NATION

PASSWORD

The Presidential Inagural Ceremony [IC][OPEN]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

The Presidential Inagural Ceremony [IC][OPEN]

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:30 pm

If you wish to join this RP, sign ups are here

The Presidential House, Crossoveripolis, Washingtonian Province, Crossoveria, January 9, 2022

On this day, a new period falls upon the Republic of Crossoveria. Kipper Woofler, a President beloved by his people, is to hand over his power in government to Hamad bin Ahmad Al Meskin, making him the third President in a row to serve for under a year. Once an Islamic cleric and scholar at Al Haludja, Hamad Al Meskin is now the second most powerful political figure in Crossoveria. A member of the Theocratic Party, Al Meskin is the second Muslim to serve as the President, after Mohsen Al Baraqa in the 1990s. The Supreme Leader, the most powerful political figure in Crossoveria, will be administering the President in this ceremony.

For now, Al Meskin prepares for the inagural ceremony, where he is to officially take office. Supreme Leader Waldemar Rochester has declared his competence with an excellent religious and political record, thus igniting this event. All major government officials are expected to attend, and while at the ceremony, Al Meskin has the duty, as the incoming President, to get to know his cabinet and people.

Al Meskin is dressed in his typical clerical clothing for this ceremony. His wife, Maryam Al Ebidyn, enters the room to fix him up for the ceremony, wearing a traditional abaya.

"Come here, Hamad." she says as she brings Hamad close to fix his suit. "Here we go. You look perfect for tonight. Anything else you need?"

"Don't worry, Maryam. I must be ready to take on this new task of mine, for I am the incoming President. I know it will make my schedule busier, but I think I'll be fine."

"Indeed you will, and I'm optomistic you will execute the responsibilities of your job perfectly."

"I won't be completely perfect, but I'll do my best to serve the people of Crossoveria for the next five years as President."

"Or another term or two."

"I'm not sure about another term or two, but either way, as the President, it will by my duty to be of service for my country. Now, let's head the East Wing, shall we? That's where the ceremony is being held." And they do so.

The East Wing is a concert hall which is usually reserved for government meetings for ceremonies where world leaders from across the world attend. This event is one of those times the latter happens. When ceremonies or meetings happen, the national anthem is always played first before the metting or ceremony officially starts. The master of these ceremonies is the Supreme Leader, currently Waldemar Rochester. The staff in this meeting have prepared everything for this meeting, including the food to be served buffet style and the sound equippment, so speeches will be heard. The Supreme Leader Waldemar Rochester, dressed in his usual business suit and tie, and his wife Marie BonAztire, wearing a sleeved gown, are to greet the guests of this ceremony.

"Alright, everything is in position and perfected." says Supreme Leader Rochester. "This should be a wonderful time for the guests, shouldn't it Marie?'

"Absolutely." Marie replies. "After having our first democratic election, I'm sure the guests would love to come meet the new President."

"I am optomistic, like you, that Al Meskin will bring upon us a new political age, and will be insturmental in our ongoing democratic turnaround. But for now, it's time for Al Meskin to be inagurated." Waldemar and Marie stand at the door of the East Wing of the Presidential House to greet the guests, both either government officials in Crossoveria and world leaders.

This is a list of music that will be played throughout the entire ceremony.

Guest list

--Crossoverian Attendees--

Waldemar Rochester - Supreme Leader of Crossoveria
Marie BonAztire - Former Supreme Leader of Crossoveria and wife of Waldemar Rochester
Haadhir Rochester - Brother of the Supreme Leader
Travis Mavis - Speaker of the Legislature

Hamad bin Ahmad Al Meskin - Incoming President
Tariq Al Akhtar - Incoming Vice President
Kipper Woofler - Outgoing President
Charles Carpenter - Outgoing Vice President

Outgoing Cabinet of Kipper Woofler’s:
Secretary of State: Ordima Phastivali
Secretary of Defense: Jahseh Stronshard
Secretary of Equal Rights: Porkchop Funnie
Secretary of the Treasury: Greg Heffley
Secretary of Labor: Drake Osila
Secretary of Justice: Maine Cozart
Secretary of Education: Tim Calrissian
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Phoebe Dabrowski
Secretary of Health: Louise Sanjohan
Secretary of Communications: Ulysses Azantyz
Secretary of Transportation: Farzad Abaki
Secretary of Energy: Elsa Rianna
Secretary of Agriculture: Carl Denkins
Secretary of Territory: Zal Batmanglij
Secretary of Magic: Alena Illamajadi
Secretary of Homeland Security: Jahseh Gorman

Incoming Cabinet of Hamad bin Ahmad Al Meskin’s:
Secretary of State: Ezzine Trodjutski
Secretary of Defense: Kaiketsu Zorori
Secretary of the Treasury: Elleija Rahmoni
Secretary of Labor: Muhammed Habib Esrani
Secretary of Justice: Gamal Osu Delano
Secretary of Education: Moby Calrissian
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Jusif Makheli
Secretary of Health: Daphney Danklei
Secretary of Communications: Husni Spletzer
Secretary of Transportation: Ibrahim Lardwikhi
Secretary of Energy: Sandro Binjepki
Secretary of Agriculture: Enzokuhle Sanchez
Secretary of Territory: Mehdi Abidini
Secretary of Magic: Dashi Theresa Kowani
Secretary of Homeland Security: Jomart Triantis

Army officials:
Army General: Jahseh Stronshard
Navy General: Hafez Rodeneck
Coast Guard General: Bashar Loeschorn
Air Force General: Phillip Woofnbark
Marine General: Abram Moctis Jr.

Party Leaders:
Casterman: Raul Hutchens
Krona: Gustav Sagdiyev
Zola: Woodrow Hinzarty
Babushka: Babushka Artyomova
Eco-Green Party: Mikhial Abakar
Military Party: Lukas Sorbani
Theocratic Party: Muhammad Al Abbas
Anthro Party: Douglass Lamar

--Foreign Attendees--

Kingmen Delegation: Allan Beck
Dispertag Delegation: Sandra Uriarte Figueras
Sierre Delegation: Ardal Leopold May
Mackilandian Delegation: Mate Saledi - AKA Vasuka
Tocan Isle Delegation: Emily Loren
Syslandic Delegation: Sasha Rednette
Balkanian Delegation: Qadir Al Khalifah
Old Rivendellin Delegation: Finriel Mirthuil
Reuhan Delegation: Te Rata Te Rongomau
Phibeta Delegation: Douglas Sousa
Last edited by The Imagination Animals on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: Crossoveria
NS Stats are NOT canon!
This nation doesn't represent my views

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

Rivendellfolk
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivendellfolk » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:17 am

OK, is this planned because on the hills of manchuria is my anthem lol.
also you have a supreme leader and a president? tell me more about your goverment please.

King Finriel and his wife Elien arrive as the first.
They greet the new president and the supreme leader and give them gifts, such as:
-A light snowflake obsidian-ridden gray gawn from the fluffiest rivendellin wool for Maryam;
-A bouquet of Rinblossoms also for Maryam
-A salt-caramel bonbonier and a chocolate-apple-cinnamon cake for Hamad
-A White-Zubr fur coat for Hamad
-And a Narin Bonsai tree for Waldemar and his wife
Last edited by Rivendellfolk on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sierra Grand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sierra Grand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 am

The Sierre Delegation arrives in a helicopter landing on some poor kid in the streets.
IC Sierra Grand does not represent my actual views, it is more authoritarian than I am.
Proud American-Albanian-Belgian and NAVA member (he/him)
Fluent Anglophone, Albanophone, Francophone, Partially Germanophone
Hail Sovereign Sara May. L.P.D. and Left/Rights claim victory in Luyver meanwhile Cantonsall is currently on fire. Another train has blown up in downtown P.E., what's new?

Sierra Grand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sierra Grand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 am

His Sovereignty sincerely apologises to the bloodied kid, before walking to the event location.
IC Sierra Grand does not represent my actual views, it is more authoritarian than I am.
Proud American-Albanian-Belgian and NAVA member (he/him)
Fluent Anglophone, Albanophone, Francophone, Partially Germanophone
Hail Sovereign Sara May. L.P.D. and Left/Rights claim victory in Luyver meanwhile Cantonsall is currently on fire. Another train has blown up in downtown P.E., what's new?

