NATION

PASSWORD

Is the world terrified of phone calls?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

BIgDaddyPresco Land
Civilian

Founded: Mar 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby BIgDaddyPresco Land » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:00 am

yo y'all should be!!!! fr tho i know this russian dude olek dude is fire literally mirrored my wifes (ex) phone to mine think it was "unknowneyep" on instagram and proton like if dudes could do this we really aint safe in this B :eek: :blink:

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayytaly » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:04 am

Tech has made us antisocial.

CMV.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

United Nation of Freedoms
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby United Nation of Freedoms » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:23 pm

I certainly have felt the way that many of my peers in this thread fell, yet I had no idea it was so widespread. I just assumed being the introverted person that I am was why. I'd love to see someone do some research on why this is the case with millennials and really take a look into why things have gotten this way. I find myself being borderline rude because I do not like to answer calls and oftentimes ignore them and hope to have the conversation over text where I feel much more comfortable.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:09 am

United Nation of Freedoms wrote:I certainly have felt the way that many of my peers in this thread fell, yet I had no idea it was so widespread. I just assumed being the introverted person that I am was why. I'd love to see someone do some research on why this is the case with millennials and really take a look into why things have gotten this way. I find myself being borderline rude because I do not like to answer calls and oftentimes ignore them and hope to have the conversation over text where I feel much more comfortable.

Every time I meet somebody who I might talk to in the future, I add them to my contacts immediately. This way I can continue to ignore every unknown or blocked call.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

YuriFornia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby YuriFornia » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:11 am

United Nation of Freedoms wrote:I certainly have felt the way that many of my peers in this thread fell, yet I had no idea it was so widespread. I just assumed being the introverted person that I am was why. I'd love to see someone do some research on why this is the case with millennials and really take a look into why things have gotten this way. I find myself being borderline rude because I do not like to answer calls and oftentimes ignore them and hope to have the conversation over text where I feel much more comfortable.

Stop gravedigging
Neu California's living room PC puppet. How much use it'll see I don't know

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:18 am

I can't speak for everyone but I definitely am, yes. Talking to people just takes too much energy, I'd rather write it down.

Interestingly, I did notice a trend* recently in which whenever I talk to Gen Z people, they seem to like sending voice clips or having voice chat on various platforms - so I wonder if aversion to phone calls is strictly a Gen Y** thing?

* I am aware that anecdote is not evidence of a broader trend, this is based exclusively off personal experience

** I refuse to use the term "Millennial". I find the term nauseatingly American, and doesn't make any sense given that it describes people born before the turn of the Millennium.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:39 am

Ayytaly wrote:Tech has made us antisocial.

CMV.

Considering how social interaction's always been coded by ceremony and rules I'm willing to say technology hasn't made us antisocial, it's just made us lie less about how social we are.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General