NATION

PASSWORD

The Defensive Map of Nations for International Security

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

The Defensive Map of Nations for International Security

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Set up here for your nations defense to use in grid warfare or just set up defense with calculation so that you will be ready for when a nation wants to do grid warfare.

Noticing the lack of real statistics upfront for a national security the following information is for nations who would want to participate in the roll-play of war using the nation states calculator as well as understanding the rules for troop defense and deployment in roll-playing warfare. This is not the actual roll-play but the set up for the type of roll-play using a grid map in the simulation of troop movement and statistics.

This will be the place to go to sign up your nation to participate in conflicts or all out war. It's cruicial to sign up and understand how to use the map and NS calculation for how big your military is in number. Also in this type of roll-play the capablilites of your nation are taken into account by looking at your nations policies. Depending on agreement with a nation in the war grid roll play it's decided what will be allowed in regards to nukes. If nations agree to use nukes in the roll play your nation in diplomacy must have the policy of weapons of Mass destruction. All statistics in the game are taken into account.
Below is the code to sign up your nation and Another nation for war that both nations must fill out to rp the grided war. You take statistics from here and roll play the war on your own thread with that nation by taking the statistics from here and applying it to your own roll-play.
Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Leader Name:
Name of the War or Conflict:
Using the nation states calculator under demographics what is your nations Military & Reserves?:
Copy and paste your nations map or the map which the rp of conflict will take place below:
Once you get your grid make calculations by editing in your placement here:

As the manager nation in encouraging this rp I will take your map and set up your grid- For rules to be applied that will be for your own rp with the players.

Once you fill out your map and I send your nation in comments with the grid for you to use It will state a guideline for how to set up your maps defense. Also same map will be used for the other party to rp their troop movement by entering the code in the rp for attacking by going off the rules of movement across the grid. When setting up your defensive map you can add up to 45 defensive squares that will simulate a strong defense. The 45 squares that you choose will be squares the opposite military should avoiding invading unless the don't mind losing up to 100 troops each turn in that square.

How to calculate setting up the number to attack and defend- You can set up a defensive map ahead of time before war or update the numbers as your nation grows.

This is how you find how many troops based off nation states calculation will be able to use in rp for defending and attacking.
In setting up your defense on your nations map you subtract from the total number of your military to defend on your map and when you access war you may have to subtract defense from squares to go on the attack.

This is the number you should subtract from your total troop number in placing troops so that you don't rp more troops than you have.
To place an Aircraft Carrior on your map in a square you choose the square you would like to place the aircraft carrior. From research an aircraft carror has a crew of 1000 sailors. In placing vehicles like carrors you must make subtractions so you can place all your troops. Below is an ideological chart of how much to subtract from your total troop force to place troops. In each square you can place as many troops as you like.

1 soldier= subtract 1 from total calculation from military and reserves of your nation based on NS Calculator.
1 Hum v= Subtract 4
1 chopper= subtract 2
1 jet= Subtract 2
1 Aircraft Carrior subtract 1000
Example below of calculation using Texkentuck
First, I look at the NS calculator and look under Military & Reserves which says we have a total military of 86,298,724.
Second, I ask myself what squares in my map do I want most defended. Also where do I want to place my navy.
3rd you place your troops accros the grid in squares by recording where you are placing troops. As you place troops and record which squares and how many in a square you subtract that figure from 86,298,724. Keep in mind if you rp moving troops to attack a nation you must state which square your moving troops. You can't rp troops that you don't have that's why it's important to say which squares you take troops from. If you plan to immediately attack a party with 30,000 troops you need to make sure you don't place 30,000 troops on your defensive grid. If you invade the opponent with more troops later in rp. You say which squares your moving troops from and rp them together in number on the adversaries grid.

In seeing your grid and the enemies grid the is the rp of being able to seeing imagery with a satalite. Also makes it possible to see what is defended on the enemy grid and what is not. Also As troops die in rp. Obviosly your troop total number decreases and rp. It's up to the enemy nation to keep track of how many troops they kill because not all players may be honest in letting you know how many troops were killed. Also for rp and movement and doing attacks it's cruicial to keep track of how many troops you lose. The object of grid war play is to destroy all enemy troops or to get one side to surrender. Look at this...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=511352
Rules for troop movement-
It's not possible to physically place pieces on the grid so it's very important to record your daily troop movement. Rules are enforced by the other party.
With smaller numbers will explain.
In rp once you have troops placed across your grid and you decided you were going to immidately attack on the first day. To keep it simple let pretend that the NS calculator instead of that huge number I'm using as an example is only 200 Military & Reserves.
First on your defensive map across squares you placed 100 troops for defense. 200 is a weak ass military and as far as I know the number will probably be in the thousands.
You decide to place a carrior in a square- well you can't because it takes 2,000 troops and you have 200. Lol
You can place 200 troops across squares broken up or put them all in one square. But you want to attack anyway so you want to attack with just 100 and have 100 troops defending your nation. You take those numbers and you make realistic calculation of putting those troops in jets vehicles or full force. you can have a jet or tank because you can subtract 2 for jets and 4 for a tank from that number. Once you calculate down and get to 0 you've placed your troops.
I will show you an example in my comments in how I set up.
Rules for troop movement:
Once a day in rp you will state the actual date with your recorded moves. Also in roll playing troops dropped into a square the square movement rules don't apply. Square rules only apply for fighter jets, tanks, ships, and troop movement. To land a c-130 in rp on the enemy map you must have full control of that square on the enemies map and if you wish to set up an airbase you state that you did. The moment the enemy troops invade you can lose that site so once you take a square try to leave troops in place for defense or not if you think the opposite player may forget even though it's recorded it's an air strip or new base for you military rp.
In the game the rules for movement-
Nations may record 2 squares of movement from one square to the next in a day for movement of tanks and troops.
Their isn't a rule for jet war fare. Like the C-130 jets can fly anywhere in the grid but can only do one attack in a day on a square.
Ships can only travel 2 squares a day. But aircraft carriors have a total of 40 jets. If the rp of those jets are destroyed then their is just the aircraft carrior which can attack ships by movement. It can only destroy 2 battleships at a time. A carriors jets can be deployed over as many squares as possible but for ships to personally attack another ship they must be in the same square after movements.
Rules for nukes and cruise missiles and droan war play.
A nation may defend itself by deploying a drone strike- if the adversary is in a square of your nation you can do 1 drone strike which will kill 20 soldiers. Now that enemy has less attacking force in that square. The attacking will be roll played by what the players say and the calculations applied.
A nuke can destroy a proximate diameter of 10X10 squares. That means troops lets say you want to nuke troops in a square. you choose a start point that makes that square with enemy troops as close to the center of your 10X10 recording.

I will set up my nation in comments to show how to set up your defense map- In attacking the enemy if you set up your full military on the defense map you subtract from the number of troops defending. Then if they are killed you also subtract the total number of your military and that's your new number. In movement in defense and attack the goal is not to lose troops. Aircraft from a carrior can fly to any square on a map. They can't bomb though.... An aircraft carrior carrior has 1000 sailers so a battleship of of 40 well we know how that may go. It's rp and it would be fun.
Last edited by Texkentuck on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm

Nation Name: Texkentuck Monarchy Republic Federation
Leader Name: President Bram W. Schirkophf
Name of the War or Conflict: Setting up calculation for any future war for defensive map.
Using the nation states calculator under demographics what is your nations Military & Reserves?:86,298,724
Copy and paste your nations map or the map which the rp of conflict will take place below:

Once you get your grid make calculations by editing in your placement here:

Texkentuck troop placement with calculation for rp-
First I find my capital which is Dominion Square of Capitalist bloc. I want to defend the shit out of that....
That's in square G11.
I ask myself how many troops do I want in that square- I only have a force of 86,298,724.
G11- I'm going to place 30,000 troops with 2000 tanks.
I take the number of my force of 86,298,724.
I know that a tank has a crew of 4 people, So I do 2000 X 4= 8,000.
30,000 troops is 30,000 thousand troops.
I take 30,000 + 8,000= 38,000 troops total for that defense- Larger number just for that. If I don't like the result I can decrease the tanks or troops.
Now I take 86,298,724 - 38,000= 86,260,724 which is the total number I can place across my map in the squares. I do calculations such as this until I reach the number I want to invade the enemy with that day. As troops are killed by the enemy you subtract from 86,298,724. The number I calculated is just the defense force in Texkentuck and not the overall which stays until the enemy rps killing your dudes. At the moment I didn't calculated a carrior into the equasion or jets but the moment you do that defense calculates down in placement. The whole point of calculating down to 0 is to make sure you've placed all your troops. In the end you have a map and a conglomerate of squares filled. When the war begins it's up to each player to record their movements and to notice when they cross squares to rp attack. Because of so much going on at once it's possible for enemies to just not attack. Each Square can rp a move or an attack one day at a time. If you want to be savage you move all your troops all the time. If your lazy you may just move a few squares and when the enemy rps attack your troops sitting you join in that rp. Lol It would be fun.....Great war game with a grid. Lol

If you want to be a real SOB you can calculate in economy and confuse the hell out of people or they may learn something. Right now just trying to rp troop movement and defense.

If nukes are rp'd and less say you want to nuke texkentuck. You can only make 1 nuke recording a day. Just like war when nukes are involved wars end quick. I'm sending a nuke to your nation Texkentuck Bombing Dominion Square my nuke will nuke squares 10X10 of F5 to K14. All the squares inbeween would be nuked. Texkentuck can either rp I have sent a missile and destroyed your nuke and we are sending a nuke to squares in whatever squares of the opposite map. Lol Now some how in the rp you have to use your words and imagination to get that nuke to land. Lol P.S. I'm flying a bomber to your nation and you didn't know it had a nuke and we dropped it in squares such and such. The diameter can only be 10X10....BAM! It's complicated a bit but once you play and understand the flow it will work. No rp is perfect. This could make a war last a long time. Lol

Once calculations are done you apply the rules of rp
Example for code in rp:
In the actual rp you write in response when attacking-
Day 1- 10/22/21
Moves in squares: We are moving 38,000 troops from G11 to G13. P.S. A player may do this if G14 is undefended and 20,000 enemy troops are in that square. Either they will move away or attack. Since it's on my map I can do one air strike a day by a missile. We are launching a missile on G14 and killed 100 of your troops. The players subtract from the number of troops in that square. It may make it in which a tank is destroyed because lets say someone put 200 troops in that square 50 are tanks. The attacker attacked the tanks automatically because it takes a crew of 200 to have 50 tanks. So now you have 200 troops and 25 tanks instead 0f 50....Unless specified the airstrike was targeted at troops.
Moves for response to an attack- Be sure to quote the attack in response.
The winner wins when the opposite side calculations in troops killed reach zero.

Also Lets say I want to land in an enemy square undefended a c-130 with 64 troops or a few. I would rp flying the C-130's with jets to fight off the enemies response in sending a set number of jets. Both players responsibly rp the scenario. I sent 1 C-130 with 10 jets. The enemy states I'm sending 15 jets to kill your c-130 and jets. Ok so to avoid god-modding. The player being attacked may say you killed are c-130 but 5 jets flew off....Get the jist. It's still rp.

When ships enter an enemy map they can only move 2 squares in a day. Same goes for vehicles on land. Troops can move 1 square unless they rp one of the soldiers driving a 5 ton. To land vehicles you have to rp a ship pulling up to the shore or rp making an empty square an airfield upon invasion.
Last edited by Texkentuck on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Return to International Incidents