NATION

PASSWORD

Global Alliance Main IC Thread [AT VOTE]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Global Alliance-GA
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Global Alliance Main IC Thread [AT VOTE]

Postby Global Alliance-GA » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Global Alliance Main IC Thread

Signups Thread

Welcome to the GA's main IC thread. This acts as an "everything IC thread" where we discuss important ongoing events and military operations that affect the nations of the world, and post various important news events. Here, players also vote on "acts", proposals that affect all members inside of the GA. These acts are created to combat several problems our nations and the outside world face, and can focus on a variety of matters, from the conflict against slavery to international security to the protection of minority rights.

NOTE: Our meetings are online so that we can realistically meet for long periods of time. Immediately after the first vote of the week, we hold an in-person meeting that lasts for 24 RL hours with the same functions as a regular meeting. Also important is to not post your act, but to instead send a telegram to Global Alliance-Military with the act so it can be decided if the act is in violation of any established GA law or edited.

STATUS: Do not send new acts until the current voting session is over. It will be over on an undefined date and time, likely by the start of next week.
Last edited by Global Alliance-GA on Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Global Alliance-GA
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Alliance-GA » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Reserved

Global Alliance-GA
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Alliance-GA » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Reserved

East Stal Saillnerce
Attaché

Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Stal Saillnerce » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:42 pm

All three frontpeople create the meeting silently under the username "East Stal Saillnerce" and wait for the frontpeople of other nations to join. Since nobody has joined within the span of 5 minutes, the three frontpeople turn their cameras and microphones off and fall asleep.
Puppet of the Big Owl-loving one. Specifically, Random Nation 2930.
brettenwald don’t get back at me please
Co-Founder of GA, member of UDAF.
Don’t ask why the stocks are at what they are at. Frequently the stocks are up/down less than a point, and that’s how exact they get.

Stocks: ZB -0.002% (4,412.70)

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Former Southeast Marajarbian representative to the UCA, a man known as Carl Williams, begins his broadcast from a somewhat old laptop in a room surrounded by Southeast Marajarbian flags, and memorabilia belonging to the original 3 alliances. Carl is eager to represent Southeast Marajarbia in what he and the Government hope can become both a successor to the World Assembly and a way to become an even bigger world power. Carl's wife, Hannah Williams, can be seen handing Carl a glass of freshly squeezed Marajarbian orange juice, which Carl immediately begins to drink as he waits for any other representatives to introduce themselves in order to start passing the many, many proposals in store for this alliance.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:55 am

Antrov Gestav, the Minister for foreign relations, joins the meeting, and turns off the camera and microphone, while on the computer doing something totally related to work, while listening closely to the meeting in case someone mentions 'Galapagos'.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:36 am

Antrov, hearing footsteps, quickly gets the news on, only to hear of GLA terrorists in the Galapagos increasing their activities. He turned his microphone on and declares that removing GA influence from the Galapagos is the only way that it can ensure peace in the world, for the stability and ideology of the Galapagos, the security and safety of the GA member states, and the reputation and growth of the GA.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:31 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:Antrov, hearing footsteps, quickly gets the news on, only to hear of GLA terrorists in the Galapagos increasing their activities. He turned his microphone on and declares that removing GA influence from the Galapagos is the only way that it can ensure peace in the world, for the stability and ideology of the Galapagos, the security and safety of the GA member states, and the reputation and growth of the GA.

"While the situation in the Galapagos in concerning, the Global Alliance has a lot to work on, especially in terms of giving the Galapagos a slow independence. However, instead of doing that, I recommend that we vote on the official Global Alliance military." Said Carl.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:11 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
The Territories of Sealand wrote:Antrov, hearing footsteps, quickly gets the news on, only to hear of GLA terrorists in the Galapagos increasing their activities. He turned his microphone on and declares that removing GA influence from the Galapagos is the only way that it can ensure peace in the world, for the stability and ideology of the Galapagos, the security and safety of the GA member states, and the reputation and growth of the GA.

"While the situation in the Galapagos in concerning, the Global Alliance has a lot to work on, especially in terms of giving the Galapagos a slow independence. However, instead of doing that, I recommend that we vote on the official Global Alliance military." Said Carl.

'...Fine. As long as it isn't too slow, and terrorism is limited, we'll have to accept that. So what should go in the official GA military? We in Sealand have submarines. We have more than just submarines, but the submarines are the best things we've ever had.'
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:30 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:

'...Fine. As long as it isn't too slow, and terrorism is limited, we'll have to accept that. So what should go in the official GA military? We in Sealand have submarines. We have more than just submarines, but the submarines are the best things we've ever had.'

"What we need first are 5,000 or so troops from each member nation to create our massive army. I believe that 5,000-7,000 troops could be necessary, and then we could start using submarines and tanks, and even mass produce Knightmare Lites (https://images.app.goo.gl/HfM2MTuqPm4u8X3E7). We can also set up a deal with Allanean Defense Exports for weaponry and vehicles as well." Said Carl.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:18 am

"What we need first are 5,000 or so troops from each member nation to create our massive army. I believe that 5,000-7,000 troops could be necessary, and then we could start using submarines and tanks, and even mass produce Knightmare Lites (https://images.app.goo.gl/HfM2MTuqPm4u8X3E7). We can also set up a deal with Allanean Defense Exports for weaponry and vehicles as well." Said Carl.

'Sure, we'll be sending those 7,000 troops to the GA military, while potentially sending some subs if you want some. Now, what else to talk about?' Antrov turns off his mic, and continues to do nothing productive.
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:01 pm

'Sure, we'll be sending those 7,000 troops to the GA military, while potentially sending some subs if you want some. Now, what else to talk about?' Antrov turns off his mic, and continues to do nothing productive.

“Well, not only do we have a queue full of proposals that need to be debated and voted upon by every single member, but we also need to discuss which alliances should become more involved in the future of the alliance. One such alliance is NATO, which has tried and tried again to start a war due to nations such as France having some obviously paranoid governments refusing peace agreements that were created with the future of the now-Tourist Paradise in mind.” Said Carl.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 pm

“Well, not only do we have a queue full of proposals that need to be debated and voted upon by every single member, but we also need to discuss which alliances should become more involved in the future of the alliance. One such alliance is NATO, which has tried and tried again to start a war due to nations such as France having some obviously paranoid governments refusing peace agreements that were created with the future of the now-Tourist Paradise in mind.” Said Carl.

'We are in full support of NATO-GA co-operation. No more chances for war between the two, and it might improve the situation in the Galapagos.
NS stats not canon.

Global Alliance-Military
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Global Alliance-Military » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:57 pm

'Sure, we'll be sending those 7,000 (unnecessary section) troops to the GA military, while potentially sending some subs if you want some. Now, what else to talk about?' Antrov turns off his mic, and continues to do nothing productive.

"We only want 5,000 troops until we set the budget, so at the moment, the GA's delegation is against your sending request."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:56 am

Global Alliance-Military wrote:
'Sure, we'll be sending those 7,000 (unnecessary section) troops to the GA military, while potentially sending some subs if you want some. Now, what else to talk about?' Antrov turns off his mic, and continues to do nothing productive.

"We only want 5,000 troops until we set the budget, so at the moment, the GA's delegation is against your sending request."

'Ok, 5000 it is'
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:09 am

Global Alliance-Military wrote:

"So, we need 5,000 for each member nation, but can that number rise once we make our budgets clear?" Asked Carl.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:20 am

'I don't see why not. Now, how much should each of this alliance's members pay to the GA's budget?'
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:07 pm

The Territories of Sealand wrote:'I don't see why not. Now, how much should each of this alliance's members pay to the GA's budget?'

“First, we must vote on the military itself, before voting on a budget. I believe that if this moment counts as the chance to commence the vote, Southeast Marajarbia shall vote Aye.” Said Carl.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:30 am

'Aye.'
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Carl Williams immediately leaves the call upon hearing the news that Southeast Marajarbia and UCA, by extension, are leaving GA due to inactivity

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:18 pm

The Kingmen Representative has walked out of the room as The Kingmen Government has Resigned from the GA
IC NAME: Tartania

The Democratic Republic of Nytoa
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Cala Blanca wrote:Application Rules (IC):
No genocidal nations, or nations that severely restrict civil and/or political freedoms. All other nations are allowed. Nations can have WA and GA membership simultaneously. One puppet max, which cannot run for elections. You must state that it is a puppet as a note in the application.

The government of Cala Blanca, an accepted member of the GA, issues a formal request for a clarification on this. When going to the GA regional page

"We only invade fascist, nazist, reactionary, and far-right regions, and only do so occasionally."

This is of grave concern for Cala Blanca as we identity as traditionally right-wing(as far as the common interpretation of politics), this statement implies that the organization shields or even promotes ideologies that are left to far left while condemning right to far-right politics.

Our membership in this Alliance is dependent upon a response to this.
Nytoa is very worried about the bolded statement this implies that Cala Blanca would invade or attempt to destroy left wing nations.
Does NOT fully represent my views

Member of ICDN, Nato and UCA (and all of its predecessors)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

New account: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nyetoa

Karpetia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpetia » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 am

Karpetia is currently at war, and requests the GA's help is fighting it. A community of Karpetian ex-pats is under attack, and we would like to liberate them.

East Stal Saillnerce
Attaché

Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Stal Saillnerce » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:39 am

Karpetia wrote:Karpetia is currently at war, and requests the GA's help is fighting it. A community of Karpetian ex-pats is under attack, and we would like to liberate them.

"What exactly is this conflict so we can take a closer look at it?"

The GA's war policies have been put on hold, so we can give you political support but not much else.
Puppet of the Big Owl-loving one. Specifically, Random Nation 2930.
brettenwald don’t get back at me please
Co-Founder of GA, member of UDAF.
Don’t ask why the stocks are at what they are at. Frequently the stocks are up/down less than a point, and that’s how exact they get.

Stocks: ZB -0.002% (4,412.70)

Karpetia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpetia » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:48 am

East Stal Saillnerce wrote:
Karpetia wrote:Karpetia is currently at war, and requests the GA's help is fighting it. A community of Karpetian ex-pats is under attack, and we would like to liberate them.

"What exactly is this conflict so we can take a closer look at it?"

The GA's war policies have been put on hold, so we can give you political support but not much else.

Our neighbor to the south, Tzazikistan, has declared a group of people in the north rebels, for trying to form their own country, and their leader is becoming a dictator.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates