albion, in all its stride–, indicating the dreaded end of her break had finally arrived. At first startled, but quickly recomposed, she exhaled deeply as she slid the small orb on her screen to the right, silencing the alarm. Before she was able to place a bookmark in her novel and slide it back into the drawer of her work desk, the doors opened behind her. She walked hastily to secure the book in its habitual spot, then turned to face the door.

‘Ah,’ she said, lowering her head slightly as she interlocked her fingers over her abdomen, ‘Lord Milford, you surely waste no time to continue your work.’

With a smile, knowing the Princess’ true meaning, he simply responded, ‘Of course not, ma’am. It is our duty. For the good of our Empire.’

‘Yes, of course,’ she replied, nodding, ‘our Empire.’ Lord Milford, a middle-aged gentleman, surely over the age of fifty-five, was the Private Secretary to the Crown Princess of the Empire, Princess Elisabeth, and had been so since the year 2017, accumulating quite a few years of personal experience in the role. Elisabeth was quite content with Milford, given the circumstances, but he was undoubtedly a ‘workaholic’, as they say, and an unforgiving one at that. When Elisabeth had taken the throne of the Empire –a position not taken lightly, given that the Empire ruled over nearly four hundred million people in total in a territory not far from four million square miles–, she was only 29 years old. The abdication of her father due to poor health issues meant she was thrust into a situation that she personally hadn’t seen herself in for another decade or more. She was now 46 years old and had learnt many lessons in dealing with both her position and the comings and goings of domestic and international politics, but her Private Secretary was a man that had devoted his every waking breath to the Empire, and he would continue to do so for decades to come, she was sure. He felt entitled to his position, naturally, and would work tirelessly to make sure that everything was running smoothly.

Yes, the Princess thought, I am rather content indeed.

‘What’s on the agenda for this afternoon, Lord Milford,’ she said, walking round the outside of her desk to take a seat at her proverbial throne, gesturing towards the ministerial box he carried with him. She took a seat at her desk while the secretary carefully placed the box to her right-hand side, as she had done so since the beginning of her reign all those years ago. He opened the box to allow for the Princess to delve right into it.

‘The first subject, ma’am, I believe is in regard to a territory not terribly far from here. “Vecktoria,” I believe it’s called, ma’am.’

‘Vecktoria,’ the Princess replied, removing the first envelope from the desk. She began reading the extensive report formulated for her whilst the Private Secretary took a seat at a second desk in the office, where he usually sat to deal with a variety of more minor administrative tasks of the Office of Her Royal Majesty.

The report was thorough, as they usually were. It told of an extremely dire situation, where the country had already been under duress for an extensive period of time and had surely been slowly boiling towards this eventual outcome since far before then. The actual reaction of the people in terms of their uprising against the imperial government of Vecktoria was, of course, of no surprise under those circumstances; however, the establishment of a ‘provisional government’, as they called it, under the evident tutelage of the militant elements of the armed forces which had been the manifestation of the ‘will of the exiled parliament’ –and, in this way, justification for its connection to the very people of Vecktoria–, was a far more pressing matter. The military would remain at the helm of government until the end of the crisis, which itself was a dangerous road to tread.

Princess Elisabeth, determined in her stride, snapped the phone from her desk and pressed the blue button on the right-hand side, decorated with a generic outline of a government building, supposed to represent Victoria House on 10 Imperial St., just a few minutes’ walk from her Palace. Her direct line to the Royal Charter of the Lady Minister began to ring, and she waited patiently, phone pressed against her ear.

‘Your Royal Majesty,’ the stern but regal voice of Lady Minister Alexandra Valeriya, the highest-ranking elected government official of the government of the Principality, rang clear through the device, though the slightest tinge of stress could also be heard, ‘how may I please you?’

‘Good afternoon, Lady Minister,’ Princess Elisabeth said coolly, her eyes fixated on the report still in front of her, ‘I’ve just received word of the situation in Vecktoria, the deposition of the emperor there. Have you read?’

‘I have, ma’am,’ she replied, the slight movement of her nodding head slipping through the microphone on her end, ‘and I’ve actually been discussing the situation with the Foreign Secretary, Lady Clara. She’s of the opinion that the situation is of some concern to us, but we were hoping to discuss this topic at the Cabinet meeting this Friday with you.’

‘What are the proposals currently on the table?’ Elisabeth asked.

‘Firstly, ma’am,’ Lady Alexandra said, ‘we would have to ascertain whether or not the intentions of the military “junta”, so to speak, are genuine. If they truly mean to transfer power to Parliament once the “crises” are dealt with, or if they mean to consolidate their power and use the crises as a ruse with which to do so. So far, the Strategic Intelligence Service hasn’t been successful in obtaining any information regarding this matter, but we should proceed carefully regarding this. Beyond that, the actual nature of what “democracy” means in Vecktoria and how it would be manifested in future governments remains to be seen.