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:04 am

Rivendellfolk wrote:OK, is this planned because on the hills of manchuria is my anthem lol.
also you have a supreme leader and a president? tell me more about your goverment please
King Finriel and his wife Elien arrive as the first.
They greet the new president and the supreme leader and give them gifts, such as:
-A light snowflake obsidian-ridden gray gawn from the fluffiest rivendellin wool for Maryam;
-A bouquet of Rinblossoms also for Maryam
-A salt-caramel bonbonier and a chocolate-apple-cinnamon cake for Hamad
-A White-Zubr fur coat for Hamad
-And a Narin Bonsai tree for Waldemar

Oh shoot sorry I didn't realise lol.
Lastly, more on our political system here.

Al Meskin and his wife had just arrived to the ceremony when they spot King Finriel and his wife, as well as the gifts they brought him. They both come up to the couple, who were already being greeted by the Supreme Leader and his wife. He then sees Ardal Leopold May, the Soverign and Sierre Delegation of Sierra Grand.

"Mashallah, how do you do, my friends?"
Last edited by The Imagination Animals on Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phibeta » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 pm

These past few months have been quiet for the Grand Kingdom of Phibeta. Her Majesty’s government has been debating whether or nor their overseas territories are worth keeping in this age of dying imperialism. Other than that, there was nothing to note. Except for their friend Cartoonia, the former colony turned superpower in just a few years. In the past year or so, they have been keeping a sharp eye on Crossoveria, who not only tried to land an invasion in Cartoonia, but tried to hurt the children as well, which goes against the teachings of the Church of the Cardinal Heroes. Of course, these attacks were failures, but this could lead to future attacks, on Phibetan soil no doubt.

But in the end, it seemed that the whole situation has died down. And with Cartoonia pulling out, it was time to seek out relations. Phibeta established an embassy within the republic, and kept a closer eye on the nation. With the past election, they were eager to rub elbows with higher-ups in the region, especially with hopes to encourage reform.

This is where Douglas Sousa comes in, the prime minister of Phibeta. He wasn’t planning on going, but it was the suggestion of Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, to travel to Crossoveria and get friendly with their leaders. She can’t go because she had a family gathering in the hills of Chestershire, and with the list only including heads of state, heads of government and military officials, it was only fair.

Now here he was, in a different country, far from home. It was a good thing he appointed an acting deputy minister, so his work would not be going untouched. From the embassy in Crossoveripolis, he takes a cab trip down to the East Wing. It all seemed too familiar, for he had been in Cartoonia back in 2020, when Nigel Uno was elected Chancellor and inaugurated. He wonders if even when Cartoonia left, its influence still rings through the citizens.

It could just be him though, for he is very honest and blunt about everything and anything. He is sure it might just be a full coincidence. Having read through a few documents and databases before leaving, he has found that this nation is mostly Islamic-oriented, a republic, but sometimes feels more theocratic. He was a proud practitioner of the Cardinal Heroes, which spreads the good word of Strength, Justice, Honor, and Freedom. Though Cardinal he may be, he has tolerance for other religions as well.

He has his doubts of coming here though, as many times in the past, there seems to have been major revolutions and government overthrows, which were alerted by their allies, the Cartoon government. But it seemed they were past that now, with these democratic elections. Douglas felt a little at ease, but was still on alert.

He arrives at the East Wing, the wing itself not looking half bad. Not as ornate as the concert halls and ballrooms of Phibeta, but comfy nevertheless. He walks down the corridor, making his way to the hall itself.
Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Phibeta wrote:These past few months have been quiet for the Grand Kingdom of Phibeta. Her Majesty’s government has been debating whether or nor their overseas territories are worth keeping in this age of dying imperialism. Other than that, there was nothing to note. Except for their friend Cartoonia, the former colony turned superpower in just a few years. In the past year or so, they have been keeping a sharp eye on Crossoveria, who not only tried to land an invasion in Cartoonia, but tried to hurt the children as well, which goes against the teachings of the Church of the Cardinal Heroes. Of course, these attacks were failures, but this could lead to future attacks, on Phibetan soil no doubt.

But in the end, it seemed that the whole situation has died down. And with Cartoonia pulling out, it was time to seek out relations. Phibeta established an embassy within the republic, and kept a closer eye on the nation. With the past election, they were eager to rub elbows with higher-ups in the region, especially with hopes to encourage reform.

This is where Douglas Sousa comes in, the prime minister of Phibeta. He wasn’t planning on going, but it was the suggestion of Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, to travel to Crossoveria and get friendly with their leaders. She can’t go because she had a family gathering in the hills of Chestershire, and with the list only including heads of state, heads of government and military officials, it was only fair.

Now here he was, in a different country, far from home. It was a good thing he appointed an acting deputy minister, so his work would not be going untouched. From the embassy in Crossoveripolis, he takes a cab trip down to the East Wing. It all seemed too familiar, for he had been in Cartoonia back in 2020, when Nigel Uno was elected Chancellor and inaugurated. He wonders if even when Cartoonia left, its influence still rings through the citizens.

It could just be him though, for he is very honest and blunt about everything and anything. He is sure it might just be a full coincidence. Having read through a few documents and databases before leaving, he has found that this nation is mostly Islamic-oriented, a republic, but sometimes feels more theocratic. He was a proud practitioner of the Cardinal Heroes, which spreads the good word of Strength, Justice, Honor, and Freedom. Though Cardinal he may be, he has tolerance for other religions as well.

He has his doubts of coming here though, as many times in the past, there seems to have been major revolutions and government overthrows, which were alerted by their allies, the Cartoon government. But it seemed they were past that now, with these democratic elections. Douglas felt a little at ease, but was still on alert.

He arrives at the East Wing, the wing itself not looking half bad. Not as ornate as the concert halls and ballrooms of Phibeta, but comfy nevertheless. He walks down the corridor, making his way to the hall itself.

Supreme Leader Waldemar Rochester, President Al Meskin, and their wives spot Douglas Sousa entering the hall. Rochester and BonAztire are sincerely delighted to see the Prime Minister of Phibeta arrive in Crossoveripolis.

"Welcome to Crossoveria, my friend." Rochester says to Mr. Sousa while giving him a handshake. "How do you do? This is Hamad bin Ahamd Al Meskin, the new President. We are having a ceremony in honor of him becoming the new President."

Al Meskin comes up to Mr. Sousa and gives him a handshake as well. Al Meskin, despite being aware that Phibeta was allied with Cartoonia, was willing to get friendly with the Prime Minister, and didn't want to ignite conflict just because Phibeta has a friendly attitude with a country who's influence he did not welcome. So, he greeted Douglas Sousa with a warm smile. "It's an honor to have you here." he says.
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Phibeta
Envoy

Postby Phibeta » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:14 pm

The Imagination Animals wrote:Supreme Leader Waldemar Rochester, President Al Meskin, and their wives spot Douglas Sousa entering the hall. Rochester and BonAztire are sincerely delighted to see the Prime Minister of Phibeta arrive in Crossoveripolis.

"Welcome to Crossoveria, my friend." Rochester says to Mr. Sousa while giving him a handshake. "How do you do? This is Hamad bin Ahamd Al Meskin, the new President. We are having a ceremony in honor of him becoming the new President."

Al Meskin comes up to Mr. Sousa and gives him a handshake as well. Al Meskin, despite being aware that Phibeta was allied with Cartoonia, was willing to get friendly with the Prime Minister, and didn't want to ignite conflict just because Phibeta has a friendly attitude with a country who's influence he did not welcome. So, he greeted Douglas Sousa with a warm smile. "It's an honor to have you here." he says.

“It’s the pleasure of Her Majesty that a representative of her realm be here, and I am certainly humbled to be here. I am doing quite well for myself thank you,” Douglas says to the Supreme Leader. “Her Majesty wishes you good tidings this evening and hope your nation continues to grow in peace and prosperity”. His attention is now on the new president of this republic.

“Mr. Hamad bin Ahamd Al Meskin, the president who has won by a victorious landslide. As an elected official myself, I congratulate you on this fine victory. But beware, great power comes great responsibility. I am sure that you will lead the government in policies that benefit all of us”. He turns to the supreme leader’s wife, also a former supreme leader herself.

“And you must be Marie BonAztire. Her Majesty has heard much about your exploits during your tenure as head of state. Including unsavory policies of child endangerment, not to mention overseeing a revolution that put that damned ACE in charge, and attacking our closest friend in the region” he finishes quite bluntly, which is how he usually is.
Queen Diane II
Conquérants Du Monde
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:12 pm

Phibeta wrote:“It’s the pleasure of Her Majesty that a representative of her realm be here, and I am certainly humbled to be here. I am doing quite well for myself thank you,” Douglas says to the Supreme Leader. “Her Majesty wishes you good tidings this evening and hope your nation continues to grow in peace and prosperity”. His attention is now on the new president of this republic.

“Mr. Hamad bin Ahamd Al Meskin, the president who has won by a victorious landslide. As an elected official myself, I congratulate you on this fine victory. But beware, great power comes great responsibility. I am sure that you will lead the government in policies that benefit all of us”. He turns to the supreme leader’s wife, also a former supreme leader herself.

“And you must be Marie BonAztire. Her Majesty has heard much about your exploits during your tenure as head of state. Including unsavory policies of child endangerment, not to mention overseeing a revolution that put that damned ACE in charge, and attacking our closest friend in the region” he finishes quite bluntly, which is how he usually is.

"I am aware of my newfound responsibilities, Mr. Sousa." Al Meskin replies with a smile. "I shall use them wisely and only for the benefit for the people, both in our country and other countries as well, including yours."

Marie BonAztire hears the remarks about her as if it isn't extraordinary. After all, she led an authoritarian regime for forty years with one of the worst human rights conditions in the world. "The attacks on Cartoonia were none of my doing." BonAztire says in defense. "The ACE took control of the government, a coup which they called a 'revolution', and then decided to invade. I managed to come up with a compromise between me and the Cartoon Supreme Leader to have the ACE members I deployed removed, just months before being removed."
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Phibeta
Envoy

Postby Phibeta » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:48 pm

The Imagination Animals wrote:"I am aware of my newfound responsibilities, Mr. Sousa." Al Meskin replies with a smile. "I shall use them wisely and only for the benefit for the people, both in our country and other countries as well, including yours."

Marie BonAztire hears the remarks about her as if it isn't extraordinary. After all, she led an authoritarian regime for forty years with one of the worst human rights conditions in the world. "The attacks on Cartoonia were none of my doing." BonAztire says in defense. "The ACE took control of the government, a coup which they called a 'revolution', and then decided to invade. I managed to come up with a compromise between me and the Cartoon Supreme Leader to have the ACE members I deployed removed, just months before being removed."

“That would be true, but even so. Your policies were the ones that instigated the coup. Even when you implemented sweeping reforms, this ACE had enamored your policies to a tea that they were willing to overthrow you and continue these awful policies”. Douglas sighs. “Anyway, the one thing I will commend you for is stepping down after being put back into power, as well as introducing democratic reform, which Her Majesty also commends”. Douglas smiles.

“Anyway, I wish you all the best. We hope that stability remains and we can further relations in the future”.
Queen Diane II
Conquérants Du Monde

Rivendellfolk
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivendellfolk » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:25 am

The Sierre Delegation arrives in a helicopter landing on some poor kid in the streets.
His Sovereignty sincerely apologises to the bloodied kid, before walking to the event location.

King Finriel saw it all happen and rolled his eyes.
'Classic mr. "His Sovereignity" May...'
He moved on and greeted the delegation.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Phibeta wrote:“That would be true, but even so. Your policies were the ones that instigated the coup. Even when you implemented sweeping reforms, this ACE had enamored your policies to a tea that they were willing to overthrow you and continue these awful policies”. Douglas sighs. “Anyway, the one thing I will commend you for is stepping down after being put back into power, as well as introducing democratic reform, which Her Majesty also commends”. Douglas smiles.

“Anyway, I wish you all the best. We hope that stability remains and we can further relations in the future”.

"Eh, the ACE was a state-owned police force before the coup." BonAztire explains. "They only did the coup because I had to negotiate with the Toon government to get the ACE soldiers out of there shores."

"I wish you the best as well, Mr. Sousa." Mr. Al Meskin says.

Rivendellfolk wrote:The Sierre Delegation arrives in a helicopter landing on some poor kid in the streets.
King Finriel saw it all happen and rolled his eyes.
'Classic mr. "His Sovereignity" May...'
He moved on and greeted the delegation.

Al Meskin and the two Supreme Leaders, Seeing the delegates approach, greet Ardal May and King Finriel.

"Mashallah, how do you do my friends?' Al Meskin says while greeting the two men. "It's wonderful to have you two come here."
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53 am

Apologies it's taken me so long to post, I've ended up having the week from hell so haven't had time.

The Rangatira's giant frame cast a large shadow along the ornate corridor of the East Wing as he made his way to the ballroom, often having to duck under chandeliers and other low hanging decorations in a hall that clearly had not been designed with a man of his stature in mind.

He was flanked by a handful of assistants - an EA, a translator and somewhat comically two traditionally dressed Toa (noble warriors) who were to act as bodyguards despite both being dwarfed by Te Rata Te Rongomau's height and solid build.

"Most Honourable Rangatira, I've been reading up on Hamad bin Ahmad Al Meskin," Said Ngaio Rangi, an advisor from the Department of State. "Do you really think we can work with him?"

"I wouldn't have come if I didn't think so," Replied the Rangatira without looking back at Ngaio. "Crossoveria have, in general, been very benevolent towards the Empire and I have judged it most prudent to return their kindness by attending the inauguration of their new President. This event also allows me to make connections with other world leaders and is thus in line with our long-term foreign diplomatic strategy."

Ngaio bowed in deference at the answer, though the Rangatira never saw it as they arrived in the hall, with the Rangatira doing his best to ignore the fact that his mere presence was drawing him attention.

The Rangatira was over seven feet tall, extremely well-built and muscular and had a face entirely covered by Ta Moko, traditional tattoos that in his case signified his high status as the paramount chief of the nation and head of government. He had tried to stuff his large form into a western-style suit for the ceremony which at times looked barely able to contain him.

Yet despite his fearsome exterior, when he spoke his voice was extremely soft - sometimes barely more than a whisper, while a few loose strands of grey hair hinted that the Rangatira was perhaps more venerable and frail than one would assume upon a mere cursory glance.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am

Tangatarehua wrote:Apologies it's taken me so long to post, I've ended up having the week from hell so haven't had time.

The Rangatira's giant frame cast a large shadow along the ornate corridor of the East Wing as he made his way to the ballroom, often having to duck under chandeliers and other low hanging decorations in a hall that clearly had not been designed with a man of his stature in mind.

He was flanked by a handful of assistants - an EA, a translator and somewhat comically two traditionally dressed Toa (noble warriors) who were to act as bodyguards despite both being dwarfed by Te Rata Te Rongomau's height and solid build.

"Most Honourable Rangatira, I've been reading up on Hamad bin Ahmad Al Meskin," Said Ngaio Rangi, an advisor from the Department of State. "Do you really think we can work with him?"

"I wouldn't have come if I didn't think so," Replied the Rangatira without looking back at Ngaio. "Crossoveria have, in general, been very benevolent towards the Empire and I have judged it most prudent to return their kindness by attending the inauguration of their new President. This event also allows me to make connections with other world leaders and is thus in line with our long-term foreign diplomatic strategy."

Ngaio bowed in deference at the answer, though the Rangatira never saw it as they arrived in the hall, with the Rangatira doing his best to ignore the fact that his mere presence was drawing him attention.

The Rangatira was over seven feet tall, extremely well-built and muscular and had a face entirely covered by Ta Moko, traditional tattoos that in his case signified his high status as the paramount chief of the nation and head of government. He had tried to stuff his large form into a western-style suit for the ceremony which at times looked barely able to contain him.

Yet despite his fearsome exterior, when he spoke his voice was extremely soft - sometimes barely more than a whisper, while a few loose strands of grey hair hinted that the Rangatira was perhaps more venerable and frail than one would assume upon a mere cursory glance.

Marie BonAztire and Waldemar Rochester see Rongomau and his assistants approach the hallway to the East Wing. Al Meskin and his wife had already left to meet with his cabinet for the very first time. Anyway, the Supreme couple happily greet the Rangatira and his assistants, both wearing warm smiles on their faces, as expected when greeting guests.

"Welcome to Crossoveria, Most Honorable Rangatira. It's an honor to have you come here to attend Al Meskin's inaguration." Supreme Leader Rochester tells the Rangatira as he shakes hands with him. He has been looking foward to strenghtening ties with Tangatarehua for weeks, and has become jubiant upon hearing the news of the Rangatira coming to Crossoveria for Al Meskin's inaguration ceremony. This is what he tells him after welcoming him to Crossoveria.
Last edited by The Imagination Animals on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:18 am

The Rangatira bowed deeply before the Supreme couple, as was considered a polite form of greeting in Tangatrehua - especially before someone of such esteemed rank. He paused a little when offered a handshake, the custom not a familiar one to him but with an encouraging nod from his translator he gripped the hand of Waldemar Rochester, returning the warm smile as he did.

"I am honoured to accept your invitation and your hospitality," Said the Rangatira. His English, though pronounced perfectly, was slightly stilted and formal, coming out in a very gentle, breathy tone that stood in stark contrast to his otherwise fearsome exterior. "I wish to convey upon yourself, your family and of course your nation the good and warm wishes of the Imperial government and I am authorised to convey personally the warmest wishes of Te Kuia o Whenua, that is to say, the Empress."

The Rangatira had overheard the brief brouhaha earlier between Marie BonAztire and Douglas Sousa and though it had taken him a little longer for his head to translate the contents of the argument from English, as he did he realised just how similar his own position was to that of the Supreme lady and his heart sympathised with her.

After all, he was himself the nephew of Te Rata Pakanga - "The Butcher of the South Pacific" whose wars of conquest meant saw Tangatarehua rape, pillage, destroy and cannibalise their way across the ocean until finally stopped by a coalition of western powers, leading to his uncle's execution for crimes against humanity.

And as a head of government whose election was not democratic in the strictest sense of the word but leading a nation that was on the road toward democracy while at the same time reeling from international condemnation he realised just how much he was in the presence of a kindred spirit.

While the nation's official foreign policy was "to promote peace, free trade and mutual friendship and understanding across the world", the unofficial subtext was that Tangatarehua was a nation desperate to atone for its past sins.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:14 am

Tangatarehua wrote:The Rangatira bowed deeply before the Supreme couple, as was considered a polite form of greeting in Tangatrehua - especially before someone of such esteemed rank. He paused a little when offered a handshake, the custom not a familiar one to him but with an encouraging nod from his translator he gripped the hand of Waldemar Rochester, returning the warm smile as he did.

"I am honoured to accept your invitation and your hospitality," Said the Rangatira. His English, though pronounced perfectly, was slightly stilted and formal, coming out in a very gentle, breathy tone that stood in stark contrast to his otherwise fearsome exterior. "I wish to convey upon yourself, your family and of course your nation the good and warm wishes of the Imperial government and I am authorised to convey personally the warmest wishes of Te Kuia o Whenua, that is to say, the Empress."

The Rangatira had overheard the brief brouhaha earlier between Marie BonAztire and Douglas Sousa and though it had taken him a little longer for his head to translate the contents of the argument from English, as he did he realised just how similar his own position was to that of the Supreme lady and his heart sympathised with her.

After all, he was himself the nephew of Te Rata Pakanga - "The Butcher of the South Pacific" whose wars of conquest meant saw Tangatarehua rape, pillage, destroy and cannibalise their way across the ocean until finally stopped by a coalition of western powers, leading to his uncle's execution for crimes against humanity.

And as a head of government whose election was not democratic in the strictest sense of the word but leading a nation that was on the road toward democracy while at the same time reeling from international condemnation he realised just how much he was in the presence of a kindred spirit.

While the nation's official foreign policy was "to promote peace, free trade and mutual friendship and understanding across the world", the unofficial subtext was that Tangatarehua was a nation desperate to atone for its past sins.

"We accept these warm wishes from the Empress of Tangatarehua." Marie BonAztire says to the Rangatira. "Again, thank you for attending this ceremony. We look foward to having better relations between our nations soon." She and her husband then bows down to the Rangatira, seeing how he used it as their form of greeting and wanting to be respectable.

"I also bet that Al Meskin would love meeting you, Most Honorable Tangatira." Supreme Leader Rochester says.

It shouldn't take long for the Supreme couple to realize possible similarities between the two countries: in foreign policy and history of human rights violations, which, along with the attendance of the Rangatira to Saied Al Meskin's inaguration ceremony, would make it easier for the Supreme Leader to strengthen the alliance he wants with Tangatarehua for weeks since the embassy establishment. The Supreme Leader has alson believed that Hamad Al Meskin, the incoming President, would love meeting the Rangatira, along with the other guests in the ceremony.
NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates