NATION

PASSWORD

Would you vote for a party with this platform?- US Politics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Would you vote for a party with this platform?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 43

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Would you vote for a party with this platform?- US Politics

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:18 am

-Increase Wall Street regulations
-Free community college
-Medicare for All (PRIORITY)
-Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points (border wall is not a priority, legal immigration is)
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list)
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt
-Mandatory Voter ID, universal and free
-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes
-Increase taxes on those making more than $1 million/year (PRIORITY)
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class
-Figure out ways to speed up the process to vet refugees to let more in
-Legalize marijuana (PRIORITY)
-No regulations on cryptocurrency
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons)
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training)
-Break up monopolies and bring new antitrust action
-Ban all corporate lobbying
-Repeal the Patriot Act

This platform includes some left-wing and right-wing positions, which I think are a good platform and I would support it. Putting my opinion so that it does not get taken down like it did yesterday. Please debate and discuss below!

Catalonia 2070 RP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Catalonia 2070 RP » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:23 am

The only thing i disagree with is the pro border wall part.

Senawka
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Senawka » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:23 am

Why would i want to speed up the process to let "refugees" in?

B o r o v a n
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby B o r o v a n » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:25 am

Republicanana wrote:-Increase Wall Street regulations
No. The financial crisis problem was not enough money for the SEC to enforce the rules, not regulations.
-Free community college
No. Community colleges needs more aid for classes, instructors, and programs but tuition should not be free for students.
-Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points (border wall is not a priority, legal immigration is)
Im generally against a wall.
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list)
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed
As long as it doesn't cost too much money or it's worth the cost at least.
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible
-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts
Im against increase but loopholes should be closed.
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons)
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training)
-Repeal the Patriot Act

This platform includes some left-wing and right-wing positions, which I think are a good platform and I would support it. Putting my opinion so that it does not get taken down like it did yesterday. Please debate and discuss below!

So some ideas I support but there's many I disagree with. But if there's a party, I wouldn't vote for them.
Last edited by B o r o v a n on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
STRONGLY ANTI ESTABLISHMENT AND ANTI MERITOCRACY

The eternal swedish empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The eternal swedish empire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am

Nvm
There are a lot of things i didn't read
Maybe not...

Congdao
Secretary

Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Congdao » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am

Possibly. I like the repeal the patriot act part and the crypto currency part aswell as voter id. But then again there is also a lot I disagree with
Last edited by Congdao on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:36 am

You've reposted this three times, man. :p
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:41 am

Great Algerstonia wrote:You've reposted this three times, man. :p

I needed to make sure down it doesn't get taken down, I forgot to state my opinion and I couldn't repost it without one on the same day I guess.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:43 am

Catalonia 2070 RP wrote:The only thing i disagree with is the pro border wall part.

The border wall would be to stop drug trafficking while helping to process immigrants quicker and more effectively.

Cornfederacy of Corn
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cornfederacy of Corn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am

-Free community college
I would include universities as well
There should be a bigger focus on naturalization
Heavy emphasis on cutting military spending
Only if we agree to help them do that
Ehh
-Repeal the Patriot Act

There are quite a few things that I wouldn't necessarily support, but compared to the 2 halves of a party currently in power, this one still sounds far superior.

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Republicanana wrote:This platform includes some left-wing and right-wing positions, which I think are a good platform and I would support it. Putting my opinion so that it does not get taken down like it did yesterday. Please debate and discuss below!

You have some good ideas and I would support those particular planks. You have some bad ideas that i think, imho, are what is wrong with the country. I like that you are trying out various concepts, and planks. One of the things is to find consistency and coherence to overarching principles that reach both broadly and deeply in its judiciousness. I love these types of mental exercises, and enjoy discussing them over round table discussions at coffee.shops. I could not vote for someone from this party in good conscience.

-Increase Wall Street regulations --
no. Try the SEC, FTC, and other federal regulatory agencies for their fraud, abuse, and corruption, then we can talk about sane regulatory practices.
-Free community college
their is no such thing as free. someone pays for it, and if it goes through the government the waste and squander usually end up meaning that less then 15c on the dollar actually gets to a student. as alsways this causes even greater disadvantage to the poor as the price of education (because of government interference) skyrockets.
hades in a heat wave, no. since medicare was passed the quality of care (rated for technological development) has decreased, and the costs of medical care has more than quintupled. The poor used to be able to afford a doctor because the doctors had to price themselves within the means of the community. Government intervention means that doctors have to price themselves according to the increased cost of doing business constrained by a regulatory agency. Passing laws allowing insurance companies to profit on speculation of the pain and suffering of others (insurance) has exacerbated the problem. Forced medical insurance is ludicrous beyond madness. With Medicare less than 12c on the dollar gets to an actual patient.
sound concept. A big beautiful wall with a broad golden gate -- Donald J. Trump.
1st part sound. Second part, as long a due process was followed and the person banned is a de-facto threat to the safety of others.as determined by actual due process in a court of law where the accused was afforded his right to face his accusers.
It is the nature of government administration to be slow, ponderous, and inefficient. That is its advantage -- put it in charge of things you want to see diminished. Get rid of it if it can be done by the Citizens themselves without cost to the taxpayer. When the state gets involved expect the quality to go down and the price to increase relative to professionalism in a free and open market. And get rid of everything in the federal government not specifically authorized for it to do and go back to doing the 17 enumerated things that it has been given lawful credence to do. Once they can do that well, then maybe let them have a go at the other things that belong to the States, the Counties and Municipalities, or the People.
If that means going back to regulation meaning "to make regular" for maximal liberty and maximal trade and commerce without arbitrary restraint or debilitation, sure.
I do not know what that means. All I have heard from climate extremists is, "surrender all your rights, privileges, and immunities and turn over all control of your life as a human being to some delusional megalomaniacs so they can protect us from extremely bad weather. That is the cry of evil monsters in every generation -- "Give me power over you from Threat-X because my fear-mongering is prophecy!" If scientists are correct, during one of the middle epochs (some time before the Jurassic) the earth' s mean temperature was 17 *C higher than it is now. We had temperate forests near the poles and a super-tropics at the equator. It has gotten so cold that just a few thousand years ago, there was a 1.5 km of ice sheets over what is now New York, Chicago, and Vancouver in N. America and over much of Northern Europe and Asia --and the planet's sea level was 350 meters lower than it is now. The Sun and our planet's relative position has more influence over the temperature of the atmosphere (and the geological effusion of carbons, hydrocarbons, and chlorofluorocarbons) than our over esteemed opinion of ourselves. Those who can convince people of absurdities can convince them into committing atrocities.
Free trade are weasel words with no definitive meaning except to enlarge the coffers of the Establishment ruling class at the expense of the working poor and small business enterpreneur. If free trade means returning to free and open markets where even the poor and the individual entrepreneur can participate on an even footing, yes. If not no.
Start by auditing the federal reserve and hold the shareholders liable for their fraud and legerdemain. Return to honest banking and sound currency. Hold congress liable for their fraud against the American people when they debauch the currency. Disband the Federal Reserve Bank (a private corporation), and return the responsibility back to the Treasury to print our notes, and coin our currency under direct Congressional oversight. Make banks compete in the marketplace like any other business, and stop rewarding them for failure.
Nope. In a free country a person is who they say they are, which is lawful as long as there is no intent to commit fraud or coercion.. On a plantation the master tells you who you are. The job of the registrar and elections clerks are to already determine before the election who is registered to vote in that precinct. They then match your name with the register. If they cannot do that they need to be fired, and replaced by someone who can. If their malfeasance is deliberate they need to be jailed. Voters who slip through the cracks can sign an affidavit and submit a ballot. If they (voters) commit fraud in the process i am okay with the current statures of 5 years imprisonment per act of offence (but without parole).
Good luck with that. If you want to enforce it prepare for war with China. They have already threatened that nuclear war is a consideration if we interfere with their course to become the world power.
No. The end consumer always pays for any and all taxes in the cost of the item. This always hurts the poor the most. Go back to a low (and this time even) tarrif on goods and services entering and leaving US territory.
Get rid of individual taxation.
Get rid of all direct taxes on all individuals.
okay...
Decriminalize drugs that have a malignancy equal to or less severe than alcohol. Return to local jurisdictions criminalizing or legalize the severe drugs as they need to, or as they see fit. Remove all restrictions on needful medicines used in the normal course of living.
If by no regulation, you mean no arbitrary control, yes. If by no regulations you mean allowing fraud and coercion, no.
Yes. Abandon the failed concept of the Progressive Modern Judicial System, and return to a simple legal system where the purpose of the court is to try the facts and the law in due process as to an actual crime (someones life, liberty, or property were wrongly taken or diminished). We ineffectively try to rehab the cirminal in prison, and then our soiciety foolishly punishes them for being ex-convicts. Make prison a place of actual punishment --short and harsh for moral stupidity. Also, have government stop legislating/decreeing/adjudicationg that society must punish its ex-convicts, so that society can actually rehabilitate its ex-convicts back into itself.
Maybe. Why not, abandon the failed Progressivist concept of the Modern Police Force as law enforcement agents of the state authorized to collect revenue through citation and forfeiture in order to conform the citizenry into a social norm, and return them to being civil peace officers whose job is to keep order with minimal infringement upon the rights, privileges and immunities of each and every individual equally no matter how freely they express themselves within the bounds of lawful (as it doesn't defraud or coerce someone else) activity. .
The best way to do that is to break up government interference in the marketplace. Most monopolies form because of bad government.
Or ban business and workers from having to form their companies, concerns, partnerships, entrepreneurships, endeavors, and enterprises as corporations which are by law creatures of the state, and return to each and every persons' business being nobody elses, especially not the government. When government gets out of the people's business, only evil people have an interest in lobbying government over other people's business. Go back to limited government where the government only steps in in cases of force and fraud (that is where someone's life, liberty or property have been denied, deprived, or diminished).
-Repeal the Patriot Act
Yes. No patriot in his right mind could vote yes on that fascistic monstrosity. In fact it will eventually be used to go after patriots.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 19 times in total.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Let’s see…
Yes
-Free community college
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No Be pragmatic
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No to Increasing Yes to closing loopholes
No
Yes
Yes
Only for medical usage
No, ban cryptocurrency
Yes
Yes
No
-Repeal the Patriot Act
Yes

I agree with majority of these things so I would vote for this hypothetical party.
Last edited by The Jamesian Republic on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Become an Independent. You’ll see how liberating it is.
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

Arisyan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Arisyan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:14 pm

Besides the border wall and no regulations on cryptocurrency, I agree with the majority of the values this party espouses and I would prefer them to the current two-parties operating.
Hyper-meta-post-post-modern populist eco-libertarian democratic socialist with council communist, luxemburgist, social ecologist and democratic confederalist characteristics and Celtic Nationalist Aesthetics and anti-fascist praxis.

Canadian Republican, Anti-monarchist, Anti-commonwealth. Bring back the FLQ and Weather Underground!
I'm interested in geography and politics and existential dread. *internal screaming*
Anatoliyanskiy's OOC nation he uses to scream into the void that is NSG. Free Rojava! (IRL one, not NS)
I'm BI

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:44 pm

The following Yes -
-Free community college but only if the candidate has average to high grades.
-Medicare for All (PRIORITY). If Taiwan can do it why not the US.
-Border wall is a waste of money but effective. Better to encourage legal immigration through entry points. While at it build a border wall on the US-Canada border since only building a wall with Mexico seems kind of discriminating.
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt (PRIORITY)
-Increase corporate taxes and close current loopholes

The following No -
-We do not need to be more aggressive in fighting climate change since those who have not usually are the ones who are going to pay for it. And when it comes to China and India on the Paris agreement. India cannot retool there nation overnight which is why they set a date of 2050. China who knows.
- Yes, we need regulations on cryptocurrency. Its a scam. Banning it if necessary.

When it comes to the ideas missing from this list, there effects need to be studied more. So put them on the backburner for a few years.

Edit - Its the 21 century. The US is a democracy so its time to do something about all those so called territories.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Rio Cana wrote:The following Yes -
-Free community college but only if the candidate has average to high grades.
-Medicare for All (PRIORITY). If Taiwan can do it why not the US.
-Border wall is a waste of money but effective. Better to encourage legal immigration through entry points. While at it build a border wall on the US-Canada border since only building a wall with Mexico seems kind of discriminating.
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt (PRIORITY)
-Increase corporate taxes and close current loopholes

The following No -
-We do not need to be more aggressive in fighting climate change since those who have not usually are the ones who are going to pay for it. And when it comes to China and India on the Paris agreement. India cannot retool there nation overnight which is why they set a date of 2050. China who knows.
- Yes, we need regulations on cryptocurrency. Its a scam. Banning it if necessary.

When it comes to the ideas missing from this list, there effects need to be studied more. So put them on the backburner for a few years.

Edit - Its the 21 century. The US is a democracy so its time to do something about all those so called territories.

With regard to the six territories, I would hold a referendum in each and actually respect them, unlike what Congress has done with Puerto Rico's referendum dating back to 1967 The referendums can have the option of territorial status (status quo), statehood, free association, and independence. I don't know if ranked-choice voting would be a good idea here since I have only seen it in regards to elections and not referendums.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Arisyan wrote:Besides the border wall and no regulations on cryptocurrency, I agree with the majority of the values this party espouses and I would prefer them to the current two-parties operating.

Thank you, maybe we should actually start a political party with this lol.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:06 pm

This political salad would kickstart the Second Civil War if it were implemented.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Skelly Man Dan
Envoy

Founded: May 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Skelly Man Dan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm

I’m more interested in watching this party try to thread the needle.

Five bucks says it ends up jettisoning one side of the political spectrum and leaning hard into the other half, all the while insisting it’s still centrist or “beyond labels”.
Community of skeletons trying to rediscover things like "functioning government" and "standards of living". Somewhere out there a necromancy student is wondering what went wrong.

Not reflective of irl views.

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Skelly Man Dan wrote:I’m more interested in watching this party try to thread the needle.

Five bucks says it ends up jettisoning one side of the political spectrum and leaning hard into the other half, all the while insisting it’s still centrist or “beyond labels”.

I don't why that you can't do policies from both left and right-wing, it is not really a beyond labels thing either.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Seems a pretty reasonable platform to me, which naturally means it would have little chance of getting power in the US.

Even the more cringe-worthy ideas like the moronic wall have caveats which make them tolerable, such as easier and quicker legal means for refugees to gain access. The Voter ID thing is also better when it provided free and universally to citizens, rather than something they have to jump through hoops to receive.

I don't think it would get a lot of traction with the crazies though, since fighting climate change seems to make them break out in hives due to 'teh gubment'.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:40 pm

-Free community college

-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list) >>> I support recreational nukes and total deregulation.

-Repeal the Patriot Act

I'd vote for'em. I'm also going to be brutally honest, I just want to spite crypto traders.

Recreational McNukes.

EDIT: Improving legal means for refugees to be vetted and let is is alright in concept, so sure.
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Republicanana
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicanana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Albrenia wrote:Seems a pretty reasonable platform to me, which naturally means it would have little chance of getting power in the US.

Even the more cringe-worthy ideas like the moronic wall have caveats which make them tolerable, such as easier and quicker legal means for refugees to gain access. The Voter ID thing is also better when it provided free and universally to citizens, rather than something they have to jump through hoops to receive.

I don't think it would get a lot of traction with the crazies though, since fighting climate change seems to make them break out in hives due to 'teh gubment'.

I agree, but I think most of the problem is the fact that it is very hard to start a third party, let alone stabilize it, and gain seats. We are finally seeing it a little bit by the Libertarians but over half of their seats won in 2021 were in non-partisan contests.

Wizlandia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wizlandia » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:51 pm

-Free community college
-Repeal the Patriot Act

Absolutely not.

Delving into it one by one,

Increase Wall Street regulations

Depends on what the regulation is. But probably not.

Free community college

Against.

Medicare for All (PRIORITY)

What do you mean by "Medicare for All"? If it's the ridiculously generous Bernie plan then strongly against. Otherwise if there's decent amount of cost control measure I could see myself supporting it.

Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points (border wall is not a priority, legal immigration is)

Against. I want much more immigration, and border wall is just a waste of money.

Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list)

Against. Preventing people on the no-fly list from owning guns list is a blatant violation of the 2nd and 14th amendments.

Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else

Everyone supports this in principle. What specifically are you suggesting to cut (though probably support because I'm generally in favour of lower spending).

Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed

Again, what specific regulations. But in general support. Excessive occupational licensing has been a big issue both Republicans and Democrats (e.g. the Obama administration) have campaigned on.

Be aggressive in fighting climate change

I support carbon taxes and/or cap and trade. But anti-Green New Deal and watermelon politics.

Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible

Muh trade deficits. Literally not a problem. Complete free trade is ideal.

Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt

Lol. This entire list is full of massive spending increases. So much for paying down national debt.

Mandatory Voter ID, universal and free

If it's universal and free I'm fine with (or without) mandatory voter ID.

Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts

You can try. Doubt it'd work.

Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes

No to corporate tax increases. Depends what you consider loopholes, half the stuff people call loopholes aren't loopholes.

Increase taxes on those making more than $1 million/year (PRIORITY)

Opposed unless it's paired with social spending cuts.

Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class

Idk could support could oppose depending on how the rest of the budget shapes out.

Figure out ways to speed up the process to vet refugees to let more in

Support.

Legalize marijuana (PRIORITY)

Support.

No regulations on cryptocurrency

Idk but probably opposed.

Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons)

Tentatively support no three-strike laws. Idk about shifting to rehabilitation or private prisons. I'm skeptical of the former and not knowledgeable enough about whether private prisons are actually better/worse run.

Break up monopolies and bring new antitrust action

Depends on what the specific anti-trust policy regime is.

Ban all corporate lobbying

Opposed. Such a ban violates the 1st Amendment.

Repeal the Patriot Act

Idk, tentatively support.

The list seems like a progressive wish list with a few empty "cut wasteful spending" and "cut national debt" platitudes, not a platform of some left-wing and right-wing positions.
Last edited by Wizlandia on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
光复香港,时代革命。
Constitution of Wizlandia
Wizlandia Political Parties
Pro: Classical Liberalism, Market Economy, Civil Liberties, Free Speech, Immigration, LGBT Equality, Religious Liberty, School Choice, Carbon Pricing, Free Trade, Peace Through Strength, U.S., NATO, Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, Supreme Court of the United States
Anti: Leftism, Nationalism, Islamic Fundamentalism, Anti-Semitism, Isolationism, Eurofederalism, MAGA Movement, American Progressivism, Affirmative Action/DEI/CRT/Grievance Studies, Xi, Putin, Ali Khamenei, Maduro, Hamas

Dreria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreria » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:56 pm

why would you lump china and India together lmao
white boys love to sit on an improvised couch

Skelly Man Dan
Envoy

Founded: May 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Skelly Man Dan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Republicanana wrote:
Skelly Man Dan wrote:I’m more interested in watching this party try to thread the needle.

I don't why that you can't do policies from both left and right-wing, it is not really a beyond labels thing either.

Honestly, there's nothing that says you inherently can't. However, I still expect that even while the platform's acceptable to the average sane person, the nitty gritty details are going to be a lot harder to satisfy voters from both sides of the aisle that you hope to draw from. And forget it if a culture wars issue springs up. You can always ignore the fanatics, but that's still a gamble on how many Americans fit that category. As I said, it's not impossible, just threading a needle, like any broad coalition.

The "beyond labels" thing wasn't necessarily meant at you as-is, my bad. The term's just associated with a lot of rhetoric from groups who claim to draw from both sides, but tend to be solidly in one camp; I still expect that the average party trying to do a balancing act like this will inevitably tilt one way or the other.
Last edited by Skelly Man Dan on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Community of skeletons trying to rediscover things like "functioning government" and "standards of living". Somewhere out there a necromancy student is wondering what went wrong.

Not reflective of irl views.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General