‘What is clear, in any case, ma’am,’ she continued, ‘is that the sooner we’re able to “intervene” diplomatically in the crisis, the sooner we would be able to guarantee the defence of human rights and democratic values in the region.’

‘I understand,’ Princess Elisabeth said, nodding her head. ‘In that case, Lady Minister,’ she continued, ‘if you would find it agreeable, I should like to draft a letter to this,’ she looked at the report in front of her for a moment, rapidly skimming its many lines, ‘Field Marshal Maximillin Fredorich. Perhaps I can convince him to cooperate with the Principality on the matter of international diplomacy and democracy. Surely, they would be most interested in securing a trade partner early into their transition; the economic shortages of the country are severe, so I’m told, and a quick remedy to that situation may be a worthwhile bargaining chip.’

‘Spoken like a true leader, ma’am,’ Alexandra said, stifling a small chuckle. ‘If it pleases you, ma’am, I would be most honoured if you would write that letter.’

‘I shall get right to it,’ Elisabeth responded, smiling assertively. A good first step for that day.

‘Very well, ma’am,’ Alexandra said, ‘I await to hear from you.’

‘Thank you kindly, Lady Minister,’ Elisabeth said, before taking a deep breath and placing the phone firmly on its stand. Retaining her earlier smile, she opened the small drawer she had directly in front of her and retrieved her laptop –a small, light-purple beast of a notebook, with one of the fastest processors on the market–, placing it on the table where the report had been just moments before. She looked to her right just then, keenly aware of Lord Milford’s stare.

‘Lord Milford,’ she said, staring right back.

‘Your Majesty,’ he replied. ‘Off to do the Empire’s bidding?’

She smiled unreservedly at her secretary. ‘Oh, but of course,’ she said, ‘for the good of our Empire, Lord Milford.’

❃ ❃ ❃

Last edited by Eothasia on Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federal Republic of Orleóis
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 229,766,318 | Area: 4,196,783 km2 | Demonym: Orlésian(s) |
| Active Military: 2,348,747 | GDP: US$12.91 trillion |
| Diplomatic Cooperation Initiative | National Informational Codex | Constitution of the Republic |

Galactic Orlésian Republic
| Pop.: 149,220,976,115 | Inhabited Systems: 411 | Demonym: Orlésian |
| Current Year: 2785 CE | Capital: Aetherius | Core System: Aurelis |
| Formerly appeared as a wild Xanixi |
| #AtléticoMadrid #ChelseaFC |

Vecktoria
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vecktoria » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:03 am

OOC: Sorry got distracted by IRL stuff so replying now!

14th January 2022
Vecka City
Number 12 Parliament Square

Field Marshal Fredorich marched across the courtyard of the Parliament Square towards Number 12, the provisional seat of the Exiled Parliament officials who were at present in Vecktoria. He took his hat off as he entered the building and the thrum of activity washed over him. It was 3 days since the coup and already the situation was looking dire. A string of the colonies in the south were threatening independence and one was in open rebellion against the Vecka government. He was debating the deployment of troops to quell the Chedaki rebellion in Fornost, but first he needed to discuss recent events relating to the new democracy with the few ministers in the offices.

"Good morning Field Marshal." The greeting came from Minister Arthur Smith in his 30's he was one of the younger politicians to be in Vecktoria at the moment. "Have you come to discuss something?" Fredorich smiled at Smtih and nodded, "Yes Minister it seems the international community has responded. I believe my generals and your so called foreign minister are here?" The Field Marshal spoke softly, but there was a power behind his words that put Smiths back up slightly. But the man nodded and led the way to an office where two generals, Jurgen and Frost, were stood talking to Foreign Minister Alfred. "Ah Field Marshal!" Alfred called as the uniformed man entered the room. "Damned annoying situation with the Chedaki eh?" Alfred continued as Maximillin Fredorich marched across the room.
"Have you seen the communications?" Fredorich replied instead. The minister looked confused then, turning to his computer, nodded. "And?" Fredorich prompted.
"There's nothing we can do to stop the Hintuwani's evacuating people, unless you want to engage their forces?" Alfred looked at Max who shook his head, "Then theres this message from the United Anglican Empire. I don't see anything wrong with establishing trade and diplomatic relations with them."
"I wasn't asking your opinion on if there was anything wrong Minister." Maximillin snarled. Jurgen and Frost smiled at each other. "Right get a message to both parties saying they are welcome to attend to their own agendas as they see fit. Also see if the Anglican Queen-Empress will supply us with some more modern hardware? I doubt she will, but see about it will you?" Maximillin looked at Alfred who smiled as he typed the words onto a notepad document. "Now, Jurgen, how many men under your command?" Maximillin turned to General Jurgen who looked nervous suddenly, his trademark swagger removed by the Field Marshals authority.
"10,000 sir." He finally replied after a few tense moments of soul piercing staring from the Field Marshal.
"Good, armour? APCs? Artillery?"
"Yes sir all accounted for after the coup."
"Deploy them to Fornost that colony has some of our most valuable resources inside it we cannot afford to lose it." With that order Maximillin Fredorich returned Jurgens salute and watched the young general leave the room. "Now Foreign Minister get to work." And Maximillin and General Frost left the room.

Code: Select all
Official Communique from the Provisional Government of Vecktoria
To: Her Royal Majesty Crown Princess of Albion, Queen-Empress of the United Anglican Empire Elisabeth
From: The Foreign Office of Vecktoria, Number 12 Parliament Square, Office 2B

Greetings great and honest Queen-Empress,

The Nation of Vecktoria is pleased to receive your message and I am informed by the Great Field Marshal that we are willing to accept trade of foodstuffs and medical supplies from your great nation. We hope to make a fervent friend of your great nation as we strive to bring democracy for the first time to our fledgling nation. We are in turn dealing with several uprisings across the country, some of our colonies have declared independence and open fighting has broken out in several cities, predominately Fornost in the Southern colony of Chak. In regards to this the Field Marshal is requesting a supply of armaments to assist in facilitating a peaceful transition of power in these three southern colonies who have entered into rebellion.

As always we are open for discussion and would like to invite an official from your glorious nation to facilitate discussions on this matter and also matters of trade and support going forward.

Hope you are well,

Alfred Coxson,
Foreign Minister of the New Vecktorian Republic

Official Government from the Provisional Government of Vecktoria
To: The Hintuwan Minister of Foreign Affairs Darin Sariwa

To whom it may concern,

Your offer to evacuate citizens of Vecktoria is well recieved. We have many unfortunates who require evacuation for better medical treatment than that we can provide here in Vecktoria. Your ships are welcome in our ports in Vecka City and we are willing to assist in your selection of people to evacuate and treat. Our troops will provide a defence of your base of operations, if you choose to establish one, in our port district and will not interfer in any operations you take in Vecktoria.

We wish to request an offer of other supports in our new drive for democracy, mainly in the realm of food and medical supplies. But, this is not necessary as a requirement for your troops being welcomed into Vecka City.

Hope you are well,

Alfred Coxon,
Foreign Minister of Vecktoria

The Nighthawk Imperiam
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nighthawk Imperiam » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:46 pm

After a recent vote with the imperial council, parliment, military and the royal nighthawk family the result is to support the military coup with a grand total of :

Troops: 1000000
Tanks: 50000
Planes: 2000

Sorci
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorci » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:55 am

2x Celtris-class patrol boats- the SIS Dartmouth and SIS Heritage
Crew: 22 on each, can also embark a full squad of 12 Marines
Armaments: 1x 30mm autocannon, 1x Dagger surface-to-air missile system, 4x 12.7x99mm Machine Guns, 2x 40mm High Velocity Automatic Grenade Launchers, Small Arms as necessary

1/14/22 7:05 AM
Sorci Corporation Head Offices
Incorporated States of Sorci

Leeda Melnic's seventeen year term as CEO of Sorci Corporation had been quite eventful throughout. The growth of Sorci from a thriving but still uninfluential shipping company to the head of what had been a country of 32 million people wasn't something that could have been done bloodlessly, and Leeda had seen enough power struggles to know that the current situation in Vecktoria interested her greatly. The reports she had seen on the incident had shown enough conflict for Sorci to get involved. Every rebellion needed outside suppliers, and the Vecktorian military certainly needed equipment. It was profit all around, and Leeda wanted in.

"Well that's an opportunity if I've ever seen one." Leeda stated, nodding a thanks to her aide as he stepped back from her desk, refilling her coffee "The junta was probably underfunded and are looking to modernize, and the partisans want something to fight back against them. Do we have anyone nearby?"

"Unfortunately ma'am, not very much from my angle." Head of State George Wolford replied, taking his time to raise his eyes from a duplicate of the same report Leeda had received thirty minutes ago, "We have no real diplomatic presence in the region of any sort, and we also haven't made any sales to them in the past that I know of. The Hintuans have also deployed a naval task force to the region, ostentatiously to protect civilians." Wolford glanced over at his military counterpart standing at his side, Major General Charlie Briar of External Security and continued, "Though Charlie might know more than I do about this."

Major General Briar nodded and stepped forward, "Yes, it's come to my attention. Seeing that we don't have a major naval presence in the region, the combat force isn't something we need-" A sudden pause held the air still as Briar tapped his earpiece, then acknowledged whatever message he had received. "And strike that. It's now something to be worried about. I just got word from Financial, Lorales specifically, that we have someone much closer to this conflict than once thought." A second, quicker quick pause, then Briar continued, "Two small boats, both Celtris-class patrol vessels, delivering arms to a nearby hotspot in the region called Fornost. I haven't heard of it myself. They're planning to drop off somewhere 40 AT-4 anti tank weapons, total value of which is right around ... $60,000 NSD."

"And your suggestion?"

"If it were me, I'd scuttle whatever we've got planned. That LCF isn't enough to blow those boats out of the water, double so with civilians on board, but moving any forces we have to assist them if an incident were to occur could be considered a provocative act at best, war at worst." Briar replied, turning in place to face her, "We could fight if necessary, but it would be costly. Our boats are currently too far South to be considered in Vecktorian waters, a positive, but the LCF is sitting just outside of their waters as well to our North. They have a lessened presence around Fornost, but that won't help us right now since Fornost is in rebellion. It why Financial wanted to sell them the weapons in the first place."

"Well that's just great." Leeda said, furiously marking off paces in her head as she stalked around the borders of her office. It didn't matter who the launchers went too, that wasn't the problem, but the Sorican vessels in potentially unfriendly waters complicated things dramatically. Leeda turned around and facing both Briar and Wolford, a gleam of excitement in her eyes as a small plan began forming, "General, I want you to get in contact with those ships, or boats, or whatever they are, keep them out of sight and get them up to speed on what's going on. Wolford, get us in contact with the Vecktorians. I want communications opened, but don't play our cards too early. This conflict could go either way, and I want to support the victors."
Official Dispatch from the Sorcian Office of State
To the Foreign Office of Vecktroia,
The Incorporated States of Sorci and the Sorci Corporation as a whole are cautiously optimistic at the prospect of democracy and peace in the former Empire of Vecktoria, and we wish to extend our regards to the provisional government in it's entirety. However, we are concerned about the violation of Vecktorian sovereignty by Hintuwan vessels, as humanitarian deployments in times of crisis are often precursors for hostile takeovers during the most vulnerable time of a nation such as yours. As such, if the new democracy of Vecktoria is willing, the Sorci Corporation would be glad to extend a line of credit to your government for purchases to secure your national defence. If the provisional government is interested in anything of the sort, please communicate a response through proper diplomatic channels for a secure response. The Incorporated States of Sorci and the Sorci Corporation will not respond to any attempt to reach out through public or unsecure channels if the request is in violation to internal law or is otherwise harmful to Sorcian interests.
Thank you for your cooperation,
George Wolford
Head of the Sorican Office of State

Official Dispatch from the Sorcian Office of State
The International Community at Large,
The Incorporated States of Sorci and the Sorci Corporation both condemn in the strongest terms the deployment of a naval force to the waters of the Nation of Vecktoria. While we understand the importance of defending the lives of non-combatants, Hintuwan aircraft and helicopters have repeatedly violated Vecktorian airspace in a fashion that we believe is a malicious act to destabilize the region more. In addition, the Incorporated States of Sorci argues that Hintuwan does not have authority to determine the legitimacy of a sovereign nation, nor did they have permission that we know of from the previous government to make any action as such. As such, we call on the Hintuwan military to immediately cease all operations off of the Vecktorian coast and to withdraw all forces to a distance of 36 nautical miles from Vecktorian's exclusive waters. Continued violation of this demand will be taken as a hostile act in violation to international law and will be considered as and dealt with as such by the Sorican Corporation.
Thank you for your cooperation,
George Wolford
Head of the Sorican Office of State
Arms Dealing, Blockade Running, Black Market Procurement, Mercenary Contracting. We get you what you want, where you want it, for a price.
We also chose to not sign anti-piracy laws for a reason, it'd be a shame if your cargo went missing.

SNN Local News Chief of Internal Security announces that trial of those apprehended in raid on Central Armory will be held under military jurisdiction, not civil. /// The International Economic Forum in Sorci's capital city of Teloric has been reopened after bomb threats.

Federal European States
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal European States » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:43 pm

2x Paris-Class Frigate
Armament: 2x Phalanx CIWS, 1x RIM-66 SEARAM, 24 VLS, 2x 30mm Autocannons, 76mm Autocannon, SR/STA Mk45 Radar, SR/GRS Mk44 Radar
ETA 2 Days if requested, embarking from Calais
[On Request]
1x Warsaw-Class Medical Ship
1x LHA-30 Supply Ship (Loaded with food and Medical supplies)
(Escorts)
2x Normandy-Class Patrol Boats
(1x Phalanx CIWS, 30mm Autocannon, SR/GRS Mk44)
ETA 2 Days, embarking from Calais

1/14/22
Berlin, Germany
European Federation

Bickering filled the cabinet room, as ministers argued with each other. The Federation had formed a mere 3 years ago, grown from the EU and increasing tensions. From the start, the Federation was unstable. Rioters filled streets as the Warsaw accords were signed, complaining about a sudden cessation of independence. The situation was rapidly improving however, and the Federation needed something to show the people about the resolve of the Government.

The situation in Vecktoria was a very appealing opportunity for the Europeans. Being able to prop up an ally in a strategically important area and supporting a gradual transition to a democratic government was popular with the ministers.

The nature of the intervention caused a large amount of bickering among the Cabinet. Some, namely the Minister of Defense and Minister of Foreign affairs wished to charge forward with a full carrier group, while others wanted a more discreet and smaller intervention.

The Minister of Defense stood up, his voice booming throughout the entire room. "We must strike fast and hard. The entire situation in Vecktoria is on a knives edge, and a show of force is a perfect way to suppress rebels and support the provisional military junta. It will be an escalation, but we must ward off enemies of the Federation."

This did not go over well with the rest of the cabinet. The Minister of Commerce quickly rose up, face in his hands. "My Colleague over here doesn't seem to notice the tensions in the region. A ENTIRE CARRIER GROUP would be a unnecessary and ridiculously fast escalation. Sending over humanitarian aid is much simpler, much less taxing, and much more moral. Remember the history of the continent. We will not turn Europe into a heavily militarized nation once again."

The Minister of Foreign Affairs responded. "We can support the Junta by sending over a small carrier group with a skeleton crew. Shouldn't be too taxing on our logistics lines. At this point, I do not care about escalating the situation. We are on-track to be the next superpower within the century, we ought to flex our muscles."

"And become the world policeman? Get bogged down in 20-year wars in Africa and the Middle East? Have over 100 bases? I will not allow that to happen while I am President. We are sending a humanitarian aid package with the option to escalate to a small military intervention if things get bad. We are not deploying entire battlegroups and armies to this distressed nation." Seemingly fed up with the bickering, Dowling finally spoke up.
"Get me a humanitarian aid package and a communique to their nation, along with deploying EIS agents. This meeting is adjourned."

The ministers slowly filed out. Dowling had to explain this to the public soon.

EUROPEAN DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUE
TO: VECKTORIAN PROVISIONAL MILITARY JUNTA

The Federation has sent a humanitarian aid package to your nation. ESMS Warsaw is a medical ship that will dock at your capital. One LHA-30 is loaded to the brim with Medical Supplies and food is also enroute. These ships are accompanied by 2 lightly armed patrol boats.

We would like permission to enter the territorial waters of Vecktoria.

A military support package with 2 frigates is available upon request and if needed.

Signed, Klaus Schimdt.
Last edited by Federal European States on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tajijstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tajijstan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 pm

To whom it may concern,
We request to send peacekeepers to provide emergency services and to ensure that free and fair trails are held for the former royal family.

- Tajijstani Foreign Intelligence Ministry

This is an Official Diplomatic Transmission. Any unauthorized viewing of this transmission is a crime under the Diplomatic Transmission Security Act of 1960
TNNI announces reopening of "Chicken Coop", Tajinstans first nuclear reactor
Androvia Tamien appointed as deputy PM

Current Ruling Party: FRP-TPP-TCPP-FP

Vecktoria
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vecktoria » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:05 am

OOC: Forgot to post in original post long responses are wanted. So the two one sentence or so posts will be ignored until they feature more detail and story.

16th January 2022
Fornost Capital of the Colony of Chaki.

Private Wingren hated snipers in training and hated them even more now. His squad of 12 soldiers were down to 8 after suffering heavy casaulaties in the opening engagements of the push against the Chedaki rebels. The crack of the sniper in one of the buildings across the canal rang out and the cry of a female soldier from one of the other squads followed swiftly as she slumped behind a wall cradling her left arm. "You okay Jane?" Wingren shouted as he checked his Dragunov. "Third floor, red bricked building third window from the right." Jane yelled back. Wingren nodded and rolled onto his belly exposing as little of him as he could whilst aiming down his scope. He locked onto the location Jane had yelled out and saw the long barrel. This sniper was a rookie he was sat right in the window his rifle stuck out of it to prevent him getting snagged on the blowing curtain. Wingren smiled as he breathed out and squeezed the trigger. His bullet was rewarded with a flash of red on the wall behind the window. "Tank coming up!" Lieutenant Marius yelled. The young private rolled back into his cover and yelled, "Snipers down sir." Marius looked slightly annoyed, but then a rocket flew over head and rebels began to pour out again into the street taking cover on barricades and in windows. "DOWN!" Marius yelled after putting a hand to his ear as a stream of flame flew from the T-100 Orge tanks flame thrower and engulfed an enemy occupied building.

16th January
Vecka City
12 Parliament Square

Field Marshal Maximilin Fredorich was sat in Alfreds office once more as the politician read in his drowning and boring voice the messages his office had received from the international community in the previous few days. "So one nation is willing to supply us and Europe is wanting to send us humanitarian aid?" The Field Marshal was holding his head. It felt an age since he had a coffee and the lack of high levels of caffeine his system had gotten used to over the previous few days of High Office was giving him a head ache. Alfred looked up from his computer and smiled, "Yes sir." He replied standing up and opening the office door, "Janet can you get our esteemed leader a coffee please?" There was a female voice from outside that answered something Maximillin couldn't quite make out and then Alfred was sat back at his desk, "I recognise the headache face Field Marshal. Those late nights at the palace proving difficult?" Alfred looked sympathetic but Maximillin knew he had to play his cards right. More of the exiled parliament had arrived in Vecka City over the past 2 days and it was beginning to get busy in 12 Parliament Square. In turn the palace was hardly a place of peace with many of the ballrooms gutted and the art collection put into deep storage in the national muesum vaults to protect it. The Exiled Parliaments desire to turn the palace into a new Parliament building seemed a little pointed to Maximilin but he didn't question orders. Though the military maintained control he knew he had a few months before the Exiles would start kicking off. He had to figure some sort of plan out to deal with their incompetence. "Write responses Alfred." The Field Marshal ordered standing up and leaving the room taking the coffee off 'Janet' as she entered the room.

To: European Minister of Foreign Affairs Schimdt
Number 12 Parliament Square Vecka City

To the estemmed European Federation,

The Nation of Vecktoria would love to welcome your aid in our dire circumstance. Any assistance would be most appreciated and medical supplies are welcome. We also need training staff and medical staff as our hopsitals are beginning to see an increase in cases of severe illness and the food shortage is starting to take an immediate damage on people as well.

We need help.

<<<<High Encryption Message>>>>

To: George Wolford

We would like to accept your offer of credit to flacitate the production of more of our T-100 Orge Tanks and T-80's as well. The recent uprising in Fornost has seen a string of terrorist attacks on military production sites across Vecktoria and we need to find a way to get the areas running again as soon as possible.

Thank you

Vecktoria
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Civil War Declared

Postby Vecktoria » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 am

20th January 2022

The Vecktorian Capital is in ruins. Fires burn from several buildings across the skyline and many bodies litter the streets. Private First Class Joseph Allen is cowering behind the corner of a building whilst the yelling of the mob down the street draws nearer. It had fallen apart in 4 days. The lack of food, the evacuation of ministers and supposed war criminals of the old regime by foreign powers. It all added up. With the main force of the Coups army in Fornost fighting the people began to see a chance. They didn't want to suffer under a military government they wanted their power to rule.

The First riot happened on the 18th and spread like wildfire through the Central Vecktorian plain cities. The remaining spare troops of the Vecka City garrison had been deployed to quell these riots. Using arms stolen from armouries in the plains cities, smuggled into the capital, a new group the VLA (Vectoria Liberation Army) had declared holy war against the military government under the pretext of the Emperor being the divine ruler of state. Following the VLA declaration the PVA declared war on the VLA and the Government. The People of Vectoria Army was a far left wing movement with designs towards socialist and communist agendas. A Three way civil war was playing out on the streets of Vecka City and no one knew who was winning, but everyone knew the government was losing.

THe Imperial Palace/Houses of Parliament

"FIELD MARSHAL!" The crowds at the palace gates were from the VLA. They had a pickup truck equipped with a PKM stood at the gate. The bodies of the soldiers who had been guarding the gate were being dragged away like the bodies of the Imperial Soldiers a few weeks before. "FIELD MARSHAL WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!" The man yelled. He had a symbol tattooed onto his right arm that was bare even in the cold air of the Vecktorian winter. At the word you the pickup rammed the gates. The gates, being designed more for ceremonial than actual defensive purposes, buckled and flew off the hinges. The VLA fighters around the gate swarmed in and charged down the driveway. Gunfire roared from windows of the Palace as the fanatics charged. The gunfire was fierce and one Vecktorian Goverment soldier noted a group of figures in trench coats gathered in cover behind a collection of statues of former Emperors. "Sir!" He yelled at his officer as the men threw their coats off and charged the doors of the palace. Of the six only one got through, but it was enough. The homemade bomb strapped to his chest detonated and destroyed the barricaded doors of the palace and in turn the first floor windows directly above.

It took 20 minutes for the VLA to secure the palace after the door was destroyed. TV cameras showed up and beamed images out to the world of the devastation. One camera man filmed the hanging of Field Marshal Fredrich from an oak tree. The civil war was declared that moment by the remnants of the Vecktorian Armed Forces and government against the PVA and VLA. The PVA has made offers of negoitation to the Government and they are willing to engage in talks once on favourable ground.

But the religious fanatics of the VLA are to be exterminated.

Nitrana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nitrana » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:26 am

22nd January, Prime Ministerial Palace, Žilina
“Prime Minister, Sir?” Said Novák’s secretary as she peeked through the semi-open door.
“What is it?” Said Novák in frustration, even with a little bit of actual anger in his tone. He had a long day behind him. Tons of letters from commies, Islamic radicals and their Christian opposites. All along 134 (he was sure that it was this number precisely) calls with Rep. Majovský who was attending the peace conference with the defeated Chinese commies. Add up a crazed man who got into his office. He sipped from his coffee cup. Does this persona really think he has energy for anything else then sitting?! “So?! What do you want?!”
“W-well, you see, we’ve got a message from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” Said the secretary nervously. “It is about a certain nation - Vecktoria. It has become embroiled in a civil conflict and a military coup.
“Come in.” Said Novák.
The secretary sighed quietly. She got his attention.
“I am truly sorry for my emotional explosion, mrs. Bunová. Now please, give me the details.”
“So, earlier this month, this nation’s navy - as we suspect, took control of the capital city and the parliament. However, the government did not surrender. Heavy fighting began in the capital city as clashes between land forces and the navy began. To make the situation even worse, fanatic groups also started to participate in the fights. Ordinary people took up arms as well. The fanatics are known as the Vectorian Liberation Army. Shall we respond to this?”
Novák was silent for a while. Then he spoke: “Order a humanitarian mission from the Nitranan Red Cross of our Savior. Dispatch Special Task Force Alpha from the Chinese war to ensure NRCooS’s security. Appeal on the fact that our mission is humanitarian and ONLY humanitarian. That means: help the wounded, evacuate people from dangerous zones, set up safe camps in the capital city.”
“Understood. I’ll inform the High Command right away.”
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen protests DID happen, and the Chinese government is a dictatorship. Deal with it.
An alt world STRONK Slovakia where the duchy of Nitra never fell, adopted Christianity and defended it. It also established as a regional superpower. It controls the lands of Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia. The Hungarians also never were a major culture!
I like countryballs. I play HOI4 and Minecraft. That’s it lol
I do use NS stats, but not every one of them. (Monogamy? DATS HERECY!)
ЗупинітьПутіна

Nitrana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nitrana » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:40 am

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE NITRANAN RED CROSS OF OUR SAVIOR AND THE NITRANAN MINISTRY OF DEFENSE

We hereby declare that Nitrana will send humanitarian aid to the war torn Capital City, via the NRCooS. We demand that no harm will be done to these units. As a security measure, Task Force Alpha consisting of 5000 men will be sent. They will land on the international airport, a man named Korník leading them. We urge both sides as well as the airport personell to not attack our units, as we will respond by open fire.

this message is authorized by the NRCooS and the Nitranan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

This message was sent to every side present in the city and the country.
Last edited by Nitrana on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen protests DID happen, and the Chinese government is a dictatorship. Deal with it.
An alt world STRONK Slovakia where the duchy of Nitra never fell, adopted Christianity and defended it. It also established as a regional superpower. It controls the lands of Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia. The Hungarians also never were a major culture!
I like countryballs. I play HOI4 and Minecraft. That’s it lol
I do use NS stats, but not every one of them. (Monogamy? DATS HERECY!)
ЗупинітьПутіна

Calamastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Calamastan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:45 am

Vecktoria wrote:20th January 2022

The Vecktorian Capital is in ruins. Fires burn from several buildings across the skyline and many bodies litter the streets. Private First Class Joseph Allen is cowering behind the corner of a building whilst the yelling of the mob down the street draws nearer. It had fallen apart in 4 days. The lack of food, the evacuation of ministers and supposed war criminals of the old regime by foreign powers. It all added up. With the main force of the Coups army in Fornost fighting the people began to see a chance. They didn't want to suffer under a military government they wanted their power to rule.

The First riot happened on the 18th and spread like wildfire through the Central Vecktorian plain cities. The remaining spare troops of the Vecka City garrison had been deployed to quell these riots. Using arms stolen from armouries in the plains cities, smuggled into the capital, a new group the VLA (Vectoria Liberation Army) had declared holy war against the military government under the pretext of the Emperor being the divine ruler of state. Following the VLA declaration the PVA declared war on the VLA and the Government. The People of Vectoria Army was a far left wing movement with designs towards socialist and communist agendas. A Three way civil war was playing out on the streets of Vecka City and no one knew who was winning, but everyone knew the government was losing.

THe Imperial Palace/Houses of Parliament

"FIELD MARSHAL!" The crowds at the palace gates were from the VLA. They had a pickup truck equipped with a PKM stood at the gate. The bodies of the soldiers who had been guarding the gate were being dragged away like the bodies of the Imperial Soldiers a few weeks before. "FIELD MARSHAL WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!" The man yelled. He had a symbol tattooed onto his right arm that was bare even in the cold air of the Vecktorian winter. At the word you the pickup rammed the gates. The gates, being designed more for ceremonial than actual defensive purposes, buckled and flew off the hinges. The VLA fighters around the gate swarmed in and charged down the driveway. Gunfire roared from windows of the Palace as the fanatics charged. The gunfire was fierce and one Vecktorian Goverment soldier noted a group of figures in trench coats gathered in cover behind a collection of statues of former Emperors. "Sir!" He yelled at his officer as the men threw their coats off and charged the doors of the palace. Of the six only one got through, but it was enough. The homemade bomb strapped to his chest detonated and destroyed the barricaded doors of the palace and in turn the first floor windows directly above.

It took 20 minutes for the VLA to secure the palace after the door was destroyed. TV cameras showed up and beamed images out to the world of the devastation. One camera man filmed the hanging of Field Marshal Fredrich from an oak tree. The civil war was declared that moment by the remnants of the Vecktorian Armed Forces and government against the PVA and VLA. The PVA has made offers of negoitation to the Government and they are willing to engage in talks once on favourable ground.

But the religious fanatics of the VLA are to be exterminated.

Calamastan declares full support for The people of Vecktoria Army and invites them to join an Alliance of Communists known as The Glorious Communist Empire.
Meanwhile, Calamastan demands that the Emperor is executed.
Calamastani troops immediately start an offensive to put The People of Vecktoria Army in Power. Any officer on the enemy side will be forced into hard Labour
Supreme Leader: Allan Michaelè
Capital: Vanaja

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Tajijstan
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tajijstan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Dimitri yelled at the computer from 1978.This was all the Ministry had to give him? Whatever. He picked up the phone which had a direct connection to Kranorsyk.
"I don't know what those Vecktorians want!"
"Have you tried turning the device off and on again?"
Darn it, he reached tech support.
It didn't matter really, he was going rogue.

Tajijstan
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tajijstan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:07 am

I'm Chernetskaya Tanka Dmitrievna, from Tajijstan Central Broadcasting Station, and I'm here in Vecktoria City where the military has just sized power. The embassy here has not put out a statement, however unofficial reports say that the government will be sending supplies to the junta. When official statements come out you'll hear them here first.

Federal European States
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal European States » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:22 pm

VECKTORIAN CAPITAL

ESMS HAMBURG

"Jesus Christ."

The crew of the ESMS Warsaw crowded around the TV, shocked.

They were late. The seaborne conditions had delayed their response for weeks, resulting in the humanitarian aid being delayed. The two patrol boats had a small contingent of marines, but they would not be able to guarantee security for the ship. The two frigates were already heading towards Vecktoria at full flank speed, but conditions might delay their arrival.

A partly 60 marines stood between the Warsaw and the mob. They hoped it would be enough to distribute the supplies. The marines had less-lethal weapons and rubber bullets, the PT boats had tear-gas loaded into their autocannons. It should be enough to beat back a riot.

If a full on mob mobbed them, they would have to resort to lethal measures. This was on the mind of the entire task force.

PFC Smithing watched the horizon as he scanned the ruined city. A queue was lining up to receive medical treatment and food. A few MPs were scattered around, maintaining what little semblance of order they could.

Another team was patting down citizens, keeping watch over the belongings and artifacts of them. Sometimes a bomber would be found, and would be taken to the LHA and interrogated.

PFC Smithing had a gnawing feeling that they might be sent here again. He feared for the devastated people of Vecktoria, that they once again be turned into a warzone. He also felt a feeling that this entire situation could boil over into another civil war, and turn into another Syria.

Watching the sun slowly set over the ruined city, he whistled.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents